New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [ACRO] Crazy Ol Magtok's Battle Arena of Terror! (COMBAT! I)

Lightning bolt! Oh no!

Um, Ba'al just kinda jumps up and out of the way, and then keeps going up, yay for flight powers! He stops at about head height for the carnifex and grins at it. "As long as I stay up here, your little explodey things can't get me. Come on, you great lumbering monster, you're gonna have to come and get me yourself!" Ba'al makes a note of the apparent regeneration ability. Obviously he's just gonna have to hit it hard and fast...
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Carl does what comes naturally and tries to have a calm, well-to-do conversation about civilizied subjects like tea and brunch. Unfortunately it seems Ba'al is generally considered lunch, and the carnifex doesn't talk in anything but roars, screeches and clicks. ...And acidic spittle. It takes a swipe with a closed claw, like a massive smashing ball. It follows up by spraying more worms, even during the swing and afterwards if Ba'al fails to become a shattered husk of a person.

During which the spores bob and weave under the demigod, another one rolling down the carnifex's back...
    Last edited by EleventhHour; 2010-05-03 at 07:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

3. - Top - End - #213

Well, Ba'al had been hoping that Carl would actually try and eat him, that way he would've been close enough to try something like stabbing the beast in the brain.

The claws are going to make it awkward to get close as well...

So Ba'al suddenly drops, falling to the floor. Well, he slows himself down a bit once he's near the floor, darting forwards at the last moment to make sure he doesn't land right on top of the spores. A blood red shield shimmers into existence on his other arm, and he uses it to keep the spray of worms off him as he runs towards Carl's leg.

And yes, I'm afraid that since this is his own personal shield, it's damn hard to break. The worms that strike the shield knock him about a bit and keep him off balance, slowing him down, but they're not doing much to the shield itself.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

4. - Top - End - #214

Carl, is of course a lumbering brute, and has none of the finess, speed or anything else that most smaller opponents have. The things it does have, are strength, incredible toughness and a hell ton lot of weight. That it tries to bodyslam Ba'al with, instead of bothering trying to manuever around. It does make it look like a fourteen foot pillbug ball of carapace and exoskeleton. And then it ROARS angrily on the way down.
    Last edited by EleventhHour; 2010-05-05 at 08:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215

Well that's not good.

Ba'al would rather not be squished, all things considered, since, well, he'd lose the fight. "Clever beastie, forcing me to use my powers..." A click of fingers and he explodes, reappearing just above Carl. He drops down, attempting to land on his back and plunge the sword in.

Well, it's been crackling for a little while now, it's about time he actually managed to his opponent with the damn thing!

6. - Top - End - #216

And another jab into Carl's back. The sword probably draws a nice stab-hole straight in, and as the carnifex flexes out, the hole will wiggle longer if Ba'al leaves the sword in... But on the downside for Ba'al, one of the spores rise up right next to him, and has an angry hiss, a warning just before exploding... Meanwhile, Carl is getting back onto his feet, maybe preparing some new trick?
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217

Ack, spore, not good! Ba'al spins round, tearing his sword out of Carl's back and bringing round the shield to block...

Well, the shield isn't exactly big enough to deal with the whole explosion, but it does help a bit. However Ba'al is still sent flying backwards, landing awkwardly with one leg buckling beneath him. He tries to stand, but falls, apparently unable to put much weight on his left leg...

8. - Top - End - #218

Oh hey, there the little man is! And with a series of chitters, the carnifex begins to barrel forward, head lowered and spines raised as it lumbers forward building up speed like a juggernaught of chitin. Worms spray, and blue light begins to build up between it's jaws, again...

And the five or six spores that are around bob aimlessly, since that's what they do!
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219

"Ah, sonova-" Ba'al's cursing is interrupted as yet more worms are fired at him and quickly rolls out of the way, using his shield to block any shots that get too near him.

Ba'al still doesn't seem to be able to stand at the moment, and he isn't exactly being given much of a chance to get up either.

And while he might be able to avoid the worms by rolling, the spores and the carnifex itself probably won't be quite so easy to avoid...

10. - Top - End - #220

Hopefully not for Carl, at least. Since otherwise he's ploughing at full speed into the floor and wall for no reason... And with a last fateful bounding step, harsh blue lightning spits forward, and it's pincor-like claws come clashing in and together with the force that's normally crushing battletanks. No need to say, if the carnifex's brain was advanced enough, it'd probably be teeming with confidence.

The spores, fortunately for Ba'al, can't aim!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221

"Gotcha..." Ooh, looks like he was faking it!

At the last moment, Ba'al explodes and vanishes, reappearing just above Carl's head. He grins and slices at the Carnifex with his sword, intending to cut straight through the beast's brain. It's worth noting that Ba'al's leg does actually look kinda messed up. Now that he's up in the air and not on the floor, it's clear that the explosion has opened up a nasty looking wound on his leg, which, while not life threatening or anything that bad, is still bleeding quite heavily. Not much Ba'al can do about it right now. He wants a challenge, so he's not going to sort out a wound like that, not until the beast is well and truly dead.

12. - Top - End - #222

Green, acidic, hissing ichor splatters up as a long line gets drawn deep into Carl's head. And it pauses on the ground, huffing and the limbs suddenly giving out as the beast lies silently, a spore just barely squeezing itself out before the last pair of eyes close...

That one will likely explode. And the rest are drawn to the massive vibration...
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223

Ba'al chuckles as he watches the beast fall. The green ichor splattered on his blade hisses and crackles as it's destroyed by the blade. He grins and turns to the crowds watching, "Well! I think he's about done for, don't you?"

Ah, but there's all those spores coming this way. He should be fine though, up here where Carl's head used to be, right? Maybe not...

Just to be sure he floats a little higher up and waits...and watches.

14. - Top - End - #224

Well... The spores can't reach and the beast isn't moving... Or... is it? Appearntly trying to steal Ba'al's idea, it rolls over in a very awkward motion and lightning arcs upward, along with an earsplitting screech. A spore explodes underneath it, but that's not really even a bother to Carl.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225

Well, that was unexpected...

Very unexpected indeed, so unexpected that Ba'al barely even has time to look down before-Bzzzzt!

He gets zapped, and howls with pain as the electricity surges through him. He doesn't fall though, instead rather rapdily telesploding to a different location and taking a few deep breaths...

He looks a little...frazzled...and kind of singed. It's probably a good thing he took off his armour, that stuff heats up horribly when it gets zapped. "Bloody beast, don't you know when to...stay dead?"

16. - Top - End - #226

As if in responce, it rolls forward onto it's feet, a massively clumsy action, but fairly amazing that something of it's build could even manage to do. And then it silently thumps forward, beginning to strafe with the worm-guns some more. Looks like it's, slowly, learning how all this works.

The gash that had nearly split it's head in two isn't much more than a line of lighter purple amoungst the deep violets, and for all the inhuman look of it, a terrible, horribly old hunger nearly radiates from it's gaze as burning lines of acidic drool patter on the sandy floor.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227

"...Damn!" Well that's not good, he practically sliced the damn thing's head in half and it looks like nothing more than a minor flesh wound now!

Oh, and more worms. Just wonderful, that's exactly what Ba'al needs!

He quickly telesplodes behind the beast to give himself a moment or two to fully recover from being electrocuted as he considers just how take the damn thing down. Obviously no matter how severe the wound, it'd just regenerate if given enough time. So he needs to do something a bit more serious than cutting it open.

He needs to cut bits of it off.

But not just yet. For now he's going to wait, up here in the air, for Carl to turn and face him again.

18. - Top - End - #228

And round the carnifex turns, thumping forward step after step, spraying the sonic-speeding worms all over as it scruffs a foot. It charges step after bounding step, arms tensed for a devestating strike, and knowing that the little man's best way to dodge will be to float overhead, the carnifex waits unlike it looks like the massive bulk is commited to the charge, and then leaps. Not very high, but amazing hieght for something of that wieght and build.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

[Hypogeum]

Meanwhile, Roxie *POP*'s into a rather large cell underneath the arena. This particular cell smells of death and rotted flesh. It had taken her weeks to gather the last of the reagents she needed - Jedi blood - but now she mixes it into the partially finished potion, along with flakes of gold and pixie dust.

She sprinkles it over the body, and then speaks the words of power that she knows will call him back.

"Fluffy. Where are you, Fluffy? Come to Mummy. Come here, baby. Who's a good boy?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

At first, nothing seems to happen, but then comes the sound of something shifting. It sounds almost like dried wood scraping against the ground.

Instead, it's bone.

Fluffy's skeleton starts to move itself back together as flesh begins to grow. The Ressurection seems to be working as the Half-Dragon Dire Rancor starts to come back to life.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

"Come on, baby. Mummy's waiting for you. And I know a nice pasture I can take you to with lots of yummy sheep. Come on, Fluffy. There's a good boy." Roxie croons, flying around the corpse and sprinkling more pixie dust.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

It takes more than a few minutes, but eventually scales start to develop on the new flesh and Fluffy opens his eyes. He panicks for a moment before realizing who and where his is.

Then Mummy flies into view. With a pleased crooning sound, he tries to reach for her. He knows what just happened, dying, but is exstatic that his mommy is safe.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

[Hypogeum]

Roxie kisses him on the nose and hugs him. "There's a good boy. I missed you so much."

Fluffy will probably find that he's STARVING! Dying takes a lot out of a body, you know.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Fluffy gives a pleased growl before trying to take her in his hand and lumbering out of the Hypogeum in search of food.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Before he can get far, Roxie *POP*'s them to the Outside thread, where they can poach some sheep.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

[Hypogeum]

And in a shocking display of double posting, Roxie *POP*'s back home with Fluffy. His large kennel is all cleaned up, with lots of hay for nesting and a huge pool of water.

"I have to go help Quinn with her wedding,"
    Roxie says to Fluffy. "You be a good boy while I'm gone, okay?" She kisses him on the nose, and flies away.

But she forgot something. He's still under the effects of the pixie shrinking potion, and if he tries, he can probably squeeze through the bars of his cage.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Moff and his companion(s) will find themselves suddenly in the middle of a dusty arena as their portals shut behind them. You see, all three portals led here, as a trap. (rest of the description in OP)

The intercom system crackles to life after a moment. "We have a show for you tonight folks! Our surprise challengers will face one of our most beloved combatants!"

Bets begin in the crowd about who it would be. Would it be Fluffy? Spartacus maybe?

Dexter smirks as he looks at the name in front of him. Yes, this promised to be a good fight. Bloody as well. "Ladies and Gentlemen..." his voice booms over the loudspeakers. "Please give a loud cheer for our favorite cutthroat and murderer! Audience members, raise hell for our very own Scranor!"

The floor of the arena opens up and an elevator rises, a single armored figure on it as the crowd goes wild.

The sound of a chainsaw revs before the spotlights reveal the man. He's wearing dark red armor, gold plated on in runes that hurt the eyes to look at. The revving saw is actually his massive two handed chain axe that rests in his gauntlet covered hands.

Once the elevator stops, he raises his ancient weapon high, throws his head back and roars.
    "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" His voice shakes the very arena floor, sounding of molten metal and the sound of gunfire.

The Audience answers, yelling back their favorite line. "SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!"

Dexter turns to the newcomers, arms raised to quiet the spectators. "Challengers, whoever you may be, I wish you luck. You shall need it." he gestures to a wheel that's raising from the floor. "Spin the wheel, and then prepare for yourselves for there is no way out other than death or victory."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2010-06-27 at 10:03 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

...Crap. Ordo, I blame you.

29. - Top - End - #239

Ordo stumbles out of the portal, immediately whirling to rant at the Moff. "You... why... how did you... does thinking things through mean anything to you?!" The psion shouts, normally bleary eyes bright with pent-up rage. "We could be in a volcano! Or a giant meat-grinder! Or in the middle of commie MagBot central!"

The psion turns, red in the face. "Where the hell are we anyway?"

And all the color immediately drains from him, profile turning a frightened pale as Scranor makes his big entrance.

This is followed by a facepalm and a few curses under Ordo's breath.

He takes a deep breath, clenching his fists, before turning back to the Moff. "Ok. I am currently going to ignore the urge to kill you, and ask you to call Dipsnig. Tell him to get someone here who can get us out. I'm... sincerely doubtful we can take this guy. I've got like, one metamorphosis left."

The psion steps over to the wheel, examining it.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Hey buddy, sometimes you just gotta see where life takes you... anyhow, I have a fairly quick fix for our current predicament. The Moff reaches into his uniform jacket, and withdraws a small, glowing cylinder. You're going to want to find cover...

The Moff hurls the cylinder at Scranor, who's still a ways off, dives behind the wheel, and shouts some foreign, strange word. Unless Scranor can move fifty feet in that space of time, he's now completely frozen.