New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mo

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Advertising implies there is anything to sell other than Pokemart items and food.

Which there isn't.
    There is.

Bicycles.

And running shoes.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: This isn't your Dad's Childhood! This is Let's Play: Pokemon: Shiny Gold: Hard Mo

Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    There is.

Bicycles.

And running shoes.
    Aaaaand Slowpoke Tails. :D
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

I assumed "food" isn't only "pokefood" and I believe they eat those tails.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

There is.

Bicycles.

And running shoes.
    No-one sells those, they give them away to small children in exchange for their phone numbers
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

No-one sells those, they give them away to small children in exchange for their phone numbers
    And suddenly, the fact that everyone in the Pokeworld is a creeper is brought to light.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Depends... On some games it costs like 1,000,000, which is above your max, so even if you cheat you can't get that much. Sure, you get it for free after you get the specific connections... I wonder what you have to do for prof. Oak to get the starter pokemon

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Depends... On some games it costs like 1,000,000, which is above your max, so even if you cheat you can't get that much. Sure, you get it for free after you get the specific connections... I wonder what you have to do for prof. Oak to get the starter pokemon
    Exactly. They make them so expensive so you think it must be awesome but you'll never be able to afford it, then they offer you one of these unobtainable things if you'll "do them a favour"....

As for Oak, he's harmless (except for the occasional violent outburst where he throws stuff a wild Pikachus). I mean the guy can't even remember his grandson (the grandson he actually lives with)'s name, he's clearly always to drunk to do anything to you.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

What if he is some kind of rapist that "forgets" his grandson's name to get rid of the guilt?

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

What if he is some kind of rapist that "forgets" his grandson's name to get rid of the guilt?
    Dude, you have a sick mind

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    And suddenly, the fact that everyone in the Pokeworld is a creeper is brought to light.
    What, you just noticed?

I have a friend whose idea of fun is to play through Pokemon games and take every single sentence pervertedly. And, of course, give the rival a fun name. Like this gem from Crystal: "Some [insert rival's name] made fun of my Pokemon!" Supply your own fun!

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

The world of pokemans thrives on the economy of perverting children. When they reach the age of 10, they are "ripe" enough to get their "pokemon license" and "travel" the world to get "gym badges" from strangers.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

And the first one they get these badges from is described as being "rock hard." (Well, except Falkner. But who cares about him?)
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2010-07-02 at 11:10 AM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

Mr. Sir Raistlin?! Mr. Sir Raistlin did you disappear?
    All thanks to Domochevsky for the epic avatar

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show
    Illic est haud affectus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud ignarus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud perturbatio, illic est hunger.
    There est haud chaos, illic est hunger.
    There est haud nex, illic est Hive.

Δεν υπάρχει συναίσθημα, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει άγνοια, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει πάθος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει χάος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει θάνατος, υπάρχει το Καταφύγιο.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hey, yeah. It's been almost a week.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry guys. With the steady stream of LPs, some of which are far superior to mine, it's kind of hard to motive myself. I'll try to have something up tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    Sorry guys. With the steady stream of LPs, some of which are far superior to mine, it's kind of hard to motive myself. I'll try to have something up tonight.
    Riiiiight. It's totally not you Speedrunning Pearl to try and breed yourself some shiny Staryus and Kabutos.

I do not apologize for causing the lack of updates. Personally, I blame the rap music.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

If it helps you get more done, I feel I should state that this is the best pokemon lets play Ive seen (Some others are awesome, this is just more so) and my 3rd favourite thread on this forum in general at the moment.

"The best lets play shouldnt stop being so because theres lots of immitations" - Abe Lincon, 1813

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

Jea, my friend, This is, quite frankly, more fun to read than any of the other ones. Because, in this one, you get some good ol' fashion humor.
    All thanks to Domochevsky for the epic avatar

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show
    Illic est haud affectus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud ignarus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud perturbatio, illic est hunger.
    There est haud chaos, illic est hunger.
    There est haud nex, illic est Hive.

Δεν υπάρχει συναίσθημα, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει άγνοια, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει πάθος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει χάος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει θάνατος, υπάρχει το Καταφύγιο.

19. - Top - End - #259

Indeed; you honestly have the funniest LP on this forum.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you for the praise everyone, it really means a lot. I apologize for the shortness of this update, but some of the pictures ended up getting saved over, somehow. I'm going to try and recreate what happened in the first fifteen or so pictures with diary entry from Janick. I'm very sorry.
    The Diary of Janick, Entry 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, I was in Goldenrod City, and I decided I would go to the Gym to challenge the leader here. Ripper was still in the PC box, because he's got no heart. I swear, for something that is basically a three and a half foot alligator of death, he doesn't seem to enjoy fighting very much. Still, I've got Stoney, Sir Misery, and Murderface if I need to bring in some big guns. However, Carlos (that son of a bitch) was standing in front of the Gym door. I've beaten him like, three or four times already, but always with Ripper. His Wartortle could be a big threat to Stoney, and his Elekid could do a bit of damage to Murderface, to say nothing of anything else he might have.

So, I decided to go training. I checked my team. Stoney, Sir Misery, Murderface, Ivy2, Invincible, and Billy Idol. Ripper was in the box with that stupid Egg. I decided that Ivy2 would be the easiest to train, since she actually has some decent attacks and doesn't need to rely on a teammate to win fights. Back in that cave, there were a lot of Onix, Sandshrew, and Geodudes, which she has type advantage over, so I decided to start there.

Ivy2 pretty much kicked ass. She was taking down a bunch of Geodudes all by herself. She learned some new moves while we were out, Poison Sting and Stun Spore. She's not quite at the level of Murderface, Stoney, and Misery yet, but she's getting there. Next, I decided to try toughening up Billy Idol. He was looking a bit flabby and pathetic next to the rest of the team. Even Invincible, with Headbutt, looked more impressive.

Unfortunately, the first enemy that came at the little worm was a giant Onix. I made a great pun when we saw it. I said, "Hey Billy, I think that it's time...to Rock!". I think he'd have laughed if he weren't a Caterpie. And if he weren't terrified out of his mind. He put up a good fight, but the Onix nearly killed him, so I had to send in Stoney to take him. I decided to go back to the Pokemon Center in Goldenrod to heal up, and check if Carlos was still blocking the way.

I got up to Route 34. Now, Route 34 has a bunch of crappy Pokemon. It has Pidgeys and Zubats and Caterpies, so I've jsut been ignoring it. But I ran into this weird pink blob called a Ditto, and I was mildly interested, so I caught it. I put Stoney in the PC box to take a look at the Ditto. He seemed to be really...slutty, actually, around the rest of the team. I named him De Sade.

I passed by this building I'd seen a few times but never gone into. De Sade was...I don't know what to call his movement, but he was moving next to me, and the weird old man by the fence called out to me. I went over, and he asked to look at De Sade. I let him, and his face lit up.

"Why boy, do you know what you have here? This is a Ditto!" He exclaimed. "I know." I said. "Boy, I run a day-care center with my wife, here in this building, and we watch Pokemon for trainers who can't, and let me tell you, Ditto is a pleasure to have around. They're always so friendly, and kind, and sweet. How about you let us look after the little fellow for a while?" I was apprehensive. De Sade looked like he didn't want to go, so I declined.

"Ah, but boy, it's a wonderful sight to watch a Ditto around other Pokemon. All that rubbery flesh, twisting, turning, changing. And when it gets dark...they breed." I blinked. "Breed?" "Oh yeah. Ditto is a great breeder. So limber. And with the shape-changing thing, they can become just about anything. It's a marvel to watch, really. Sometimes the wife and I, we just sit out on the porch at night and watch them."

Okay, now I was feeling uncomfortable. I started to back away, but this guy wouldn't shut up. "Why, just last week we had a Ditto here with a Magmar, and that was a real joy to watch. You should've seen it-" "Alright, just take him! I'll pay you, just stop talking!" De Sade looked really betrayed, and so I ammended my statement. "Keep him away from any other trainers' Pokemon." The man nodded like he understood. "I get it. Don't want to have to deal with any unwanted Eggs. It'll cost you extra, though." I frowned. "Alright, fine." I shelled out some cash and he took De Sade.

I felt a little bad about leaving him, but he wasn't going to be able to fight very well, and I had training to do. I continued training Billy Idol. After a few more fights, he evolved into a Metapod. I made another hilarious pun. "Is this what you meant when you said you wanted to rock HARDER?". I decided we'd done enough training for one day, so we went inside a Pokemon Center to rest. I thought I heard a click in the night, and light footsteps, but I checked in the morning and Murderface was in his Pokeball, so I must've dreamt it. Huh.

Chapter 12
    Spoiler
    Show

Stoney looked like he was still a little tired, so I decided to keep him in the box. Carlos was still guarding the Gym, waiting for me obviously. It's like he doesn't even have a life. I decided to go training again, but north of the city this time.

I got stopped by this jackass.

He phrased it like a question, but he didn't really give me much of a choice. I only had five Pokeballs on my belt, and he just sort of threw this one at me.

OH and it's something terrible. Fantastic. It's not even worth stealing. I might as well go find this friend, so he can take this Pokemon off my hands.

Well I found him, and he gave me a TM. He told me to keep the Spearow though. Dammit. I went straight to the Pokemon Center and dumped it in the box.

I was so close to New Bark Town at this point, I figured I'd just go back and give "Mom" her cut of what I'd made so far. Didn't want her getting impatient and blowing my cover.

The ability to cut four foot shrubbery is invaluable. For example, I discovered I have a backyard. Sort of.

Huh. That's weird. It sounds like something is yelling. Hm...

...Eh?

...There is a Pikachu. Under my house. What the hell. It looked stuck, so I grabbed it and pulled it out.

...It just stole one of my Pokeballs. And jumped inside. Oh gawd what have I done?

...Apparently some idiot actually named it 'Pikachu' as well. It must have belonged to someone before I found it. What kind of idiot ten year old names their Pikachu 'Pikachu', and then loses it? How irresponsible.

I started looking through my backpack to see how many Pokeball I had left, because I thought I was starting to run low. I only had one, but I also discovered I had a fishing rod. When the hell did I get a fishing rod? Actually, doesn't matter. Time to go fishing.

Many hours later
    Okay, this is officially the dumbest sport in the world. Seriously, I think I'm going to snap this rod in ha-Oh my god I caught something. Thank you Poseidon! Alright whatever you are, feel the might of my Pokeball!

I caught a Magikarp. Yeah, you look like you're going to suck. To the box with you. Back to training!
    I was actually finished with Billy Idol, since he was sort of sucking, but he went off and attacked this puny Rattata and beat it, and then he started to glow.

This would've been a good place for a pun, but this thing looks like it might actually be marginally useful. Also I can't think of one.

Oh, can't ignore that. I suppose if I'd just changed from a giant phallic symbol to a freaking BUTTERFLY, I'd be confused too. I walked back to the Pokemon Center to look over my team. I could probably beat Carlos now, even without Ripper, but I wanted a more solid team. It would mean training up my weaker guys, so that I had a team of 6 that would be really tough.

But who to choose...Hm...

Alright, so time for some audience interaction. You guys can vote on who you want in my party of 6 for the time being. Vote on who you'd like to see worked into the story, not necessarily who is the most powerful (or least powerful, if you want to mess with me).
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

21. - Top - End - #261

Awesome.
    Well let's see...
    Sir Misery(Obviously)
    Murderface
    Stony
    Posiedon
    Invincible
    Egg/ Or if you refuse to use Egg, Billy Idol.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, and Ripper can be brought back now if you want him to, but even if he doesn't make the cut, he will be back eventually.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Grind for a Gyarados.

Eff crap up.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

in order of prefenence:

Murderface
    Sir Misery
    Posiedan
    Ripper
    Billy Idol
    Pikachu
    Dimir member in good evil standing.

Member of the Evil League of Evil.

Browncoat. Because no power in the 'verse can stop us.

Member in good contested standing of the Mammal Club.

Honorary turtle. See above.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tao the Ninja View Post
    in order of prefenence:

Murderface
    Sir Misery
    Posiedan
    Ripper
    Billy Idol
    Pikachu
    Pretty much this.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Let me see:

Stoney
    Invincible
    Sir Misery
    Invincible
    Invincible
    Posiedan

27. - Top - End - #267
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

-You are, under no circumstance, allowed to get a second pokemon from any given area.
    -You are, under no circumstance, allowed to use items outside of battle. If you were poisoned on your last turn of the battle, you better hope to god theres a pokemon center nearby.
    ...*twitch*

I just really, really hope you didn't write that. That's just... What kind of person thinks in such language?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-07-09 at 07:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ripper
    Sir Misery
    Murderface
    Stoney (Unless of course you can't evolve him.)
    Poseidon
    Pikachu
    (Billy Idol if you can't evolve Stoney to Golem)

Whatever gets seventh place could be shoved in the day care with that whorrible ditto. For training purposes, obviously.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

All strange evolutions have been modified to be with a stone or at a certain level. Haunter becomes Gengar at 42, Graveler becomes Golem at 42, Slowbro becomes Slowking with a Water Stone. Complete list in the Spoiler.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Haunter evolves into Gengar at level 42
    Onix evolves into Steelix at level 40
    Kadabra evolves into Alakazam at level 40
    Machoke evolves into Machamp at level 45
    Gravler evolves into Golem at level 42
    Seadra evolves into Kingdra at level 50
    Scyter evolves into Scizor with a Moon Stone
    Eevee evolves into Espeon with a Sun Stone
    Eevee evolves into Umbreon with a Moon Stone
    Porygon evolves into Porygon2 at level 40
    Clamperl evolves into Huntail with a Moon Stone
    Clamperl evolves into Gorebyss with a Sun Stone
    Slowbro evolves into Slowking with a Water Stone

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ah. Okay, Stoney stays for Tanking. I wanted to make sure. I've had a friend who played one where they could evolve, and another one where they couldn't. Just wanted to make sure he could reach full glory.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.