New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation - What Shall Be (IC)

Asharra: The coasts of Hope

Aroha. I will remember it. She promised with that wicked smile. I'm certain we will meet again.

And with that, she was gone, returning to the sea, and her aquatic form. An idea had formed in her head... One she was eager to test. She could feel new power in her form, and wished to test it. Leagues went by as she swum to the series of tunnels she had created... making her way into the underdark. She could already feel it forming inside her at her will. She made her way through the deepest tunnels, returning to the darkness of the Abyss.

------------------

The Abyss (Click for musical ambiance)

In the dark depths of her realm, she returned to her true form... the writhing mass of eyes and tendrils that made up her body stretching for miles in the endless deep. Her children gathered around her, curious... as she birthed new life in a way she never thought possible. The very essence of divinity seeped into the being she brought forth into her dark world... A god was born.

It bore the form of her firstborn children, the Aboleth... though it dwarfed them in size, and she could feel the waves of power rolling from the newborn god. It was perfect. As it emerged into depths of her realm, she spoke to it in her true voice, the deep, echoing sound coming from outside and within at once.

Welcome to existence, my son.
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2010-05-18 at 04:32 PM.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ulthrogrog-The Abyss

At long last, the time had come. Complete sentience. He felt the world shudder at his presence, and the fear gave him satisfaction. His body, vast and squamous, brimming with eldritch power wrapped about his boundless mind. He could feel every pulse of the Universe, and his mind reached far unto the blackest voids of space...and beyond. He felt the frozen water caress his form, knowing at once that he was home. The blackest depths of an antediluvian sea...this was where he belonged. His three eyes opened, various membranes sliding out of place, his eyes bulging out slightly from the relieved pressure before settling back into their sockets. He reached out to grasp a passing aboleth with his mighty tentacles, and observed it. After a moment of admiring its form, he let it swim from his grasp. His gaze then turned to his Mother. He found her form to be...exquisite. Indeed, she had power...but yet he could feel that his was greater. He knew his origin well...born of three gods...superior to them all.

When he spoke, his voice echoed through all of his gills. It was deep, powerful, commanding, and altogether abhorrent. Only a being like Asharra could truly hear such a voice and feel nothing.

"At long last, I dwell amongst the Creators. Mother...your world is beautiful. A realm of endless blackness, of frozen water...this is a world that shall endure for millenia...and yet never change. I know that the rest of the world thinks otherwise...insolent wretches." he growled, his tentacles curling slightly with rage before relaxing.

"...How fares the Father that takes a humanoid form? Does he live?" he asked nonchalantly, settling into his seemingly emotionless state. In truth, he cared for the state of his Father. He had many questions to ask his Mother and Father. He hungered for the knowledge that his mind had yet to receive.
    Last edited by CrypticOcean; 2010-05-18 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Bold and Italics equals accurate Ulthrogrog voice.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Dinning Table

The god of death, watched as the living dead ravaged throughout the dinning table. Helpless Halflings falling everywhere, only to join ranks with the attacking dishes. It had been fun at first, but now it was starting to get rather boring. Deciding that it had enough exploring around the various planes, what being a rather easily distracted creature, the entity decides that it has been sidetracked enough, and should return to what it intended to do, before it was interrupted by Artis' intrusion.

And so, the god of death departs the Dinning Table for the moon. Of course it doesn't mean that the living dead have stopped attacking anything that moves within the Dinning Table of course.

The Moon

In the skies above the wastelands of the moon, a bright flash erupts, as the god of death returns to its home. Back on the material plane, the Moon was always a point of great interest amongst the mortals. Dominating the night sky, it gave out an eerie colour as it rotated through its cycle of phases. However, eventually mortal astronomers noticed something odd... every time, there was a full moon, it was noticed the moon was getting... bigger?

It didn't take too long for astronomers to realize that the moon was not getting bigger, but was in fact giving off such an impression, due to the fact that the moon was coming to a closer proximity towards the earth itself.

Back on the Moon, the red cloud watches the material plane with evil intent, and shouts so that its voice can be heard throughout the entire Moon.

"And so the time comes. Awaken my friend! Stare down upon this sleeping world with me, as it awakens to see the sign of the end which draws near!"

There was no response upon the lifeless moon to the command which was given, save for the eerie silence. All of a sudden, the silence is broken with what seemed to be a long drawn moan, as violent earthquakes erupted all over the surface, causing massive chasms all over the surface, as the sentient Moon, obeying its master's command began to awake.

Back on the material plane, mortals looked into the night sky with awe, as the Moon slowly opened its massive eyes, full of malice, to peer onto the world. As it did so, more earthquakes erupt upon the Moon's surface as a grin is slowly formed, until the Moon, now fully awakened, leers maliciously onto the world, eagerness in its eyes to full fill its purpose.

"Patience my friend... patience. They have yet to know the true horrors of the Moon!"
    Last edited by Shmee; 2010-05-18 at 07:45 PM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra: The Abyss

You know of him? Interesting. She "spoke", impressed at the new creature's knowledge.

It seemed to have gained the knowledge that she herself possessed somehow. Or perhaps there was another reason. Facinating. Given the gift of her firstborn of memory, perhaps her spawn too gathered the memories of others of his kind.

He will live. His child tends him now, and I sense that she is powerful. She told her "son" with amusement as his lesser brothers and sisters gathered around him in awe, They will come to seek us when he is well, I am all but certain. But do not trust him. All who dwell out under the sun of creation will loathe you. Know this.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ulthrogrog-The Abyss

He brushed aside any creatures he felt were drawing too close to his form. His three eyes were constantly taking in his surroundings, with one of them always focused on his Mother. He took in her words, his mind translating every possible meaning those words could hold, and recording them. He filled his brain with possibilities, and still, it always had room for more.

His Mother spoke of Trust. He knew well to trust no one. He was certain that he could not fully trust her. She had her own goals and interests after all. While they may share goals for a time...paths always diverge at some point. He would always keep that in mind.

"I need no love from those selfish enough to believe that they deserve existence any more than we do. I shall turn their loathing into fear, and their hatred into madness. ...Mark my words, Mother. ...There will be a day where you shall be able to swim across a boundless sea, bereft of shorelines, and bereft of sunlight. And I shall be the one to deliver that fate unto them." he said coldly.

He paused for a moment, thoughts of his Father coming back to him.

"Surely" he said with some disbelief, "my Father realizes that his domain is cut off from the rest of the world. Should he not despise the land-dweller as well? Certainly, we need not trust him, but at the very least, should he not be our unwitting ally?"
    Last edited by CrypticOcean; 2010-05-18 at 11:37 PM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

I know not. All I know of your father is the taste of his blood. She told Ulthrogrog, And that he is foe to the beast that shares this realm. The one who lurks up above. It is likely foe to us both... and it will devour you if given the chance, as it tried to devour your father.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ulthrogrog-The Abyss

Ulthrogrog silently noted his mother's lack of omniscience.

"The creature is welcome to try. I am thankful for your warning, Mother. I shall be wary...while dreaming of its destruction." he said, drifting off slightly as he spoke of dreams.

He quickly became introspective, forgetting that existence of all else but the depths of his own mind. The mere mention of dreams made him think of the concept of the mind itself. He knew that he was capable of altering the world with his own...he was curious if others could as well. He reached out, knowing he could touch the minds of every creature in existence, reading their surface thoughts. He plunged deeper and deeper, removing the more insipid thoughts from his perception until he was only aware of the thoughts of his lesser brethren. To him, their minds were lakes in comparison to the ocean that was his mind. The creatures writhed and bellowed in agony as he plunged ever deeper into their thoughts. He saw the potential for something deep inside of them, a latent power waiting to still be unlocked. Their boundless minds had the potential to do as he did. To walk the corridors of others' minds, with or without their consent.

"Mother. You have bestowed the gift of Arcane power upon your children. But they have so much more potential...I shall show you what your children are capable of." he said proudly.

Thousands of sickly, bright-green tendrils extended from his forehead, burrowing into every aberration that his mind could percieve. Their mental anguish was excruciating, bolts of the energy licking across the flesh of the tormented creatures. Many began to bleed from their eyes and mouths, their brains expanding until they pushed through their skulls, leading to death. But for those strong enough to endure this trial had their vast intellects fortified further. From the mighty aboleth to the lowly illithid tadpole, they were all touched by his mind. He knew he had unlocked the potential for a great new power amongst his Mother's children. In an act of mercy, the mighty Aboleth god rejuvenated those that had been slain by his gift.

"The weak shall perish, but we are beset by enemies on all sides. We cannot afford to lose any of our own kind. When we are all that remains...then we shall cleave the weak from the strong." he said sagely, "I shall remain here with you until Father comes. He and I have much to discuss. All three of us do..."

--------------
    Godly Actions

Create Concept-The Power of the Mind (Psions and Erudites) 3 AP

20-3=17 AP

I hope I did all of that right.
    Last edited by CrypticOcean; 2010-05-18 at 11:39 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Already her child impressed her. Her children grew strong... far stronger than before. Her domain filled with the muddled, alien thoughts of aberrations as they explored this new power. She did not know if she would always be able to trust Ulthrogrog... but it hardly mattered. His very existence would do much she wanted done.

Impressive. You are every bit my equal, my child. Tell me... what will you do if your father stands against you? Where does your loyalty to him lie?

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ulthrogrog-The Abyss

Ulthrogrog surpressed the urge to correct his Mother, to tell her that he was her superior. However, he did not wish to displease her so quickly after impressing her. He took pride in her approval.

He thought for a moment on her other words. He knew that if his Father were to stand against him, he would do everything in his power to prove him a fool for doing so. He knew his Mother, by her very nature, was an inconstant being. Although he respected his Mother, and thus far had no reason to despise his Father (he hardly considered Hungry One his father in any sense of the word, so the brief thought of He Who Must Consume passed from Ulthrogrog's mind very quickly), he refused to be a slave to either of them. Both would call it something different, but in the end, a follower is a Slave, and a leader is a Master. As far as he was concerned, at least.

"My loyalty is my own, Mother. Never raise a hand against me, and I shall never be your foe. But I shall not be your follower. My mind and power are independent of your influence, and I intend for it to remain as such. However, I am your Son. I shall never be the one to initiate betrayal and conflict between us. This I swear. If Father does stand against me, he will have much to regret. I do not wish to make an enemy of him, but if he makes an enemy of me, I shall have no choice in the matter. I hope he makes the intelligent choice and stands beside me. Beside you. Beside us."

He paused for a moment, his mind ablaze with something he could not describe. It was a feeling he could not identify. It made him simultaneously angry and uncomfortable. Angry for not knowing the nature of something that dwelled within his own mind. Uncomfortable of the fact that there could exist something that he could not identify. However, he could not control it. He spoke once more, retaining his cold aura of authority.

"Mother. It would be logical to solidfy our alliance before Time alters our perception, as it is prone to doing. I wish to make an oath of my previous statement. A bond that would punish the traitor, should either of us forget what was discussed here." here the Son extended a tentacle towards his Mother, "Will you swear to me that neither you, nor a machination started by you, nor a machination involving you, or I, nor a machination started by me, nor a machination involving me, shall betray each other. So long as we are aware of the treachery, so long as we both exist? And should we dishonour this agreement, rest easy knowing that the traitor shall be harshly punished by the Law and Power that I invest in these Words?"

As he spoke, each word, indeed, became heavy with eldritch power. Each one carrying a meaning beyond what they stated. Each syllable holding a power that promised to deliver upon what it promised. He kept his tentacle extended, hoping that she would honour this request from her Son. Even if he never understood the feeling that boiled within him, he would at least know that this would banish it from his mind for eternity.
    Last edited by CrypticOcean; 2010-05-19 at 12:37 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra

The laughter of a thousand alien maws rung out through the Abyss.

Law? Law has no power here. It is a meaningless word of mortals who wish to pretend there is order and form to the world. She said in endless amusement, I have no reason to destroy you... not even to harm you. Why would I slay what I have birthed? I do not even seek to control you. I have enough servants.

The abyssal form of Asharra swam upwards towards the very surface of her realm, to where the light of the Dining Room burned faintly in the distance. The screams and dying groans of the halflings could be heard even from here.

I have no goals, my child. I simply... do. Even I do not understand it. She said, her massive form reduced to he small, harmless visage of a human woman as two of her Aboleth children carried her to the rocky shore. I spread... and create... and entwine myself with all that is. Perhaps one day, I will be part of everything. All knowledge, and all life will be part of me. But as long as there are creators, more will be made that I am not... and there will always be creators. So my task is as pointless as everything else. I am pulled by the strings that made me what I am... and no promise I made to you could change that. I will not insult you by claiming otherwise.

The pale woman looked out to the Dining room with an amused expression, the shrieks of the dying reaching her ears.

What is your goal, my child? To what strings do you dance?

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ulthrogrog-The Abyss

Ulthrogrog was correct about one thing. He felt the unknown feeling within him no longer. It was replaced by anger. To have his bargain spat upon so handily was more than enough to cause the Son to grow furious with his Mother.

He breached the surface, a titantic geyser of Blackwater erupting in his wake. Even to the beings that dwelled here, its mere touch could be anathema, sapping away life and replacing it with naught but the void. The water struck the shore, but he was not angry enough to direct it towards his Mother. The pure Blackwater fell about her, a substance that when wielded by Ulthrogrog, could even be anathema to her.

Yet, it slid back and away, congregating about him once more. He now easily dwarfed Asharra, and if he so desired, he could crush her to a pulp. Alas, he could still not summon up enough hatred to do so. His wrath was surpressed, and slowly, he became cold once more. Thunder rumbled in the sunless skies of the Abyss, and although Ulthrogrog's demeanor seemed calm, the seas boiled and tossed about with his fury.

"You speak of the nonexistence of Law, yet speak of the unchanging nature of the world. No matter how much change this world endures, as you said yourself, Mother, there are things that shall always be. That, dearest Mother, is the true essence of Law."

His voice boomed forth from the orifices lining the sides of his head, a thousand voices all conforming to the same statement.

"These 'strings' you envision are of your own construction. You know naught of what you do, yet speak as if you understand all while making claims to the contrary. You may call my goals and desires what you wish, but as I can decide my own path, I know they are not strings. I am the Master of all that I do!"

He composed himself completely, each one of his words spoken in careful cadence and measure. Although the seas were still filled with mighty waves, and the thunder still echoed, they mimicked his order and composure.

"This is my goal, Mother. I shall strike at Creation itself. First, the land-dwellers will know the suffering of the deeps. Then, all will despair to see that the Sun has lost its glow. When the world is covered in constant, unchanging darkness, then I shall snuff the stars. Then I shall snuff the Creators who dare to push us aside like refuse. And then, I will find the Origin of all that once was, is, and shall be. And when I do, I shall be Master of Fate. Then you shall know that Order is not a mortal-born concept. For you shall be living in a world where naught but Order exists. Creation shall drown, Mother. The seas shall spread to all ends of the Universe by my tendrils. Then you shall know who pulls the strings."
    Last edited by CrypticOcean; 2010-05-19 at 11:59 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Ambitious for one so young. Asharra spoke with a cruel smile. Clearly the mingled essence of three gods had made him powerful. Or perhaps just foolish. His fixation on order had not come from her either. Perhaps one of his parents?

Asharra stepped to the edge of the water, her human form small and insignificant in appearance beside the titanic body of her Aboleth son. Still, she did not fear him. She feared nothing, in fact. Creation? Existence? Life? It was all temporary, even for gods. She had been nothing before, and some part of her longed for it again. Curious.

Very well, my child. Cast your spell again, I agree to your terms. She told him in a calm, silken voice, extending a hand out over the water, I would no sooner betray you than I would myself.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ulthrogrog-The Abyss

Truly, his mother was inconstant. First, she dismissed his pact on its pointlessness, and now she desired for him to intiate it again. There were a multitude of reasons could be doing this. Perhaps she was merely humouring him, after seeing him display his strong belief in Order. Or perhaps he had convinced her of something after all? Whatever the case, he would seize this moment while it still existed. For in the blink of an eye, he knew that all could change. His voice boomed forth, the words of the Pact heavy with power.

"Will you swear to me that neither you, nor a machination started by you, nor a machination involving you, or I, nor a machination started by me, nor a machination involving me, shall betray each other. So long as we are aware of the treachery, so long as we both exist? And should we dishonour this agreement, rest easy knowing that the traitor shall be harshly punished by the Law and Power that I invest in these Words?"

He extended a tentacle and gently wrapped its tip about her comparably tiny, frail hand. No words needed to be spoken, for the Laws of the Universe, as inperceptible as they were to others, resounded in confirmation of the Pact. A soft pulse of midnight blue energy radiated outwards from both of their forms, and faded into nothingness. His tendril lingered upon her hand for a moment, before sliding off, leaving its slimy residue even after it left. Shortly after, a small green symbol of arcane power appeared upon Asharra's palm. A similar one appeared upon Ulthrogrog's tentacle. It was done.

"Through this symbol, we shall know the state of each other constantly. When it detects the act specified in our Pact, its retribution shall be...most deadly. And it shall, of course, alert the other to this betrayal...not that you have any reason to turn on me, or I, you. It shall also let us know when the other is in danger...whether or not we aid each other when that time comes, is entirely up to us."

"I shall not fail in my goals, Mother. Your dreams may yet become a reality."
    -----------------
    Godly Actions

Forged Pact-"The Love of a Son" or "Pact of the Dwellers in the Darkness" 2 AP.

Essentially, this functions as a reversal of an "Aid Ally". If Asharra or Ulthrogrog get any funny ideas (or rather, act on any funny ideas), it will lay down a great retributive strike on the guilty party (the power of which is not instantly fatal, but the injuries will be crippling.) I also functions as a bit of an alarm system for the Aid Ally function, although either one would still have to spend the AP to perform the Aid Ally function, as normal. I know I am taking a lot of creative liberty here, but, since he is a SUPER LAW GOD, I figured it was not too off.

17-2=15 AP
    Last edited by CrypticOcean; 2010-05-19 at 12:35 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Barbarian in the Playground

Urist and Dwarves, Mountain of Nolam

Urist Bershukar stood atop the greatest work of the dwarves, Adamant Blade in hand. Ever higher they rose in the sky, searching for the top. The thin blue marked their progress, and the moon grew large, yet they still climbed.

The great height made breath feel light. The shroud was close. The Adamant Blade, his work and arm, gleamed with purpose. Urist felt the dwarves were on top of the world, yet there was something pushing him to go further. Climbing this far meant the dwarves were strong, but they needed to press on beyond the expected limit.

Lifting the Adamant Blade, Urist pointed it to their next destination, beyond the world and sky. The blade cut into the fabric of the skyshroud, tearing a way into Heliopolis. A realm of god would have mortal feet tread upon it.

Urist and Dwarves, Heliopolis

Urist Bershukar and the dwarves were amazed at the sight before them. A strange land of strange beings. The air carried a power, and tall gleaming buildings stood. The angels gathered to see the new visitors, and the dwarves huddled in protective vigilance.

Urist Bershukar stood on top an altar, calling out to all in the strange plane with Adamant Blade held high.

"We built the tallest mountain to reach the sky! We have torn the skyshroud! In these strange lands, we shall show our strength by building to the top and beyond!"

The dwarves cheered, the angels stood perplexed, and the Mountain of Nolam reached into Heliopolis.

------------------------

9 = 6+3(rollover)

3ap Raise DR (7 to 8)
    Create Herald (Urist Bershukar)

6 = 9 - 3
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Solar Guardian, Heliopolis
    The gold-skinned figure raised an eyebrow as the clouds below parted, the top of a great mountain rising from them, humanoid creatures, no more than 4 and a half foot in height began to decend from the mountain, stepping onto Heliopolis. The leader was clutching some kind of blade in his hand and yelling out for the crowd.

Spreading his snow wite wings he rose into the air, approaching the mountain before stopping in front of the dwarf, his wings beating lazily as he stood in mid air. His silver eyes regarded the small creatures with a mixture of indignation and contempt. "Would you mind telinginforming me as to the reason you are here, uninvited and unannounced?".

16. - Top - End - #106

Quote Originally Posted by Kogan Urufu View Post
    Solar Guardian, Heliopolis
    The gold-skinned figure raised an eyebrow as the clouds below parted, the top of a great mountain rising from them, humanoid creatures, no more than 4 and a half foot in height began to descend from the mountain, stepping onto Heliopolis. The leader was clutching some kind of blade in his hand and yelling out for the crowd.

Spreading his snow white wings he rose into the air, approaching the mountain before stopping in front of the dwarf, his wings beating lazily as he stood in mid air. His silver eyes regarded the small creatures with a mixture of indignation and contempt. "Would you mind telinginforming me as to the reason you are here, uninvited and unannounced?".
    Urist gaped at the glorious being of creation, a watcher of the people's of the world. Urist, like many dwarves, still held onto his ambitions and fortitude. He beat his chest and proudly said for all to hear:

"Why, we have the burning desire to reach the sky! Our hands carved a great mountain so we may come closer to our desire, but we knew there an even higher place to reach! This place was at the top of the sky, hidden from our worldly eyes, but now we shall reach on high! There is no place to go but up, and we shall go above this world of yours!"

The dwarves cheered and applauded, their spirits a-fire. These winged creatures were strange and held the gift of flight, but the dwarves would reach higher than them regardless of their stature!
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Tsochar-inhabited Dwarves: Heliopolis

The dwarves cheered as they reached the heavens and rent then asunder, revealing a new world. It was not long before the inhabitants of this world took notice of them... and the tsochar were ready. For a long time, they had toiled away inside their inhabited forms... knowing that their mother wished they to spread... and observe. They made occasional contact with the Illithids down below the earth, who were spreading in their own way, claiming the occasional new vessel from amongst the dwarves that strayed too deep. The Tsochar informed them of the dwarves and their leader... as well as his goals and weapon... an artifact of great power that must have come from the gods themselves.

This day, as they stared out into the new, radiant world they had discovered, they knew they had found something that their mother would be most interested in. Even in their stolen forms, the sun here was uncomfortable, and they shielded their eyes as they looked up at the radiant creature that landed in their midst. One dwarf in the back slipped away while the majestic creature captured the attention of all... making his way down the mountian slowly to bring this news to where it needed to be. The others did as they always did... and simply observed.

----------------

Elarion Duskbringer: The Underdark

With the sound of tearing flesh, Elarion rent the chained kobold in a clean cut down his abdomen. The slave's screeched echoed throughout the massive chamber as it hung helpless over the carved stone altar, it's blood pooling on the already heavily stained rock. Just beyond the altar, the jagged rocks dropped off suddenly into an underground sea... it's dark waters descending far, far below the earth into another realm entirely. Motions in the great sea hinted at the beasts it contained... Aboleth and Tsochari mostly. Servants of the dark lady.

Mistress! Hear me! Elarion called out to the black sea, I have done all you asked! Praise of your name fills these caves! More slaves are taken every day! What more do you wish of me, my mistress?

The blood of sacrifice dripped from the altar of the dark lady into the water below... and the sounds of movement from it increased... but still his lady did not appear before him. For too long now he had been without her, and a longing had been building in him that nothing seemed to satisfy. He needed her, like a drowning man needed air.

Has the lady abandoned us? Said a Faeli woman to his side.

Her name was Keia, and her home village had been overrun with the dead before Elarion had met her and put the dead to rest with his magics. Keia had showed him her gratitude in more ways than one, and had been one of the first to join the cult of the lady... bringing the survivors of her home with her. Since then, they had grown strong in this cavern of monsters alongside the lady's other children... the Illithids.

Do not ever speak such things! Elarion said in a mix of anger and fear, We are her chosen! I... am her chosen! She has given us power and safety from the dead above, and you would doubt her?!

Keia recoiled from him, pale hands clutching her holy symbol.

I'm sorry. I did not mean to doubt.

Never do so again. The lady will return to m.. to us. She is testing us. He assured himself.

Of course. She said with a bow of her head.

Elarion and his magic had saved her life and brought her to this safe haven beneath the earth. No matter how the lady's other children disturbed her, she trusted Elarion, and she could tell that the lady's absence weighed on him. He spent his days tense, and slept fitfully. Nothing she could do seemed to fulfill him. Of late, he even seemed too disinterested to share her bed.

We must do more. The lady does not reward the weak. We must prove to her that we are worthy of her blessings! Elarion said determinedly, We must expand.

All who would join us have. Keia reminded him, Most of the others have sworn allegiance to the sky lord or the shaper instead. How will we convince them to join us instead?

We have no time to convince them. Already the moon has shifted... the dead grow stronger. The enemies of the lady are massing, and they will see us slain. Elarion told her, something close to madness behind his eyes, We must bring them into the fold no matter the means.

She knew what she meant to suggest, and the idea worried her more than anything she had seen in the caverns. Her mouth opened, but she could not bring herself to speak before he answered her question on his own.

Ready our arms and armor... and cut down that worthless thing. We will go to the surface and bring the other tribes onto the true path if we must drag them here in chains to do it.

----------------------

The power seeping forth from her child was impressive... strong enough to affect even her, now that she had agreed with him. Where his personality had come from, she did not know, but it was all the same.

Do as you will, my child. I will never harm you. She said contently, Your powers are vast and this place as much your home as mine. Do as you will... There are whole worlds yet you have not seen.

--------------------

Divine Actions (Sorta)

Raise mortal followers - Elarion to level 12 (Sorcerer 6, Alienist 6) Keia to level 6 (Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 3) I'm guessing this is allowed despite my god not being present beside them, as they've been gaining exp and praying to Asharra constantly.

And for the record... my version of Sorcery and inborn magic spread quickly amongst the Dark Faeli... as well as their obvious change in temperament and appearance. Their findings have showed that the lady's blessing (IE: Sorcery) spreads through worship and intimacy with those already blessed. That's right... being a drow or a sorcerer is an STD. That IS how Elarion got the power, after all.

That should encourage lust AND make for a pretty heavy increase in population over time. Of course that means the way to change regular Faeli to Dark Faeli is a bit squicky... but it IS Asharra we're talking about. Destroying the world via her girlie bits since the dawn of time!
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2010-05-24 at 04:01 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ulthrogrog-The Abyss

Ulthrogrog nodded his massive head deliberately at the goddess, his tentacles sliding back into the sea.

"I thank you, Mother. Then I shall make this my home, for the time being. ...I have touched the minds of all of those in these other worlds...perhaps it would do me well to learn of my enemy. Yet I know that the Laws of this Universe shall not allow me to tread upon the Material Realm. ...I shall invest some of my essence upon the Plane. Should Father visit us while I am busy, alert me. I should like to know where he and my Sister stand."

He plunged back into the blackest depths of the Abyss, swimming ever deeper, finding a place where he could truly be alone. He wrapped himself in darkness and frigid cold, intent on not being disturbed by his lesser brethren. They took the hint well enough.

He began to concentrate his power into a single point, scrying into the Material Plane and observing the best place to manifest this power. He was disgusted with the land the marred the surface of the ocean. To him, they were like festering sores upon the world, the creatures upon them were nothing but parasites writing about in their own pus and blood. The light that reflected upon the seas did not suit his liking. He continued to move his vision deeper and deeper into the seas, until he reached the coldest, darkest depths he could find. They paled in comparison with the seas of the Abyss, but they would have to make due. The Blackwater manifested and coalesced into a perfect, featureless sphere of sable. It began to take his shape, and while it was still massive compared to his brethren, it was nothing compared to his true form. He bestowed within this shell a fraction of his essence, enough so that now, his mind existed in two planes at once. He moved his perception to his shell, leaving his true body behind.
    -----------------
    Ulthrogrog-The Oceans of Hope

The transfer was jarring at first, but he quickly adapted. He quickly filled the trench with Blackwater, claiming it as his own. Any creature that was not quick enough was soon consumed by the Blackwater. Animals and other such mundane creatures were killed and dissolved in mere moments, as did many of the water-dwelling fey. However, he quickly took interest in the creatures, grabbing as many as he could in his tentacles, sustaining their life. It was nothing short of sheer torture for the creatures. He muted their cries for help, crushing their minds expertly so that nothing but catatonic, but living, shells remained. The hundreds wrapped about their tentacles were subject to a horrific change. They lost all of their beauty, their faces lengthening into fish-like snouts, filled with rows of razor-sharp teeth. Their eyes became completely black and bulbous, their hands warping, growing thick webbing and heavy claws. Their bodies bulked considerably, layers of supernatural muscle fortifying their now-scaled forms, replete with sickly green veins of Psionic and Arcane power. Their scales were the same deep, near-black midnight blue as their father's liquid-like skin. The creatures resembled the near-alien benthic fish whose corpses surrounded them, merely with a humanoid form.

He repaired their minds, solidifying their obedience to him. He released them from his grasp, but they did not leave his side. Amused at his creations, he issued forth an order.

"Multiply, my children. The sea is your own. You are the rightful inheritors of this realm. Do not harm your brethren, but do educate them in the way of our supremacy. Those who dwell beneath the waves are the Blessed Ones who shall be spared the coming Black Tide."

It was only by the power of his deityhood that the creatures understood his strange speech, each singing praises to him. However, they paused, no stunned that they did not know the name of their creator. They feel silent, until a single one swam forward, the largest of the bunch, bowing in deference.

"Forgive us, O Watcher in the Depths, for we are but ignorant wretches. What name shall we sing in praise when we deliver your message unto others, and do your work?"

Ulthrogrog thought for only a moment, searching deep inside himself, and at once knowing the syllables of power that formed his being.

"I am Ulthrogrog, The Watcher of the Deep. He who asks questions in search of knowledge shall be praised, and he who mires in ignorance shall perish. Challenge not my power, but remain learned nonetheless. Knowledge of the Laws of the Universe is essential to learning to control them. Destroy the Land-Dweller, protect the Ocean-Born. Those are my commands, that is my wish."

He touched the creature who had been brave enough to gather knowledge from a being he did not know, and instilled it with power greater than that of his brethren. He named the creature "Daeldroth", and taught it the ways to channel Ulthrogrog's divnity.
    --------------

Daeldroth-Ocean of Hope

"Heed my words, my brothers and sisters!" hissed Daeldroth, clearly enjoying the power his god had allowed him over his kind, "Our task is clear! Our numbers are few, and the Land-Dwellers are many. We must bolster our ranks! Our god, Ulthrogrog demands that we bring war unto those who walk in the light of the Sun! We must look to our former kindred for aid. They shall give it, whether they are willing, or whether we have to employ...our more convincing ways given to us by our most mighty god!"

They all let forth a final wave of praise for Ulthrogrog, and soon left his physical sight.

Daeldroth and his brethren set forth, converting the willing, and dominating those who did not wish to worship this newborn god. All experienced the transformation at the hands of Daledroth, who had been infused with the aboleth god's flesh-warping slime and corrupting Blackwater. Slowly the warped humanoids became more and more common under the sea, but they made certain to stay hidden within the Blackwater Abysses. They knew well that they were now biding their time. They would need far greater numbers to destroy the Land-Dwellers.

---------------

Ulthrogrog-Ocean of Hope

An invisible change was coming over the world, as no god other than his Father had a vested interest in the seas. He felt power coursing through him, as if the alterations he had made to this world had bestowed him with greater strength. He indulged in the power, greedily devouring it, but when he was finished, he was still hungry for more. Still satisfied with his work thus far, but still not done with his business on the Material Plane, Ulthrogrog began to make his way towards the shores, intent on setting the ground for his aspirations.

----------------------
    Godly Actions

Choose Home: The Abyss

Create Avatar, Mold Land, Create Subrace (Ocean-Born aka Phrenic Skum) -5 AP

Raise Mortal Hero-Daeldroth Phrenic Skum Cleric Lvl 6-No cost

Increase DR 6+1=7, -3 AP

15-8=7 AP
    Last edited by CrypticOcean; 2010-05-20 at 12:29 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

Aroha, Material Plane

She carried the unconscious form of her father. She did not know for how long she walked, and truthfully it did not matter. Her body did not tire. She stopped when she reached a shore. The ocean was vast and there were cliffs of white that gave way to a sandy beach. Her father would like it here, she knew. The gentle lapping sounds of the water would comfort him. She set him down on the sand and pushed out with her power. The ground around them trembled slightly as tall marble pillars broke the surfaced and rose high into the air about them. The sand swirled and fused adding structures of radiant glass to the magnificent architecture of the forming temple. This would be her home. Elysium. A place of beauty and peace. None who sought to harm them would be able to enter.

The building was open and inviting, tucked against the back of a sea-side cliff, the waves of the nearby ocean almost reaching it's marble steps. Long, diaphanous curtains hung from the open archways and fluttered in the wind. This would be their sanctuary while she worked.

She laid her gentle hands on Enki's torn flesh and began to mend. Her ever-present tears flowed faster as she pushed her power into her fallen father. As his bones began to reknit and the gashes in his flesh closed, she made sure to draw his pain into herself. This healing would be painful and she did not want him to suffer. She would bear the burden for him.

After some time, her work was finished and she sat back to look upon her creator. He was once again whole and unblemished and she felt a sense of pride in her accomplishment. His wounds had been grave. Despite the fact that his body bore no mark of his previous injury, he was still asleep. The mind could be a fickle thing, so much harder to heal than any bodily injury. She sat back to wait until he regained consciousness. Her father was strong, she knew he would make it through. In the meantime she was content to sit and watch the ocean, feel the cool ocean breeze on her face and gaze at the wonder of this new world she had been born into.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mold Land -1AP (created temple from cliffs and sand)
    Create Artifact "Elysium" -2AP (none who enter can do harm)
    Starting AP 20 + 2 (sunday rollover) -2 -1 = 19

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Darrmoon, The Dining Table

Darrmoon entered his home, there was no food. Undead, the creatures of Death that dared to walk. Creatures who brought no satifaction to the starving gut of Darrmoon. Creatures of not. Darrmoon cared not for them, and did not care to eat them any longer. The material plane swarmed of them, and now his own table was taken over by the spiral of undeath leading not to flavor or to satifaction, but to ruin. Undead.

The scourge would not be allowed in his domain, he was the avatar of hunger, food would be aboundant not rare. The halflings were to serve him, to feed him, to give him new flavor. The undead currupted his power, his flock, and his way of thinking. They would eat without filling and give such things to Darrmoon.

Was the Abyss the only place that could fill his gut and bring him peace? Was the Lady Ashe the only creature who understood flavor? A dark grimmice came over Darrmoon, how dare she? How dare she bring into her busom the only flavor Darrmoon felt fullfilled by!? He would have vengance, this would not be allowed. Darrmoon consumed the Dining Table in whole, spitting the massive plane back out, a barrian waste.

(Shape my Plane: No longer a Table, now a wasteland devoid of anything, save the refuse of a meal eaten. (bones, bits of rotten fatty bits, broken china.))

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

21. - Top - End - #111
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dorian, Heliopolis

Dorian smiles at the solar, and then bows to Aevum. "I must take my leave now. Good day to you, sir." With a word, Dorian disappears.

Dorian, the Void

Dorian stepped into the void and sighed. He needed a home. He was sick of the void, where no life could reign free. Determined to do something, Dorian reached out his hands and pulled forth power from all of nature, bringing about his own plane, and empowering himself.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ugh... I hate dancing.

5+3(Rollover)- 3 (Raise Divine Rank 6-7) -3 Create Plane (Kalintar)
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

22. - Top - End - #112

The Moon

The red cloud floated in the skies above the moon, peering down upon the world. The end to come was drawing nearer... even though it was coming a little slower than it would have liked. The wait was excruciating for one as excitable as the god of death, and yet it would wait, simply to savour the feeling of pure dread and horror when mortals and creators alike would realize the futility of it all.
    T
    It is then, that the entity of death heard a single challenge.
    H
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose Fisher View Post
    Nedain, Hope

"To those who animate death, hear me! I, a being of life and mind, challenge you! By rite of arms shall we find the greater!"
    E
    A mortal... daring to challenge the living entity of death? Perhaps it could spare a moment of distraction while it waited for the end... yes... the god of death would indulge itself with a little entertainment.

Nedian
    Hope
    F
    As Nedian and the Faeil braced themselves for yet another wave of corpses, they notice something weird. The living dead have stopped their advance, and have all turned towards the giant leering face of the Moon, as if something had given them the command. All of a sudden, the in unison, the living dead opened their mouths and began in a cacophony of howls and roars to sing praises, in their own way, to the Moon.
    R
    Suddenly in front of Nedian and the rest of the defenders, the cacophony of the living dead is drowned out by a mighty gust of unholy wind, as a gate is opened.
    E
    "I have heard your challenge, she who is a being of life and mind! The living dead have halted until you cross the threshold of my lair. Once you do, the waves of the living dead shall crash upon your allies with even greater ferocity!"
    I
    "Then I shall cross," said Nedian, "We all must give ourselves to bring peace."
    H
    Nedain stepped forward and was dragged by the red mist to its lunar domain. All held Hope as the vengeful dead crashed upon their battlements.
    E
    The Moon
    R
    The lunar domain was a hateful place. Life cannot live where death reigns. Nedain felt the pull toward eternal rest, but her passion secured her.
    R
    "Animator," Nedain called, "show yourself and face the challenge."

The surface erupts in a series of violent earthquakes, as the mortals fighting on the material plane would notice that the Moon's face starts to shift into one of sarcastic amusement.

A voice booms from everywhere across the Moon

"Pathetic little mortal, you tread upon my realm. I am nowhere and everywhere at the same time! Perhaps you shall prove to me that mortals have more manners than the creators and actually indulge me with your name? After all, we shall be spilling our blood soon..."

"I am Nedain. Face your challenge."

"I am sorry... I may have many things... but a face... is not one of them..." Answers the cloud sarcastically.

The voice was biding time, threatening lives in peril. Nedain knew every minute was to her enemy's advantage.

"We all have a face," she said, "Yours isn't physical. You fight through proxies and manipulations. If we are to fight on even ground, you must bring a physical face."

"Ah, but I am afraid we are not on even ground, but though I normally do not do special requests, I shall make an exception for you... consider it as your dying gift."

With that, the red cloud begins to gather itself up into a single point, and with a roar, slams itself onto the surface of the Moon not too far from Nedain. A bright light starts to shine from within the rotating pillar of cloud, until all of a sudden, the cloud disappears, and from it emerges a new figure.

The humanoid creature was a head taller than Nedain, dressed in impeccable clothes which would remind one of the way that nobles dress amongst the mortals. It's leathery-like skin was the colour of deep blood red, and one would notice its equally red tail which ended in in an arrow-like tip. The creature's leathery face was dominated by a huge toothy grin, which almost went from one ear to another and its golden eyes, full of hate and malice.

"There... does this suit your needs?"

Sneers the god of death as it places a top hat on its head to cover its pair of huge horns protruding from its bald forehead.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC SHMEE
    AP 18= 21-3, Evolve

The face of evil had revealed itself! A form of oppression and manipulation, it was the enemy shackling the world to the sins of its past. Nedain cared not for its garb of theatrics, for it knew they were tainted by its rotten core. Nedain said:

"We are equal, Animator; to battle!"

And evil and mortal fought. Nedain weaved about, limbs darting to and fro to collide with her foe. Her feet were hardened with burden, her hands strengthened by action. Her blade, from craft whispered into the ears of Faeli by the Shaper, shined light about the battlefield.

The lunar domain leeched the life of the one from the world, yet she pressed on. Every motion was for her people.

"This may be your domain," Nedain said with sweat forming on her branch-adorned brow, "But I shall fight for the cause I know is good and right!"

In response to Nedain's attack, the god of death makes a quick flick of his hand, and creates a cane, which he uses to parry her blows. As they cross weapons, the animator pushes his face closer and closer to Nedain, while she is sweating from the effects of the Moon, the death god has not even started to sweat. With a push, he sends Nedain hurling away.

"Oh, but we are anything but equals my dear..."

Says the animator as he slowly makes his way towards Nedain, wanting to make sure that this mortal is aware of the folly of her actions, and wanting to savour the taste of her despair.

"Right... wrong... good... evil... it all means nothing in the end, and that is something none of you can understand!" yells the Animator as he lunges forward towards Nedain with a stabbing motion of his cane.

The blow sends Nedain tumbling across the dusty plains. Her breathing grew heavy from the choking vapors. The Animator claimed it was greater, but it spoke from a higher position than she. Nedain lifted herself up, her body aching but her spirit burning bright.

A cough, a sputter, the mortal seemed weak to the god. Fragile and fleeting as a Mayfly were they to a higher power. However, the mortal does not accept its fate, it presses on and shines!

Nedain stood tall and faced her foe. She felt a power rise within her, fueling her will. The branches on her forehead became antlers, a symbol of her cause.

"I may appear lowly, but that is where you are wrong! I do not cower before you, I seek to tear down the tower you stand in! My cause is right for I know it is, and its greatest value is what I give it!"

Nedain charged the evil one, aiming for the despicable face.

"Face retribution for your deeds!"

Spoiler
    Show

OCC MOOSE_FISHER
    Create Herald (Nedain)
    3ap Evolve Physically
    3 = 6-3

Sparks fly as the weapons once again cross.

"Ignorant little gnat! Fight on! For all the good it will do you! Struggle against your fate all you wish! It matters little! This if the very reason why I hate you mortals... I despise you with every fibre of my being! Your stubborn refusal to just sit there and dies annoys me! "

All of a sudden, the Moon itself jumps into the fight, an earthquake causing Nedian to lose her balance and fall to the ground. The death god approaches her, his cane in position to deliver the final blow. It had been fun at first, but now this charade was starting to bore him.

"Perhaps you should have been more specific with the terms of the duel..."
    he says chuckling evilly "...a lesson to be learned for the next life... except there won't be one for you... I will ensure of that... personally!"

In a blur of motion, the god of death goes for the kill.

But, for Nedain, the acuity of her mind and spirit deflected the blow. She set her blade to her side and thrust with all her might. The virtuous blade cut through air, cane, and flesh. The face of the Animator had been marred!
    Hey look a secret message
    Nedain rejected the god of death with the impact of her heel and a flip back to her feet. A smile came to Nedain's face.

"First blood, the battle is mine! Knowing your nature, a drop of blood is not enough to satisfy. For one who revels in death, it is the only end."

The blade hovered to the side, ready to be called upon for another taste of blood. Yet as threatening as Nedain was, the god of death was completley ignoring her, but was staring intently into his palm, in complete disbelief... his own blood... his divine blood... shed by a mortal...

Discarding the blood from his hand, the Animator turns towards Nedain. While his face still had his perpetual toothy grin, she could tell by the look in his eye that he was not pleased at all.

"Filthy... little... sheep.. now you've done it... I had thought to play with you, but now you are so very... annoying... AND I HATE BEING ANNOYED!"

Screaming, the death god slams the remains of his cane onto the surface of the Moon. As if commanded, the Moon begins to shake violently, to the point that even the Animator had to steady himself.

"And so... the end begins... all thanks to you..." he hisses at Nedain.

"The end? W-What do you mean the end?"

The god of death simply points in the sky, the battle being paused briefly

"Look over there... your precious world which you wish to protect. Do you notice something Nedain? Do you notice how its quickly getting larger? Well... its size is not changing... its just that the Moon is about to full fill it's purpose... and bring the death of this world!"

"You see, I crave death... the sensation I get with the death of a single creature ... cannot be described in words... and so what would be the ultimate experience... why that would be to create a living Moon... and kill it both along with everything else in the world!"

"That's right! It is destined that the Moon would collide with the world! However, I had originally planned to make it a slow gradual process... you know... savour the sensation of despair as the mortals watch their doom creeping up on them."

"But now, you have forced me to go ahead of schedule... where the Moon might have crashed on the world within a few centuries... it shall now collide within an hour!"

Indeed, the Moon was now rapidly descending upon the world in a mad collision course. The face upon the Moon now turning into one of insane glee as it prepared to die, along with the rest of the world.

As the Moon began to come closer to the world, it's gravitational pull began to wreck chaos all around the world. Major earthquakes began to shake the world, and the coastal areas were hit by major tidal waves, everywhere mortals where running in fear and panic as the end continued to draw closer.

Back on the Moon itself, the god of death was soaking in every single death and was in a state of near ecstasy.

"This is pure bliss! Now then my dear Nedain... know this... our conversation... our fight... is being broadcast around the world... that's right... all your precious mortals and their creators can now watch as their 'Champion' tries to save the world."

"You were right Nedain... a drop of blood is not enough to satisfy me... that is why the blood of the innocent shall flow without end! Lets see for how long you shall shoot that mouth of yours... I'm willing to bet for no more than an hour..."

Spoiler
    Show

SHMEE

AP 15 = 18-3, Pestilence x3 on all creatures on the material plane

AP 12 = 15-3 Raise DR to 8 (Dread Necromancer 12, True Necromancer 10, Cleric 10)
    Actions done: Evolved, Pestilence x3

The people of the world stood in fear of the antithesis hurtling toward their home. The world was trembling, yet there was still Hope. Through the Void Nedain saw her people and the ones who shared the world.

Nedain's face hardened and hid her fear. As the Animator let words spill from his mouth Nedain planned. She knew what must be done, she knew what she fought for. She felt she was part of something larger than herself, an entity composed of the world. The people looked on with Hope, their fear lessened.

A tooth of the lunar domain was ripped out of its root and planted into the face of the battlefield. Great force shook the ground and riddled it with cracks. The tooth stood tall, sharp point piercing the Void.

The evil one continued to grin as Nedain faced it. Words still poured from its mouth as wicked as its nature. Nedain stopped the flow with her fist. She said:

"We are not playthings for Powers!"

Another blow sent the Animator high. Nedain rose to meet it. The two forces spiraled about in struggle, but only one would be the victor.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC MOOSE FISHER

2ap Portfolio (Mortals)
    0ap Shape Land (Moon's Tooth) (Shmee let me do this for free since it's his plane)

1=3-2-0

"Futile! Everything you do is futile! Your time has run out!" Yells the Death god as he lunges for another attack.

On the Material Plane the Moon was beginning to penetrate the atmosphere. For all mortals, it did indeed seem that the end had arrived. The gravitational force of the moon caused devastation amongst all mortals. The earthquakes were now so severe that entire continents were being split, entire mountains would collapse as lava began to erupt from beneath the earth. The death toll was indeed high, as there was no sanctuary from the death of all, which was now mere moments away.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC
    SHMEE
    AP 8= 12-4; Pestilence x4 on all mortals on the Material plane
    AP5= 8-3, Raise DR to 9, (2 Levels of True Necromancer)

W
    "IT ALL ENDS... NOW!" Screams the death god as he prepares to finish this fight, once and for all... victory was in his grasp.
    I
    Yet he was in the grasp of Nedain. With a shout he flew back to his lunar domain, pierced by the tooth with violent force.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"
    L
    The powerful blow created an up welling of dusty ground, shattering the lunar domain to pieces. The house of evil was forever marred. The cresent shape of the lunar domain reminds us of these events. The world looked up to see their death not halted, but careening away into the Void.
    L
    Though the larger disaster was averted, it did not come without a price. Pieces from the moon started to slam onto the world, some as meteors, spreading death and devastation amongst the mortals. However the greatest disaster was a large portion of the moon crashing into the world, and thus creating a new corrupted land.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC
    SHMEE

AP 2= 5-3, Pestilence x3 on all Mortals
    AP 0= 2-2, create land

R
    The dust settled, revealing the final fate of the evil one. Corrupted body and corrupted heart impaled by self-consuming tooth, separated and ruined. Motion still stirred within death, but it slowed to a sluggish threat.
    E
    Impaled upon the Moon's Tooth, the god of death was struggling, unable to believe what had just happened. How could he... the living manifestation of death, be defeated by a mere... mortal... no! It wouldn't end that way... he wouldn't let it...
    T
    Still impaled, and bleeding from his wounds, the god of death struggles to muster all his remaining power as he grabs the mountain impaling him and tries to free himself.
    U
    "No..." he gurgles as he starts to cough up more of his vile blood "... I am... all powerful... I shall be... the death of this world..." Feeling his powers abandoning him, he musters the only thing he has left; his hatred

"...curse you... curse you all... curse you mortals... curse you... NEDAIN!!!"
    R
    Once again, coughing up blood, the god of death struggles in vain for one more time, before falling back limp, having breathed his last. The heart would beat for many days until that too eventually stood still. Woe to those who seek fellowship with its darkness. In the grip of the tooth of evil shall they remain, a lesson of the folly and self-destruction of the wicked.
    N
    Nedain continued to drift through the small Void between the world and the lunar domain. Her words were true and her cause victorious. There was Hope.

The herO returNed to her homEland, helping her battered people rebuild and fetch bountiful harVests. Far and widE waS the spread of life esSence. Blackened horns clatterEd upon the ground, the remaining symboL of the Hero.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC
    MOOSE FISHER
    1ap Nourish Land

0=1-1

23. - Top - End - #113
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nothing

As the sky falls and remnants of the moon slam the surface of the land, a large chunk lands very near to the being, and it finds a place where it can be comfortable.

" I shall make nothingness here and all who visit shall know that nothing is here and here is nowhere"

Nothing crawls beneath the chunk of moon and make less. As the nothing spreads the plants wither and die, the animals flee and water rises brackish from the sea nearby. The land grows dreary and clouds gather about the realm.

"This shall be mine and no-ones. there shall be nothing here."

Spoiler
    Show
    not exactly sure what my starting ap os but I know I have at least 2 so
    1=2-1 (create land "Dark Marsh")

24. - Top - End - #114

Dwarves

A skyship fell toward the world. Its owner wanted to crash it into the world in some strange desire to seek the ground. A great rumble wracked the ground and collapsed many homes, yet the Mountain of Nolam stood. Lifeboats of the skyship fell and crashed into Nolam, yet the architecture of the dwarves remained. Dwarves lost the aspiration for the sky, buried beneath rubble and earth. Those who remained watched the battle on the skyship, cheering on the one with the horns. Nolam still stood at the end, but construction was halted for recovery and repairs.

Faeli

The forests and walls of the Faeli settlements splintered under the lunar assault. Death came in droves, yet no vengeful dead came. The Faeli knew Nedain halted the assaults of the vengeful dead, and were thankful as they rebuilt and harvested the rich crops. Stories of Nedain's battles were passed down through oral traditions and were eventually immortalized by the written word.

Dark Faeli

A dark faeli wandered the dark tunnels of the caverns. In those winding depths she finds a clear pool, its cleansing waters soon rippling across her dark skin. She examined herself in the reflective waters, face framed by curving horns and eyes two red stars. She sighed and dove back into the purifying water.

She was Erah. She was a changed being. Erah was taken by the Children of the Dark Lady, succumbing to the transmutations of all dark faeli. Along with the dark powers and pleasures bestowed upon Erah were the pair of horns declared as a portent. To Erah the horns were likened to a symbol of fortitude, something she relied on in her days.

Erah dried herself on the rocky shore and left the pristine pool for the dark tunnels of the caverns. The light of the surface was a more desired location than the dank underworld. Faeli children were frequently told of the dangers of darkness to stay in safety and remain obedient. As adults they saw the horrors of the vengeful dead and cherished the lessons of their childhood. Erah had learned of the other horrors of the dark. While living with her new kin provided benefits and agreed with the changes in her nature, the other Children of the Dark Lady disturbed her. They were abominations like that of the vengeful dead, dwelling within the deepest darkness. The old stories equated darkness with death. These stories were influenced by the vengeful dead, but Erah noted the similarities between them and the Children of the Dark Lady. Possessive spirits and flesh eaters, the creatures within the earth may also reside within the old stories.

Erah needed to speak with her kin.

------------

Raise Mortal Hero: Erah

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Material Plane

And so it was that the Lunar Advent came to be. The great story about how a single mortal defied the gods to bring salvation to the world, and yet, there was always the grisly reminder of what may have been. The night sky, dominated by the now crescent-shaped Moon, glowing eerily in the dark, and there, the grisly tomb of the one who tried to undo creation.

Though the collision was avoided, it was not without a great cost to all. The Moon piercing the world's atmosphere had caused great chaos everywhere. However the consequences of the Lunar Advent would not be fully realized yet, for the Moon itself is sentient, and so, when Nedain impaled it with the Moon's Tooth, not only did it's flesh descend like meteors upon the world, but also a substance found deep under the Moon's surface.

The metalloid substance, impacting deep within the earth with the rest of the Moon pieces was a substance most foul. Any mortal unfortunate enough to touch the raw material with their bare hands would find themselves feeling weak and sickly... as if their life was being drained from them. Indeed, unsuspecting villages that lied too close to deposits of this material for a long time would find themselves, frail, pale and skinny.

Yet, there was a lot more, that the mortals did not yet know, about this rare yet most unholy substance, that centuries into the future would be known as Frehenite.

The Moon

Even in death, his legacy lived on. The stiff corpse of the god of death remained impaled upon Moon's Tooth Mountain, as his blood began to trickle down the mountain, and began to seep into the corrupt ground of the Moon.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC
    AP 1= 4-1, Raise DR to DR10 (2 more levels in True Necromancer)
    Actions done:
    3 Pestilances
    Created Land: Despair

AP0 = 1-1, Create Frehenite
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Darrmoon, The Dining Table

Darrmoon wept. There was nothing but to attack the lady Ashe and claim her realm for his gullet. The squid creatures were not his favorite food. Enki was. He was perfect in flavor, a combination of despair and zeal. Sinless, but had and understanding of sin. Darrmoon rumbled.

"Chef! I need you here NOW!"

The wide-nosed halfling seemed to appear from nowhere. He bowed deeply before Darrmoon.

"My great lord? What upsets you? Do you need something to settle your stomach after a great gorging of a massive meal? Do you need perhaps some beverage to wash away something that offends your palette?"

The Halfling stood before the massive pink mass of hunger without fear, waiting to serve him. Darrmoon had an idea. He would send this creature out to prepare the greatest feast of all.

"Chef! Prepare me the greatest dish of all! Creation!"

The wide-nosed halfling grinned. This would be the great dish he would ever create. He was to bring it all together, he would need the proper tools. His own power would be dwarfed by other great powers. He would ask a favor from the Great Darrmoon.

"Sir, I would ask one tool. A boon. The power Divine."

The humbled halfling almost seemed embarrassed to ask for this boon, it was not for him but for all creatures. He needed the power of Darrmoon to properly create this meal. Darrmoon looked at his Chef, he saw only servitude.

"I will grant you this boon!"

Power seemed to radiate out of Darrmoon and circle the Chef. The wide-nosed halfling shivered and moved as the power forced itself into the creature's mortal form. He was going to soon wield all the powers of the Divine, the Creators, Darrmoon's own powers in this small creature. A maelstrom of power circled the halfling and he was tossed about throwing bits of refuse and litter from around the once grand feast clung to the newly empowered being. A chittering sound came from the newly birthed creature as he moved forward walking on legs made from bits of bone with meat falling from them. One arm but a bone with a long towel trailing down to the ground to wrap around his side and become one with his legs. Undead flesh dropping off his body. His other arm holding a goblet that seemed to overflow with the power divine he was granted by Darrmoon.

"Darrmoon, I go to prepare the world for your Dining Table."

Chittering as he left the newly birthed creator opened a portal to the mortal realm to perhaps doom all. What form would his doom grant the world?

Spoiler
    Show
    24 AP = 3 Beget God (The Chef DR 1, Domain Corruption, Evil. Portfolio Servitude) -21 Transfer to The Chef - 24 AP

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Chef, Despair

The Chittering creature once known as 'The Chef' walked the world, looking for an idea.

"Thissss....placeee...."

Quickly a snapping took place as the monstrous creature's head snapped and cracked turning a full circle before he spoke again.

"Ah, that feels better. This place will be perfect for the kitchen of the halflings. Yes, a perfect place indeed."

The monster poured the power of Darrmoon upon the land it began to green in an area, soon Halflings began to walk to the green land. The monster's form slowly became more green. He grinned as he continued to pour the power into the land. Darrmoon would get the a most wonderful taste from this place.

However, a place of life was sure to bring forth the undead to expel Darrmoon's woe upon the place. What such creatures never expect, if they do indeed think is that a Godling would be there to meet them.

"No no no. This will not do. None of your kind. Hmm."

Quickly the Godling splashed a bit of Darrmoon's power upon the ground again. The Green Lands sunk quickly into the earth then quickly rose leaving a narrow path up to them. At the entrance to the newly formed green platform a golden gate rose. It's form banishing those not written on a Golden Table sat at the base of the Great Gate. A massive creature sitting next to the tablet to watch for any who would enter. To proof him against death a draft of Darrmoon's power was granted to him.

"Now to began the true business of my Lord."

Quickly all the halfling race were gathered from the scattered tribes and brought before the Chef on the platform of Green. The Green Lands would be their home.

"My children. I shall reveal the truth of all to you. As you are my brother and sisters and we must protect each other. However, you must obey my commands perfectly."

The Chef explained many things to those halflings that day. And each lesson was accented with a small drink of Darrmoon's power. Till every Halfling understood. They were the creatures to create a perfect world. With only a tinge of bitterness. This would be provided in the nature of all creatures. They would only guide such beings away from the bitter taste of Evil, and away from the sweetness of Good. They would also keep the bland taste of neutrality from showing too far. The world must have both bitterness, and sweetness, a spice of passion and a baseline of neutrality to destroy any aftertaste. To help in their studies they learned the arts of agriculture, culinary and etiquette. The Chef was far from done. He had the power of a Creator. He would create.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 AP = 1 Bless Land: The Green Lands in Despair - 1 Shape Land: Raise the Green Lands with only a Narrow Path to get to them - 3 Create Artifact: The Golden Gate and Guest Book - 2 Create Populous: Trolls - 0 Create Harold of the Chef (The first Troll) - 2 Create Organization (The Art Institute of Culinary) - 2 Create Organization (The Great Hall of Perfection of Works in Agriculture) - 2 Create Organization (The University of Greater Etiquette) - 3 Teach Populous x3 (Culinary, Agriculture, and Etiquette) - 21 AP
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2010-05-23 at 08:31 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Grinding gears ringed through creation, heralding an arrival.

Pipes and cogs and bars and sheets of metal turned in an instant, existing from places unknown, and among vast, ruidous, halls ringed the steps of armored feet. One pair at first, and then many, many more.

"Hohohohoho! I smell something in the earth! Go! Go my friends! Go to the world bellow, right as we join the choir visible we must not delay, postpone or wait! Act! Act, act, act! The wild, the dark and the stone, I sense them. Hohohoho. But the people of Iron, there are none, this is so wrong, wrong, wrong. But I will make it right, right right!"

Material World, Hope and Despair

Small, but heavy, feet treaded the earth, owned by small men and women with ashen skin. They walked the mountains, the caves and the tunnels. And there they settled, strangely clad and holding tools unknown to the people of the world. They settled in the depths, but not too deep, and where it was hot, by the sun or by the fire beneath. They dug and built and carved. And by event, they would meet the other races of the world.

Inovation

Ironmaster Ichmod looked at his people in the world bellow, clapping his hands at their dilligent work and feeling his power grow greater as they labor away.

"Wonderful! Wonderful! The preparations begin! Hohohoho!"

Spoiler
    Show

23 AP:
    3 AP: Create Plane (Inovation, the Gear City. Traits: Infinite, Normal Time, Objective Directional Gravity, Highly and Divinely Morphic, Enhanced Magic (All infusions and spells that deal with metal are extended or empowered), Impeded Magic (All spells and effects that deal with rust are impeded).).
    2 AP: Create Populace (Iron Gnomes).
    1 AP: Teach Populace (Mining).
    1 AP: Teach Populace (Metalworking).
    3 AP: Raise DR to 7.
    1 AP: Teach Populace (Fungiculture).

AP left: 12 AP.

If it is not obvious, fungiculture is like agriculture, but growing fungi underground as opposed to actual plants.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-05-24 at 07:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Chef, The Green Lands

The Chef looked over his creation and quirked his brow. The Goblet of power was almost half-empty. He still had much work to do. Might as well get it done. He tipped his goblet out and the ground grew small creatures with smooth skin and long legs. They walked around mewling and rubbing against halflings, standing almost as tall of the halflings. They came to know them as legglins. From the same drop two more creatures were born. A fat creature that grazed on the Green Lands and grew fatter. Very tasty, if it was to be described you would almost think it it cow, but it's taste would be that of pork. And it was only about the size of a medium sized dog. The halflings came to know them as Pows. The third thing to come from that drop of the power was a giant bird-creature that often ate five or six pows a day. However, their flesh was super-tender and made a very sumptuous meal. They were known as Clawfeet. The animals of the Green Lands would serve the meals and the great schools there. A splash of the power was given to the halfling race again, teaching them how to raise such beings. Farming was to began.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 AP = 2 create populous (Leggins, Pows, and Clawfeet) - 1 Teach Populous Domesticating Animals - 5 AP

29. - Top - End - #119

Valley of Legend

The lunar shards fell and brought death to the world, but one land found life. The Valley of Legend teemed with plants and beasts. It was a land full of Hope, without Despair.

With life came even greater prosperity. Man and Woman were shaped within the protective walls of the valley, living off all the land offered. The children of Man and Woman traveled far to appease their wanderlust. The land held sights both Man and Woman wished to see, secrets Man and Woman wished to know. Man and Woman looked up the skies and out across the seas and wished to travel even farther than their lands.

Man and Woman were beings of action and spirit. Destinies were laid out for all.

------------

4=0+4
    1ap Nourish Land
    2ap Create Populace: Humans

1 = 4-1-2

30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground

When she awoke, the first thing Klashanna knew was her name. It is a well documented fact that gods and goddesses know their name upon their birth - for who else would name them?

Indeed, the first thing she knew was her name. A close second, however, is that the molten interior of a volcano is an awfully uncomfortable place to wake up.

Of course, many volcanoes across Hope were erupting - once again, it is a well documented fact that world shattering events cause volcanoes to erupt - so Klasanna's emergence went more or less unnoticed amongst the Faeli. Just one, massive, fiery explosion among many.

As she sat (well, floated - you can't properly sit without gravity) in the Void, Klashanna watched, and thought, and even spared a bit of attention for the purpose of dusting volcanic ash off her crystalline form.

Her first thoughts were of her Purpose. She was a Creator - she knew that - but her thought were filled always with tools, and wheels, and cogs and gears and a multitude of things that did not yet have a name. And as she thought, it dawned upon her - these were the tools of mortals! Mighty tools, to rival even the Creators' might in time - tools no other deity would believe them capable of forging!

Her flush of excitement was short-lived. She sent her vision across the world - and was met with crushing disappointment. The mortals had none of the thing she had seen in her dreams! They lived and died solely at the behest of their Magics - and they not once questioned the situation. Crushed by the revelation, Klashanna withdrew her vision once more.

With each of the mortal races, it was the same. The Faeli did not seek progress - their magics cared for them, and they needed little else. Their dark cousins seems promising at first - they embraced change and mutability... then Klashanna's Sight stumbled across one of their ceremonies, and she did her best to forget the Dark Faeli altogether. The Dwarves had ambition, but their aspirations were dead, inflexible things, and they shunned the idea of change. The humans were the most promising of the races, but their young race was too busy exploring the nooks and crannies of their new world to ever stop and think about what they found. The halflings were overlooked -as was their way.

But it is not the way of any great inventor to remain defeated, and Klashanna was no exception. If none of the mortal races were ready to progress, then she would make one that was... but that was building the roof before laying the foundations, first they needed a place to live. And she need a place from which to guide them - the void was not only phenomenally boring, but also quite cold. She sensed there were other Creators about, and one would likely let her enter their realm if she asked nicely, but it simply wouldn't do to let them interfere with her work. She needed a plane of her own. As she gazed down at the world beneath her, she decided that this was a good a place as any.

And as she constructed her soon-to-be home, she delved deep into the recesses of her own mind and produced such things that would surely be thought magic by the mortals of the day. Columns of orichalcum, conduits of raw energy, crystalline windowpanes which could display intricate images of the world below without a wizard to guide them. Eventually, it hung, complete, above the world - her first creation. It was her home, her workshop, and was barred from interference by the magics of the other gods.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 17: 20-3(Create Plane-Celestial Observatory: Normal Gravity, Normal Time, Finite Shape, Alterable Morphic, Mildly Good Aligned, Dead Magic)

But there was no time to rest - not yet, anyway. As mortals marveled at the blazing new star in the heavens, Klashanna was scouring its databases in an effort to plan a new continent. After mulling over everything from population migration patterns to estimated times to first contact with another race, she at last had the pattern-form of her new continent ready. She had chosen to raise it west of Hope, separated by a particularly rough sea. But not as large - if their homeland was too massive, her people would never seek out the lands of others. With the plans firmly in hand, she strode out of the Observatory and into the Void, so that she might begin work on the new continent.

As it rose from the sea, Klashanna noted that the land was rocky and barren - not even the ocean floor had escaped the cataclysm. Such a place would never support a thriving civilization. She covered it life, borrowing the best of what she had seen in Hope for the benefit of her new continent. There were forests, but they were not the primal, savage things of the nature god - rather, they were carefully paced, and filled with sturdy timber that would make for fine building material. There were hills, but the towering mountains of the Dwarves were not among them. Instead, they were verdant, rolling, and filled with all manner of minerals. But, in her own humble opinion, the master stroke had been the rivers - dozens of them, crisscrossing the land like a pile of blue ribbons, bringing life wherever they flowed and, more importantly, linking every part of the continent with their gentle flows.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 14: 17-1 (Shape Land) - 2 (Nourish Landx2)

Pleased at her handiwork, Klashanna retreated back to the Celestial Observatory to begin planning the race who would bring Progress to the world. There was much to be learned by watching the other mortal races, and by studying the works of the other Creators, she learned much about how to harness her own power. Her first thought as she began her work was of a way to ensure her people worked as one. Such was her first thought. A close second was that Creators get very little time to sleep.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 11: 14-3 (Raise DR to 7)

Spoiler
    Show
    Edited to change East to West - the new continent is WEST - not east - of hope.
    Last edited by Selinia; 2010-05-24 at 10:05 AM.