New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation - What Shall Be (IC)

Artis, Heliopolis

"If a god is a chain, then a pantheon is chainmail, the links between the chains giving one another strength." Artis makes toward the lion-headed deity, holding out the Sphere of Reconstruction. "If you would head this pantheon, I would be willing to entrust you with the fate of the dead. It'll give me the chance to regain my strength, start fresh."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaleth, Valorum

Kaleth sat at his desk in his study at the top of Valorum's majestic tower. He went down a floor and began work on a method for his armies to transfer anywhere in the world. After hours of work the last rune was engraved upon the gate and he stood back from his work. His followers now could move freely from and to the mortal world, and a magical barrier to seal it off.

Then, across from his gate he built a scrying mirror from which he could probe the world and see things as they are from the protection of his own plane. Now to find guardians of the gates. He teleported down to the faeli.

The Faeli were thriving in this new world. They had grown fit and confident in this new world. They had not set up inside of the fortress but rather in the surrounding countryside, determined to build and survive on their own talents. As he materialized in the middle of the town, his followers fell to their knees.

"You need not lower yourself to me or any power in this universe. Now I need two from your number to function as my eyes and hands when I leave this world." From the crowd, two twins came forward, both with a black cloth covering their eyes.

"Now stand and look into my eyes."

"But lord, we cannot look into your face, no matter how much we wish to."

"Obviously, you have cloth over your eyes," The twins hesitantly removed their blindfolds and saw for the first time since they had been blinded in a great fire in their youth. They stared at each other and began to weep and the surrounding crowd of Faeli were awed.

"Now, Report to my tower. You both have jobs to master, one shall control the portal room and begin to direct The Order of Magi in exploring the world. The other shall observe the material plane, I wish to contact another god."
    Before waiting for an answer, Kaleth disappeared in a cloud of light.

Kaleth, The Academy of Magi

Archmage Zandrak was sitting at his desk in the new Academy, writing out plans for a new kind of magic. He jumped as Kaleth appeared behind him, and quickly dropped into a bow.

"Rise Zandrak, It is unbecoming. What have you been working on?"

"A new soldier lord, one to protect and serve all innocents from whomever they face."

"May I see the plans," Kaleth asked. He looked them over, plans for a new race of people made of metal, made obedient and protective of their masters. They would have a quasi-sentience though and would be capable of advanced instructions.
    "Excellent Zandrak." He then summoned his power and began to form the first warforged. They were to be his warriors and his laborers in this new world he was building. Now he nearly had everything he needed for his plan to go into effect.

[spoiler]
    Godly actions
    AP=12+2-3-3-3= 5 AP
    Actions
    Raise Mortal Hero: The Watcher and Gatekeeper
    Create Utility artifact: Scrying chamber, Portal Rooom
    Create populace: War Forged

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Enki, Material Plane

In what seemed like ages the god of seas wandered in his realms, a Sirine by his side, surrounded by playful Nixies and water spirits, along with a few souls who have chosen against reincarnation but have yet to find a home.

They've wandered and they've seen and played, but Enki always felt as if something was missing. In fact, plenty of things were still missing, but one thing bothered him most at the moment; It has simply been too long since last he had something to eat.

"To be completely honest," he said to his Sirine, "I've never had something to eat."
    And then it hit him. A sensation he had never felt before. It was wonderful, if a bit deranged. "We must go and have a look," he said with childish excitement.

Enki, in front of Darrmoon

He looked in awe at the massive maw that was Darrmoon, although the water god did not know the thing's name yet.
    The Halflings caught his attention, and their obvious plight saddened him. Still, although childish, Enki was not a child. First order of business was to learn more about that strange sensation he felt from that great maw, what his divine mind already knew was called 'hunger'.

"Hello," he said.

---------
    Rollover.
    3 (left) + 2 (Rollover) = 5 AP.
    Last edited by Goglas; 2010-05-06 at 05:58 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Urist Bershukar, Hope

The dwarves dug deep into the dirt, chipping away stone and revealing riches. Some were brought closer to the surface to make great works for the sky ascension, but other valuables were left within the walls. Decay often arose with vengeance, seeking to drag more into its embrace. When a dwarf lost the ability to aim for the skies, a room awaited it deep within the earth. Amid the riches it would sit forever, appeased by the sacrifice in its name. The halls of the dead pierce deep into the earth as the dwarves continue to toil. Unusual discoveries were made, hollow veins and ancient constructions.

Dwarves always kept a part of their minds skyward. It was a calling, a consuming maw of wind and vapor. Devices were made to touch the skyshroud, but all failed. None could capture the essence of the fabled godship, their failure met with injury and loss of ambition.

Urist pondered the conundrum of the dwarves. They walked on and under the earth, but their real dream was the skies. The deepest recesses of the earth provided the best tools toward the farthest reaches. Dwarves knew more of the earth below than the sky above. The mountains were familiar, full of secrets. To reach the sky, dwarves must bring the earth with them. Urist wondered if the sky could be brought to the earth.

Like dwarves, mountains stretch their fingers for the sky. Mountains could scrape the sky, but more remained out of reach. The mountains helped the dwarves in their attempts toward sky ascension, it was time the dwarves helped the mountains.

Urist gathered up the dwarves, commanding them with the Adamant Blade. The dwarves gathered the earth, giving it to Nolam, the tallest mountain. Higher and higher Nolam grew, extended its reach further into the sky. Nolam brought up the dwarves, living within halls and chambers. Ever higher they climbed, reaching for the top of the sky.

Note: At this moment, dwarves do not have a concept of death in a traditional sense. To a dwarf, death is when a creature loses ambition. This ambition can range from a major goal to simple existence.

-------------

Nedain, Hope

Wave upon wave of animate death crashed against the shores of the Faeli defenders. The masses of vengeful dead lessened since their devastating push into physical form, but the Faeli won little rest. Nedain, with many sleepless nights under her belt stood upon a high rock (in these times the world shifted, leaving behind evidence still seen today) and called to the heavens and depths:

"To those who animate death, hear me! I, a being of life and mind, challenge you! By rite of arms shall we find the greater!"

-------------
    1 ap Teach Dwarves: Tombs/Burial Rites
    1 ap Shape Land: The Mountain of Nolam

6 = 3 + 3 (rollover)

4 = 6 - 1 - 1
    Last edited by Moose Fisher; 2010-05-07 at 03:13 PM.
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Darrmoon, Material Plane

Darrmoon leaned forward to see the creature who approached him. His massive tongue licking over his parched lips as he looked at the God, drool spewing down his front.

"Hello, creature. Are you something to be eaten?"

Darrmoon licked his massive maw and grabbed a giant handful of undead creatures dropping them into his mouth. A massive grin on his maw.

"If not, you must be something like Lady Ashe, yuck!"

Several Halflings start grabbing bits of undead dropping from the massive God's maw and putting into pots to fry it up, still twitching. The Halflings throwing the twitching browned necrotic flesh up into the mouth of the massive God. His hunger bring him into a feeding frenzy. Soon, he grabbed one of the Halfling chefs to eat something with a bit of flavor.

"That is better....so, thing like Ashe, what do you want?"

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dorian, Heliopolis

Dorian looked at the goddess. "Sounds like something that is needed. What would your pantheon be doing?"

Nedain, Hope
    The Faeli fought and slew the undead in scores, and the undead dragged Faeli screaming to their death, but it seemed a stalemate, right up until both sides sensed a series of large crashes echoing up the earth.

Out on the far horizon, a huge shape loomed black against the sun. As it got closer, it took on a distinct man shape. The baying of a pack of wolves could be heard it traveled closer and closer.

Finally, the fighters could actually see what was happening. A titan wielding what appeared to be a small tree sprinted through the undead legions, followed by a pack of comically oversized wolves who would quickly kill any stragglers.

The titan and wolves slowed trying to reach the Faeli as more and mroe undead attacked. In a moment they were all surrounded, coming closer and closer to destruction.
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyAngel View Post

Asharra (Abyssal form): The Abyss

The massive eldrich abomination swam through the waters of the abyss, moving with great speed towards the interloper she had heard of. Already it had slain one of her children. Birthing more would be arduous... and she was tired of interlopers.

(I have NO idea what Schmee's god looks like... Some sort of mass of red clouds and energy, I think. Apologies for the bland description of)

This is my realm! She spoke in a thousand voices that boomed through the ears and mind of all who shared her realm, I do not take well to trespass or the slaying of my children, creator! Explain yourself and explain yourself quickly.

The Abyss

Spoiler
    Show

OOC
    To answer your question, the god of death, for the moment at least, looks anything from a red mist to a thick red cloud, depending on it's mood. I shall give my character a more humanoid shape soon. Also, for the moment the death god has no name, but will be given his common name by its mortal followers later.

A loud laughter is heard across the Abyss, the entity was pleased to have caught the attention of the one who resided in this plane.

"Is it custom in this world to insult one's guest? I am not a creator, but a destroyer...ah well... I assume it is common courtesy to introduce one self before asking it of someone else... but since I am a guest in your house, I shall indulge you..."

"I have no name to call myself by... therefore you may call me by what ever name you wish to endow me with... I care little for such things. As to what I am... I am death incarnate... I am the ill will that will snuff the final candle... how do you do?" Says the entity, the last part being said with extreme sarcasm.

"Now, as to why I am here... a weird creature barged into my world... not unlike what I am doing now, and in order to save her children from the legions of the dead, she lead me into this world... where I noticed a distinct lack of things dying... and so I decided to fix this mistake because... well... its what I do best... and I dare say that I'm good at it, if one was to look at my handiwork... "
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra: The Abyss

These are my children, creator. I created them and I own them. She spoke without voice, thoughts echoing through the lightless sea, You are not the first to come and seek them. This world struggles to unmake itself even as new things are born, it seems.

The massive abyssal thing sized-up this trespasser. The maw had been simple and single-minded, but this being was canny. She had seen it's work in the material and heard of the hordes of the dead that plagued the world outside her own. Ironically in it's drive towards death and destruction, it had created an entirely new type of life... not like the living souls above, nor the soulless things she had formed of her body.

So you tell me that you let another being simply bring you here? That the god of the dead is so easily led? The abyssal thing mocked him, This is not what I expected from the one who plagues creation. Are you a weapon of those you are opposed to? Perhaps you have realized that your task is futile and seek servitude to your betters.

The massive, tentacled horror moved for the surface... allowing the dead god to follow her if he chose. As she did, she changed, until the thing that stepped out onto the jagged rocks of her realm resembled a being not-yet born of this world. A woman... pale and bare, who spoke now in an actual voice.

See you that? She said, gesturing to a distant island that bore the only light one could find in this dark place, That is the realm of another creator. A beast of hunger who devours all. It is like you in everything but foresight. But if you continue to rail against the others above without allies, you will end up far worse than it does... for it has at least one ally. The other creators will not take to your attacks against them. They will unite to preserve what they have made, and combined, they will destroy you.

With a slight smirk, she held aloft her hand, letting a bright, burning light be released from it. Splashing and the screeches of her children could be heard as the abyssal things fled into the depths away from the false sun... It was simple illusion, of course... but even by it's light, the barren, lifeless rock and unfathomably deep seas of her realm were revealed. There was little else here. No plants, no birds, no life. Just water, rock, and the things that lurked below.

This, is your foe. She said, Without it's light, nothing above could be. Slaying a mountain of the mortal things means nothing, for they will make more. But slay this, and nothing above will survive.

Her smirk turned to a disjointed sadist's smile.

And I, can help you do it. Or we can ruin each other in our fighting, as they wish us to. It is your choice.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Abyss

"Indeed, it is exactly as you say... I was led on by the one who claims to be protector of the Faeli... rude little thing never even bothered to tell me her name... in any case, I apologize if I am not what you came to expect, though I have yet to make any serious attempts at undoing creation."

The red cloud humours Asharra and begins to follow her. It would seem that as she changed into her female form, the cloud seemed to be wincing in disgust, yet listening as she shows it Darrmoon's domain, and demonstrates the radiance of the sun.

"Ah, so I would once again be manipulated... just like I was sent off by your enemy to you, you would pass me on to become the problem of your enemy. Of course, I have no issues with that, as it gives me a better idea of just how much death I have to spread... and yet I consider all creators are my foes... just some are considered more of a foe than others... "

"Hmmmm.... destroy the sun you say... in order to destroy all life on the Material Plane..."

The red cloud starts to shrink as the god of death starts to plot. All of a sudden it says

"My dear lady! You have given me a most wonderful idea! This will prove to be most entertaining! If you revert into your previous form... I might even have kissed you... if that was possible... in any case... since I am here, I might as well make the most of it, and visit this Lord of Hunger of whom you spoke. If you wish to see what will transpire once I arrive, you may follow me... if not... until next time..."

And with that the entity enters into the Dinning Room, but not before zapping some more Illithids on its way out... just because it could.

The Dinning Room

All of a sudden, the Halflings hear a booming voice

"Ah...there is much death in this place... I can just feel it... this should prove much fun. Greetings little ones... I am death incarnate, and I wish to see just how hunger and death go hand in hand... so lets see... how about you feed me, or I kill you on the spot?"

The Halflings not really sure what to make of this... or for that case how to feed a massive red cloud, start to debate amongst them, until they are interrupted by a voice

"Ahem... waiter... I'd like to make a complaint about the service..."

The closest Halfling simply drops dead at the entity's voice (Death Domain: Wail of the Banshee) and picking up the dead body, the entity places it on a spit and begins to roast the unfortunate Halfling. Once the meat was well cooked, the death god attempts to eat it... and of course being a cloud, the roasted Halfling literally goes right through it, and landing on the floor.

"Well now... this is quite not what I expected... seems hunger is over-rated for one who can't eat..."

All of a sudden, several Halflings explode, as the death god goes on a rampage.

"Doesn't mean I can't have my fun though!"

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra: The Abyss

Enough of these intrusions. Asharra thought as she returned to the water... and her normal, writhing form. I've too much to do to be distracted by every roaming thing that comes here with no goal deeper than mindless destruction. If this goddess above sees me as a threat to her, then a threat I will be.

Before she left to pursue her own goals, however... one thing needed to be done. It was apparent now that at least one other creator sought to slay what she had made. Perhaps this was some sort of revenge for shunting the maw into the world above... In either case, she would brook no further insult or intrusion upon her realm.

With a massive rippling of energy and a swell in the darkness around her, it was done. None but the lowliest would enter the Abyss against her will. Let the death-bringer realize he was now trapped in Darrmoon's realm with no escape but to the material again, or a plane of his own devising. With that settled, and knowledge of the world above from her disciple and mortal lover, she finally felt it was time.

Swimming down into the lightless deep, she bid her remaining children to follow in her wake. By the time she had returned to the surface, the swimming mob behind her was immense. Her children were ready to be released. Stepping from the water again, pale and small compared to her firstborn children... she smiled.

It is time, my children. A whole world lies above for us to fill. She told them, determinedly, Already, we have enemies above. Do as you were made to do, and expand. Dominate. Learn from their servants all that you can before you devour them.

Asharra raised her hands, and the abyssal sea swelled, a literal pillar of water rising to the portal she had made above, held aloft by unseen hands. The Aboleth were first, as was their lot, swimming upwards into the portal and emerging into the now-flooded tunnels of the underdark. Behind them, her lesser children followed, a literal horde of beings set loose upon the world.

With a smile, she followed them.

----------------------

Asharra: Hope (The Underdark)

Her children scattered in every direction upon emerging from the portal below. The firstborn swam for the tunnels that led to the sea and began exploring the depths at their mother's demands. They were the watchers... and their knowledge would be hers.

The Tsochari and Illithids crept for the surface, both repulsed by the sun's blinding light and drawn there by the hum of life from above. What they found was stout creatures, scrapping and chipping at the earth for colored stone. Their tunnels had struck the underdark, and they seemed overjoyed at the idea of exploring it's depths. They would not remain so for long.

It started with one, a single dwarf whom had lagged behind and been inhabited by a Tsochari. The creatures were subversive and insidious, picking more and more of them off each day... replacing them with Tsochari-inhabited vessels in small numbers at a time. Nagging paranoia built amongst the camp as the dwarves began to notice that several of their companions were acting "off", but it was too late. Now almost outnumbering the free dwarves, the Tsochari miners collapsed the tunnels to the surface, trapping the dwarves with them in the dark. Then, in a frenzy of possession and fierce violence, they attacked. The only ones that escaped were the ones who took their own lives.

The remaining dwarves were subdued and enslaved... used as vessels for the first of the Illithids to grow to their true forms. Unlike their suicidal comrades, it took them days to die, as the Illithids bored into their skulls. What remained after looked nothing like the stout creatures they had been. Gaunt and stretched, with slender limbs and a face out of nightmares. The Illithids were finally and truly born.

The Tsochari-possessed miners dug out the tunnels to the surface, emerging to their worried kinsmen above with stories of a terrible accident, but of the riches that they found below in a series of new tunnels far, far below the earth. Greedy creatures, there was no doubts of what the dwarves would do... and they would be waiting. They would dominate. They would expand.

*scare chord*

--------------------

Divine Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Despite the wall of text above, her only action this time was to Lock the Abyss so people stop stomping on her crap. The abyss is now sealed to any creature with a divine rank who does not have her express permission to enter. Darrmoon's pocket of her realm is unaffected and can be entered by anyone who can find it.. but unless they have Asharra's permission or they're mortals, they can't leave the light of the festhall. Darrmoon is entirely unaffected, and can enter her realm if he really wants to... though she might seal him off later.

Lock Plane - 2pts

Total: 2 points + 2 point (weekly) - 2 points (Lock Plane) = 2 points.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Enki, with Darrmoon, Material Plane

Enki's face twitched with horror and disgust. He has seen some undead before on Hope, but they were fighting, not eating. Certainly, they were not eating something that was eating them. The whole sight nearly made the water god puke.

He was glad that his own children did not have to suffer thus, as after all, they were immortal, and the fishes were nothing but animals; they had no souls.
    (OOC note: Enki doesn't really know that much about dying at the moment. I don't know about other gods' creations, but Enki's animals do not have souls. The only things that have souls are those beings that are conscious of themselves).

The Halflings' pain touched him deeply, and even more so the pain of those souls trapped in the bodies of the undead. Such a cruel fate. Reincarnation into a world of a mortal's pain seemed like a mercy now.

The water god dropped to his knees. His Sirine, worried, knelt beside him and wrapped her arms around him. The Nixies and spirits, feeling fear for the first time, for their god, and because of that great maw, tried to create some sort of protective circle around their master.

His stomach hurt. He was sick. But the aching of his heart was even greater. "Is this all that they are here for, to satiate the ever-hunger of some mindless thing? Are they doomed to a world of pain and fear?"
    He struck the ground with his fist. "And all the others? For all the pleasure and warmth and happiness, is this pain really worth it?"
    The divine put his hands on the ground, and slowly lowered his head. "What am I to do?" he said.
    The Sirine tried to comfort him, reminding him of their time in the depths of the seas, but to no avail. As he heard another crunch of bones breaking inside that terrible thing, he gave in, and let the tears roll from his eyes.
    "What am I to do?"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Aevum, Heliopolis
    The lion-headed deity stood as Artis approached him, taking the sphere that was offered he smiled. "So by standing together in a pantheon we will be stronger than standing individually..." He stroked his beard and nodded, "Yes...I would be honoured m'lady." He bowed his head, "Though I may head this pantheon, we are all equals and I would never assume to command you." He turned to Dorian as the Sphere seemingly vanished, appearing at the very bottom of the everflowing fountain, protected by the holy waters.

As he was about to speak, soft wingbeats like music met thier ears as a figure decended from th open roofed temple. The figure was one of Aevum's Solars, standing at slightly under 9ft. tall the winged woman knelt low before the gods gathered. Her skin was tan coloured and her crimson hair cascaded down her back. A pair of glowing white wings were folded against her back and she wore a suit of masterfully crafted plate armour, polished to a silver shine. "You summoned me my lord?" Her voice was as melodic as her wingbeats.

"Indeed Alexandreia, you are the most powerful of my protectors, I need you for a special purpose." He placed a hand on her head and she was enveloped in a golden light, dancing like fire along her body. As she stood a large greatsword appeared in her hand glowing with a golden radiance. "You are to aid Lady Artis and her Faeli in any way you can, Artis, you have entrusted me with the lives of your children, so I entrust you with my finest warrior." The solar nodded before bowing before the Goddess. "And of you Lord Dorian?" He inquired, "Do you accept to become part of this pantheon?"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC
    Actions

Crate Pantheon = 2 AP (Assuming Artis and Dorian agree)
    Raise Mortal Hero Alexandreia Solar Paladin = 0 AP (I think...technically)

AP: 8 - 2 = 6 AP

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra: Hope

While her children set about their expansion, Asharra followed the firstborn as they set forth through tunnels that lead them into the massive oceans of creation. Her human-like form was frustratingly unsuitable for moving quickly through the water, and the aboleth left her behind in their haste. Once she had reached the open sea, she attempted to take on her true form, and received only pain in reply. Her natural form was anathema to this world, and creation itself seemed to bar her from it. Irritating.

Instead, she warped her humanoid form into one more suited for swift travel through the seas, replacing everything below her waist with a seething mass of tentacles not unlike those of her natural form. Pleased with the result, she set about exploring the seas.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just filler for now. In a few, I figure she'll wander across the weeping sea god... but I'm giving Rae a chance to join the game before I interrupt that scene.

And for the interested, this is pretty much Asharra's aquatic form. Minus the staff.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Feast of the Feasting, Darrmoon and Enki

A single halfling walked upto Enki, a wide smile on his face. His black and white robes cut close to his body and a white bit of fabric slung over his outstretched forearm. The halfling's formal clothing could, in time, be known as a butler's uniform. The short creature bowed to Enki then spoke softly.

"Welcome, I apologize to you for the rudeness for the holy creator. He is starving. A luxury we have not allowed. You perhaps are not blessed with the feeling of starvation? Or perhaps you have, yet have not learned the blessing."

The halfling seemed to glide up to Enki breathing deeply with his widened nose. His eyes closed for a moment in what seemed pure pleasure. The halfling smiled again, his sharpened teeth glittering he approached the distraught God. He quickly took the divine's hand and kissed it softly followed by a quick lick. The creature stepped back in shock dropping the God's hand.

"Why...you are quite the rare treat. You not only have never felt the pleasures of starvation, but have never hungered. Allow me to explain something."

The halfling clapped his hands and two halflings approached wearing pure white outfits holding black plates filled with bits of twitching undead flesh.

"Hunger shows one that they are in need of being filled. To be full. One could say that...hunger is the body and souls way of telling a being they can give themselves true pleasure."

The halfling broke off a single finger from a hand on one of the platters and pressed it against his lips then pulled back.

"Consumption is a holy act."

The tiny mans tongue danced over the putrid flesh for a moment, then he snapped his fingers and a table is brought out by two more of his kind wearing pure black robes and handing the butler a tool a sharp knife. The halfling grinned grabbing a hand of undead flesh and slamming it against the table that was wheeled out to them. Quickly the knife turned the twitching undead flesh into a pile of mush that still tries to move and bring itself back together.

"Allow me to explain. Food is the holy sacrament a tool of worship. All meals must be tenderized, prepared. The eater must have a relationship with it's meal. Then when each shred of flesh is taken from the food, it's worth the blood you shed. Wouldn't you agree?"

The small man licked his lips taking a single bit of the undead flesh and feeding it to one of his assistants. He grinned at the man before taking the knife to kill the man placing his body on the cutting table to be prepared.

"Or...is my worship a waste?"

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dorian smiled. "I believe I shall join your pantheon, yes." Dorian drew a wooden sword from his sheath and lay it on the ground. "I present one of my prized blades as a gift for entering."

Spoiler
    Show

6 AP (Two rollovers) -1 (Join Pantheon)= 5 AP
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Dinning Table

The massive red cloud looks around at it's handiwork. All over the Dinning Table, scores of Halflings are laying on the floor dead, others running around screaming in panic. The screaming stops as the death god pauses his rampage and looks around at the immaculately prepared table, stretching for miles, filled with countless dishes of all sorts.

"What a sad fate... born merely for the purpose of digestion..."

As the entity looks at the dishes on the table, it gets an idea on how to leave its mark on this world. A voice is heard all over the Dinning Table.

"RISE UP!"

At first nothing happens. In fact at the other end of the Dinning Table, the Halflings are serving food unaware of the carnage that is going on... that is... until one Halfling waiter, rushing from the kitchen, prepares to serve a roast chicken. The Halfling places the dish on the table, and turns his attention to serving a salad... however, upon looking at what he had just served, he notices that the roasted chicken is... crawling around the table. The Halfling, unable to beleive his eyes, approaches the chicken for further inspection, at which the zombie chicken jumps at the waiter, ripping his face to shreds.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC

AP 18 = 19-1; Pestilence; Night of the Living Full Course Dinner

All over the Dinner Table, chaos erupts, as the dishes rise up from the table and begin to attack the waiters, and spreading death all over. The god of death bursts into a hysterical laughter, as it watches a succulent spit roast pig trample to death yet another unfortunate Halfling.

"Oh I do enjoy finding new and imaginative ways for killing things!"

As more and more dishes rise up to wreak vengeance upon the very ones who cooked and served them, the death god took care to absorb every single death, as it began to grow in power.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC

AP 15 = 18-3, Raise DR to 7.

Actions done:
    Created the Moon
    Created Vengeful Spirits
    Created the Living Dead
    Night of the Living Full Course Dinner

(I just realized that I have not given my character any class levels... so I'm going to fix that. So I'll make him a... Dread Necromancer 10/ Cleric 10/ True Necromancer 8. So with the raise of DR, he is now a Dread Necromancer 12)

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

Aroha, with Enki and Darrmoon, Material Plane

The first tear that was ever shed by a God fell to earth... and knew itself. It felt the burgeoning life around it and knew love and grief all in the same moment. Life was pain and struggle and suffering and yet held such beauty. It sensed it's creators grief and would have wept for him itself were it but not a tear. And so it would not be.

It could not bear the feelings of pain and frustration that came from it's creator; the fear and suffering from the small ones about him. Using the force of it's will and the strength of the one who shed it, the tear took shape. It expanded itself, rising up from the ground, at first nothing more than a indistinct mass of water. It decided it would be a woman; a bringer of life and comfort. She would take in the pain from this world and give peace in its place. All creatures who felt pain would know her healing touch. They would all be her children and feel her love. If no one else, she at least would show them mercy.

The indistinct mass that floated before Enki began to take the shape of a woman, the water seeming to solidify into something more before his very eyes. When all was said and done the young woman that stood before him was beautiful. She was tall and slender with waves of dark hair falling down her back. Her skin was almost as white as the hooded dress she wore and her eyes, which had begun to shed tears as soon as she opened them, were amethyst.

Aroha knelt before her father and touched his face with her cool, pale hands.

"Do not weep, my Father, for I shall weep for both of us. Let me take your grief so that you may know peace."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Enki, same place

Enki's desperation overwhelmed him, as he could do nothing but watch with wide, watery eyes as the Halfling explained himself and his god. Seeing their customs and the commandments of these creatures, forced on them by their god, unfold right before him was bad enough, but to understand their reasoning was even worse.

He felt all strength escape him. His insides turned as the head butler, or so he assumed the twisted creature in front of him to be, took hold of the knife presented to him and started to cut open one of his own.

His head dropped to the ground again as his body gave way to something nasty and dark inside of him, trying to crawl out. It was then he saw one of his tears beginning to take shape. Quickly he put his hand over his mouth and barely held it back.

His daughter's touch was almost enough to take all his pain away. He held her hand against his cheek and was finally able to smile. It was not a feeling of happiness, or fun, or satisfaction. It was pure comfort.

"Daughter," he whispered, using his sleeve to wipe away the tears, "I'm so sorry."
    His grief taken away by his first born, he could feel nothing now but anger. He stood up and grabbed the wide-nosed Halfling by the collar, and with a great shout threw him at Darrmoon.
    He jumped up above the spirits and the sprites, roared with the strength of the depths and lunged at the Great Maw.

-----
    OOC: Also, 2 more AP from second rollover. 5 + 2 = 7
    Last edited by Goglas; 2010-05-11 at 08:08 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaleth, Valorum Tower Study
    Kaleth Paced in his study, looking out his crystal window at what his followers had made of his city. Now the warforged have spread throughout the city and were beginning to remake themseves. He felt more powerful than he had before, with a new grasp on his divinity. Now he needed to find allies.

Kaleth, Valorum Portal Room
    " Watcher, have you found anything of note."

"Yesss...lord." The long nights standing over the scrying had worn away at the watcher reducing her to a skeleton, but she was grinning a fierce smile. For years she had been blind to the world, but now she saw further into the nature of the world and into the souls of mortals and gods. "I believe I have found several new deities all gathered together for some purpose.

"Excellent, have the gatekeeper redirect the portal to the plane, and send a message to Zandrak he will be my first representative, while I shall prepare for my entrance."

Archmage Zandrak, Heliopolis

He looked at the pearly gates of the city in wonder and tapped a nearby archon.
    "Sir, I have a message for your master. could you lead me to him."
    Last edited by MasterofMockery; 2010-05-11 at 05:39 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Darrmoon, The Material Realm

Darrmoon was busy as Enki charged him. Eating tons and tons of flesh was a very engrossing task. Thankfully for those yet born, the Halfling Chef had been preparing the vexed God. Milking the emotional turmoil, pushing for more suffering. Letting the flavor of the dread mature into a spicy rage. The flavor was mature, the power of the emotion tainting the meaty flavor of the power divine. Yes, this meal was a masterpiece. One thing left to be done about all of it.

"My lord, the flavor is perfect. DINNER IS SERVED!"

The great mass of pink turned to the charging Enki, opening his massive maw in a gesture of hunger and consumption. This moment had been acted upon again and again by all hungry. One chew, two, three, then a swallow. The ritual was done. Enki was no more.

"Yum. MORE!"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Enki, inside Darrmoon

Darrmoon's maw was simply too enormous to dodge, and Enki's trajectory had already been decided seconds ago. It was too late. His rage turned into fright as the Great Maw closed around him, and before the first sharp teeth sliced through his flesh, he was already screaming in panic.

The first chew removed his left hand and sliced deep across his back. The second took off a finger and pierced his abdomen, his insides stretched against the huge monstrous teeth and his body dangling like a puppet on strings.
    The third chew separated his insides from his belly and he dropped on the thing's tongue. All was dark around, and extremely sticky. Before he could even moan at the pain, the tongue moved up and down, creating a small wave that pushed the water god to the beast's throat.

It was done. He would soon die, and he knew it. Covered in all the juices of Darrmoon's indigestion system, Enki was willing to let go of life. But the thing inside him was not. It still clung there, inside of him, perhaps even to his soul.
    "Push, father!" it called out to him. "Destroy this thing!"
    Enki's hand turned to a fist, and a sword appeared. Whether it was his own magics that brought it to him or that of the thing inside him, Enki was not certain, nor did he care at that point.

The sword, later to be known as Halfling's Bane, rose up by its own strength, and pushed Enki to his feet. The water god screamed, panic, fear, rage and that thing inside him all pushing him forward, and sliced open his way to freedom.

He staggered out, the light of the sun blinding him. Pieces of his flesh, still being eaten by Darrmoon's black juices, fell to the stained ground as he walked.
    Halfling's Bane fell to the ground, and Enki dropped to his knees beside it.
    He coughed, again and again, covered in the juices of Darrmoon and in his own blue blood, until he could hold the thing inside him no longer. He let it all out, small pieces of flesh and blood and juices all mixed by black, murky water.

When he was done, he coughed once more and fell unconscious into his own vomit.
    Last edited by Goglas; 2010-05-13 at 02:09 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

The great seas of the material were vast, and teeming with life of all shapes and sizes. Swimming through the deep oceans, Asharra was impressed at the sheer amount of things dwelling in this world. Everything from the tiniest fish and plants, to massive eels, to strange fey creatures could be found amongst the waves. She searched onwards, until a staggering pain rippled through the seas, along with the scent of blood upon the water. It was like nothing she had ever felt before... the pain of so much at once. It was as if the very seas themselves were suffering. A creator was fallen.

Speeding through the water, Asharra followed the pain to it's source. Every creature in the vast ocean could sense their lord's suffering. He was torn and broken... barely alive. The essence... the very life blood of a god trickled into the water beside the cavernous maw. She knew that creature all too well... The tattered one and the woman beside him less so. It would do her no good if the maw consumed the power of another. She would not have it become stronger than she.

Darrmoon!

Rising from the water and literally growing in size as she did, Asharra looked over the scene with anger in her eyes. Soon, she was utterly massive in size, her humanoid torso above the waters of the great sea as the tentacled mass beneath snaked through the sea below.

Enough of this! Unless you think you can best me as well in that wounded state, I suggest you return to your home! Or must two be slain today?
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2010-05-13 at 04:07 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Darrmoon, Material Realm

The massive creature looked at the Lady of Horror. His mouth agape as he spoke.

"What? You would deny me a meal? I should eat you...but you are not prepared. Food that is not prepared is a waste to devour."

Darrmoon turned slowly and moved to go to the dining table. It was time to deal with the creatures left there, and teach a being the meaning of domain.
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2010-05-13 at 04:43 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nothing: Hope (darrmoons wounds)
    As the great maw turns to leave his wounds pull open slightly and a thick dark ooze pours forth staining the ground. As the ooze pours out and spreads it begins to take the shape of a shadow of overhead light and the surrounding light begins to fade. When the oozing stops nothing begins to rise.

"So much something"

As Nothing reaches full hight he steps from the pool of ooze and begins to walk off.

"I must find less"
    Last edited by hatredspawn; 2010-05-14 at 11:25 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dwarves, Mountain of Nolam

Higher and higher did they build their dwarven mountain, pushing though the blue sky.

"We shall reach the skyshroud," they said with great pride, "The sky and heavens shall fill our grasp!"

Towers and dirt and trees and waterfalls made up Nolam, the great earthen finger. The dwarven earthmasters knew the secrets of stone, whispering the knowledge to Nolam. The splendor of the dwarves could be seen from distant lands, and the dwarves smiled at their high status and coming ascension. The dwarves were Nolam and Nolam was the dwarves. Their reach would extend to the realm of the gods!

Progress did not come with ease. Strangers from below the earth wished to take the Mountain of Nolam. Blasphemous creatures, they knew not how to build like dwarves yet wanted sky ascension for themselves! Their forms were many, yet united with their actions against their hosts. Clothing of skin hid their lies and attempted thefts of mind were made, but the strangers could not steal the essence of a dwarf! They knew not how to build like dwarves, nor did they know the father's father's and mother's mother's and those beyond. They tied their beards wrong and wore insulting braids, signs of their parasitism! A dwarf was ever vigilant against the strangers. Those who shied from community or grew lax of traditions were stripped of ambition for the sky and sent deep into the depths of the Abyss.

Urist Bershukar advised on the growth of Nolam and worked alongside his kin at the top.

"We shall tear the skyshroud," he said with his kin, "We shall build beyond into the realm of the gods!"

-----------------

Current AP: 7 (4+3rollover)

1ap Teach Dwarves: Masonry

6 = 7-1
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra watched as the gluttonous one left. She was certain she could best it had it choose to fight, but she much preferred that such was not the case. No sense in risking destruction if it could be avoided.

Gazing down to the tattered god and the woman beside him, she mused over her options. Earning an ally seemed the best idea... as she had likely just made an enemy in Darrmoon. The woman seemed similar in form to her own humanoid state... something she found curious. Another creator almost certainly. Shrinking down again to the same size as the woman before her, Asharra shed the writhing mass of tendrils that formed her lower half, instead taking on her own human form to match. She stepped dripping from the water and approached them both.

He must not perish. She said insistently, Get him away from here far and fast. There are other things. Worse things... that would revel greatly in slaying a creator.

Asharra held her hand over the pool of blood, bile and torn flesh that had been rent from Enki. At her will, the substance rose from the water and swirled about herself before it steamed into her hand and literally sunk into her flesh. After a few moments it had vanished into her, leaving nothing to stain her pale skin.

Suddenly, her mind and body were awash with the mingled essence of the gods themselves... the very lifeblood of a creator mixed with her own, filling her with a rush of power as it seeped throughout her being. For a moment she was still, her body shaking slightly under the influx of power... then a wicked smile crossed her face.

Mmm... Such power. She said with a silken laugh and a devil's grin, Best to keep from the wrong hands, hmm?

---------------

Godly Actions

Spoiler
    Show
    Technically this post is a smidge early, as I won't have the AP for this until the rollover on sunday, but I wanted to post now to give Raesha a chance to reply quicker, rather than sitting on my hands until sunday about it. If that's a problem, I'll rescind this action and push it forward a day or so.

I'm guessing it's ok though, so just assume this all actually happened on Sunday, post rollover.

Evolve Physically: Aka: The Quickening! Due to the many changes she's forced on herself of late. (Re-learning her human form, adapting to the sun, and most of all, absorbing the shed blood and bile of Enki and Darrmoon) 3 pts

Next post, she'll be birthing a certain Aboleth as a side effect of her divine theft/absorption.
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2010-05-15 at 09:14 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

Aroha, Material Plane

The woman now standing before her seemed off somehow. She couldn't quite put her finger on what it was about her... but at the moment it mattered little to Aroha. She had helped save her father from the maw. She was grateful.

Her gaze drifted from the woman to the broken form of her father. The tears that consistently trailed down her face began to flow a little faster. So much pain. It was a blessing he was unconscious. She moved over to him and bent down to gather his battered body in her arms.

"Thank you... for helping him. I'll protect him until he is strong again."

Aroha suppressed a shudder as the woman absorbed part of the flesh and ickor that had been left behind. The woman's smile was disquieting, as were her words... but Aroha chose to ignore these things for the time being.

"If you tell me who you are, I'll be sure to tell my father to whom he owes his gratitude."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Aevum, Heliopolis
    The lion-headed god nodded slightly and smiled, his eyes glowing gold as the light spread across his body and infused his being, the three gods were linked together in a pantheon. “There, it is done.” He spoke and returned to his throne, the solar picking up the wooden blade and smiling as she bowed to Dorian.

Solar Gatekeeper, Heliopolis
    The nine foot tall humanoid turned, his silver skin glimmering in the sunlight as he looked at the figure before him. His eyes, two pools of liquid gold regarded the creature curiously. “You are mortal are you not?” He raised an eyebrow, “We do not often get living mortals in this place.” His voice was deep and slow and seemed to echo throughout the plane. “Very well, follow me.” He walked towards the gates as they swung open silently as the solar made his way along the street, the white marble stones almost glowing in the sunlight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC
    Divine Actions

+3 AP Weekly Rollover
    -3 AP Raise Divine Rank (lost count of the actions I've done, but it must be at least 4 by now)
    -3 AP Evolve Physically (I just became the leader of a Pantheon)
    AP: 6+3-3-3 = 3 AP, Divine Rank +1 = 7, +1 Pantheon AP (Shared with Dorian and Artis)
    Last edited by Kogan Urufu; 2010-05-18 at 12:51 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra: The coasts of Hope (Alongside Raesha and Enki)

Father? She had called this broken one father. Asharra felt from this woman the radiance of a creator herself, and yet she had been created by another? She did not know that birthing another god was possible. The wicked smile gracing her lips deepened.

Asharra. She spoke simply, When your... father... is well, tell him to seek me out. In the deepest parts of the deepest sea, he will find the way to my realm. I will await him there. But tell me... what is your name?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

Aroha, Material Plane

A name? She had no name. She was mercy. Asharra watched her and she fought the urge to squirm under her disquieting gaze. She shifted her father's still form in her arms and unconsciously began pumping healing energy into him, drawing his pain into herself. The less he suffered the better.

"Aroha... you may call me Aroha. I'll be sure to tell him to seek you out when he is well again."