Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Alchemistmerlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Batman vs. His parents



    I guess he needed more prep-time ;D
    "So...the orphan attacked you?
    "Aye"
    "And so you cut him down with your axe in self defense."
    "Aye..."
    "I don't believe you."
    "Damn...would ye believe that th' orphan was an alien?"
    "No"
    "Damn."

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Saithis Bladewing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Batman vs. His parents

    ;D

    Priceless! ;D
    A GreatOld One...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Bookman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman vs. His parents

    haha when I intially clicked on this I was gonna say "He couldn't win because if he could battle his parents they would have never died and Batman would have never happened" But that was........interesting
    Ceikatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer
    Homeschoolers pwn
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibar
    Hey, whatja know.
    Homeschoolers do pwn.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Jack Mann's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006

    Default Re: Batman vs. His parents

    Superman has about five seconds before Batman snaps out of it and delivers a kryptonite enema.
    I am a poor man, some say Im half crazy,
    son of the sword and the knife
    Lady I pledge you my sword and my honor,
    my heart and my pride and my life
    --Bella Doa, by Joe Bethancourt
    Spoiler
    Show


    Alas, poor Draknir. By Mephibosheth

    Owl-atar by KingGolem
    You will be missed, dear 'stache...

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Alchemistmerlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman vs. His parents

    Quote Originally Posted by JackMann
    Superman has about five seconds before Batman snaps out of it and delivers a kryptonite enema.

    You mean with his kryptonite ring?



    Yeeeeeeeeeeeah.

    Bat-Tsh
    "So...the orphan attacked you?
    "Aye"
    "And so you cut him down with your axe in self defense."
    "Aye..."
    "I don't believe you."
    "Damn...would ye believe that th' orphan was an alien?"
    "No"
    "Damn."

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Holy_Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Batman vs. His parents

    While those cartoons are funny (and props for the Zorro reference), that's not really Superman. Maybe if instead of Superman it was "totally evil ******* Superman vs. Batman"... ;)
    HUMANS....... ARE....... SUPERIORRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    But she was naked! And all... articulate!!

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Alchemistmerlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman vs. His parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy_Knight
    While those cartoons are funny (and props for the Zorro reference), that's not really Superman. Maybe if instead of Superman it was "totally evil ******* Superman vs. Batman"... ;)
    Please see second part of second posted comic. ;D

    Also: PUPPETS!

    Banjo be praised ;D
    "So...the orphan attacked you?
    "Aye"
    "And so you cut him down with your axe in self defense."
    "Aye..."
    "I don't believe you."
    "Damn...would ye believe that th' orphan was an alien?"
    "No"
    "Damn."

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Holy_Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Batman vs. His parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemistmerlin

    Please see second part of second posted comic. ;D
    No.
    HUMANS....... ARE....... SUPERIORRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    But she was naked! And all... articulate!!

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    dung on the Missouri Bootheel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Parent trap

    See the B:TAS episodes "Nothing to Fear" and "Perchance to Dream". Bruce's greatest fear is letting his parents down, and in a Scarecrow gas-induced nightmare sequence he sees Thomas and Martha's angry ghosts berating him. When Hatter shows him his ideal life, with his parents living, he also notes that he's become somewhat of a milquetoast living under Thomas' thumb.

    Incidentally, in the series Scarecrow was terrified of bats. But in the comic his greatest fear was birds. Quite ironic....


    Kim Possible's biggest fan!


    A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do. --Bob Dylan

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Jack Mann's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006

    Default Re: Batman vs. His parents

    The problem is, Alchy, that Superman's a wuss. He's also not very bright compared to Batman. He wouldn't toss him into the sun because of the first reason, and he wouldn't be able to because of the second reason. Sorry.
    I am a poor man, some say Im half crazy,
    son of the sword and the knife
    Lady I pledge you my sword and my honor,
    my heart and my pride and my life
    --Bella Doa, by Joe Bethancourt
    Spoiler
    Show


    Alas, poor Draknir. By Mephibosheth

    Owl-atar by KingGolem
    You will be missed, dear 'stache...

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Saithis Bladewing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Batman vs. His parents

    While Superman WOULDN'T do it, he's certainly capable of doing it. The point being made is that brains only goes so far when it comes to defeating brawn. You still need both or you'll never stand a chance against anyone.
    A GreatOld One...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Jack Mann's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006

    Default Re: Batman vs. His parents

    True. That's where a good supply of synthetic kryptonite comes in.
    I am a poor man, some say Im half crazy,
    son of the sword and the knife
    Lady I pledge you my sword and my honor,
    my heart and my pride and my life
    --Bella Doa, by Joe Bethancourt
    Spoiler
    Show


    Alas, poor Draknir. By Mephibosheth

    Owl-atar by KingGolem
    You will be missed, dear 'stache...

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Alchemistmerlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman vs. His parents



    Ok, so he wouldn't kill Mary Sue, perhaps you're right. But, he HAS given people eye-beam lobotomies before, so it is quite possible he'd do it again. Example.
    "So...the orphan attacked you?
    "Aye"
    "And so you cut him down with your axe in self defense."
    "Aye..."
    "I don't believe you."
    "Damn...would ye believe that th' orphan was an alien?"
    "No"
    "Damn."

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Danville

    Default Re: Batman vs. His parents

    Quote Originally Posted by JackMann
    The problem is, Alchy, that Superman's a wuss. He's also not very bright compared to Batman. He wouldn't toss him into the sun because of the first reason, and he wouldn't be able to because of the second reason. Sorry.
    What about Lord Superman from that episode of JL with the Justice Lords? He is very, very mean.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    here
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman vs. His parents

    five seconds to the superdickery link...
    To be a man is, precisely, to be responsible.
    Antoine de Saint-Exupry

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006

    Default Re: Batman vs. His parents


  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Great White North

    Default Re: Batman vs. His parents

    Yuck. These things are sick. :P

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    warmachine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Reading, England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman vs. His parents

    The super lobotomy wouldn't stop Superman's human identity being exposed. If it is Batman preventing the release by periodicall stopping it, in dead man switch fashion, he is no longer in a position to do this. The secret would still be released. If someone else checking for Batman's death in the newspapers, they'd eventually notice the absense of stories, make inquiries then assume he's dead anyway. Even if such a person discovers Batman is lobotomised, he'd trigger the release anyway to retaliate.

    "But the text says in the event of his death" you say. This isn't AD&D. There is no magic that checks against a specific meaning. Even if there was, Batman uses mundane, high tech, not magic. The mundane is driven by local causation and mechanism, not high level, god-like knowledge.

    Compromised identities are still better than a lobotomy, so Superman would still win, but it's a poor victory.
    Matthew Greet
    My purpose in life is to play games.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Alchemistmerlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman vs. His parents

    Quote Originally Posted by warmachine
    The super lobotomy wouldn't stop Superman's human identity being exposed. If it is Batman preventing the release by periodicall stopping it, in dead man switch fashion, he is no longer in a position to do this. The secret would still be released. If someone else checking for Batman's death in the newspapers, they'd eventually notice the absense of stories, make inquiries then assume he's dead anyway. Even if such a person discovers Batman is lobotomised, he'd trigger the release anyway to retaliate.

    "But the text says in the event of his death" you say. This isn't AD&D. There is no magic that checks against a specific meaning. Even if there was, Batman uses mundane, high tech, not magic. The mundane is driven by local causation and mechanism, not high level, god-like knowledge.

    Compromised identities are still better than a lobotomy, so Superman would still win, but it's a poor victory.

    "Hi,
    You may not remember me, but I'm your sense of humor. I'm the little being that's there to tell you when something isn't meant to be taken seriously. Somewhere along the way, you abandoned me in a truck stop. I really didn't appreciate that, but I'm back now, and would really love to be your companion again. I understand if you don't want me back, I'm sure you're getting along just fine being a boring person who over analyzes life.

    Also, the sun says Hi, he thinks you should go outside more often.

    Sincerely,
    Your Sense of Humor.

    P.S. Please get back to me soon"


    ::)


    Also: There's no magic in the DC universe? Wow, and I thought huge portions of the very plausability of their world hinged on it.

    You're one of those people who REALLY shouldn't be reading comic books, for the sake of your own sanity and the sanity of others.
    "So...the orphan attacked you?
    "Aye"
    "And so you cut him down with your axe in self defense."
    "Aye..."
    "I don't believe you."
    "Damn...would ye believe that th' orphan was an alien?"
    "No"
    "Damn."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •