New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Deth Muncher's Destructive and Meandering Random Banter #141

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    He's the source of all my cold sores.
    Oh, you know it lovey-bear. And pretty much every thing that happened to you in your childhood. Well, except for that bicurious episode. I was kinda asleep when that happened so I have no idea who was running the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Well, except for that bicurious episode. I was kinda asleep when that happened so I have no idea who was running the show.
    Aw man, now who am I going to blame for that?
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Banned

The LGBT Fairy. See, instead of putting a tooth under your pillow, you put. . .

(legs it before any of 'em read this!)

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Troll in the Playground

Er....that doesn't work on the internet, Quincy. ;p We can already see where you were going with that one.

Clearly, they put CANDLE JACK! Ha! See ya, su
    Last edited by Trobby; 2010-06-04 at 03:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    We can already see where you were going with that one.
    I don't. Well, not really.

Where was the Quincunx going with that?
    I'm gone for a couple of years!
    I'm off doing service in developing countries in South America
    (Very little chance of internet access) - I'll try to come back afterwards

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Troll in the Playground

You know...that's actually a good question. Also, I escaped.

Uh...maybe...the wrong kind of clothes you should be wearing for your gender? Like...skirts for boys, and uh...a mannish suit for girls? I'm not sure what you would do for girls in that situation. D=
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Troll in the Playground

You know...that's actually a good question. Also, I escaped.

Uh...maybe...the wrong kind of clothes you should be wearing for your gender? Like...skirts for boys, and uh...a mannish suit for girls? I'm not sure what you would do for girls in that situation. D=
    Man jeans as opposed to cute butt-showing-off jeans?
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Troll in the Playground

;o Perhaps. Perhaps. Cannot...erase...image...

We still haven't answered the question though. And the question is...

...What were we talking about again?
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1149

We're talking about man jeans, and how much you need to wear a belt when you wear them, and the benefits of man jeans (namely, you can put stuff into your pockets and not have people make fun of you).

Of course.

Weren't you listening?

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Banned

Pockets? I can't put things in my jeans pockets. My butt is already occupying that space in woman's jeans, let alone flat no-allowance-for-a-butt man's jeans, let alone in European-cut "let's make the back of those pants cling" jeans. Friggin' Italians. Why can't they just leave bumpy darts in the back waist like the rest of the world? Back bumps > permawedgie cut.

11. - Top - End - #1151

There's a difference between men's and women's jeans?
    ... My knowledge of clothing is extremely lacking.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

12. - Top - End - #1152

Well there's your problem. You're using European Jeans.

You should use Cowboy American Jeans instead. They're made for butts, because you need those when you're on horses as extra padding when riding around all day rounding up animals and shooting outlaws.
    Last edited by Je dit Viola; 2010-06-04 at 04:47 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1153

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Generally jeans made for the dudes have a little more "breathing room". Oh, and those made for the dudettes tend to have completely non-functional pockets.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Troll in the Playground

That, and they are both comfy and effective. I'm more a fan of the looser kind of pants myself, and well aware of the absurd measurements they tack onto women's jeans. <.<; And I have never once worn Euro-style pants. So I wouldn't know about those.

I should probably start wearing a bet though. Those loops are there for a reason...I just need to find a decent belt.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Yup. Men's clothing has pockets.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Banned

Men's jeans are pretty much straight up and down in the waist-and-hip area, because most guys are pretty much flat in the butt and don't have hips poking out to either side, and as Dogmantra said, 'breathing room'. Women's jeans have some curvature to allow for butt and hips (just never enough in the back, for me--I've got a curvy 'swayback' spine and a butt) and non-functional pockets, either because the pocket room is being occupied or because the maker thinks women don't want pockets in that area.

There's two separate problems with European jeans. First, the assumed body shape over here is more blocky (if you are a woman with less of a waist, you will be very happy in European cut clothing). Second, when they have less of a waist/hip curvature to deal with, some of them think they'll be clever and hide that curve in the crotch curve instead of at the waistband. That puts more strain on the crotch which equals wedgie.
    Last edited by Quincunx; 2010-06-04 at 04:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Titan in the Playground

That, and they are both comfy and effective. I'm more a fan of the looser kind of pants myself, and well aware of the absurd measurements they tack onto women's jeans. <.<; And I have never once worn Euro-style pants. So I wouldn't know about those.

I should probably start wearing a bet though. Those loops are there for a reason...I just need to find a decent belt.
    I'm always wearing a belt, wether I really need it or not, since it's generally more comfortable with one than without one (jeans generally aren't designed for my slim body shape, so I need a belt to keep them in the right place).

There are also some hidden benefits of belts, especially during contests based on humiliation.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2010-06-04 at 04:58 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1158

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Also: Koorli! I haven't seen you in forever! Not cuz you haven't been around, but because I hadn't. ¿Cómo estás?
    DeeRee my sweet! I haven't been around in forever either, so I've missed you too.
    Je suis tres bien ce nuit!
    Aside from the headache. I was coerced into a 'short and spontaneous walkabout of Oxford'. It turned into a four hour long adventure involving a pub (at half six, but no alcohol), trespassing on Christ Church property, playing with a stolen trolley, meadows, cloud gazing and culminated in fish and chips and a trip to Tescos.
    Also the first half of our journey was decided by flipping a coin to see which road we take next.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Having seen the NUTS production of it a few months back, I find I definitely prefer the stage version of Rent to the film (Though I do love the film). I like the feeling of everything kind of going on all at once, there's more detail on some bits, reusing the little musical themes all over the place, it's great.
    Though the NUTS production itself had some issues. Angel couldn't get the high notes properly, they had problems with their microphones, and some of their American accents were unconvincing. Collins wasn't so good in the first act, but he was great in the second.
    Our Collins was really good, but our Angel, although hilarious and able to hit the high notes was occaisionally wooden. But everything else was amazing. It was opening night and there were maybe a dozen empty seats in a theatre of one hundred.
    And I kid you not when I tell you there has been almost no advertising for this production.
    And it got an encore, about five minutes of applause and was about half a mo' from a standing ovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    In more recent news:
    . . .
    The only things I do have going on are the NUGSS summmer show - monday/tuesday, but I already know all my bits - and Ruddigore with St. Andrews Monkseaton - October, I already know my music, and I won't get the lines until I can actually act them. So, nothing to do there.
    Bleh.
    As Sir Rupert Murgatroyd I presume?
    'S'a good one that. Very enjoyable, and full of Basingstoke, insanity and melodrama before melodrama was even invented.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

19. - Top - End - #1159

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    As Sir Rupert Murgatroyd I presume?
    'S'a good one that. Very enjoyable, and full of Basingstoke, insanity and melodrama before melodrama was even invented.
    ...The name of the character is in my sig and you still got it wrong. I'm rather impressed. In an 'ooh... fail.' kinda way.

Oh, yeah, I have more other news, don't I?
    I got birthday presents!
    My dad got me a copy of The Gospel of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, and a matching tie. My parents jointly got me vocal scores of HMS Pinafore, Ruddigore and Iolanthe (And my mum said she might get me another one of my choice). And my brother got me a bunch of games on Steam. He actually only got me the games when I was at home to get my presents on wednesday, so they came with the message "Happy belated birthday! (This is really weird, you're sitting right behind me singing 'tan-tan-tara'...)"
    Oh, and a couple of my friends gave me money, which I spent on alcohol after my last exam.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2010-06-05 at 11:10 AM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    There's two separate problems with European jeans. First, the assumed body shape over here is more blocky (if you are a woman with less of a waist, you will be very happy in European cut clothing). Second, when they have less of a waist/hip curvature to deal with, some of them think they'll be clever and hide that curve in the crotch curve instead of at the waistband. That puts more strain on the crotch which equals wedgie.
    So, what... are they misshapen due to some sort of weirdness with never realizing that WWII and war-famines are over and done with so that humans are natural human shaped rather than starvation victim/bomb-victim-shaped or just really bad at designing pants to fit people? ...I'm not really seeing where white-americans would get different body types than europeans though, maybe change up the proportional representation of body types, but I just don't see us creating new body types with how rabidly anti-other we're notorious for being.

Women pockets are vestigial.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-06-05 at 04:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Banned

I don't know why the shapes of presumably similar gene pools diverged on different continents, but it seems to have some basis in reality. Could be as simple as what shape your body's confined to while it's still growing*, in which case the change would occur within a generation. Most women today cannot fit into a dress sewn in the era of full-torso girdles. (shrug) The question will be moot in several years' time if the trend for tracksuit bottoms continues, anyway. Wear a fully elasticated waist nowhere near your waist for long enough, it seems, and your body thickens in the torso before age would have thickened it for you. If anyone's misshapen, it's us Americans, though. There's little skeletal or muscular reason to cut in that much in the middle of the torso's sides, no matter what the BMI. We aren't wasps.

Doesn't matter much if you're just looking for fashions to suit your shape--the blocky body can wear runway fashions that the hourglass can never hope to look good in, and the hourglass shines in almost all formal dresses that the blocky body must forsake--but everyone needs pants, and the structured pants to suit each shape aren't available everywhere, and that's a shame. Why aren't European-cut pants sold in the U.S. to women who gave up on pants because the local cut always formed butt wrinkles and camel toe? Why aren't American-cut pants sold in Europe to women who gave up on pants because the local cut always caused wedgies and binding at the thigh?

*I wonder about that, sometimes, as far as guys go. Frequently the fat man's shape in side-view nips in suddenly under his gut and enjoys a brief period of confinement. Are the pants with no stretch and strong seams, still squeezed into although they might be a size too small, keeping the fat man from developing a butt?

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ettin in the Playground

Half of my town is completely under water. It's crazy. I've never seen those places like that.

Spoiler
    Show

The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing;
    Rush in and die, dogs—I was a man before I was a king.

Whoever makes shoddy beer, shall be thrown into manure - town law from Gdańsk, XIth century.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Bugbear in the Playground

I believe I've mentioned how much I love my BF before...(he had a dream about Cthulhu in a tuxedo)

Today I mentioned that we've been together 18 months. His response? "That's the amount of time elves are pregnant for"

Awesome.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Haha, good laugh this thread.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Spiryt View Post
    Half of my town is completely under water. It's crazy. I've never seen those places like that.

Spoiler
    Show

Good grief! I can't even find coverage of it on my news sites. What's happened? Rainfall? Breached dam? Do you still have utilities?

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Good grief! I can't even find coverage of it on my news sites. What's happened? Rainfall? Breached dam? Do you still have utilities?
    It was raining whole damn May, and when rivers was getting lower, it started raining in June too. So the walls finally failed.

Utilities are fine I guess, it actually looks weird like people are walking, shoping and all in the center, but lower everything is floating and all kind of people in uniforms are driving around.
    Last edited by Spiryt; 2010-06-05 at 08:47 AM.
    The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing;
    Rush in and die, dogs—I was a man before I was a king.

Whoever makes shoddy beer, shall be thrown into manure - town law from Gdańsk, XIth century.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Troll in the Playground

Every Friday me and my friends go to the ice skating rink... evertime I don't go something awesome happens.
    ____

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lioness View Post
    I believe I've mentioned how much I love my BF before...(he had a dream about Cthulhu in a tuxedo)

Today I mentioned that we've been together 18 months. His response? "That's the amount of time elves are pregnant for"

Awesome.
    ;o I'd be slightly suspicious if I were you...is he seeing an elf on the side?

For that matter, are YOU an elf? =o

Also, that's probably only the Tolkein elf, or the DnD elf. He has to be specific! Other elves might have different gestation periods!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ettin in the Playground

Spiryt, we've had crazy amounts of rain here as well. Like, usually, we have about six inches cumulative by this time of year? Right now we have over 8. Also we've already well surpassed our average rainfall for the month of June, and it's only the fifth day.

Yeah, okay, 8 inches isn't "a lot" of rain in a lot of places. But we only get an average of 13 inches a year, and ordinarily not a drop between the months of June and September. The river that goes through town is as high as it usually is in March, when it gets flooded with snowpack.

Very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    DeeRee my sweet! I haven't been around in forever either, so I've missed you too.
    Si. I've been having a very fun May and June, what with being out of school (!) for the summer, and writing, and reading a novel and a half yesterday, and cooking, and . . . *hyperventilates*

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, finals and SAT. It's like whenever I get close to the computer, my life comes running from around the corner, says "Phase, we know you wanted to relax a bit, but here's a pile of textbooks," and then takes a brick with "tektsbuk" scrawled on the side with black ooze and smashes my fingers with it.

In any case, wish me luck on Bio.