New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Rebirth Of The Gods

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151063

Long ago, there were many places on Earth that were actually worlds of their own, and yet somewhere the same world all at once. This is the account of the New Beginning, the Return of Olympus, the Flowering, The Rebirth.

Channel 5 News Broadcast:
    "All over the world there have been many religious occurences of countless kinds. Too numerous to count, we have a psychologist and theologian here with us to discuss what this all could possibly mean."

Meanwhile, none of you have much reason to care other than being interested passingly. Afterall, it isn't effecting you now. For all you know, this is just another passing spiritualist fad, much like the Seances of the 1800's. However, one day, something changed. . .

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Rebirth Of The Gods

Adena

Stepping off the curb, Adena walked across the street into the square a block from her shabby apartment. Her black and scarlet (dyed) hair was in her eyes, but she liked it that way. As she passed a curbside preacher, prattling on about the "rebirth" and the "coming of the gods," she muttered under her breath, "Funny, those guys are usually Christian."
    She bought a breakfast sandwich and descended into the subway. There was another one of those polytheist evangelists down there, too. She put on some headphones to drown him out, but watched him until her train came. He certainly had some zeal, with the way he was gesticulating wildly. When the train arrived, Adena rose from her bench to board, but was stopped by the street-preacher. He said something, and then when she took off her headphones, he repeated it: "You! You're her! I've seen you--"
    "That's great and all, but I've got a train to catch," Adena said. She shook his hand from her arm and got on board, leaving him standing alone in the station.
    When she arrived at her destination, Adena took off her headphones and walked up the stairs to the park district. Her friends were there, waiting. She approached unnoticed, took out her lighter and offered a light to one of them who was struggling for a smoke. "Oh, you're here," he said, puffing on the newly-lit cig.
    Adena snapped the lid of her lighter closed. "What are we burning this month?" she asked.
    "We're going big, for this one," her friend responded.
    "Oh? Where?" Adena asked.
    The other arsonist replied, "Well, we found a mob safehouse. We're going to make it a lot less safe, so to speak."
    "No," Adena said. "It's too dangerous. We decided before that we're only going to get small-time criminal targets. Once we get in with the mob, we're never coming out."
    "Act small, stay small. Take grand steps, get grand results," the first one said, a hint of sarcasm on his tone.
    "Grand doesn't have to be so risky. I'm starting to think you two are just in this for the pyromania," Adena muttered.
    "Oh come on, Adena. You get more joy out of watching things burn than either of us, and you know that." Adena started to respond, but was cut off. "Now stop being such a damn chicken and come on. We've got a lot of kero to buy, and even more plans to go over. This place is pretty big."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Crescat looked irritably at the TV in his dorm room. Long black hair, tangled and uncombed ran down the man's back; he hadn't gone to the barbers in months. Not out of any sense of fashion, but simply because he had been too busy. He also smelled.

"Would you shut that off? I'm trying to study for the midterms."

"...It's the third week of classes."

"And your point?"
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

The people that came to pay tribute to his father's life was astounding. Someone passing by had mentioned that, by her count, the guest book had over two hundred signatures. Two hundred, that number was staggering to Shaddon. If he thought real hard, the college student - a junior - could barely count a dozen people he knew close. This included his family.

Of course, his father was a prominent police officer in life. Dad was the type of officer that had the power of life and death in his hands. Well, maybe that was stretching a bit, but it wasn't too much of one. Dad was a negotiator. Many times did he enter the scene, talking someone away from the idea of jumping off a cliff, or putting a bullet in the head of their hostage. Dad was the voice of reason for a man that had little reason to live, to continue on living. Shaddon often disagreed with his Dad's line of work, after listening to their cases, some people just didn't deserve to live. Take the bastard that gunned down his father, for example.

The lunatic was on the edge. His wife in one hand, a shotgun in the other, and the negotiator, not 15 feet away, trying to give him a reason to put down that weapon when - let's face it - there was no real reason at all. The lunatic had already taken four lives in one bank robbery, and now he was about to take his wife's. Why should someone plead for him to remain alive? Then, Dad said something wrong. A comment that would otherwise be innocent and harmless to the sane man, drew the lunatic into a rage. The result of that rage ended with buckshot driven into the chest of Dad....

"Your father was a great man, Shaddon. The lives he saved puts even the greatest people to shame. You should be proud of him." Shaddon didn't know who rested their hand upon his left shoulder, he didn't care. Shaddon had always been a quiet man, only speaking when he had to, and always speaking in a precise manner if he had to. However, now it was amplified, Shaddon had no wish to talk to anyone, he only wished to sit. "If you need someone to talk to, son...do not..

I'm not your son. Was all that Shaddon said, his pale blue eyes fixed upon his father's open casket. The man pulled his hand away from the shoulder, and silently walked off. Leaving Shaddon to his thoughts again.

Death should be just, Father. Why should someone who saved lives, die trying to save one that has no right to be saved? Why can't you be here...?

The reception hall was beginning to die out. Hundreds of people had come to talk to Dad's loved ones. His wife, his daughter, Shaddon. All of them offered their condolences, and many shared a good natured laugh, as Father would want it, and eventually, all of them had left...

...but Shaddon remained. Third Row from the casket, third seat from the aisle. His pale blues eyes unnervingly fixed upon the open casket.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

A man in a nice business suit walked along the streets in a bad alley. He stopped and paused at a door. Glancing around, he knocked in a certain pattern. The door opened and he went inside.

He found a man sitting at a table inside waiting for him.

"You're late, Dark." The man commented. Dark shrugged. "I was held up, took longer to get that item you wanted." He said in reply.

Dark reached into his pocket and pulled something out.
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Across the sea a lightning strike hits a statue and a machine's eyes open...

The machine opens his eyes and becomes functional after 6 months of hibernation and he takes sometime to allow for all of his processes to begin functioning as they had before. He had suffered a massive amount of damage during the bombing that he used all of his reserve energy burying his ally. He stood there for three years after that day. His actions became folklore among the townsfolk and he had been christened the saint of the town by the townsfolk. He went through as much of his memory bank as possible but there were large pieces that were either corrupted or destroyed due to the lightning.

While he sat there people began to gather to see what was going on with their savior. One man stepped up towards the machine and began to preach the tale of Legion, protector of the weak. "Who do you speak of?" said the machine causing some of the people jump with surprise. "I speak of you and what you have done for our town, you helped us once and you must have come back to help us again." The man said to Legion as he pointed to Legions hand which held upon it the name "Legion".

"Very well than this is my duty and I shall do it." Legion said in response to the man,"Where is my weapon?". "It is held within our church, you may take it now if you wish." the man said and pointed to the church that was behind Legion. Legion moved slowly at first, much of the dirt that had accumulated on him fell of in his first few steps, but soon he was moving at a regular pace up the steps of the church. Inside on the altar his mace lay and he moved and grabbed it, instinctively understanding how to hold it and use it as if it were an extension of his arm.

"Wise man, you said I must be coming back to aid your community. If that is so what is it that plagues you?" Legion asks him as he walks back out to the crowd. "The land we farm has become barren after the bombing and we can no longer live here, this would be the issue that affects all of us and have prayed for someone to come and aid us." The man says to Legion before the get to the group of people that had gathered. "I know understand what i must do, I am here to find you new land to live upon. We shall travel no matter the distance to find new land for you and when it is found you may begin again and create a glorious future"
    Last edited by Frozen Messiah; 2010-05-06 at 07:36 PM.
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba

“Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

-Compassion: Much less effective on soul eating monsters.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

"How did you get the key to this place?" Adena asked Marc, one of her arsonist friends. They had loaded up on all the kerosene containers they needed, and were finally ready to do some burning.
    "I told you," he replied, "I've got a friend with connections." He fumbled to find the keyhole in the dark, and Adena supplied illumination from the flickering flame of her lighter.
    "Yeah, and how do you know you can trust your friend? How do you know you can trust his connections?" she asked. "This really is dangerous, what we're doing." She looked over her shoulder cautiously--no, nervously. Her right hand was shaking, and her left was twirling a red streak of hair anxiously.
    "Look, Adena, do you want out?" Marc asked, with a tone of accusation. "Because I can dish out a little vigilante justice by myself, if you're afraid to." The deadbolt opened with a loud clunk.
    Frowning, Adena pushed past him and opened the door into the dark safehouse. Stupid, she thought at herself. He knows just the right buttons to push. You always have to prove you're not a coward. "Let's get to it," she said aloud, and started spreading kero across the floor and onto the walls. In a place like this, you could figure the fire department could get here before any real damage was done to the surrounding area, but with just enough time--given proper placement of the fuel--to burn a building of this size to the ground.
    When the kerosene containers were empty, Adena stepped back and struck a match. "Ready?" she asked Marc, who nodded in response. She took a deep breath. "One... Two... Three--" Just as she was about to let the match fall from her fingers, she heard the sound of a shotgun cocking behind her.

8. - Top - End - #8

The reception area was empty for a half an hour, save for Shaddon, who didn't move from his spot even as the workers began to close the casket, and prepare it for burial. ....We have to go, Shad... The sound of Synthia's voice came before the sound of her high heels tapping against the wood floor. His sister's voice was always enough to break him out of even his deepest thoughts.

...I know. But he didn't move from his spot, as he started to sink back into the memories of his father. No one could know how close Shaddon was to his father but two people, his sister and his mother. Just as quick as he fell into his memories, he was pulled out once again by the gentle tug of his sister. I know it is hard, Shaddon. Probably harder for you than for even me...but..you have to believe...he is with God, now.

I do not believe that he is with God, Sister; for I do not believe there is a God. You shall believe what you will, but I can not believe in such a simple pathogen. Shaddon was often accused by everyone, even his family, of being nearly emotionless. It is quite often that students that spoke to him, and even professors would equate him to a mere robot with advanced AI: Vastly intelligent, but seemingly uncaring...about everything.

For ****'s sake, Shaddon, don't pull that emotionless bull**** with me. Not now, not when our father is dead! Even you can't be this cold...you simply can't. Synthia didn't simply place a hand on his shoulder now, she grabbed his arm and forced him out of his hardened shell of memories. The force startled the lithe male, his eyes wide and alert, just as if a child was just pulled from his secret spot just moments after robbers invaded his home. My name is Synthia, not Sister. I hope I'm not some...damn label to you, Shaddon. a soft sigh, as a single tear would fall from the porcelain face. I...I'm so...

Do not say it, Synthia, for there is no need. This loss has struck hard for both of us, not just myself. I apologize for the attack on your belief's, but you must accept that I do not follow the same ideals. I simply can not adopt a pathogen that says either you are good, and go here...or you are bad, and go there. Where is the fairness? What if a man of saintly proportions tripped up on a trivial 'sin?' Does that damn him? Is there not a Judge kind enough to examine the case that is his life more thoroughly? Rather than just notice the microscopic fleck of dirt on the perfection that is his soul, and immediately damn him to a 'hell.'

My Fathers soul is somewhere, dear Synthia, for that I am sure; but that is where our beliefs take a separate path.
    The tears merely proceeded to rush out of Synthia's face at an excelled rate. She knew that no comfort, or kind words would come from his brother, no matter how hard he tried. Though she knew his attempts were pure of heart, and she was grateful for them always, those attempts always came out as cold, and harsh.

Shaddon cared deeply for his father, she knew that; but it was so hard for her to fathom him even speaking such words on the state of his own father's afterlife. Then again, maybe he was right. Was she so willing to believe that their father was with God, simply because it instilled with her a 'happy ending?'

Religion was never a fun conversation with you, Shaddy. A soft giggle though the tears, as she leaned into her brother's arm, Let's agree to disagree on this, ok? Now, C'mon. The Funeral is tomorrow, and I need a friend to have a few drinks with. You know, to provide the nutrients needed to fill up the tear ducts again for tomorrow.

A nod, and a smile was seen upon Shaddon's face, as he walked with Synthia out to her car, resisting every urge to look back again upon the casket as they left. He knew it was best not to endulge that urge, for doing so would only make it harder to leave.
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2010-05-06 at 04:17 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Dark walked out of the building, flipping his fingers through the cash he know had. He smiled, happy that he had been paid. Another job done.

(Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

10. - Top - End - #10

Artul stepped out of the pool, it had been a rather cold swim today.

Looking around he thought to himself, this has been a long day, as he walked himself to the nearest starbucks, after drying off and getting dresses in his jogging suit.

He decided he wanted to have a coffee straight black like he used to drink.

Its been 5 long years he said to the man sitting at the table behind him.
    So you recognized me huh? Its been a long time since we struck it rich selling arms illegally across the seas to the Mortani' organization

So why did you call me here if but for a drink?
    I have a job for you he sits a briefcase on the table. this is the new state of the art altos missle, i want you to deliver it to my friend downtown, at 2612 s main. If you do this, he will see to it that your private water park stays open.

Without saying a word he reached across the table grabbed the briefcase and walked out.Easiest 100 thousand ive ever madeHe thought to himself.

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A Chaotic Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

"Son of a bitch," Marc said, raising his hands to his head. Without moving her match arm, Adena slowly turned her head to look behind her. She was sure not to make any sudden moves.

"Put it out," the man with the gun said. Not in any position to argue, Adena blew out the match. The man approached, grabbed her hand, and twisted her over onto her knees. She winced, it felt like her elbow was about to snap. The smell of kerosene invaded her nostrils as he brought her face to the fuel-soaked floor.
    The man suddenly let go, and Adena pulled herself away and rolled around to face him. Marc was struggling to get a grip on the shotgun. "Marc!" she cried, and took out her lighter. After a split second of consideration, she desperately opened her bag and removed an aerosol hairspray can. She flicked the lighter open, producing a flame in one motion, and regarded the attacker. He had Marc knocked onto the ground, and was preparing to shoot. Adena gritted her teeth and took aim...

FWOOSH

The fumes in the room around them almost immediately ignited as she sprayed the aerosol can, creating a massive fireball that engulfed the mobster. As the flame hit him, he squeezed the trigger of the shotgun, reducing Marc's head to a bloody pulp.

For a moment, Adena could only look at Marc's body. For a moment, she didn't notice the burning man's screams. For a moment, she didn't notice that the flames had traveled from his body to the floor. The first thing she did notice was a flame creeping up Marc's leg. Her brain registered the fire, the screams, and the smell of burning flesh and kerosene, and it told her to run. Her feet remained planted for about a minute, and then she bolted, dropping everything except her lighter, and ran out the door. She kept running down the street, sprinting until her legs gave out under her.

12. - Top - End - #12

He headed down the street, his hands stuffed in his funeral attire as he walked. Synthia had long since fallen into a deep slumber. He was unsure of whether it was the intoxication that put her into that blissful sleep, or the exhaustion spent from a few more hours of crying at the loss of their father. It didn't matter, the fact remained that Synthia was blessed with the company of sleep, while he stuggled in vain to obtain it. So, after tucking his beloved sister in to her bed, he gave her a kiss upon the forehead, and headed outside for a walk...to reflect.

It wasn't long before Shaddon was lost in his thoughts once again, and it was only sudden appearance of a figure sprawled out upon the sidewalk that managed to pull him out of them. Shaddon casually walked forward, curiosity driving his movements for the moment, until he got closer and began to smell the faint aroma of kerosene. Moving closer to the figure revealed the female form, panting for air, and with what seemed to be a look of shock upon her face.

Immediately, Shaddon knelt down, and put a hand upon her right arm gently, slowly nudging her backward, as if suggesting to her to roll over on her side. Without even noticing it, Shaddon began to take on at least a partial roll of his father's profession. Are you hurt, Ma'am? It smells as though you are soaked in a highly volatile fluid. Perhaps we should seek a way to cleanse you from the substance.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

I killed him... That man, I killed him. I burned him to death. I stood by as he burned. I stood by as he killed Marc. I let him kill Marc. I killed Marc. I killed both of them. Marc is dead because I didn't stand my ground, I let him bully me into going in and burning that place. I told him it was dangerous. God, this is all my fault. I never wanted to kill anyone... I just wanted to--

As soon as Shaddon's hand touched her arm, Adena opened her eyes, slipping from her own thoughts back into the dark night. She rolled over onto her back and slowly sat up. She blinked several times to try and get the image of Marc's body surrounded by flames out of her mind. After a moment, she seemed to notice the man kneeling over her. "What... Who are you?" she asked Shaddon, pulling away slightly.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The building that Dark had left several minutes ago exploded. He turned to regard it cheerfully. Dark smiled, "Should have sent someone more skilled to kill me shouldn't you?" He quipped amusedly.
    Last edited by russdm; 2010-05-06 at 10:08 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

A man that has come across your delimma, it seems. I am called Shaddon. Are you able to stand? We should probably move to a more comfortable location. If you don't mind, I would rather that I went with you, until I know that you are capable of continuing on your own.

As the woman sat up, Shaddon was quick to let go, to give the girl her space, and adapt to her predicament accordingly. He did not, however, move any further back than he was beforehand.

Shaddon was about to ask another question, but that was before he looked up a bit, and notice an orange lighting in the not to distant horizon. The orange light would fluctuate from bright to dim until finally the glimpse of flames licking the night sky could have been seen. The sound of sirens in the distance, as well as a firetruck speeding past them only confirmed that there was a fire in the distance.

It was then that Shaddon put two and two together. The building that burns now, I can only assume you emerged from it? I trust you are not burned in any way? Once again starting to look her over for signs of burned clothing.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Adena's stomach sank. If he found out that she was the person who burned it, who knew what he would do? I need to get rid of this kero smell, the girl thought, trying to avoid imagining Marc's corpse. She obviously couldn't trust this man, not without knowing him. She swallowed and put her hand over her pocket where her lighter rested, not answering his second question. "I'm Adena," she said, gazing out at the flaming building. She tried to stand, but her feet gave out again. She caught herself on his arm and apologized with a grimace. "What district of the city is this? I have no idea where I am... I live downtown."

17. - Top - End - #17

Shaddon was quick to catch her, his other hand coming over to embrace her in a 'hug' of sorts, so that she did not roll out of his grasp and back to the ground. The man then proceeded to lift her up, allowing her to support her weight on him, until she was able to support her body once again. You are within a residential district a few miles from downtown, Adena. There is a subway station not too far from here, if you wish.

There was something not being told here, and Shaddon was aware of it, but his father always told him that sometimes you have to wait for answers on their terms, not yours. Shock, Distrust, Temporary Amnesia...they all play a part in the grand scheme of things. For now, Shaddon worked with the first major step: Establishing the grounds for trust. Perhaps you can remove some of the kerosene from your skin within one of the subways facilities.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

"Yeah... Yeah, that's a good idea..." The man seemed nice enough, if his manner of speaking was a little odd. She slowly let go of his arm and managed to weakly stand on her own. "I think I can walk," she said, "but I'll probably need help getting down the stairs to the station. Would you mind? I mean, I'm not expecting you to... You probably think I'm some kind of a freak, huh?" She started stumbling along the sidewalk toward the subway, turning her eyes from the burning building in the distance toward Shaddon.

What's going to happen when they find the bodies? What if it gets traced to me? No, they're mobsters, they'll pin it on that. Won't they?

19. - Top - End - #19

I do not think that is the term I would use. Shaddon remained slightly behind the girl, but still close enough to appear as though they were walking together. This was merely to be in a position to catch her, should she get a sudden lose of strength within a leg. I would be happy to assist.

There was a few minutes of silence between the two as they walked. Shaddon inquisitive mind trying so hard not to pry into the oddity of the situation, to follow his father's rules as a police negotiator and give them their space to speak on their terms...but it eventually broke down into failure. I am sorry to pry, Adena, but I wish to inquire as to what brought you to the sidewalk of this district, sprawled out upon the ground?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

After turning a street corner, Dark encountered two people, a woman and man. Dark stopped as they approached him. "Well now, what do we have here?" He commented. He regarded the woman, sure he recognized her. The mob boss's client? If so, he was probably dead; the man lacked patience and was too stupid.
    Last edited by russdm; 2010-05-07 at 05:40 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Adena shook her head. She couldn't tell him about what happened, and obviously he wasn't going to stop asking. People are naturally curious, and naturally suspicious, as well. She looked at him, making eye contact. Maybe she could trust him? "I was..."

Adena broke eye contact, and lied. "I was going to commit suicide. I was going to burn myself." She really wanted to tell Shaddon the truth, to trust him, but she just met the man. He would probably just report her to the police. "I was about to do it, and I just.... couldn't. I collapsed."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Legion walks in front of all of the townsfolk who follow him. They have been walking for days with little rest. "Legion you must let us rest, we are tired and hungry, please stop for a moment. It is nearly night fall and travelling then is dangerous." A woman holding a baby pleaded him. Legion looked at her for a moment and than nodded and stopped dead in his tracks. "Spread the word." Legion said to her and she nodded frantically at him an than ran off shouting along the line "STOP, STOP, WE MAY REST NOW, LEGION HAS SAID IT, SIT AND REST..." and legion watched her on her way until he lost sight of her. At that point Legion looked over to his right and saw the sun was setting he remembered that this meant that they should stop for the day.

Legion sat on a hill so that he was able to look at all of the townsfolk and watch them. To pass the time he began to count, 4235 people in the line, 175 are the young ones, 205 are children, and 145 are the elderly. Suddenly a small child come up to him and disrupts his counting she looks at him with curious eyes. She is holding a stuffed bear from her right hand; she is wearing a simple blue dress and some strong shoes. She says nothing to Legion but takes three steps up towards him and holds out her bear to him. Legion slowly raises his hands and lightly grabs it, the stuffed bear looks small in his hands. The little girl then grabs his hand before he can say anything grabs his hand and pulls at him, Legion does not move trying to figure out what she is trying to do. He then stands up and let's her lead him down the hill to the community.

He walks into the makeshift town the people have made and the first thing that he sees is a women, not the one from sundown but a new one, who is asking around frantically about her child and where she has gone to. The woman looks over at Legion and the girl who is holding one of his fingers in her tiny hand. She then comes over and grabs the girl in her arms as relief flows over her. "Thank you for finding her, I hope she didn't trouble you in any way." The woman says. "No, she didn't." Legion responds and then tries to give back her bear to her but she doesn't want to take it. "I think it's a gift to you. She wants you to have it." the women says with a small smile on her face, "Come to the main fire, we would love to have you there." Legion looks at the bear and than nods at the woman.

They both walk to the center of the gathering where a large fire pit has been made and the folk of the town are taking turns telling stories or singing songs or playing an instrument. When legion walks into the circle there is a silence for a moment as they all watch what he does next. Legion sits down as all the rest and a cheer among all of them erupts. They than continue on with their story. At one point in the night he is called Legion is called to the stage where he is asked to tell them his story. He knew no story other than the story that he experienced. So he told them the entire story that they all knew but had never heard from him. They all sat in rapt attention as he spoke and the fire pit went quiet, and then more and more of the community became quiet as they all started to gather to hear the story.
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba

“Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

-Compassion: Much less effective on soul eating monsters.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Dark walks up to Adena and Shaddon. He says nothing though.

24. - Top - End - #24

Unlikely. was all that he said, as he managed to embrace her on his shoulder, and was proceeding to walk forward. Shaddon was not in the law department, and only had to go off what is Father told him, but even his common sense told him that did not add up.

She was on a random sidewalk, soaked in kerosene, and weak in the legs. On top of that, Adena said she had lived downtown, and had no idea where she was. It did not make sense to commit suicide in a place you have no affiliation with, in the middle of night, and do it with kerosene and a match.Statistically, the female sex commits suicide in more subtler ways. Slow acting methods such as poison, or pill...this is believed to be because the female sex wishes to 'cry out' before their death. In short, they want to be saved.

You do not have to tell me the reasons you here, Adena, but know that your excuse does not have me swayed.
    What a delight this man was, no? His intention was to tell her that she didn't have to tell him anything she didn't want to, and that Shaddon would still assist her. It came out as 'Don't lie to me, woman. Now let's go.'

Before Shaddon and Adena made it too far, they ran into the man before them. Shaddon would make a few attempts to get around the man, but (Presumably) the man would prevent any form of advancement. Finally, Shaddon stood up, adjusting Adena so that she was not leaning too much, but also allowing her to pull away should he get her strength back.

Excuse me, sir. Would you kindly move out of our path. We must get his woman to her desired destination.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Noctis D'ahlver, he wasn't always called by that name. Sometimes he was called by such names as "Shade" or "Raven" or even, on one particularly memorable occasion, "C-92". But in the end, he was always Noctis D'ahlver, the pride of the upper echelons of his nation. He was a spy, had been for some time. Often considered to be the best in the business, and anyone who somehow aqcuired his dossier would have to agree. He handled some of the most sensitive information in the world, infiltrated some of the most air-tight governments known to history, and affected the very roots of the political world, roots some have never even concieved could exist. It was said amongst the highest of the upper echelons that a single stray word from Noctis would change the political landscape forever.

That almost happened, and it wouldn't have just been a stray word.

He was sent to "take care of" a foreign Prime Minister who knew too much about a deal Noctis's country was involved in. He got to his target after mearly a week, this particular case seeming like it would be forgetful compared to the other tasks he had been given. But then, just before Noctis was going to kill him, the Prime Minister started to talk. What he talked about shocked Noctis. The Prime Minister seemed to know more about Noctis's nation than he did, and that was saying a lot. What the Prime minister talked about sunk deep into Noctis. He talked about things that were eerily similar to the circumstances surrounding the other loose ends Noctis was sent to tie up. For the first time in years, no, decades, Noctis was scared.

After the World War III scare passed, Noctis met with an independent reporter. The reporter was interested in what Noctis had to say about the activities the government had been involved in, hoping to get an inside scoop that would make him famous. Noctis was just interested in revealing what he knew to the public, in hopes of uniting the world somehow.

Of course, he never got to tell anything to anyone. The government knew what he knew, and what he was capable of. So, they tried to take him out, make it look like an accident. Noctis was hit by what appeared to be a tour bus with bad brakes. It was intended to kill him, only it didn't.

It would be six months next Wednesday since that happened. The whole time he had been in a coma, the only thing indicating that he was alive was the constant beeping of machinery, ever analysing his vital statistics. The only reason the government hadn't finished the job was because they were devoting their resources to maintaining the feeling that they wanted peace. They also didn't want some of the members of the upper echelon that were close to Noctis to suspect foul play and do anything... rash. To everyone on the outside, he might as well have been dead. But from his perspective, to say things were different would be an understatement...

(OOC: More is coming up. Just wanna get the basic background down for now. I hope I am not intruding on anything you were thinking for the setting Armin. If I am, I will gladly change it.)

Edit: Realized a century was 100 years, changed it to decades.
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2010-05-10 at 09:46 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Dark shrugged. "Then by all means. I hope you don't mind if I tag along." Dark said.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Great, who's this guy? Adena sighed. She regarded Dark and shook her head. Some creep appearing out of nowhere in a city street, and then making the decision to follow you around? Sounded like a mugger to her. She weakly fumbled into her pocket and held onto her phone, ready to call 911 if the need arose. Then again... She *did* just commit a pretty major felony. Well, this is wonderful, she thought, best friend is dead, too weak to stand, too guilty to call the cops, and now I'm about to get mugged. And on top of that, I'm a murderer. She grabbed Shaddon's arm and shook her head, almost imperceptibly. She wasn't exactly in a position to tell this guy off, but perhaps he could.

On the other hand... How could she be sure Shaddon wasn't a mugger, or some sort of sociopathic killer? She had just blindly gone with him... Granted, until now there were no witnesses on the street, he could have just robbed her right there when he found her... That was reassuring to think, but the idea itself certainly didn't help her to trust him.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

A fairly well dressed man with hardened features and graying hair sits at a table just outside of a café. His brown eyes are lost in thought, thinking about what happened yesterday, or at least what seemed like yesterday. In this odd place, it was hard to tell day from night, let alone how much time has passed. Intuition seemed to become a sixth sense in this place, one more reliable than even sight at times.

Almost on queue, a prime example of just how weird “normal” is in this place shows up. A figure as black as night flies down next to the table Noctis was sitting in. After the figure plants itself on the ground, it can be seen that it was a humanoid figure made of crows, although not in a haphazard “stitched together” sense, and much more in an organic sense. Noctis knew why this particular being, a “yatagarasu” named C-92, came, as he had come many times during Noctis’s involuntary stay, teaching him about this world and how to manipulate and survive in it. This particular case was probably about what happened the day before…

29. - Top - End - #29

He wasted no time moving forward towards the nearby subway station, despite hearing such an odd request from the stranger. Of course, Shaddon was not about to ignore the question. He was not blind to the severity of the issue, for he wasn't so sure this was a man that was merely looking to mug two people for the price of one. As a matter of fact, I do mind. This young lady simply needs to get home, and get some rest, nothing more. As the subway is my destination, and it is rather occupied even at this time of night, she is in safe hands.

As it stands now, I suspect the lady is uncomfortable with even my presence, let alone yours. It would be best if you simply remove yourself from the situation.

The subway was within sight, no more than a minute's walk away at their current speed.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Dark shrugged. "Suit yourself. That blown up building did so nicely. And the guy who owned it, dangerous once upon a time. Poor Mobby. So long then." Dark said. He walked off, heading down a side street from Adena and Shaddon. After getting far enough away, he smiled to himself.