New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default The Character Art Request Thread

Okay, I made this for myself, but I figure I can share it. I know it comes up occasionally, and sometimes artists themselves start threads looking for inspiration. So, here be a thread wherein one can give a description of a character of some sort, and (hopefully...) persons of artistic bent can come and create illustrations of these characters. That's the idea, anyway. It would be nice, too, to see different interpretations of the same description, but I won't get my hopes up for that. Consider it, though!

So, to start off, anyone fancy designing this... person? (spoilered so people in VT's group don't see. If anyone does decide to take this on, it would be good if you could spoiler it if that's okay, VT's pretty strict on keeping characters secret 'til game start)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Warforged, but originally built as an ordinary golem designed for hunting. Its face may have been made pretty blank, and only renovated for expressions after its sentience was discovered. I imagine long legs for speed, and fairly long, strong arms for handling a composite longbow. A strange, oily-looking metal in its construction (instead of normal composite plating), and... can't remember what it's called, but a disc in its chest that makes its senses better. Dragonbone composite longbow, a variety of arrows, a spear and a dagger, but equipment isn't important.
    Anyone interested in designing it?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Character Art Request Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Okay, I made this for myself, but I figure I can share it. I know it comes up occasionally, and sometimes artists themselves start threads looking for inspiration. So, here be a thread wherein one can give a description of a character of some sort, and (hopefully...) persons of artistic bent can come and create illustrations of these characters. That's the idea, anyway. It would be nice, too, to see different interpretations of the same description, but I won't get my hopes up for that. Consider it, though!

So, to start off, anyone fancy designing this... person? (spoilered so people in VT's group don't see. If anyone does decide to take this on, it would be good if you could spoiler it if that's okay, VT's pretty strict on keeping characters secret 'til game start)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Warforged, but originally built as an ordinary golem designed for hunting. Its face may have been made pretty blank, and only renovated for expressions after its sentience was discovered. I imagine long legs for speed, and fairly long, strong arms for handling a composite longbow. A strange, oily-looking metal in its construction (instead of normal composite plating), and... can't remember what it's called, but a disc in its chest that makes its senses better. Dragonbone composite longbow, a variety of arrows, a spear and a dagger, but equipment isn't important.
    Anyone interested in designing it?
    If I have a bit of time on my hands later, I'd love to do this for you. I hardly ever get to make Warforged characters.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Character Art Request Thread

Yay, a response!
    Thanks Erm... but, uh... just in case... could you bleep the warforged bit in that post? VT's already made one person make a new character cuz they gave away what it was <.<