New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91

Default Re: This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mo

Kinda late but I believe the following comic is relevant to the thread:

Spoiler
    Show

This is, for what other reason would trainers you defeated just hand you money?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mo

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post

This is, for what other reason would trainers you defeated just hand you money?
    The same reason people don't just use their Charizards to burn people's houses down/enslave Abra's to make transport easy and free and the Pokemon Centres work for free 24/7. Pokemon world is kurayzee!
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

3. - Top - End - #93

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    The same reason people don't just use their Charizards to burn people's houses down/enslave Abra's to make transport easy and free and the Pokemon Centres work for free 24/7. Pokemon world is kurayzee!
    Well, team rocket does try to use pokemons for terrorrism, but aparently there's police force and even the elite four will step in to stop anyone trying to cause destruction with pokemons.

One of the pokemon games even has machokes used for heavy labour!

Abras aren't used for transport because you can fly with your pets. You ever saw a car on pokemon world? No. Just use your pidgeot to visit your cousins on other city!

Pokemon centres are basically free health care, there to promote young trainers wich will grow the new generations of transports/workers for society. 12 year old kids can't afford hospitals out of their pocket, so pokemon centres make becoming a trainer viable.

EDIT:Also trainers prevent the wild pokemons from just overruning the cities with numbers. They're basicaly guards, but they don't get paid anything but the medical bills! The fools! MUAHAHAHA!
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-05-19 at 06:07 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, there are vehicles. There were transport trucks at the 6th pokemon movie... Wish Maker something...

Anyway, the real reason for why pokemon aren't largely used for evil is because only pure hearted 12-year olds can be great trainers. They must be idiots too.

Edit: Besides free hospital care, trainers get free food and rooms at the pokecenters...
    Last edited by Sliver; 2010-05-19 at 06:09 PM.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Firbolg in the Playground

Abras aren't used for transport because you can fly with your pets. You ever saw a car on pokemon world? No. Just use your pidgeot to visit your cousins on other city!
    But only with the appropriate badges and HMs. If you're not a high-ranked trainer, you're forced to deal with the absolutely horrible ground conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Actually, there are vehicles. There were transport trucks at the 6th pokemon movie... Wish Maker something...
    Plenty of vehicles in the pokemon world... Been plenty of jeeps, trucks, the occasional car- not to mention all the boats, blimps and hot air balloons... The vehicles just don't come out into the wilderness (which is generally where you're hunting for pokemon) all that often.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

7. - Top - End - #97

There is a 6th movie? Boy have I been out of the franchise.

Anyway since it took 6 movies for us to see it, I believe it's safe to assume that transports aren't that common.

Anyway, the real reason for why pokemon aren't largely used for evil is because only pure hearted 12-year olds can be great trainers. They must be idiots too.
    Cough team rocket/earth/water/galactic cough. Not to mention the hordes of harassers that lie in ambush all over the roads.

Edit: Besides free hospital care, trainers get free food and rooms at the pokecenters...
    As I put on my edit, they're basically cheap military to keep the wild pokemon population in check. Providing their basic nourhishment is pretty cheap compared to don't having to worry about ratatas infestations or rampages of bigger pokemons.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyway since it took 6 movies for us to see it, I believe it's safe to assume that transports aren't that common.
    There are, in fact, currently 13.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

The Ruby/Emerald/W/E games you start inside the backside of a truck... There was no place for you at the front, so you were just seated with the crates.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

To be fair, those were mostly a bunch of fairground transporter trucks, which wouldn't be all that common anyway. However, on the other hand, we had all sorts of vehicles even in the original season of pokemon- ranging from trucks (of a more normal design) to motorbikes, and Gary Oak even had his own car (just in the original season).
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

I can't help but post this. It's basically a 4chan /tg/ community grimdark Pokemon world that gives a justification for how the pokemon world works. I personally love it but that could just be me.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    I can't help but post this. It's basically a 4chan /tg/ community grimdark Pokemon world that gives a justification for how the pokemon world works. I personally love it but that could just be me.
    Personally, I've always held the belief that the trainer butchered and ate fainted wild Pokemon, even as an eleven-year-old kid, so it's not all that weird to me. Still, the presence of legendary Pokemon (particularly Mew the Poke-Progenitor and Arceus the Poke-Freaking-Demiurge) is difficult to explain away with the bio-weapon theory. Okay, you could claim that the legendary backstories are just myths, but that strikes me as cheating somehow.

Also, awesome post:

Quote Originally Posted by Re: Lt. Surge being one of the few veterans, with other adults being either scientists behind the front lines or deserters who joined Giovanni for protection
    OP: Exactly. Surge is one of the few people to actually return from the front. Unlike veterans of modern wars he doesn't even have that many fellow vet's to talk to about what happened. Those, like the scientists, who were off the front lines don't have such vivid memories of what happened, they don't want to remember it, and indeed, they don't want to think about the exact degree to which they may have been personally responsible for what happened in the war as a result of their contributions to it. And the degree to which their choice to stay off the front was fueled by cowardice.

Lt. Surge is desperately fighting to stop people from forgetting the war, if they do, the memories that haunt his every waking moment will become meaningless to other people. He will become alone in the world, with NOONE able to understand what he's been through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Threads like that are why 4chan exists.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Chapter 4
    Spoiler
    Show

With Ripper, Stoney, Bela, and Hawkman in tow, I left the Center and decided to explore the town. No better way to explore than to go barging into people's houses, right?

...That is one messed up naming scheme.

...Sucks to be you, buddy.

Oh gawd, not another stupid trainer.

Oh good. Not a trainer. Just stupid.

Tell me about it.

Yeah, I don't see you with any Pokemon, old lady, so I think I'll keep with my method. My method, you may be wondering, involves forcing them to fight random wild Pokemon to get tougher.

Like so.

Dammit Bela. You decieved me with your bat powers into thinking you didn't suck.

Hawkman, show him how it's done.

Off to see the sexy nurse again, since apparently my team CAN'T HANDLE WILD POKEMON.
    Alright Bela, are you ready to try this again?

*sigh* Go, Hawkman.
    Hawkman went in and finished off the other Pidgey. I started to go back to the Pokemon center, but we got jumped by a Rattata. Bela was no use, so I switched him.

Hawkman, take care of this stupid rat.

O.O
    What the frick? How could he do all that in one hit?

Rip! Ripper!
    Ripper took out the mouse in one hit, and then rushed over to Hawkman.

Sometimes I wonder why all my Pokemon are wimps who can't take a hit.

We were having crappy luck out in the woods, so I decided to check out this tower instead.

Perfect.

HOLYHELLWHATINGAWDSNAMEISTHAT

Whatever it is, it's making short work of Bela. I am not letting this freak take out my Bat thing.

That's a little better. Just a little more...

Got it! Take that you stupid gasball!
    Bela was looking pretty wounded, and I had a bad feeling about the ball thing, so I decided to heal them and take a better look. I sent out the ghost.

What are you?

Take refuge, mortal! I am Sir Misery, slayer of men, speaker of secrets, and chanter of dark invocations the likes of which your feeble ears have never heard!
    Ohmygawd you can talk!
    Of course I can talk, foolish man! I am a Spirit! Within the willowy ectoplasm of my being exists a human soul. Were it not for that thrice-damned woman, I would still have my body, as well as all my dark powers.
    I think I'm just going to put you back in your ball now...You're starting to freak me out...
    Silence! Listen to me! You are a trainer, correct? That is why I am imprisoned in your metal device?
    I guess you could call me a trainer, yeah...
    Very well, then I shall make you a proposition. A long time ago, I was a mighty warlock who reigned over this land. Everyone was my enemy, but I struck each foe down with my mighty magic. Every enemy, but one. There was a woman, named Lady Rougela. She was my everything. Yet she was manipulated by a cruel puppetmaster in a mask, who convinced her to turn on me. Her spells didn't kill me, as I managed to reflect them somewhat, and we were both cursed to these twisted forms. Hers resembles a large, arcane woman in red clothes. If you promise to help me find her, and her master, I will faithfully serve your cause until my ends are met.
    You're just a Pokemon! You can't defy me, I have you in a Pokeball!
    I may have to remain with you, but I have no obligation ro listen to your orders. I am a powerful creature, my aid would be instrumental in your rise to power. What say you?
    Fine. But we're finding this Lady Rougela on MY terms.

Feeling renewed, and with a dead wizard now following me around, I returned to Sprout Tower. It's good to see that the old monk people are just as battle crazy as everyone else.

It was an exceptionally boring battle. Bela didn't have much trouble, but it took so much damn time.

Yeah. You are.

Dammit. There's another one. Alright, maybe if I run and turn the corner really quickly, he'll fall and break his hip when he tries to run after me.

This is Chow. Chow sucks at Pokemon.

Bela got so bored that he started hurting himself just to make it more exciting. I took this as a sign that he needed a break. Wuss.

I decided to send Mis in.

He did some weird voodoo magic and the Bellsprout fell asleep.

And yet he still turned out to be pretty crappy.
    I thought you were some great sorcerer? How is a weed with a big mouth giving you a hard time?

My apologies, Janick. It seems that my powers have diminished in my current state.
    Whatever. Take a potion and finish him off.

...I don't know if this is supposed to be a battlecry, or if I'm really just beating up crazy old guys. I kind of hope it's the latter.

Right, right, let's get this going.

Mis started getting his ass kicked again, so I switched him out.

And yet, in hindsight, this doesn't seem like a good alternative.

Well at least someone admits it. Stoney, Mis, Bela, I'm looking at YOU.

I decided to go back to the Center, to heal up before going on in the Tower. Something doesn't feel right here...

And so...another has fallen...
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2010-05-19 at 10:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

15. - Top - End - #105

Interesting developments. Nice work.
    Hmm, Lady Rougela? The only Pokemon I can think of that fits that description is Jynx. You're not really going hunting for a Jynx, are you?

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

16. - Top - End - #106
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vespe told me to come check this out.
    So here I am.
    Watching.
    Judging.
    Your every move, scrutinized.
    Have fun! ^^

In all seriousness, though, this is making me wanna do a LP of something a lot, but I don't have any of the equipment to do so, short of taking photos of the TV or my Gameboy...
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

17. - Top - End - #107

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Still, the presence of legendary Pokemon (particularly Mew the Poke-Progenitor and Arceus the Poke-Freaking-Demiurge) is difficult to explain away with the bio-weapon theory. Okay, you could claim that the legendary backstories are just myths, but that strikes me as cheating somehow.
    Actualy, it's quite easy. Simply put, the bio-weapon project didn't start from scratch.

No, it started when someone found scales/feathers/fur of mighty ancient beings.

Full replication of said beings is almost impossible (or extremely dangerous cough Mewtwo cough), but still scientists could isolate special genes from those beings and combine them with more common creatures.

Still, I say that trainers are the grunts of the new war, because it doesn't make much sense kids geting kicked from home out for lack of food when you've got pokemon centers providing full nourishment. Not that it stops you from eating the ocasional fried pidgey since the artificial pokemon center food tastes like nothing.

Also the war theory does fully explain why there's so many random loot around.

On the actual LP, I was actualy wondering what would happen when you found a ghost pokemon!

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

R.I.P
    Hawkman
    Chapter 3 - Chapter 4

Goddamned Rattata used him
    as an hoers d'oeuvre

---------------------
    Yes I decided to make grave-stones for your dead pokeon. Think of me as a morbid stalker.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    Alright, maybe if I run and turn the corner really quickly, he'll fall and break his hip when he tries to run after me.
    Lol'd more than was appropriate.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

20. - Top - End - #110

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post

There was a woman, named Lady Rougela. She was my everything. Yet she was manipulated by a cruel puppetmaster in a mask, who convinced her to turn on me. Her spells didn't kill me, as I managed to reflect them somewhat, and we were both cursed to these twisted forms. Hers resembles a large, arcane woman in red clothes. If you promise to help me find her, and her master, I will faithfully serve your cause until my ends are met.
    Are you foreshadowing Will? The psyhic member of the elite four, who has a jnyx.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

It's a long way to go... Can we really assume gastly will survive that far? I wonder how it's possible for him to die when fainting...

22. - Top - End - #112

It's a long way to go... Can we really assume gastly will survive that far? I wonder how it's possible for him to die when fainting...
    Fainting may not be all that different from death. We shall always remember Gary's Raticate in our hearts for that.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

23. - Top - End - #113

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Are you foreshadowing Will? The psyhic member of the elite four, who has a jnyx.
    I thought he meant the woman who keeps hinting about Hoho/Lugia, until I read the "master" line...that makes substantially more sense. Also, I've spent probably 20 minutes reading that 4chan thread. Interesting stuff.

As far as, you know, the actual reason this thread exists, I already love Sir Misery. If he dies, I will cry. Which is why, since he's already dead, he should be "re-incarnated" if he faints.

Avatar and sig-banner by Mr_Saturn.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

I love Sir Mis too. I'm hoping for more opportunities to showcase his (and Ripper's) personality.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

catch 20 gastly and name them all sir misery then you'll never lose him
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

With the hard mode rules, that means he will have to encounter Gastly as the first pokemon in 20 different zones!

27. - Top - End - #117

Or he could finish that plot line with him dieing, instead of it finding it's master or whatever

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mc. Lovin' View Post
    Or he could finish that plot line with him dieing, instead of it finding it's master or whatever
    You dare deny sir misery!
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    You dare deny sir misery!
    Deny, deny, deny the evil psychomaniac.[/paraphrase]
    Part of YugiohITP

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Deny, deny, deny the evil psychomaniac.[/paraphrase]
    Your hilarious paraphrasing is no match for Sir Misery's awesome-sauce-ness.

That's a real word and I don't care what you say.