New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation - What Shall Be (IC)

Solaron, The Void

"We agree that the mortals are not mere toys, they are things which need to be taught, nurtured and protected against that which they cannot defend themselves against. Surely you can agree with me that the mortals need a Sun again. Though they can create light on their own, this artificial light can replace the wholesomeness of the Sun Which Was. The plants cannot thrive off of this artificial construct. Without them, the world will perish. The world needs a Sun, for the sake of all things that live on the world below."

"As for my brother, he is but newly formed and I am sure his first clumsy attempts at helping mortals shall become refined over time. He seeks to restore the Sun as much as I do. I know that he has great potential for good, and i will help guide him in more constructive uses of his powers."

"I believe i know a way to create a New Sun. One whioch will bless and nurture those below even more fully than the One Which Was. What i plan will take some time, though, and require much power from me and my brother. I ask if you would aid us in our endeavor."

The great prismatic dragon extends a claw in friendship.

Milronas the Solar, Despair

Milronas was despondent. Heliopolis was lost. His lord was slain, betrayed by one who should have known better and destroyed by creatures so dark that he dares not describe them, even to himself. His brothers were gone, eaten by the same monster that had left the land in darkness. He found himself wandering amongst dark hills, alone in his grief, feeling that the land itself here was overflowing in anguish. This matched his mood and the two fed off of each other.

A bright flash of light broke him out of his narcissistic despondency long enough to notice something strange right in front of him. There was a dragon just ahead, a beast whose shape was not unfamiliar to him, but this one was different from others he had encountered before. First of all, this one was enormous, far bigger than any other dragon he had encountered before. Secondly, it looked nothing like any other dragon he had seen before. This one was a shimmering patchwork of every hue he had ever seen or imagined, and the colors shone with iridescent beauty, shifting about hypnotically. It shone with a light that must be born from within the creature itself, since there was nothing but gloom in the surrounding country. Thirdly, it was conversing with a goblin in kind overtones, speaking to them gently and quietly, seeming to encourage them, even though they could not understand what the creature was saying. As he approached the creature, he felt a sense of rightness he had not felt since the siege on Heliopolis had begun. When he was close enough that the creature's light shone off of his golden body, the goblins noticed him and scattered in fear. The multicolored dragon turned around and said to him with a large, loud voice like a rainbow, "Greetings, fellow creature of Light. I sense that you have lost your way, and have fallen to sorrow since the death of the Sun and the One who had created it. Do not give in to Despair! I come from a new Creator, Lord Solaron, Born from the Sun Which Was. He has come into the world to redeem it, and he shall restore the Light and Hope to the world. I come seeking those who would help him in his endeavor. Will you serve him and be renewed with a Purpose again?"

Spoiler
    Show
    okay, i think that's going to be the only time a prismatic says more than a sentence or two. that took way too long to do.

Milronas felt another new thing deep within his heart that he had thought gone forever: hope. Could it be that this creature spoke the truth? The all hope was not lost? His lord may be dead, but there are others who have taken up his mantle. He will serve alongside this new creature, and present himself to this Solaron and pledge his service. "Tell me more of this Lord Solaron. If he has a plan to restore the Sun, I and my fellow Angels of Light who are now wandering this land shall surely help you in your mission."

He and the dragon departed together for the Shining Lands, so that he could meet this new god for himself. On the way over, he asks his new companion, "What is your name, colorful one?" "Roygbv" the creature answered.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2010-06-16 at 04:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Mountains of Hope

The Silver Dragon was dying and it knew it. Long abandoned by its original creator, it had lived a full life, and yet it wanted more. It really was unfair, unlike most of the other races, the dragons lived for centuries, and yet here it was, old weak and dying, and now, the loss of the sun had sealed its fate. As it prepared to breath its last, the dragon let out a prayer to whom ever would listen.

"Greetings..."

Unfortunately, someone did happen to listen...

"Ah, you need not talk... I see what your problem is. Fortunately for you, I happen to have the remedy for your situation. What a sad fate you mortals have... even powerful ones such as you. Where are your gods now? Either missing, or up there destroying your very way of life."

"However, I have an alternative solution. I offer you the gift of mastery over death! Oh... come now... do not look at me like that. There is no joy in being like the mindless ones, nor would I ever dream of reducing such a magnificent beast into one. No... I shall go beyond that, and give you authority over the lesser ones. Like puppets shall they dance to every command you give them. I shall give you life... and I shall give you power... do you agree?"

Seeing that the dragon was agreeing to his terms, the god of Death touches the dragon, and its transformation was instant. Scales and flesh giving way to bones as the dragon joined the ranks of the Living Dead.

"Very well... here is my charge. Far from here, lies the land whom mortals refer to as Despair. I have seen the land with my own eyes, and how it has been reduced to a mockery of its former glory. I seek to reclaim what is rightfully mine, and you shall be my agent. Here is my command; reclaim Despair from the living... subjugate them, purge them... do as you will. The Living Dead will be yours to command, and soon, I shall send more of your kind to aid you."

And so, the newly born Dracolich rose to the sky, and flying low over Hope, to signal that the dead never rest, it made its way to Despair. Seeing his work complete, the god of Death vanished to raise more to his cause.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC
    AP 1= 2-1, Create Sub-race, Dracoliches
    Last edited by Shmee; 2010-06-16 at 07:53 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Ichmod, Void

"Hohohohoho. That sounds like a great idea friend! I am in!"

Ichmod did a little dance. Before turning his back again.

"Excuse me, got another contact."

----

Nicabod, Miredochis

Nicabod pondered the words of the abeil, remembering his time in the Green Lands.

"Oh, I remember you! The godling in the halfling lands created your species shortly before my entourage left that land! The one complaining about the halflings killing those tiny thingies that showed up with him.

My apologies! My apologies indeed! I got those words from the halflings and they did apply to our opinion on the goblins! But that has nothing to do with you or those tiny things. No, no. It's like comparing mold and mushroom!"

"Magistrate Nicabod! Several goblins come our way!"

"And why are you telling me that?! You have your orders! FLAMEBUST 'EM!"

Unarmed, unarmored. It does not matter. For the main weapon of Miredochis is fired on the goblins released by Screechy, and as the flames dissipate, naugh but charred remains... Remain.

----

Hope, Steelamach

The gnomes of steelamach had caugh wind of the creation of their fellows in Grindforge, and had set up to create a Sky Citadel their own!

And it was completed! With far less weapons than the militar behemoth that raged through the goblin lands, but still owning respectable defenses, Sky Citadel Cloudstir now rose through the night air.

Shame no one could really see it in the dark.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Hope, Steelamach

however, there was a creature who did find it. A lone orange shimmerling, looking for those it could spread its message of hope to managed to find its way onto that thing. It flew swiftly and silently aboard, although its tiny orange nimbus hardly left it unnoticed. It spoke telepathically directly to the nearest gnome's mind, telling it Do not give in to despair. The Lord Solaron has come, and he shall restore the Sun to the world. I come bearing a message of comfort in these dark times, and ask only that you prepare yourselves to aid him when he should ask for your help.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

The gnome looked to the sides, and saw nothing but a ball of light.

"Is someone there? Dorinda? Are you playing with the lights again?"

The gnome walked closer to the shimmerling, the light revealing the yellow tone of his skin, proving him to be a member of the Gold Clan.

"Ohoh! You are not just a light trick, you are a... Something. Was it you who just spoke to me? I am not in despair at all friend! Have family there, however, his letters say that it is a rather nice place, in spite of the name."

Nope, not despairing at all. Iron Gnomes live mostly underground and never did rely on the sun much.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, i did speak to you. You say that your people do not care for the Sun? Do they not eat food? The plants that all things must consume, either directly or indirectly by eating the ones who eat them, depend on the Sun for their very survival. Besides which, without the Sun, all life will eventually succumb to the cold and freeze to death. Surely your people are not immune to the fate of the rest of the world?

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ulthrogrog-The Drowning Heavens

As Heliopolis continued to swell with Blackwater from the Abyssal portal, Ulthrogrog watched his mother and father, entwining their hands in a show of love. At least, his father seemed to feel love. He knew his mother well enough that as soon as his father was no longer useful, he would be cast aside. Much like her fallen servant, whose mental echoes were snuffed, forever removed from his perception. However, even eternity seemed uncertain so long as the Creators tread upon the Universe. He sought to remedy this soon enough.

Mother,” said he, slithering across the slowly deepening, fetid water, “I did my part. Now I take my prize.

Ulthrogrog drew forth the blackened water into his orifice-like gills, absorbing the divine blood that had been washed away by its waves. He spewed forth what was not of use to him as he continued his way over, wrapping the length of his body so it encircled the two gods.

We must prepare for the retaliation that shall surely follow in the wake of this necessary destruction. We know all too well that the other Creators shall not agree with our actions. They will refuse to see our wisdom and foresight. It is the sad state of their self-imposed ignorance.

He quickly drove a flock of escaping angels to the ground, forcing them to be submerged into the unholy concoction. With the addition of his own divine power, these beautiful creatures did not decay and rot as they should have. Instead, they became warped and twisted, horrific and alien. No two transformations were alike. Some lost their humanoid form entirely, becoming warped masses of flesh, eyes, maws, and tentacles carried on twisted wings. Others became twisted parodies of what they once were, their feathered wings drooping and wilted, their flesh mottled and perverse, their faces monstrous and inhuman masses of teeth and eyes. Others still transformed into vaguely illithid-like creatures with more emphasized aquatic traits, such as fins and webbed hands, with massive membranous wings, their tentacles and flabby bodies dripping with foul ichor as they hovered in the air.

These swimmers of the Void shall aid us, as shall Daeldroth and the Watchers. Daeldroth and The Watchers will protect and guide your worshippers, Mother, for they have suffered a great loss. They still suffer from his weakness, as puerile affection seems to have plagued his successor. I find it disturbing that your people should suffer from such an affliction. The Void-Swimmers shall stand guard here for now. I shall use them as I see fit. As for you, Father…perhaps it would be best that you remained with Mother for now. Others may try to confuse and deceive you without her guidance…

Ulthrogrog sent forth a mental command to Daeldroth and the Watchers of the Land, demanding that they aid the Dark Faeli in rebuilding what was lost.
    ---
    Daeldroth-The Shores of Hope

Daeldroth and many of his Ocean-Born warriors had been ravaging the darkened countryside, screaming oaths of death upon the land-dweller. Unable to see within the blackness that enveloped the land, they stood no chance against the mighty Skum cleric or his warriors. A Watcher, too, had joined in the conflict, disintegrating the helpless creatures with great ease. Just as yet another coastal city had fallen at the hands of Daeldroth’s conquest, his mind was wracked with the power of his god. He cried out in agony as Ulthrogrog’s mighty presence brought him to his knees.

"Daeldroth! Cease this waste of time. These infantile humanoids are not worth your attention at the present. You must go forth and defend your land-bound allies, the Dark Faeli. They are weak and without a true leader…perhaps, in time, they will prove useful to us. Go forth, and let them know that The Watcher Beneath, Son of The Dark Lady, shows them his favour!"

Daeldroth was uncertain how he would address these Dark Faeli…he merely knew that disobeying his god’s will would surely be an unwise course of action. He took his flail in hand and began to march his followers through the tunnels that the Watcher would craft, taking them across Hope with great ease. They soon appeared before Keia as she made the journey home to the Underdark, still carrying the corpse of Elarion in her arms. Emerging from the tunnel, the Watcher stood aside to make room for the Cleric. A mighty, navy-skinned creature, glowing green veins of power twisting all about his form. He wore robes made of sea-weed, and a mantle crafted of a ray’s fins. His dark eyes smouldered with power, locking with Elarion’s own as he reluctantly bowed his head to her in respect.

You do not know of my people, and I do not know of yours. I am Daeldroth of the Ocean-Born. The Watcher Beneath has tasked us to aid you, for he is the Son of the Dark Lady. I am to divert my personal attention from our most holy task to aid you in your recovery.” he hesitated for a moment, clearly not thrilled to be allied with the land-dwellers he had been taught to hate, “Accept this gift whether or not you accept our direct assistance.

Channelling the power of Ulthrogrog, Daeldroth removed the wounds and weariness from the entire Dark Faeli army, this healing taking the form of a pulse of greyish-green energy. He then watched as an ethereal wave of Blackwater washed over the Dark Faeli, cloaking them from the eyes of those who would harm them until they safely reached the Underdark.

Use it well, land-dwellers.

-------
    Godly Actions

Rollover(calculating the one I missed as well)-4+6=10

And the rest.

(Gain Portfolio-2 AP)-Uphold the Pact, (Gain Domain-2 AP)-Pact, (Nourish Populace-The Dark Faeli-1 AP) (Corrupt Race-The Void Swimmers-1 AP), (Increase DR-3 AP)8+1=9 DR=1 AP
    Last edited by CrypticOcean; 2010-06-16 at 06:54 PM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, we had some importations from the faeli that live in the surroundings, but we sort of cut relations after the civil war. And there are the mushrooms, and the moss, they don't need light, however, just organic compost, and we can actually go a while with just minerals... Salt and water leave a bad taste after a while, however. Oh, and there are those little crawling things... Some of them are quite good if you prepare 'em right. I have a friend who cooks some very good snails."

"And the cold and darkness aren't much of an issue either! We have plenty of magic solutions to it. Many of them in effect right here in the citadel, in fact. Tag along friend!"

The iron gnome turns and makes his way into one of the corridors, lit by something on the ceiling, glowing behind glass, and heated by a warmth that comes from bellow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

The shimmerling follows him, not believing for an instant that they can survive without the Source of Life.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Keia and the Dark Faeli: The Underdark

Using the last of their power, the Faeli casters who remained had managed to return them from the now-blighted realm of Heliopolus. Keia and her followers moved only far enough to find a place large and safe enough for them to rest before they collapsed, weary and broken from the fierce battle. So few of them were left now... a bare handful. The Illithids had been left behind entirely, and she could only guess at how the remainder of the battle had progressed.

They had only rested a short time, still making plans to re-group, when before them appeared a beast like the Aboleth of the deepest tunnels appeared before them, speaking it's message through it's cleric messenger and blessing them with healing and vigor... saving the lives of some of their worst wounded. Such kindness she had not expected of a child of the lady. Perhaps their sacrifice had at least been enough to please her.

While her kin stood tall again, their wounds fading... Keia mustered the bravery to step forward. If there was even a chance it was possible... she had to ask.

"Lord Watcher." She spoke with a respectful bow, "We have heard of you. I beg one thing of you, please. Can you... restore him? He gave his life to do as he was told by the lady."

Her voice was pleading and desperate as she looked to the tattered body of Elarion.

"Please... I need him. I will do anything."

---------------------

Brogan Skycaller: Also the Underdark

Brogan looked about in fear and awe. He had no idea what these creatures were, but they had saved him, and spared him. They had even made point not to slay all of the slaves that had been sent against them. As unnatural as he found them, a good twenty lives were saved on their actions. As he was led through their tunnels, he watched silently... trying to appraise their actions and remember his way back, if need be. It seemed a lost cause.

When finally they brought the former slaves before the being that he imagined led them, he was shocked at it's appearance. Still, compared to the Illithids, it was an angel. Nothing probed his mind, or wrenched pain from his body. He bowed, speaking for the captives.

"Ah. Do y' understand me?" He asked of the queen, "M' name is Brogan, of clan Skycaller. Ah... former clan, ah suppose. Please... we mean ye' no harm. If y' let us go, ah'll lead these folk out've here, and ye'll never have t' see us again. On m' honor."

-----------------------

Asharra + Enki: The ruins of Heliopolus

She barely heard her sons words... too distracted was she with the raw power surging through her body. The rush of a true divine essence was overwhelming... a bliss she had only felt a taste of before. Enki all-but carried her to higher ground, laying her in the shallower waters upon the cracked stone steps to one of Aevum's great temples.

As her senses returned to her, she looked to the sea god with a smile, pondering to herself what she would do with him. Every part of her body urged her to devour his essence as well, right now... while he was still weakened from his battle with the sun god. Like an addict, she felt the need to gorge herself on all she could... to feel that rush of power.

No. She told herself, reaching out a delicate hand to grip Enki's neck, It is not worth what would be lost. An ally is worth far more than a meal.

She pulled herself up to kiss him impassionedly, before finally seeming to collect herself and rejoin the world around her.

We have done it, my love! She spoke, unable to hide her darkly joyous tone, This place is ours now. The sun is dead, and it's lord's power belongs to me. You did so well.

She tugged Enki to her, her voice low with seductive promises.

"Allow me to reward you."

-------------------

Avariel the Fallen: Hope

After their escape from the heavens, the divine host had no further guidance from their lord, nor in some cases, will to go on. Some soared off in despair to die or mourn alone. Others grouped tightly together, seeking solace in each other. The strongest of heart amongst them wondering aloud what they should do from here.

"We cannot let this be the end." Avariel said, his elegant voice weary and low with sadness, "Our lord would wish us to do all we can to live."

What place have we amongst mortals? A Seraph by the name of Aurelia spoke mournfully, The world will die now. I do not wish to see it.

No. It will not! Avariel said intently, There are others who can yet save it. Other gods yet exist that may aid us. And do not speak so harshly of mortals, Aurelia. Remember you the mortal who faced the destroyer?

I understand your words, Avariel. I simply have little hope. She said with a sad nod, I feel his loss in every part of me. It is like-

I know. He told her, placing a gentle hand upon her shoulder, But we must endure. We must find others who will aid us, mortal and god alike... and we must do all we can to undo this. Please, no not falter now.

One by one, the few remaining angels nodded their heads in agreement, joining hands and sharing some small remainder of the hope that they still held. Hope was all they had now.

"Before it happened... Something split from the sun. A small fraction of power. It may have even been that Lord Aevum foresaw this before any of us, and left a shred of light in this world, should this come to be. I felt it leave before the sun was devoured. I am certain some of you felt it as well." Azariel told them, "We should seek this being... and do what we can to restore light to the world, or it will die."

Speaking together as equals, they agreed that they would part ways. Each searching the world over for allies to their cause and doing all they could to preserve life and fight against the ones who had blighted this darkened world. Swearing one last oath to keep hope alive amongst them, the angelic host parted... Dozens of trails of light scattering through the sky amidst the darkness that consumed this world.

---------------------

Godly Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mostly an epilogue. Not much to say.

Raise non-mortal heroes: Azariel and Aurelia the fallen angels. (The rest of the broken angelic host is fair game for everyone to play with!)

Raise mortal hero: Keia (Cleric 3/Sorcerer 4/Mystic Theurge 10)
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2010-06-16 at 05:34 PM.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Daelroth-The Underdark

Daeldroth stepped forward, gazing down at the comparatively diminuitive Keia. He looked over the battered body of Elarion, and turned his bulbous gaze to the Watcher, whose many eyes locked onto him. Its toothy maw let forth a low growl in a language unknown to the Dark Faeli, and Daeldroth nodded in understanding. He called upon his god, reaching his tendrils of telepathy out through the Aether.

"O, Watcher of the Deeps, these land-dwellers continue to beg for your gifts and your mercy. These followers of the Dark Lady have already been abandoned by their own goddess. What would you have me do?"

The voice of Ulthrogrog, as always, was nearly too much for the Cleric's mind to handle. Even those who could not hear Ulthrogrog's words could not help but feel a great discomfort as his boundless mind and power radiated from his servant.

"Daeldroth...you must seize an opportunity when it arises, regardless of your personal feelings. She has sworn to do anything to see her lover live again...we can use this pathetic affection to our advantage. Mother has abandoned this wretch, as she well should have. However, before we can destroy the land-dweller...we must have allies amongst the land-dwellers. These creatures are a perfect start. Fulfil her request, make your terms."

Daeldroth recovered, shaking his fish-like head as he did so. His gaze fell upon Keia once more.

"If you truly desire to follow through on that offer...I can restore him. However, you must first agree to my terms. I would ask for the loyalty of you, your people, and this...other." here he motioned to Elarion's corpse, "I would add my followers to your court, and ask that you send forth similar emissaries. You will help us gain a foothold here on the land. These foul creatures of the world above believe themselves superior to us, going where they please, and taking what they wish. They have already paid dearly for their arrogance...and now, you and I...we can take what is rightfully ours. All I ask for is your loyalty...your deference. Then you will not only see your love breathe once more...but take the spoils of our conquest."
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post

Nicabod, Miredochis

Nicabod pondered the words of the abeil, remembering his time in the Green Lands.

"Oh, I remember you! The godling in the halfling lands created your species shortly before my entourage left that land! The one complaining about the halflings killing those tiny thingies that showed up with him.

My apologies! My apologies indeed! I got those words from the halflings and they did apply to our opinion on the goblins! But that has nothing to do with you or those tiny things. No, no. It's like comparing mold and mushroom!"

"Magistrate Nicabod! Several goblins come our way!"

"And why are you telling me that?! You have your orders! FLAMEBUST 'EM!"

Unarmed, unarmored. It does not matter. For the main weapon of Miredochis is fired on the goblins released by Screechy, and as the flames dissipate, naugh but charred remains... Remain.
    The First G.G. War

Grand Marshall Screechy is still sitting in his head-quarters, observing his Goblin masses being obliterated one after the other. It did not matter that he had just sent hundreds of Goblins to their deaths. All the blood on his hands was justified, as long as his plan would work. All of a sudden one of his aides walks in with a report of the battle.

"Oh Lord! It seems that the enemy weapons, firearms sold!"
    "Sir! It seems that the enemy's fire weapon has run out of ammunition!"

For the first time since the battle started, Screechy lets out a grin. His plan had worked, and the cannon fodder had depleted some of the enemy's ammunition, and that was worth every Goblin life he sacrificed. Now it was time for the Goblins to bring the fight to them.

"All rights reserved. We are fighting against enemies. Hotel cooking! Our experience with the technology!" "Very well. We shall take the fight to our enemies now. Prepare the catapults! We shall give them a taste of our technology!"

Nodding, the aide rushes off to issue the commands. All around the Big City, Screechy had installed huge catapults in various locations. It was with these catapults that the Goblins would strike back at the Gnomes. And so, the defenders prepared their ammunition, Goblins, plucked from the local prison, were tied, gagged with explosives strapped upon them, and then placed upon the catapults.

"Oops! Wake up!" "Ready! Aim! Fire!"

Yell the commanders as the helpless Goblins are shot straight towards Miredochis. Most of the living projectiles splattered themselves harmlessly onto the flying city, the explosives failing to detonate, and doing nothing more than making a gory mess. However, some of the Goblins did manage to successfully explode upon impact, and unfortunately for the Gnomes, the defenders had plenty of ammunition to spare, as the city prisons were over-crowded as of late.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

The First G.G. War

Those wretches were firing bombs at them. Strapped to their own kin, no less! What could they intend to? Nicabod had an inspiration!

"These goblins are probably diseased! Send Gold Golems to incinerate them! Send mechanics to repair the damages! And..."

Nicabod rose to his feet while giving the orders.

"DROP THE IRON GOLEMS!"

Great hatches appeared on the underside of Miredochis, and from them fell iron orbs, that upon landing waited still, before sundering beneath the power of massive iron fists.

Nicabod dropped six iron golems in the goblin city, for the titans to maul and poison the wretched maggots.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The First G.G War

Screechy watches as his catapults continue to pound Miredochis. He watches with a calculating gaze as the Golems land in the Big City. He had never seen anything like those before, nor was he really sure how to deal with them. Screechy closes his eyes as he ponders what to do next. Being a master tactician, Screechy comes to the conclusion that he must begin the final phase of his plan.

For the first time since the battle began, Screechy gets up from his maps, and begins preparing. Turning to one of his aids he asks, as he begins to write something on a piece of paper.

"To improve the situation?" "Tell me, is the evacuation completed?"

The aide replies "Sir. Most in need of management, we are planning in the city, it's great. All this is still really do not want kids who can not lose.""Sir. The most desirable of our kind have already escaped the Big City in accordance to your plan. The only ones left are the undesirable ones who won't really be missed at all."

Having finished writing on the paper, Screechy places it inside an envelope, and sealing it with his wax seal, he asks again, wanting to make sure that everything was in place, and as he does, he begins to strip of his ceremonial armour.
    "All rights reserved. All right?" "Very good. Has everything else been looked at, as I commanded?"
    The aide looks really disturbed, as he had not enjoyed following this command at all, and seeing that Screechy was now dressing like a common Goblin he answers

"Yes, I need, please. Of course, ready to attack?"
    "Yes sir, all has been done as you asked. Are you sure that you are willing to go through with this sacrifice?"

Screechy gives a cold chuckle as he simply responds "Very little cash to people in my time." "My friend, I am willing to sacrifice a whole lot more if it means victory. Now, put this on."

And giving his ceremonial armour to his aide, Screechy gives his final commands as he prepares to evacuate his head-quarters. "The agony is your chance in the spotlight. Make contribution to society. I want the device directly against the life and metal balls. Hold and drag to wait for the signal." "Now then. Here is your chance for glory. You are hereby promoted to General. I want you to take your troops and lead a full frontal assault against those metallic creatures. Hold them, and wait for my signal to retreat. "

As he gives his commands, Screechy hands the aide, now donning Screechy's ceremonial armour of the Grand Marshal, the Goblin flag, and placing the sealed envelope inside one of the armour's pockets, he gives a pat on the aide's chest, and sends him on his way.

As Screechy watches the newly appointed General bark his orders to the Goblins, Screechy shakes his head. There would be no signal, yet another necessary sacrifice for the sake of victory. Grabbing his belongings, and confident that his plan will succeed, Screechy makes his way to safety, far from the war raging in the Big City.

Meanwhile, the aide, with hundreds of Goblins by his side, waves the Goblin flag as he yells out the Goblin war cry "ATTACK TO KILL ME!" and charges at the golems.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2010-06-16 at 09:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Abeil, with Nicabod

The Abeil Warriors stay to listen to the Iron Gnome bark his orders, but soon their patience ran thin. They turned to speak with him. "We shall carry news of this petty campaign of genocide you gnomes see fit to grace the goblins with though we shall not interfere in the war itself, know that you have made an ill impression upon us. I hope for the sake of the gnomes and The Colony not all your kind are as bloodthirsty as you seem to be."

That said, the Abeil warriors departed, glowering looks of distaste clear on their faces as their bulky forms stalk past the tiny gnomes and the towering golems. They feared if the gnomes behavior was consistent, they may need an edge against them. Lifting off the Abeil quickly dart through the air and head for the closest hill to give their report to the Goddess, not that they believed she had not heard every word.

Lesser Queen with Brogan Skycaller, The Underdark

The bulky groatesque creature looks down at the dwarf unmoving as he spoke, and when he finished it responded, though it spoke no language he understood. "ÉN tud ért -a szöveg , mégis ÉN nem hisz tudod ért bánya. Ha tudod ért én bármennyire , tud ez. ÉN hisz úgy érted minket nem kár és vagyok magabiztos ön nem tudott kár minket ha ön tehát akarat. Ha ön akar bármennyire , vagyunk idegenek -hoz ezek alagutat fúr , kiáltó -ból egy szárazföld távoli messzi és a alagutat fúr már van nekünk vésett alatt az felszín. Mi akar tud több ebből partot ér és a táj lenn ez , -ból azok amit él ott , mint aki furcsa tapogató népi ki tartott ön és én a másikak tehát különösen -ban rabszolga."

Under Despair, Frehernite Reserves

The Formians who had been set to study the frehernite had soon discovered it's magical properties, and after periods of study agreed that their goddess had made the right choice, not that there had been any doubt. The frehernite was magical, but it also emitted odd magical energies they did not fully understand, but if harnessed properly could be used to no end of power, though it could just as easily harm. During their studies, the Formians began to notice changes. Their bodies seemed to grow in an odd fashion after continued exposure, their front legs moving up on their chest and becoming a second pair of arms, their first pair of arms growing bulky and powerful, their heads also changed becoming even more predatory, their eyes more powerful and capable. However, the greatest change was to their minds. Their loyalty to the Many Legged Goddess and The Colony did not diminish but it... changed. It became one of many priorities, their minds opened far greater than they had been. They became aware of new possibilities, but aware of themselves as well. They had their own goals, their own ambitions, their lives were more than for the advancement of The Colony, it was for... themselves.
    Spoiler
    Show
    9AP=13AP (one rollover since last week, right?) -3AP Create Populous: Thri-Kreen, -1AP Teach Populous (The Colony): Magical Infusion, Artificer
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2010-06-16 at 09:14 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Keia: The Underdark

Keia faltered for a moment, turning to look back to her people. Could she put them through more suffering... more death.. in service to this new being? She was torn... but deep down, even she knew what she had to say.

"I can only promise you.... myself. Elarion... loves and serves... only the Lady herself. She admitted sadly, tears in her eyes, "And my people... I... I cannot make such a promise on their behalf. You... you already have our worship and our sacrifices. So many have died already. I can not make them serve you... though many would choose to do so themselves.

She paused, her head hanging low.

"All I can offer is myself. Please...
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2010-06-16 at 09:31 PM.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

The Abeil are allowed to go without much concern from Nicbaod, no he has a greater prize.

The Admiral Magistrate rushes out of the bridge into the open area of the fortress, and looks down on the enemy "general", giving orders.

"I deny your command, wretch!"

Nicabod extends his arm foward, his hand in the air as if trying to grasp something, and then the false general is yanked from the ground by an unseen force, dragged up to float in front of the massively armored gnome.

"Got you! Hohehehehe... HahaHAHAHAHA!"

Miredochis pelts the goblin army beneath with scorching lasers, while the golems pound the critters into bloody slush without effort.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The First G.G. War

A lone figure walks along the mountain side, while far away from the on going slaughter, it still had a full view of the carnage. Looking up at Miredochis , now floating triumphantly over the Big City as the Goblin defenders were falling one by one. And yet, Grand Marshall Screechy had a triumphant grin on his face. From within the folds of his cloak, Screechy brings out a little pad, and staring at it he says

"March work will not ..." "There shall be no victory for you... not today... not ever!"

And with that, he presses the button, which dominated the pad. Within the Big City, the Golems had breached the defences and had reached the central part of the city... when everything around them began to explode, as the Grand Marshall sprang his trap, making the very city the Gnomes were trying to conquer into a weapon against them.

*KABOOM!*

Everywhere around the Big City, massive explosions erupted, destroying buildings, and reducing any unfortunate Goblin into ashes. Not a single building was spared, as part of Screechy's invasion preparations was to rig every building within the city. After several minutes of intense explosions, there is an eerie silence, as all forms of combat have stopped. As the dust cloud finally settles, the Gnomes can see the extent of their victory; the entire Big City reduced to rubble, not a single building left standing, charred remains of Goblins littering the ruins everywhere... oh... and some of the Golems reduced to scrap metal. The devastation was astounding.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Solaron, the Void

Solaron ceased his talking. Something BIG has just happened. He saw a flash of light so bright that for a moment, he hoped that the sun was re-lit. When it faded, he had to investigate it for himself. A few flaps of his titanic wings later, he was stopped in shock at what he saw. The land here was different than that of anywhere else he had ever been. after a moment, he realized why.This place used to be a city, but now it was simply gone. It was destroyed, but this was something that he had never thought possible. This wasn't the work of the cursed undead or some soulless abomination. they could not do something like this. He turned his head upward, and saw the vast floating city. Could that have been responsible? He flies over to it, demanding an answer.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2010-06-16 at 10:22 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Nicabod watched the devastation from his vantage point, telekinetically holding the goblin out.

"Ah! Your little plan has failed! Your city is vanquished, your people are done for! And all that it cost me were a few golems! VICTORY HAS BEEN CLAIMED TODAY!"

Nicabod throws the false Screechy through a hatch directly into the prisons of Miredochis. Before turning to his fellows.

"Gather the surviving golems, gather the scraps of the lost ones. We are leaving my friends!"

"Woohay!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Woohay!"
    "Woohay!"
    "Woohay!"
    "Woohay!"
    "Woohay!"
    "Woohay!"
    "Woohay!"
    "Woohay!"
    "Woohay!"
    "Woohay!"
    "Woohay!"
    "Woohay!"
    "Woohay!"
    "Woohay!"
    "Woohay!"
    "Woohay!"

"Woohay!"

With that, Sky Citadel Miredochis turned, and returned to Grindforge.

Grindforge

Weeks later, back in the city of Grindforge, "Screechy" was forced to his knees before the council of the clans, with Nicabod next to him, axe in hand.

"The council has concluded its judgement, goblin. Any last words?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

As the citadel is leaving, solaron reduces his form to one which would fit on the citadel and lands on it. He demands "what happened here?"

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Grindforge

The Goblin is terrified, and has no words to say, instead, he reaches into his pocket and produces a letter enclosed with a wax seal with an "S" on it. Upon opening it, Nicabod tries to translate the Goblin language.

Spoiler
    Show

"I'm a big city, not destroy me. Subscribe to scream."
    I still live, and you failed to destroy the Big City

Signed,
    Grand Marshall "Screechy" Barahaha

In the mountains of Despair, Grand Marshall Screechy arrives at the site where the evacuated Goblins had gathered. In accordance to his plan, the Goblins were already at work, and it wouldn't be long before, the Big City, Capital of the Goblin Empire would once again stand proud. And as far as the Goblins where concerned, the Big City never fell in the first place.

Screechy's plan had worked, the Big City still stood... in a way... the Gnomish invaders had left their mountains... for now... and thanks to Screechy's suicidal tactics, the Goblin population had decreased to more tolerable levels... though knowing their reproduction rate, it wouldn't be long till the same old problems of over-population, once again plague the Great Goblin Empire.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2010-06-16 at 10:38 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Solaron was adressed by a Frehenite clan gnome, wearing white robes over his armor, his skin a mix of green and indigo tones.

"Victory happened friend! The goblin empire is done for, this is sure. Now we go home."

The iron gnome priest (actually an artificer) wandered into the corridors, whistling a merry tune, ignorant to the fact that he had spoken to a god.

Solaron might be weirded out when suddenly Miredochis rumbles and teleports back to the mountains of vast Grindforge, capital of the Iron Gnomes of Despair.

The fortress burst into activity, and the gnomes took a single prisoner away through winding corridors to the depths of the city.

--- Back to the matter at hand ---

Nicabod took the letter, he had spoken to more goblins than most gnomes, and could... Sort of... Make sense of their nonsense.

And he knew what that meant.

"Aaaaah! That sniveling! Cheating bastard! He escaped! And he probably took more of his miserable kind with him to another city! Gah! Gah! Gah!"

Nicabod stoped to take a breath, and find that he had hacked the goblin to bits.

He gave one last hack just for good measure and left the council chambers to leave the clan heads to discuss. While he returned to Miredochis to prepare for the inevitable.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-06-16 at 10:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Daeldroth and Keia-The Underdark

The mighty skum hesitated. Her pathetic begging, her desperate pleas for help...he was not sure whether to be disgusted or saddened. Perhaps he felt both at once, and was unable to recognize one while he focused on the other. Regardless, she had offered herself up to his mercy, and if her people respected her in spite of this display, that would be enough. He placed a clawed, webbed digit upon her chin, lifting her head up until her gaze met his. He allowed a tear to roll upon his finger, looking upon it for a moment before flicking it away in disgust.

"...Very well, land-dweller. I accept your mind, your body, and your fealty. I will still leave you my emissaries...just in case you need any more of our aid. For the life of one, I must receive the life of another. I do not want your soul as a sacrifice, land-dweller. You serve me best alive. ...As another demonstration of Ulthrogrog's mercy, I shall pick the sacrifice from amongst my own flock. Bring me to your altar-room. I shall perform the ritual there. When it is over, you shall come with me. I shall discuss my plans with you only after the ritual is performed, not before."

Not one skum did falter at the mention of sacrifice, and the Watcher continued to live up to its namesake. They all followed the will of Daeldroth, whose will was that of Ulthrogrog. They would all continue to follow, no matter where he led them.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Solaron, wherever the gnomes call home

"Victory? What was defeated? I did not see any undead, and we were too far away from the ocean for the soulless to be involved. What was defeated there?"
    Last edited by planswalker; 2010-06-16 at 11:23 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

Solaron received his answer from a colection of five gnomes from the adamantine clan, clad in heavy armor and wielding picks and shields and with darker skin than the other gnomes.

"Oh, against the goblins friend."

"The treacherous fiends."

"They prowl the mountains, killing, pillaging and stealing."

"And they kill travellers and cut them to bits to eat 'em too."

"And they are really, really stupid."

Then an alarm rings, and the adamantine gnomes rush off into the distance, leaving Dolaron alone.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Solaron, Grindforge

These two peoples killing each other? Why? Solaron has personally talked with both goblins and gnomes before. The two creatures are very different, and the goblins were certainly difficult to understand, but both had a valid place in this world. Why would they kill each other? They did not feed on each other, the only justifiable reason to kill another being at all. Why this senseless killing? Why can't they just get along? This realization that intelligent beings will kill each other for no real purpose shocked him to his core. He must take this new finding back to his brother. The sorts of feelings that he experienced now were foreign to him. Surely his brother will better understand such things. He leaves the gnomes, returns to his usual size and returns to the Shining lands once more.

Spoiler
    Show
    many thanks to draken and smee for helping me with instant character growth. especially draken who put up with my tagalong on his city.

Solaron, the Shining Lands

Upon returning to his home, Solaron returns to his natural form, a brilliant ball of light the size of a pebble. Before he seeks his brother out, a new sight greets him. There before him is one of his prismatic dragons and a being with golden skin and great feathery wings, standing over 9 feet tall. "Greetings, i am Milronas, a solar from Heliopolis, the Celestial city which was recently destroyed and my Lord, the creator of the Sun, was slain along with his creation. Roygbv here here told me that you are a Child born of the Sun, the elder of two. He says that you seek to restore Light and Hope to this world. I have seen these lands of yours and know that anyone who creates such a place of beauty cannot be of the same sort of evil as the one who ate the sun or the others who conspired together to kill my lord. I will serve you, me and all who served under me. We are scattered throughout the world, but many will rally to your banner. We have been looking for a cause to believe in, and yours is one that can suffuse even the bleakest heart with hope for a new dawn."

"This is very good. i sense that your people can do great things for the good of others. I see in you the potential to become even more glorious than you already have. I task you to go forth, seek your people out, and bring them here, to me. I will bless them and restore your numbers. You shall become a great people once again. A minor correction, however: i'm afraid that all my dragons are called "Roygbv" at least, that is the verbal component of their name. it is the colors associated with that name which distinguishes one from another."

With that, Milronas goes forth to bring the good news of a new Lord of Light who shall bring forth a New Sun and shall restore the Dawn of Light.

Returning to the business that brought him here, Solaron realizes that he needs to be able to send messages to the other Creators that he has befriended, even when he is not able to take care of it himself. Therefore, he sends out a call for the six brightest and fastest of his shimmerlings to come to him, to be his messengers, to carry his voice to places he cannot go. He blessed these six with the tiniest portion of his life force, enabling them to exceed the limits of their race. Hed sent forth Red with a message to his brother: come to me. I need to tell you of my plan to restore Heat and Light to the world

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Red manages to rouse Minrhet from his slumber, who stands, stretches, and goes to attend to his brother's wishes.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nothing : Dark Marsh

Spoiler
    Show
    Tia informed me finally of starting ap and as I have only used rollover ap plus 3 am adding 17 ap to current rollover ap intake of 9 ap for three weeks rollovers. total AP for this post is 26 AP

As the world begins to darken Nothing comes out from hiding and stretches expanding to encompass the large chunk of the moon which has been his hiding place for so long.

Spoiler
    Show
    evolve physically -3 ap

As winds begin to chill with the perpetual night Nothing opens the gate to his realm and plants it in the middle of the dark marsh.

Spoiler
    Show
    create plane (elemental plane of entropy) -3ap

As nations rise against nations Nothing spits his children upon the world and flings them to the far corners and realms of the land.

Spoiler
    Show
    create race : Umbral Blots (intelligent spheres of annhilation) -2AP

"The world has come ready to see my children who are not but nothing. They shall invite themselves to tea and let themselves be known. They shall take positions on the battlefields of this world and work neither for one side nor the other, but shall hinder both and help both and shall be neither friend nor foe. And, I believe that the world should feel the pull that is end weighing heavy upon it's chest, for with war comes endings."

Nothing throws open the gate to his realm and rips it from the hinges (metaphorically) and as he walks into the land of nothing he lets forth with a gusty sigh "I fear they will not yet learn."

Spoiler
    Show
    finally
    lock plane(open) -2AP
    mold land (separate The Dark Marsh from the rest of Hope) -2AP
    total AP 14 = 26 - 3 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 2

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Solaron and Mihrnet, The Shining Lands

"Brother, it is good to see you. I am afraid that not everything i came to say was just about the restoration of Light and Heat to this world. I have seen something today which i do not understand and it sadens me greatly. Two peoples, the goblins and the gnomes, were killing each other. Why did they kill each other? They do not feed off of each other, which is a necessary evil. Without some creatures preying off of others, even more suffering would ensue than that of predation. BUt why would two groups intelligent beings kill each other?" The ball of light sounds forlorn and confused.

Milronas the Solar, Despair

With a renewed purpose, Milronas sets out once again to the lands of Despair, this time with a message of hope and joy in his heart. Whenever he meets another celestial from fallen heliopolis, he tells them of the glorious news of the New Dawn which is coming. Many who hear his message are filled with a new purpose and travel to the Shining lands to meet this new being who will restore the Light. As the two sun gods are talking with each other about the fate of the world and the state of mortals' hearts, a great host of celestial beings gathers in the Shining Lands. There, they discuss with the inhabitants of this place and learn of the Path of Light and await the chance to meet with this Lord Solaron.

Spoiler
    Show
    divine action i forgot to notate in the last post: appoint 6 heralds (shimmerlings, colored (and also named) Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Dark Orchid. (i bet you were expecting "purple" weren't you? Solaron will send them out as his messengers, using them in that order. creating heralds are 0 ap cactions, but i felt it necessary to state that these were indeed actual official heralds.

also, i'm not trying to claim all the celestials, just a big number of them. i want my own celestial legions, but there are plenty more out there. Milronas can't reach all of them, and not all who heard his message went, either.