New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: child of winter

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default child of winter

I was wondering if the children of winter feats should be condensed into one feat, or no feats at all and vermin should simply be character options to all druids.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: child of winter

For everyone's information, OP's talking about a druidic sect (tradition) in Eberron.

I always considered CoW feats somewhat underwhelming, given the fact (correct me if I'm wrong) that vermins tend to me much weaker than animals of the similar HD range. So I'd say it wouldn't be so unbalancing to condense those few feats into a single feat.

As to making vermins default options for all druids, I'm against it since vermins (not the actual tiny little insects) are not part of the natural order of the setting (created by Daelkyr, iirc). It's what makes the Children of Winter unique from other sects (they have Verminlords from BoVD in their ranks) and I believe it should stay that way.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As a general rule, druids don't need more cookies. Child of Winter is a sect with great flavor; druids, more than any other core class, can afford to pay a little bit for cool flavor.
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Salt_Crow View Post
    As to making vermins default options for all druids, I'm against it since vermins (not the actual tiny little insects) are not part of the natural order of the setting (created by Daelkyr, iirc).
    what book is that from?