New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546
Results 1,351 to 1,374 of 1374
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Oceans of Legacy (IC)

"Thank you Cal, I'll be in the hold resting if anyone needs me," she says after having her stew.

Heading down there she tosses a blanket over her flank, and closes her eyes but open's them when Cal comes down to read. "It's ok, I don't mind at all if you read down here. It would be nice for the company." She lets him read in peace though.

When Audr arrives, she starts to get the idea in her mind that her private hold isn't going to be as quiet as she thought. Though when Cal orders her up on deck she nods, saying, "Yes sir." And she gets up, tosses the blanket off her and heads up to the top deck to take command.
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

"Say that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving."
    —The Forestmaster, Dragons of Autumn Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show

Hugs For The Hug God! Cuddles For The Cuddle Throne!!!! - Jacklu

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Audr and Cal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen checks, please.

Uukoo:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can smell something simply fantastic... To be more accurate, you detect the terrible odor of something simply fantastic. Among the odors of your unwashed comrades and wafting aroma of alcohol, you have picked out the unique scent of Orcish Urquosh, real alcohol! The scent seems to be coming from Cook's improvised kitchen while in front of you, you can see that the woman you're watching has gone up to talk to your employer (or at least the Legacy's employer), stealing him away from a conversation with the draconic trader.

Please make a sense motive check.
    If you want to eavesdrop, make a listen check as well.

Darrius:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The gnome nods with a smile and carries on, "I didn't get a chance to talk to you in person but my wife told me that you asked about a man named Cross. Well, as it just so happens-"

The pirate woman, Emilia, walks up to the gnome and bends over to whisper something into his ear. The gnome's eyes briefly widen before his brow furrows a bit. "Pardon me, kind sir. We'll have to put this chat on hold for now." Grimwick and Emilia both move over near a small group of particularly noisy sailors.

Please make a sense motive check.
    If you want to eavesdrop, make a listen check as well.

Cal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reading through the book, it is clear that it is a sensationalized but if it is true at all, this book might be a bit informative. In the book, Jagi got into the hidden cavern (the same one that you discovered, it would seem) with little trouble and (much like you) ran into very little opposition as he ran through the lair.
    Well, at least until he ran into Pyrothraxis, who was sitting upon his trove of treasure. Rather than slaying Jagi on the spot, Pyrothraxis decided to play a game with him. To give Jagi a sporting chance, the dragon allowed him to take any number of items from its horde. The only condition was that before Jagi could take any item, Pyrothraxis must be allowed to take a bite out of him. After the first bite, Jagi didn't take any visible items but instead insisted on looking through the huge pile of gold upon which the dragon sat. Though the gold was largely melted together (somethign again that you experienced firsthand, forcing you to take a large lump of gold and small rubies) and the dragon threatened him frequently, there was no time limit for this search and Jagi pierces through the pile over the course of days until a stash of powerful items became visible. Unwilling to break the rules of his own game, Pyrothraxis allowed Jagi to arm himself with the Dragon's most powerful possessions before using boots of teleportation when he realized that he couldn't take another bite.
    By all appearance, Jagi had won that encounter with the mighty dragon. Even so, other than a single cry of dispair from Pyrothraxis after Jagi has already left, the dragon never seems particularly angry, always with a large grin on his face even when threatening Jagi's life.

Garen:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see Emilia talking to Grimwick down below deck amongst the crew. Thankfully, everyone has been leaving you in peace since the Legacy has taken off. You've actually discovered a few places where you could remain hidden on-board the ship, in case you should need to change your form.
    1. There are small hidden areas formed simply by crates and hanging sacks used to hold supplies both by the bow and stern of the lower level. Unless someone it standing right in front of you, you'd be pretty hidden there.
    2. Most of the hold is unlit and filled with a bunch more hiding spots, although it has apparantly been designated as the centaur's room and you don't have a valid reason for being there.
    3. Below the bowsprit is a thin ledge running along the entire exterior bow of the ship that looks wide enough to stand on if you want some place that nobody would ever think to check.
    4. Between the upper and lower decks is a small empty area that you might be able to squeeze though if you crawl (only reachable via the stairway), a decent place to disappear thought you'd have a harder time explaining why you were there than almost anywhere else.

Fayd:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking under the waves... you can actually see something. It takes awhile to realize that you're looking at it but even though the water is pitch-black in the darkness, you think that you can see an even deeper darkness down within it, a silhouette in at least the rough shape of a humanoid floating just beneathe the surface.

Sasha:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Emerging onto the deck, you see that dark clouds have blocked out most (but not all) of the stars this night and that a strong southern wind is blowing. A somewhat familiar human is currently at the wheel, having difficulty keeping the boat on track.

Feel free to make a Survival check to see if you are still on course with a special +2 bonus from synergy with profession (sailor).

The strong wind will probably slow down the ship for awhile unless you make a profession (sailor) check to compensate. Depending on the orders that you give the crew (if any), you may gain additional bonuses from aid another.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2010-11-20 at 12:29 PM.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

Darrius

"-a, b- -nrrg." The sea-kin very nearly folds in on himself from the strain of having the name dropped and then the dropper so suddenly pulled away. The only outward sign, luckily, is a twitch of the eye and some quiet fumbling of words.

Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive: (1d20+7)[13]

Listen: (1d20+2)[3]
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

Fayd knows that what he is about to do might be incredibly foolish, but the thought of getting closer to Riya forces him to take the risk. The healer grabs a nearby rope and ties it to the railing before he climbs down the hull with it as silently as possible. He stops a feet or two above the water and takes a closer look at the being, creating some light by carefully exhaling small flames. His heart beats fast and hard, desperate hope forcing itself back into his mind.

If it's the being that saved him, he quietly let's himself glide into the water.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2010-11-20 at 02:31 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    Is what the dragon did to him a game, or was the book wrong about Pyrothraxas not getting angry? Or perhaps he was just angry that Cal didn't play the game. If it was a game Cal did not understand how the monster played it with him. Did Cal break the rules without knowing it? One thing Cal believed about that story is that the stronger of Pyrothraxas' items is inside that melted pile of gold.

Listen Check: (1d20-1)[18]
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2010-11-20 at 08:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler
    Show
    Should I be making a listen check? Despite the parting thought, Audr is following Sasha up to the deck - she's on duty as well, after all.

"Listen" - (1d20+5)[19]

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Fayd: Climbing down towards the water, the flames you exhale seem to disperse whatever shadows were just down there, stopping the faint music at the same time.

Audr/Cal: As Audr climbs out of the hold, both she and Cal hear a faint noise coming from one corner of the room, near a pile of crates.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

Fayd curses silently as he climbs back up. Already, the what-ifs start to plague him and probably will for some time. Once on deck, he unties the rope again and stares onto the ocean for a while, too upset to eat anything right now.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Audr

"That's odd," Audr notes to herself, as her exit to the upper deck halts half-way. And reverses, the Viking dropping back into the hold with all the grace you'd expect of someone wearing plate.

That is, none at all.

A quiet curse follows as she turns first to Cal (looking to see if he felt like taking the lead) then to the corner in question. A hand back on the sword-hilt (it was a better choice than the spear if she was jumped at close quarters), and Audr began to advance towards the noise...

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

Quickly Sasha assumes command of the night watch, she takes heading and speed readings, and then orders the crew to tack the sails, changing their position to better make use of the wind. Her hooves make a soft clip clop sound as she makes her rounds on the deck, checking into things making sure that everyone is working as they should and not lolly gagging around.

(Survival) (1d20+8)[27]
    (Sailor) (1d20+7)[23]

(I have dark vision in case it matters to see any crew not working to the best of their abilities)
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

"Say that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving."
    —The Forestmaster, Dragons of Autumn Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show

Hugs For The Hug God! Cuddles For The Cuddle Throne!!!! - Jacklu

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Raising an eyebrow at the noise Cal will draw his sword and move towards the crates at on opposite angle to Audr. If there is something there and it is not just Cal hopes to flank it.

When Cal thinks the viking is ready he will push the crates aside to reveal what is behind them.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

In the Hold: An old, hunchbacked woman is sitting behind one of the crates, wearing a long purple robe and silently looking from Cal to Audr and back as she licks her own gums.

Up on Deck: Taking control fo the ship with ease, Sasha manages to line herself up with the few remaining stars yet visible and compensate for the wind and then some, allowing the ship to make up for lost time.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Audr

Drawing her spear (since the old woman didn't appear to be pouncing), Audr rested the haft against the deck, wrapped one arm around the shaft and leaned against it. With her free hand, she removed her eyepatch and stared at the old woman, a tiny speck of light glowing deep in the socket.

Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Evil, naturally

"Your face does not seem familiar. Who are you, and why are you in this cargo hold?"

Probably Garen playing around...

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Cal relaxes his position a bit, though he does not sheathe his sword. "Oh good a stowaway. It is nice to deal with a more mundane problem for once. Well Ms. Stowaway, I suggest you speak up. The more you cooperate the more lenient the captain will be with you."

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Troll in the Playground

Uukoo salivates in the way only those whose lips don't cover their poorly matched teeth can salivate. The hot, salty smell of the Urquosh is nearly intoxicating on its own.

"No, I have a job. And a purpose! But maybe just one...", he mutters to himself, trying his best to keep his eyes on the person he should be watching.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive check: (1d20-2)[5]
    Listen check: (1d20-2)[11]
    Halfling healer avatar by Akrim.elf.

My sarcasm is never blue.

Personal stuff: The Diablo 2 game (DMing), BBCode syntax highlighter for KDE
    CharOp: Lists of Necessary Magic Items
    Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

In the Hold:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The old woman looks around the area a bit curiously as she licks her lips absent-mindedly. Never turning to face you directly, the woman says, "They called me Angelica, I think. I... I'm looking for someone..."

Below Decks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Uukoo hears a few words, though there's a great deal being missed (including who's saying what) due to the crowd.

"What... here?"
    "...caught...but...so far"
    "Don't...me...with you...done..."

Suddenly, the chatter down below decks comes to a halt as people seem to be forming a circle around something... or someone. "IT'S COMING!" screams a pained voice from the center of the circle "IT'S COMING!" Everyone kind of stops to look at each other and a few men slowly walk up on deck to see what's going on. Every few moments, the voice screams its warning once more.

Up on Deck:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Another ship has appeared in the distance off the starboard. It seems to be moving in your general direction.
    Fayd:Make a spot check.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2010-12-05 at 10:55 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Who are you looking for? If you are looking for them on this ship than it concerns me greatly."

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

In the hold:Angelica slowly nods her head as she closes her eyes as if to focus, "I'm looking for... a woman, a bit tall and slender... human but... not quite human... bit of a self-centered and... magical, she was magical and she... I... heard that she was getting hired on this ship"

On Deck: The other ship is getting closer. Either it doesn't see you or it is trying to ram right into you.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Audr
    "If there's one thing that worries me more than people being hunted on this ship, it's people who match my description being hunted on this ship. Do you know any additional details?"

Which is probably as close as anyone had ever gotten to hearing Audr admitting to being a bit... well, self-centered. Still, the fact that she'd think of herself that way held out the hope that one day, many years from now, she might eventually get better...

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

Remembering the last time a ship moved directly towards their own, Fayd goes over to Sasha. While seeming strangely calm, he looks tired and haunted at the same time. "Should we start evasive maneuvers or ready the cannons, ma'am?" Fayd asks respectfully, acknowledging Sasha's new (and rightfully deserved) rank.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Audr is the only women in the Legacy's crew that can cast spells. If she is not the one you seek then you have either been misinformed or I regret to tell you the woman has perished."

Cal's face was stern at first but had went soft when he thought of those that had recently died at the hands of the Redwave pirates. He returned to giving the stern looks only a few seconds later, however. Whatever her reason for coming here, she was a free loading castaway. It was likly that Cal will soon report her to the captain.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2010-12-11 at 05:43 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Audr
    "Considering how many of the beings of legend could take the guise of one old and harmless if it suited them, and the unliklihood of people searching for me, specifically, on an island I have yet to visit - who know of my grandmother's indiscretion - I was hoping to get a few more answers out of her before admitting that there were no other candidates.

So I want it on record that if she does annihilate me, I blame you.
    "

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Yet it is interesting that she made no mention of an eye patch in the description. Whatever the case, I just wish to get this matter settled. If she does want to kill you, well there is a boat full of us and only one of her."

Cal then turns to Angelica. "So speak up! Is the one you seek a viking named Audr? If so what do you want with her?"
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2010-12-15 at 01:06 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Troll in the Playground

Uukoo does his best keeping his eyes on his charge, the new ship on the horizon, and trying not to make it show how confused he is, his meager attention span being stretched to his limits.

However, those listening closely can still hear him muttering... "so many things to think about... how do they do it? I only have two eyes!"
    Halfling healer avatar by Akrim.elf.

My sarcasm is never blue.

Personal stuff: The Diablo 2 game (DMing), BBCode syntax highlighter for KDE
    CharOp: Lists of Necessary Magic Items
    Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.