New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mo

...Ripper reminds me of an abused wife or something.

Sir Misery, on the other hand, reminds me of awesome.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mo

Sorry, Stoney. You won't always have those extra arms.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    But he'll always be rock hard.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    That's what Everstones are for
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Barbarian View Post
    I dont have HG or SS, but I figure somebody with one of those games will have a Murkrow, if they do, I'll trade a Gible, Dratini, or Bagon for it. Or a Pichu with Volt Tackle
    This is SO not the thread for this type of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

6. - Top - End - #366

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    This is SO not the thread for this type of thing.
    I read that and thought 'wait, am I in the wrong thread?'

I was not.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hmm... I was wondering how Ecruteak Gym would turn out for Sir Misery.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

Bonus Chapter 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah...It feels so empowering to have a fully functional body again. A shame I won't be able to keep it for long. It takes a large portion of my power just to supress Janick.
    Welcome challenger, to the Ecruteak Gym! I am Morty, the Gym Leader, and I specialize in Ghost Type Pokemon! You'll have to beat me to win the Fog Badge! Ghosts are the best type! Their silent presence i-
    Save your speech for someone interested in your plastic trinkets.
    Huh? You don't want my badge? Then why are you here?
    A pity, Mourir. I always knew you were stupid, but I expected your work with spirits would have bolstered your aural perception.
    I see. I didn't recognize you at first. So you've come for revenge. I must say, Misery, I'm surprised to see you still alive. I thought Rougela's spell had torn your soul from this mortal coil.
    If only you were so lucky.
    Still, it's good to see that you're not dead. If you had been left unchecked, I could have been in quite a bit of trouble when HE found out you still exist.
    So you're still his lapdog, Mourir? I would've imagined he would've had you killed as soon as you stopped being useful. I suppose I'll have to correct his mistake and do the dirty work for him.
    Ah ah ah, Misery. This is my domain, and while I don't pretend to best you at Shadow magic, my mastery of illusions far surpasses your own. If you want to take your revenge, you'll need to find me, and that'll only happen if you can best some allies of mine.
    I told you, I care not for Pokemon Battles! Winning your badge would only strip you of your dignity, and I see no reason to do that when I can take your soul instead!
    Come on, Misery, it'll be fun. After all, my allies are some old friends of yours, too. It'll be like a reunion.
    Ha. Obviously you don't remember me very well, Mourir, but I have no friends save my magic.
    Well, I suppose we'll see then. Go, Gastly!
    A Gastly poses no threat to me. I have my own Shade.
    That Haunter has your aura...Oh this is too great! You didn't die, but instead your soul got shoved inside a lowly Pokemon's body? Did you think you could hide this from me by possessing that trainer?
    No. I simply didn't want Janick here for this confrontation. His soul is not nearly so black as ours.
    Hmph. No matter. You don't recognize the Gastly, though? It's one of your old vassals. You see, after Rougela nearly destroyed you, your kingdom started falling apart. HE came in, intent on conquering what had been yours, but your foolish knights wouldn't give up.
    You were once one of those vassals, Mourir. Don't consider yourself superior.
    Ah, no, I was not one of them. I killed them while they slept, and drew out their Shades. Then I handed your kingdom to the man who truly deserved it.
    I see. So you're telling me this Gastly, and your other Pokemon, are truly the Shades of my knights?
    Isn't it grim, Misery? How could you bring yourself to harm the men who served you so faithfully?
    Sir Misery's Shade used Shadow Punch!
    It's Super Effective!
    Foe Gastly fainted!
    Quite simply, in fact. In life, they served me for my power. It's no surprise that my Shade would be more powerful than theirs. Besides, they are no longer my vassals. You said yourself, my kingdom is no more.
    I knew you were a cruel master, Misery, but I must say, I'm astonished that you'd go so far as to destroy your old allies so carelessly.
    It's Super Effective!
    Foe Gastly fainted!
    I feel no remorse. I would kill ten thousand men if it awarded me the opportunity to do what I want to you.
    It's Super Effective!
    Foe Haunter fainted!
    You know, over the years, I've had many Shades in my service. I've forgotten most of them. Those three you just destroyed? I cannot remember their names. But there's always been a crown jewel to my Shade collection. He's someone who has been with me since your kingdom was toppled. He was a hard foe, even though I had surprise on my side. But he eventually submitted. Do you recognize him, Misery?
    Is something the matter, old friend? I seem to recall you as a verbal combatant at all times. Your sudden silence is a bit unnerving. Ah, how callous of me, I forgot, this family reunion might be a bit bitter for you.
    I swear Mourir...
    Save your threats, Misery. Your brother is waiting.
    I suppose I'll have to make the first move then. Gengar, use Hypnosis!
    Sir Misery's Shade fell asleep!
    His name isn't Gengar! Ripper, go!
    It is now. His birth anem is of no consequence. And who is this? A new friend? I'll be sure to add him to my collection after I finish you!
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    Alright! I'm ready to go!
    Ripper, use Bite!
    You're not Janick. Sir Misery, what are you doing?
    I don't have time to explain! Just listen to my command!
    Foe Gengar used Hypnosis!
    Ripper fell asleep!
    Damn. Poseidon, I'm putting this on you.
    What's going on? You're not Janick!
    That has been addressed. Poseidon, it's Sir Misery. I aided you on your quest, now do the same for me. Janick gave you that Surf HM, use it.
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    Oh, did I mention? That technique you used to be so fond of? Gathering the shadow energy and releasing it in a blast form? I perfected it, into a nice little TM, that your brother now possessed. Gengar, use Shadow Ball!
    Poseidon, ignore it. Use Surf.
    Shadow Ball!
    Surf!
    I must admit, you're faring better than I expected. Still, this battle was over before it began. Gengar, use Hypnosis!
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    Get out of the way, Poseidon!
    I'm fine. I can get off another shot before he recovers. What does he mean, your brother?
    It's not important right now! Finish him with a Surf!
    Sir Misery, I-
    Finish him!
    Poseidon used Surf!
    Foe Gengar fainted!
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    I'm sorry, Ciel.
    Ah...I didn't believe you'd actually...kill your own brother!
    You told me I was a monster, Mourir, you shouldn't have been surprised.
    L-look. M-m-maybe we can s-settle this without anyone g-getting hurt. I'll give you this b-badge, and the TM, and I'll t-tell you where HE is and-
    I'm not interested.
    Oh gods, please don't turn me into a Shade! It's torturous! You can see everything, but you have no power! Please, mercy! I cry for mercy!
    It's only fitting that I should turn you into a Shade. After all, you were one of my vassals too. However, in light of recent events...I don't think you'd be useful to me as a Shade.
    Thank you! Thank you thank you thank you!
    I didn't say I'd be letting you go. I have a fate for you far worse than transformation into a Shade.
    You don't mean...NO! PLEASE DON'T SEND ME THERE SIR MISERY! PLEASE PLEASE I'LL DO ANYTHING YOU ASK, ANYTHING BUT THAT, ANYTHING, MERCY, PLEASE, MERCY I-
    Mercy...is not my name.
    No...n-no...NO!
    Enjoy, Mourir. You deserve this.
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2010-07-24 at 04:28 PM.
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

9. - Top - End - #369

I weep tears of joy at the awesomeness.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Barbarian in the Playground

...Whouw, shiz got seriouz yo!
    Spoiler
    Show

Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile

Giantitp (Unofficial) IRC. Join now !

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Bonus Chapter 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah...It feels so empowering to have a fully functional body again. A shame I won't be able to keep it for long. It takes a large portion of my power just to supress Janick.
    Welcome challenger, to the Ecruteak Gym! I am Morty, the Gym Leader, and I specialize in Ghost Type Pokemon! You'll have to beat me to win the Fog Badge! Ghosts are the best type! Their silent presence i-
    Save your speech for someone interested in your plastic trinkets.
    Huh? You don't want my badge? Then why are you here?
    A pity, Mourir. I always knew you were stupid, but I expected your work with spirits would have bolstered your aural perception.
    I see. I didn't recognize you at first. So you've come for revenge. I must say, Misery, I'm surprised to see you still alive. I thought Rougela's spell had torn your soul from this mortal coil.
    If only you were so lucky.
    Still, it's good to see that you're not dead. If you had been left unchecked, I could have been in quite a bit of trouble when HE found out you still exist.
    So you're still his lapdog, Mourir? I would've imagined he would've had you killed as soon as you stopped being useful. I suppose I'll have to correct his mistake and do the dirty work for him.
    Ah ah ah, Misery. This is my domain, and while I don't pretend to best you at Shadow magic, my mastery of illusions far surpasses your own. If you want to take your revenge, you'll need to find me, and that'll only happen if you can best some allies of mine.
    I told you, I care not for Pokemon Battles! Winning your badge would only strip you of your dignity, and I see no reason to do that when I can take your soul instead!
    Come on, Misery, it'll be fun. After all, my allies are some old friends of yours, too. It'll be like a reunion.
    Ha. Obviously you don't remember me very well, Mourir, but I have no friends save my magic.
    Well, I suppose we'll see then. Go, Gastly!
    A Gastly poses no threat to me. I have my own Shade.
    That Haunter has your aura...Oh this is too great! You didn't die, but instead your soul got shoved inside a lowly Pokemon's body? Did you think you could hide this from me by possessing that trainer?
    No. I simply didn't want Janick here for this confrontation. His soul is not nearly so black as ours.
    Hmph. No matter. You don't recognize the Gastly, though? It's one of your old vassals. You see, after Rougela nearly destroyed you, your kingdom started falling apart. HE came in, intent on conquering what had been yours, but your foolish knights wouldn't give up.
    You were once one of those vassals, Mourir. Don't consider yourself superior.
    Ah, no, I was not one of them. I killed them while they slept, and drew out their Shades. Then I handed your kingdom to the man who truly deserved it.
    I see. So you're telling me this Gastly, and your other Pokemon, are truly the Shades of my knights?
    Isn't it grim, Misery? How could you bring yourself to harm the men who served you so faithfully?
    It's Super Effective!
    Foe Gastly fainted!
    Quite simply, in fact. In life, they served me for my power. It's no surprise that my Shade would be more powerful than theirs. Besides, they are no longer my vassals. You said yourself, my kingdom is no more.
    I knew you were a cruel master, Misery, but I must say, I'm astonished that you'd go so far as to destroy your old allies so carelessly.
    It's Super Effective!
    Foe Gastly fainted!
    I feel no remorse. I would kill ten thousand men if it awarded me the opportunity to do what I want to you.
    It's Super Effective!
    Foe Haunter fainted!
    You know, over the years, I've had many Shades in my service. I've forgotten most of them. Those three you just destroyed? I cannot remember their names. But there's always been a crown jewel to my Shade collection. He's someone who has been with me since your kingdom was toppled. He was a hard foe, even though I had surprise on my side. But he eventually submitted. Do you recognize him, Misery?
    Is something the matter, old friend? I seem to recall you as a verbal combatant at all times. Your sudden silence is a bit unnerving. Ah, how callous of me, I forgot, this family reunion might be a bit bitter for you.
    I swear Mourir...
    Save your threats, Misery. Your brother is waiting.
    I suppose I'll have to make the first move then. Gengar, use Hypnosis!
    Sir Misery's Shade fell asleep!
    His name isn't Gengar! Ripper, go!
    It is now. His birth anem is of no consequence. And who is this? A new friend? I'll be sure to add him to my collection after I finish you!
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    Alright! I'm ready to go!
    Ripper, use Bite!
    You're not Janick. Sir Misery, what are you doing?
    I don't have time to explain! Just listen to my command!
    Foe Gengar used Hypnosis!
    Ripper fell asleep!
    Damn. Poseidon, I'm putting this on you.
    What's going on? You're not Janick!
    That has been addressed. Poseidon, it's Sir Misery. I aided you on your quest, now do the same for me. Janick gave you that Surf HM, use it.
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    Oh, did I mention? That technique you used to be so fond of? Gathering the shadow energy and releasing it in a blast form? I perfected it, into a nice little TM, that your brother now possessed. Gengar, use Shadow Ball!
    Poseidon, ignore it. Use Surf.
    Shadow Ball!
    Surf!
    I must admit, you're faring better than I expected. Still, this battle was over before it began. Gengar, use Hypnosis!
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    Get out of the way, Poseidon!
    I'm fine. I can get off another shot before he recovers. What does he mean, your brother?
    It's not important right now! Finish him with a Surf!
    Sir Misery, I-
    Finish him!
    Poseidon used Surf!
    Foe Gengar fainted!
    ---Pokemon Speech---
    I'm sorry, Ciel.
    Ah...I didn't believe you'd actually...kill your own brother!
    You told me I was a monster, Mourir, you shouldn't have been surprised.
    L-look. M-m-maybe we can s-settle this without anyone g-getting hurt. I'll give you this b-badge, and the TM, and I'll t-tell you where HE is and-
    I'm not interested.
    Oh gods, please don't turn me into a Shade! It's torturous! You can see everything, but you have no power! Please, mercy! I cry for mercy!
    It's only fitting that I should turn you into a Shade. After all, you were one of my vassals too. However, in light of recent events...I don't think you'd be useful to me as a Shade.
    Thank you! Thank you thank you thank you!
    I didn't say I'd be letting you go. I have a fate for you far worse than transformation into a Shade.
    You don't mean...NO! PLEASE DON'T SEND ME THERE SIR MISERY! PLEASE PLEASE I'LL DO ANYTHING YOU ASK, ANYTHING BUT THAT, ANYTHING, MERCY, PLEASE, MERCY I-
    Mercy...is not my name.
    No...n-no...NO!
    Enjoy, Mourir. You deserve this.

I want your babies Raistlin
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

12. - Top - End - #372

You...you didn't...you sent him to the Bidoof fields. That's just cruel, Sir Misery.

Also, the plot continues to thicken. Poor Misery.

Avatar and sig-banner by Mr_Saturn.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

Right. Bidoof fields

I was worried that you guys might not like Sir Misery after this chapter. I guess I shouldn't have been. He could eat babies and you crazy people would find it awesome.
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2010-07-24 at 05:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I was worried that you guys might not like Sir Misery after this chapter. I guess I shouldn't have been. He could eat babies and you crazy people would find it awesome.
    If we didn't like Sir Misery, we wouldn't have voted for him. Also, eating babies wouldn't be awesome, just... interesting.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

15. - Top - End - #375

I would find it awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Right. Bidoof fields

Meh, if you're gonna let little kids wander the world alone when people have control over monsters we couldn't imagine in reality...accidents will happen

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by doliest View Post
    I would find it awesome.
    Says the one with a "crimes against good taste" spoiler.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2010-07-24 at 06:10 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

Anyway, that is the last update you guys are getting for a week, since I'm going to be gone.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Tch... That's disappointing.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

20. - Top - End - #380

See you in a week Raistilin!
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Misery's charm is the fact that he's pure evil. He's like a sexier, classier Belkar. No, what we probably would not like is him turning sissy good.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

22. - Top - End - #382
    Troll in the Playground

I disagree that he's *pure* evil. MURDERFACE is like Belkar. I had this conversation the other day, and I consider Sir Misery to be something like Soul Spliced V.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

I disagree that he's *pure* evil. MURDERFACE is like Belkar. I had this conversation the other day, and I consider Sir Misery to be something like Soul Spliced V.
    Personally, I consider him to be like the protagonist of Tecmo's Deception, who was a prince who enters into a contract to revive Satan in exchange for the ability to lure a series of very dumb, greedy, and/or backstabbing people into a mansion where he can kill them with traps and steal their souls to fuel his own burgeoning empire.

Along the way he does (or doesn't) save the life of his fiancee, and does (or doesn't) eventually realize his path was a mistake and saves everyone from hell on earth (or embraces the madness and opens the gate himself). I guess he's a little more blank slate, but the concept is there, and that's who I choose to think of. So nyeh.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

I don't mean he's exactly like Belkar, but that his "charm" is like Belkar's; that is, we like him because he combines being both "bad" and entertaining.

We know that, whatever his origins, he's a monster. We wouldn't really like him any other way.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'm thinking the cold, calculating mastermind. Probably has a Xanatos Gambit in motion. The Chessmaster.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think he's pretty epic, myself. He obviously isn't pure evil, after all, though; he shielded Janick from seeing the fight, apparently out of care, though I'm not sure on that count. Regardless, sad to see you go, Raistlin!
    Formerly known as Cariyaga.

27. - Top - End - #387

Sweet LP! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    You...you didn't...you sent him to the Bidoof fields. That's just cruel, Sir Misery.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

I know I promised you guys an update yesterday, but my parents had people over and I was expected to entertain, and a friend was over, and such, so I totally forgot about the update. It'll come today, hopefully soon, but tonight at the latest.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Dwarf in the Playground

Don't worry about it. It's summer, after all! Things like that are expected to happen to people. Heck, I was put back 5 days on an update because church got priority. Quite frankly, I'm amazed that you manage to keep up such a good storyline as well as keep your Pokemon alive and do it all on a self-imposed deadline. Good job, I say, good job!
    Greatest Song of the Week: Hidan's Theme
    Picture of the Week: Come to Life

Twilight, the Lynching

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hey, yeah, don't worry. I've personally been trying to get a Fire Emblem game going since... March? April? I just wanted to be very ready, most of the games die.

Things happen. This is a very good LP.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.