Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default ((Batman and RObin))  Now Batman discusion

Ok if you think the movie sucked sign the petition just by giving a post saying "here here" or the likes. *if not...keep on walking.

because really this movie is worse than anything else... *even teh Adam West Batman isn't as bad because they were TRYING to be funny, here its just....a mess. *

you know what sign the pitition and feel free to list what other superhero or comic movie you thought sucked. *i'll start

Joel Shoemockeer is a frikking idiot. * and Catwoman sucked too

NEXT!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Default Re: Batman and RObin

*raises hand*
    Current campaign ideas at:

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

*keeps on walking* ;)
    Now if you don\'t mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

I liked Batman and Robin. Then I grew up and my mother thought it might be a good idea to rewatch some film she'd thought was bad years ago. Whenever it came on T.V.. You'd think after watching it twice she'd learn her lesson...

The Adam West Batman wasn't bad, it just knew its limitations.

i.e.: being serious in that outfit

anti-shark sprays hurt my brain
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton
    anti-shark sprays hurt my brain
    No, no, it was the shark repellant bat spray!
    Hahahaha! I loved it when the shark exploded when it hit the water. ;D

"But there was something fishy about that shark, and where there's fish there's a...Penguin!" Hahahaha!

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Caillach

No, no, it was the shark repellant bat spray!
    Hahahaha! I loved it when the shark exploded when it hit the water. ;D

"But there was something fishy about that shark, and where there's fish there's a...Penguin!" Hahahaha!
    I tried finding the tattered batman anual I read it in but could only find a 1967 one (my father's), or maybe it was in there but I missed it, oh well.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Yeah. I didn't like it.

Joel Schumacher even apologized for it.

To each his own.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

*Keeps walking because TinSoldier didn't think that it was that bad...*

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by TinSoldier
    *Keeps walking because TinSoldier didn't think that it was that bad...*
    Woot! I am stunned, but Batman and Robin is winning even on this anti-Batman-and-Robin thread! Woot! ;D

As for the original Batman movie, the one with Adam West, I believe he called it Bat-shark-repellent. One of the running jokes of the Adam West Bat-franchise is that everything was a Bat-something: Batmobile, Bat-computer, Bat-utility-belt, Bat-poles, Batargang, and let's not forget my personal favorite, Bat-thermal-underwear! :D
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

10. - Top - End - #10

people watch teh batman Subzero movie and then tell me if Batman and Robin even compares as a Batman...no a move in general

oh and btw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Films_c...the_worst_ever

not that it makes it true, but it does show that there is a strong loathing of some movies

oh and CS, just admit you love anything that makes Batman look like an idiot.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

I saw Subzero, and enjoyed it.

Just like I enjoyed Batman and Robin. ;D
    Now if you don\'t mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

I don't have a huge problem with it. It just wasn't super. There are worse movies out there.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

I finally realized what was wrong with this movie.

It didn't use Batman as he could have been used. Really, this movie was about the villains. Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze got to have the most fun in this movie. If the directors were smart, they would have cut out Batman altogether and made a brilliant comedy about Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy. As it is, the enjoyable parts I could find were the ones where the villains take the center stage.

14. - Top - End - #14

what kinda asyilum makes the women bunk with the men patients? *especially if one has a good motive and intention of killing the other?

worst implied snowman rape since the movie Jackfrost

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ing
    what kinda asyilum makes the women bunk with the men patients? especially if one has a good motive and intention of killing the other?
    Here's a Riddler riddle for you:

What kind of asylum allows its inmates to just walk out whenever they feel like it?

Answer? Certainly!

Arkham Asylum, of course. The only prison that actually builds a personalized escape tunnel into each cell for the inmate's convenience.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default The Bat and the brat

To be fair, B:TAS had its fair share of goofs around the asylum too. I recall watching the first ep with the Ventriloquist. At the end when he's carving himself a new Scarface dummy, I'm thinking, Why in hell are they letting a bunch of squirrelly a-holes have access to woodworking equipment and sharp blades? ???

Kim Possible's biggest fan!

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do. --Bob Dylan

17. - Top - End - #17

I figured that he was allowed special privleges because he was a modle and seemingly non-violent inmate.

it's probably the minimum security wing, note the whole hospitles not filled with Jokers and Crocs. it also has just kleptos and people who think they're Lincoln.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

I figured that he was allowed special privleges because he was a modle and seemingly non-violent inmate.

it's probably the minimum security wing, note the whole hospitles not filled with Jokers and Crocs. it also has just kleptos and people who think they're Lincoln.

Ing has a point. Arkham is also a normal asylum for those who aren't criminally insane. Thus meaning that if you can escape your cell it can be pretty easy to eascape the whole place.
    Current campaign ideas at:

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Bat and the brat

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis_McCrablice
    To be fair, B:TAS had its fair share of goofs around the asylum too. I recall watching the first ep with the Ventriloquist. At the end when he's carving himself a new Scarface dummy, I'm thinking, Why in hell are they letting a bunch of squirrelly a-holes have access to woodworking equipment and sharp blades? ???
    I was referring to Arkham Asylum as a whole, not just the one from the movie. Honestly, if there was a prison as mismanaged as that one then you'd have an explanation as to why criminals don't mind being sent there.

Ing has a point. Arkham is also a normal asylum for those who aren't criminally insane. Thus meaning that if you can escape your cell it can be pretty easy to eascape the whole place.
    That doesn't justify it at all. Would you want a helplessly insane mental patient running around on his own? He could hurt someone or get hurt himself, which is why there are security guards in the first place?

20. - Top - End - #20

well there have been a number of reasons given to Arkhams poor conditions

1) Johnathan Arkham is either apathetic or insane himself
    2) its built on a gateway to hell
    3) most of its employees are doubly employed half by the hospital and half by inmates themself

4) (possibly if Arkham Living Hell is cannical) Shark the "Boss" of Arkham has more control over the place then most of the doctors and for the right cut can get nearly anyone out or anything in.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

So, there's no real reason for Batman (or the police) to continue to put dangerous criminals in Arkham at all.

22. - Top - End - #22

given the often overlooking of real life serial killers by law enforcement, is it really THAT big a stretch to believe Arkyham is criminally missmanaged.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

I guess it depends on the Arkham. I recall that in Batman Beyond, they let a kid who could control machines in the common rec room where he melted the TV or something like that. It's been a while, so I'm not 100%.

-Of course, even at it's worst, Arkham is rarely as bad as a certain other hospital named Arkham, though they could easily be the same place, or maybe the same but different alternate timeline/universes...

24. - Top - End - #24

I'm of the theory that Gotham== rebuilt and renammed Innsmouth

and to their favor in BB, they didn't know he had psychic powers...they just thought he hyjacked a powerful peice of construction equipment for a joyride

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

given the often overlooking of real life serial killers by law enforcement, is it really THAT big a stretch to believe Arkyham is criminally missmanaged.
    No, but it's a really huge stretch to believe that Batman, Commissioner Gordon, Mayor Hill, and the District Attorney would continue to put dangerous people like Harley Quinn, Two-Face, and the Joker in a prison that cannot hold them.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by King Steward

No, but it's a really huge stretch to believe that Batman, Commissioner Gordon, Mayor Hill, and the District Attorney would continue to put dangerous people like Harley Quinn, Two-Face, and the Joker in a prison that cannot hold them.
    Ah but that's just before you realise that they WANT them to escape.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King Steward
    Do any of those guys have any say in the matter? I would think the judges and/or the Department of Corrections would be the people responsible for actually putting the baddies in Arkham over and over and over again.

I think it's a two-part bribe. Part one goes to the judge to approve the insanity defense (most of Batman's enemies seem to know the difference between right and wrong, they just don't seem to care), and part two goes to some clerk in the Department of Corrections to ensure that the villain goes to Arkham instead of some other institution that takes security seriously.
    --Carmen Clemons

28. - Top - End - #28

well there are a few that are guininly insane

the Ventriloquist and Mr. Scar Face: Guy's not in control of what his other half does

Harvy Dent/Two Face: same deal, Harvy has no apparent control over what Two Face does

Harley Quinne: something's just not right with that girl

Mad Hatter: has a varying but often loose grip on reality, manic depression and obsession

Edward Nigma: is obsesive compulsive

Joker: is a sociopath...but generally it seems they keep him just because they're fascinated with studying him rather than an earnest attempt to cure him

Firefly: is a pyromaniac

Penguin: is not criminally insane but he may be OCD, though often he goes to prison

Poison Ivy: obsessive

Croc: has some anti-social tendencies...but this dosn't make him legally insane, its reveled at least once that he gets off on mercy pleas and by playing sympathy stories.

Mr. Fries: is seemingly bi-polar and chronic depressent.

so yah a lot are legally insane, others fake it, and some have an insanity which seems to get them put in Arkyham even though other cities wouldn't see that as releavent to their crimes

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

I always thought that all of Batman's traditional foes were mentally ill, but still sane enough that they really ought to be in prison, not a hospital.

Given that they still send them to Arkham, I kind of have to wonder about Gotham's mentally ill criminals that don't dress up in funny outfits. Do they end up in Arkham as well, or do they end up in the prison system like they do in the real world?
    --Carmen Clemons

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen

Do any of those guys have any say in the matter? I would think the judges and/or the Department of Corrections would be the people responsible for actually putting the baddies in Arkham over and over and over again.
    Why would the Department of Corrections (the entire Department of Corrections!?) want random sociopaths like the Joker on the streets? They have even less of a reason than Batman to let him go since they don't interact with him personally.

I think it's a two-part bribe. Part one goes to the judge to approve the insanity defense (most of Batman's enemies seem to know the difference between right and wrong, they just don't seem to care), and part two goes to some clerk in the Department of Corrections to ensure that the villain goes to Arkham instead of some other institution that takes security seriously.
    Who pays for this? I can see Rupert Thorne or the Penguin doling out bribes like this, but they don't get sent to Arkham and don't have any reason to want to spend all of their money getting the Joker out of prison every few weeks. And I really don't think that the police lets the insane asylum inmates keep the money they steal.

I always thought that all of Batman's traditional foes were mentally ill, but still sane enough that they really ought to be in prison, not a hospital.
    Some of them are mentally ill, but it would be a bit risible to send Ventriloquis and Harvey Dent to an actual prison without curing them of Mr. Scarface and Two-Face.