New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: New [Steam] - New RAAAAAGE 10

I'd love to play in this, if you need alts.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    That works out well! I'm not actually for Mac at all...it's just that I'm a Graphic Arts student, and the majority of the programs I use are either native only to Mac, or work best on a Mac.
    No...NONONonoNononnOonono. You're so wrong. I've been using windows with adobe since CS2 and I know, for a fact, it runs better on my laptop than on the macs at uni, which are more powerful than my laptop. I'll let that sink in...My laptop, which is 3 years old, runs CS4 better than the year old Macs at uni.

Macs are not better for graphic design, you've just been programmed to think that.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    No...NONONonoNononnOonono. You're so wrong. I've been using windows with adobe since CS2 and I know, for a fact, it runs better on my laptop than on the macs at uni, which are more powerful than my laptop. I'll let that sink in...My laptop, which is 3 years old, runs CS4 better than the year old Macs at uni.

Macs are not better for graphic design, you've just been programmed to think that.
    Corel Painter. Maya. ZBrush. Cinema 4D. My research has actually shown me that these products are more stable on a Mac platform, and my attempts to use them on my PC partition (and on other PCs) have been less than successful. The Photoshop programs work well on both: I have them on both sides. Manga Studio and SAI Painter occupy the PC side of my machine. Different systems for different programs.

Trust me...I know what I'm doing.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2010-05-11 at 05:40 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Bugbear in the Playground

Huh, big Counterstrike update?

I don't play Counterstrike, but I have a number of friends that do, including one that played at the competitive level for a short while before work and a life forced him off.

Sounds like a lot of the updates add some of the greater FPS improvements that TF2 introduced: the domination/revenge system, achievements, a killcam, even player stats and a MVP system.
    Thanks a TON to Almighty Salmon for the Amazing Log Man!

The Legend of TheLogMan

5. - Top - End - #1205

Quote Originally Posted by drolkcal View Post
    Use a program like Audacity to record "What U Hear" or your sound Mixer. Took me about 10 minutes to set up. It records my mic and anything I hear. I would do it for the drunk game but I will be away Saturday.
    Lucky bastard. I've gotten it to work ONCE, and my audio was ****ed up for a hour afterwords. Had to mess with every setting. It all depends on what audio card you end up having.

6. - Top - End - #1206

Right, today on ChHa I have had far too much abuse from one player. Quite frequently I try to enjoy my day on the game, when a certain Sliver of a man appears to ruin the fun.

He has repeatedly called me and others gay, trolled several other users, spoilt a gimmick match that 90% of the server population at the time agreed on and is extremely rude and uncooperative.

I would like to ask if anyone else feels the same way, or if it is just me.

At the same time, I thank Drolkcal for putting up with my complaints and requests on the server tonight. You are a real saint Drolkcal.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Right, today on ChHa I have had far too much abuse from one player. Quite frequently I try to enjoy my day on the game, when a certain Sliver of a man appears to ruin the fun.

He has repeatedly called me and others gay, trolled several other users, spoilt a gimmick match that 90% of the server population at the time agreed on and is extremely rude and uncooperative.

I would like to ask if anyone else feels the same way, or if it is just me.

At the same time, I thank Drolkcal for putting up with my complaints and requests on the server tonight. You are a real saint Drolkcal.
    He has also been kicked at least twice, and has been warned that the next offense will result in more serious action. Could we please have a ban next time he does something punishable?
    Last edited by Imposter; 2010-05-11 at 07:07 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Orc in the Playground

He has repeatedly called me and others gay, trolled several other users, spoilt a gimmick match that 90% of the server population at the time agreed on and is extremely rude and uncooperative
    I was not aware of this, I thought he was just ruining the gimmick. I would have banned him if I knew.
    Drolkcal the Bastard
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mtg_Player_Zach [GitP]: why are you carrying a propane tank?
    drolkcal: i pretend its a gnome

9. - Top - End - #1209

Kobold

Played Team Vs with the team of ZMF people who usually steamroll GITP. (Marphy, Raptoraj, Dinner)

We got stomped the first round, but then managed to keep it even up until the third level when raptoraj had to go to bed so everyone left.

LESSONS LEARNED:

1. Have a smoker stand next to a charger spot, and then pull the survivor into position so that the charger can't miss

2. Speed is everything. I think their team took an average of like, 5 minutes to get through a map, while ours was more than four times that. Admittedly, their increased skill contributed to their ability to move quickly, but I can't help but feel that like, 90% of the time, survivors tend to move slower than necessary.

I think on the ideal team, the back two survivors are moving as fast as they can forward (and shooting zombies) and the front two survivors are working hard to shoot all the zombies and point out any helpful items, so that the team never has to stand still.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

10. - Top - End - #1210

One of these days my parents will understand that we have two computers for a reason. One, and only one, is capable of gaming and should be thus used while the other can be used for homework! Nah, that will never catch on.
    Spoiler
    Show

A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

11. - Top - End - #1211

One of these days my parents will understand that we have two computers for a reason. One, and only one, is capable of gaming and should be thus used while the other can be used for homework! Nah, that will never catch on.
    This is why I spent my life savings on my own computer. Nobody else gets to use it. Ever.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scuzzball View Post
    This is why I spent my life savings on my own computer. Nobody else gets to use it. Ever.
    No, not even then. :P

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Imposter View Post
    He has also been kicked at least twice, and has been warned that the next offense will result in more serious action. Could we please have a ban next time he does something punishable?
    See, not to get on my soapbox, but this is why the Judge Dredd approach is best. If they do something that would get them kicked off the server once, after being asked not to by mods and community members, we don't need them on the server again. There are plenty of exciting non-ChHa alternatives for them to explore.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1214

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    See, not to get on my soapbox, but this is why the Judge Dredd approach is best. If they do something that would get them kicked off the server once, after being asked not to by mods and community members, we don't need them on the server again. There are plenty of exciting non-ChHa alternatives for them to explore.
    I go half and half now with my last ban-hammer wielding. I warned him, then I kicked him, and when he came back, then I banned him for a day and I've never seen him since.

But I have gotten a lot more strict about the rules and I prefer it that way. Like Rutskarn said, there are plenty of non-ChHa servers for them, and there are plenty of non-trolls to play with us.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Judge Dredd?

You were the log?

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

Did I mention that I recommended the server on RPG.net's TF2 thread? I saw messages there from former d20 Lawful players who didn't know that community has moved, so I posted the IP. I hope this mostly brought good people to be in games with.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ogre in the Playground

Judge Dredd?

Hmm... how about 1984?

"It is not good enough to obey Chocolate Hammer, you must love Chocolate Hammer"
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-05-11 at 09:30 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

18. - Top - End - #1218

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Judge Dredd?

You were the log?
    He may be the log...

But I...

I AM THE LAWL!

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    I go half and half now with my last ban-hammer wielding. I warned him, then I kicked him, and when he came back, then I banned him for a day and I've never seen him since.

But I have gotten a lot more strict about the rules and I prefer it that way. Like Rutskarn said, there are plenty of non-ChHa servers for them, and there are plenty of non-trolls to play with us.
    I'm an admin for eGO (a Mature Gaming Community is our slogan) and I'll tell you our system which works great. It's the warn/kick/ban system. Now, to make sure admin abuse doesn't happen, we use text warnings and condumps later as concrete evidence to show admins were just in their kicks. So, one warning, if they pursue wrongful action, kick from the server, and if they return and do more dickitry, they get a ban. Depending on how severe the action is, the ban time is relative to it.

We do have a whole hierarchy and all sorts of organization to it (division leaders, community leaders, event coordinators) so it's easy to stop admin abuse and remove bans and such. Anyways, thought I'd put my 2 cents in.
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonarch View Post
    My laptop is a 3 year old 15" Macbook Pro. I am very suddenly glad I went with the MBP, since the graphics card isn't integrated.
    Ah, I see. I mean how do you have room for your mouse?
    Wonder Woman (DC Girls in Sweaters Style) Avatar by Astrella.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Faulty, now available in other flavours:
    last.fm
    Metal Archives

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sleverin View Post
    I'm an admin for eGO (a Mature Gaming Community is our slogan) and I'll tell you our system which works great. It's the warn/kick/ban system. Now, to make sure admin abuse doesn't happen, we use text warnings and condumps later as concrete evidence to show admins were just in their kicks. So, one warning, if they pursue wrongful action, kick from the server, and if they return and do more dickitry, they get a ban. Depending on how severe the action is, the ban time is relative to it.

We do have a whole hierarchy and all sorts of organization to it (division leaders, community leaders, event coordinators) so it's easy to stop admin abuse and remove bans and such. Anyways, thought I'd put my 2 cents in.
    The last I heard about eGO severs is that they were full of admin abuse, **** modding, and generaly the worst servers around...I can't vouch for that if it's true or not since I've never played on them, but that's just what I've heard...

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    - like the owl.
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Dis, I love you.
    Your quotes rawk.

22. - Top - End - #1222

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Judge Dredd?

You were the log?
    I AM the LOG.

Sorry, had to be done.

And a little late, but I digress.
    Thanks a TON to Almighty Salmon for the Amazing Log Man!

The Legend of TheLogMan

23. - Top - End - #1223

The last I heard about eGO severs is that they were full of admin abuse, **** modding, and generaly the worst servers around...I can't vouch for that if it's true or not since I've never played on them, but that's just what I've heard...
    I haven't heard much about the specific admin-ing that goes on, but I've played on several servers and usually enjoyed the server. Most (eGO) players were fine to play with, and actually quite good at TF2.

24. - Top - End - #1224

We really need to move to Rutskarn's system, using only the dumb warn/kick/ban only for gimmick rounds. We have plenty of server regulars who are good people. We don't need to keep all those friggin' jerks.

Anyway, this discussion probably belongs in the server thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    I haven't heard much about the specific admin-ing that goes on, but I've played on several servers and usually enjoyed the server. Most (eGO) players were fine to play with, and actually quite good at TF2.
    I suppose I've only heard the bad things, and not actually having played on one of their servers, I can't really say. I was just pointing out what I had heard.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    - like the owl.
    Dis, I love you.
    Your quotes rawk.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Barbarian in the Playground

I thought I was on the sober team...
    Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    Dude, don't. Not cool. Seriously.

We don't talk about the Great Presidential Necrophilia Incident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    Wojo is my conjoined twin.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Orc in the Playground

I suppose I've only heard the bad things, and not actually having played on one of their servers, I can't really say. I was just pointing out what I had heard.
    From my personal experience, I've never seen admin abuse by any of our admins. Any abuse is quickly dealt with (I've seen a TON of high level admins removed because of admin abuse or something else related to it) and the higher ups are really good at managing stuff. Now, you WILL hear bad stuff from players who don't agree with our standards. There's a TON of people out there who hate eGO since we don't take nonsense from annoying jerks, trolls, griefers and such. Now, the servers ARE centered around being very noob friendly, and the player limit is 32 (16v16), so a lot of people might also not like the servers. Even though I've grown tired of the 32 man servers when they're full, I enjoy adminning there, and the community is a great bunch of people. It's nice to know that any eGO server you hop on, even if you have never heard of any other admins on the server, everyone acts like they know you, and are super friendly. Boy, I went on a bit of a typing thingy here huh? Maybe I shouldn't type near sleeptime.

Oh, also, I got me a big-ass bottle of Kahlua and Vodka for the weekend. Now I gotta get me a nice six pack of Guinness, and we're ready to go.
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.

28. - Top - End - #1228

My server policy is, if they're not going to take a kick, I go straight to a perma-ban. Why? It's reversible if I mess up (time bans aren't), and it solves the problem for good.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Troll in the Playground

@Sleverin: Like I said, just word of mouth. It may have just been from the few admins that were abusing where the ones on at the time the people I heard it from were on. I meant no slight against the servers (:

@Djinn: I haven't actually banned anyone yet...I feel kinda sad. I've done a few kicks and it solved it, but no bans >:

I'm such a useless admin :D
    Except for when late night/early morning players are on...

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    - like the owl.
    Dis, I love you.
    Your quotes rawk.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ogre in the Playground

If there's someone who really needs to never darken the server access port again and no admins around to get rid of them, follow these steps:

1. Open up your console.

2. Type 'status'.

3. Record the STEAM_x:x:xxxxxx ID next to the player's name.

4. Find an admin - either at the time or later - and let them know the Steam ID. With that we can ban the offender whether they're online or not.

(The console command is "rcon banid 0 STEAM_x:x:xxxxxx". I don't know if all admins can use that, or just people who know the rcon password, but there are enough of both that it shouldn't be problematic to find someone.)

I'm not all that concerned about admin abuse because, frankly, I know who you all are. Anyone using their powers for griefing can be quickly found out, and perpetrators will receive a frowny-face PM or something similar.
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.