New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: ACRONYM OOC XIV: Can we talk?

Quote Originally Posted by EleventhHour View Post
    >.>

I'm leaving it up to you and Magtok, I've given up on caring about how it will go either way, after thinking about it.

(IE : Stupid Godling War, or no chance to have fun trying to wreck a place.)

So, whatever you guys want is fine with me. I've moved on.
    Sigh. So if it's up to me and Magtok, I hope he'll be fine with that since I'm not looking forward to an all-out war with NO on one side and GLoG and Magtok on the other.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've got nothing against the ret-con, but what precisely is happening to Elly?

Death by EDEN? By NPC? Does she survive? Was it an evil twin all along?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe she was hit by a stray bullet in all the other fighting that occured? Or she may simply survive, This option will require some OOC notes in some posts but also doesn't require any contrived IC events to occur.
    It would be a lot simpler if my Internet hadn't decided to die yesterday evening. It's times like these I'm convinced machines have their own malicious will.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Orc in the Playground

For those interested in the Empire thing, the ISF Colonel position has been taken. >.>
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

5. - Top - End - #815
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    I've got nothing against the ret-con, but what precisely is happening to Elly?

Death by EDEN? By NPC? Does she survive? Was it an evil twin all along?
    I'd be fine with death by EDEN. one of the EDENprotection guys was jumpy and shot her?

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    Well, now that that battle in Inside is over, there are a few positions I'm opening up, should anyone be interested. I must request that infiltrators such as those from secret societies, mafias (though I'm pretty sure there isn't one...kinda butchered the last one), cults, spies, and the like stay at a minimum. I really don't want the Empire to become the favored tool of schemers with other loyalties. For the subdivisions like Divisions and Battalions and the like, please check my sig link. It's a bit out of date due to recent events, but that information is still accurate.

A note on elections-In factoring in the NPC populations, I'm not going to be running a PC-IC election or an OOC one so much as giving roles to who wants them.

I also have a small request that existing PCs not be the ones to fill these. >.>

Imperial Army
    Spoiler
    Show
    Division Commander x2
    Colonel (Battalion commander) x1

Squads are open as always. I also note that more Division Commanders may be available should a Colonel's player allow for his subservient Divisions to be played by other players. WARNING: Thanks to the ISF, Imperial Army roles will likely only be more seen when significant military action is undertaken, such as fighting off invasions-or leading them, but that's not gonna be that likely.

Imperial Security Forces (ISF)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Division Commander x2
    Colonel x1

Squads remain open as usual. See Imperial Army for a note on Divisions. ISF positions are more likely to be visible more often, since they're the ones doing things inside the city itself nowadays.

Imperial Laboratories
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've been considering opening up something for SCIENCE-y characters for a while now. I figure this is the perfect opportunity. Imperial Laboratories would be available for them to make designs of their own for the potential use of the Empire. Positions available:

Director of Special Projects-Position left vacant by Drelin's betrayal. Would be the overseer of any and all super-projects, like airships or other such things. Would sometimes show up to look at designs for possible use.

Project Lead-A more unstable role. A Designer takes the role when something notable that he or she designed is under actual development.

Designer-The rank-and-file in the Imperial Laboratories. Mission is to make up designs for weapons and everything else that might be of interest to the Empire. Armor, vehicles...you name it, you can potentially do it. Just try to make it interesting, would ya?

Other Possible Miltiary-ish Roles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not much to do with the Navy. Maybe let someone have captaincy of one of the ships or something. Dunno.

Air force-wise, well...little to do. Sanctuary is something I want my own control over, so that's out. If someone really wants to be a gunship pilot or something I probably won't reject it, but...yeah.

[Government Roles]

A specific request for these. Please no making the higher-up positions corrupt or something like that...

Spoiler
    Show
    Chief Diplomat-Would be in charge of relations with other nations, mostly with all the international politics. Could possibly have other diplomats beneath them so as to not snuff out the one there already is. >.>

Head of Organizational Relations-Would be in charge of relations with Acro-Organizations and other such groups, similar to the Chief Diplomat.

Chief Treasurer?-Self-explanatory. Not sure if I'm including this one or not due to abuse potential, and how it'd probably never get seen onscreen otherwise.

Executive Roles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Imperial High Council

The new main government of the Empire, the High Council is a group of 14 elected officials known as High Councilors from throughout the Empire. There is also a 15th, known as the Chief High Councilor, who acts in something of a tiebreaker-type role if no agreement can be gained. I'm willing to open up 13 of these roles, not including the Chief High Councilor.

I'm thinking these would remain offscreen most of the time, with an onscreen IC meeting for when something important was going on.

Other Government Roles
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm thinking an elected legislature will remain offscreen, along with judicial stuff. Simpler that way.

I really don't expect all these to get taken.

@Kurama: I should warn you...the main government around here is very techy...
    <.<
    >.>

How would you feel about an Exalted becoming Chief Diplomat?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground

Hm, so the retcon seems to have been agreed on. Thanks for cooperation, sorry for the mess and I'll try and avoid doing this sort of thing in the future.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    <.<
    >.>

How would you feel about an Exalted becoming Chief Diplomat?
    Hm. Though an Exalt would probably be very good with that role, it's likely that they'd be denied it on account of other affiliations. =P

*points at Celestial Deliberative*

That's assuming they actually said anything about being an Exalt, that is. >.> I'm sure a Sidereal with a hidden identity would work well for hiding that.
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2010-05-08 at 07:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

9. - Top - End - #819
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oooh, Diplomat position of power, I have a character who would have quite liked to apply for that position but for all the wrong reasons . She'd be good at it mind you

10. - Top - End - #820
    Orc in the Playground

>.> I feel the urge to point out that I want to keep any infiltrator-types (spies, traitors, other such types with their own separate agendas) to a minimal, and that description is mildly unnerving in that department.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm. Though an Exalt would probably be very good with that role, it's likely that they'd be denied it on account of other affiliations. =P

*points at Celestial Deliberative*

That's assuming they actually said anything about being an Exalt, that is. >.> I'm sure a Sidereal with a hidden identity would work well for hiding that.
    Actually, she'd be from canon Creation. As such, not affiliated with the Deliberative.

And she'd be a Eclipse Caste Solar. Which would work even better- since that Caste can bind agreements so you get horrible luck if you break them. The Eclipse Caste are meant to be diplomats, in fact.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-05-08 at 08:06 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Orc in the Playground

Well, there's still the thing that they'd have a significant likelihood of being more loyal to the Deliberative than the Empire if they learned of it, which they will, given the international politics thing.

But that possibility is simple for you to admit or deny, so no real debate to go here. *shrug*
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, there's still the thing that they'd have a significant likelihood of being more loyal to the Deliberative than the Empire if they learned of it, which they will, given the international politics thing.

But that possibility is simple for you to admit or deny, so no real debate to go here. *shrug*
    Would they accept a Heaven-bound oath to put the interests of the Empire before any other while she works for them?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-05-08 at 08:12 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Orc in the Playground

That would...probably work. Especially with the penalties. >.>

So that issue's cleared and it's good to go, I suppose. The Chief Diplomat and Head of Organizational Relations would have offices in the main Govt Complex tower, by the way. >.>
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, does the Empire have any intention of getting back at KR-15?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah... basically, anyone who breaks a pact bound by an Eclipse Caste gets a number of moments where they have the worst outcome for something.

These 'somethings' are always vital to the person.

I'll get her written up ASAP. RP her joining, or just have her be Chief Diplomat?

What sort of stuff will the Chief Diplomat do?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-05-08 at 08:28 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Orc in the Playground

>.> I don't believe they know it was him. I assumed the Stinger stayed cloaked...

Though there may be a questioning as to how the laser scorch marks are consistent with K-Corp produced laser chaingun fire...=P I'm sure the Empire knows it well.

Anyway: Chief Diplomat is for dealing with things like international politics and other non-Acronym groups and the like. Meetings with the Deliberative or another foreign power would fall under that, for example.

The Head of Organizational Relations is basically the Chief Diplomat for the Acronym groups. If I can't get another person for that, I'll merge the roles. >.>

Also, just have her be it offscreen. Still getting this set up and all.
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2010-05-08 at 08:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

I meant the email. You know, to renegotiate supply contracts, should they need to be renegotiated. I somehow think this New Empire wouldn't be quite so happy having to pay for continued shipments of say, annihilator rockets. You know, given the whole 'we're peaceful now!' thing.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-05-08 at 08:48 PM.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground

Right. Ledaal Idari, the Promise of Endless Days. Chief Diplomat of the Acronymian Empire.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Orc in the Playground

Ah, yes. >.>

But, actually, they would be quite happy to do so. Those really heavy weapons? Those are generally dedicated to taking on things like invasions and stuff. I mean, all you really need to do to defeat an invasion that's not really omgpower-y is point a number of Annihilators at it and fire...They're quite useful in that department.

Unless you want to force me to build a defensive cannon array on the city walls or somesuch nonsense. <.<
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

Arright. Business as usual, then.
    And why would anyone build one of those? After all, it would be such a simple matter to hijack one and fire it into the city... >.>

22. - Top - End - #832
    Orc in the Playground

True that. Though the idea was to make it fixed-direction. =P Deliberately limited firing angle. But eh, not happening.

You want to handwave that offscreen or have an IC meeting about it? I'd prefer the former, as that means less digging up old threads...=P
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

Yah sure, we can handwave it if nothing's going to be changed.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Dwarf in the Playground

*yawn* Num num... that was a nice skillet nap.

What I miss?
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Poor Brendan. Doesn't even rate as a good influence on his own wife.
    "As long as I'm at least a neutral influence...wait, that doesn't sound right..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

26. - Top - End - #836
    Firbolg in the Playground

A neutral influence, not an influence for neutrality.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #837
    Orc in the Playground

Re: Harry attacking EDEN's building

Harry is a member of GLoG, yes. However, 'Harry' doesn't exist any more. Dam'Bul, a demon capable of surviving on this plane only temporarily without a host, ate his personality, leaving the husk under its complete control. As a member of AMEN, Dam'Bul wants to cause chaos. If, by attacking EDEN and blaming them for attacking him later does so, then good. Especially since he attacked from the woods between the two so they think that anybody approaching from that direction is dangerous.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

28. - Top - End - #838
    Bugbear in the Playground

>.> Just in case anyone missed it :
    Plawt!

It's open, it's low powered and moderately fatality causing, and should be a good time with great lewt and whatnot. <.<

Just pointing it out, since chattians missed it being up...
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

29. - Top - End - #839
    Titan in the Playground

Right... if it needs a dedicated spellcaster, I might drop Michalson there.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Halfling in the Playground

Well I'll be dropping in a spellcaster too, so maybe we can go duo.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by celtois View Post
    Squeeeeee!!!! *Huggles the penguin avatar* Oh nice to see you Bergett.

Penguin is more important then you

My avatar is also a weapon I will one day use to take over the world.(Avi by Sweet_aphrodite, well the first one was.)