New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243
Results 1,261 to 1,265 of 1265
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Lords of Creation - What Shall Be (IC)

Mumbles

Laughing as he looked upon the world.

"Looks like I have earned my membership into their club."

He snapped his fingers and a door opened in the fabric of the nothingness. A rotting hand reached out.

"Welcome to our pantheon."

Mumbles rolled his eyes.

"Finally."

As the door closed and faded a voice could be heard.

"You iz funny-man!"

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Fury

Although the Forces of Conviction had eventually retreated from Fury, it remained a shallow victory for the Genasi, since the invasion had ushered the return of the Elemental Lords, who in the chaos of the Invasion, and as well of that of the ongoing war in Progress, seek to once again regain control of what they had created; Fury and all Genasi.

Being led by the Lords, the demonic forces wrecked havoc on Fury, as the Genasi led by the Fist fought a desperate battle to keep the hateful Lords from gaining an even greater foothold on Fury. When ever the Fist would go after a Lord, they would simply blend into their element, simply avoiding the Genasi weapon, and toying with their defences, simply to demonstrate the futility of resisting.

However, the Lords nor the Genasi could not have known that an entity was watching the development with great interest.

"What luck! I shall take advantage of this opportunity, and turn these godling's arrogance against them. Only a fool resists Bardiel!"

Back on Fury, the Fist is busy chasing after the Elemental Lords while spouting his usual propaganda. All of a sudden, the weapon is bathed in light and goes ridged

"Warning: Catastrophic system failure... Initiating core shut-down ... I die...so that Marcoism may live..."

And with that, the Fist goes silent, until after a few moments it all of a sudden re-activates itself, and letting out a terrifying roar, launches itself at the Elemental Lords. The Lords, expecting to once again dodge the weapon's power are taken by complete surprise as all of a sudden, the Fist manages to land a huge blow on Corchin's face, sending him flying through the air.

"Pathetic godlings! For too long you have abused the spark given to you by the Father! You toyed with creation and now your sins have recoiled on your head! Today you shall relinquish your sparks, for Bardiel has spoken!"

As the now controlled Fist resumes its fight with the Elemental Lords, the Lords slowly start to realize that something is wrong, even though they had no idea that the Fist was being controlled by one of the entities which were created from Tasrif's Heart.

Soon realizing that the battle was uneven, the Lords decide to retreat for now, promising that they would return to Fury one day to finish their task. Thus abandoning the demonic forces, they retreat to the World's Core. Unfortunately for them, the possessed Fist was hot on their trail, unwilling to let the prey get away.

"What shall we do? No matter were we run, that blasted thing will keep following us!"

"I suggest we make a valiant stand here... I shall single-handedly hold them off."

"Yes just like you did back there when it slapped you in the face and sent you flying..."

"Why you... I have had just enough of your sarcastic comments..."

"Enough! Bickering at the moment will not help us when that... thing... comes crashing through at any moment..."

"I have an idea... but I will require Corchin's aid to do this..."

"Quickly..."

"Zzzzzzzzzzzz......."

"As the Fist comes through into the Core, Corchin shall blast it with all his might. In order to avoid being burnt to a crisp, it shall take the form of fire. I in the meanwhile shall blast the earth directly on top of its head, causing several tons of earth to crush it, thus extinguishing the flame."

"Sounds like a good idea... but how will you get it to stand in the right place?"

"Simple... we will have live bait... Helioff... and you..."

"But... that's insane! What if..."

All of a sudden they hear a roar in the distance which means that the Fist is coming closer.

"No time! Everyone take position!"

Kryokoli and Helioff stand by the entrance to the Core waiting nervously for what may be their end. All of a sudden, the Fist comes crashing through bellowing a war cry. All of a sudden, Corchin unleashes his entire power as he begins to use the full power of fire on the Fist. The weapon itself, turning into its Fire mode roars once again. In the distance, Snailgosh sees his opportunity and begins his earthquake.

Several tons of earth begin to fall on the Fist, when all of a sudden, the weakened earth collapses completley... just a few metres behind the fist... sealing off the Core from the rest of the world... within it the Four Elemental Lords, and the possessed Fist of Fury.

"You... idiots!"

Were the last words heard from within the Core before it was sealed off. Back on Fury, the loss of their ultimate weapon was a massive blow for the Genasi, who began preparing expeditions to try and retrieve it from the Core. Little did they know of what trapped horrors they would unleash should their mission be successful.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC
    The Lords
    AP 2= 4-2, Lock Plane
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Void, above Planet

[IMBECILES!]

[Really... I mean, I saw this coming, but do you guys have no common sense?]

[I merely...]

[You merely let your sense of grandiose theatrics get in the way of actually doing your job. Seriously? Granting a last request?]

[I must agree with Tabris here. You allowed your own petty amusement obstruct...]

[And you! I mean, you can't talk here Bardiel! At least Ramiel got away! I mean, how much idiocy does it take to get locked inside a planet by gods who are considered a laughingstock by the other gods?]

[...Tasrif is locked in a planet...]

[...]

[...you know, I think we can all pretend we didn't hear that.]

[Enough. Isfarel. Please, do not disappoint me - please have more common sense than these fools.]

[Aha. But of course! I have the wretched pretender known as Celis on the run as we speak! He is badly injured. He seeks solace deeper in his foul maze, but it is only a matter of time before I find and finish him!]

[Excellent. It is good to know that at least one...]

[I hate to rain on your parade, but you wouldn't happen to be referring to the same Celis that is currently gating in to assist gadget-girl along with the products of Ramiel's failure?]

[...ISFAREL. YOU ARE A MORON. Find Leliel. Do not fail at this task.]

[Ah, so you are seeing reason at last?]

[Not as you put it. I am merely preparing a contingency. I will give these worms a battle that shall define the remainder of their brief existence...]

The battle raged.

Such a conflict had never been seen before by this world - the mightiest of gods, arrayed united against a single threat. Klashanna began the fight alone... but did not remain so for long. Solaron was the first to arrive, his radience giving the goddess new hope. Celis followed, having fooled the angel pursuing him with a clever series of illusions. Ombrerus next, the oft-forgotten god leaving his shadowed home to support his fellows.

As the newcomers joined the fight, the whirring of gears was heard... as Ironmaster Ichmod himself joined the fight, with his anaxims at his side. Even the Ring itself joined in the mighty battle, its point-defense systems roaring forth massive amounts of ordinance at the monolithic entity that sought to destroy it. The Radiant Conclave was arrayed in force... and it was about to face its greatest test.

Klashanna had relayed to her comrades her revelation that the creature could be influenced by pure divine power in a manner surpassing that of conventional attacks, but even so armed with knowledge the fight was a seemingly impossible task. Zerul wielded a power that was as theirs, but a thousand-thousand times in strength.

Their mightiest strikes barely dented his protective aura, and even a glancing blow would send them reeling through the void. With a single mocking gesture, Zerul reduced the Ironmaster's war machines to scrap. Snatching Solaron's pebble-like form from the Void, he very nearly crushed it into oblivion - and would have, had it not been for the timely intervention by Celis, needling a hole in the angel's field long enough for the sun god's essence to escape and reform itself.

It is difficult to say how long this went on. Perhaps it was days. Perhaps weeks. Or perhaps, in the way of gods, the entire battle took only seconds. But the conclave was tiring... and their foe was not. With every blow, Zerul mocked them. He regaled them with the glories of Tasrif, assuring them that the world would be better off once it returned to oneness.

It was in such a lull in the battle that the angel made his demand once more.

"Why do you fight, little creatures? Surrender! Return your stolen existence to its rightful master! This can all be over! You can end all the suffering, the horrific isolation of being that plagues this world! Lay down your arms and all will be forgiven!"

Ichmod, armor dented and worn, barked a mirthless laugh through his visor.

"Bah! Big dunce! The fact that you even ask for surrender implies you have something to lose by the battle continuing! Why do we fight, you ask? We fight to bloody win!"

Solaron, light flickering and fading, but shining nonetheless, added his voice.

"Yes, there is suffering on this world. There is pain, and conflict, and war... however sad that may be. But there is love too, and selflessness, and joy! It is broken and imperfect, but it deserves the chance of redemption!"

Managing a dramatic flourish of his cloak despite his horrific injuries, Celis gave a deep bow as he replied.

"Indeed. My clever compatriots speak truly. It is always in the moment of greatest darkness that the wits of the clever find the grandest solutions! You know what I say to be true!"

Looking fondly between her friends and allies, Klashanna turn resolutely towards the angel.

"We fight for Planet, and her people. We will not lose."

Casting out her hand, she let loose a shout to her allies.

"NOW!"

As one, five beams of pure divine power lanced towards the Greatest of Angels. As one, they impacted its mighty protective aura...

And Zerul's field shattered.

With a resounding scream, the impossible being staggered backwards, impaled by a lance of the light of Divinity. Even as the rest of the beam faded away into the void, a crystalline shaft came to coalesce, still impaling Zerul. The creature glared at the assembled gods, hate in its eyes... and grasped the shaft of the Radiant Lance. With another roar of agony, it ripped the hateful thing from its body, casting it down to Planet below. It did not go unnoticed... but that is another tale.

[Leliel... attend... me...]

"Pathetic... creatures... you... have... FAILED! You have changed NOTHING! You only... delay the inevitable! We will return, stronger and more numerous than ever before. And all your works of civilization will come to an end."

With that, the angel fell from the sky. For a moment, it seemed as though he would meet his demise against the surface of Planet... but he was caught in his fall by a strange black disk of mind-bending dimensions. And so the battle ended, as the disk folded in itself and faded from view.

The angels had been repelled this day. Planet was saved.

Now, and forevermore, would stand the Age of Mortals upon Planet. Some would say that history ended that day... but the wise would say it was just beginning. Nations would fall. Wars would be fought. Are more than once, Planet herself would be at stake.

The time of gods was over.

The time of heroes had begun.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Titan in the Playground

Conviction

Over the next three generations, the Sun Empire expanded. Minrhelion lead Conviction in his father's stead for many decades. His son Solarkirhet became the second god-priest and inherited rulership of the Sun Empire. He vastly expanded the teaching of the Light Eternal throughout Hope and Progress.

However, not all was so blissful within the royal family. Solarkirhet's younger brother, Minron grew jealous of his brother's power, and plotted to overthrow him. He befriended Michrael and tricked him into letting him borrow the Crimson Lantern Ring. With the power of Crimson Light and his own godlike charisma, Minron nearly succeeded in leading a coup against his brother. Fortunately, Solarkirhet was able to use his dominion over Conviction to stop him. In a rage at being thwarted, Minron took Solarkirhet's firstborn child, a baby girl, and fled with her to Hope. None know the fate of the child, the traitor, or the stolen ring. Solarkirhet mourned the disappearance of his daughter, but eventually, he and his wife Ichlanna had more children over time. A decade later, the god-priest died under very unusual circumstances. Ombrelon, the inheriting son, did not gain the powers of the god-priest. The Prismatic Children each had the same vision the night of his coronation. In it, the Golden Lantern came and spoke to each of them, saying, "My granddaughter is still alive. She is the one who shall carry on My mantle. Find her. Bring her Home." The Sun Emperor immediately let it be known that there would be untold rewards for the ones who brought the Lost Daughter back home.

Word spread throughout all the world, but no one in the past three years has yet to find her.

Solaron

Now that he is dead, Solaron found that he could no longer take physical form, and his spirit lacked the overwhelming force of power that enabled the Freihrr to manifest his spirit. He continued to watch over his creations, granting them power and guidance as he could.

One day, an Arctic Faeli shaman had a vision. In it, he saw the Blade of Radiance pierce through the Shining Heart on the Solar Ring. When it did, Solaron was bodily reborn.

however, Michrael heard of this prophecy, and knowing what would be released should the Blade ever be removed, he forbid the prophecy to become common knowledge. However, he kept secret the reason why he did so, to prevent those seeking to awaken the Dark Spirit from discovering it.

And thus, the Prismatic Kobolds, not really believing that Michrael could have a good reason for not wanting to see his Lord return, immediately assumed that the told them that so that they would go and tell everyone. And thus did it spread throughout the world that the Big Shiny Sword would free the Big Shiny God.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2010-11-04 at 07:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Bugbear in the Playground

~Epilogue~

Time passes.

Things change... it is inevitable. Some stories come to an end, some reach a climax, and some have yet to truly begin. A grand tale has just come to an end... but it is one of many. The people of Planet will continue to weave their stories for as long as the world lives...

The herald sisters, having discovered a knack for saving the day, went and made a habit of it. Wherever supernatural baddies threaten the lives of innocents, Team Sunshine can be expected to make an appearance. While they initially made a token effort to keep their identities secret, they were more or less forced to drop pretenses when they saved the 23rd Annual Staunen Animation Convention from a rampaging robot. They are now the subject of numerous books, comics, and films.

Such is their popularity that they have inspired imitators across Progress. Despite initial irritation at these "vigilantes", the Allied nations eventually caved, founding the Department for the Observation and License Management of Magical Girls. Due to the nature of these "Magical Girls" (many of whom appear to have somehow acquired Ring-level weapons and armor technology), citizens viewing a mysterious figure running along the rooftops are advised to run rapidly in the opposite direction. Pulse has taken to running PSAs about the dangers of talking to adorable talking animals.

Admiral Jules stubbornly refused to die, or even stop commanding, despite being almost a century and a half old. The Allied navy never suffered a substantial defeat against the forces of Fury under his command.

Armed forces in the land war fared much as they always had - each new weapons development gained them some ground, but the seemingly limitless reserves of Fury wore on them. However, through regular support shipments to their angelic allies in the Conviction Expeditionary Force, the forces of Progress ensured that the genasi faced battle at home as well as abroad.

Pinnacle collapsed, utterly and completely, at the mysterious disappearance of its founder and owner, as did the Ashcroft Foundation. However, through the machinations of the influential figures on the self-proclaimed "Mortal Instrumentality Oversight Committee", the remaining assents of both groups - and then some - were pooled into a single organization.

From the ashes of its predecessors rose the New Era Research Venture - a collection of some of the most brilliant minds on Planet, dedicated to ensuring that the mortal peoples are ready to repel the attacks of the Angels when they return. From their fortress-city in Staunen, they make a habit of mundanely recording things Man Was Not Meant to Know. Despite repeated requests and demands from the allied nations, they have not released the awesomely powerful N1 mines to the allied military... nor the still-in-production plans for the even more devastating successor, the N2., or any of the host of other lethal devices under development.

Gendo Rokubungi remained Commander of this new organization, and Yui Ikari its lead researcher. To the surprise of no-one who knew them, they were married less than a year after the founding of N.E.R.V. (Also to the surprise of no-one, the former took the latter's name... I mean, come on, say Rokubungi out loud. Say it.). They had a (mostly) ordinary son, and a daughter whose name occupied a substantial portion of a pie chart labeled "Company Expenses".

Kyoko Soryu shocked her compatriots by adopting a child, and naming her - of all things - after none other than her deceased nemesis, Asuka Ashcroft. Being raised by someone like Kyoko is hardly an easy task - Yui has been known to observe than only Kyoko could proclaim her daughter a failure even as she becomes the youngest graduate of Staunen University since her namesake.

Drofiel vanished, without a trace. He continues to appear under the moniker of "Science" in Committee meetings, broadcasting from an unknown location. Information on his whereabouts would be highly valued by the leaders of N.E.R.V. ...

And finally... Lady Klashanna returned to the Solar Ring, resuming her role as custodian of the world's mighty sun. The pyrodents remain to this day alongside her. Though they have not taken any military action since the great battle against Zerul, they remain ever-vigilant for the return of the angels, or the appearance of threats fouler still. They are, as always, Planet's first and last line of defense.

Very little escapes the watchful eyes in the sky above, but there are... exceptions. Currently, the entire station is in a tizzy looking for Solaron's heir... particularly the aasimar, who have been living their lives with the same devotion the the Shining One's heirs that they did for the god himself. The thought of the rightful Empress of Joy living beneath her glorious station was enough to spur any aasimar to rage.

Spoiler
    Show

~Omake~

[Opening chatroom...]
    [Initializing connection...]
    [Connection established... welcome!]

[Bardiel has logged in]

Bardiel: Of course I'm first...
    Bardiel: Nothing to do but wait, then...
    Bardiel: /twiddle thumbs

[Tabris has logged in]

Tabris: Oi. What did I miss?

Bardiel: Congratulations. You are officially the least late.
    Tabris: I'm on time. You gotta remember, timezones Bardiel.
    Tabris: ...wait...
    Tabris: ...Bardiel, you're using Hoffnung Standard, right?
    Tabris: ...Right? Bardiel... how long have you been logged in?

Bardiel: ... four hours. Almost exactly.

[Matariel has logged in]

Tabris: Ouch.
    Tabris: And hi Mat.

Bardiel: Welcome.
    Matariel: So, who called this again?
    Tabris: That would be me.
    Matariel: Why, exactly?
    Bardiel: Indeed.
    Tabris: Wait until everyone's here. I don't want to explain the beginning of this a bunch of times.
    Bardiel: Fair enough.

[Leliel has logged in]

Leliel:

[Ramiel has logged in]
    [Isfarel has logged in]
    [Zerul has logged in]

Matariel: Finally, we can get started now...

Tabris: Actually, you're forgetting Iruel...
    Iruel: Oh, I'm here. Apologies for blazing past the firewalls.
    Iruel: Habit.
    Iruel: One sec...

[Ireul has logged in, and is awesome]

Zerul: ...

Tabris: ...Iruel, I hate you so much.
    Iruel: Why thank you. I really work at it.
    Bardiel: You'll be happy to know it's paying off then...
    Tabris: Anyway.
    Zerul: So what are you doing tonight, Tabris?

Tabris: The same thing we do every night, Zerul...
    Tabris: Plan to take over the world!

Leliel: