New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation - What Shall Be (IC)

The Underdark

Violent earthquakes tore through the tunnels, shifting and collapsing whole sections of the underdark as they went. Up above, a titanic battle took place between the god of death and a hero that the Dark Faeli had only heard of. Scores of the dark lady's children were crushed or forced to flee the tunnels as the land itself shifted... the rock cracking and molten magma emerging in places. In others, whole sections of the underdark collapsed, leaving colonies of Illithids trapped or crushed entirely.

To Elarion, high sorcerer and devoted of the dark goddess... it was a sign. The surface was ravaged, and their foolish kin had begun a battle that was seeing the earth ripped asunder. He had misinterpreted the lady's wishes. Had they expanded quicker, not only with those who chose to come but by force of their magics... there may be enough of his people to survive the coming cataclysm. This way, they were few in number... The chosen of the Lady would live or die on his decisions. He refused to fail.

But they would never make it to the surface... and the risk of the tunnels was great. He refused to sit idle and hope. The lady wished him to prove himself, not beg succor and show his weakness. His people had only one chance to survive.

Make for the depths, and the pools of sacrifice! He gave the order to his people, even as the ground shook around them.

Keia knew what he intended... and fear gripped her heart. Not one of them had dared try to enter the realm of the lady itself. The things that lurked in the dark there sent shivers down even her spine. But she would not doubt him aloud again. Faith was all she had to depend on now.

Move, Move! She called out, guiding what remained of the Dark Faeli down into the deepest tunnels. Half their number had already been lost in the initial quakes and eruptions... more would likely be lost along the way.

How right she was. The exodus to the deepest tunnels was a costly one, as they quakes were diminished, but the scalding hot blood of the earth itself was an ever present danger. She did all she could to mend the injured... and to help Elarion along his course. She had never seen him more driven. If this cause was madness, she would accept it willing, and follow him into death with her eyes wide open. To die beside him... that was an end she could find solace in. At the very least, she would see that he did not die alone.

After a desperate search for a safe tunnel to use, they finally came to what would be the life or death of them. Stepping forward to the shores of the dark sea, Elarion gathered his willpower and pulled his knife from his belt. It has spilled the blood of many a slave, but today it would find different fare. He could not fail at this.

Lady! He called out over the rumbling around him, I have done all you asked! The only blood left I can give you, is my own!

Dragging the blade across his palm with a wince, he held his hand over the dark waters... knowing full well what horrors lurked beneath. His blood sunk into the water in tense silence for several moments... before Keia stepped up alongside him, and mimicked the gesture... adding her own blood to the pool.

Our lives... our souls... are yours. She spoke aloud, Our everything, is yours.

One by one, the Dark Faeli moved to the shores to add their blood to the waters... a desperate hope better than none. Were they not the lady's chosen? It was all they had been told. Even the most doubtful of them feared to be the only one to abstain. The water churned as it was stained red... and a low rumbling from the earth began to rise. Standing in nervous anticipation, the Dark Faeli waited for what would be their salvation or their death. Only one was without fear. Elarion, the first of their kind and chosen of the goddess herself. He knew she would not abandon him.

He was not mistaken. Erupting from the water came dozens upon dozens of writhing black tendrils... lashing through the stagnant air to grab the first of her chosen and drag him beneath the black water. He heard Keia call his name in worry as he was pulled under, but he cared not. His goddess had come for him, just as he knew she would.

--------------------

Asharra and Elarion: The Abyss

The water was frigid and dark... the crushing pressure around him making his head spin as he was dragged into the deep. As he was moved, he felt himself empowered. The icy water did not bite into his skin. The darkness did not cloud his eyes... and he could draw breath as easily as he did upon the land. The essence of the Abyss itself wormed into him, and he was enraptured of it's power.

He broke from the water into a lightless cavern of unfathomable size... above him, water pooled in a hole in the cavern's ceiling... somehow held above by a force unknown to him. Below him was more blackness and a massive sea that seemed to spread in all directions, with only a few barren, rocky islands dotting it's surface. The tendrils carrying him descended far into the water below, and they did not pull him under... instead depositing him on one of the rocky landmasses and withdrawing into the depths below.

As he looked at the land around him, from the water below came the object of his every longing... the reason of his being. Pale and bare, just as she had been when he had first found her... the frigid water of the abyss dripping from her milky skin... before him stood his lady. Immediately he dropped to his knees, bowing his head.

My goddess...

Shhh. She told him as she drew close, placing a cold, delicate finger to his lips. You have done well, my love. So well.

Her words twisted into his head, leaving him enthralled with her words of praise. He would do anything for her... He would kill... Or he would die. He would believe every lie she told him... and do as she willed. She guided him to his feet, watching him with her mis-matched eyes.

With a tender hand, she stroked his face. Power will be yours, my love... for you have a task of you. But first... I will be yours.

She pressed her lips to his as their bodies moved together... and in the darkness, they became one.

------------------

Godly Actions!
    Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 2 +3 (rollover) - 2 (Gain Portfolio: Lust), - 2 (Gain Domain: Lust) - 0 (Raise Mortal Follower: Elarion Sorcerer 6 / Alienist 10 / Nightmare Spinner 2) = 1

That's right, the god of lust is eeeeeeevil! Of the Dark Faeli above, I shall write more in a day or so.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Despair, Grindforge City.

The largest fortress of the gnomes of despair had been carved in the face of a volcano, and reinforced with walls of metals only the gnomes knew how to craft. In the time of their stay in the world, they had made many other settlements in the continent, but this was the greatest, their capital, here the clans gathered in council, here the most holy cerimonies were held and the greatest achievments were made. Here, the gnomes found new ways to work all metals of the continent, ways to employ fire, and earth and liquid things that could or could not be called water, along with eldritch artifice.

Here, the Iron Gnomes hammered their heads to find a way to use the most stubborn substance in the continent. Frehenite. Cursed blood of Freiherr! The thing just wouldn't bend. They could smelt it, right, but there was little point. It reeked of gasthly energies, it drove those who tried to work or use it into a deathly pallor.

The metal was relatively plenty in the storages. The gnomes hauled it into cold iron vaults from within which the metal could do no harm. There was plenty they could try, magics of many kinds, the Great Order of Artifice tooled away at thinking the best options... Or rather, as fits gnomes, they tooled away thinking which options to try first, because they would try everything, and a new idea always showed up, causing the gnomes to stop preparing the chronogram to ready the specifics of the new experiment.

Things stalled, for sure. And Ichmod knew he had to do something about that.

Nah, he actually didn't. Ichmod happily wandered the void, looking for other creators to meet, humming a catchy tune and twirling his pick in one hand.

Back to the gnomes.

In time, the preparations were complete, and the artificers began their work, many things were tried. The metal was smelted, it was crushed under incredible pressure, it was alloyed with other materials, it was freezed, it was chocked, it was even gorund to dust and used to grow plants a few times.

Two things did work, gnome priests suffused the metal with energy, energy channeled from the very essence of life and death, and the metal reacted, its foul radiance became contained, and the metal became of a deep indigo tone in one case and of a jade-like green color in the other. Primordial Frehenite and Pure Frehenite is how the gnomes called those new metals, created from the frehenite ore.

Spoiler
    Show

12 AP:
    3 AP: Create Concept: Artifice (Classes: Artificer and Alchemist).
    2 AP: gain Portfolio: Arcane Artifice.
    2 AP: Gain Domain: Artifice.
    3 AP: Gain DR = 8.

Ap left: 2.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-05-31 at 02:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Vermin Lord

From the Earth there comes a great rumbling, soon earthquakes begin to shake the landscape, trees fall, animals run in fear. The rumbling begins to grow more focused, the earthquakes radius begins to shrink, until at last the land cracks, splits, and begins to tumble down as a massive new creature, yet unseen on the world, covered in armor with thousands and thousands of legs and massive curved pincers like the scimitars of giants, rips itself from the Earth. The creature casts about, but besides a few animals, some stiff with fear, others running as fast as their legs can carry, and some trees and bushes, there is no great amount of life. The creature turns and heads for some of the frozen animals, slowly at first, revealing itself to be even longer than it first seemed as more and more of it's body pulled free of the hole. As the creature drew near the animals, they finally bolted with fear. The huge creature surged forward with a blinding burst of speed, it's pincers tearing into the animals, it's legs bringing down two, three, four. Settling it's great body, it begins to feast upon the animals, devouring them skin, bone, and all. At last, it's meal done, the beast heaves forward and finishes pulling it's hugely long form from the ground.

The creature lifts itself up as high as it can, it's huge armored body resting on countless legs, thousands and thousands more waving lazily in the air, it looks like an unholy snake-like thing. When it seemed half as tall as a mountain at least, the beast began to wave back and forth and utter a keening, chittering wail that could be heard across the world, echoing untold times over canyon walls and through mountains, such that it became a near deafening chorus. The sound was a herald, and all about the world creatures began to pull themselves from the cracks in the earth, the holes in the walls, from the darkened tunnels of the underdark. from every corner, in every house, in every forest and field and city, they began to swarm forth. A million times a million and but more kinds of creatures, armored with many legs, rats and carrion eaters, creatures that buzz and slither through the dirt, that swim in the sea and fly in the air, who spin webs, who build hives, construct huge tunnels. Who live in wood, in stone, in dirt and in water. Countless creatures seemed to burst in the world, and they ceased every opportunity they could. Soon the corpses of the dead became home to maggots and flies, ants and countless other insects, standing objects of any kind hosted spider webs, every rock hid thousands, every tree was a home to thousands more. In every nook and cranny they came, and in every nook and cranny they lived.

Spoiler
    Show
    18AP=20AP-2AP Create Populous: Vermin (insects, arthropods, rats, spiders, etc.) I'm not counting the earthquakes as an AP expenditure because they didn't really harm the landscape that much, and they didn't cause enough change for a shape action
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Chef, The Green Lands

The Chef watched his world come together, his little bit of perfection in an otherwise darkened land. He loved it. It was his way to love it. However, he saw something....wrong in his kitchen.

"What is this?"

A small creature crawled over a pile of freshly picked cabbages. The empowered Demi-God peered at the small creature and reached down to pick it up.

"Hmmm.."

Taking the small creature to his lips he quickly crunched it, trying to taste the better parts of it.

"Nu. This will not do! This thing ruins all it walked in!"

Spitting the bits of roach out. His eyes narrowed as he snapped his fingers.

"Sous-chef, Expediter, Saucier, Poissonnier, Rôtisseur, Grillardin, Friturier, Entremetier, Tournant, Boucher, Pâtissier, Garde Manger, COME! I need to speak to you of an atrocity! Blaspheme! We must destroy all this that dares desecrate that witch is holy!"

The Chef looked at the assembled group of Halflings he had called.

"This...my dearest sons, is what one calls verminal! This is a creature who destroys and does not love the hunger it is blessed with. They are no better then the soulless corpses that to this day chew on our master!"

Flicking from his fingers a bit of a chewed roach he growled.

"Expediter! I never want to see one of these...things... served to anyone who enters this place. This is a holy place, a temple to food. This is the great restaurant! Bring me one of the Commis, it's time he is granted his true name."

The halfling named Expediter ran off to get one of the children. Soon he came back with the 'Commis' bringing him to the Chef.

"This one Master Chef is the most promising for promotion! He is clean, effective, and friendly."

The Chef moved to the youngling and grinned.

"I shall name you....."

All the members of the 'Staff' a council of elders leaned in, waiting in anticipation. The Chef lingered on the last bit, allowing the tension of the moment to increase. He then smiled.

"Dératiseur."

The halflings stopped, confused. 'Dératiseur'? That was not a true halfling name. It was a name that invoked...death. It didn't even truly bring any honor to the youngling. The child looked confused. He looked at the Chef and spoke meekly.

"Master Chef....I take the honored name and employ of Dératiseur...I was unaware of how to do such a job. Please, explain it to me."

The Chef gave a devilish grin.

"My young Dératiseur, yours is a simple job. Kill the verminal in my Green Land!"

Spoiler
    Show
    1 AP = Teach Population (Exterminators) - 1 Curse Vermin (Exterminators killing them.) - 3 AP
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2010-05-25 at 04:50 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Klashanna spent many days engrossed in her studies, but at long last, she had finished her designs for the race which was to bring her Vision into the world of mortals - a people bound by ties of blood and driven by the burning desire to build and improve.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 9: 11-2 (Create Populace - Saerites)

And now everything was clicking into place - she placed her first creations - five Saerites, matriarchs, Queens of their people - in the center of progress. For a time, they slept as they bore their children. But such short spans of time are to the Creators but a blink of an eye - and when their first children were just reaching adulthood, Klashanna awoke the Queens - for she had a message for her people.

For each of them, the message was the same - "Awaken, and know that those around you are your Children - and know that those beside you are your Sisters. Know that this your children and grandchildren will cover this land, and build such wonders as have never been seen in this world except by the will of Gods and Wizards. But most vitally, most importantly, know that you are never alone. Each of you shall take your children - far from here, each of you will build a City. And around these cities, you and your decedents will build great Nations - separate from each other, but bound in fellowship and alliance, for Many united are always stronger than One, no matter how mighty it may be."

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 6: 9-1 (Teach Populace - Nationhood) - 2 (Gain Domain - Civilization)

And then she turned to the Children - some fully grown, some still carried in the arms of their brothers and sisters. And she gave them another message - one which shaped the history of the Saerite people for ages to come - "You - all of you - are creations of the most precious and wonderful sort. For it is your destiny to create in turn!" And here, something odd happened - Klashanna laughed. Her creations were more wonderful than she could have ever imagened - even now, she could see them, see their thoughts begining to wheel and turn as they listened to her words. "You will create, and your creations will change the world in a way the gods could never dream of. United, there is no problem you cannot solve, no challenge you cannot surpass. However! It is not enough that you merely build, not enough that you learn - to truly Progress, you must also teach."

"Your creations will bring light into even the darkest of places. They will give strength to the weak, bring knowledge to the ignorant, protect and serve the Mortal peoples. All of this and more - but first, you have to earn it. After all, it wouldn't mean much if I just gave it to you."

And then she vanished. Or, to be precise, stopped appearing. For the most part, the Saerites followed her instructions - the five great cities were founded, and around them, nations were built. Three of the queens vested their power in their children - great councils were formed, where the voice of the nations' Citizenry could be heard. The fourth queen sought stability, and kept control of the nation in her own hands - though she held it gently, lest her children demand that she follow her sister's lead. The fifth and final queen saw the choices of her sisters and deemed a middle road the wisest course - maintaining control, but allowing herself to be swayed by a council of advisers chosen from among her children.

And while Klashanna never again manifested so clearly to her people, she couldn't help but nudge them every once in a while, whether it be a vision in the dreams of a master mason, who awakes with the most marvelous idea to move heavy objects, or a subtle wedge of thought that sets the wandering merchant thinking how much easier travel would be if the ground was smooth and flat and paved with stones. Sometimes her intervention was suspected, and "being touched by the goddess" became a common term for a sudden flash of inspiration. Some of these people - craftsmen and inventors without equal - went on to become legends in their own right, making discovery after discovery, always leaving the world a little brighter than they found it.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 1: 6 - 1 (Teach Populace - Engineering) - 1 (Teach Populace - Roads) - 3 (Create Concept - Research & Development; creating Tinker and Engineer classes)

And as the Saerites learned, they never forgot their goddesses reminder of the importance of teaching as well. Children were taught the basics by their siblings, and knowledge was widely understood to be free to those who asked.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 0: 1- 1 (Teach Populace - Education)

And from her viewpoint in the Observatory, Klashanna watched it all. And filled with the satisfaction of a job well done, she thought that things might just be looking up for the blasted world she had been born into.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Small Ichmod took a seat in the void nearby Klashanna, watching her do her work with his short legs dangling in the air.

"Hohohoho. That looked like quite the work!"

The grey gnome waved at the goddess as soon as she gave him her attention.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #127

Klashanna looked up from her observation of Progress, looking curiously at the small, gray figure. She knew at once that it was a fellow creator - the fact that he wasn't explosively depressurizing in the Void was a nice tip - but didn't resemble any of the Mortal races she had observed when she was born. Likely another young god then, despite his chosen appearance.

All this was going through her head as she watched the little figure hail her. Deciding it would do her good to get to know her fellow Creators, she replied in kind.

"Indeed, I'm rather proud of them, to be honest. But the void offers a poor view, and I know from experience that its uncomforably cold. If you'd care to step inside, I'd be happy to talk to you."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Just a friendly reminder, the Celestial Observatory is a Dead-Magic zone. So, among other things, no floating once you get inside.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

God of a Trillion Legs

The gigantic arthropod had been crawling about devouring herd beasts contentedly, when it felt the threat to it's spawn. It had expected deaths, thousands and thousands of deaths, but there were countless of them. But somewhere there was a determined effort to rid the world of his spawn, and this it could not capitulate. Turning it's insanely long body, the beast began to run. To run as fast as it possibly could. It's million times a million legs, each taller than a man, powered it with impossible speed across lands and seas, winding past towns, settlements and cities, always in distance to be seen, the clattering of it's feet was like the stampede of a thousand armored destriers to be conservative. Anything that stood in it's path fell. Trees, animals, rocks, people, all fell before it. Such a clamor it rose, and as it ran a great dust storm gathered in it's wake, like the plume of burning cities in a conquering armies wake. At last, it began to draw close, the continent of it's birth speeding away behind it.

The Green Lands

In the distance it was seen, by the dust cloud, like an angry storm fast on the move rose behind it. It was huge, and unlike any creature ever seen. It seemed never ending, it's body and legs stretching for miles. It's front end plowed mercilessly on, until finally it began to slow as it neared the city. It pulled itself into the center of it's spawns' deaths, reared up taller than the tallest tree, and let out a horrible screech, which was answered by countless tiny creatures across the city. The God of a Million times a Million legs had arrived in the Green Lands.

Spoiler
    Show
    17AP=18AP-1AP Pestilence/Curse land (created huge dust storms that would cause havoc on crops and livestock, and would likely kill as well)

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, you float by default in space, nothing to stand on after all.

Ichmod hops to his feet. Walking into the plane besides Klashanna.

"Hohohoho. True, true. Lead the way, lead the way."

Once inside, Ichmod feels the magic weaken and fade.

"This is most odd! Where did the magic go? It was just here a moment ago!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Chef, The Green Lands

The Chef looked over his Green Lands, now Dust raining down upon them, ruining many crops. Many of the Commis were killed from suffocation. A triple threat to his land? First, the meal started attacking, forcing the Master to destroy their true home, the Dining Table. Next, in the Material Realms Death itself destroyed all, leaving only destruction and despair. Now, in his own sanctuary....a storm of dust? This would not be allowed! He would have to learn a way to stop it. Quickly he pulled out the Chalice of Never Ending power form Darrmoon. He would stop this and prevent it from happening ever again. Darrmoon's might would be here to destroy the source of the attack! He tipped the Goblet over, and a single drop of divine power fell to the ground, the plants and livestock grew back, in spite of the dust storm.

The Chef stepped back, the Goblet of Darrmoon's power was empty. This could not be. Darrmoon's power was without limits! There must be more! The Chef quickly moved to travel to see about more power from Darrmoon.

Spoiler
    Show
    0 AP = 1 Bless Land (More Green) - 1 AP left.
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2010-05-25 at 06:42 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Many Legged One

The beast keened and roared, it smashed down on the ground and scuttled through the streets, searching for a being of divine spark, or of reasonable ability to understand it. It wished to speak, to let it's anger be known, but it had no words, for it could not speak any language. So instead it searched, and woe betide the "Workers" that got in it's way as it searched for the "Queen" or something of comparable standing to communicate with.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Green Lands

Search as he might, the Many-Legged One would not find a Godling here in the Green Lands. However, he would find one nice meal. A single Golden Gate could not hold back the might of a God, but it could hold out the blights he would bring. Seeing the searching God, a halfling waiter rushed over to him.

"Evening sir, Would you be interested in taking a seat?"

The halfling ushered the massive bug to a massive chair.

"I should have expected our franchise owner was correct in prescribing this size of seating in parts of the complex."

The seat was given to the massive insect and a menu left on the table, lighted slightly with a modest candle and flower arrangement.

"Now sir, what would it please you to drink?"

Smiling sweetly the halfling stood with his hands behind his back, waiting to take the drink order.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Many Legged God

The creature did not understand, but it spoke, and that was more than the others. It wished to communicate, but the Many Legged One did not understand it's words, and it's gestures meant nothing. Perhaps a gesture of it's own would be more showing. Swarming over the chair, massive as it was it was far too small to accommodate the Many Legged One's bulk even if it had the anatomy to "sit". Instead, it trampled over it and fixed it's attention on the slayers of it's spawn. Chitting madly it rushed forward and tore one apart with it's huge mandibles, gulping down the pulpy remains, and stormed to the next and did the same, and so on twice more, before turning to the speaker, to which it shrieked, bloody gobs flying from it's horrific maw, as the vermin swarmed at it's feet, hiding in it's shadow.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Green Lands

The halfling stood there smiling.

"'The Blood of your Foes' if I heard your correctly, a very good choice. Will that be with or without the flesh of said foes? An appetizer, perhaps?"

The halfling grinned.

"I understand the type. I shall have you a feast prepared in a way you will enjoy most completely."

The halfling scurried away and two halfling returned, hauling a large platter that they sat on the table before the massive chittering creature.

"Bon Appetit."

One of the halflings said as they lifted the great platter's lid, two small halflings were tied up struggling against their binds. One screamed through a gag that was placed on it's mouth. If this was the appetizer, what was to be the main course?

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Many Legged God

The behemoth looked at the plate with his many eyes and twittered in disgust. With a front leg it flung the plate aside, ignoring the bound halflings. Twittering again it turned back and slaughtered another pair of exterminators, then rose up and gave a hollow whistling call. The vermin hiding under it's form, insects, rats, spiders and more, echoed, and so did vermin all about the city. Then, they came to him in droves, in floods. Soon, all the vermin gathered at the massive arthropods feet, crawling about his form, writhing beneath and around him. He gave another hollow whistle, and again the whistle was repeated by all the vermin.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

The path of destruction of the Many Legged God did not go unnoticed by the iron gnomes of despair either. A small comitive followed the deity to the Green Fields, where the iron gnomes were awed, for this place was very unlike the rest of the continent, and the halflings were the first other sentients they met.

Oh, and there was a god, there was that to.

An armored gnome took the lead in adressing the halflings, his skin was not ashen like the others, but of a tarnished platinum hue.

"Hello friends! Might I ask who you are and where you are and who is him, her or it?"

Him, her or it, of course, refered to the Lord of Worms.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Bolded because that color is awful to read.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-05-25 at 11:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #137

She had been curiously viewing the little gnome god as he entered the Observatory, hoping to gauge his reaction to her creation. After all, while she was rather proud of it, Klashanna had no idea how it compared to the homes of other gods.

However, of all the responses she had expected, uncertainty was not one of them. It honestly hadn't occurred to her that the dead magic zone could unsettle a visitor.

"The magic? The magic... isn't here. I built this as a place of study, of invention. Magic would have interfered so... I locked it out. It just would have been getting in the way. I'm certain you understand the importance of scientific rigor, being a Creator yourself... correct?"

"In any case, I assure you, you have nothing to fear here. There may not be any magic, but I've installed some protections of my own." This last sentence jolting her memory, she made a few subtle gestures to a nearby scanner, placing the iron gnome on the "don't fire" list - she shuddered to think what would have happened if he'd wandered off before she did that.

"But come, come on! I've got so many things to show you! And you're the first Creator to see my Observatory up close - it's desperately in need of peer review, so I'd be thrilled to hear your professional opinion."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Assuming Ichmod doesn't protest, Klashanna will give him a tour of the Observatory, jabbering happily in technobabble at the workings of her various inventions, but always ready to shut up if asked to or if Ichmod has input. Assuming nothing particularly noteworthy happens on the way there, they wind up in the Observation room, which is currently processing feeds on events all across Progress. Information on Hope and Despair is conspicuously absent.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Ichmod looks up at Klashanna.

"That I most certainly am! You may call me Ichmod, Ironmaster Ichmod! My creations are the iron gnomes who live beneath the earth in the continents not yours. Artisans, artificers, and researches like you said. Have you seen them? They look just like me! Hohohoho. Or do I look just like them... Decisions. Decisions."

Ichmod nods sagely as he is guided through the place, deciding to save his real questions for the end of the tour.

Once in the observatory, Ichmod looks up at the processing machine, and then turns back to Klashanna.

"Astounding! Astounding! But tell me, if you have locked the magic out of here, what powers all of this? Where does the energy come from? Even the Molten Halls of Inovation do not generate enough geothermic energy to power my entire plane!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #139

"Where do I get the energy... oh yes, of course! How could I have forgotten to show you the very heart of the Observatory?"

Klashanna quickly moves over to one of the many viewing terminals and imputs the proper sequence on the control orb. "Reroute current feed to Spark Chamber overlook."

The screen flickers momentarily before solidifying in a display to put the Observatory's other wonders to shame - a vast chamber, criss-crossed with tubes and conduits, the air hazy with coolants and intermittently illuminated by currents of raw energy. Even through a viewing screen, the sheer amount of power being shuffled about is immediately apparent.

Stepping away from the console to give Ichmod a better look, she spoke again, the pride in her work clearly evident from the energy she puts into her words. "I was baffled by that myself, at first - nowhere, not even an active volcano or magma flow, supplied even close to the power needed to run the Observatory's many functions. But then it hit me - I didn't need to create more energy, I just need to... unlock... what was already there." She gestures at a metallic sculpture on the wall. "What I was looking for was already there, bound up in things just by existing! In a single pound of metal or stone, there is enough energy locked away to power a city for months!" And here a slightly worried look comes over her face - "Or... misused, destroy one in seconds..."

Klashanna stood silent for a moment before continuing, her good cheer as strong as if it had never left."But impressive as it is, the Spark is just that - an energy source. Its worthless without something to power..." Here she seems to be mulling something over, as if she cannot decide whether to spit something out. After a few awkward moments...

"What is the world like? Until I talked to you, I'd never really given much thought to how things were progressing outside of Progress. But you say your people are on the other continents? Have they met with the other races? My work has consumed all my attention - I find myself desperately uninformed at this juncture. Do others progress as quickly as my Saerites? Are the other lands beginning to heal?" The questions pour out of her, her eyes alight with curiosity.

Her hands are placed upon the command console, ready to answer her own questions, but she seems to be awaiting an answer from her fellow Creator, whether out of politeness of because she desired a firsthand opinion.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Yup. The Celestial Observatory is powered by Fission. Or possibly Fusion, I'm not sure - some sort of atomic reaction, made absurdly efficient. Klashanna has that single-minded genius personality - she got so wrapped up in her own Creations that she stopped paying attention to the other stuff - and she's only just now realizing that.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ulthrogrog-Ocean of Hope

As great chunks of rock burrowed into the flesh of the sea, Ulthrogrog refused to allow the plans of any god to interfere with his aspirations. He could sense the Death that permeated through the land, and knew that this nothing less than the work of a god he had yet to meet. He quickly headed for Blackwater Rift, gathering his children and their converted into vast cities that he helped them sculpt with his divine power, and twisted the land to his favour to prevent the debris from destroying his children's hard work. Many of the rocks that made it past these spire-like barriers were dissolved by the Blackwater, and the dwellers in those shadowy depths were largely unaffected by the conflict between the Death God and the Mortal while Ulthrogrog kept watch. When it had come to pass, Ulthrogrog growled forth a thousand curses from his throats.

"Accursed wretches! How dare they pollute the seas with their purposeless destruction, with their foul corpses! No...it will not happen like this. I shall be the doom of them, no other god or goddess shall!" he bellowed in the depths, causing his people to cower in fear of his wrath.

In spite of rage, he reassured his children instead of exposing them to this anger. He did not yet wish to bring his wrath down upon his children after doing so much to protect them, but he resolved to never hesitate to punish them should they show any true doubt of his ability. In order to encourage their faith further, he increased the power of Daeldroth, demanding that his people further empower him with their worship. They did so gladly.

He worked his way back to the shore, intent upon surveying the destruction the land. He crawled up onto the beach, the waters of the ocean wrapping about his massive form, as his filth and corruption spread onto all things. The sand turned into a black semi-liquid, and the creatures warped into twisted, alien versions of what they once were. He desired for Watchers to act in his stead, knowing full well that his avatar could not watch for his people forever. He took a jellyfish forth from the ocean, noticing its buoyancy, how it could float through the oceans with ease. He created a duplicate, and investing divine power into both, placed one back into the oceans, and another upon land.

The transformation that followed was satisfying to Ulthrogrog. The creature that was placed upon the land quickly lost its soft form, becoming wrapped in armoured plates formed from bits of the blackened sand. These hardened into flesh that was stronger than steel, its tentacles moving upwards upon its head whilst its body floated in mid-air. His desire for a Watcher manifested in the tentacles growing bulbous eyes on their ends, a large central eye opening in the main body of the spherical creature, a gaping maw lined with cruel teeth splitting open. Its flesh still dripped with ichor, and it observed the world, floating above the ground with ease. It awaited the word of its Creator.

The creature of the seas became infested with Blackwater, growing to a titantic size, its tendrils sparking with great power. Upon the circumference of its mantle grew pupiless, clear eyes, each glowing a sea green. Sickly green bolts of arcane and psionic power flickered between its tentacles, and this power pulsed throughout its clear body. It, too, awaited the word of its Creator.

"My Watchers! Go forth and do as your name commands. Behold the land and tell me of its devices, and Observe the sea and my people so that they may thrive without my protection. In this, your further my goals, and please your Creator. Your loyalty shall be rewarded in due time."

The two Watchers of Land and Sea bowed their bulbous heads deeply, the Watcher of the Sea swimming back to the depths, while the Watcher of the Land began to burrow into the earth by producing a green beam of energy from one of its many eyes. Each time this beam struck solid matter, it would dissipate into nothingness, providing a clear tunnel into the darkness of the earth, reaching the depths of the Underdark, where it would wait until the sun fell. In darkness, its observing could go unnoticed, and it knew its master wished for secrecy.

Satisfied with his work, Ulthrogrog delved back into the seas, feeling his power growing ever stronger as his children grew in number. He was tired with the vast amount of miracles he performed, and decided to rest for a time. He could only hope that he would be able to resume his plans as soon as possible. Abandoning his Avatar, Ulthrogrog's conciousness was in the Abyss back more, awaiting for his Father's arrival.
    ---------
    Godly Actions

Rollover-7+3=10 AP

Mold Land-Blackwater Rift is now filled with Skum-built architecture and is filled with vast spires that prevent dangerous debris from sinking into the Blackwater Rift and ruining the Skum cities.-1 AP

Nourish Populace (Skum)-1 AP

Guide Populace-Daeldroth-Phrenic Skum Cleric 12-2 AP

Create Populace-Beholders and Cnidarians, Watchers of the Land and Sea-2 AP

Increase DR-7+1=8-3 AP

Total AP Spent-9

10-9=1 AP
    Last edited by CrypticOcean; 2010-05-27 at 02:30 AM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Ichmod nods as he hears the description.

"Interesting. Interesting. But it seems to me that it could have been much easier to do like I did. I have bound ley line fluxes coursing through the plane to the mechanisms. The magic flows spread quickly through the rune matrix, and once set, the energy never stops flowing. Also makes for great decoration! All the swirling lights and sigils."

The gnome punctuates his explanation with circular finger and hand motions.

"As for the world... Well. I must say I have not settled myself that long ago, so I do not really know any other deities. But I head about them! Oh yes. Yes. Yes! I heard of the death god who lives in the moon. The continent of Despair is his doing, kinda, funny name isn't it? Despair, it is a chunk of the moon! There is also this hero, Nedain, but I heard he is mortal! How odd! Where could he have cme from? He battled the death god and was victorious... But then again it caused a great cataclysm shortly before I arrived... And my gnomes have just met these halflings! I have sensed the presence of not one, but two godlings there... One of small critters and the other of... I didn't really see him. And I also felt another godling in the depths of the land! And my scans indicated vicious monsters down there... So I instructed the gnomes to not go too deep, without strong weapons and spells anyway! Hohohoho! And there are many! Many more! But I know them not! I have not even met the ones I mentioned even!"

And then Ichmod crossed his arms and lowered his head in thought.

"As for how the races progress? Hmm... I am fairly sure my gnomes cannot be bested in the field of mystic artifice. And they have not given out the knowledge of metallurgy to other races, so I will be biased and say that they progress better than the others. But I have seen other races! There are those fairies-falie- faeli! Yes! Faeli! They work well enough with wood. And there are the dwarves, who are really good with rock and stone, and te humans are new, but I see potential! And the halflings in Despair look very focused in their cooking. So they probably progress quickly in the field! And there are... Uh... I think there are races deeper underground, but I don't know them. And undersea too, but I don't know those either. But that will be solved! Yes it will!
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-05-27 at 07:09 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nothing: Dark marsh

As the land decays and life fades from his region Nothing feels his self increase

"Less is less and that is great."

As his powers grow Nothing must expand his realm and pushes his divine essence into the dark marsh. As the power pours forth the borders of the marsh expand and begin to encroach upon the land of the faeli.

Spoiler
    Show
    rollover + 2
    AP 1 + 2 + (thank you tia) 2 = 5
    raise DR to 6 --- 4 AP
    shape land : Dark Marsh (expanding borders) --- 1 AP
    AP 0 = 5 - 1 - 4

23. - Top - End - #143

"Perhaps it would have been simpler... but I stand by my decision. For all its flaws, technology is one thing that magic is not - consistent. Think of it like..." Klashanna gropes for an analogy, "...like a building. Once technology has laid the groundwork, it merely needs to build upon itself - one discovery leads to the next. Whereas magic is more like a... sculpture - impressive in its own right, but fixed and inflexible. I've studied at length on the subject of the arcane - if a wizard wishes to create a new spell, she must start at the beginning every time - whereas technology need only discover the next step to progress."

She gestures vaguely to the Observatory as a whole, "For all its wonders, I believe that even this is but a fraction of what it possible - I merely need to find the next step to advance it further."

"But I feel that you know your own domains best - perhaps at some later date, we will find a way to test our theories against each other? But what is this you say about a mortal slaying a god?" As she speaks, Klashanna turns the viewing device to Despair. "If it was self-defense, than I understand the need to fight - a hunter set upon by a lion must fight it off... but Mortals and Creators are thinking beings! What could one of us have done to earn that sort of ire? Surely if they had a disagreement, they could have reached a fair compromise!" Klashanna is visibly distressed - growing more so as she takes in some of the grim images feeding back from Despair - a throng of zombies overrunning a small farmstead... a dark and silent town, doors locked for fear of the things that go bump in the night... a man burned alive for fear he had been bitten by a ghoul...

"What is this? What are they doing? He defended them from monsters... and they repay him like this? I... I need answers. What caused all this?"

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Green Lands

"Sir, I'm afraid we do not understand what you are wishing to have. Perhaps this gnomish gentleman can translate for us."

The very confused halfling looked at the mass of insects.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Iron Gnomes in the Green Lands.

The Platinum gnome raised his arms and shouted.

"He? Sure, sure. We can help! Daxterius! Bring me the UNIVERSAL TRANSLATOR!"

An iron gnomes rushes to the back of a cart, and brings out a necklace.

"Behold! The universal translator!"

The platinum gnome puts the necklace around his neck, and then turns to the vermin god.

"Ahem... SPEAK IN TONGUES!"

And shouts the command word, causing the item to cast Tongues on the god.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rule 1: Always bring a translator if you think you might have to deal with people who don't speak your language.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #146
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Underdark

Erah spoke with Retenen, a hunter.

"Retenen, do you remember the old stories, the stories passed down our former shape?"

"They are not that old, Erah. Do you mean of our time above?"

"Yes, the land of light. Our elders used to tell stories of heroics and darkness. They told us children to never wander away into the dark."

"That is superstition, my child. The coming of the dead showed that daylight was no assurance of safety. Death can move to claim us at any time. We must always be prepared. Thanks to the blessings of the Lady, there is no dark for us anymore."

This was true, the Dark Faeli could see clearly in the night. Yet their ability in darkness left them without brilliant colors. Vengeful dead came in all times, but night made the Faeli vulnerable. Erah was thankful for the gift, but she longed for color.

Erah spoke with Tolara, a priestess.

"Tolara, do you remember the old stories, the stories passed down our former shape; why were we afraid of the darkness?"

The priests and priestesses were by far the most devoted to the lady... and bound to her in a literal sense. Elarion the chosen was the only male priest of the lady, and according to their belief, her consort and lover. The priestesses shared in his blessing through intimate communion with him... that their children would be born blessed.

Tolara gave the young woman a narrow look as she approached. The girl had been blessed strangely, but the goddess had been silent on the matter. For now, it was considered a blessing... but none of the other children of the lady bore such a deformity... and at times, they wondered if it was the lady who had chosen her.

"Why do you ask such things child? The world above is full of death and false gods. Only the messengers go there by choice... and only to bring more here and spare them from pointless death."

The Dark Lady's influence was strong in the clergy, but they may have held what Erah sought.

"I was contemplating the interplay of the dark and light. In our changed forms we are closer to the darkness, but could there be more under the abyssal depths than we are aware of?"

"Of course there is. The depths are home to the lady and her servants. It is not for us to be. There are hungry things there."

"Dangers lie within the darkness. Thank you Tolara."

Despite the gifts bestowed by the Dark Lady, the Dark Faeli were still wary of the darkness. From it came horrible beings whose secrets were cloaked in abyssal shadow.

Erah spoke with Utwan, an arcanist.

"Utwan, do you remember the old stories, the stories passed down our former shape; what lies within the abyss of the Asharra's domain?"

"Mmm." The sorcerer mumbled, seeming somewhat distracted, "Think you of going there, Erah? There are easier ways to die. If you are tired of life, you would do us all better as a breeding slave. I have heard the Illithids can strip your mind so barren that you will be entirely unaware of what is done to your body."

The sorcerer smiled a disjointed smile, looking the young woman up and down. Sorcerers of the Lady were often... touched. They knew full well what lied beyond the pools of sacrifice... and that knowledge did not come with a price.

"To understand what lies below would break you, child. Those who have seen it are changed... only the strongest souls survive. To be honest, girl... I do not think you have the will for it. Why are you so curious?"

"I have pondered the interplay of light and dark. We live within darkness, Utwan, yet there exists and even deeper darkness. Like our former shape we keep out of the dark, warned and coddled as if children. Unless I am proved otherwise I shall know we have exchanged one master for another."

"Arrogant girl." The sorcerer spoke with a sneer, "Of course we have a master. The Lady guides us, and protects us... even as she demands things of us. Think you that you can fathom the will of the goddess? Do you think you are above her, perhaps? That her will holds no sway over you?"

Hunching low, Utwan hushed his voice.

"You would be wise to not say such things. Or you will find yourself given up as sacrifice." He warned her ominously, "There will always be things beyond us. But we are chosen. The Lady's blessings are upon us. We are most favored amongst her children."

The urge to strike the arcanist down was strong in Erah, but she held control of her emotions.

"Our forms mark us as children of the Lady, but the proof of favor is as murky as the sacrifice pools. If we are free from what held us in our former shape, we do not need keeping between worlds."

Erah walked with her kin through the caverns. Before, she wanted illumination for herself, now she wanted illumination for all her kin. Something lurked within the abyss, hidden from eyes capable of seeing in mundane darkness. Secrets were hidden from dark faeli. The dark pools and alien beings were a bulb, roots underneath twisted through darkness.

----------------

((Another part of Erah's story. I'll need to write more in the future

Thank you BloodyAngel for your responses.))
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

27. - Top - End - #147

Dorian, Karlinto

Dorian sized up the emptiness of his new plane, and the destruction of the old world. Few of the titans remained, and though the treants and dire animals flourished in the destruction and disorganized undead, but still, Dorian worried about the meager protection the material plane offered his creatures. Though he was a hunter, and Dorian knew that death was part of the natural cycle, but such destruction...

Dorian shook his head. Here was the only place where he could truly protect his creatures, his people. He lifted his arms and brought his people there. A huge shift rent the material plane apart, tearing up whole forests and plains, uprooting a whole mountain. He brought them to his plane to protect them, to shelter them, and, one day, to release them upon the world, once again, the deadliest hunters ever...

Spoiler
    Show

2 AP +3(One rollover) -2(Guide Populace: move his creatures) -2(?)(Shift land: obvious)= 1(or 0, possibly)
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Many Legged God

The huge trillipede's howling, clicking voice suddenly began to stream through the translator as more recognizable language. "... Shall cease your extermination of my spawn, many may die, but your peoples efforts to eradicate my creations must end!"

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Sivil, the magnificent

Once upon a time, there was a man who lived in a city. It was a hard life but for the most part everyone was happy. But there was one man who was not happy.

"Confound it this isn't right!" the man screamed as he smashed through a table with his iron scepter.

"... But sir. These people, they have nothing. We can't ask for anything!"

"Find a way! I will not be made the fool of!"

Sivil was a wizard. Perhaps the most powerful wizard in the world. There was nothing he couldn't do. He worked hard to get where he was, and had no patience for others. And so when he was commissioned to eliminate the pests from a farm, he naturally assumed that they would be able to pay somehow.

But these peasants could not afford to pay. And everyone just assumed that because it was the right thing to do, that they wouldn't have to.

And Sivil was furious. So furious in fact that the next day he vanished without a trace.

Sivil constructed a tower for himself, for he believed himself so much above others. It had been like this for years. On occasion people would seek him out. Almost all requests were denied, because they could not meet his demands.

But then an idea occurred to Sivil. Surely with his great power, had he not become like a god? Does it not stand to reason that he should be treated as one?

And so, he returned to the city, floating on a magical throne.

"Sivil, the magnicent has returned. And he has found a payment plan for you." He pointed at one of the nobles houses, "Build for me a grand temple. Amongst the most worthy I shall appoint messengers to carry to me your wishes. I shall provide a list of services, and how long it is you must work for me."

The citizens were outraged, and began to throw rocks at the floating throne.

This infuriated the wizard. He was doing these people a favor. He owed them nothing. Certainly he had the means to do all the labor he desired himself already. Was this not the act of a benevolent god?

And so he pointed his staff down and was about to destroy the whole city before he realized this was not a good strategy.

"I suppose it is understandable that you have your doubts of my power. Very well then." And so he pointed his staff in the forest, and there was a flash of light.

"If you change your mind, you may pray to me there."

And so it came to be that not long after, a horde of the Undead had risen and were marching on the town. Sivil had not forgiven anyone. He had merely devised a new plan. For what if a horde of monsters attacked the town. Monsters he created!

Sure enough, they prayed to be saved. And once again Sivil made the same demands. This time, they were much more willing to listen.

And sure enough Sivil destroyed the army he had created, shooting them all down with lightning. All about the showmanship. Sivil had his temple. And people began to work for him. He had established a cult for himself.

And this still wasn't enough. For as his power grew, so to did his need for more.

By this point he had effectively taken control of everything, and the people no longer said no to anything he did. And so, he came up with a plan. The promise was eternal salvation, but to obtain it they had to die first.

Didn't quite work out that way though.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra & Elarion: The Abyss

Power unlike anything he had felt surged over his body. His mind reeled under the force of all around him even as his very blood burned with the gift of sorcery. Such rapture he had never felt before, and he craved all of it he could get.

The world above changes. His mistress told him, stroking her hand down his chest, The waves of death and the shattering of the moon are but the beginning. It will not stop.

What do you will of me? Elarion asked her without hesitation. He was bound in chains of lust and power... a willing slave.

There will be no peace or freedom for you so long as the world contains other gods and their creations. She told him in a silken voice, So long as there are other creators and their children, there will be fights between them... with only death in their wake. You will purge this world, my love... And rule over what remains. All will join me as ally, servant or slave... or it they will be destroyed.

We were massing to conquer before the moon fell and the earthquakes came.

Admirable, my love... but more must be done. Several surface tribes mean nothing. All has been put into motion for something greater. You will lead the force that brings darkness to this world.

Anything. He said, placing a trembling kiss upon her soft, pale neck. Tell me what I must do...

---------------------

Keia: The Underdark

It had been near a week since Elarion was pulled under the water of the pools of sacrifice. Keia and her people had stayed in the deepest of tunnels, and by grace of the goddess, they had held. The earthquakes had ceased, and the world had calmed. Elarion's apparent sacrifice had spared them. She found herself unable to join her people in their prayers of gratitude to the lady, however. She sent them to explore the tunnels above and inspect the damages while she stayed beside the pools alone. No one would see her cry.

For days she stayed beside the pools, hoping and praying for her love's return. She offered her blood, her body and her soul to the goddess in his place... but still the waters were quiet. If her tears and blood were not enough... she knew not what more she could give. She thought of walking into the icy waters and letting the lady claim her as well... but doing so would spit upon Elarion's sacrifice. He wished his people to live and prosper. She would honor him, and lead them as he would.

-------------------------

Under the guidance of Keia and the coven of the dark lady, the Dark Faeli cleared their tunnels and rebuilt their homes. They settled and they grew, moving to the surface and absorbing broken tribes of Faeli who had been struck hard in the wave of pestilence and destruction that had ravaged the surface. Their numbers grew, and children were born. Using their magics, they observed the changed world and the new beings that had sprung up upon it. New lands and new races had been born... and they learned all could of them. They prospered as well as they could, and Keia was content... if quietly wounded inside. Unlike the rest of her people, she did not indulge in lust, or take another lover to comfort her.

One night, like any other... she slept fitfully. She dreamed of Elarion... though he was far off and calling to her. She heard his voice growing distant as she struggled to reach him in vain.

Keia, please... I am lost. I cannot find the way alone. I need you.

No matter how she ran and cried out for him... his voice faded away into nothing, and he was gone. She woke with a start, glancing into the darkness of her room. It could not have just been a dream. He was trying to reach her. The goddess had granted her prayers! Quickly throwing on nothing more than a light robe to cover herself, she ran through the dark tunnels... her heart pounding. Down into the depths of the earth she ran, to the sacred site, and the pools of sacrifice. The shrine they had built to honor Elarion's sacrifice stood silently in the dark, as the cold water lapped at the rocky shores of the great underground sea.

Keia stepped into pool, the frigid water rising up about her bare legs as she looked about hopefully. It could not have been just a dream. The sea beat against the rocky shore, coldly indifferent to her longing and desperate hope. It was quiet... No one was here. Her heart sank.

Please... She said quietly, clutching tight her symbol of the goddess, her red eyes watering.

From below, she saw a shape moving through the depths... The three red eyes of an Aboleth shining up from the deep. It's form was massive, and she resisted the urge to flee from it's presence. If the goddess had sent this creature to kill her, she knew that running would aid her not. Instead, the massive being surfaced, and swam it's way to beside the shore, where she noticed it carried a much smaller form in it's writhing black tendrils. Pale and bare, but alive... was Elarion. He coughed up water as he was set down upon the rocky shore.

For the first time in a long time, joy crossed her face as she ran to him, and threw her arms around him as the pain she had felt in her heart melted away.

Thank you! Oh goddess, thank you! She called to the massive aberration, I will never doubt again.

The great beast returned to the depths, as she hugged Elarion tightly. He was cold and soaked, but she cared not. Slowly he looked up to her, his eyes hazy as he tried to make sense of the world.

Keia?

I found you. She said tearfully, as she helped him to his feet, Please... never leave me again.

For a moment, he looked at her before he let his arms slip around her in a tight embrace. Her body was warm and her heart racing.

How long has it been?

Come. Let us go home. I will tell you everything along the way.

---------------------------

Godly Actions: Drama!

But seriously... it's all building towards something.

Raise Mortal Followers: Elarion (Sorcerer 6 / Alienist 10 / Nightmare Spinner 5). Epic level! Keia (Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 3 / Mystic Theurge 8)

Soon, the good stuff begins.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!