New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Nightcrawler Vs. Spiderman

The wall-crawlers clash! Who will win? The wiz-kid or the pious wonder? Obviously, Spiderman is stronger, but first he has to FIND the teleporting, light-absorbing little demon priest. Though his Spidey-senses certainly will help him in this respect, do they extend to the alternate dimension, and will NCs crazy, spine-twisting acrobatics throw the Spider for a loop? Discuss!
    Shalom

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Nightcrawler Vs. Spiderman

Nightcrawler, hands down. I have my reasons.

3. - Top - End - #3

A tie in a straight up fight and a tie with preparation. :P
    Groom to the Haberdasher's Daughter.

Freddy Krueger by Ink, Flabbicus by Lord Herman, Rilik by Ceika.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

I can't believe I'm responding to one of these. Nightcrawler just 'cause he's cooler. ::)

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer
    I can't believe I'm responding to one of these. Nightcrawler just 'cause he's cooler. ::)
    It's because we're dealing with more mundane yet superhuman power levels now, not to mention the coolest cats of the bunch :D.

I like my main man Nichtcrawler, but I figured there'd be some convincing arguments for Spidey as well...it's a close match (maybe).
    Shalom

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

That's why it's a tie! They are both too cool! :P
    Groom to the Haberdasher's Daughter.

Freddy Krueger by Ink, Flabbicus by Lord Herman, Rilik by Ceika.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

I have to go with nightcrawler. You can't beat a blue guy.

8. - Top - End - #8

I also favor Nightcrawler because he's cooler. And more awesome.

Nightcrawler and Spiderman are presumably equal in acrobatic skill. That leaves their extras:

Nightcrawler:
    Prehensile tail
    Teleportation
    Fencing ability
    Blends into shadows

Spiderman:
    Web-slingers (can be disabled or can run out)
    Spider-sense
    Greater strength/endurance

I can't see Spiderman getting enough web fluid on Nightcrawler to slow him down or stop him, given Nightcrawler's teleporting abilities. Nightcrawler could probably also teleport free of any web the Spiderman could get on him. Nightcrawler's smoke residue would also make it more difficult for Spidey to locate him, unless Nightcrawler attacks him and triggers his Spider-sense. Even so, Nightcrawler could probably wear Spidey down a bit before Spidey could get a solid hit. I'd give the fight to Nightcrawler, particularly since both combatants are unlikely to fight to the death, since both have demonstrated a willingness to put themselves at risk to prevent the deaths of their opponents.

Plus I like Nightcrawler better.
    a secret to everybody.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Are we talking about classic Spiderman? Totem spirit Spiderman? Mech-suit Spiderman? I think his Spider-sense will give him the edge in any case. Nightcrawler's main advantage in a fight is his ability to catch an opponent off-guard and that's nearly impossible to do with Spiderman. Plus Spiderman has Nightcrawler outclassed in terms of strength.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer
    Aw, come on, Batman really does always win if that's the criterion. ;)

Anyway, as for the actual topic--I think this would be a very close fight. Neither one would be able to get a hit on each other, because Nightcrawler can teleport, and Spiderman's Spider Sense would warn him ahead of time. I see this as a very long, drawn out fight where either the loser is the one who tires out first, or the fight ends in a draw. Maybe if we factor in Peter's abysmal luck, Nightcrawler wins it.
    HUMANS....... ARE....... SUPERIORRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But she was naked! And all... articulate!!

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Holy_Knight

Anyway, as for the actual topic--I think this would be a very close fight. Neither one would be able to get a hit on each other, because Nightcrawler can teleport, and Spiderman's Spider Sense would warn him ahead of time. I see this as a very long, drawn out fight where either the loser is the one who tires out first, or the fight ends in a draw. Maybe if we factor in Peter's abysmal luck, Nightcrawler wins it.
    Actually, I was saying that may or may not be true. Can Spidey's sense detect NC before he appears? (as he is in a seperate dimension) Maybe, maybe not. Also, Nightcrawly presumably has greater acrobatic ability posessing a spine that can be contorted and twisted into almost any feasible position (as well as the extremely strong tail), whereas Spidey has greater endurance/strength.
    Shalom

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

I seem to remember there being a limit to how much teleporting nightcrawler can do every day. Can anyone confirm this?

13. - Top - End - #13

at firs he could only teleport about once a day and only withing maybe 50-80 feet. with practice he's gottin better so he can do many many short jumps before he tires out. pretty much his onlylimit now is how disorienting it is to disapear and reapear in so many places. makes you very dizzy.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Idiotbox90
    I seem to remember there being a limit to how much teleporting nightcrawler can do every day. Can anyone confirm this?
    From what I understand of everything I've ever seen of the normally established Nightcrawler, he has a very high tolerance to his teleportaion "wooziness," and can do it loads (if not near infinitely). However, others get very disconcerted and often even pass out through the process, so a tactic he has been known to use is just grabbing them and teleporting them a bunch against their will (or, as a I read, the Age of Apocalypse more sadistic Nightcrawler was known for teleporting body parts...without the bodies).
    Shalom

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Holy_Knight

I have to agree with Holy Nugat on all but one point: if we're basing who wins off who's the coolest, Superman wins hands down.

The Nightcrawler portrayed in X-Men: Evolution (which I call X-Teens) didn't seem to have any limit on his teleportation abilities, in which case I agree with Holy Knight that it would probably be a long, inconclusive fight. If as suggested by others on this thread, however, Nightcrawler startst to tire after a few teleports, I'd give it to Spiderman. Although if Nighcrawler can feel his limit coming, he'd probably just teleport out, returning the outcome of the fight to inconclusivity. :D

Edit: With regard to the Spider sense, I'd say that it's irrelevant whether the sense can detect Nightcrawler in another dimension. What matters is whether the sense is precognitive, and thus can detect something (like Nightcrawler's reappearance in this dimension) before it happens. In the first Spiderman movie, the museum tour director mentioned that some spiders have reactions so fast that they border on precongition, so I'd give this one to Spiderman.
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wait, Nightcrawler has his three swords correct? I would assume so, since spidy has his webslingers, but I got to say, Spidy.

There is asbsolutely no way in hell NC could get enough good hits in before Spidy got lucky.

I mean, with his Spider-sense and already amazing reflexes(Which IMO are better than NC's to begin with) he's practically unhittable. Then ontop of that, he's faster, stronger, and smarter. How can he loose?

17. - Top - End - #17

but nightcrawler has god on his side while spiderman is a servetn of the evil godless science!

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Ing
    but nightcrawler has god on his side while spiderman is a servetn of the evil godless science!
    I lol'd.

@ Thizz, huh? In your opinion, Spidy has better reflexes? That doesn't hold much weight...all you really said is, "NC couldn't hit Spidy becasue I said so." Ok...
    Shalom

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ing
    Evil godless science? I wish that was still true. Apparently, the spider is Peter Parker's totem animal.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well I mean think about it, he's been in countless fights, and is in his prime! He has experience and is at his peak physical condition.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Thizz-face
    Well I mean think about it, he's been in countless fights, and is in his prime! He has experience and is at his peak physical condition.
    And all that doesn't apply to Nightcrawler as well?
    Shalom

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not the expierence...I dont think...But okay, fine maybe they have the same reflexes, but he also has spidy sense plus he faster stronger and smarter. STILL tell me how NC wins?

23. - Top - End - #23

nightcrawler is a trianed master fencer...that gives him an advantage agianst the untrained spiderman. i'm sorry to say

24. - Top - End - #24

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by amodman

I lol'd.

@ Thizz, huh? In your opinion, Spidy has better reflexes? That doesn't hold much weight...all you really said is, "NC couldn't hit Spidy becasue I said so." Ok...
    Well I read both the Marvel website and the Wikipedia website. Marvel says that he's a superb acrobat, but nothing about superhuman reflexes. Wikipedia says he does have superhuman reflexes. I'd tend to go with what Marvel's site says. But even with superb reflexes, he should land a blow occasionally. The thing is, Spiderman is stronger than a human, and I don't think that Nightcrawler is, so even if Nightcrawler his occasionally it seems like he won't do nearly the damage that Spiderman will do to him--and more frequently. So I'm still giving this to Spiderman. :)

The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Thizz-face
    Not the expierence...I dont think...But okay, fine maybe they have the same reflexes, but he also has spidy sense plus he faster stronger and smarter. STILL tell me how NC wins?
    Faster? No (this would actually go to Nightcrawler...considering he teleports). Stronger? Yes. Smarter? No, at least not in wits and strategy. Spidy may be a science wiz, but NC is still extremely intelligent, and we know he's no dummy when it comes to medics or mechanics either. It's an interesting match, w/o devious tactics on either end, though you know they'd eventually have to resort to them or draw. NC, for instance, could wear Peter out teleporting him all over the place against his will, or Peter could attempt to come up with some sort of strategy anticipating where NC would appear next.

edit: "Superhuman Reflexes" is essentially in reference to his Spiderlike reflexes, aka, Spider sense, CS.
    Shalom

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Planetar

Faster? No (this would actually go to Nightcrawler...considering he teleports). Stronger? Yes. Smarter? No, at least not in wits and strategy. Spidy may be a science wiz, but NC is still extremely intelligent, and we know he's no dummy when it comes to medics or mechanics either. It's an interesting match, w/o devious tactics on either end, though you know they'd eventually have to resort to them or draw. NC, for instance, could wear Peter out teleporting him all over the place against his will, or Peter could attempt to come up with some sort of strategy anticipating where NC would appear next.
    The ability to teleport might mean that he could arrive at some distant locale faster, but it doesn't make his body faster. Spiderman likely could punch him out before he could teleport away.

Also, according to the Marvel website, Nightcrawler does indeed get tired out from teleporting, so his best bet once he starts to lose is probably to teleport away from the fight.

Edit: In most contexts, when someone refers to reflexes, they refer to the speed with which you can act and react. So for instance, who quickly you can throw a punch and not just how quickly you can react to someone throwing a punch. Spiderman has the spider sense, which allows him to dodge quickly (or before something quite happens) but he also has superhuman reflexes in the general sense, and can throw a punch with superhuman speed.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStick
    The ability to teleport might mean that he could arrive at some distant locale faster, but it doesn't make his body faster. Spiderman likely could punch him out before he could teleport away.
    Not quite. A very common tactic NC often uses and has strictly trained himself to do is his super fast disapearing/re-appearing act landing a million and a half blows on 1+ opponents before they can even react. See the white house scene in X2 (which was a decent representation). Notice that they were shooting him. Is Spiderman's fist now faster than a speeding bullet?

edit: For all those thinking NC "couldn't land a punch on Spidy," besides the above tactic, I will quote the Wikipedia descritption of the other I have already referenced - "The process of teleportation places a tremendous strain on his endurance and that of any passengers. Extensive training has raised his tolerance for teleportation, but most of his passengers lack this tolerance. Therefore, one of his tactics is to grab opponents and make several quick teleportations with them. They usually are weakened or even pass out from the strain. His more ruthless counterpart in the Age of Apocalypse story line used this same trick with a small twist, generally bringing only certain parts of his opponents with him. He removed Deadpool's head in this way, killing him."
    Shalom

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

His costume is bulletproof against small caliber bullets, so I don't think rapiers will do much. That is assuming that Nightcrawler can even hit him.

29. - Top - End - #29

Planetar

Not quite. A very common tactic NC often uses and has strictly trained himself to do is his super fast disapearing/re-appearing act landing a million and a half blows on 1+ opponents before they can even react. See the white house scene in X2 (which was a decent representation). Notice that they were shooting him. Is Spiderman's fist now faster than a speeding bullet?

edit: For all those thinking NC "couldn't land a punch on Spidy," besides the above tactic, I will quote the Wikipedia descritption of the other I have already referenced - "The process of teleportation places a tremendous strain on his endurance and that of any passengers. Extensive training has raised his tolerance for teleportation, but most of his passengers lack this tolerance. Therefore, one of his tactics is to grab opponents and make several quick teleportations with them. They usually are weakened or even pass out from the strain. His more ruthless counterpart in the Age of Apocalypse story line used this same trick with a small twist, generally bringing only certain parts of his opponents with him. He removed Deadpool's head in this way, killing him."
    I should have been more clear: the ability to teleport doesn't mean that he can move his body faster.

Now maybe he can move his body faster than Spiderman can. There's nothing on either website about Nightcrawler being faster than a speeding bullet, so it's not necessary for Spiderman to be able to punch faster than a speeding bullet in order to hit him. If X2 shows Nightcrawler moving faster than a speeding bullet, it appears to be a gross misrepresentation of all previous and subsequent representations of him.

So perhaps we need to specify whether we're talking about the standard Nightcrawler or the faster-than-a-speeding-bullet Nightcrawler.

If Nightcrawler can teleport away with parts of your body, body, he could probably kill almost anyone, unless there were some limits on the ability. For instance, if it's more difficult to teleport away with the head of someone invulnerable than of a normal human. Spiderman seems to fall in between, so maybe that wouldn't be an option for Nightcrawler. But if he can teleport away with anyone's head, then he can kill Spiderman that way.

To anyone's knowledge, have Spiderman and Nightcrawler actually ever fought?
    Edit: I did a quick web search, and found that there are a number of sites that host a discussion of Spiderman v. Nightcrawler. As with our thread, opinions fell on both sides. :)

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStick
    I should have been more clear: the ability to teleport doesn't mean that he can move his body faster.

Now maybe he can move his body faster than Spiderman can. There's nothing on either website about Nightcrawler being faster than a speeding bullet, so it's not necessary for Spiderman to be able to punch faster than a speeding bullet in order to hit him. If X2 shows Nightcrawler moving faster than a speeding bullet, it appears to be a gross misrepresentation of all previous and subsequent representations of him.

So perhaps we need to specify whether we're talking about the standard Nightcrawler or the faster-than-a-speeding-bullet Nightcrawler.

If Nightcrawler can teleport away with parts of your body, body, he could probably kill almost anyone, unless there were some limits on the ability. For instance, if it's more difficult to teleport away with the head of someone invulnerable than of a normal human. Spiderman seems to fall in between, so maybe that wouldn't be an option for Nightcrawler. But if he can teleport away with anyone's head, then he can kill Spiderman that way.

To anyone's knowledge, have Spiderman and Nightcrawler actually ever fought?
    Not to mine they haven't, *shrugs*. As for the "faster-than-a-speeding-bullet" Nightcrawler, that in fact isn't a mis-representation. He isn't faster, but his teleportation is. And though he may lack spidy-senses, he is trained to be aware of the battefield. He can bamf in and out of this dimension exactly as fast as they portrayed him.

As for the head, notice it said he killed Deadpool in AoA. Deadpool essentially is on par with Wolverine healing-factor wise. Though, the "real" Nightcrawler would never use that tactic. That's something the more demented version of him did...he normally just wears his opponents out to unconciousness by grabbing them and *bamf bamf bamf*, if you will.

edit: How dare I say he poofs! Nightcrawler bamfs! ;)
    Shalom

Spoiler
    Show