New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: GitP Conworlding/Worldbuilding Project - Language Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tulio d Bard View Post
    Yeah, it is quite a lot.

That thing about VSO for Sarlaq language was thought exactly because it emphasised their actions. But at that time I thought they were agressive. If you guys want to change it, I suggest that, instead of changing the order itself, make it SeaSharlaq language. Or, like it is now, proto-language, allowing us to change it when it comes to River Croc Language itself. Probably VSO for SeaSharlaq (agressive), OVS/OSV for River Sharlaq (both of them? - family oriented people), Gnomish may vary and no idea for the Humans, as I see it.
    I like the idea that the Sea Sharlaq are more aggressive than their river counterparts, the sea being a far more hostile environment in general than

I personally don't like that Thoughtspeech. We're trying to keep it low-magic level and I don't see why they would use another language if they did speak throught thoughts.
    The thing about thoughts is, nobody knows anything about how they work. As humans, we are limited to human communications, and human interactions, and more importantly, human words. When I think of something, in a more generalized, non-specific way, I tend to associate colors. This allows me to create connections between different subjects via color, subconsciously. This is a fact that I have only recently come to realize, and it is striking. I can understand the reasoning behind disliking Thoughtspeech, and the way it is written up is probably wrong for what is attempting to be said. Thoughtspeech wouldn't be so much personalized, as varying depending on the way the person thinks. The point is, if I think in color, but another person thinks in shapes, then you have to have a different language for them. Because thought is so much less limiting and limited when compared to words, it isn't necessarily a language, in the sense that you can't learn it in a school. Only through understanding a persons mind, through intense years of study, and personal sacrifices (political sacrifices, social sacrifices, family and emotional sacrifices) would a person be able to truly communicate with a mind. Even then, almost all communication would be hazy and indistinct. If you knew someone for years, and years, you still might not understand their thoughts, even if you were to study them the entire time. The thing about thoughts is, they are most often faster than most people have the capability of perceiving. Most people use those connections mentioned earlier, via patterns, colors, shapes or a multitude of other such ways, in order to condense, and speed up thoughts. This is what has probably led humans to be such a varied and evolved species. I can understand that one would not want mind reading, but this is actually a step away from most mind reading in the classical fantasy sense; it is far, far harder to be a mind reader in this case than it is in most other fantasy settings, and one has to make many, many sacrifices just to come to the level that they can communicate with another person. This adds another level of social interaction to those few who are able to read minds at all, and then communicate with them.

TL;DR: Thoughtspeech is an attempt at a more realistic version of mind reading. Of course, those neurosciences things that I am talking about are not based on what I have researched, or what I know for fact; only what I have observed within my own mind. Interpret this as you will.

unosarta, you may want to check this site, as you seem very interested in scripts. I don't remember if I mentioned it before, so the sugestion's also valid to everyone else.
    I love writing systems, and that is a very, very cool link. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Omniglot's a pretty cool site. It gives information about languages and scripts and doesn't afraid of anything.
    I think you just won something. Not that there was a contest, or anything.

Well, we'll see about the word order. There are actually quite a few languages that are VSO, and the native speakers aren't really that much more violent than everybody else.
    Well, it is less aggressive than action oriented, most likely. Of course, I am only interpreting what I am think about the matter, but it seems that aggression stems not necessarily from a thought process, but from emotion, which is very hard to control, at least compared to such thought processes.
    Last edited by unosarta; 2010-08-27 at 01:06 AM.
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

My deviantArt.

Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unosarta View Post
    The thing about thoughts is, nobody knows anything about how they work. As humans, we are limited to human communications, and human interactions, and more importantly, human words. When I think of something, in a more generalized, non-specific way, I tend to associate colors. This allows me to create connections between different subjects via color, subconsciously. This is a fact that I have only recently come to realize, and it is striking. I can understand the reasoning behind disliking Thoughtspeech, and the way it is written up is probably wrong for what is attempting to be said. Thoughtspeech wouldn't be so much personalized, as varying depending on the way the person thinks. The point is, if I think in color, but another person thinks in shapes, then you have to have a different language for them. Because thought is so much less limiting and limited when compared to words, it isn't necessarily a language, in the sense that you can't learn it in a school. Only through understanding a persons mind, through intense years of study, and personal sacrifices (political sacrifices, social sacrifices, family and emotional sacrifices) would a person be able to truly communicate with a mind. Even then, almost all communication would be hazy and indistinct. If you knew someone for years, and years, you still might not understand their thoughts, even if you were to study them the entire time. The thing about thoughts is, they are most often faster than most people have the capability of perceiving. Most people use those connections mentioned earlier, via patterns, colors, shapes or a multitude of other such ways, in order to condense, and speed up thoughts. This is what has probably led humans to be such a varied and evolved species. I can understand that one would not want mind reading, but this is actually a step away from most mind reading in the classical fantasy sense; it is far, far harder to be a mind reader in this case than it is in most other fantasy settings, and one has to make many, many sacrifices just to come to the level that they can communicate with another person. This adds another level of social interaction to those few who are able to read minds at all, and then communicate with them.

TL;DR: Thoughtspeech is an attempt at a more realistic version of mind reading. Of course, those neurosciences things that I am talking about are not based on what I have researched, or what I know for fact; only what I have observed within my own mind. Interpret this as you will.
    In other words, SCIENCE!

I think you just won something. Not that there was a contest, or anything.
    I do that from time to time.

Well, it is less aggressive than action oriented, most likely. Of course, I am only interpreting what I am think about the matter, but it seems that aggression stems not necessarily from a thought process, but from emotion, which is very hard to control, at least compared to such thought processes.
    Ah, hm. Well, that would make more sense for the humans, but we'll see.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

In other words, SCIENCE!
    Obligatory SCIENCE link is obligatory.

I do that from time to time.
    I'm sure you do...

Ah, hm. Well, that would make more sense for the humans, but we'll see.
    Hm, that might be interesting. What are the angles being taken with the humans anyway?

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm, that might be interesting. What are the angles being taken with the humans anyway?
    My idea was generally, a race of Kaminas, but we'll see how they actually turn out. I do remember someone saying that the second race of humans could be based off of the Vikings.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

My idea was generally, a race of Kaminas, but we'll see how they actually turn out. I do remember someone saying that the second race of humans could be based off of the Vikings.
    O_O

As in this Kamina? This should prove intense. Maybe all of their language is made with the highest priority being to look bad a**? I suppose that might prove more of a cultural characteristic, than a linguistical one.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

O_O

As in this Kamina? This should prove intense. Maybe all of their language is made with the highest priority being to look bad a**? I suppose that might prove more of a cultural characteristic, than a linguistical one.
    Who the hell do you think I am... talking about.

Yeah, I'd guess it would be a more cutural trait, but culture and language do intersect quite often.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Who the hell do you think I am... talking about.
    Oh my god... you just won something again.

Yeah, I'd guess it would be a more cutural trait, but culture and language do intersect quite often.
    Still, that would be a very interesting cultural trait. How would they have survived for so long, being mini-Kamina's? You'd think they would have died a heroic death early on.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

[QUOTE=unosarta;9233825]Oh my god... you just won something again.
    [/QUOTE[

Toldja I did it a lot.

Still, that would be a very interesting cultural trait. How would they have survived for so long, being mini-Kamina's? You'd think they would have died a heroic death early on.
    We could justify it the way the vikings did it. Basically, only the ones looking for adventure would go out and pillage the coasts of Europe. Most Nords stayed home, with many men defending it from invaders.

Of course, any discussion that has to do with the culture should really go into the main thread.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Toldja I did it a lot.
    I couldn't find a prize, so here, have a cat rolling a watermelon out of a lake. You earned it.

We could justify it the way the vikings did it. Basically, only the ones looking for adventure would go out and pillage the coasts of Europe. Most Nords stayed home, with many men defending it from invaders.
    That would be interesting. Who would they pillage? The Sharlaq? It would be interesting to see them meet the Sea Sharlaq.

Of course, any discussion that has to do with the culture should really go into the main thread.
    Oh, right, sorry.

Anyway, back to languages. Um... yeah. Now is when I would make an obligatory table, but I already made it.

Awkward.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Ohwhythankyou.

That would be interesting. Who would they pillage? The Sharlaq? It would be interesting to see them meet the Sea Sharlaq.
    Well, not exactly pillage, more like "adventuring", maybe. It'd be amusing to see humans deliberately play up RPG Cliches.

Or they could just go pillage "Random Human Nation A" or "Random Sharlaq Nation Jaqs".

Oh, right, sorry.

Anyway, back to languages. Um... yeah. Now is when I would make an obligatory table, but I already made it.

Awkward.

Well, anyway. I'll see what I can do with the Souther River-Sharlaq and the Sea Sharlaq language.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, not exactly pillage, more like "adventuring", maybe. It'd be amusing to see humans deliberately play up RPG Cliches.
    Ah, but here appears a problem. If the humans were to "adventure," in the same way that many RPGs handle it, they would be far, far more wealthy than others. Therefore, almost everyone would at least want to be an adventurer. One way to take it, would be that adventuring, as a human who would raid, would involve a lot more danger and death, and would also get hardly any pay. Those who do adventure are welcome in communities, but feared, and also tend to be a little bit crazy, more like how mercenaries are, but tied to a community.

Well, anyway. I'll see what I can do with the Souther River-Sharlaq and the Sea Sharlaq language.
    Yeah. I really like the idea that they are so different, while they might appear to be similar. I wonder how cultural interactions between Sea Sharlaq and River Sharlaq play out.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, but here appears a problem. If the humans were to "adventure," in the same way that many RPGs handle it, they would be far, far more wealthy than others. Therefore, almost everyone would at least want to be an adventurer. One way to take it, would be that adventuring, as a human who would raid, would involve a lot more danger and death, and would also get hardly any pay. Those who do adventure are welcome in communities, but feared, and also tend to be a little bit crazy, more like how mercenaries are, but tied to a community.
    Hm. Well, we'll see when we get there.

Yeah. I really like the idea that they are so different, while they might appear to be similar. I wonder how cultural interactions between Sea Sharlaq and River Sharlaq play out.
    Culture Shock?

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm. Well, we'll see when we get there.
    OK.

Culture Shock?
    Quite likely.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, it is quite a lot.
    Wow, you got it exactly! (Thoughtspeech? )

I like the idea that the Sea Sharlaq are more aggressive than their river counterparts, the sea being a far more hostile environment in general than
    That's the idea.

So, for example: person A is thinking about time and does it in shapes; person B thinks in sounds; would person B receive the thought in shape or sound? Maybe we could say that the feeling is passed instead of exact thoughts. What do you think?

I love writing systems, and that is a very, very cool link. Thanks!
    No problem.

I love you! <3
    Burk from Neorice's A Path to Greater Good is a good example too, speaking of awesomeness.
    They would care about their people in general, being impulsive/agrssive but also lovable.
    Evil humans, on the other side, would be power thirsty, measuring no efforts or consequences to reach their goals.
    I think that's like maxing usual human traits.

Even those who stayed home would do things in an awesome way on their daily basis.
    Their lives could be ruled by tropes (Narrativium?), though that could make the world a bit unreal-looking (not sure).

Yeah, it would be great if unosarta read it all. You would be helpful there.

Or they could just go pillage "Random Human Nation A" or "Random Sharlaq Nation Jaqs".

And there were some guys who said humans were boring!

One idea was that the Seakin is much more conservative ("Those mud reptiles trading with humans, hmp! Good times were those when humans were a common appetizer to our people.") and Riverkin accepts changes and news much better (in fact, they did move from the seas, where their relatives had been living for who-knows-how-long time). Diplomacy would be difficult, but they wouldn't fight each other (maybe there are some wars, but not usually).

So, back on subject, how would Kaminan Humans' language look like? (Just general traits. We're still on Gnomish)
    Last edited by Tulio d Bard; 2010-08-27 at 10:47 PM.
    I'm not an English native speaker. If you find any mistake, please PM me.

Spoiler
    Show

(Dream & Matthew by kpenguin)

(Sharlaq by Soterion)

Check our Worldbuilding Project and Worldbuilding Project's Language Thread.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, you got it exactly! (Thoughtspeech? )
    Maybe...

So, for example: person A is thinking about time and does it in shapes; person B thinks in sounds; would person B receive the thought in shape or sound? Maybe we could say that the feeling is passed instead of exact thoughts. What do you think?
    That is the problem. He connects and correlates thoughts with shapes, but receives a thought that is connected and correlated via sound. His mind would have no way of connecting those thoughts, which is why you would have to spend years upon years studying. Feeling would be fine, but that brings up its own can of worms. If someone associates different memories, and different ideas to different feelings, the feelings they apply will still be different based on the situation. This actually might be even more restrictive than doing associative thoughtspeech, because you would have to understand a persons feelings and emotions as perfectly as you understand your own, and if you wanted a two way conversation, they would have to understand you perfectly as well, and it would have to be done in a case by case basis; as in, I could learn to read "Charlie's" emotions and feelings, but that would take a huge amount of time, and ready access to Charlie's mind. Or I could learn to read his actual thoughts. Let's say that Charlie associates via... numbers. So when he sees a pattern, or a set of numbers within an experience or an emotion, he associates other feelings or experiences by that same number. In this version, you would have to understand how number associations would work, but after that would only require minimal contact with Charlie in order to understand his associations, since you already know how it works.

No problem.

I love you! <3
    Burk from Neorice's A Path to Greater Good is a good example too, speaking of awesomeness.
    They would care about their people in general, being impulsive/agrssive but also lovable.
    Evil humans, on the other side, would be power thirsty, measuring no efforts or consequences to reach their goals.
    I think that's like maxing usual human traits.
    That was my first reaction. And yes, having a people be "anime" in emotion, but regular people in power adds a whole different level of experience to them, and their culture. Such powerful emotions would be hard to control, and not having the ability to do anything with your life, or even react to your emotions would lead to a lot of frustrations, which could in turn lead to more violence, and more passion altogether.

Even those who stayed home would do things in an awesome way on their daily basis.
    Their lives could be ruled by tropes (Narrativium?), though that could make the world a bit unreal-looking (not sure).
    The trope idea could be interesting. Maybe they have a group of people (political or not) who attempt to "break" the tropes?

Yeah, it would be great if unosarta read it all. You would be helpful there.
    UGH, but it is so much!
    I'll get on it, as soon as I am done posting this.

And there were some guys who said humans were boring!
    Why would someone say that? Because they are magical, and sort of seem similar to everyday humans?

One idea was that the Seakin is much more conservative ("Those mud reptiles trading with humans, hmp! Good times were those when humans were a common appetizer to our people.") and Riverkin accepts changes and news much better (in fact, they did move from the seas, where their relatives had been living for who-knows-how-long time). Diplomacy would be difficult, but they wouldn't fight each other (maybe there are some wars, but not usually).
    That would be interesting. Also, I love the idea of some old Sea Sharlaq waving his cane at the minnows, shouting "You kids get off of my kelp! Kids these days, back in may day, we had to swim 10 miles through the snow just to get a bite to eat!"

So, back on subject, how would Kaminan Humans' language look like? (Just general traits. We're still on Gnomish)
    Hm... Probably some form of VOS, or something like that. It would be interesting if their syllables were (C)V(C). That would give them the ability to have have a word like: "GRAAAAAAA!!!" And still have it have meaning.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

That is the problem. He connects and correlates thoughts with shapes, but receives a thought that is connected and correlated via sound. His mind would have no way of connecting those thoughts, which is why you would have to spend years upon years studying. Feeling would be fine, but that brings up its own can of worms. If someone associates different memories, and different ideas to different feelings, the feelings they apply will still be different based on the situation. This actually might be even more restrictive than doing associative thoughtspeech, because you would have to understand a persons feelings and emotions as perfectly as you understand your own, and if you wanted a two way conversation, they would have to understand you perfectly as well, and it would have to be done in a case by case basis; as in, I could learn to read "Charlie's" emotions and feelings, but that would take a huge amount of time, and ready access to Charlie's mind. Or I could learn to read his actual thoughts. Let's say that Charlie associates via... numbers. So when he sees a pattern, or a set of numbers within an experience or an emotion, he associates other feelings or experiences by that same number. In this version, you would have to understand how number associations would work, but after that would only require minimal contact with Charlie in order to understand his associations, since you already know how it works.
    When I suggested "feelings", I wanted it to be restrictive. But I don't think it would be very useful to usual communication, so "thoughts" might be better.

That was my first reaction. And yes, having a people be "anime" in emotion, but regular people in power adds a whole different level of experience to them, and their culture. Such powerful emotions would be hard to control, and not having the ability to do anything with your life, or even react to your emotions would lead to a lot of frustrations, which could in turn lead to more violence, and more passion altogether.
    That would explain why Humans tend to adventure. They seek for adrenaline, opportunities to show their virtues and/or powers, reasons to have their names written in history, ways to change the world, chances to say badass things, etc.

The trope idea could be interesting. Maybe they have a group of people (political or not) who attempt to "break" the tropes?
    Could be. But we'll discuss this in the proper thread when we get to Humans.
    *adding a link to my last post in case someone doesn't know what Narrativium means*

UGH, but it is so much!
    I'll get on it, as soon as I am done posting this.
    Do it.

Why would someone say that? Because they are magical, and sort of seem similar to everyday humans?
    Maybe the way I said it wasn't precise (you'll see it when you read the Main Thread), but I think it was more as if they wanted something different from most conworlds (humans everywhere). IIRC, in the beginning we had Dwarves with pikes and mermen (humans were not a sure thing) instead of Sharlaq, Humans and Gnomes.

That would be interesting. Also, I love the idea of some old Sea Sharlaq waving his cane at the minnows, shouting "You kids get off of my kelp! Kids these days, back in may day, we had to swim 10 miles through the snow just to get a bite to eat!"
    Hey, I didn't know you've met my grandpa before!
    Disclaimer: No he's not too much like that. And I do like him.

Hm... Probably some form of VOS, or something like that. It would be interesting if their syllables were (C)V(C). That would give them the ability to have have a word like: "GRAAAAAAA!!!" And still have it have meaning.
    LoL

And back to gnomish, we'd need to decide about Gender, Number and those things and then create some words, wouldn't we?
    I'm not an English native speaker. If you find any mistake, please PM me.

Spoiler
    Show

(Dream & Matthew by kpenguin)

(Sharlaq by Soterion)

Check our Worldbuilding Project and Worldbuilding Project's Language Thread.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

When I suggested "feelings", I wanted it to be restrictive. But I don't think it would be very useful to usual communication, so "thoughts" might be better.
    Yeah, it just seemed too restricting. And yeah, as you said, it wouldn't do very well for communication. Although, really, it doesn't do very well anyway, since you have to be a pretty powerful mage in order to accomplish that sort of feat anyway.

That would explain why Humans tend to adventure. They seek for adrenaline, opportunities to show their virtues and/or powers, reasons to have their names written in history, ways to change the world, chances to say badass things, etc.
    Hm, this is good. Especially that "chances to say badass things" bit.

Could be. But we'll discuss this in the proper thread when we get to Humans.
    *adding a link to my last post in case someone doesn't know what Narrativium means*
    Ah, Terry Pratchett. He is an awesome author. I really need to go read Discworld.

Do it.
    I did.
    And I posted in the thread. So, yeah.

Maybe the way I said it wasn't precise (you'll see it when you read the Main Thread), but I think it was more as if they wanted something different from most conworlds (humans everywhere). IIRC, in the beginning we had Dwarves with pikes and mermen (humans were not a sure thing) instead of Sharlaq, Humans and Gnomes.
    What I saw was that people wanted a difference between Gnomes and Humans. And yeah, the changes that the conworld has gone through have been... interesting. But altogether too slow.

Hey, I didn't know you've met my grandpa before!
    Disclaimer: No he's not too much like that. And I do like him.
    That exchange of words pretty much applies to every awesome old guy. I know quite a few.

LoL

And back to gnomish, we'd need to decide about Gender, Number and those things and then create some words, wouldn't we?
    Did you see my idea above? I suggested that for Gnomish we could, instead of conjugating verbs, conjugate the particles that affect them. It is just an idea.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Wouldnt shalaq have many words for water similar to how eskimos have many different words for snow?
    Proud Dorf of the Durkon Fanclub
    When in doubt, magma.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Urist McDwarf View Post
    Wouldnt shalaq have many words for water similar to how eskimos have many different words for snow?
    That's a bit untrue.

Ya see, there's no single Inuit language. There's a whole bunch of languages that tribes all over the territories speak.

Second, the hundreds of words part is a bit misleading. See, since the Inuit languages are polysynthetic (that is, a single word is a sentence), there are basically an infinite amount of combinations, so technically there's an infinite amount of words.

Third, Sharlaqspeech is an agglutinative language, so it wouldn't have as many.

Finally, it's Sharlaq.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140

DwarfFighterGuy

That's a bit untrue.

Ya see, there's no single Inuit language. There's a whole bunch of languages that tribes all over the territories speak.

Second, the hundreds of words part is a bit misleading. See, since the Inuit languages are polysynthetic (that is, a single word is a sentence), there are basically an infinite amount of combinations, so technically there's an infinite amount of words.

Third, Sharlaqspeech is an agglutinative language, so it wouldn't have as many.

Finally, it's Sharlaq.
    Oh, o0kay. I just thought that they would have many words for water of varying depth, temperature, ect.
    When in doubt, magma.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, sorta. Like I said, North Riversharlaq is an Agglutinative language, so, for example, tilljiqq, 'big water' could be considered a word all it's own.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Bugbear in the Playground

Whoa... This has moved so fast. I'm off to bed now, but tomorrow I'll try to post something more.
    The abilities of the Force: Control, Alter, Delete.
    Zombie Apocalypse if and only if Cake.
    My Little Dashie made me cry.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

23. - Top - End - #143

DwarfFighterGuy

Oh, sorta. Like I said, North Riversharlaq is an Agglutinative language, so, for example, tilljiqq, 'big water' could be considered a word all it's own.
    Oh okay that makes sense.
    When in doubt, magma.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ref View Post
    Whoa... This has moved so fast. I'm off to bed now, but tomorrow I'll try to post something more.
    We'll be waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Urist McDwarf View Post
    Oh okay that makes sense.
    That's good, because that means I'm getting better at explaining things.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

We 'll be are waiting!
    Fix'ed for you.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Meh, it's basically a grammar construction now. If you feel the need to fix that, do so with a lot of other idiosyncratic speech contructs.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Meh, it's basically a grammar construction now. If you feel the need to fix that, do so with a lot of other idiosyncratic speech contructs.
    I only know so much about linguistics, and Wikipedia isn't helping me at all.

Explain?

Wikipedia?! Why have you failed me in such a manner?!

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

I only know so much about linguistics, and Wikipedia isn't helping me at all.

Explain?

Wikipedia?! Why have you failed me in such a manner?!
    As time goes on, people will make little phrases and such that are probably not gramatically correct, but they have their own meaning.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

As time goes on, people will make little phrases and such that are probably not gramatically correct, but they have their own meaning.
    Ah, OK. You are the new wikipedia god!

Worship the Wikipedia god! Information for his information throne!

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

So I'm Tzeentch now, eh? Fun.

But anyway, I think I'll do some quick work on the Wiki page for the Sharlaq language after I'm done the write-up in the other thread.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show