New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 3.5, E6] The Colony at Gaunche [IC]

Ranier

"No," says Ranier, standing above it and surprisingly proud of himself. "I just knocked him out. Does anyone have any way to tie him up? If we can gag it, too..."

He bends to inspect the body breathing shallowly at his feet.

"Is it human?" he asks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Can he tell? Is there a check to be made?
    DON'T PANIC
    (Arthur Avatar by the Losar.)

GO BLUE

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Thurstan

"I've got rope." Said Thurstan, as he approached, having finally conquered his shivers. Reaching into the saddlebags on his mule, Thurstan withdrew a large coil of rope. "I'm not good at knots, though."
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBoundFencer
    NOBODY POST I AM HUGGING AN INFERNAL

3. - Top - End - #273

"If no one here has the knowledge, we will see if Tuskhunter has the skill." He turns to Ranier. "But let us not be forgetting. If this is not the one we seek, Tuskhunter takes his hand. No creature magics this one. Perhaps it will be done with him surviving. Blackglass is sharp, sharper than the little knives your Impiyur kirurjin use. If he loses the hand, perhaps he learns."

Spoiler
    Show
    High Dex mod, but no ranks.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

4. - Top - End - #274

Ranier

"I don't think it is the one... I think we're too far off. But if he is irreconcilably hostile, we will kill him, and then you can do what you want with the corpse."

Spoiler
    Show
    We're not close to where we should be finding this thing, are we?
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

5. - Top - End - #275

Satisfied with Ranier's answer, Tuskhunter took the rope and did his best to ensure the caster would not be moving upon awakening.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[20] Dex roll for Use Rope.
    Last edited by Maeglin_Dubh; 2010-07-11 at 11:15 AM.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Firbolg in the Playground

After a while, the wretch woke up. He struggled against the bonds. "Untie me!" he shouts, his voice raspy with disuse.
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Orgnal

"Why would we untie you, you piece of filth? What're you even doing all the way out here?" Orgnal seems to have regained some of his former mirth.
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

8. - Top - End - #278

Tuskhunter wanders about the perimeter of the little group, peering out into the surrounding storm. He has little more to say until he claims his trophy, and he has no desire for the group to be caught unawares.
    -\==/-

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279

Ranier

Ranier has drawn his sword again, and stands with it over the captive as Orgnal begins the questioning.

Spoiler
    Show
    Can I get a yes/no on whether we're close to where the journal said the creature should be?
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

10. - Top - End - #280

You're close, within a mile.

"What're you doing?" he asks in response. "I was here first!"
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Barbarian in the Playground

Steelheart

"You shall be untied in due time. The time of your arrival is none of our concern. This demonstration of conflict has you entirely at fault and unless you redeem yourself there will be no other option but to execute punishment. Surrender yourself and state your reason for your attack."
    Last edited by Darwin; 2010-07-14 at 07:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SanguinePenguin View Post
    I am just saying that Nam seems crazy to Kohl even by violent, homeless, grave-robbing arsonist with a death wish standards.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

Orgnal

"You also attacked us first! I don't know what you did, but we all felt it. Now answer the question if you ever want to see your hands again; why are you at this location?" Orgnal has definitely recovered.
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

13. - Top - End - #283

"I was here first!" he says, as if he needs no more excuse to attack. He seems confused at Orgnal's question, and doesn't answer.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Thurstan

"Listen, you." Thurstan said, pressing the tip of his greatsword against the man's throat. "I don't care if you were here first. You attacked us with intent to kill us, and I'm willing to bet you've done this before. So you either tell us what we want to know, or we kill you. Your choice."

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate - (1d20+5)[10]

15. - Top - End - #285

The man looks slightly unnerved at Thurstan's threat, but he remains tight-lipped. After a moment of consideration, he says carefully and tersely, "What?" inviting you to ask him any questions he hasn't answered.

16. - Top - End - #286

Steelheart

Quietly Steelheart whispers to Thurstan in a concerned voice. "I do not believe we are at liberty to kill the man Weaver, the colony would probaly prefer that we return him alive"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm well aware that Thurstan could be making empty threats. Steelheart however, isn't. I'm just letting his naive nature shine through
    I am just saying that Nam seems crazy to Kohl even by violent, homeless, grave-robbing arsonist with a death wish standards.

17. - Top - End - #287

Ranier

Ranier is confused by the man's -- creature's? -- responses. He was here first... does he not understand our questions, or is that an actual response?

"Do you attack anyone you come across?" he asks loudly.
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

18. - Top - End - #288

The man shakes his head. "Only if they come here."

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Thurstan

"While the colony may prefer to have this man alive, they're not here right now, so I don't particularly care what they want." Thurstan said to Steelheart, just loud enough for everyone to hear, before continuing in a much quieter whisper. "Besides, I'm just blowing smoke. I don't like killing unless I have to."

Turning back to face the captive, Thurstan resumed his glowering. "Let's rephrase that. Have you attacked anyone else who came here before us? And if so, why?"
    Last edited by senrath; 2010-07-15 at 11:19 AM.

20. - Top - End - #290

The man grins. "Orcs. Goblins. Anyone who walks on my land." His grin fades. "Now untie me!"

21. - Top - End - #291

"We have already denied that request, repetition is futile." Steelheart exclaims in a somewhat annoyed voice. "Your complaints will be heard when we arrive back in Vinganca. Now cease resisting and answer our questions."

22. - Top - End - #292

Ranier

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen," Ranier reiterates, though it's a tossup whether it understands him or Steelheart better. "So you behave like a feral dog, then, is that it? Attack anyone who passes through what you call your land? Why shouldn't I just kill you, then, like I would a dog, and say that it's our land now?"
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

23. - Top - End - #293

"Tuskhunter understands you. It is so, that a man must make his land safe." Tuskhunter slowly turns his attention to the man lying bound on the ground, and makes small motions with his hands to indicate that the others should give him and the man some room.

"These others, they do not know why you would want to own this land. There is nothing here - no holes in the ground full of pig-iron, no piles of their precious gold. The trees are even boring by common standards... the Impiyur like fancier woods. But if this is your land, whyever you should want it, then you should be convincing us of that, and giving us the why. Otherwise, these kind and gentle Impiyur will be leaving you with me, and if you know these marks," here he thumps the crest on his armor, "then you know what we think of magic, and what Tuskhunter will do to you for trying to put your magic on him."
    -\==/-

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294

The wretched man smiles. "I need a home. This is as good a place as any."

25. - Top - End - #295

"So then, we shall see what the Impiyur think of your story, and whether or not they want to let this one kill you."
    Last edited by Maeglin_Dubh; 2010-07-18 at 12:08 PM.
    -\==/-

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296

The man shakes his head violently and disappears from your sight.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

Orgnal

"No! Where has he gone?" Orgnal rushes over to where the man was, trying to feel about for an illusion or the like.
    Fluff | Crunch

28. - Top - End - #298

Had sort of been hoping for an answer to the OOC question.

Ranier

"Get him!" Ranier hisses, stabbing his sword into the ground where the man was a moment ago.
    DON'T PANIC

GO BLUE

29. - Top - End - #299

Tuskhunter stood very still, looking about in the wet bracken for any signs of disturbance, listening for the sounds of movement.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot - (1d20+3)[15]
    Listen - (1d20+3)[15]
    -\==/-

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300

The man remains undiscovered. It is getting late--time to decide whether to make camp, or set out in search of your invisible foe.