New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mo

As long as you don't abandon us we'll wait forever.

If you do abandon us though I'll eat your soul
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2010-08-01 at 04:27 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mo

Since when is this Let's Play Pokemon Shiny Gold Hard Mo?
    Formerly known as Cariyaga.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

Default This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mode

The Re: part makes the title too long to display. If you look up at the top of the screen, or at my post title, you'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    The Re: part makes the title too long to display. If you look up at the top of the screen, or at my post title, you'll see.
    Then wouldn't it cut off to the M? Re: is three characters.
    Formerly known as Cariyaga.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

It's actually 4 when you count the space, but the full title is 2 characters shy of the limit. When the Re: is added, it deletes the last 4 characters of the title, which is two empty characters and 'de'.
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 17
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ugh...what just happened? I was at Morty and...
    Do not trouble yourself with the details, Janick. You defeated Mour...Morty and claimed his badge and TM.
    The Gym Door is locked. Why is it locked?
    I told you not to worry.
    Misery, what did you do to me? I have a gap in my memory, and the last thing I remember is you apologizing to me.
    I just had to take care of something, and your body served as the most appropriate vessel.
    You POSSESSED me?
    In a manner of speaking. It could be phrased as such.
    Why would you do that? That is not okay, you can't just take my body when you want it!
    I don't explain myself, Janick. You have my word that I will not attempt such a display of magic again, not without ample cause at any rate.
    How much is your word even worth?
    I suppose that's for you to decide.

While I was having this argument with Sir Misery, I noticed a familiar face heading towards me.

I'm actually kind of busy here, you idiot, so if you could just move along, I'd appreciate it.

You might as well get used to it, because I'm a way better trainer than you.

Technically, I'm the one slowing you down, since you need to get into this gym. Also it's closed.

I'm not in the mood for your crap right now, so you should probably just go before I send out Murderface.

I swear, I will beat the stuffing out of you, Carlos.

GOD DAMMIT!
    I walked around the city, healing up the team and looking for something to do. Sir Misery wasn't saying anything else, and even though Ripper was trying to tell me something, Sir Misery wouldn't translate. Finally, I decided to check out the big tower to the north. Unfortunately, I was stopped by a pair of morons.

Oh god. Seriously. After Adrian, Carlos, and that bug guy, I cannot deal with any more idiots who want to be my rival.

At least they have an original schtick. Sort of.

No, and I actually wish you two would just step aside so I...Oh damn, I forgot to call April.

Look, I actually have a phone call to make, and I need to check out this tower, so can we just battle and get it over with?

I hate double battles. The only thing dumber than a double battle would be like, a triple battle or something.

I keep imagining you breaking into Sonny and Cher songs. It's better than actually listening to what you have to say.

Gee, I don't know. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that this isn't a TV show for six year olds?

Yeah, talk about me like I'm not here.

Did you just say 'chuckle' out loud?
    Okay screw this. I am going in that tower now, and I am going t-

Okay seriously. Is there some kind of convention in town for people who like to fight me?

I'm not here for you, Janick. There are some Legendary Pokemon here and I'm going to collect data on them. Maybe if I bring him some information for the Pokedex, Professor Elm won't be upset that I took a Pokemon from the lab.
    Legendary Pokemon? Cool. I could catch them and then I would be UNSTOPPABLE!
    Janick! You can't do that! These Pokemon are peaceful, but they hold awesome power in their hands! Imagine if one man had their power. It'd be like controlling a god or something.
    I don't see your point. I'll be responsible with them.

Oh yeah? Are you going to stop me? I'm a conman, Adrian. Even if I don't use them myself, do you know how much I could sell Legendary Pokemon for?

You don't even respect your own Pokemon! How can you ask me to trust you with the power of Legendaries!?
    Stop being so dramatic. You're going to battle me? You don't even like battling!
    I don't care! I'm doing what's right!

I was reminded of why I consider Adrian the only worthy rival of mine. His team nearly knocked out Stoney and Ripper, and Sir Misery and Murderface took some heavy hits too.
    There! It's over Adrian! Get out of here!

I'm not going to let you catch the Legendaries!
    Yeah, whatever.

Hm. Another ball of gas. I hope this one doesn't turn out to be an evil death wizard.

Huh. These must be the Legendaries Adrian was talking about. Alright you mutts, let's do th-

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Adrian? What the hell do you think you're doing? Wait...You...You made the Legendaries run away! You idiot!
    It's better than letting you catch them.
    I swear, you little...I am going to hit you so hard...
    I'm sorry Janick. I can't let you upset the balance like this. I'll see you around.
    Adrian used Escape Rope!
    *sigh* I should move onto Olivine, I guess. Maybe I'll run into him there, and I can kick him around a little.

Wait...I was going to call April. Damn.

Hello?
    Hey, April, it's Janick. Remember, from the well?
    Oh...yeah. You're that guy I gave my number to, and you never called.
    Yeah...about that...I was getting Gym badges, and fighting rivals, and chasing Legendaries and it just sort of-
    Save it. I've dated other trainers before. Not very dependable people. Don't worry about it.
    Well, no, I was actually wondering if you'd like to-
    No. Bye Janick. Good luck with your Pokemon stuff. *click*
    -have dinner with me.
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2010-08-01 at 07:37 PM.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aw, poor Janick...all he wanted to do was harness the power of a god to reshape the world in his image, laughing as the meager peasants toil endlessly in his empire of blood, fueling the intergalactic war machine ever creeping upon an unsuspecting universe.

And he got rejected.

Avatar and sig-banner by Mr_Saturn.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

janick's not gonna like black and white. personally, i'm undecided on the matter of whether or not triple battles are agood thing.
    Dimir member in good evil standing.

Member of the Evil League of Evil.

Browncoat. Because no power in the 'verse can stop us.

Member in good contested standing of the Mammal Club.

Honorary turtle. See above.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Poor man. Possessed and rejected.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

REJECTED!

Also, man...this variation sure has a lot of people wanting to battle you who will probably show up again and be annoying.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Aw, poor Janick...all he wanted to do was harness the power of a god to reshape the world in his image, laughing as the meager peasants toil endlessly in his empire of blood, fueling the intergalactic war machine ever creeping upon an unsuspecting universe.

And he got rejected.
    Reminds me of that one...
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

At least he has a new Koffing to fill the void left by his lack of legendaries and a date.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

I'm going to spoil the ending of the next chapter. One of our friends died for reals. I'm typing up the options for replacements so I don't forget them, and you guys get a vote.

THE OPTIONS
    Spoiler
    Show
    Titania-Drowzee Level 14
    Ivy2-Roselia Level 15
    SPEAROW-Spearow Level 10
    Billy Idol-Butterfree Level 10
    Hootie-Hoothoot Level 12
    Mercutio-Growlithe Level 13 (Do not have a Fire Stone. Unsure of how easy it would be to acquire)
    Aragog-Spinarak Level 15
    Gates-Magnemite Level 16
    Atropos-Koffing Level 16
    Jellyjig-Tentacool Level 15
    Caspian-Eevee Level 20 (I have a Sun Stone, so Espeon is possible, but Caspian is Adamant. I don't care, but something to think about)
    Shredder-Pinsir Level 14
    Invincible-Slowpoke Level 21
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2010-08-04 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Lolambiguity

14. - Top - End - #404
    Dwarf in the Playground

We have enough purple gas-balls for one party. I say do away with Atropos.
    Greatest Song of the Week: Hidan's Theme
    Picture of the Week: Come to Life

Twilight, the Lynching

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

Oh. It was less ambiguous in my head. Correction: One of the current 6 (Ripper, Stoney, Misery, Algernon, Murderface, and Poseidon) was killed in action. The options are for who is replacing them. Rereading, I can see how it got confusing.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah, rereading it I completely understand.

I say Algernon then. Not that I'm hating on the Pikachu, it's just that Misery and Poseidon have on-going plots that are interesting, Stoney is a good tank and has a special place in my heart, and Murderface... is Murderface. Can't do without it.

As for the replacement, Gates is the one, hands down. Type variation, and sure you could say that for Mercutio too, and I like the pokemon, but there are just better things than a Growlithe and fire is barely good against the upcoming gyms.
    Last edited by The Shoveler; 2010-08-04 at 06:57 PM.
    Greatest Song of the Week: Hidan's Theme
    Picture of the Week: Come to Life

Twilight, the Lynching

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

personally I like Spinarak, but that's just me.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

I'm in the middle of something at the moment, so I can't put the chapter up right now, but the dead character has already been killed. You don't get a vote in that. I wasn't planning it, it was a wild Pokemon accident.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Halfling in the Playground

Titania if it isn't Algernon who dies, otherwise Gates.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I like Mercutio. I've always personally wanted to train a Growlithe. On the other hand, Magneton with the right moveset is a total badass.

I don't suppose you'll answer, but... it wasn't Sir Misery, was it?

(And if, as many guess, Algernon was the defeated one, I think... it would be in character for Ripper to deliver the flowers line. Janick wouldn't do it.)
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2010-08-04 at 07:29 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I know. I think Spinarak should be the replacement, because I like Spinarak.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ariados isn't incredibly powerful, though. I think Janick would probably be attracted to power. ..Unless he liked the sneakiness of it.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 18
    Spoiler
    Show

On to the Gym, I guess...I'm feeling a bit...blah, I guess. Hopefully a good battle will get me back in the zone.

And the Leader has miraculously disappeared. This is unhelpful.

Might as well check out this lighthouse. Oh great, trainers. I'm sure this will be a great use of my time.

So you're the Gym leader? And you're just camping out in this lighthouse, ignoring challengers?

Look, I really need this battle. I get that the Pokemon is sick, but can we talk about it after we fight?

So what you're saying is that unless I go get something to heal this Pokemon, you won't battle me?

Fine, fine. But it's a long journey. I should probably go tie up some loose ends. I think that Bill guy said something about dropping by his house in Goldenrod...

I swear, this bike is a godsend.

Some men are born great. Some become great. Some have puppies thrust upon them. Or something.

Quick check on De Sade and Invincible before I go...Huh. The old man said they didn't like each other much, yet they seem to have made an egg. Well, I don't want it.

Huh. A contest where I catch Pokemon. This should be easy.

Sounds simple enough to me.

I'll just make sure I get the best one, then.

I am so awesome.

Alright, to Cianwood. Damn, I'm in a good mood already. Won a contest, got a cool gemstone, and now I'm going out on the open sea with my team.

And I caught this jellyfish thing!

Another one came out of the sea. This one was bigger, meaner. Janick seemed confident, and he sent out Algernon. He was doing alright, until he got hit by some acid. Still, Algernon looked like he could take another hit or two, and the Tentacool was only one hit away from falling. Janick had taught Algernon how to use Thunderpunch, and we were all sure he was about to win. But then he got hit by the Poison Sting. Just like Bug, he was poisoned.

What the...what the hell? Why the hell would anyone want to use a stupid Pikachu anyway, if you're all just so fricking terrible? Turn around Poseidon, we're landing. We need to replace this useless rat.

Janick took his badges and shoved them in his pocket, and then he dropped his backpack and left. It was getting late. Stoney and I grabbed Algernon's body, and took him away from the beach, past Olivine, into the dirt and grass of the countryside. We made a little grave and buried him, and laid down some flowers for Algernon.

Janick came back a few hours later, looking angry. We'd lost Bug, Hawkman, Ivy, and Bela in the beginning, but that was when none of us knew what we were doing. Now we were experienced. Janick was experienced. Algernon shouldn't have died out there, to a random attack. Janick recalled us back into our Pokeballs, but the last thing I heard was him muttering about the next gym badge. My heart sank as I realized that Algernon's death might have broken any bond Janick had with us. He had been starting to treat us like friends but now...Now we were just tools again.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Well, maybe you should use Magnemite/ton. Steel type prevents poisoning. (Except from twinneedle, but how many people actually use a Beedrill?)

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Orc in the Playground

I'm voting for Pinsir. Nobody's voted for Pinsir yet. :I Plus Pinsir's pretty awesome.
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

26. - Top - End - #416
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alas, poor Algernon, we hardly knew ye...Loved the reference, though.

As for his replacement, I vote for Caspian, because I'm different. Also, Eevee's my best friend's favorite Pokeman, and I do like them quite a bit.

Avatar and sig-banner by Mr_Saturn.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

[COUGH][MOUSTACHEDISGUISE]I too, vote for Caspian[/MOUSTACHEDISGUISE][/COUGH]

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

I vote Invincible the Slowpoke!

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I say you take Eevee and go Jolteon or Vaporeon.

If you'd rather stick with Espeon though, then my vote is going to be for Koffing.
    Last edited by VanBuren; 2010-08-05 at 12:58 AM.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

It's not about wanting Espeon, it's that that's the only option open to me right now/in the forseeable future.