New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Deth Muncher's Destructive and Meandering Random Banter #141

Excuse me, but a parme what?
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amiel View Post
    Also, I am attempting to combat the cold by tucking into a nice home-cooked chicken parmegiana.
    Work must have fried my brain today, becasue as I read that I got a mental picture of someone tucking himself into a chicken parmegiana and wondering how big that chicken parmegiana must be to accomodate a human being...

I need to get out of here.. Only an hour and a half left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    You sends to America. Yis? Yis.
    Can't talk (type); eating
    Amazon should seriously stock up on food and food-related items; they'll fly off the shelves like hot cakes (or related food metaphor/simile).
    Sends to you; dunno if it'd hit a bird across the way though, this may delay arrival somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    It's spelt parmegiana in Australia, but parmigiana elsewhere in the world
    Here are some mouth-watering pictures

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Work must have fried my brain today, becasue as I read that I got a mental picture of someone tucking himself into a chicken parmegiana and wondering how big that chicken parmegiana must be to accomodate a human being...

I need to get out of here.. Only an hour and a half left.
    It's Parmegiana Man! Here to save the day by taking down criminals in a parmegiana costume; it's apparently all the rage.

Would it have been clearer if I used the word 'devouring'?

Enjoy your day at work, KuReshtin, or however you are able to. Hopefully you can relax in the comfort of your own home very soon.
    Last edited by Amiel; 2010-05-11 at 09:53 AM.
    To see the world in a grain of sand
    and Heaven in a wild flower
    To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    and eternity in an hour.

- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

4. - Top - End - #484
    Troll in the Playground

It's Parmegiana Man! Here to save the day by taking down criminals in a parmegiana costume; it's apparently all the rage.

Would it have been clearer if I used the word 'devouring'?

Enjoy your day at work, KuReshtin, or however you are able to. Hopefully you can relax in the comfort of your own home very soon.
    It probably only took me an extra read of the sentence to get the point you were making, so it wasn't as it was difficult to understand.
    It just caused me to get that image of Parmegiana-Man in my head. Or rather, it was more an image of someone tucking himself in using the chicken parmegiana as a sort of sleeping bag, and it being warm and cozy since it was just freshly made and then......

Actually, I probably should stop thinking about it, because it just gets weirder and weirder the more I think about it.

Time for home in less than an hour now. I think that there's a very high risk that I'll be stuck playing MW2 for the rest of the evening.
    Last edited by KuReshtin; 2010-05-11 at 10:07 AM.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground

Can't talk (type); eating

Death will come swiftly to you. OH WAIT, you're in Australia, I can't be any more deadly than something you could see outside your window anyway, ell-oh-ell. /overusedtropethatmakesSerpburnwithrage
    Last edited by Deth Muncher; 2010-05-11 at 10:12 AM.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

If what he is eating was an australian chicken then he is eating something that once was much more dangerous than any of us with a rocket launcher.
    (and probably more dangerous than all of us with a rocket launcher)
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

7. - Top - End - #487
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

*cough* It's known as parmigiana in Australia too. Parmegiana is just a misspelling, and not one I've seen in any published works.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

8. - Top - End - #488
    Firbolg in the Playground

Arghlebleearghtiyu.
    I am my own worst enemy.
    Despite having an essay due at half three, I hadn't even begun it by two o'clock. Luckily, as this week was my 'switch-from-Thursday-to-Wednesday-class' week I was able to email it in at five apologising for lateness.
    Also, the essay was tricky to start, but fun once I got going; doubt I did very well at all though.
    Even so, 'twas fun listening to the various English dialects from over the world, and specifically England. For anyone who's interested England Thirty-one and all the North Devonshire speakers (listed under South-West) have a very close approximation to how I often speak at home. Just not as thick an accent as that.
    Lor' I miss that accent up here; I feel all nostalgic now I've listened to it for most of a day. Oh, I do miss 'drekly'.
    Complete misnomer of course; it doesn't mean 'directly' at all. Extremely loosely drekly means 'soon', but more accurately 'when I've finished what I'm doing what I do now'.
    See why I love that word? It's so very vague, and yet so specific at the same time.
    :smallnostalgicsmile:
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-05-11 at 12:08 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

9. - Top - End - #489

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Even so, 'twas fun listening to the various English dialects from over the world, and specifically England.
    Hmm. Interesting. I'm probably closest to one of the London ones - not cockney though. Surprisingly difficult to judge my own accent. The northeast ones are all more geordie than most people I know.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

Holy crap! I hope I don't have an accent like the subjects in the Swedish examples.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Bugbear in the Playground

I haven't found one quite like mine yet. I'm an RP speaker, by the way.

12. - Top - End - #492

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Hmm. Interesting. I'm probably closest to one of the London ones - not cockney though. Surprisingly difficult to judge my own accent. The northeast ones are all more geordie than most people I know.
    You mean a kind of 'non-accent'? I think it's mostly because of TV and radio. That or maybe the north-eastern smaples aren't as extensive as they could be.

Also, I know your avvie is one of those letter-type Psychic Pokemon from the thir movie, but I can't remember their name. This niggles away at me something awful.

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Holy crap! I hope I don't have an accent like the subjects in the Swedish examples.
    Sincerely doubt it. You've been living in Scotland for X years, so your Swedish accent should be lesser now, and maybe you'll have acquired a Scottish lilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty-Eyed Fred View Post
    I haven't found one quite like mine yet. I'm an RP speaker, by the way.
    England Thirty-Nine; born and raised in the Home COunties, spent a wee time abroad in AMericaland, did some touring in Scotland and now lives in Bristol. Despite all this is extremely RP.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

13. - Top - End - #493

England Thirty-Nine; born and raised in the Home COunties, spent a wee time abroad in AMericaland, did some touring in Scotland and now lives in Bristol. Despite all this is extremely RP.
    It's close, but I'm a little bit posher than that. I pronounce my ts clearly, for example. It's probably the closest I'll get, though; England One was too upper-crust, and England Two was on a slightly different path. That is, if accents even have paths.

Hmm... in other news, it seems our Prime Minister is resigning over at Buckingham Palace at the moment. About time; the election result was 4 days ago.

14. - Top - End - #494

So, Friday I did something uber-Oxford.
    Went punting on the Cherwell with me mates for three hours. Complete with a picnic basket (read: plastic bag) containing Schloer (faux-wine), cookies and chocolate crispies.
    Natch, this was everyone's first time punting, and seeing all but one of us are girls, Physics Friend was nominated to punt. It . . . did not go well. Aside from his joshing he tried to row. With the giant punting stick thing. I was very wet quite quickly.
    Then Math Friend had a go. And all was well. Until she got the pole stuck in the mud and the punt sailed on a good six or ten yards before we managed to row backwards and get it.
    Oh, and shortly after that we kind of punted into a really low hanging tree. And one of it's branches got caught up behind the backboard for the first set of seats.
    Being whipped by an angry and resilient tree branch is very painful. Right across the wrist and hand. The cut on the wrist actually bled some for a good hour on and off. Still hasn't properly healed and is only very mildly infected. It's actually impressively gross looking. It's not all that thick, about 3mm or so and maybe an inch long, but it also:
    1) looks like a mouth of bared fangs and
    2) looks like it's got 'stitches' sealing the mouth partially shut.
    Plus it's all red and angry looking. Only downside is that now it's starting to itch proper fierce and I'm resisting as well as I can, but well, she cannae take much moar captain.

Aside from being strangely proud of my injury I also learnt how to row in less than two hours; I am very pleased with that as I'd never even comtemplated any such thing beforehand. Y'know, what with me being irrationally scared of any water vehicle that moves at less than eight miles an hour. And actually terrified of kyaking and canoeing in general.
    It were 'mazing fun, especially when we got out the plastic wine goblets, poured our 'wine' and just floated breezily down the river toasting walkers and such. So. Oxford.
    It were full o' mishaps and whatnot, but great fun. I was second wettest after Math Friend (punting is a surprisingly wet activity for newbies) and most injured. Typical really. And I'm (hopefully) going out again on Friday with Biology Friend's parents. That's if they can make it over from Europe.
    Apparently there's another 'ash cloud' gumming up the works again.

EDIT:
    I also note the recap of interesting things-that-happened-when-I-wasn't-here post comes after the 'this is really interesting (at least for me) post', but hey.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-05-11 at 02:30 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

15. - Top - End - #495
    Troll in the Playground

I sure hope that the new ash cloud doesn't muck things up for me as I'm heading down to Cornwall this weekend.
    I don't know if AirSouthwest uses turboprop planes or jet planes, but hopefully it won't be a problem to get down there.

And also, I'm absolutely CERTAIN that I don't sound like the Swedes in those sound clips, it's just that I think that a lot of Swedish people's English accents are truly horrible. And I don't want to sound like that.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

My Gymnasium class is specialized on just learning good and pretty advanced English, and I'm glad that none of us talk like those Swedish examples. But then we've got the best English teacher in town, so that might not be that strange, after all...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

Extended purdah make K-B angry and poor. Stupid <banned topic>ians with their stupid <banned topic>

------------
    Dave is amazing. It's just back to back awesome punctuated by Bottom.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2010-05-11 at 05:02 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

18. - Top - End - #498

Also, I know your avvie is one of those letter-type Psychic Pokemon from the third movie, but I can't remember their name. This niggles away at me something awful.
    Unown. Well, to be precise, my sigatar is 6 unowns spelling out 'Thufir'. My avatar is a cross between an unown and the Summoning Dark.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

19. - Top - End - #499

OrcBarbarianGuy

Gar, Malfunctioned is annoyed. I've left my Zombie Survival Guide in college and now I have nothing to read at home.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

Nothing to read? Boy, the internet is right in front of you! You could probably find an entire book out there if you really feel like it.

Also, I seem to have suffered a 24 hour gross disease. I'm...getting better, but stilll feeling cruddy.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

I'm listening to the new New Pornographers album, and all I can think is: "Fortunately, the New Pornographers more than make up for the harm Canada caused to music in the form of Nickelback."

Also, I'm reading The Golden Gate by Vikram Seth for modern lit class. It's ****ing amazing.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

What's it about, Sneakers Bar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post

What I'm making except with chicken and I'm using zucchini instead of eggplant, so really, not what I'm making at all other than in the name.

Smells so good, babies jump out the window!
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-05-11 at 11:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

What's it about, Sneakers Bar?
    It's a novel written in verse (sonnets in iambic tetrameter) about yuppies in San Francisco in the 80's.

...it sounds bizarre, but it's not. It's just good.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

My day, in summary:
    Most sites are blocked on my laptop (which I have for school), don't have my phone, spent all day on schoolwork, am still behind on schoolwork, can't see my friends tomorrow like I hoped to and probably won't get to see my girlfriend for about 25 days.
    Not being able to see my girlfriend is like an onion topping the crud sundae my day has been.
    I hate onions.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ettin in the Playground

Some people like onions.

I don't, but I do like finally beating World of Goo.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

Me, I prefer onions.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Some people like onions.

I don't, but I do like finally beating World of Goo.
    That's why I specified my intense dislike.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

28. - Top - End - #508

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    I'm...getting better, but stilll feeling cruddy.
    Try looking at your avatar. It makes everything better.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

29. - Top - End - #509
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Not being able to see my girlfriend is like an onion topping the crud sundae my day has been.

Have a VGcats to cheer you up.

Me, I'm still confused as to where the onions went in my zucchini parmesan.

Also, how a 57 year old and a 21 year old managed to eat a meal for about 6 people between the two of them in like, no time flat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

Also, how a 57 year old and a 21 year old managed to eat a meal for about 6 people between the two of them in like, no time flat.
    That's usually what happens when I make lasagna. Doesn't matter how much I make, it all disappears.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.