New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTitp - Part Six

Quote Originally Posted by Dvandemon View Post
    I don't know what to say for myself, I fantasize about guys and girls, but I don't really want to get into bed with a guy. Does that make me bi?
    I'd say it makes you "open to many interesting possibilities". XD
    "Whoever said 'nothing is impossible' never tried slamming a revolving door."

Yuu Kanda avatar by Jacklu! =)

2. - Top - End - #932
    Colossus in the Playground

Doggywoggy: Pfffft.

(yeah, I know, I haven't updated it in forever...)

Meh, fantasies don't really mean much. If you would want to actually experience those fantasies? Maybe. But even then, experimentation/fooling around doesn't necessarily = sexuality.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Doggywoggy: Pfffft.
    I thought of that graph too, but there's lots missing. Being more attracted to mental/physical, lots of people involved in sex/few people involved. ET CETERA.

Also, Doggywoggy? At least it's better than "Doggy Style"...
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

4. - Top - End - #934

Meh, I'd count those more as "personal preference". "Sex you're attracted to" and "how much you want sex" are more... in-built.

5. - Top - End - #935

Meh, I'd count those more as "personal preference". "Sex you're attracted to" and "how much you want sex" are more... in-built.
    At least the mental/physical one is in-built. I shall concede my lots of people/few people point though 'cause I was straining for another example. Shush.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

6. - Top - End - #936

It might, arguably, be similarly built-in, but it's also extremely complicated and would be even less chartable than the ones I already charted. For example: for me, appearance means the most to me to start with. Even in that, I'm more interested in "interesting-looking" than "good-looking". However, not only is personality/mental attributes by far the deal-breaker for me, but it can affect how I see their physical form (i.e. people I like start looking more attractive, people I don't less). Then there's other extremes, where a truly exemplary personality can go a long way towards counteracting bad looks, and (to a lesser extent), vice-versa.
    Etc. etc. so on and so forth.

7. - Top - End - #937

Hence the requirement of more axes than actually exist.

You cannot argue with me on this front. I draw graphs all the time. For fun.
    BANG → !

8. - Top - End - #938

It would be literally impossible to design a chart just for mental/physical attraction, because it doesn't have anything close to a linear gradient. You could as well try to chart... I dunno... the diets of all the animals in the world. Yeah, you can't. So what?

Next question: Why does this annoy me so much?

edit: Regarding your last bit, so do I. Point being?
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2010-05-27 at 08:46 AM.

9. - Top - End - #939

It would be literally impossible to design a chart just for mental/physical attraction, because it doesn't have anything close to a linear gradient. You could as well try to chart... I dunno... the diets of all the animals in the world. Yeah, you can't. So what?
    'twas just a little comparison that I thought would be funny. I think you may be doing what's known as "over-analysing"

edit: Regarding your last bit, so do I. Point being?
    Point being we should totally start a club!

So uh, on a completely different note, how 'bout those attractive [members of preferred sex] then?
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-05-27 at 08:52 AM.
    BANG → !

10. - Top - End - #940

Tch, you started it.

Indeed we should!

They are indeed attractive.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Orc in the Playground

I think I once again completely lost track of what was being said.
    I blame my short attention span and the ginormous quantity of work I have yet to complete for university exams.

On a different note, my mother finally cooled down about me being bisexual. And genderqueer. (Though she still isn't sure what that means).
    Yay me.

12. - Top - End - #942

Meh, nothin' of consequence.
    Yay you!

13. - Top - End - #943
    Dwarf in the Playground

(yeah, I know, I haven't updated it in forever...)
    Care to throw in one more? X:2 Y:6.

And putting enjoyment and interest in one point was difficult for me to average, enjoyment would be higher than interest, but I think that evens it out. Although you've already discussed the many ways that the graph could be complicated.

Anyone got any good crush stories in the theme of the thread? It's a theme of the moment for me, and sometimes they can be fun to share, mine will appear post-sleeps.
    Last edited by GallóglachMaxim; 2010-05-27 at 09:33 AM.
    My avatar? Why it's the brilliant work of Miss Nobody.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by albis View Post
    I think I once again completely lost track of what was being said.
    I blame my short attention span and the ginormous quantity of work I have yet to complete for university exams.

On a different note, my mother finally cooled down about me being bisexual. And genderqueer. (Though she still isn't sure what that means).
    Yay me.
    <Gives you a congratulatory cookie and glass of strawberry milk> Yay you!
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Sexuality is such a varied thing that to plot it on a graph you'd need at least five more dimensions than actually exist.
    May I sig that?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by albis View Post
    Yay me.
    Yay you!

My mother once even told me that she really wouldn't have a problem with one of her kids being gay (kind of funny, my father is very liberal politically and is the first to fight for individual rights and everything, while at the same time, personally, he has a very conservative mindset over all things gender or sexuality related, strange combination), but that she didn't really understand bisexuality, and I didn't want to press the issue because I've been in a happy relationship with my girlfriend for more than 7 years now, so no reason to tell her what she doesn't have to know.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    <Gives you a congratulatory cookie and glass of strawberry milk> Yay you!
    Yay cookies! *noms*

18. - Top - End - #948
    Troll in the Playground

So, I think I might be on the verge of writing a story that focuses on an anonymous narrator that represents me - a story about TG feelings and those of inadequacy and fear.

This all springs from a story in the local college's poems and stories collection. As soon as I noticed the hints that the protagonist was lesbian, I could almost immediately see how the story progressed. The sad thing is, every other "story" I've read in this collection regarding any kind of LGBT subject seems to follow the exact same story progression. Discovery -> Happiness -> Violence -> Getting Over It. I kind of want to do something OUTSIDE of that... more of Discovery -> Fear -> More Fear -> Triumph. One that doesn't quite include the word "rape" or "beaten and tortured" halfway through the story.

Am I stretching it? Or is this just more of the same? I sort of feel like if I write something like this, people just won't..."get it".
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2010-05-27 at 10:48 AM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

19. - Top - End - #949

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    May I sig that?
    Sure thing.
    BANG → !

20. - Top - End - #950
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks!
    Also, that sounds good to me, Derjuin.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hence the requirement of more axes than actually exist.
    I doubt the problem could be solved simply by adding any number of axes. In the end, we would still be dealing with entirely subjective notions that each represents a different extremely complex and inherently undecipherable blend of desires, experiences, feelings, choices, perceptions, opinions, and plain dumb randomness ; there would simply be more of them.

This might be oh-so-slightly off topic, but, knowing how deep, how intricate, how ineluctable are all the infinite things that should keep us literally estranged from each other... I'm constantly amazed by the incredible capacity we have as humans beings to relate to each other. And the most stunning part of it is that I usually find this empathic capacity at its strongest, not between members of a same "hive-minded" group, but among those who celebrate human nature in all its diversity. Among those who are connected to each other, not by their difference, but by their differences. And for this, you all deserve a lifetime supply of huggles.
    Last edited by Murdim; 2010-05-27 at 11:58 AM.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, Doggywoggy? At least it's better than "Doggy Style"...
    Then you're doing it wrong, evidently.

Derjuin, you might want to try I'm From Driftwood if you want to scrawl an autobiographical thing - not quite the same, but I'm plugging the site 'cause mine got put up on there last week.
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

23. - Top - End - #953

Quote Originally Posted by Murdim View Post
    I doubt the problem could be solved simply by adding any number of axes. In the end, we would still be dealing with entirely subjective notions that each represents a different extremely complex and inherently undecipherable blend of desires, experiences, feelings, choices, perceptions, opinions, and plain dumb randomness ; there would simply be more of them.
    I bet my infinite number of monkeys could do it. Once they're done with the Shakespeare, I'll give 'em some graph paper and see what turns up.
    BANG → !

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murdim View Post

This might be oh-so-slightly off topic, but, knowing how deep, how intricate, how ineluctable are all the infinite things that should keep us literally estranged from each other... I'm constantly amazed by the incredible capacity we have as humans beings to relate to each other. And the most stunning part of it is that I usually find this empathic capacity at its strongest, not between members of a same "hive-minded" group, but among those who celebrate human nature in all its diversity. Among those who are connected to each other, not by their difference, but by their differences. And for this, you all deserve a lifetime supply of huggles.
    Relevant.

You shame me, sir. Not enough that I'm going to stop referring to humans as lower life forms barely deserving of the "life" part, but nonetheless.

I kid. I like you all. Except you. You know who you are, and what you did.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, come on, that was months ago.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, come on, that was months ago.
    It was my cat. You cannot do that to my cat, especially not with an electric toothbrush and a quart of pastry cream, and expect forgiveness in just a couple of months. Every time I go to brush my teeth, she goes and hides in the attic now. *I* needed weeks of therapy. And I can only pray that she'll someday stop going catatonic at the sight of seagulls.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #957
    Titan in the Playground

Oh come on, you have to admit is was funny!

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

Oh come on, you have to admit is was funny!
    Oh, I have to, do I?

Fine. I'll admit it was funny if you post a video of someone in a cat suit doing the same to you, and not a moment before.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #959
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    The sad thing is, every other "story" I've read in this collection regarding any kind of LGBT subject seems to follow the exact same story progression. Discovery -> Happiness -> Violence -> Getting Over It. I kind of want to do something OUTSIDE of that... more of Discovery -> Fear -> More Fear -> Triumph.
    That's not really suprising. Until very recently in the history of western civilization, it was mostly unthinkable to write a book which depicts a nontraditional sexual behavior of any kind in an unambiguously positive light. If you ever wanted to make a sympathetic "deviant" character, you had to make something horrible happen to him, so that you don't give the impression to condone and encourage that behavior, however harmless it may be. Coincidentally, it makes good drama ; which might explain why even today, people seem so reluctant to stray away from this outline.

Also, if it can help, I'd say that the quest for self-discovery and self-acceptance is sometimes less about triumphs, and more about changes of paradigm... for the better.

I bet my infinite number of monkeys could do it. Once they're done with the Shakespeare, I'll give 'em some graph paper and see what turns up.
    We're talking about monkeys... with axes ?

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #960
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey, I am the ranting anynomous(sp) person few pages ago. Finally decided to just register and be myself just once

Almost got a heartattack yesterday. I was browsing this thread when I felt thirsty and left to get a drink. When I enter the kitchen I hear mum walking towards my room and shouting that she will check the e-mail. I must have made my own speed record in running back to my room and closing mozilla before she saw this thread