New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [ACRO] Crazy Ol Magtok's Battle Arena of Terror! (COMBAT! I)

Actually...yes, Scranor can move that fast. Well, close to it at any rate. He's been enhanced physically to superhuman levels. But, he's not the kind to simply go running after his quarry. He liked the scent of fear his presence made in his prey.

(I'm assuming you mean frozen as in Ice here, if not, sorry, but next time be more specific)

He's taken ten steps by the time the cylinder reaches him, and when the ice forms, it encases his entire body, head to toe. That lasts only for a moment before cracks form on his joints and he moves, breaking ice off of his armor and body in massive chunks, shattering it under his ceramite heel.

The Champion of Khorne smirks at Moff and continues his steady advance as the crowd cheers him on in their need to see slaughter...

The wheel on the other hand is forged of wrought iron, rusted and edged in many places. There's depictions of various things on it. Water, a maze, swords, sticks, guns...

Take a spin, and see what you get. Maybe it'll even help.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2010-06-28 at 05:12 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Halfling in the Playground

Ordo isn't fast enough to get to cover. He's frozen solid, covered in ice as he was running for the wheel. That's not too good.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Well, crap. That wasn't what was supposed to happen. The Moff shouts another strange word and Ordo promptly unfreezes. Hey Ordo, what's your opinion on civilian casualty? Because I have a much more final solution I can implement...

The Moff withdraws another, slightly larger cylinder, this one jet black. He also grabs another one identical to the one that froze Ordo. The Moff runs up to Ordo, shouts a third word, and tosses the large cylinder over his shoulder. The Moff and Ordo, right next to the small cylinder, freeze completely and instantly. Two seconds later, the large cylinder explodes and all life within 500 feet *should* be destroyed. In ten minutes, however, Ordo and The Moff will thaw completely unharmed.

I'm not a big fan of fights. Where's the exit?

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

The Khorne Champion vanishes, not killed, but teleported away to his room before the spell strikes. Dexter glares at the challengers from his announcer box, the spell unable to damage the protective shielding that's mentioned in the OP. "Now, now...blatant attacks on the audience as well as the champions are to be punished." He says in an angered tone as the wheel sinks into the ground before the arena reseals.

"Isn't that right?"

The audience roars back in anger with mixed cries of "KILL THEM!" and "TEAR THEM TO PIECES!"

Dexter smirks as he turns his gaze back at the two. "You heard the audience." he says with a bit of a sad shrug, still smiling.

As soon as the ice melts, Moff and Ordo will feel the ground shake beneath them before a bloody metal human sized hand rips it's way to the surface.

"Gentlemen, meet your executioners. The Flayed Ones."

((As an OOC note, I really am not going to make the fight that easy for you. And yes, today I have a bit of a 40K theme going, but it fits. Don't worry though, a way out will make itself clear soon enough.

Just live till then. ))
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2010-06-28 at 07:01 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

((No worries. Although, I REALLY did not want to have to be in an Arena battle...))

Oh, COME ON! I have things to do today! I have a magazine to write! I am not a warrior! I demand to speak to whoever is in charge hear...

EDIT: ((What I'm trying to convey here: can we please get this over with? I'll play along if you want, but this is not really what I had in mind when I got up this morning... ))
    Last edited by Moff Chumley; 2010-06-28 at 07:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246

((The psion shall take care of business again, then. ))

Ordo melts for a second time, stumbling away from the hand. "Gee, Moff. That was such a good idea. Really, super effective."

The psion just looks mad now. "I have had enough of this crap. I'm morphing and ending this stupid charade right now."

The psion suddenly begins to change shape, muscle and bone shifting, tearing, reforming. His very cells grow and replicate, increasing his size to a hulking creature double his previous height.

The muscular beast walks like a gorilla, pink fleshy skin and bits of bone covering its outer appearance. Bone spikes ascend up its spine, all the way up to the top of its slanted skull. Its jaw is jagged, toothy, eyes of odd size and yellow color. Its left lower arm is completely replaced by a massive, thick spear of pure bone, easily capable of impaling two normal men upon its length.

Ordo roars above the audience, louder than all their screams. He remarks, voice rumbling, "Let's go, pansies! I'll kill every last one of you!"

Yeah, as you can probably tell, this form tends to increase his aggressiveness and anger.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2010-06-28 at 07:10 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Dexter smirks and leans against the counter. "Don't talk to me, talk to the audience. They decide the show."

((It's a bit unfair to me if I spend a good half-hour or longer coming up with a decent concept of a fight and try to do something a bit entertaining(let alone post), and you just kill everything with a single word. ))

Ordo will see a metal skeleton rise out of the ground, two more following it. Each one is draped in still bloody skin, their masks betraying no emotion as their long claws click together.

Funny thing, they aren't alive.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

The Moff nods appreciatevly, then turns towards the anouncer and bellows As you can see, my companion here is far better entertainment value than I am! I shall now be going home, and I will shank anyone who tries to stop me. Are we clear?

The Moff turns a full three hundred and sixty degrees, and sees no exit. Never mind, then. He sits down against the side of the arena, and watches the battle.
    Last edited by Moff Chumley; 2010-06-28 at 07:31 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249

((Oh, hey, I recognize these things. Never actually played Warhammer 40k, but I like the fiction/lore and I've played the video game.))

Whether his companion manages an exit or not, Ordo will rush the nearest Flayed One, raising his bonespear and attempting to impale it.

If he succeeds, he'll lift it above his head and toss it away against the nearest hard surface.

Even if Necrodermis is far too thick for bonespears and superstrength, the sheer blunt force of the natural weapon's impact should do something.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2010-06-28 at 07:20 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #250
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    The Moff nods appreciatevly, then turns towards the anouncer and bellows As you can see, my companion here is far better entertainment value than I am! I shall now be going home, and I will shank anyone who tries to stop me. Are we clear?

The Moff runs up and vaults the side of the arena, using a pile of destroyed vehichles as a ramp, and begins moving towards an exit. Catch up with me when you're done, Ordo.
    ((What pile of destroyed vehicles?

I don't recall mentioning a pile of vehicles in the arena in the first post, or anything happening after that which would leave a huge pile of them behind. I can't even think of a reason why a fancy public arena would just leave a pile of junk off in one corner. Even if there was some sort of deathcar derby in some off-screen event from the last arena performance, it'd surely be cleaned up by the well-equipped staff before the following event could begin.

Oh, and there's that really big shield mentioned in the first post and referenced by Wolf. Please don't godmod my threads, Moff.))
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Ordo's spear is able to pierce it's body, causing an array of sparks. The Flayed one raises it's arm weakly before shuddering and falling limp as it hits the Arena wall.

The other two close in slowly, claws clacking and hissing as the blades scrape against each other.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

((Edit'd. Magtok has MAD godmod sensing abilities... I'm kinda picking up on the "not wanted here" vibe, so I'll just be quiet now...))

13. - Top - End - #253

((I gotta deadtime pretty soon, probly a couple minutes, so if I log out, that's it for now.))

Ordo laughs triumpantly, raising his spear above his head. He'll rush the other two as well, deformed limbs stomping over the dusty arena floor.

The bone spear is swung in a wide arc, attempting to smack one or both of the Flayed Ones with inhuman strength.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

((The point I think is that Mags shouldn't need those abilities. But thanks for trying to fix it.))

One of the two is easily swatted to the side, a loud crunching sound coming from it. The other raises one of it's giant clawed hands and slashes at Ordo quickly, inhuman strength behind the blow.

The first one that was knocked down twitches slightly, the sparks dying from the wound in it's chest.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

((It was a mistake. I'm deeply sorry, and it won't happen again.))
    Last edited by Moff Chumley; 2010-06-28 at 07:42 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256

Ordo's chest is slashed up, a large, bloody gouge placed in his torso. He reels back, half roaring, half growling. This just seems to have made him madder.

In retaliation, the monster will reach out its right hand, a three-fingered, clawed thing, and attempt to grab the Flayed One's head.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Ordo is able to grab the head, but it tries to claw at his arm in an effort to get him to let go. It makes no sound of surprise, fright or anger. Just cold and emotionless.

The first Necron's chest begins to repair itself and it's eyes flicker with new found green energy as it begins to get up.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

While sitting against the wall, The Moff's eyes flit around the arena, searching for some way to help Ordo or otherwise escape. He's aware there's probably nothing he can do, and he's determined /not/ to provide the audience with an ounce of entertainment, but he doesn't have it in him to just sit there.

19. - Top - End - #259

Ordo will attempt to crush the Flayed One's cranial structure, before trying to smash it into the ground and impale it with his spear-hand.

His limb is slashed up, a number of deep cuts and gashes slicing deep into his lower arm.

The creature roars as it attempts its aforementioned attack, long and bellowing.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

The necron's head is crushed, sparks flying, and his hand will likely be cut by broken shards of regenerative metal. It goes limp even as Ordo finishes his attack on it.

The first Flayed One finally finishes standing, it's chest finally healing over, and it looks over the battleground before it's eyes set on Moff. It slowly begins to take a few strides towards him, still quite a way away.

As Moff looks over the arena, he'll start noticing that the walls and floor aren't completely smooth, even under the dust and sand that coats the ground. There are lines that mark the panels of where the cages or other instruments raise up out of the ground, as well as some in the walls. They might provide a way out if someone could find a way to open them.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Why not? The Moff mutters. If the wheel is still working, The Moff runs up to it, and spins it repeatedly.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

The wheel has already slipped beneath the surface of the arena by now, shut off, but Dexter smirks as he sees the man try to get to it. "What say you, beloved spectators? Shall we give them a chance at the wheel?"

The reply is of mixed suggestions, each shouted out in their adrenaline filled state, but one side is louder than the other.

Dexter gestures at the Arena Floor. "Bring out the Wheel of Death!"

No matter what suggestion the people in the audience gave, they all cheer and money starts passing around, betting on what the wheel will land on....

Next to Moff, the arena floor opens, the Wheel slowly rising from it.

23. - Top - End - #263

Ordo shakes shards of Necrodermis free of his palm, growling at the torn flesh.

With that, he glances at the Moff, and says nothing. The battle's almost over, but hey, hopefully something good will happen.

But is the battle almost over?

(( Dun dun DUUUN))

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Going to be gone a week, sorry, but if you wish, assume the battle is won and you're all let go. No reward, but let go.

If you want to wait for me so we can finish, that's good too.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know about Murkus, but if we can assume The Moff finds some clever way to slip out of the arena, hopefully pissing the hell out of the audience, that's all good with me.

26. - Top - End - #266

Well, I was enjoying the fight, but I'd really rather not wait. So let's just say the Moff escaped and Ordo finished off the last Flayed One.

Ah, Wolfbane, you have a nephew now don't you? In any case, ah, congratulations? Good luck with that? Have... fun? I don't know.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

The new vic-challengers appear in the center of a massive arena, walls lined with various melee and ranged weapons. Some lethal, others not, but all with a single intent.

Defeat your opponent.

"Now..."
    says Dexter's familiar voice as he adjusts his microphone in the announcer's box above the killing ground, "Before we begin, you must spin the Wheel of Death, everyone's favorite little toy..."

He gestures and the ground splits open at one side of the newcomers, a giant wrought iron wheel rising from the ground, various symbols on the edges.

"Spin the wheel, and choose your doom."

28. - Top - End - #268
    Bugbear in the Playground

The arena darkens for a second, then a whirlwind of fire explodes in rhe center of the ring! All around the inferno bolts of lightning blast the floor, scorching the word

Riv

into the floor. Then the whirlwind of fire flickers out and Riv stands in the center, ringed by a pentacle of color-shifting fire.
    LETS GET KILLIN!!!
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Bugbear in the Playground

Len simply walks up and spins the wheel.

Let's just get this over with.
    Last edited by Rae Artemi; 2010-10-14 at 08:35 PM.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

Ermine slips out of the arena and into the audience. She buys steals a pair of weasel-sized binoculars and goes to watch. The pirate cheers rather loudly.

"Rip each odder's throats out!"

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters