New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: ACRONYM OOC XIV: Can we talk?

And then he'd have to face Zara. And presumably Slayer, if he wants the kill for himself. Hell, all of NO as well.
    Not that I'm resisting against the Retcon.

Edit: Wait, Ashna's still meant to be Good, right? A member of GloG? She hasn't fallen to the Dark Side or anything without me noticing.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-05-08 at 05:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

And then it'd mean a big all-out battle and NO would be rendered mostly un-RPable. Which is why I want the retcon.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    And then it'd mean a big all-out battle and NO would be rendered mostly un-RPable. Which is why I want the retcon.
    Exactly- Daisuke, if he goes all-out, can cause a fair amount of devestation to the surrounding area. Which is why, IC, he almost never does. OOC, as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #754
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie Vincent could totally take him.

*smokebomb*
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

I don't mean physical damage. I mean that NO would be considered enemies by one of the biggest groups out there and I really don't want to roleplay that now.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post

Zombie Vincent could totally take him.

*smokebomb*
    Hey, at least we're dealing with ACRO Daisuke here.

BleachitP Daisuke? Destructive power of a low-level nuke.

...given that BleachitP Daisuke is the leader of BleachitP Soul Society, and Bleach works on Authority Equals Asskicking, this is not very suprising.

@^: Yeah, I was going to mention that as well. But the physical state of NO wouldn't fare too well either.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-05-08 at 06:08 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

Zara accidentally blew up a planet once.
    Well, accidentally on purpose. She was only aiming for the bits inhabited by elves.
    Yes, I am shameless in my oneupmanship.

Also, if Daisuke ever displayed that much reckless power, he'd certainly come under scruiny from WATCHTOWER. Yeah, they'd go against GLoG. It was never said they must be allies, despite what HATS would claim.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-05-08 at 06:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

The two people who'd have the most to say in this matter are EleventhHour and Magtok, obviously, and I hope they don't object. I'd really prefer my RPing of Dipsnig to amount to Business as Usual. I have Wenomir and Michalson for big, dramatic events.
    Last edited by Morty; 2010-05-08 at 06:16 AM.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    I'm not trying to criticize, sorry, I'm actually trying to help. If details are given about the Vat-Grown, it gives everyone a better idea of how to react to them.

I actually like the idea of a Vat-Grown army. It reminds me of a few of my favorite books (Rats, Bats, and Vats and The Rats, The Bats, and The Ugly)

Yeah, sorry if I seemed a bit pushy for a bit.
    Too much detail makes for a bad story. Also: Throwing the brown logic at someone's face really doesn't help. At all. Ever. Not even then.

EDIT: Since I need to make fun of you for making me post...

"If details are given about the Vat-Grown, it gives everyone a better idea of how to react to them."

According to this, your discussion of wastes gives us a better idea of how to react to them. "In what situation?" would be a good question. Perhaps they'll make one of those films.

EDIT 2: Is it just me, or do I read as aggressive?
    Last edited by Boo; 2010-05-08 at 06:37 AM.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    *hugs iElf*

No, I like the vat grown stuff! Don't let the teasing get you down. I think it's a great idea with a lot of potential, and you're being amazingly reasonable about listening to everyone's concerns.

You're allowed to handwave a lot of logix stuff in pursuit of plot and fun. Give EDEN a portapotty of holding or something. I really want to see this stuff play out.
    how about EDENarcane invented a bag of infinite hazmat suits. and I kind of likes the idea of them being like tyranid mooks, having no digestive system as such. they are feed through IV's, and the wait products are recycled to become IV's again together with the corpses of dead drones.

oh, and may I ad that there was a unprovoked attack on EDEN near the GLoG camp. a GLoG member attacked several EDENworkforce agents for building something 5miles away from the camp, not even knowing who EDEN were.

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by iElf View Post
    oh, and may I ad that there was a unprovoked attack on EDEN near the GLoG camp. a GLoG member attacked several EDENworkforce agents for building something 5miles away from the camp, not even knowing who EDEN were.
    Yeah... this struck me as odd. They didn't know EDEN was hostile.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

Well guys, I have about 2 hours at most before I leave for the summer as parents are on the way.

And that's if my computer will stop randomly shutting down.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oo... I really want to use Operation: Winged Rebirth as a faction. In Acro, but I'm still debating. I started it for a PbP. Of course I'm going to have to change some stuff.

What do you guys think I should do?
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright guys. See you all in a few months, gotta go.

*hugs all and poofs*

15. - Top - End - #765
    Orc in the Playground

Well, now that that battle in Inside is over, there are a few positions I'm opening up, should anyone be interested. I must request that infiltrators such as those from secret societies, mafias (though I'm pretty sure there isn't one...kinda butchered the last one), cults, spies, and the like stay at a minimum. I really don't want the Empire to become the favored tool of schemers with other loyalties. For the subdivisions like Divisions and Battalions and the like, please check my sig link. It's a bit out of date due to recent events, but that information is still accurate.

A note on elections-In factoring in the NPC populations, I'm not going to be running a PC-IC election or an OOC one so much as giving roles to who wants them.

I also have a small request that existing PCs not be the ones to fill these. >.>

Imperial Army
    Spoiler
    Show
    Division Commander x2
    Colonel (Battalion commander) x1

Squads are open as always. I also note that more Division Commanders may be available should a Colonel's player allow for his subservient Divisions to be played by other players. WARNING: Thanks to the ISF, Imperial Army roles will likely only be more seen when significant military action is undertaken, such as fighting off invasions-or leading them, but that's not gonna be that likely.

Imperial Security Forces (ISF)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Division Commander x2
    Colonel x1

Squads remain open as usual. See Imperial Army for a note on Divisions. ISF positions are more likely to be visible more often, since they're the ones doing things inside the city itself nowadays.

Imperial Laboratories
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've been considering opening up something for SCIENCE-y characters for a while now. I figure this is the perfect opportunity. Imperial Laboratories would be available for them to make designs of their own for the potential use of the Empire. Positions available:

Director of Special Projects-Position left vacant by Drelin's betrayal. Would be the overseer of any and all super-projects, like airships or other such things. Would sometimes show up to look at designs for possible use.

Project Lead-A more unstable role. A Designer takes the role when something notable that he or she designed is under actual development.

Designer-The rank-and-file in the Imperial Laboratories. Mission is to make up designs for weapons and everything else that might be of interest to the Empire. Armor, vehicles...you name it, you can potentially do it. Just try to make it interesting, would ya?

Other Possible Miltiary-ish Roles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not much to do with the Navy. Maybe let someone have captaincy of one of the ships or something. Dunno.

Air force-wise, well...little to do. Sanctuary is something I want my own control over, so that's out. If someone really wants to be a gunship pilot or something I probably won't reject it, but...yeah.

[Government Roles]

A specific request for these. Please no making the higher-up positions corrupt or something like that...

Spoiler
    Show
    Chief Diplomat-Would be in charge of relations with other nations, mostly with all the international politics. Could possibly have other diplomats beneath them so as to not snuff out the one there already is. >.>

Head of Organizational Relations-Would be in charge of relations with Acro-Organizations and other such groups, similar to the Chief Diplomat.

Chief Treasurer?-Self-explanatory. Not sure if I'm including this one or not due to abuse potential, and how it'd probably never get seen onscreen otherwise.

Executive Roles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Imperial High Council

The new main government of the Empire, the High Council is a group of 14 elected officials known as High Councilors from throughout the Empire. There is also a 15th, known as the Chief High Councilor, who acts in something of a tiebreaker-type role if no agreement can be gained. I'm willing to open up 13 of these roles, not including the Chief High Councilor.

I'm thinking these would remain offscreen most of the time, with an onscreen IC meeting for when something important was going on.

Other Government Roles
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm thinking an elected legislature will remain offscreen, along with judicial stuff. Simpler that way.

I really don't expect all these to get taken.

@Kurama: I should warn you...the main government around here is very techy...
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2010-05-08 at 10:37 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

I had an idea for something construction-ish when I was coming home today; is there any room for something such as that in the scheme of things?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

17. - Top - End - #767
    Orc in the Playground

Construction? Well, far as city stuff goes I figured Happy's Ostari Elves have that one covered well enough...
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, the Ostari elves manage all offscreen repairs to the infrastructure, but they don't mind others getting involved.

Expect them to look at anything built by non Ostari rather patronizingly, the way a professional artist might look at a child's coloring book page. "There, there, isn't that just so cute. He thinks he's a grownup"

Not that they'd /say/ that, oh no. They'd be unfailingly polite about it.

Jerks.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm. In that case, I think I'll lean toward an Imperial Lab designer.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

20. - Top - End - #770

Acronym and Town have practically merged...

So, assuming that the mess with the Kobold Tax Collector is shorted out, he would probably be willing to take on the Chief Treasurer. He's Lawful Evil but he's smart enough to take only a small amount of gold for himself...
    Normal avatar by Darwin. Many thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Along with your avatar, your class is the bard.
    Indeed it is, now that I think about it. Bard in the Playground

From Murska's City: Eternally Unlucky

Retired Werewolfer

21. - Top - End - #771
    Orc in the Playground

Except now he's going to have a criminal record and there's no way he's gonna get the job. =P
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

22. - Top - End - #772

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    Except now he's going to have a criminal record and there's no way he's gonna get the job. =P
    The criminal record does damper things a bit... but he is quite willing to work for the Empire. Perhaps as a janitor or diplomat for a bit... Adbit, a slightly corrupt one.

PS: You aren't done with the Kobold yet. Check Magtok's Tavern, and inform me where you are going, please. I'll try to continue playing the Kobold. And also... your troops are being followed...
    Last edited by Eternal Drifter; 2010-05-08 at 10:57 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Retired Werewolfer

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

Potential Designer comin' up.
    One who prefers her work to people.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dr. Tzymine Xanthin
    Race: Arisnic
    Alignment: LN
    Class (or approximation): Scientist
    Description:
    Work outfit: Not Work outfit:
    Tzymine is about 6'1" tall. She has smooth, grey skin; dull-silver-white hair; small ears and two nasal slits rather than a nose; six-fingered, dexterous hands; and eyes that change colors to display emotions. She is attractive, but in no way is she a bombshell.
    Her work outfit is a protective labcoat, gloves, boots, and goggles.
    Her nonwork outfit is a tank-top and black pants.

Equipment and Abilities: Tzymine is very intelligent. Her hexadactylic (six-fingered) hands are very dexterous. In terms of physical strength, she is at a reasonable level; she exercises fairly regularly and is of good endurance.
    She has many tools and such sciency things with which to do her sciency work.

Personality: Tzymine is not an incredibly friendly or outgoing person. She's not a total recluse... she just prefers her work over people. People can get so absurd over trivial matters.
    She works diligently.

How's this look?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Looks good... the only question is how do you get her involved in things when she's not interested in people? Or is she going to be a background character that only undeadtimes as needed, like Veriswen?
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

All this talk of scientists makes me want to bring Grimzig & c.o. into the spotlight.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Looks good... the only question is how do you get her involved in things when she's not interested in people? Or is she going to be a background character that only undeadtimes as needed, like Veriswen?
    Perhaps a running gag of her getting dragged into things...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #777
    Orc in the Playground

Drifter...

Are you aware that, if what the kobold says is true, then you are godmodding immensely?
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

28. - Top - End - #778

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    Drifter...

Are you aware that, if what the kobold says is true, then you are godmodding immensely?
    The Kobold THINKS he is telling the truth, but he has been greatly decived. That spellbook that Turtle has... is behind it all. IT created the Kobold, it gave him a purpose and a mind, as well as memories. Fake memories at that, but memories none the less.

That book is the ultimate book of magic, creator, alterer, and destroyer of worlds. A future Apopcolypse plot, but not yet.

Town and Acro don't know yet what is going on with that book... but there are suspisions...

And before you get ideas... that book's power level... 11.
    Last edited by Eternal Drifter; 2010-05-08 at 11:46 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Retired Werewolfer

29. - Top - End - #779
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is there any chance of an EDEN representative meeting a Imperial representative right now?

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #780

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Drifter View Post

That book is the ultimate book of magic, creator, alterer, and destroyer of worlds. A future Apopcolypse plot, but not yet.

Town and Acro don't know yet what is going on with that book... but there are suspisions...

And before you get ideas... that book's power level... 11.
    Oh boy I'm so glad we have an uber powerful world controlling whatever. it just makes my day