New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach Reborn OOC 3: Discussion

Because the higher-powered beings totally can't RP without being in a major battle. Or make a plot to pass the time, themselves.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm not sure if your attempting to be sarcastic or just rude Strawberry, but either way its not appreciated in the slightest.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    It takes more than a bunch of newly awakened mortals to rouse a Gillian.

I recommend someone making a Wild Hollow (not aligned with Las Noches) on the molds of Grand Fisher. Grand Fisher was nasty, but he wasn't particularly powerful, just smart, lucky in the superpower lottery and fighting an untrained hero.

Oh wait. What are those mortals at start? Yup. Untrained heroes.
    I like this.

For the record, Reene and Donovan will be around from the start. The people in Las Noches and the Seireitei can just... You know. Make their own subplots? I think we have one or two shinigami who must be sent down to create substitutes. And there are just so many Wild Hollows in game right now that I can't see Von Geister wanting anything short of eradicating those pathetic rebels.
    I also like this.

Maybe we make it so that while there's a confrontation, and maybe a bit of fight, there's not a battle?

In other words, Michiko confronts some of the students she thinks have potential to join her gang. They refuse. Mostly words are exchanged. Maybe a couple of Michiko's thugs try to attack, and (for example) Kaito's TK kicks in and stops the attack cold. It goes like that for a bit, then one side or the other says "Stop!". Then they can part with some tension in the air, or talk some more and resolve things.

Then, the next day, there's a big Hollow attack, and they have to work together.
    This works for me.

1. I never said they would be. I simply said there should be ties for them in the plot, because regardless of the power level, Shinigami and Arrancar/Hollow's are what make Bleach Bleach. They arn't off in some corner frozen. They are still doing things while the mortals are doing things.

2. Thats pretty much what I'm saying.

3. Then why roll them up now? Or for that matter, why roll up Captain's or Espada at all? I know what was decided, and clearly I'm working in the confines of it. But it dosn't change the fact that it does raise some issues. Most seem content to ignore them, so me bringing them up won't do anything but result in the acidic comments I've recived in the past. So I'll drop it there.
    I... don't like this.

1. Frankly, Ichigo is what makes Bleach, Bleach. He's the constant running thread. Shinigami will play a role, but the feeling I get is this game is focused on the Mortal Charactes.

2. Alright...

3. Because, we need Captains in the background. Same with Espada. It sounds like you have issues with the plan for the entire game, nothing about his specific plot. If you do, feel free to air them. But it does't change the fact that this was the decision of the group.

The Captain's can post, and the Villain's can scheme. But the spotlight is on the Mortals. Having your villain step in and go "Oh, foolish little humans, dance on my strings" robs the story line of any dramatic impact, and contributes to a darker feeling that we were expressly trying to avoid. The Good Guys should win. Especially in the first freaking plot!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    @Frozen: No game. Reene ate his soul.
    I expected as much, but the idea was too good not spit out.

Anyways, I volunteer to play expendable Hollow(s) for the beginning arc. I'm open to ideas as to what kind of character(s) it (or they) could be.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by XtheYeti View Post
    My only issue with how this first encounter is that it will occur before Nico has any powers....huh...Nico could get Knocked out due to Worf effect...then the next night have his whole, gain powers by being partially devoured scene...

Does that sound good to everyone? At the beginning of the Hollow attack Nico gets K.O.ed by Worf effect?
    Well. The Michiko encounter doesn't, per se, need to involve every Mortal student. In my mind, it's not much of an "encounter" anyways. It's...a Trigger Event, I guess. It triggers the development of several powers.

We'd move to the Hollow attack fairly quickly. In all likelihood, most/all of the Substitute Shinigami characters could get their powers that night, via a couple of overwhelmed Shinigami who give them the power in desperation.

We can work Nick's plot in pretty easy, as Draken suggests.

@Innis: And your insinuations that paint yourself as some poor victim, and the rest of us as merciless attackers, isn't appreciated.

Did you freaking ignore my post where I suggested a way for your Arrancar to be involved?

As for Captain and Espada: I though everyone was working on the understanding they wouldn't be fighting right off the bat. They should be roleplaying. Giving orders, discussing events with subordinates. That's something we didn't do enough of in the last game anyways: debriefings. There's an angle for RP on both sides of the fence for the higher-tier characters.

So please stop playing the Passive-Aggressive Victim Card. It's annoying, disruptive, and completely doesn't help. Especially when we're trying to work with you here.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I expected as much, but the idea was too good not spit out.

Anyways, I volunteer to play expendable Hollow(s) for the beginning arc. I'm open to ideas as to what kind of character(s) it (or they) could be.
    Even if the execution was slightly off, I like the idea Frozen. A normal hollow, while fun, lacks dramatic punch. The Hollow of someone the kids know, now that has dramatic potential.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Banned

So...we are starting to all get mad and argue and stuff. Therefore.

Spoiler
    Show

I command thee all to view and be happy nao.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Had an idea for a Hollow who has a few "subtle" abilities and could work as a short-lived antagonist.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-04-22 at 06:46 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

That's not how it works, X. There are issues here, and they need dealt with. If we just ignore them, it will get worse.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

<.<
    >.>

My idea? On recycling Daisuke/Natsuko?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-04-22 at 06:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    Even if the execution was slightly off, I like the idea Frozen. A normal hollow, while fun, lacks dramatic punch. The Hollow of someone the kids know, now that has dramatic potential.
    Former student who died in a car crash?
    Former teacher?
    Someone's dead little sister / brother / parent / dog / goldfish?
    Former janitor?

Pick your favorite.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    That's not how it works, X. There are issues here, and they need dealt with. If we just ignore them, it will get worse.
    We can, and should deal with the issues. I just want this to be done in a friendly manner. Therefore. Everyone play nice, or I will dig out the Armadillos.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    <.<
    >.>

As far as recycling goes, like Draken said, just post one of them. We'll go from there.

@Frozen: Former janitor.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Bugbear in the Playground

<.<
    >.>

No one has expressed any objections.

At all. Just do it.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Former student who died in a car crash?
    Former teacher?
    Someone's dead little sister / brother / parent / dog / goldfish?
    Former janitor?

Pick your favorite.
    Former Student could be fun.

<.<
    >.>

Don't know who those people are.

16. - Top - End - #226

The Captain's can post, and the Villain's can scheme. But the spotlight is on the Mortals. Having your villain step in and go "Oh, foolish little humans, dance on my strings" robs the story line of any dramatic impact, and contributes to a darker feeling that we were expressly trying to avoid. The Good Guys should win. Especially in the first freaking plot!
    Calm down. I conceeded that point, thats not why I'm raising the issues. Its also why I didn't press the matter.

1. Frankly, Ichigo is what makes Bleach, Bleach. He's the constant running thread. Shinigami will play a role, but the feeling I get is this game is focused on the Mortal Charactes.

2. Because, we need Captains in the background. Same with Espada. It sounds like you have issues with the plan for the entire game, nothing about his specific plot. If you do, feel free to air them. But it does't change the fact that this was the decision of the group.
    1. That might be a matter of personal opinion. So, no reason to argue it.

2. Then we don't need them to be player characters. If their just background characters, they can be NPC's. Espcially if their not going to make a major impact on the main plot. That would allow people to play lower teired characters without having to wait months for the plot to "catch up" to them. This would also remove the need to catch up to a certain power level, taking the idea of removing power creep one step further.

I'd feel more inclinded to bring up my issues if I wasn't either ignored or shouted down by a small minority and the whoel argument growing venomous when its only my intention to help make this whole thing work. As it stands, I -DO NOT- have issues with how this whole game is set up. Low powered games are great. For example, I prefer to play Dragon Blooded in Exalted merely because of the lower teir.

My issue is with the idea that the mortal's are the most important characters in the game, so other characters should be either ignored or placed on the back burner. I think the idea of "Main characters" goes against the idea of Free Form. If any of the other ITP games show, its more then possible to run multiple storylines to accomidate everyone. And thats what we should be doing. Everyone should be allowed to have a piece of the plot pie.

That was a major issue of the last game. People were either left behind, or because of slow posting totally lost in the plot, and had to drop. Shouldn't we want to avoid that in this game? Everyone has a right to contribute to the game, regardless of what they rolled up. This is a game to let people play what they want in the confines of the lore etc. We shouldn't punish people for their dicisions. We should work out plots so everyone is getting to do something at the same time other people are doing stuff. And those plots should be just as important to -those- characters as any other plot. Sure, there should be a meta-plot and sure, the mortal characters should take center stage. But the idea that other sides are static unmoving entities until the mortals show up defeats the idea of a living, breathing story.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-04-22 at 06:49 PM.
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll get my expandable villain up... er, later today?

God, I must get some shut-eye now x_x

18. - Top - End - #228

@Innis: And your insinuations that paint yourself as some poor victim, and the rest of us as merciless attackers, isn't appreciated.

Did you freaking ignore my post where I suggested a way for your Arrancar to be involved?
    I'm just responding the same way everyone did when I was getting heated. So, sorry if it came across like I was trying to put myself on a cross. But I didn't appreciate the tone. Everyone else is allowed to state that, so here I'll actually single myself out and say, I'm allowed to do so as well.

And no, I didn't ignore it. I was simply busy reading the ongoing discussion I was involved in. Sorry if you feel put off.

So...we are starting to all get mad and argue and stuff. Therefore.
    No ones getting mad? I'm not getting mad at least.

Edit: I also can't find the post in question your so annoyed about there KD. Could you repost it? I can't find any mention of Soshi anywhere.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-04-22 at 06:54 PM.
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, Draken. I didn't see your comment.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #230

I agree that no group should be left at the sidelines, and that there are no main characters.

That said. I don't think that every single plot should have ties to everyone. That can cause just as many problems. Yes, this first plot would focus primarily on the Mortal World students, but I would imagine that later plots would be mostly or entirely in the realm of the shinigami or arrancar.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow this thread is moving fast now. Why don't we just assume the Shinigami/Arrancar/etc have their own plots running at the same the mortal plot is going on? Just because mortal characters have got a plot in the making ahead of other types doesn't mean they can't make their own or they can't run their own simultaneously. After all why is there a seireitei and a hueco mundo thread if all characters are restricted to the mortal world? I don't think each side needs plenty of tie-ins to initial mortal activity when they could be forming a plot between themselves. Where's this idea coming from that because the mortals have got the first plot in the making no other plots can share the same time line?
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-22 at 06:59 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    but I would imagine that later plots would be mostly or entirely in the realm of the shinigami or arrancar.
    Some later plots. I'd like to see as much, if not more, action going on in the Mortal World for the Mortal World schoolkids as in Seretei or Huerco Muendo.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Wow this thread is moving fast now. Why don't we just assume the Shinigami/Arrancar/etc have their own plots running at the same the mortal plot is going on? Just because mortal characters have got a plot in the making ahead of other types doesn't mean they can't make their own or they can't run their own simultaneously. After all why is there a seireitei and a hueco mundo thread if all characters are restricted to the mortal world? I don't think each side needs plenty of tie-ins to initial mortal activity when they could be forming a plot between themselves.
    HIYA!!!! I pretty much think that this should wrap up that whole argument. Of course I will either be ignored or told that I am being ignorant but hey. I have now expressed my opinion, for whatever it may be worth.

In other news, if everyone keeps being nasty to each other, so help me, I swear I will unleash the Armadillos. And we all knwo that no one wants that.

Also. Due to Nico's Garganta abillity the Mortal kids will be capable of going to both the Seretai, and Hueco Mundo. Just to make sure that everyone knows.
    Last edited by XtheYeti; 2010-04-22 at 07:00 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

This is a solid plan. I like it.

@Innis: There are other low-powered characters besides the mortals. We have quite a few unseated or lower-seated Shinigami.

Perhaps several of them are on patrol, and your rogue Arrancar sends weaker Hollows to attack them? And this ends up happening while the kids are dealing with a purely random Wild Hollow attack (with perhaps a Grand Fisher type "behind it all"). That way, we can explain why Soul Society doesn't immediately swoop in to stop things.
    This was my suggestion for how Soshi can be all master-plot-y, and yet we still let the kids have their day.

Again, the Captains will only be somewhat "static". They're likely going to be pretty much at the pinnacle of their power, with only a bit of room for improvement. They're not going to be fighting in the action right away. But they will be helping make sure everything's running for the Gotei. Perhaps soon after start, they'll speculate on if there are plots afoot.

Kujo may be an enemy they face. Or maybe they'll fight Elder out in the wild somewhere; they can always get lucky, you know.

In other words, we're not proposing to shove any characters to the side. But we also don't want the kids being automatically upstaged, either.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    2. Then we don't need them to be player characters. If their just background characters, they can be NPC's. Espcially if their not going to make a major impact on the main plot. That would allow people to play lower teired characters without having to wait months for the plot to "catch up" to them. This would also remove the need to catch up to a certain power level, taking the idea of removing power creep one step further.

I'd feel more inclinded to bring up my issues if I wasn't either ignored or shouted down by a small minority and the whoel argument growing venomous when its only my intention to help make this whole thing work. As it stands, I -DO NOT- have issues with how this whole game is set up. Low powered games are great. For example, I prefer to play Dragon Blooded in Exalted merely because of the lower teir.

My issue is with the idea that the mortal's are the most important characters in the game, so other characters should be either ignored or placed on the back burner. I think the idea of "Main characters" goes against the idea of Free Form. If any of the other ITP games show, its more then possible to run multiple storylines to accomidate everyone. And thats what we should be doing. Everyone should be allowed to have a piece of the plot pie.

That was a major issue of the last game. People were either left behind, or because of slow posting totally lost in the plot, and had to drop. Shouldn't we want to avoid that in this game? Everyone has a right to contribute to the game, regardless of what they rolled up. This is a game to let people play what they want in the confines of the lore etc. We shouldn't punish people for their dicisions. We should work out plots so everyone is getting to do something at the same time other people are doing stuff. And those plots should be just as important to -those- characters as any other plot. Sure, there should be a meta-plot and sure, the mortal characters should take center stage. But the idea that other sides are static unmoving entities until the mortals show up defeats the idea of a living, breathing story.
    Innis, are deliberately misconstruing what I said? Because, it ticks me off.

The Captains are background, for now. Once the power scale gets to the point where they can begin interacting with the main plot without destroying it entirely, then they can begin taking part. Even so, they are still a huge part of the game, the movers and shakers of the world.

The Mortals are not the main characters of the Game Innis. But this is their plot line. They are the main characters of the plot we are discussing, because it is their plot. It sounds like a freaking tautology, but I don't know how to put it any more clearly.

And Innis, no one is speaking of 'punishing' anyone. But this game has a definite power scale. If characters are above that, they will have difficulties interacting with plotlines. Because their presence would be disruptive. If not allowing people to derail the plots with characters that do not fit the current aim of the plot, then yes, we will punish them. The good of the story as a whole must come before any one character, or player for that matter.

In closing, there can be other plots. There can be other plots right now. Suggest some, or work on them. Don't just complain.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Facts of (after)life:

1. The Seireitei (not this or that division, the Seireitei as a whole) does not care about every single mortal that might die. Dead mortals are actualy a good thing to the spirit world, to an extent.

2. The same applies to Las Noches and, for the fact, most other hollows. They shouldn't care for the mortal world any further than it is the source of their food.

What do these two mean? Other than the fact that your average captain or vice captain will never go down to the mortal world and even when they do they will go with 80% of their power sealed off. When captains, vice captains and espada are striding down to the mortal world, then there is big stuff happening.

Mediums fighting wild hollows? That's not big stuff. Should interest 12th division and whoever the science espada ends up being. But not much else.

Mortal World will be mainly the mortal's turf, with a few tethers linking them to the other planes at start (Reene, shinigami patrolers) but Las Noches and the Seireitei have two entire other dimensions to worry about. So lets ignore those two form the mortal world talk and think "what will be happening on those two other planes?" later.

One thing that I know will be happening? Von Geister will be hunting rebels. Like Elder.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

27. - Top - End - #237
    Banned

The Captains are background, for now. Once the power scale gets to the point where they can begin interacting with the main plot without destroying it entirely, then they can begin taking part. Even so, they are still a huge part of the game, the movers and shakers of the world.

The Mortals are not the main characters of the Game Innis. But this is their plot line. They are the main characters of the plot we are discussing, because it is their plot. It sounds like a freaking tautology, but I don't know how to put it any more clearly.

And Innis, no one is speaking of 'punishing' anyone. But this game has a definite power scale. If characters are above that, they will have difficulties interacting with plotlines. Because their presence would be disruptive. If not allowing people to derail the plots with characters that do not fit the current aim of the plot, then yes, we will punish them. The good of the story as a whole must come before any one character, or player for that matter.

In closing, there can be other plots. There can be other plots right now. Suggest some, or work on them. Don't just complain.
    Please stop being hostile.

Inis. Please stop being hostile.

Everyone, please. Can we act civilly?

28. - Top - End - #238

Some later plots. I'd like to see as much, if not more, action going on in the Mortal World for the Mortal World schoolkids as in Seretei or Huerco Muendo.
    I'm saying there needs to be a balance. Ideally, most plots will involve all of the factions, but it's not fair to deny people a chance to RP because their characters aren't in a specific group. Everyone needs to get a turn. If someone has a good idea for a plot that would exclude the mortal world people, then it should be pursued.

After all, everyone needs downtime, too.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2010-04-22 at 07:03 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, there's something I want to know about:

what happens with Shinigami having time off? Where do they go when they do?

I've only ever seen this addressed in fanfics (one hilarious Crack Fic about the CG being the real cause of global warming in particular). So... what do you think?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #240

No, I'm simply asking further questions on your line of reasoning. I suppose I simply don't see the reasoning for characters who "On hold" as far as plot goes being played.

The bolded is why I'm not particularly inclinded to bring up things I see as issues. They are generally boiled down "complaining". So, I won't bother bringing up any more so as to avoid precived whining.

The rest of the argument can drop, or not, I no longer have any desire to argue it if I'm just going to be told to stop complaining.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-04-22 at 07:04 PM.
    My Current Works