New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,483 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Kina can't save anyone, at least not until a bit of time into the game when she's actually revealed to friends that she has power beyond "I can see spirits and hollows."
    This reminds of something I wanted to ask. Maybe the answer to this question is already obvious but are us mortals players safe to assume we can sense each other's spiritual uniqueness by default or would we have to purposely make our presences known to each other as supernatural beings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    Horn, it is 11:30 PM right now.
    Are you in the terrifying tundra that is Canada too? I have a feeling you're in the US but I could be pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-20 at 10:14 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    This reminds of something I wanted to ask. Maybe the answer to this question is already obvious but are us mortals players safe to assume we can sense each other's spiritual uniqueness by default or would we have to purposely make our presences known to each other as supernatural beings?
    As in, can the other "spiritually aware" students sense the powers of other students? I'd lean towards "no", at least for right now.
    I mean, Kaito can only just see spirits right now. I need to figure out a "catalyst" for him to gain his telekinesis.

An easy alternative to "I don't want to deal with timezone issues" is to just not become a Vizard. There should be less of them anyways.

I'm not saying it should be an absolute requirement, but it should be highly considered in every case. There are lots of people playing this game, so it's likely enough that you can co-ordinate if you want, and if you can't then don't. Besides the fact that the whole point of the Inner Hollow moots the point about not interacting with anyone else, as you shouldn't be doing that when you're solving your Inner Hollow problem anyways.
    What about the fight for control? On the outside, the Vizard is fighting another character, while on the inside, they're fighting themselves.

Or what if they're just splitting attention, and engaging in pure internal dialogue, while also talking to someone else on the outside?

If the Inner Hollow is going to show up enough times for it to matter that someone else plays it, this issue comes up.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

I will be honest, I was under the impression that there were only three types of "spiritual pressure" that could be sensed: Shinigami, Hollow, and Human. Unless you knew someone specifically, they would feel generally the same as everyone else of their spiritual type. So, while you might be aware that Kina has spiritual ability, you wouldn't be able to tell what that entails. She could have spiritual ability of Tasuki in canon (who basically can only see spirits) or she could have ability of Ichigo. That you can only tell by the strength of the pressure, which in Kina's case is pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    What about the fight for control? On the outside, the Vizard is fighting another character, while on the inside, they're fighting themselves.

Or what if they're just splitting attention, and engaging in pure internal dialogue, while also talking to someone else on the outside?

If the Inner Hollow is going to show up enough times for it to matter that someone else plays it, this issue comes up.
    1. We don't have to necessarily have it happen that way. And honestly, how is this different from a fight that involves 3 people posting? We do those all the time, I fail to see the huge issue posed here.

2. They're impressive mentally. I don't know most people that could handle something like this well. Also, I don't think the Inner Hollow is a character if they're just a voice. They're only a character if they're a character with physical appearance to me. If you're having an inner monologue, unless you're actually in your internal spiritual world there isn't really much Inner Hollow.

Also, why are we even arguing? I'm agreeing with you. I'm just saying it should be highly considered.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-04-20 at 10:18 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ettin in the Playground

I am now calling the closure of our Votation for the illustrious governing body of the Seireitei. The Central 46.

{table]Name|Number of Votes
    Callos deTerran|19
    Frozen Feet|10
    Sucrose|10
    Kasanip|12
    Zarah|15
    Knight Disciple|3[/table]

This is the final tally. The three bolded names will be our councilors, if we go with only 3 members. The two italic names will also be added if we go with 5 members. And Knight is there for us to point and laugh that he was so far behind in the voting.

Then again he did mention he would decline once or twice.

Well. I will point and laugh anyway.

*points and laughs*

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Orc in the Playground

No one who acquires an Inner Hollow during gameplay is allowed to play as their own character's Inner Hollow.
    I think if it's not mandated you better have a damn good reason why not to try it, besides "It's easier to do it this other way," because this is a story, and as cool as getting more power is, having a good story and plot is better.
    An easy alternative to "I don't want to deal with timezone issues" is to just not become a Vizard. There should be less of them anyways.
    This might be it.

Minor nitpick: Why must we always consider disagreements between players "arguments"? It's not like we're all at each others throats.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

I dunno. When certain people post, the tone I get makes me feel like it's an argument, even when it's not. I do it sometimes, too.

In any case, hopefully I made my idea clear enough that it functions. Apologizes for getting strangely defensive. The coffee I had today may explain some part of it.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

I will be honest, I was under the impression that there were only three types of "spiritual pressure" that could be sensed: Shinigami, Hollow, and Human. Unless you knew someone specifically, they would feel generally the same as everyone else of their spiritual type. So, while you might be aware that Kina has spiritual ability, you wouldn't be able to tell what that entails. She could have spiritual ability of Tasuki in canon (who basically can only see spirits) or she could have ability of Ichigo. That you can only tell by the strength of the pressure, which in Kina's case is pretty low.
    All I meant was would we be able to tell that X person is different from the norm, not their type or level of power. I think Hollows seemed to notice in canon when they attacked Ichigo's sister(s)/friends. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-20 at 10:59 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, yes, I'm pretty sure you can tell the difference between "normal human" and "spiritually aware" human. It's like how everyone can tell that Ichigo is stronger than all his friends; it's possible to detect the strength of someone's spiritual pressure.

Sorry for misunderstanding.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-04-20 at 11:01 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ettin in the Playground

Canon has plenty of evidence that leads me to believe that spiritual pressure is like a fingerprint. While, yes, you can split them between shinigami, hollow and human (and hybrid), they also have distinctions between each other that allow, specialy when the person is overexherting herself, for the invididual reiatsus to be discerned and associated with their owners.

TL,DR: You can tell, from reiatsu, wheter the powers of an unknown individual are of human nature (Quincy, Bount, Medium[which we call Spiritual Anomaly for whatever reason]), shinigami (Shinigami and Substitute), Hollow (Hollow, Hollowing, Arrancar, Living Arrancar, Living Vizard) or Hybrid (Vizard [both types] Artificial Arrancar).

But when dealing with people you now, you can discern their personal reiatsus.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

Right. But from my understanding, if you meet a spiritually-powerful Human, unless you know them you don't know whether they're a Quincy, a Bount, or something else.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ettin in the Playground

That should be about right.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ogre in the Playground

I just wanted to ask because I figured it'd be pretty weird if we all just happen upon each other as we use our powers or gravitate towards each other conveniently without reason. Ooh, new thread time.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-20 at 11:14 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Firbolg in the Playground

My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.