Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 31
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Dawnstrider_Moogle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    This is a pretty even matchup, I think. I think Spiderman is stronger than the batsuit's strength enhancements, but of course Terry has a whole slew of options there that Spidey doesn't (I know Spidey has an Iron Man suit now, but that hurts my head so much I don't even want to think about it).

    Bonus round: what if it was Ultimate Spiderman vs. first season or so Terry? :P
    Be bold, and powerful forces will come to your aid.

    Darian Dawnstrider Avatar by Sampi

    Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    KAPOW!

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    The new Batman isn't much of a thinker, and the old one's main strength WAS thinking, hence all the "blah blah preparation blah blah" arguments.

    Edit: I forgot to actually say who I thought the winner was... Spiderman, as Terry is all physical, which is similar to a lot of Spiderman's enemies.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Danville

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    I think that Spiderman would win. He has the sheer physical ability to overcome Terry's suit, although I do think that it'll be a close fight.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    in a straight up fight batman losses
    he wins with preperation

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
     
    The Glyphstone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Quote Originally Posted by Ing
    in a straight up fight batman losses
    he wins with preperation
    Except that doesn't apply here...Batman and Batman Beyond are two completely different people, different superheroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GungHo, on Battletech
    The Atlas is also goofy but it has that whole "Stay Puft Marshmallow Man" menacing smile thing going for it. The guy who drew that one up was obviously taken to the Nutcracker when he was a child... and he was screaming in terror the entire time.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Enterti, Cogidubnus
    Glyphstone, out of all the playground I think you scare me the most...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombimode
    Glyphstone, you are an evil person :D

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    I gave the original Batman v. Spiderman to Batman, though I said I thought it was a tough matchup. Peter Parker is supposed to be a genius, so he's got the mental going for him as well as the physical. On the flip side, I'm not sure that Spiderman's supposed to be just all that strong. Terry's suit enhances his strength, and it allows him to actually fly rather than swinging slowly on a rope--or strand of silk--plus he can fire the rockets into Spiderman's face. He's also got a ton of gadgets to blind, entangle or otherwise thwart Spiderman. In the series Batman Beyond he also usually has Bruce on the radio to make suggestions. So I'm going to give it to Batman Beyond, on points. No knockouts here.
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

    The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    nah spiderman is strong enough to lift small cars over his head and lift one end of a bus up....much stronger than the enhanced Batman one, which just put Terry up to the same level Bruce got to naturall (evidenced by the Joker being able to stand his ground in a fistycuffs match) i'm going with spiderman

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TinSoldier's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Well the point is that Terry has the real Batman for the preparation. Barring any unforseen problems of communication, Batman prepares and Terry executes.

    Batman wins, even if Terry deviates from the plan due to circumstances.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    ah but spiderman is the master of improve (aka winging it) and has proven very able to think on his feat.... so it boils down to the old question superior stratagy or superior adaptability...which wins out

    like the old soviot vs American chess matches....

    which i might add superior adapatability and innovation eventually won out. pt to spidy



    wait which spidy are we doing?

    classic
    ultimate
    wolverine stinger claw super spider?
    iron (aka never let the town drunk dress you) spidy?


    either way lets look as some points

    *Flying: advantage to...no one. spidy's fought enough fliers on a daily basis (such as Volture) that he can counter it and use it agianst them with incredible ease.
    *strength: spidy...especally the new totem pole spider man
    *mobility and agility: spidy
    *equipment: batman...or with the iron suite, tie
    *stratagy: batman...dosn't even have to do it himself as he has an old guy to work on it while he focuses 100% on the fight
    stealth: Spidy...he can be very sneaky when he needs to be and batman's stealth isn't gonna do much agianst spidy's 6th sense


    therefore i give advantage to Spidy...but its a close one

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    With preperation Spider man would still win. Remember, the kid's a genius....Spider-man is known for losing, and Peter Parker is known for getting some rest and figuring out how to defeat the bad guy.

    And without preperation, Spider man would throw a car at him...

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Quote Originally Posted by Thizz-face
    With preperation Spider man would still win. Remember, the kid's a genius....Spider-man is known for losing, and Peter Parker is known for getting some rest and figuring out how to defeat the bad guy.

    And without preperation, Spider man would throw a car at him...
    The Spiderman of my day did not, as I recall, throw cars. Marvel must have made him considerably stronger over the years.

    The Batman Beyond suit raised the wearer's strength beyond mere human strength, so that Terry in the suit, like Bruce in the suit, was stronger than Bruce not in the suit. I don't know why anyone would even think otherwise. The "Joker" that Batman Beyond fought wasn't the real Joker, but Tim Drake, rather unbelievably transformed into the Joker by havint Joker's personality imprinted on him as a kid. The whole story was stupid. In any case, I've seen Joker given Batman a run for his money in a fist-fight; indeed, I've even seen Penguin do it. For years Batman was only marginally better in physical combat than these Supervillains. That too seems pretty stupid, given that Bruce trained with the best martial-artists (at least in more recent years; originally he just was good at punching and kicking and had no formal training) but these villains become uninteresting if Batman can easily defeat them in hand to hand.

    I'd forgotten about the suit's stealth mode. I think that would give Terry a bigger advantage, although Spiderman's 6th sense might operate to negate it. Still I have to give a bit of an advantage to Terry.

    If Spiderman is really strong enough to throw cars now, whether he has an advantage depends in part on how much Terry's suit absorbs shock. Is it supposed to be bulletproof like the rubber suit of the Batman movies? If so, then I'd still give the advantage to Terry. If, however, Spiderman is strong enough to throw cars and the Batman Beyond suit isn't bulletproof, I'd give the advantage to Spiderman because in that caes one punch could collapse Batman's ribcage or skull.
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

    The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TinSoldier's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStick
    The "Joker" that Batman Beyond fought wasn't the real Joker, but Tim Drake, rather unbelievably transformed into the Joker by havint Joker's personality imprinted on him as a kid. The whole story was stupid.
    Thank you. As much as I like Batman Beyond, I agree that it was a stupid story line.

    The movie was okay, but the plot sucked.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Quote Originally Posted by TinSoldier
    Thank you. As much as I like Batman Beyond, I agree that it was a stupid story line.

    The movie was okay, but the plot sucked.
    It was nice that they tried to tie in Tim Drake and the old (dead) Joker, but they did it in a way that just didn't come across as believable--and that says a lot, considering that the story is set in a fantasy universe.

    Edit: It might have worked better if they'd had some magic-using villain somehow transform Tim Drake into the Joker, so that we could believe the physical transformation. That would have required a more complicated storyline, with some sort of motivation for the magic-using villain to bother with the transformation, and wouldn't have emphasized the nasty nature of the Joker. Maybe they would have done better just to have avoided the whole thing?
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

    The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Holy_Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    The "Return of the Joker" story was basically just depressing, I thought. It also came out around the time when Superman: TAS ended, which was also really depressing... and when Superman met Terry in Batman Beyond that was really depressing too. What is it with the WB writers around then?

    To go back to the original topic, since I thought Spiderman would win vs. the real Batman, I think he wins against Terry, too. (Batman could win round 2 against Spiderman, but I think the first round almost certainly goes to Peter.)
    HUMANS....... ARE....... SUPERIORRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    But she was naked! And all... articulate!!

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Dawnstrider_Moogle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStick
    If Spiderman is really strong enough to throw cars now, whether he has an advantage depends in part on how much Terry's suit absorbs shock. Is it supposed to be bulletproof like the rubber suit of the Batman movies? If so, then I'd still give the advantage to Terry. If, however, Spiderman is strong enough to throw cars and the Batman Beyond suit isn't bulletproof, I'd give the advantage to Spiderman because in that caes one punch could collapse Batman's ribcage or skull.
    Terry's suit is bulletproof, laserproof, has withstood some degree of superpowered punching (not Superman-level, but it's safe to say Spidey would have to wail on it a while before breaking straight through), and I think the limit of its resilience is that it was very badly damaged when Terry threw himself on a grenade - circuitry was exposed - but Terry himself was fine.

    I really, really cannot figure out which way this would go...which is kind of why I posted the topic in the first place, you know.
    Be bold, and powerful forces will come to your aid.

    Darian Dawnstrider Avatar by Sampi

    Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    KAPOW!

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Closet_Skeleton's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ēast Seaxna rīc
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnstrider_Moogle
    This is a pretty even matchup, I think. I think Spiderman is stronger than the batsuit's strength enhancements, but of course Terry has a whole slew of options there that Spidey doesn't (I know Spidey has an Iron Man suit now, but that hurts my head so much I don't even want to think about it).

    Bonus round: what if it was Ultimate Spiderman vs. first season or so Terry? :P
    They gave Spider-man an Iron suit? That seems wieird. I can only think of the alternate universe Spider-man from one of the cartoons that got rich by selling his web-slingers, still had a living uncle Ben and everyone in his dimension new that Peter Parker was spiderman because he was a celeberaty... It was some kind of "The Beyonder makes Spider-man team up with tons of alternate universe Spider-mans to fight an alternate universe Spider-man that had bonded with Carnage" story if I can remember some cartoon I watched at least 5 years ago. I don't know if that was a comic based story or not.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

    When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.


  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfLad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    a room

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    I'd give the edge to Spidey in the long run. Even if he's beat, he usually can regroup and beat his opponent up the next time they meet.

    And Spidey's got strength proportionate to a spider, so he's pretty strong.

    What I want to know is, how strong is Terry? If Spiderman layered him up in a cocoon, could he break out?
    a secret to everybody.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy_Knight
    The "Return of the Joker" story was basically just depressing, I thought. It also came out around the time when Superman: TAS ended, which was also really depressing... and when Superman met Terry in Batman Beyond that was really depressing too. What is it with the WB writers around then?

    To go back to the original topic, since I thought Spiderman would win vs. the real Batman, I think he wins against Terry, too. (Batman could win round 2 against Spiderman, but I think the first round almost certainly goes to Peter.)
    I miss the New Batman/Superman Adventures and the JL/JLU. (I actually missed the final season of JLU, which apparently the Cartoon Network ran at odd intervals.) What was depressing about Terry meeting Superman though. I think it has been established in several media over the decades that Superman possessed either immortality or superlongevity (depending on the when and where). As I recall, DC did a series in the 1960s or early 1970s set it the future where all kryptonite had been removed from the universe and everyone Superman had know had died long ago. He wanted to be killed, but nobody could do it, as DC hadn't yet made him vulnerable to magic.

    I also recall an episode of Smallville in which an old lady who can see the future just sees Clark flying on forever without end. There have been other references too, such as what I believe might have been the episode in which Terry met the future Justice League, which included a slightly-aged Superman in a sharp black outfight with a silver S on the chest.

    I recall that you gave Spiderman the edge over Batman in that other thread, and as you'll recall, I was surprised. I gave Batman an edge there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnstrider_Moogle

    Terry's suit is bulletproof, laserproof, has withstood some degree of superpowered punching (not Superman-level, but it's safe to say Spidey would have to wail on it a while before breaking straight through), and I think the limit of its resilience is that it was very badly damaged when Terry threw himself on a grenade - circuitry was exposed - but Terry himself was fine.

    I really, really cannot figure out which way this would go...which is kind of why I posted the topic in the first place, you know.
    Hmm. It sounds like the Batman Beyond suit might give Terry some serious insulation against Spiderman's punches. I think that combined with the rockets, the other gadgets, and the advice from Bruce probably gives Terry the edge.
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

    The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Holy_Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStick
    I miss the New Batman/Superman Adventures and the JL/JLU. (I actually missed the final season of JLU, which apparently the Cartoon Network ran at odd intervals.)
    I miss those too. Although actually, I haven't gotten to see any of the JLU cartoons, since I don't get Cartoon Network.

    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStick
    What was depressing about Terry meeting Superman though.
    In the episode I'm thinking of, they come to find out that Superman has been controlled by an alien life form for quite some time (I want to say like a couple decades, but I forget exactly how long now). I thought that was pretty depressing, the idea of Clark being mind-controlled and essentially "dead" for all that time.

    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStick
    I think it has been established in several media over the decades that Superman possessed either immortality or superlongevity (depending on the when and where). As I recall, DC did a series in the 1960s or early 1970s set it the future where all kryptonite had been removed from the universe and everyone Superman had know had died long ago. He wanted to be killed, but nobody could do it, as DC hadn't yet made him vulnerable to magic.
    Yikes... that is sad...

    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStick
    I also recall an episode of Smallville in which an old lady who can see the future just sees Clark flying on forever without end.
    I remember that too, but I think it showed him in a graveyard where everyone he cared about was buried, rather than flying. Here's a fun fact: The young version of the murderer from that episode was played by a guy I knew from college. That predated the episode, though.
    HUMANS....... ARE....... SUPERIORRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    But she was naked! And all... articulate!!

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jarl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere far, far away...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Didn't batman show up in Smallville one episode? Or did they ever go through with that?
    Anyways, Epilogue trumps the sadness for sad Batmans. Terry's whole reason for being BB is thrown out the window with the shocking revelation that Bruce is his real father and then there's all this angst, but in the end he comes out ok.
    Then of course, the end the whole frikkin' universe with the inverted shot at the end. (The first shot in "On Leather Wings", the first episode of BTAS, which started the DCAU was inverted for the final shot of Epilogue, which basically ends it).
    I say... it's a tough choice. Terry by a hair, either early Terry with Bruce's help or later Terry who's on his own.

    -BB was pretty good, for a silly kids show that, according to the creator, was "started just to sell toys". I was hoping for the movie, as I know lots of people were. Get Michael Keaton back behind that silly computer, and plop Jake Gyllenhaal into the tights... *nerdgasm*

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Spider man wins because he had help from Pun-Pun and Chuck Noris.
    thog thog thog HOO HOO HOO&& &&this cool banner of me toasting red cloud was made by DEMON HUNTER. Good luck in the iron avater competition DEMONHUNTER.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStick
    The Spiderman of my day did not, as I recall, throw cars. Marvel must have made him considerably stronger over the years.

    The Batman Beyond suit raised the wearer's strength beyond mere human strength, so that Terry in the suit, like Bruce in the suit, was stronger than Bruce not in the suit. I don't know why anyone would even think otherwise. The "Joker" that Batman Beyond fought wasn't the real Joker, but Tim Drake, rather unbelievably transformed into the Joker by havint Joker's personality imprinted on him as a kid. The whole story was stupid. In any case, I've seen Joker given Batman a run for his money in a fist-fight; indeed, I've even seen Penguin do it. For years Batman was only marginally better in physical combat than these Supervillains. That too seems pretty stupid, given that Bruce trained with the best martial-artists (at least in more recent years; originally he just was good at punching and kicking and had no formal training) but these villains become uninteresting if Batman can easily defeat them in hand to hand.

    I'd forgotten about the suit's stealth mode. I think that would give Terry a bigger advantage, although Spiderman's 6th sense might operate to negate it. Still I have to give a bit of an advantage to Terry.

    If Spiderman is really strong enough to throw cars now, whether he has an advantage depends in part on how much Terry's suit absorbs shock. Is it supposed to be bulletproof like the rubber suit of the Batman movies? If so, then I'd still give the advantage to Terry. If, however, Spiderman is strong enough to throw cars and the Batman Beyond suit isn't bulletproof, I'd give the advantage to Spiderman because in that caes one punch could collapse Batman's ribcage or skull.

    Spider-man has been none to lift ten-tons as his limit. So I figure if he does, he can easily throw a car.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Spiderman has a giant robot at his beck & call! :o

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9q69dPKWgI

    Seriously, though, I think that the battle's going to go to whoever decided to be more ruthless.

    Funny thing about Peter, he rarely uses his scientific aptitude. Even Hank Pym admits getting an inferiority complex after examining Spidey's tracers, before admonishing Spidey that it's his responsibility to use all of his gifts, not just the physical ones.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Spider Senses would be the edge to give this battle to Spiderman.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beleriphon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarl
    Didn't batman show up in Smallville one episode? Or did they ever go through with that?
    Its been rumoured for 5 seasons, but its probably never going to happen due to the liscensing problem at this point. Its possible that they could given that at the moment WB owns all movie/tv rights for Batmand and Superman, so perhaps given that the presuper character episodes (Arthur Curry and Bart were very fun) have been good.

    As for Terry or Peter, I'm giving this one to Pete. His super agility and other powers would give him and edge even over Terry's suit. Spidey could probably beat Iron Man, and he has a way better battle suit that Terry.
    Current campaign ideas at:

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy_Knight
    I miss those too. Although actually, I haven't gotten to see any of the JLU cartoons, since I don't get Cartoon Network.

    In the episode I'm thinking of, they come to find out that Superman has been controlled by an alien life form for quite some time (I want to say like a couple decades, but I forget exactly how long now). I thought that was pretty depressing, the idea of Clark being mind-controlled and essentially "dead" for all that time.

    Yikes... that is sad...

    I remember that too, but I think it showed him in a graveyard where everyone he cared about was buried, rather than flying. Here's a fun fact: The young version of the murderer from that episode was played by a guy I knew from college. That predated the episode, though.
    I think you can buy JL/JLU on DVD from Amazon.com (and other places). I think I recall the graveyard, but I also think that was a different episode.

    I think it might be sort of silly to imagine that in the future everyone Superman loves has died. I mean, I can see his parents, Lois and Jimmy, but surely over his long life he has come to love other people as well. Various other future stories have shown him as head of the Justice League of the future, where he's friends with a newer set of superheroes. And Superman isn't distant like Batman; he's not just in the league or the leader of the league, he's a friend to those in the league. I think that as long as Superman exists, there will be people he loves and who love him back. Just as he has Lana as a teen and Lois as a young adult, he would have Linda as an older adult, etc.

    Speaking of Linda (as in Linda Carter) I read in the Wonder Woman article on Wikipedia that in one recent storyline, Superman and Wonder Woman got together romantically, and that Wonder Woman even had Superman's child!

    I'm pretty sure that in the episode of Batman Beyond where he meets Superman that Superman hasn't been controlled for all that long--certainly not for decades. It actually reminds me of a similar Paul Dini animated series story in which Superman had been controlled by a parasite at the Fortress of Solitude and Batman and Wonder Woman have to get the parasite off of him before he pummels them both to death.
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

    The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Quote Originally Posted by Beleriphon

    Its been rumoured for 5 seasons, but its probably never going to happen due to the liscensing problem at this point. Its possible that they could given that at the moment WB owns all movie/tv rights for Batmand and Superman, so perhaps given that the presuper character episodes (Arthur Curry and Bart were very fun) have been good.

    As for Terry or Peter, I'm giving this one to Pete. His super agility and other powers would give him and edge even over Terry's suit. Spidey could probably beat Iron Man, and he has a way better battle suit that Terry.

    The way I'd heard it was that before the first season they were talking about having a young Bruce Wayne show up as a business associate of Lex Luthor. I heard nothing about Batman showing up. The impression I'd gotten was that Bruce hadn't yet invented Batman. Now I think it would be too late to believe that Bruce would be involved with someone like Lex, who clearly has a sleazy reputation. Five years ago we might have believed that Bruce didn't know any better yet, but now that's not to credible.

    On the other hand, I recall that in Paul Dini's series continuity, Wayne Industries and Luthor Corp had had some sort of joint venture that allowed Brainiac to download himself from the Luthor Corp computer to the Wayne mainframe. I don't know if they ever showed us the actual venture taking place or if this was just the backstory created for the story in which Brainiac uses nannites to take control of Bruce. It's hard to believe though that they ever did a joint venture. I just can't see Bruce ever trusting Lex.

    I don't know about Iron Man's suit, but Terry's is extremely advanced and has all sorts of gadgets and I'm betting that Iron Man doesn't have remotely the level of gadgetry that's always been a hallmark of Batman (or at least has been since I've been alive).

    Iron Man
    Iron Man
    Does whatever an iron can
    Presses sleeves
    Any size
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

    The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beleriphon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStick
    I don't know about Iron Man's suit, but Terry's is extremely advanced and has all sorts of gadgets and I'm betting that Iron Man doesn't have remotely the level of gadgetry that's always been a hallmark of Batman (or at least has been since I've been alive).

    Iron Man
    Iron Man
    Does whatever an iron can
    Presses sleeves
    Any size
    Wow, I want to be an Iron Man now! Then I can finally get that wrinkle out of my good shirt.

    As for the suits, Iron Man's has been around since the late 60s early 70s. At first it was just to keep Tony alive, but it eventually evolved into what we have today. I'll see what I can find about it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Ma...s_of_the_2000s

    Take from that what you will, but I contend that Stark as the superior battle suit if only because he managed to build one capable of wrestling with the Hulk. And by my further contention that Spidey could defeat Iron Man I can safely suggest that Spidey could beat Terry.
    Current campaign ideas at:

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Quote Originally Posted by Beleriphon

    Wow, I want to be an Iron Man now! Then I can finally get that wrinkle out of my good shirt.

    As for the suits, Iron Man's has been around since the late 60s early 70s. At first it was just to keep Tony alive, but it eventually evolved into what we have today. I'll see what I can find about it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Ma...s_of_the_2000s

    Take from that what you will, but I contend that Stark as the superior battle suit if only because he managed to build one capable of wrestling with the Hulk. And by my further contention that Spidey could defeat Iron Man I can safely suggest that Spidey could beat Terry.
    These armors sound cool, but how did Spiderman beat Stark, and which armor was Stark wearing at the time? It sounds like Stark beat the Hulk in his Hulkbeater armor, but I seem to recall that the Hulk beat Spiderman.

    P.S. Why was Spiderman fighting Stark anyway?

    I tried ironing shirts when I first went away to college, back when Jimmy Carter was president. I burned a shirt with the lousy irons they had in my dorm, and gave up ironing ever after. These days I just take my dress shirts to be laundered.
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

    The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beleriphon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

    Default Re: Batman Beyond vs. Spiderman

    Ah the peanut farmer. Good old Jimmy.

    At any rate I don't think he ever has fought Stark, at least that I'm aware of. I'm only suggesting that that he could. It also needs to be asked which Spidey are we talking about, since in the receent continuit he's received an Iron Many like suit from Stark similar to the S.K.I.N. suit or the ablative one that is listed.
    Current campaign ideas at:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •