New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Oceans of Legacy (IC)

Garen nodded, returning his hands to their folded position. "Ah, I see. Regardless, you strike me as a interesting and pleasant person. Perhaps we can remain acquaintances during the journey."
    Kaalia Verk avatar by Rauthiss.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Once Sigurd's recitation is over, Andromalia approaches him.

"That woz quite an epic tale what you told there. May I ask, d'you know any other stories abou' dragons?"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Taking a long drink of wine to heal his dry throat after that tale, the storyteller carefully climbs off the table and takes a seat, motioning toward a second chair if Andromalia wishes to do the same. His voice, when not being used to project a tale through the entire bar, is surprisingly quiet. "Yes, I know many. None of it firsthand experience, though, I'm sad to say."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    "Full many a wonder is told us in stories of old, of heroes worthy of praise, of hardships dire..."

And he launched into the tale of Sigurd the Dragonslayer, his own namesake, who felled the last red dragon on Farin, and in doing so rescued and won the respect of the silver dragonness Adalinda and wedded her, founding from their union the Einherjar clan. The story lasted for quite some time, but he didn't seem to grow weary of it; if anything, it seemed to quite invigorate him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on a perform check, for an 18. Sigurd's skill is technically Perform: Storytelling, but in his case, he generally tells stories through song/poems.
    "Now that's more like it!" Uukoo shouts merrily at the completion of the tale.
    Halfling healer avatar by Akrim.elf.

My sarcasm is never blue.

Personal stuff: The Diablo 2 game (DMing), BBCode syntax highlighter for KDE
    CharOp: Lists of Necessary Magic Items
    Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.

5. - Top - End - #65

AssassinGuy

Andromalia sits down, as well.

"Hm, yeah. I'd rather 'oped you'd maybe've talked to one before. Well, no matter. Know any legends about the deities, maybe?"
    Last edited by Iun; 2010-04-21 at 04:32 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Malon frowned, but left her chair and floated out the door along with the others. She'd arranged this job a while ago, but there was no telling whether the mortal she'd spoken to might simply forget her out of incompetence. It was best to make sure. Also, if the Duchess had already arrived, she might as well make herself comfortable on the boat itself.
    I don't mean to brag - it just sort of happens.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

The Thri-Kreen attempts to get a feel for those heading to the Silver Duchess. "What brings you to our ship?" the creature asks, looking away so that you can't tell whom it's addressing.
    Last edited by Lyndworm; 2010-04-23 at 01:28 PM.
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Sigurd seems to think for a moment, staring meditatively into his wine, before nodding. "Of course. I know the story of how Bahamut and Tiamat came to be enemies, and how Io created heaven and earth. I can tell you how the moon goddess Celestine chases the wicked sun chariot of Pelor across the sky every day, driving him below the horizon to let the earth recover from its heat at night. I know the names of all seven of Lilith's mortal husbands, and how Sammael stole Asmodeus's divinity, and caused him to be cast down. Why do you ask? Is there something in particular that you would know?"

9. - Top - End - #69

AssassinGuy

"Hmm, dunno. Anyfink about a god's birf would be 'elpful."
    Last edited by Iun; 2010-04-21 at 05:45 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hmm, the birth of a god. A rare event, to be sure, but it has happened. Sometimes a mortal ascends to divinity, but that tends to be rather obvious. Sometimes a god simply has a child, who is also a god; if you look back far enough, most of them are actually related. And I have heard, though I can't speak for the truth of the tale, that it's possible for a new god to spontaneously form out of nowhere when enough people believe in it."

11. - Top - End - #71

AssassinGuy

"Yeah, I've 'eard somefink like that before."

Andromalia seems to be lost in though for a moment, before she suddenly changes the subject.

"So, woss brought you 'ere? You also on your way to Pemrose?"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

"Still trying to figure that out. I'm currently unemployed, but I have enough stored away that I'm in no hurry. I suppose I'm just wandering around for now. What about you?"

13. - Top - End - #73

AssassinGuy

"Huh, same 'ere. Travellin' an' lookin' for... somefink, I guess. Next's Pemrose, an' beyond that I dunno."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, Pemrose does sound like as good a place as any, and I don't have any desire to stay here. Perhaps I'll also go."

15. - Top - End - #75

AssassinGuy

"It's as good as anyfink else."

Andromalia readjusts her cloak, the chainshirt underneath it clinking around, and checks for everything she didn't have stowed away on the ship already. Fishing out her last few copper pieces from her pockets, she stands up.

"I'd better be claimin' me bunk. Seems everyone what set foot in this pub today'll be on the ship. Oh, my name is Andromalia by the way."
    Last edited by Iun; 2010-04-21 at 07:00 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Darrius Wavebreaker, Merchant Extraordinaire!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Male NG Draconic Azurin Sea-Kin Soulblade//Incarnate, Level 3,
    Init +2
    HP 39/39, Speed 30 ft (Land), 30ft (Swim)
    AC 20 Touch 13, Flat-footed 18 (20)
    Fort +5, Ref +5+E, Will +5+E
    BAB/Grapple +3/+6
    Abilities Str 17, Dex 14, Con 17, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 16
    Condition Water Dependency (Day 1), DR 4/Magic, Uncanny Dodge
    Resistances
    Immunities Wisdom Damage or Drain, Enchantment (Charm)

Soulmeld Effects
    Essentia: 6-1. Capacity: 1, +1 Capacity Feat
    [1] Soulblade: +E Enhancement to Attack and Damage. For every 2 E gain a +1 Enchantment. Shape as a move action.
    Known Enchantments for the day: Sundering
    [1] Enigma Helm: Divination must make CL check vs DC 13 or fail. +E Enhancement on Will saves.
    [Bound]: Immunity to Enchantment (Charm) effects.
    [1] Astral Vambraces: DR/Magic of 2+2E
    [Bound]: Astral Construct Menu A Ability: Deflection (+1 AC)
    [1] Silvertongue Mask: +2+2E Insight to Bluff and Diplomacy
    [1] Impulse Boots: Uncanny Dodge. +E Enhancement on Reflex Saves

Incarnum Feats Capacity: 1
    [1] Sapphire Smite: +E uses of Smite per day and +E damage when Smiting.

Class Features
    Detect Good: At-Will
    Smite Evil: 5(+1)/day add +2 Attack and +10(+1) Damage against Evil.

The door pushes itself open and through the door some of those within catch sight of a man sitting outside. His skin gleams wit what might seem to be a holy radiance if there was just a touch less gold in it and his voice didn't carry with it the hint of the harsh tones of draconic. Between harsh clicks it can be gathered that he is not actually speaking, but rather directing an animal. The pig, whom had pushed at the door with a curious nose, leaves it be and waddles back over to its current owner, "Thatagirl. Too loud in there for the likes of ye, I'm sorry to say. Plus, the centaur is likely to step on you, and that is simply not god for profits or cleanliness."
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2010-04-21 at 07:17 PM.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Malon didn't answer the bug-man, though she did eye him with an interested look. She didn't think it had addressed her, especially not since she was trailing after the main group; he was an unusual creature, though, unlike any she had ever seen. Maybe... maybe he (or one of his kind, it didn't really matter) would make for a sufficiently exquisite gift for the dragon? Perhaps if it were gilded and jewel-encrusted? She'd have to observe it for a while longer, and the Duchess would be the perfect place for that.

18. - Top - End - #78

AssassinGuy

After she has paid, Andromalia leaves the pub only to stumble upon the fourth or fifth most unusual creature she has seen today - or ever, for that matter. And his pig.

"Aww, aintcha a cute fing. Does it have a name?"

Andromalia kneels down beside the pig and tries to pet it, while she takes a closer look at its owner. If you look carefully, you can see something moving under the back of her cloak.
    Last edited by Iun; 2010-04-21 at 07:35 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Cal said nothing as he led the group out of the Kraken's Tooth and pass two people standing around a pig. Cal was pretty sure Kick-itch-rash, or however the bugman said his name, wasn't talking to him.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2010-04-21 at 09:20 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Darrius

Craning his neck to look back towards the pig and the one now petting it the golden face of the draconic man seems warm and inviting. His voice loses many of its harsh qualities as he speaks, "Nay, the man from whom I bought it didn't think too hard about giving his animals names, and I between us I doubt he really did too much hard thinking at all, really. Hmm... call him Cross, err..." He leans back as if to look under the pig, "Aye, him, I think. You int'rested in buying a pig? I'm sure I can make you a fine deal." And then there is his smile, one hundred percent dragon in that smile, both bewitching and unnerving.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

21. - Top - End - #81

AssassinGuy

"Not kind enough, I fear. I'm kinda broke righ' now. But say," Andromalia asks, standing up again. "are ya by any chance also on your way to Pemrose?"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Darrius chuckles, "I suppose pigs aren't for everyone. Ah well, it'll eat scraps for me I guess and if worse comes to worse I have bacon for a week." He nods, "Aye, that I am. I've heard tell that someone I am looking for used to make port there fairly often. Then again, new port means new opportunities and I'm always got an eye peeled for a good trade. Nice cloak by the way. Hope you got a good deal on it. Heard tell round these parts that nice big cloaks like that go for quite a bit. Never have been able to understand it for the life of me. No use in the water and they attract dirt like nothing else. Well, I guess attractin' dirt is better than stares, but thats simply a matter of style. Gotta give people a show, after all."

And another one, a smile this time far too... human. Sitting as he was Lia would catch only half of it, but even then it was a genuine smile, a knowing smile. What exactly he knew or did not know was neither here nor there, as he hadn't really gotten a good look at her at all, but having a cloak and hood to begin with was telling enough.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Those of you outside
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you leave the Kraken's Tooth, a soft sea breeze blows past. The docks are filled with various workers going about their normal routines of loading and unloading cargo. Most other people have gone home for the night, including a couple drinkers and gamblers that left along with the rest of you.
    The Silver Dutchess is a bit over 10 feet away from the pier, suspended in the deep water. The powerful dhow seems to be made of fine ironwood and possesses no visible barnicles or simlar nautical stowaways. Two large sails flap gently in the evening breeze.
    In front of the dutchess, facing you all, is the boat's namesake. The boats silver figurehead takes the form of a young woman looking wistfully into the distance. Some say that the woman is Corica Farred, the first and last lawful ruler of Caerin.
    As you talk and observe the scenery, you notice nothing amiss until you hear a call in the distance: "KILL THOSE RATS!" Running down the pier towards you are a couple of sailors. The one in front is a human who bears a wild main of black hair and a matching beard, grasping a rapier in one hand. Behind him is another human, a bald one with darker skin who wears a bandana on his head and holds a pistol.
    Looking down, you notice a good five rats in the area, each one about a foot long all of which seem to be on fire, not that they seem to mind. Judging by some loud screaming from the pub behind you, some of them have already slipped by.

Lyndworm/Lizard Lord:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You recognize the scream as being that of the Dutchess' first mate, Ergin Worv. Ergin is the man with the wild hair and rapier.
    The other man, armed with a pistol, is the Dutchess' captain, Levin Thompson

Those of you still inside
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once the supposed recruiter for the Silver Dutchess leaves with his recruits, a couple of other patrons take their leave as well. Two of the drunkards stumble out along with three of the would-be gamblers. The musician, having long since stopped to hear a superior performer, opens the door to leave when a few rats burst into the room, scattering about.
    Normally, this wouldn't be much of a problem. Unfortunately, each one is about a foot long and on fire. As one of them ignites the carpet that it rests on and another singes the table is sits upon, the bartender draws out his musket and loads a bullet, bellowing.
    "For the love of... Somebody help me squash these things!"
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2010-04-22 at 03:21 AM.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Malon frowned, and raised herself slightly from the ground, well above the rats' feeble reach. She wasn't sure if it would be worth wasting any of her magic for the day on mere vermin, however - even if they did seem like they needed to cool down.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Aye Sir!" Cal yells as he pulls out his cutlass.

If I can move and be in a flanking position with against a rat I will do so. Otherwise Cal will simply charge at the nearest rat.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2010-04-22 at 12:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Square N10, attacking N9:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Power Attack Roll" - (1d20+5)[14]
    "Power Attack Damage Roll" - (2d6+10)[17]
    OOC: I have no idea whether or not that's a hit. The +2 flanking bonus should help...

In one swift motion, Audr has her greatsword out'n'swingin! A huge diagonal sweep from above her right shoulder towards the Ash Rat... as it ducked to her left, into the blind spot from her missing eye...
    Last edited by whoiam; 2010-04-22 at 04:46 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

In one smooth motion, the creature called Chrak leaps into the air, draws the strange crescent weapons off of his pack, and lands atop one of the rats. Suddenly those blades don't seem so much odd as efficient.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions -

As a Move action, draw weapons and Jump into square J-10. As a Standard action, attack with primary crescent sword at -3/+6 Power Attack.

Attack Roll:
    (1d20+7)[20](27) threatens a Crit

Damage Roll:
    (2d8+13)[5][5](23) x2 = 46

Jump check (mostly a formality):
    (1d20+50)[19](69) (not a typo)

Also, if RoC deems it appropriate Chrak takes falling damage. As Chrak wouldn't attempt to fall more than 6-7 feet, I don't think this is necessary. However, it is a DM call.
    Last edited by Lyndworm; 2010-04-22 at 04:04 AM.
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20+9)[18]
    Damage if I hit: (1d6+4)[6]

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    I realize I should add in sneak attack just in case I managed to flank. Though I don't think I need to. (2d6)[11]

Edit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cal will move to n8 behind n9 so that him and Audr will be flanking, then attack.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2010-04-22 at 04:30 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Tetelo has been watching with bemusement the various antics of the weird, weird group of people, one eyebrow lifted as she sips her drink.
    Then the flaming rats burst in. The half-fey eyes the monsters. On fire. Feral.
    And she decides to wait for others to engage their attention first; no sense in attracting their particular ire.

After a few stout lads have engaged the rats inside, Tetelo raises her hands, and speaks a short phrase, a greeting in the Aquan language, Creating Water to put out the worst of the fire started; the animalskin rug. If the rat gets splashed as well? Merely a bonus. If the person fighting the rat gets splashed as well? Merely an amusing bonus.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?