New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Banned

Default Re: Bleach Reborn OOC 3: Discussion

Also. Due to Nico's Garganta abillity the Mortal kids will be capable of going to both the Seretai, and Hueco Mundo. Just to make sure that everyone knows.

This in no way means that they have too. Just that they can move with relitive ease between the threads.

I intend for Nico to spend...a bit more time in Hueco Mundo...doing certain things...than the rest of the mortals...

BTW. This is my final warning. Everyone stop being insulting and pasive aggressive or the Dillo's are coming out.
    Last edited by XtheYeti; 2010-04-22 at 07:05 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    I'm saying there needs to be a balance. Ideally, most plots will involve all of the factions, but it's not fair to deny people a chance to RP because their characters aren't in a specific group. Everyone needs to get a turn. If someone has a good idea for a plot that would exclude the mortal world people, then it should be pursued.

After all, everyone needs downtime, too.
    This is a sure way to bog down events due to the sheer amount of people involved.

Any plot will involve anyone interested. Factions nonewithstanding. Personal relationships between characters are much mor eimportant than faction politics. If faction politics come to the forefront then it becomes a wargame and death becomes an statistic to be measured.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-04-22 at 07:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #243
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    This was my suggestion for how Soshi can be all master-plot-y, and yet we still let the kids have their day.
    Ah, yes. Missed that completly. That sounds more then fine to me. I don't even care if Soshi is "Master Plot-y" and didn't mean to insinuite he would be. He's more like Kujo in he prefers random acts over "Master Plot-y" plans to begin with.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    No, I'm simply asking further questions on your line of reasoning. I suppose I simply don't see the reasoning for characters who "On hold" as far as plot goes being played.

The bolded is why I'm not particularly inclinded to bring up things I see as issues. They are generally boiled down "complaining". So, I won't bother bringing up any more so as to avoid precived whining.

The rest of the argument can drop, or not, I no longer have any desire to argue it if I'm just going to be told to stop complaining.
    Innis, what are your questions then? State them, and I will do me best to answer them.

5. - Top - End - #245

Quote Originally Posted by XtheYeti View Post
    BTW. This is my final warning. Everyone stop being insulting and pasive aggressive or the Dillo's are coming out.
    This isn't helpful X...espcially because I wasn't trying to be either passive aggressive or insulting.

If your going to have these problems when a dicussion breaks out and gets a little serious, you might want to be the one taking a deep breath Its just a game. No one's really getting -upset-. And you shouldn't either.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-04-22 at 07:10 PM.
    My Current Works

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    You know, there's something I want to know about:

what happens with Shinigami having time off? Where do they go when they do?

I've only ever seen this addressed in fanfics (one hilarious Crack Fic about the CG being the real cause of global warming in particular). So... what do you think?
    Well. Masaru likes to read. He probably goes to restaurants and bars with Ryouichi.

Yoshi likes to read and write poetry. He likes calligraphy.

I'm sure there are gardens, and libraries, and restaurants, and bars, and game halls, and so on.

Perhaps, on a rare occasion, they climb in a gigai and visit the Mortal World. Enjoy the beach and all that.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

7. - Top - End - #247
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    This is a sure way to bog down events due to the sheer amount of people involved.

Any plot will involve anyone interested. Factions nonewithstanding. Personal relationships between characters are much mor eimportant than faction politics. If faction politics come to the forefront then it becomes a wargame and death becomes an statistic to be measured.
    A fair point. What I want to avoid is entire groups stagnating because they're not involved in a major arc.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Ude takes naps, flirts with pretty Shinigami in a halfhearted and mildly pathetic manner, gets drunk, and mooches off his friends and family.

9. - Top - End - #249

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    Innis, what are your questions then? State them, and I will do me best to answer them.
    My questions have been answered suitably. Captains and Espada are not important characters, and can have their own plots if the factions involved want them. Or not. I would propose my own idea's for said plots. But I don't actually have any characters in them, so really its not my place to raise the plots. The people in said factions should be the ones to do that first.

I'll add my idea's when said factions have stuff proposed.
    My Current Works

10. - Top - End - #250
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    This isn't helpful X...espcially because I wasn't trying to be either passive aggressive or insulting.

If your going to have these problems when a dicussion breaks out and gets a little serious, you might want to be the one taking a deep breath Its just a game. No one's really getting -upset-. And you shouldn't either.
    I am sorry, but the way I am reading your and Tacky as fighting. Not discussing.

However, the two of you have in your last 3 posts started to act civilly. I would prefer that any and all discussions are conducted in a civil manner. Since I personally have felt that people have a tendency to gang up, and shout down others.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

I suppose what I'm really asking is, can they visit the Mortal World when on leave?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Well. Masaru likes to read. He probably goes to restaurants and bars with Ryouichi.

Yoshi likes to read and write poetry. He likes calligraphy.

I'm sure there are gardens, and libraries, and restaurants, and bars, and game halls, and so on.

Perhaps, on a rare occasion, they climb in a gigai and visit the Mortal World. Enjoy the beach and all that.
    *Coughs*

Probably not often, unless they have a good reason to. But occasionally, just maybe.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

13. - Top - End - #253

You know, there's something I want to know about:

what happens with Shinigami having time off? Where do they go when they do?

I've only ever seen this addressed in fanfics (one hilarious Crack Fic about the CG being the real cause of global warming in particular). So... what do you think?
    Depends on the shinigami.

From my characters, Iwaki would spend most of his time reading, Hideuchi would be mostly training or bragging somewhere, and Damara learns new hobbies.

Allan considers all of his time to be time off, so he spends most of his time avoiding anyone of higher rank who disagrees with that assumption.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

I suppose what I'm really asking is, can they visit the Mortal World when on leave?
    There's a difference between downtime and leave. I assume if they asked for leave, and recieved approval to go to the mortal world from their Captain, there wouldn't be anything wrong with it.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

A fair point. What I want to avoid is entire groups stagnating because they're not involved in a major arc.
    Considering how we are always weaving plots over plots any character who is stagnated and plotless is likely to be that players own fault (or a new player being shy of joining in on the plots).

As for "faction stagnation"? The gods know the Seireitei in the current game could use some stagnation. It's one siege after the other. The greater peace is the perfect time to delve into personal problems.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #256

As for "faction stagnation"? The gods know the Seireitei in the current game could use some stagnation. It's one siege after the other. The greater peace is the perfect time to delve into personal problems.
    Well, that isn't the fault of anyone really except the plot weaves themselves.
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Allan considers all of his time to be time off, so he spends most of his time avoiding anyone of higher rank who disagrees with that assumption.
    Allan should come to the 4th Division. He and Ude appear to have the same ideas about work.

18. - Top - End - #258

Considering how we are always weaving plots over plots any character who is stagnated and plotless is likely to be that players own fault (or a new player being shy of joining in on the plots).
    Again, a fair point.

After all, everyone needs downtime, too.
    That comment wasn't just directed at the Mortal World group.

Allan should come to the 4th Division. He and Ude appear to have the same ideas about work.
    That might be funny.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2010-04-22 at 07:19 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259

Lets have everybody make their own pilot episode! It'll be like a back/origin story, only fun! And less likely to suck! (looks at Spiderman 1.)
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Lets have everybody make their own pilot episode! It'll be like a back/origin story, only fun! And less likely to suck! (looks at Spiderman 1.)
    Terry? Pilot = Backstory.

Done.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wow, I leave for supper and this happens. Why do you people always argue when I'm not around to join in?

Anyway, I just basically wanted to jump in and say that I have future plans with Kujo that will be focusing much more of the higher-powered characters. Or the Captains at the very least.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

22. - Top - End - #262

"Blast! Foiled again!"

"What are we gonna do tonight Brain?"

"The same thing we do every night Binky. Try and take over the world."

*Que Theme Music*

23. - Top - End - #263
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    "Blast! Foiled again!"

"What are we gonna do tonight Brain?"

"The same thing we do every night Binky. Try and take over the world."

*Que Theme Music*
    As you wish. You have been Qued.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    Wow, I leave for supper and this happens. Why do you people always argue when I'm not around to join in?

Anyway, I just basically wanted to jump in and say that I have future plans with Kujo that will be focusing much more of the higher-powered characters. Or the Captains at the very least.
    Ude will foil your plans!

He will sleep in late!

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of him: are there, in fact, any limits to what his zanpaktou can do?

...ideas I have range from the funny, to the weird, to the mildly horrific. Although the last category won't be permanent, a month of And I Must Scream is quite enough.

...heck, a day would still be traumatising, especially if the unfortunate didn't know it was only for a day.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-04-22 at 07:29 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

(And in case I worried you with that last post, given your mention of being all dramatic, that was a Joke Zarah. If you want to involve Ude, hit me with a PM. I'd love to see what Kujo has up his sleeve.)

27. - Top - End - #267

I had already planned out several ridiculous (And likely absurd) scenes involving Kaz, his inner hollow, and his zanpakuto.

The Main One:

The Zanpakuto and the Hollow date. (The Hollow is going to be a girl.) They break up. Then, later, in the middle of a fight, Kaz tries to put on his mask, and of course the Hollow won't let me.

"erm... What the hell are you doing?"

I won't allow myself to associate with that THING anymore!

"Can we discuss this later? Y'know, when I'm NOT GOING TO DIE?"

No! Me and Masamune are going to discuss this NOW mister!

meanwhile, the enemy stands by, looking bemused by the fact that his opponent's arguing with his own zanpakuto and yelling at himself.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ude will foil your plans!

He will sleep in late!
    Spoiler
    Show

Speaking of him: are there, in fact, any limits to what his zanpaktou can do?

...ideas I have range from the funny, to the weird, to the mildly horrific. Although the last category won't be permanent, a month of And I Must Scream is quite enough.
    Potentially, no. Granted, I'm a fair role-player so I won't be pulling cheap tactics against other characters left and right, but I want to keep everyone guessing. That goes for the players too.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

You should make a Rod of Wonder like table Zarah.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Potentially, no. Granted, I'm a fair role-player so I won't be pulling cheap tactics against other characters left and right, but I want to keep everyone guessing. That goes for the players too.
    See, if he fights against Izumi, I almost want him to pull something cheap like that.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.