New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Play: MSPaint Adventure: GenGame!

>Browse through INVENTORS INVENTORY to see how many CLOCKWORK MINIONS you can build to help you out
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #572
    Colossus in the Playground

> The LOUDSPEAKER in the corner would make a great MECHANIC'S CHAPEAU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    > Build PRETENTIOUS ART just to enjoy breaking it. (Also to gain PRETENSION POINTS)
    Meh, the Influx of MONIES and Scrap Metal Coming from a Dispenser is Far more important than any amount of PRETENSION POINTS.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

4. - Top - End - #574
    Firbolg in the Playground

> REPROGRAM MOM
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos 51-50 View Post
    Meh, the Influx of MONIES and Scrap Metal Coming from a Dispenser is Far more important than any amount of PRETENSION POINTS.
    Creating the Sculpture gives you PRETENSION POINTS only if you then call it Art. If you destroy it immedietally afterwards, it starts filling up your MADNESS METER, which is an important mechanic for all the Science-based classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Creating the Sculpture gives you PRETENSION POINTS only if you then call it Art. If you destroy it immedietally afterwards, it starts filling up your MADNESS METER, which is an important mechanic for all the Science-based classes.
    Well, now you're thinking the Long-Game, which I like, but if you spend all your STARTING METAL filling the MADNESS METER, then you won't be able to build the items which increase your survivability, like the ANTI-MECHA MECHA. Remember that building a DISPENSER takes 65% of your STARTING METAL. You simply NEED a Dispenser to have any sort of staying power.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Well, now you're thinking the Long-Game, which I like, but if you spend all your STARTING METAL filling the MADNESS METER, then you won't be able to build the items which increase your survivability, like the ANTI-MECHA MECHA. Remember that building a DISPENSER takes 65% of your STARTING METAL. You simply NEED a Dispenser to have any sort of staying power.
    True, a DISPENSER is too important for early game, besides, we have a Spy in the party, which means good chance of getting additional info once the tutorial ends. We should be able to find THINGS MAN WAS NOT MEANT TO KNOW early on. If we do, we'll have no trouble filling up our Madness Meter, Especially if we get lucky and the TMWNMTK teaches us how to build Debased Creations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

8. - Top - End - #578
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shouldn't we set up any vital permanent structures in the MechanoFortress' Mechanomesne Control Chamber? I think finding it should be our first order of business. From there, we can access the MechanoFortress GoldenControl Throne.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

i still say building a small army of CLOCKWORK MINIONS would be the best corse of action. they have their own power sorce, can do preity much anything you ask of them, have interchangeable parts, and can effectively take care of the fortress while the group is away. not to mention we could arm them with SM's BOXING ARMS to give them an extra kick punch.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-06-21 at 10:10 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

Psh. The best use of CLOCKWORK MINIONS is giving them the SELF-SAME BANE upgrade so they can totally murder other foes with the MECHANICAL trait for the SCRAP METAL.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

Psh. The best use of CLOCKWORK MINIONS is giving them the SELF-SAME BANE upgrade so they can totally murder other foes with the MECHANICAL trait for the SCRAP METAL.
    and what is the fortress currently populated with? that’s right, MECHANICAL ROGUES.

and if we give ourselves the QUEENAL Q-AINIUM* upgrade, then we can act as the focus for the CLOCKWORK HIVE MIND, and transform the entire fortress into a CLOCKWORK NEST. Though doing that would reduce most of out STATS to fairly worthless.

** pronounced "Cranium" like the brain
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-06-21 at 10:21 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    and what is the fortress currently populated with? that’s right, MECHANICAL ROGUES.

and if we give ourselves the QUEENAL Q-AINIUM* upgrade, then we can act as the focus for the CLOCKWORK HIVE MIND, and transform the entire fortress into a CLOCKWORK NEST. Though doing that would reduce most of out STATS to fairly worthless.

** pronounced "Cranium" like the brain
    And the possibility of a Super-high-level DISPENSER with the TELESCRAP UPGRADE in our MECHANO-FORTRESS doesn't appease you? We can always create CLOCKWORK MINIONS later, although I personally think POINT DEFENSE DRONES are the better idea, because they boost our survivability exponentially.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

And the possibility of a Super-high-level DISPENSER with the TELESCRAP UPGRADE in our MECHANO-FORTRESS doesn't appease you? We can always create CLOCKWORK MINIONS later, although I personally think POINT DEFENSE DRONES are the better idea, because they boost our survivability exponentially.
    Might also be worth investing in the ALLOY ENHANCER on our DISPENSER to boost the ARMOUR and EFFICIENCY ratings on everything we build- though maybe that's getting into mid-game tactics...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

POINT DEFENSE DRONES arent as flexible as CLOWKWORK MINIONS though, for one thing they cant move, and really all they can do is shoot stuff, cant carry your bags or clean the floors for you.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #585
    Troll in the Playground

POINT DEFENSE DRONES arent as flexible as CLOWKWORK MINIONS though, for one thing they cant move, and really all they can do is shoot stuff, cant carry your bags or clean the floors for you.
    On the other hand, by the mid-game, you can mount a pair of POINT DEFENCE DRONES as SHOULDER-TURRET WEAPONS on a STOMPTROOPER- though you really want to maximise AMMO CAPACITY before doing this. Trust me, the combination of 2 POINT DEFENCE GATLINGS with the HEAVY ASSAULT RIFLE WITH BAYONET UPGRADE, and the CHEST-MOUNTED GRENADE LAUNCHER is pretty deadly, and that's without adding the TOE-KNIVES and giving it the CYBERNETIC NINJA SKILL SET.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ettin in the Playground

> Browse through INVENTORS INVENTORY to see how many CLOCKWORK MINIONS you can build to help you out.

According to one of the INTERNET GUIDES you've read, a couple CLOCKWORK MINIONS early in the game can pretty much handle the entire TUTORIAL on their own, letting you spend your time on more important stuff. Unfortunately, while you have enough SCRAP METAL to make a basic CLOCKWORK CRAWLER, you don't have any CORES, which are needed for any kind of MINION.

> Decide you NEED A DISPENSER HERE.
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2010-06-22 at 07:18 PM.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ettin in the Playground

> Decide you NEED A DISPENSER HERE.

Fortunately, an even better INTERNET GUIDE recommends getting a DISPENSER early on instead for the juicy stream of SCRAP METAL it produces. Since a DISPENSER is a MACHINE, it doesn't use any CORES, though it does still use up a COMMAND SLOT.

You build one DISPENSER, leaving you with only 3 SCRAP METAL and one COMMAND SLOT open, though you don't have enough SCRAP METAL right now to fill that with anything.

> MG: Squeal with glee as you notice the DISPENSER is mobile, then nip downstairs, towards the plentiful ROGUE CORPSES your allies left behind. Dub it your LOOT ROOM and get to LOOTING.
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2010-08-27 at 04:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Colossus in the Playground

> DISPENSER: DISPENSE useful advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ettin in the Playground

>Wait for enough SCRAP METAL, then BUILD a LONG-RANGE MULTIDIMENSIONAL TRANSMITTER and CONTACT VIRTUAL CTHULU, hopefully increasing your MADNESS METER high enough to build a FLESH GOLEM
    Pity we aren't high enough level to learn BUILD DIMENSIONAL PORTAL.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2010-06-22 at 07:32 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

20. - Top - End - #590
    Troll in the Playground

-Wait for the DISPENSER to dispense a CORE, then build a CLOCKWORK MINION.
    Part of YugiohITP

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

> Go downstairs and search for ROGUES, salavge SCRAP METAL and CORES from any ROGUE CORPSES you find/kill
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #592
    Troll in the Playground

> Go downstairs and search for ROGUES, salavge SCRAP METAL and CORES from any ROGUE CORPSES you find/kill
    I disagree, your main combat strength is in mechanised minions, so it's important to have at least one before you advance... Besides, some of the rooms in the tutorial can generate variable numbers of rogues- and you need to take precautions in case of a swarm.
    Part of YugiohITP

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ettin in the Playground

> MG: Squeal with Glee as you notice the DISPENSER is mobile, then nip downstairs, towards the plentiful ROGUE CORPSES your allies left behind. Dub it your LOOT ROOM and get to LOOTING.
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2010-06-23 at 04:59 AM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

>Loot everything lootable
    Truth resists simplicity.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    I disagree, your main combat strength is in mechanised minions, so it's important to have at least one before you advance... Besides, some of the rooms in the tutorial can generate variable numbers of rogues- and you need to take precautions in case of a swarm.

which is what im trying to do. we cant make minions until we get CORES, and the dispenser only provides us with SCRAP METAL and AMMO for gun-users. SM and BH left a whole ton of ROGUE corpses lying around downstairs (but we don’t know that) so we can salvage their cores, and use the scrap metal from them and the dispenser to build CLOCKWORK MINIONS
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

> Loot everything lootable, plus all the hidden bits that people miss on their first run through the tutorial.

You want to make sure you get all the achievements before leaving!
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ettin in the Playground

which is what im trying to do. we cant make minions until we get CORES, and the dispenser only provides us with SCRAP METAL and AMMO for gun-users. SM and BH left a whole ton of ROGUE corpses lying around downstairs (but we don’t know that) so we can salvage their cores, and use the scrap metal from them and the dispenser to build CLOCKWORK MINIONS
    And it heals HEALTH with the YUMMY RED JUICE upgrade, and it provides CORES with the APPLE A DAY upgrade.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

And it heals HEALTH with the YUMMY RED JUICE upgrade, and it provides CORES with the APPLE A DAY upgrade.
    both of wich we cant get untill level 3 and 5 repsectively. even then the CORES are limited to one a day, three if you get the APPLE TREE bonus
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ettin in the Playground

> MG: Squeal with glee as you notice the DISPENSER is mobile, then nip downstairs, towards the plentiful ROGUE CORPSES your allies left behind. Dub it your LOOT ROOM and get to LOOTING.

Oh man, it's got a little twirly bit and if hovers and follows you around and everything! You remember reading all the complaints were making that the DISPENSER was COMPLETELY IMMOBILE. There must have been some patch recently that changed that. You can't help but wonder what other SURPRISING GOODIES lie in store for you that came with the most recent patch.

You feel like a kid in a candy store! Or maybe someone who plays a game without spending weeks researching it beforehand!

Your glee is tempered however with the lack of LOOT, at least in this first room. This ROGUE must not have dropped a CORE, you guess. Oh well, there's sure to be plenty of CORES in the next room, which noobs complain endlessly about but pros have dubbed the "LOOT ROOM". Pros like you.

> Loot everything lootable.
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2010-08-27 at 04:23 PM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ettin in the Playground

> Loot everything lootable.

AAAAGH! WHATS GOING ON THERE'S NOTHING HERE. Nothing but DEAD ROGUES, which are useless to you, at least until you can get the SALVAGE SHOP up and running. You find it unlikely that not a single one of these ROGUES dropped a CORE, which means that your WORTHLESS ALLIES must have picked them all up. Don't they know CORES are worthless for their classes?!

Looks like you're stuck with what you've got for now.

> Check in game data on the MOST RECENT PATCH.
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2010-08-27 at 04:22 PM.