New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I still think souls offed by Quincy or other Medium powers hould turn to furniture reishi - the particles that make up the spiritual world. After the initial dissipation caused by an attack, if the soul isn't eaten by Hollow or purified by Shinigami, it spends a while as a non-sentient being or force before returning to cycle of reincarnation.

I mean, it's not that horrible of a fate for people.
    Why can't the spiritual world simply be what it appears: an alternate plane of existence, made of different particles.

There's also the fact that the stuff in the spiritual world is pretty stable; you don't see a house disappear suddenly, with someone saying "whoops, I guess Bob hit the end of his time as reishi". Buildings stay where they are.

If you're doing this, just have them go to a "holding" state in some undefined location, and then they're back in the cycle having skipped Soul Society.

And I'd say being turned into the material to make a toilet for someone in the afterlife IS pretty horrible. Whether or not you're conscious of it.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    To this end she tries to exhibit a laser-like excellence in school to learn as much as she can about making good decisions, an aptitude for martial arts to keep herself fit, and has experimented with building a band of like-minded (including the spiritually aware when she spies them) students and vagabonds to do her dirty work for her.
    I don't know how I missed commenting on that. It sounds like a great plot hook and fun.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    @Callos: Yes, I'm biased against removing player powers. Is that a bad thing?
    I'm just pointing out that you have a dislike against abilities that remove people's powers or negates, even if that's all a character can do. I never said it was bad.

If someone wants to do a plot specifically to lose their powers, then I suppose it can come into play. And it might be a useful thing to do before sending someone to the Maggot's Nest or something similar. But otherwise, we shouldn't even worry about it, think about it, compare to it, etc.
    ...Wait...so...unless it's a specific plot, then losing someone's powers should never be discussed? Or is that more extreme then what you meant? Because it should, especially if someone loses their powers as the result of a last minute decision or the plot swings in that direction, if for no other reason then so it's a well-thought out idea. Someone asked about senka, so senka should be discussed and not...decided it should never be done.

What you call "bias" I admit to as my view. We shouldn't be able to remove player powers unless it's been explicitly planned by them, for quite a while, really.
    I disagree, on the basis that spur of the moment role-playing decisions usually have more emotion and depth to them and your view precludes such a thing. But, tis a difference of views and mine just doesn't match up in this regard, no foul here.

As for gaining powers back like Ichigo...I think that would only work with Substitute or Living Shinigami. Regular Shinigami dont' have a mortal body to get shoved out of to have the chain cut from. And any such healing method should be something discussed by the community; it's a bit of a game-changer, in many ways.
    Well...that's why I said Ichigo was an oddball. And his method would probably only work for substitutes considering Living Shinigami would have their own powers destroyed by that and wouldn't 'have a back-up' to put it oddly.

And, if you'll remember, Ichigo didn't have a chain either both of the times that Byakuya used/tried-to-use senka on him. Regular shinigami don't have the chain but senka is a technique specifically designed for dealing with shinigami so I must assume it works just fine on them.

And why would a specific healing method like that be a game changer? I'm...honestly perplexed by that one. It's not like a senka-victim gains an extreme burst of power when they are hit (aka Quincy Final Form) making them want to get hit with senka before or during a fight. It's, literally, just another injury. Just deeper then most others...so...how is being able to fix it a game-changer?

@nothingclever: >.> Er...yeah...that's kinda the reason why I included it and why I'm planning a mini-'delinquents vs. students'-arc for the beginning of the game for Michiko's heel-face-turn.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Why can't the spiritual world simply be what it appears: an alternate plane of existence, made of different particles.

There's also the fact that the stuff in the spiritual world is pretty stable; you don't see a house disappear suddenly, with someone saying "whoops, I guess Bob hit the end of his time as reishi". Buildings stay where they are.

If you're doing this, just have them go to a "holding" state in some undefined location, and then they're back in the cycle having skipped Soul Society.

And I'd say being turned into the material to make a toilet for someone in the afterlife IS pretty horrible. Whether or not you're conscious of it.
    How about empowered/hollwings/etc mortals could at some point be taught by a random shinigami character not to mess up the soul cycle and they pass this information on to others?
    @nothingclever: >.> Er...yeah...that's kinda the reason why I included it
    I know, I'm just complimenting you on it.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-03 at 11:26 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

First, yeah, mostly this is me just not liking things that remove powers.

My main point is that other options should be explored first for "I have no powers" plots. Not that it can never be done, but it just seems like something that shouldn't be the "first option". *Shrugs*

As for being a "game changer"....If there's not even a need for a complicated ritual like what Ichigo underwent, I fear this method of power loss getting closer to trivial, long term. "Oh, got my chain and soul sleep stabbed? No problem, 4th and 12th have vitamin supplement for that!". Just...I dunno. Can't fully explain it (my thoughts on the matter).

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

First, yeah, mostly this is me just not liking things that remove powers.

My main point is that other options should be explored first for "I have no powers" plots. Not that it can never be done, but it just seems like something that shouldn't be the "first option". *Shrugs*

As for being a "game changer"....If there's not even a need for a complicated ritual like what Ichigo underwent, I fear this method of power loss getting closer to trivial, long term. "Oh, got my chain and soul sleep stabbed? No problem, 4th and 12th have vitamin supplement for that!". Just...I dunno. Can't fully explain it (my thoughts on the matter).
    Oh god. I can totally see that happening in the current manga arc to... Gotta lot Kibo's sense of humor.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Banned

...So...I'm being ignored...again...

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by XtheYeti View Post
    ...So...I'm being ignored...again...
    On which part, XtheYeti?

I mean, we've got something like a half of a dozen different discussions going on at once. You'll need to specify where you feel ignored.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Er...It wasn't that complicated a ritual. He got his chain broken and only had three options. 1) Become a shinigami again. 2) Become a hollow. 3) None of the above, I'll become a vizard. You can obviously see which one he chose.

And I'm not saying it's something trivial either. "Oh, got my chain and soul sleep broken? No problem, I'll head over to 4th and 12th to spend a couple of weeks/months in painful rehab. If I survive long enough to get there." Remember, to perform senka you need to stab THROUGH a persons chest and lower chest/stomach area. Hell...Byakuya didn't even expect Ichigo to live after the senka hit. In other words, it makes one hell of a cool looking killing blow or could be used for power-loss plot as well.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    How about empowered/hollwings/etc mortals could at some point be taught by a random shinigami character not to mess up the soul cycle and they pass this information on to others?
    You mean like Kasanip's shrine characters?

11. - Top - End - #71
    Banned

I asked for more input on the whole concept of what could happen when Nick kills a Hollow. Assuming he doesn't eat it. That is what i am being ignored on. Also, does anyone have anything to say on Nick in general?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

On the first post, point.

On the second...hm. That's something for Kasanip to answer, really. Especially considering the shrine characters are taking the neutral stance on things. Again. Up to her.

13. - Top - End - #73

I asked for more input on the whole concept of what could happen when Nick kills a Hollow. Assuming he doesn't eat it. That is what i am being ignored on. Also, does anyone have anything to say on Nick in general?
    We discussed that dear. It turned into "Should we allow Soul-Sleep to be broken?"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

That's what we've been discussing, we've just generalized it a bit. The question is "what happens if it's not explicitly purified exactly like a Shinigami, or eaten by a Hollow or similar creature?".

A few different things have been proposed.

As for Nick in general...I do think he seems to kind of cross over a bit between Hollowing and Living Vizard. Since the focus seems to be his arms and the whole "really kind of a half-hollow" thing, might I recommend a bit of a change? He can eventually manifest the mask, and it does boost things...but he can't just take it on and off. It's linked by a few bits of "armor" to his arms. He can move his head fine, it's flexible armor. But he can't take the mask off. He literally has to "power down" some and de-manifest it. Kind of like how Chad seems to be able to switch between the forms of his arms somewhat. So it's still an upgrade, but it reflects the fact that it's a transformation, and not just a mask. Really, de-manifesting it works almost like taking it off in a "mechanical" sense, but the flavor feels more appropriate to a Hollowing like Nick.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

You mean like Kasanip's shrine characters?
    Brilliant idea old bean! Then it doesn't sound weird if Nick's hollow powers can be made to avoid hurting the souls of the enemies he kills or any mortal's powers for that matter.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-03 at 11:43 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    We discussed that dear. It turned into "Should we allow Soul-Sleep to be broken?"
    Yeah, but I wants to get back to the point at hand... So, anyone want to say anything about Nick?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(Double Post of Doom)

Terry, not only is your post needlessly condescending, it's incorrect. XtheYeti isn't asking about the Soul-Sleep discussion.

He's asking what happens when a Hollow is killed by Nicke with Cero, arm spikes, etc.

As well as asking for general input on his character.

Calling her "dear" and putting the "" at the end was something you should have avoided doing.

Edit:
    Yeah, but I wants to get back to the point at hand... So, anyone want to say anything about Nick?
    *Points*
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-04-03 at 11:46 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Banned

As for Nick in general...I do think he seems to kind of cross over a bit between Hollowing and Living Vizard. Since the focus seems to be his arms and the whole "really kind of a half-hollow" thing, might I recommend a bit of a change? He can eventually manifest the mask, and it does boost things...but he can't just take it on and off. It's linked by a few bits of "armor" to his arms. He can move his head fine, it's flexible armor. But he can't take the mask off. He literally has to "power down" some and de-manifest it. Kind of like how Chad seems to be able to switch between the forms of his arms somewhat. So it's still an upgrade, but it reflects the fact that it's a transformation, and not just a mask. Really, de-manifesting it works almost like taking it off in a "mechanical" sense, but the flavor feels more appropriate to a Hollowing like Nick.
    Ooo!!!! I like that Idea! That sounds like a great plan!

Oh, and by the way. I'm a guy...the Avatar, like it says in my sig, is of one of my characters...
    Last edited by XtheYeti; 2010-04-03 at 11:46 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ooo!!!! I like that Idea! That sounds like a great plan!

Oh, and by the way. I'm a guy...the Avatar, like it says in my sig, is of one of my characters...
    ...I am so, so sorry.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Well I suggest a shinigami or maybe Kasanip's character or someone teaches him how to purify the souls.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-03 at 11:46 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81

(Double Post of Doom)

Terry, not only is your post needlessly condescending, it's incorrect. XtheYeti isn't asking about the Soul-Sleep discussion.

She's asking what happens when a Hollow is killed by Nicke with Cero, arm spikes, etc.

As well as asking for general input on her character.

Calling her "dear" and putting the "" at the end was something you should have avoided doing.
    But you see, when I do it, I'm not trying to be condescending. When I do it, I'm merely exploitating the pretty looking smiley.

Besides that we did turn his character into the Soul-Sleep thing. :>
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-04-03 at 11:47 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

wink Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 2

@KD: I think your worry about Senka is same sort of "selective blindness" as Sucroses worry about hurricanes. Just like ordinary ceros are perfectly viable for leveling cities, there are ways for characters to permanently impair others that don't require anything special - fractured spines, lost limbs and brain damage are all possibilities, and not trivial to many characters.

As others have pointed out, this is a community effort and all injuries are contingent on mutual agreement. Senka is nothing special in this regard - it's just one thing more on a list that's already very long.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Banned

...I am so, so sorry.
    That mistake has been made several times...

24. - Top - End - #84

@KD: I think your worry about Senka is same sort of "selective blindness" as Sucroses worry about hurricanes. Just like ordinary ceros are perfectly viable for leveling cities, there are ways for characters to permanently impair others that don't require anything special - fractured spines, lost limbs and brain damage are all possibilities, and not trivial to many characters.

As others have pointed out, this is a community effort and all injuries are contingent on mutual agreement. Senka is nothing special in this regard - it's just one thing more on a list that's already very long.
    But you're forgetting we need the godly-Sue-Orihime expy character!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Well I suggest a shinigami or maybe Kasanip's character or someone teaches him how to purify the souls.
    umm...I don't really want Nick to purify souls...I want the same thing to happen to them as would if they were killed by a Hollow. Cause it makes no sense for Nick to Purify souls. He's not a Shinigami, he's a Hollowing...sorta...

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

But you see, when I do it, I'm not trying to be condescending. When I do it, I'm merely exploitating the pretty looking smiley.

Besides that we did turn his character into the Soul-Sleep thing. :>
    First, X is a guy. As he pointed out.
    Second, doesn't matter what you were "trying" to do. It reads as condescending.

And your second statement makes less than 0 sense.

As Callos said, I've got a twitch against anything that summarily robs characters of powers. And you'll note I somewhat conceded this twitch reaction, and re-emphasized it should be about plot, and not specifically "I can hit the senka!".

@XtheYeti: Nonetheless, I apologize.

...It might help if you indicate gender in your profile. >.>

27. - Top - End - #87

Very well. X, I apologize for my condescending post.

Now that I think about, it does make less than zero sense. Damn.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Banned

...It might help if you indicate gender in your profile. >.>
    But I don wanna. Sides, my gender shouldn't really matter. It's irrelevant.

Anyways. Anyone else have any suggestions for me?

It's all good T. But next time, a different smiley might be a good idea.
    Last edited by XtheYeti; 2010-04-03 at 11:54 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

But you're forgetting we need the godly-Sue-Orihime expy character!
    We have one of those currently. Powers are broken as hell. Anyone who wants an expy of Orihime should go for a Staff Chick, as Callos already has Barrier Warrior covered.

On hollows killing (but not eating) hollows (without using an arrancar zanpakutou anyway). I say they get shot but scrambled into the cycle of resurrection, and turn into blanks, it is a funny possibility.

Or perhaps the hollow just disperses and reforms into a new hollow elsewhere in the world, as if it had just turned into a new hollow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

...It's relevant for me to use the right pronouns. Beyond that it doesn't matter, you're correct.

umm...I don't really want Nick to purify souls...I want the same thing to happen to them as would if they were killed by a Hollow. Cause it makes no sense for Nick to Purify souls. He's not a Shinigami, he's a Hollowing...sorta...
    It's merely a suggestion. Certainly Nick's friends might ask why he doesn't want to do that.

Of course, Kaito's powers can't purify at all. He can just move things with his mind.

So I guess both of us kind of need an answer.

My proposal was for the souls to either get set to "delay" on rebirth, skipping Soul Society, or sent directly to be reborn (considering there are a couple hundred thousand people born every day, this shouldn't be a huge impact on that) as a human baby somewhere (well, probably as a newly-formed fetal soul, or some such, but that's probably too technical and such).