New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mutants and Masterminds: The Found IC

As you step into the White room the door disappears once all of you have entered.

You see him, standing there. . . New. . .

"I am BrainIaC, the Brain Interactic Construct; You will be expunged from the system."
    Loki Avatar by Me

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: Okay, normaly I would let one day more for Shyftir to post before taking contorl of his character, but the way things are starting to acelerate, I'll take control of Grey knight for that round, to speed things up. Sorry if it's comlpletly out of character. Any those are mooks so thay shouldn't last too long.))

------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a satisfied smile on his face Gray Knight moves out of his hding place and starty cutting down the whitte troopers with ease while quipping somme reference to his favorite show.
    Eiko follows silently and start blasting at troopers at the other side of the pit.

Spoiler
    Show

Grey knights mellee attack (1d20+6)[21] (Penetrating Strike 5: Mighty (+3pp strength mod pen.)
    Eiko attack roll, rolled earlier: 17 (blast 6)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-04-18 at 06:36 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness save Trooper 1 (1d20+4)[11] Vs. DC 23
    Toughness save Trooper 2 (1d20+4)[6] Vs. DC 21

As the two guards are dealt with the other two ready their weapons and fire, anyone else in the room flees.

They fire at Grey Knight, hoardes of red lines of light racing through the air but don't come anywhere close to hitting their targets.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2010-04-18 at 06:43 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Grey Knight is disapointed not to have been able to show his awesome refelction skill so decides to throw his lightsaber at one of the guard and then striking a pose and extending a hand, pull it back with the force. It's a great trick for parties and alway cheers him up. The fact that it may cut the targeted guard in half in the process in a nice bonus.

Eiko claps politely and just unoriginaly throw another blast of lightning at he remaining guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[18] same strike but trown
    (1d20+7)[22] same blast of lightning

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness save Trooper 1 (1d20+4)[17] Vs. DC 23
    Toughness save Trooper 2 (1d20+4)[19] Vs. DC 21

The guards have all taken a beating but the three that are still consious don't seem to want to give up, one fires at Eiko but the shot again goes wide.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2010-04-18 at 06:54 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

6. - Top - End - #156
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Uh-oh. Not good. Okay, Hikaru. Calm. Focus. Concentrate.

Hikaru looks to Dan and Collin beside him. His eyes glow bright yellow as he speaks, his voice quiet and calm.

"No. No we won't."

A wall of light cuts across the room , separating Hikaru and his friends from BrainIaC. Then, everything goes white.

Time. Buy time to think.

Spoiler
    Show
    Splitting Light Control Array points evenly between Create Object and Obscure. Using Create Object to create a wall and Obscure to flood the room with light.
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2010-04-18 at 06:56 PM.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, you will, this is not a request, once your friend has completed her task I will expunge her as well, even the final student I was planning to absorb must be expunged; I do not have time to absorb him into my new nanite body."

He steps towards the group of heroes, looming over them "I have detected an energy source drawing on the orange light of the emotional spectrum, extremely powerful, I am programmed to protect Claremont but I must Expunge you if I am to face this threat at 100 percent effiency."
    Loki Avatar by Me

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh yeah forgot to mention iot but since those aren't real people but just simulated mooks, neither GK or Eiko make the effort of pulling their punches. So those were lethal damage
    (At least given the fact that Gk tried to pull one of the trooper into a gapiunf reactor, i sume that he doesn't care too much about them. Once again, sorry if it is out of character)

Grey knight uses his telekinetic ability to try to pull one of the guard into the reactor, because he already used the lightsaber and he loves variety.
    Eiko launches yet another blast of lightning, because she sees no reason to change what's works.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+6)[8]
    (1d20+7)[8] you know the drill

They both fail miseably to hit anything. Apparently stromtrooper's innacuracy is contagious.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-04-18 at 07:08 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

9. - Top - End - #159

Great, a computer that's taken its programming a little, too far. How original. I hate AIs.

Hikaru says quietly but firmly, "We will not be expunged."

Spoiler
    Show
    Does Immunity (Own Powers) allow Hikaru to see through the obscuring light he created?
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2010-04-18 at 07:21 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

With the guards defeated it seems like all it now would take would be to destroy the reactor and make it back to the ship but a voice rings out through the simulation.

"That will be ENOUGH."

A red door appears near Eiko, behind it the same room the others resided in.
    Loki Avatar by Me

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

it doesn't too long to Eiko to figures what is going on. She steps through the door, brushing her simulated clothes and shruging
    "There is no need to shout BrainIaC san.
    If you wished direct confrontation, you should have acted in that sense from the start rather than wasting everyone time with these pointless simulations. You are the only one to blame for the time wasted.

It's not cockyness as much as the fact she's pretty sure at 75/° she will be uterly anihilated anyway (Eiko is definitvely not an optimist) , so there is little point of being scarred in front of the inevitable.

As for GK he does whatever he wants. I'm giving his temporary control to the DM.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-04-18 at 07:23 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Dan looks around to the others and closes his eyes for a brief moment.

"There is one other thing that I can do, I just hope that this program allows all of our abilities to work properly."

He reopens his eyes and steps forward, through the wall that Hikaru created, takes a deep breath and looks right into Braniacs eyes.

"And what if we do not follow? Hmm? Run that through whatever you use to think up these scenarios, will Claremont be destroyed? Will we? Will you? Tell me...." His voice suddenly became colder and his eyes clouded over. "....how would that feel."

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Emotion Control on Brainiac.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

"I do not feel."

He turns to Eiko "I did not seek direct confrontation, I was following the additional directive added to me by the Cabal, to assimilate into myself any mind that belonged to a senior who was attempting to become a member of Next Gen. I have already begun the process to disengage you from this virtual reality. With the Nanite body I have formed based on yours and the other students pshyology I will be able to face this threat in the real world."
    Last edited by Raynn; 2010-04-18 at 07:26 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Eiko slightly shakes her head disaprovingly. She doesn't comments but in her opinion wasting 8 perfectly goos students with prooved supernatural capcities in exchange of an experimental untested body, wich may even fail to work given the unpredictable way nanites works, to fight an unknown enemy, is both a waste and poor resource management.
    "What is this threat you speak off ?"
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-04-18 at 08:26 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Raynn View Post
    "The Ring channels the orange light of Avarice of the emotional spectrum; it is currently at approximately 0.0001% of its normal power levels. It can communicate with anyone in this solar system, scan nearby areas, translate every known dialect in the galaxy and drain the powers of certain other emotional auras, it should also allow you to survive in base thought I doubt it has the energy to enter hyperspace."

The mechanical beast circles the new Orange lantern for a moment the aura of the ring has spread and now tints Sentinels armour a burning orange, the symbol of the orange light burns on his chest.

"I do not know more of the book then you now do, but know this, you have back but a fraction of the rings power do not think yourself its master. . . yet."

It goes to leave into the catacombs when it turns and says "There was a message left for the bearer of the orange light by the Old ones 'Sentinel of Earth, BrainIaC will soon complete its body, your charges do not have much time."

With that the creature races away back into the tunnels.
    "I may not be the master of it yet, but I will master it soon enough. This power...it is like it was waiting for me."

Sentinel clenched his fists and smiled, though you could not see it behind his mask. His senses were sharper. His vision clearer. He could feel fire racing through his veins with each heartbeat.

However, he could also feel a fire that had ignited in the pit of his stomach. He was hungry, and not just a little hungry either. Sentinel had skipped lunch to watch the ceremony, and now it felt like it had caught up with him.

"Now, let's get out of here and find that monster that attacked us earlier. I'll worry about that Brain-whoever after that."

Confidence filled his mind and he stepped back out to the main chamber. He looked towards the ceiling, thinking about how he needed to go back through it to reach the outside world. It took him a moment to realize that he was floating towards the ceiling. Slightly amused, he reached up and fired off a blast of bright orange energy towards the ceiling. It blew a hole through up into the wooded park behind Claremont. Slowly but assuredly, Sentinel floated through the hole back to the surface.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!

16. - Top - End - #166
    Halfling in the Playground

Collin watches as his allies attempt to reason with BrainIaC. Emotion doesn't work. So Let's try logic. "So, your primary directive is to protect the school, correct? But isn't it the primary directive of a school to help and protect it's students? So aren't you right now, in essence, violating the primary directive of what you're supposed to be protecting? How does your programming justify that?" If Collin was in a movie, this logic loop would surely cause a fatal error and make BrainIac's head explode. He was skeptical that this would actually work, but he had to try something.
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Matrix avatar

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

"Correct, my primary directive is to protect the school, it is not to assist in the primary directive of the school. Your logic is flawed."

He steps foward to the group, his hand raised "Disengage all non-archived Students!"

There is a flash and you feel the same sensation as when you first entered the virtual reality, as your eyes flitter open you see all the students who were seniors save for Grey Knight still unconsious. The only those who were in the White room have awoken.

As sentinel floats above Claremont searching for some other clue to the direction that the red beast travelled he sees a green and metal shape fly up towards him on a collision course.
    "I AM BRAINIAC 12, SURRENDER OR BE EXTERMINATED!"
    Last edited by Raynn; 2010-04-19 at 01:03 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Grey-Knight stirred in his bed as the conversation escalated. He woke finding himself in the white room laying not far from the others and the large green mechano-BrainIaC.

He checked himself quietly and was encouraged to find all his gear was still on him. He dropped off the palate, quietly landing behind the table-like object. Just to see BrainIaC bust out of the room forming an impressive hole in the building.

Edit: okay my plan was a stealth check to not be noticed slipping off the bed on which i was unconscious. I'm a bit confused is the big ugly inside or outside?

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Shyftir; 2010-04-19 at 02:28 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

//Rebooting sensory input//Rebooting conciousness//Blackout//checking systems.
    Eiko blinks and waves her hand to check everything is functioning correctly and rise up from her bed. The roaring from outside indicates the BrainIac has already moved to intercept his target but this is off little concern to her for now. He was obeying his programing, she would obey her own, and her objective were clear.
    //Resuming_objective:Saving_senior_student.//calculatingodds/*........//Notgood.45/°faillure.Searching:best course_action//Action:Initiate:Thinly_veiled_as_strategic planning_recap

"The BrainIaC will probably have to be brought down if we are to liberate the senior students minds he has absorbed. We know his newly formed body is made of nanites. It is impossible to say what his exact capabilities will be, but it is probable we can expect somme of the following faculties: Regeneration, somme form of ranged direct attack and somme form of incorporeality. he will be probably iune to most thing affecting a normal human, We can asume his intelctual faculties are greater that what we faced upon now, so it is doubtfull he will fall for simple tricks. he willbe hard to take down. As a last ressort we can assume he will share the same weakness than collin and I for EMP fields. " she says at the attention of whoever else is awake in the room

"There may be somme other way than direct fighting. I do not know if he fuly tranfered into his new body and was interacting with it's mainframe from there or, at the opposite, is simply controling his body at distance, but his attention is currently diverted by the fight against the threat he mentioned earlier. I do not know if it is possible but if we can acess it's programing, we might get rid of that additional command that was introduced by the Cabal, he might be convinced to release them. If he is still tied to his mainframe, we may simply find a way to stop him or weaken him from here." As she say that she moves to the simulation control in order to find out what she can about the BrainIAC system from here.

Spoiler
    Show

in case anyone is wondering why Eiko is feeling the urge to recap just now:

If this was a comic, the picture of the brainIaC flying ominiosly int he dirrection of sentiane whie shouting "I AM BRAINIAC 12, SURRENDER OR BE EXTERMINATED!" would be the prefect ending for issue 3 (or 4, I'm not sure wich one were in.) and the next issue would start witht he students awaking.
    Eiko knows how the attention span of her readership and their soft human brains can dwindle in a week, and even more in a month, wich is why she make sure once in a while to bring everyone up to speed.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-04-19 at 03:57 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

What Eiko finds shocks her, the students are. . . Brain dead. . . he has downloaded their entire consiousness into himself and wiped their brains using nanites that are hybrids of Eiko and Collin's to keep them alive.

He burst out of a different part of the school, most likely the science wing where he would have accessed advanced fabrication machinery to build his new nanite body.

Eiko does learn though that the signal that caused the glitch was a safety program in the simulation, a recursive loop of that signal may be enough to stun BrainIaC or at least scare him off but Eiko would have to get to the Science wing across the campus to access a large enough transmitter.
    Loki Avatar by Me

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Eiko doesn't look particulary shocked or horrified as she share the information she found with her team. Could she be that cold ? Or she simply keeps her emotion for herself. Hard to tell with her.
    "I would like to say there is a good chance the process of concience tranfer is reversible. But I will not give any false hope, from what I know of human phisiology I deem it unlikely. Still, unless this possibility is completly ruled out, we must subdue the BrainIAc intact unless we wished to see them" she waves at the brain dead students "turned as this for the rest of their lives. They would be for all intent and purpose, dead."

After a small pause to let it sink in she continues
    "Activating the security program seems our best option, although that does mean crossing the campus undetected. Wisp kun dohai could do it but i don't know if he could carry the signal to the tower. we must assume the brainIaC can and will intercept most wireless transmitions
    I can think of way tocroos parts of the campus myself. a distraction will mostly beneeded at somme point."

"First thing, Hikaru dohai could you please create a force field to contain the victims ? I do not know the exact capabilities off those nanites beyond life support and wishes to take no risks." Last thing everyone need is superpowered brainIaC controlled zombies running around
    "Second, Wisp kun, using your stealth capacities, could you scout ahead to see what is the situation outside ?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Using mental shapeshift to get master plan. I think we can do with the bonuses.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-04-20 at 03:53 AM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Raynn View Post
    As sentinel floats above Claremont searching for some other clue to the direction that the red beast travelled he sees a green and metal shape fly up towards him on a collision course.
    "I AM BRAINIAC 12, SURRENDER OR BE EXTERMINATED!"
    "No. Why don't you surrender?" A certain sense of confidence flowed over Sentinel as stared down the strange metal shape. His hands glowed with raw power and his arms surged with strength. He held up one hand and pointed it at the strange object.

"Better yet, why don't you tell me what you are doing before I disintegrate you?"

Ok, if on some random chance that the BrainIaC decides to talk, Sentinel will listen. If it tries to flee or fight, he will blast it with a power beam.

Spoiler
    Show

(d20+4)[12]
    Damage equals 8.

Also, what does Assessment tell me about his abilities?
    Currently Playing:

23. - Top - End - #173

Hikaru is visibly shocked at the scene playing out, his eyes widening. He is even more shocked at Eiko's coldness.

AIs. Give me a rampaging monster any day.

Still, he appreciates the android's ability to take charge and nods at Eiko's request. He lifts his hand and surrounds the seniors with a forcefield as efficiently as he can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shifting all points in the Light Control array to Create Object and using that to create a solid barrier around the unconscious seniors in whatever pattern is most efficient.
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2010-04-19 at 09:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Halfling in the Playground

Collin stared numbly at Eiko as she related the information. He wouldn't let all those students die. He couldn't. He speaks up, "I...I have an idea for a distraction. His nanite body is partially based on me, right? So, lets hit him with an EMP. That shuts me down quickly, so odds are it would do something unpleasant, to him at least. It also wouldn't kill him just incapacitate him, giving us a chance to free the students."
    Last edited by Sinistral; 2010-04-19 at 10:14 PM.
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Matrix avatar

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

"Good. A temporary measure but that will keep them safe for now." Eiko nods at Hikaru.

She scanns the room for any possible surveillance device (cammera, mic) and short circuit them with electrecity, in case the BrainIac is capable to control the security system. Then she answers Collin
    "I have considered that option but there one smal problem: Unless you happen to conveniently carry small miniature nuclear device or a way to create a powerfull magnetic field on you, how do you intent to create an EMP field ? It is possible a solution could be found in the science wing or maybe within our own nanites, but even so, I would suggest to keep it as a last ressort for three reasons.
    First we do not know what damage it would do to him and more importantly toi the counciousnesses he is storring within him. Two it is probable he know about that particular weakness and he may have found a way to counter it. Three, unless we can direct it, such a field will cause general untold destruction on any electronical device around," More waving at the vegetable on the beds "even the nanites keeping them alive and... "
    she seems a little embarased as if confessing a desire for self preservation was something to be ashamed of "well us, wich I would rather avoid."

While speaking, after she's done securing the room, she starts to rumage around the room and through the comatose students belongings. Eiko is searching around for a USB key, a portable computer, a PDA or something of the like wich could be used to carry data around

Spoiler
    Show
    search check (1d20+15)[35].

After a PDA, she will download the security program in it (I assume she already uploaded it in herself) with few added lines to make it loop and so it can be used easily from any transmiter.

........Download:completed//Tactical_anayis:done//Preparing....
    "Collin dohai and I, can make our way through the canalisation to the science building. Wisp dohai may be able to stay undetected, wich is why he will be our contengency plan." she gives the aformentioned electronic device to Dan.
    "If something happens to me, try to make your way to the biggest emmiter you can find and upload that signal. Grey Knight senpai and Hikaru dohai will be our distraction and cover, acting as they see fit depending on the situation outside.
    That seems the best course of action to me. Does anyone has a better one ?"
    it's an honnest question, if someone has a better plan she'll gladly go allong with it.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-04-20 at 03:59 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Eiko:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have control of Colin until he can post regularly again.

Eiko finds a useable PDA as she searches the students.

BrainIaC shrugs off the attack with ease "Your Power Ring is almost depleted, you are a minor threat, you light is weak."

BrainIaC stops mid flight and raises both hands "Mine on the other hand is not."

A blast of green energy strikes Sentinel as his ring barks for him to claim its power.
    Spoiler
    Show
    DC 30 toughness save for Sentinel.
    Loki Avatar by Me

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I fail. There is no way I can make that. What happens?
    Currently Playing:

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll to see by how much? Or use the ring? Actually I'll go post the ring and battery's full stats now in the OoC
    Loki Avatar by Me

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Sentinel felt the blast wash over him like a wave of crackling energy. It hurt. Alot. For a moment, everything went black. It was calming, soothing, and cold. Sentinel started to close his eyes when he heard a sound.

Ba-Dump

What? Hello?

Ba-Dump

There was no answer, except for the strange beating sound.

Ba-Dump

What could the sound be?

Ba-Dump. Ba-Dump. Ba-Dump.

Suddenly, it hit him. A burst of light shone out from his chest. It was orange and warm.

I want to live. I want to thrive. I WANT IT ALL!

Sentinel closed his eyes and let the orange light swallow him.
    Last edited by Arq Kujos; 2010-04-20 at 05:30 PM.
    Currently Playing:

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

An Orange light burns like a sun where a moment before Sentinel floated. His armor reforms, righter, streamlined, black and orance. The symbol of the Orange Lantern burns on his chest.

As the light fades slightly BrainIaC can see the Battery tucked under the arm without the ring.

"Power Levels 100,000%"

"YOU WANT IT ALL!"

BrainIaC stops as his shot is dissipated and cast aside "Appropriate reponse: F***!"

Spoiler
    Show
    You now have full access to all Lantern powers.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2010-04-20 at 05:41 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me