New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default New Special Materials and Alloys [3.5]

Mithglin: This material is a simple alloy of mithral and adamantine. The alloy is two parts mithral and one part adamantine, with trace amounts of other metals. Items made of mithglin weigh 25% less than normal. Mithglin has 35 hit point per inch of thickness and have hardness 17. All items made of mithglin are of masterwork quality.
    Weapons made of mithglin are lighter and more resilient than normal and overcome damage reduction as if made of adamantine. A weapon made of mithglin ignores hardness under 17.
    Armor made of mithglin have their maximum dexterity bonus increased by one, their armor check penalty reduced by two, and their arcane spell failure reduced by 5%. Armor made of mithglin are also treated as one category lighter for the purpose of movement penalties. Medium and heavy armor made of mithglin grant damage reduction 1/-.

Light Armor------3000gp
    Medium Armor----7000gp
    Heavy Armor-----12,000gp
    Weapon----------1750gp

Elvencraft Sword: While most elves prefer archery, some prefer swordsmanship, using grace and finesse over brute force. As such, elven smiths have learned to create weapons designed to rely on grace rather than power. Any sword can be made elvencraft, granting it the option of dealing piercing damage if it could not already do so (so a longsword could deal piercing or slashing damage) and can benefit from the Weapon Finesse feat. In addition, if the wielder possesses the Weapon Finesse feat, the wielder can apply his Dex mod to damage instead of his Str mod, however, he cannot apply 1.5 times his Dex modifier when wielding a weapon two-handed. An elvencraft sword costs an additional 300gp.

If anyone has a special material or weapon templates they would like to post please do so, especially if it is an alloy between other metals.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2010-04-19 at 10:42 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New Special Materials and Alloys [3.5]

Elvencraft would seriously change the game... probably for the better, since it would allow more competitive Dex-based fighters.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

3. - Top - End - #3

Would wielding a two-handed weapon grant 1.5 times your Dexterity modifier to damage?
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei221 View Post
    Would wielding a two-handed weapon grant 1.5 times your Dexterity modifier to damage?
    The template relies mostly on grace, and two-handed doesn't really say "grace and finesse" so i'd have to say no, you don't apply a 1.5 bonus, just the normal.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    The template relies mostly on grace, and two-handed doesn't really say "grace and finesse" so i'd have to say no, you don't apply a 1.5 bonus, just the normal.
    That's what I would say as well, but my point is that you are replacing your Strength modifier to damage with Dexterity modifier to damage. As far as I can tell, that means you get 1.5x Dex modifier on damage with two-handed weapons.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei221 View Post
    That's what I would say as well, but my point is that you are replacing your Strength modifier to damage with Dexterity modifier to damage. As far as I can tell, that means you get 1.5x Dex modifier on damage with two-handed weapons.
    Ie. call out if it is different in the material.

Also, I might actually post a seriously decent update to some old AD&D 2nd materials that either never got an update, or got a craptacular one.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.