New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 4

Now, see, capturing shinigami is not a method of obfuscation. It leaves too many loose ends, even if you try to cover it up with a Hollow attack in their general vicinity to try and explain their "sudden disappearance".

Barring extraordinary circumstance, SWORD will not capture Shinigami, even if they Know Too Much. They'd be more inclined to a coverup.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-04-28 at 12:26 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtiming for bed...
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Andante Enferme, Rogue Arrancar Mercenary
    Spoiler
    Show
    Speech, Reiatsu and Cero Colour: #331111
    Aspect of Death: Disease

Physical Description
    Andante cuts a tall figure, leanly muscled with a build that suggest frequent exercise. The right hand side of his face is covered with his mask fragment, featureless save for four circular eye openings with small dull red orbs nestling within them. His left iris is coloured the same dull red. His hair is longish, black and slicked back out of his face. He wears a Las Noches Arrancar uniform, ragged and torn with age, the jacket slashed open down the front, revealing his Hollow hole, located to left and below his heart. On the right side of his chest is a circular burn scar roughly two inches across.

Personality
    Andante is driven by his Aspect of Death. He moves to a new group, uses and is used by them, and moves on. His presence typically makes a group worse off, but once he leaves, they will often find themselves stronger than ever. He constantly tests others near him, distracting and undermining them mentally, socially, and sometimes physically. Those so targeted either learn to deal with it, becoming better at their tasks, or don't, and constantly fail whilst so targeted.

Outside of this, Andante is serious and focused, not taking kindly to anything interrupting his own activities.

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    A long time ago, before the war between Seireitei and Las Noches began in earnest, Andante served as the Primera Espada. However, his unique personality was deemed troublesome, and after one too many acts the Ghost King deemed treasonous, Andante was 're-educated'. Yet his driving personality quirk resurfaced within a short period of time. Several times the Ghost King 're-educated' Andante, but each time the personality quirk returned.

Eventually, Andante was deemed more trouble than he was worth. Von Geister sealed roughly 80% of the Arrancar's power, told him the means to undo it, then wiped his mind one last time before throwing him loose into the Mortal World.

Andante Enferme is an Arrancar Soul Society has known of for a long time, but they are still unsure of what to make of him. Quite simply, he is for hire.

Anyone that can pay his fees, can procure his capable services. He tends to produce the best results when working on his own, but employers often find those he works alongside either coming out more skilled than they went in. More often, they simply come back drained and stressed.

Abilities

Combat Abilities: Andante's technical swordsmanship is excellent, and his strength, speed and sonido are at least on par with a Vice-Captain's. His skill with cero and bala are just as competent. His hierro is noticeable against equally powerful opponents, and even against more powerful ones.

Viral Regeneration: Andante possesses the ability to regrow lost limbs and organs, but not at combat-notable speeds. His rate of healing is standard for a spiritual being, but increases when he 'uses' someone whilst healing, typically by abusing hospitality or free-loading on a host. However, this only improves his regeneration to the point where it knocks days or weeks off recovery times.

Zanpakutou: Dolencia Negro (Black Disease)
    Whilst sealed, Dolencia Negro takes the shape of a katana, the hilt bound in black cloth.

Resurrección: Saquear, Dolencia Negra - Ravage, Black Disease

Resurrección Appearance: Strange tendrils, predominantly black but with some strands the colour of his reiatsu, sprout from the guard of Andante's sword. The tendrils spread over the entirety of his body, where they form into a second skin that essentially grafts the sword into Andante's fist. Plates of dull silver then grow from the second skin, forming an elaborate suit of armour and lengthening the blade of Andante's sword to roughly equal to that of a nodachi, and the fingers of his left hand extend into short blades. His left forearm and elbow sweep back into a large, crescent blade.
    Spoiler
    Show

Resurrección Abilities

Cero Pestilento - Pestilential Zero: This cero variant functions at half the strength of Andante's usual ceros, but also infects the target with a virus that attacks their hakusui, slowly temporarily draining the opponent's reiryoku over time until the virus is healed. The virus can drain most spiritually unaware mortals within seconds, but entities with even a modicum of spiritual power will take several hours to be drained utterly. Bodily fluid to bodily fluid contact can transfer the virus to another victim.

Hoja Pestilenta - Pestilential Blade: The edge of Andante's sword in Resurrección carries a permutation of the influenza virus. Each release creates a completely new mutation of the disease never before seen, with no natural immunities currently available. Those wounded by Andante's sword will feel the first symptoms of the disease within a few seconds, but the virus progresses at its normal rate thereafter.
    Reposting because I want to make sure there are no objections at all.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Yes, but that's already more complicated than 'glass box'.

Besides, same problem: how are you going to do it?
    "You construct a padded cell from the same 'holy' silver compound that Quincy have used to construct their tools. Build reflective arrays into the walls to prevent excess reiryoku from being detected outside of the cell with numerous Dials to siphon away the prisoner's energy to the point of near helplessness when one needs to enter the cell. For experimentation, gas the room with vents concealed behind the pads, wait for a minimum time of twenty minutes to ensure the target is properly incapacitated. Never enter the cells without either four agents or two Agents of numbers 09 through 01. Take all precautions in binding the target's arms and legs to silver table embedded with dials. Ensure Dials are on at all times to keep the subject helpless. Transport under armed guard to the designated testing areas for especially dangerous subjects. Keep several weapons trained on them, exterminate with prejudice if they demonstrate unusual capacity of resistance or attempt to escape. Kill shots authorized. Finally, make sure your tools are clean. Don't want them getting sick."
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-04-28 at 12:32 AM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

Callos has it.

Alas, I must deadtime for I am tired, and would not want to wake up with a discussion post stuck in my mind.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

I haven't finished filling out the bankai, but here's the current version of Koujin...How's he look?

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay. I was being silly then, anyway.

So, what else to discuss?

...me, I just want to get this game started. Sounds more fun than the current one is for me at the moment already.

I advise we do approve/disapprove Captains now, though.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-04-28 at 01:40 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

I've decided I'm going to write my 2nd and 10th Division write-ups for Taiki after it's decided he's not 3rd Division Captain.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Okay. I was being silly then, anyway.

So, what else to discuss?

...me, I just want to get this game started. Sounds more fun than the current one is for me at the moment already.

I advise we do approve/disapprove Captains now, though.
    Not to mention, quite honestly, the current game is kind of... well, it's moving way faster than it was, yeah, but a turtle's crawl is only so much better than a snail's.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the relatively slow pace of it compared to ACRO works well for me- except it's moving too slow. I don't think 'entire conversations in a day' will work for me, but yes. We need to move it faster.

If it doesn't finish a lot sooner than it seems it shall, I'm not sure it will finish.

Also, it seems to me that this RP has the potential to be a lot more open-ended than the Shinigami vs. Espada one.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-04-28 at 01:49 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

I can't speak for others, but I'm cool to start this game.

(Mostly because I have two characters involved in the other game, one of whom isn't actually involved in the situation because she can't be, and the other whose in the middle of a fight with your character, horngeek. PS, we should finish that fight so I can get him killed like he's supposed to be.)

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Simarly, I'd be fine with starting this game parallel to finishing off the old one.

We just need to have Captains selected first.

I'd actually start off with the Mortal World, though.

{{Yeah. Who's post is it there?}}
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-04-28 at 01:52 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Up to the Central 3-5 to do that one. Yes, I am going to call them that until we decide.

(Think it's yours. Mordolo's trying to do tricky things again.)

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

I think we settled on 5.

But they do need to make the decisions.

{{Okay. I'll find the post...}}

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Barbarian in the Playground

I said it before, and I'll say it again. We'll make our decisions once the characters are finalized. Also, having a consolidated list of all the Captains and their respective Division write-ups would be immensely appreciated by anyone willing to put forth the time.

Also, also, weren't we going to wait to see if there were any more Captain candidates coming? I'm excited for this game too, but I'd rather not rush into things.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

I too would love to start soon but I agree we don't want to rush things either. By the way tgva8889 this song I listened to today reminds me of Kina. If you're interested in the lyrics, here they are roughly.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

We're up to our fouth setup thread. By this time... well, the Quincy (which arguably are the faction that needed the most deciding of stuff) have had their abilities and past defined.

What else needs to be discussed? Seriously, point stuff out for us to discuss.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Gotei divisions and their tasks:
    1) Administrative.
    2) Ninjas.
    3) Execution?
    4) Healing+Hospitality.
    5) Messengers.
    6) Reinforcements.
    7) Logistics.
    8) Tactical planning
    9) Recon.
    10) Internal Police.
    11) Fight.
    12) Science.
    13) Patrol.
    I don't know if this will seem pretentious, rude, stupid or whatever, but I'd just like to chime in on a few of these.

2) I'd say they are more recon than 9. Half their jobs are to scout enemies and/or kill them. "Recon and Assassination" would be closer, I guess. "Ninja" is too broad a term--even if they dress like ninja. I could be completely wrong however since I haven't read the whole manga series. I can say that they suck at silent assassinations (as do all Naruto characters).

3) I don't see anything wrong here... due to lack of any evidence from the manga and show. Maybe "Capital Punishment" instead? There's no real difference.

4) "Medicine" is general enough, and summarises everything that they do (I think).

5) "Diplomacy" sounds much better. Otherwise they're no better than the butterflies.

7) I don't get why this squad is logistics. I haven't read the whole manga, so I'm probably missing some detail that justifies this. I do wonder if "Agriculture" would fit them better...

9) Recon usually involves them going out themselves, but they don't. They have other's do this for them. For this reason, I'd suggest "Logistics" be applied to this squad because information from every squad goes through them to reach everyone else. So... "Internal Affairs"?

10) "Head of Investigations"?

11) "War" sounds better than "Fight" even if they're basically a sanctioned Fight Club.

13) I don't get it... Do they organise each patrol? This is terribly vague. I'm not against it, but... Maybe they should be head of spirit world investigations while tenth is in charge of the mortal world investigations. Or the other way around? I'm drawing a blank with this squad and their job.

14) Oooooeeeeeooooo

And I'm debating whether or not I should reenter this game (or enter, since it's a new Bleach itP). HG, you remember my old entry, right? I'll probably use that old thing, but update it so it's better. Now... to apply for 3rd or 13th Captain...

19. - Top - End - #169

Well, here's something:

I'm debating about where the Enclave is going to be starting out in this game. We can either say that they don't exist yet, are brought into this time period when the game starts and begin their adventure as such. Or that they have existed in Phoenix Town for a couple months already and are beginning to adjust and have even managed to find a makeshift "hideout" for themselves to use as a base of operations.

I'm leaning toward having them already semi-established in the city, otherwise they could very well get easily bogged down with details of them "setting up" that really aren't that interesting in my opinion. Of course, then we miss out on some of the more amusing "wtf" moments that they would have upon their arrival.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

Slightly vaguer this time, but, that's the only way I can think of to go. Otherwise, not much change. XD

S.W.O.R.D.: Spiritual World Organization of Reintegration and Defense
    Spoiler
    Show
    S.W.O.R.D. has been a driving force in the background of the "spiritual world" (that being, the general activity of spiritual activity, mostly in the mortal world). To the various Organizations of Soul Reapers (the Gotei 13, the ARC, the Fae(?)), they are little but shadows, attempting to recollect the lives of those affected negatively by massive spiritual events. In this way, they have evaded their judgment...

...However, underneath the facade of helpful synergy is that of a cold, ambitious organization whose goals reach to the literal heavens: They wish to make the Mortal World self-sufficient. To this end, they have performed assassinations, abductions, and to the knowledge of few, experiments that would make some of the 12th division cringe. While some agents try to take caution with Mortals, they share little such compassion with Soul Reapers, usually seeing them as obstacles; and obstacles are meant to be overcome.

Possible Member Types (In order of likely majority)
    • Plain-Jane Spiritually Aware Mortals
    • Quincy
    • Living Vizards/Arrancar
    • Bount
    • Unclassified (Mortal) Anomalies (Ex: Orihime Inoue)

Ranking/Numbers
    The ranking of S.W.O.R.D. is fairly simplistic, and in a way, mimics the order structure of the Espada/Numeros of Las Noches. The top 10 agents are highly classified, high-clearance individuals; they are given fake identities from time to time, to refresh their state of anonymity. From 11 on, the ranks stabilize, a number basically indicating the longevity of the agent's career in the organization.
    Unlike most other spiritual organizations, however, higher numbers aren't necessarily given by being the strongest; it takes a combination of skill, success in operations, and leadership ability.
    There are around 150 non-agents within the SWORD faction; this facilitates a number of scientists, and record-keepers, as well as the "face" employees who work in the confines of their cover op, and put on a good face for the Shinigami and others who may scrutinize their activities.

History
    The SWORD organization was established around 70 years ago by an unknown individual. At first, his/her goals seemed innocent enough; s/he gathered various beings of spiritual power, gathered support from several high-class nations (and probably a small amount of support from the Quincy families), and established an organization that would, as a start, make a way for families caught in the crossfire and affected by the aftermath of the never-ending war between Shinigami and Hollow to live on, and cope. Over time, this concept evolved, and Agent 00 became more ambitious in his/her goals. Only the top agents (01-10) have had even a glimpse of the full operations Agent 00 has gone through to reach the goals of the Organization...

As the identity of Agent 00 has always been a secret, it's anyone's guess whether it has always been the same person, or changes over time.

[Basically, you have to join to know anything more than that. ]

Technology:
    As a fair number of agents are normal Spiritually Aware Mortals, steps have been taken to create technology to essentially even them out with the rest of the "spiritual world".

Tools: (For lack of a better name) These function by absorbing ambient Reishi much in a way a Quincy does for their arrows, to duplicate the effects of various basic abilities those with innate spiritual talent possess, such as Shinigami's Hoho (flash step, shunpo)

Weapons: Weapons made by SWORD are created to combat the spiritual: In this manner, they absorb small bits of the targets reiatsu to reinforce the attack power of the weapon. The stronger an opponent, the stronger the attack power of the weapon, to a point.

Dials: Spirit Dials are moderately small disks that absorb various kinds of energy, be it spiritual or not. Some dials can absorb the reiatsu of opponents, granting strength/speed/endurance boosts just as a Shinigami or other spiritual being would.

Other Possible Tech:
    • Prototype Power Armor
    • Neuralizers/Laser-Guided Amnesia
    • Others...?

It may be slightly easier for people to comment with something more up-to-date. Have at it.

On Starting: On one hand, no, we shouldn't rush it.

On the other, we also should, to a point, realize that we also kind of set a soft deadline at (I believe it was) the end of May, and things moved off slow, then spiked, and are now plummeting again. The longer we take on the old game, the longer this takes to get established, the longer other people who don't have a say in the other game have to wait, the higher a chance people will leave...

It's a hard decision to make, and I realize I'm kind of biased because I'm stuck waiting on a few people, which is more than a bit frustrating... but it also looks as if things elsewhere are also kind of losing momentum. I dunno about everyone else, but, if this keeps up for a couple more weeks, I think I'm going to opt for pulling the plug.

Just my two cp, though.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

13th basically is the division that handles sending Shinigami to the mortal world for regular patrol.

I... don't remember the old entry, sorry.

But I agree with the Strawberry: Unless things pick up in the origonal BleachitP, we're going to have to pull the plug, or risk losing both RPs.

On the Enclave: I'd vote for them just arriving, actually.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-04-28 at 02:14 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

4 isn't just medecine. They are just general support. They take care of Logistics, Janitorial Services, and a lot of the small jobs around the Soul Society. There are more members of the 4th then there are of any other division. They are everywhere, doing the jobs that the other divisions think are beneath them.

However, healing is their most prestigious function. All of their seated probably have some form of healing ability, unless they transferred into the 4th especially so they could rise in the ranks and get a shot at the Vice Captain or Captainship.

The 4th makes sure the Gotei 13 runs smoothly.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Really, that list is just guidelines. 3rd under Taiki would be the Prison Division, basically in control of anyone who has received judgment by the Central 46 (I.E., anyone who was convicted and sent to jail/exiled/scheduled to be executed).

Edit: I just thought of this. Do we have a bunch of possible plots ready to go for the game? Mostly looking at the Enclave, SWORD, and the Samsara here, as the Quincy are less an affiliation and more a race and Sereitei is gonna be involved with everything. I thought we were keeping Hueco Mundo out for the time being, but there might be other arcs.

Edit 2:
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    By the way tgva8889 this song I listened to today reminds me of Kina. If you're interested in the lyrics, here they are roughly.
    I dunno how well it fits Kina, I think I'll have to listen to it a few more times. For a musical theme, I liked the others. I think if I were to pick a song for Kina, I could find one of those among any sort of music, sort of how Tite Kubo did his character themes.

Edit 3: In looking up to make sure that I was right about Tite Kubo's themes, I realized that Ichigo is 16. This, to me, sounds like insanity, but I suppose it must be true for him to still be "in school" during this point in the plot. Should we consider age-dropping so that our characters shouldn't be going to college during the next plotline?
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-04-28 at 02:26 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    I dunno about everyone else, but, if this keeps up for a couple more weeks, I think I'm going to opt for pulling the plug.
    But I agree with the Strawberry: Unless things pick up in the origonal BleachitP, we're going to have to pull the plug, or risk losing both RPs.
    wat?

I mean, I understand the impatience of waiting, but we're not that far, guys. OverWilliam's little plot has put more life into the game in the past three days than we've had in the past three months. Imagine what things will be like once we actually get everyone involved with the Hueco Mundo invasion and the battles in Soul Society. We can't just give up, especially not now.

Also, I provided a bit of a plot outline some time ago for us to follow, but nobody seems to be taking any initiative in that sector or offering anything to add. Soul Society needs to learn about Toho's pending attack and start preparing, but I have no characters in place to offer that kind of information. Someone else has to step up to the plate, people. Things are only stagnating because we're letting them. Please try not to let this game overshadow the current one.

Anyway, sorry to drag off-topic. This is a thread for the new RPG, not the old. EDIT: But you have to admit that more people read this than the old game's OOC.
    Last edited by Zarah; 2010-04-28 at 02:30 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Really, that list is just guidelines. 3rd under Taiki would be the Prison Division, basically in control of anyone who has received judgment by the Central 46 (I.E., anyone who was convicted and sent to jail/exiled/scheduled to be executed).

Edit: I just thought of this. Do we have a bunch of possible plots ready to go for the game? Mostly looking at the Enclave, SWORD, and the Samsara here, as the Quincy are less an affiliation and more a race and Sereitei is gonna be involved with everything. I thought we were keeping Hueco Mundo out for the time being, but there might be other arcs.

Edit 2:

I dunno how well it fits Kina, I think I'll have to listen to it a few more times. For a musical theme, I liked the others. I think if I were to pick a song for Kina, I could find one of those among any sort of music, sort of how Tite Kubo did his character themes.

Edit 3: In looking up to make sure that I was right about Tite Kubo's themes, I realized that Ichigo is 16. This, to me, sounds like insanity, but I suppose it must be true for him to still be "in school" during this point in the plot. Should we consider age-dropping so that our characters shouldn't be going to college during the next plotline?
    1: I don't know if I would call them plots yet, but yeah, we do have a number of Arcs ready to go in the wings. Samsara, and SWORD are expressly aimed at the Mortal World kids. The Enclave seems more like a foe for the Arrancar to deal with, and a... problem for the Shinigami to mull over.

3: Aki's 16. If you leave Kina at 17, I may bump Aki up to 17, but I agree with the idea that it would be better to drop them down a grade. Especially because you don't want your characters to have to choose between saving the World, and getting into College.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Kina needed to be 17 for Izumi and Ken development, I'll probably drop her down if we agree to bring most of the mortal kids to at least 16.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Kina needed to be 17 for Izumi and Ken development, I'll probably drop her down if we agree to bring most of the mortal kids to at least 16.
    Yep. I think bringing them down is generally a good idea, but if you leave Kina up, I can move Aki up a year without to much trouble.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

@Zarah: I'm not saying we should pull it right away. I am saying, if it keeps slowly trudging along we should really consider doing something. My opinion is that we should pull the plug and move on to the new RP, which I realize isn't exactly ideal for many, or an easy thing to do.

@Ages: Valeria was always meant to be a little older, but her being in High School now makes it more likely for her to make friends with the others, even if she graduates before them.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-04-28 at 02:39 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Eirene Klossner is now up on the wiki. Comments? Questions? Pudding?
    She's not in the registry. Fix it -_o

---

Okay, here's my slightly improved version of the Hollow Life; again, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Spoiler
    Show
    Life Cycle of Hollows.

Canny Hollows:
    these are beings like Grand Fisher and Shrieker - normal Hollows that stay behind in Mortal World much longer than usual. Why? Either they still have unfinished business... or they were already crooked in life.

My reasoning is as follows: when a good Plus turns into a Hollow, it seeks to destroy its loved ones like any other Hollow. However, the mind of the good souls can't hold together once they're done with that. They lack killer's instinct, and might even feel guilt for breaking what was once dear to them in life. This is why they seek oblivion.

Evil souls, on the other hand, gain much more pleasure from tormenting living beings. Even after they've killed those they had a personal beef with, they stay in Mortal World, because their bestial desires won't let them leave. In a way, they still have something to do that defines them and stops them from losing their inviduality, even if it's only "kill all things":

Menos Grande Gillians: When a soul becomes Hollow, the first thing it does is destroy all things it held dear in mortal life. In most cases, having lost their purpose and consumed by their own loneliness, Hollows wander into Hueco Muendo, where they instinctively seek out other souls who died in the same way. Seeking embrace of sweet oblivion, they engage in cannibalistic orgy and fuse into Menos Grande Gillian. Fusion of souls is permanent; once eaten by a Gillian, a soul cannot be separated again.

Menos Grande Gillian's have no identity, only scattered fragments of negative memories and emotions. When such a Gillian is purified, its soul passes into Soul Society as essentially blank slate. However, due to originally being gestalt of multiple entities, such soul has much vaster Reiryoku than normal and is more likely to fragment into Zanpakuto spirit and Inner Hollow. Thus, a purified Menos Grande Gillian is very likely to become a shinigami.

Adjuchas and Vasto Lordes: As noted, Menos Grande Gillians are gestalt formed from people who died in the same way. Adjuchas happens when the amount of souls reaches a critical mass, causing a new personality to bloom from the fragmented memories. This being is effectively personification of its "cause of death". However, Adjuchas aren't stable, and must keep absorbing other Hollows who died the same way to increase in power. Should they fail to absorb other Hollows, starvation will make them regress, reducing them back to mindless beasts. Once Adjuchas has eaten enough souls, it evolves into a Vasto Lorde. However, this requires that they beat all of their challengers, letting none who manage to eat a bit of them to get away.

So, why can't Adjuchas who gets a bit of itself eaten become a Vasto Lorde? It's because losing to another Hollow means there's another being with same Aspect of Death who is more powerful. A Vasto Lorde is a Menos who has absorbed or proven itself to be stronger than all other Hollows with the same aspect of death. They are, effectively, anthropomorphic personifications of their Aspect of Death, and rule supreme over lost souls who died that way. As long as they remain undefeated, they are stable; if a Vasto Lorde does lose, it begins to regress like Adjuchas until it can destroy the Hollow that defeated it.

Arrancars: A Hollow can become an Arrancar in any point of its life, as long as it has a personality at the time. An Arrancar is a Hollow who learns to define itself by way other than its Aspect of Death, thus rising above its bestial instincts.

All Arrancars are stable. While an Arrancar can keep eating souls to increase in power, it no longer fuses new souls with the core of its person - the nommed soul only loses its reiryoku. A soul eaten by Arrancar is usually reborn as a new Hollow. In any case, eating Pluses or other Hollows is pretty much voluntary for an Arrancar - they mostly do so because there is no other food in Hueco Muendo. Because of this, Arrancars can't be held as inherently worse than humans or Shinigami.

Menos and Purification: Shinigami who don't remember their lives were Menos who got purified. As the identity of a Menos is effectively a new entity and is only born after death, Konso unfortunately wipes that all away. For purposes of Redemption, a soul which has gone through Oblivion of the Gillian phase is exempt from Hell's punishment. They become Shinigami because of huge amount of Reiryoku they accumulated as a Hollow.

Resurreccion and Segunda Etapa: Resurreccion is an Arrancars ability to retake its form as a Hollow, and consequently as the manifestation of its aspect. The power of an Arrancars resurreccion is in part directly proportional to how much the Arrancar's behaviour reflects its Aspect.

While achieving Segunda Etapa is only typical for Vasto Lordes who already rule over their Aspect, theoretically any Arrancar can achieve it through meticulous training and self realization.

Since soul fusion bugs some people and is (possibly) a deviance from canon, I suggest we vote whether we go with this version: Yes or No.

---

About Captaincies:
    Calling Central 3 members to vote on the matter. All aspirants are humbly requested to present their division write-ups so they ca be linked to the list. List of Captain Aspirants and their divisions is as follows:

1st Division
    Commander-General: Tsukada Ryouichi

2nd Division
    Captain aspirants: Yuuki Miyagawa, (Takashi Taiki)

3rd Division
    Captain aspirants: Takashi Taiki, Sakura

4th Division
    Captain aspirants: Norenno Udeoshi

5th Division
    Captain aspirants:Ryuunosuke Osamu, Akira Izumito

6th Division or 7th Division
    Captain aspirants: (Akira Izumito)

8th Division
    Captain aspirants: Nakamaru Masaru, Suroshi Nagashi

10th Division
    Captain aspirants: (Takashi Taiki)

12th Division
    Captain aspirants: Ryou Kazuo, Katisugo Ichimyouri

13th Division
    Captain aspirants: Hayashi Natsuko

Kido Corps
    Commander aspirant: Kitano Takeshi

---

In the case of the Central 3 indeed being Central 5, here are my thoughts on the matter.

For Tsukada Ryouchi as Commander General, I vote Yes.

For 2nd Division and Omnitsukido Captain, I wote Yuuki Miyagawa, and request Moon-Wolf to supply a division write-up ASAP.

For 3rd Division Captain, I vote Takashi Taiki. Subsequently, I suggest Sakura be designated to Vice Captain position within the same Division, if the new captain agrees. I also suggest Akira Izumito to be designated to a Seated Officer or NPC instead of a captain.

For 4th Division Captain, I vote Norenno Udeoshi. Not too much choice there, is it?

For 5th Division Captain, I vote Ryuunosuke Osamu.

For 8th Division Captain, I vote Nakamaru Masaru. Subsequently, I suggest Suroshi Nagashi be designated to Vice Captain position within the same Division, if the new captain agrees.

For 12th Division Captain, I vote Ryou Kazuo. Subsequently, I suggest Katisugo Ichimyouri be designated to Vice Captain position within the same Division, if the new captain agrees.

For 13th Division Captain, I vote Hayashi Natsuko. I think horngeek can handle it.

For Kido Commander, I vote Kitano Takeshi. Because Commander Druglord is just awesome.

Following Divisions would remain without a PC captain until further notice: 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th and 11th.

---

For starting this game, I suggest it we begin at 9th of May.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

*Looks at thread*

*blinks*

Okay, I'm not reading all that. I'll be in the other OOC, call if you need me.

EDIT: I vote for fusion. It was previously suggested that only Adjuchas have fused souls - what about "only Gillians with a unique mask"?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-04-28 at 07:36 AM.