New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The A-Team (IC)

1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The A-Team (IC)

Following the directions that Lener, looking old and tired, was able to give, you arrive at one of the dormitories. Although the lights are dim inside, the shadow of a candle is frequently blocked by what the silhouette of what appears to be a grossly distorted human, or perhaps some larger or more exotic race.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

"Are we... going in there? This doesn't feel right."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

[Whispering]
    "Narrel, do you suspect that our racketeers are going to step in an seize the mine outright? That seems rather bold for your average extortionists. You haven't started doing Alekair's vision thing, have you? I've been dealing with his since before the army, and he's about all I can handle."
    -Chuck Smith
    Brooklyn Gamer Dad
    Magus PC OOC IC
    A-Team PC OOC IC

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Taking the cue from Brennar, Narrel begins whispering.
    "No, no visions. It may all be in my mind, illusions created by a fluttering candle perhaps. I'm fine now."

5. - Top - End - #65

[addressing the silhouetted figure]

"Well met, friend, could you direct us to Mister Gygin? Lener has sent us."
    -Chuck Smith
    Brooklyn Gamer Dad
    Magus PC OOC IC
    A-Team PC OOC IC

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

The figure steps out the door, the pale moonlight illuminating a tusked face and almost patchwork body. The mouth is lopsided, and one of the eyes is either swollen or disfigured. The creature opens its mouth, and speaks.

"That would be me. How can I help you, good sirs?"
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

"We're the new hires, and though we know our way around a pick, we don't know the camp," Wheedles Alekair, fully enveloped in his role of an uncertain miner. "We spoke with the, uh, boss, he said you'd give us a tour. We're to work with you tomorrow too, to learn the routine. I'm sorry to bother you like this." His eyes seem afraid to meet those of the large man and his head bobs with repeated bows. "Did something happen? The owner seem very upset about something when we spoke with him."
    “That which does not kill you was simply not permitted to do so for the purposes of the plot."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Gygin's voice is odd, seeming strangely cultured to be coming from such a monstrosity.

"I'm afraid there was a tragic accident earlier, one that I feel some responsibility for. Jonel, our esteemed patron's grandfather, died in the mine. It was truly awful."

The creature straightens up, and shakes itself.

"Well, he should have told you which dormitory you were to be shown to. 3B or 4B, most likely. Which did he say?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Make a Bluff check.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

"He didn't," Alekair the miner lets a bit of worry show through his facade, "For a dwarf he was quite choked up, I can understand why." With a pause for compassion he continues. "Can you recommend one? We'd like to stick together if we can," He gestures to his three companions, "if there's a problem I'm sure we can sort it out tomorrow."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff: (d20+11)[30]
    Last edited by Reptar; 2010-08-14 at 07:47 PM. Reason: uncolored the narative.
    “That which does not kill you was simply not permitted to do so for the purposes of the plot."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

"4B will do, I think. Come this way."

He picks up the candle and leads you to another dorimtory, hewn from the rock, pointing out four beds and indicating the small stock of blankets by the far wall.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ah, thank you. You have no idea how nice it will be to sleep in a proper bed again." Grinning the wizard gleefully turns to the large man, "It's been more than a week!" Grabbing a huge hand he shakes it vigorously. "We traveled all day just so we wouldn't have to sleep out in the open one more time." Letting go of Gygin's disfigured appendage Alekair appears thoughtful, "Is there somewhere we can wash up? We're as filthy as we are tired. It will be good to have solid work again, I can't stand traveling."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff: (vs. sense motive) (d20+11)[17]
    Concealed Spellcasting Check: (vs. spot.) (d20+13)[22]

Chain of Eyes: (DC: 17) {Using Versatile Spellcaster to exchange both Mage Armor and Silent Image for another use of Chain of Eyes}
    Spoiler
    Show
    CHAIN OF EYES
    Divination
    Level: Cleric 3, druid 4, sorcerer/
    wizard 2
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Touch
    Target: Living creature touched
    Duration: 1 hour/level
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes

With the creature’s will to resist brushed aside, you gaze out from its eyes to see your own satisfied smile.

You can use another creature’s vision instead of your own. While this spell
    gives you no control over the subject, each time it comes into physical contact with another living being, you can choose to transfer your sensor to the new creature. During your turn in a round, you can use a free action to
    switch from seeing through the current creature’s eyes to seeing normally or back again. Each transfer attempt allows the new target a saving throw and spell resistance. If a target resists, the spell ends.
    Last edited by Reptar; 2010-08-14 at 08:23 PM. Reason: color

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm afraid that it's a little basic in terms of hygeine, here. You have free access to the well, which is just inside the main mineshaft, then left, right, straight and another left. Other than that, yousee what you get."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well thank you anyway." Alekair smiles at the large man. "We appreciate all your help, it was nice to meet you. Where should we meet you in the morning?"

14. - Top - End - #74

[stiffling a faux weary traveler yawn]

"Would you mind telling us about the accident? If you don't mind? I wouldn't want to go and mention where it happened or something else to remind the Boss about it."
    -Chuck Smith
    Brooklyn Gamer Dad
    Magus PC OOC IC
    A-Team PC OOC IC

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll get you in the morning. I don't sleep much.

"As to the accident, it happened down Shaft 14, in the Deeps. You're not likely to see there any time soon: it's the most dangerous area, prone to cave-ins and occasional flash flooding. You'll probably start down Shaft 20 instead."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, thank you, we'll see you in the morning. Good night, we greatly appreciate your assistance.

Adjusting the illusionary weight of his pack, the group's leader totters off towards the 'washroom'.