Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Batgirl v. Batgirl?!

    Nope, I don't mean the old Barbara Gordon Batgirl versus the new um, what's her name Batgirl. I mean that I'm watching the movie Bats starting Dina Meyer as a professor of zoology specialzing in bats, and remembering that she also stared as Oracle ie Barbara Gordon ie former Batgirl in the short-lived tv show, Birds of Prey. So that's Dina Meyers as two different Batgirls! :D
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

    The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Brett Wong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    B.C. Canada Vancouver
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batgirl v. Batgirl?!

    depends if batman interveens.
    I joined the Roy Fan Club and all I got was this lousy smiley.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Taruk Dark-Wind, Half-Orc Barbarian/Monk by Tired N' Drowzy
    Spoiler
    Show
    HOMM V Knight by Tomb Raven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dark Knight done up by Ink

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batgirl v. Batgirl?!

    I must say that this movie is pretty much like every other monsterized-animal/disaster movie that Sci Fi shows on Saturday nights: pretty poor. Not even Dina Meyer and Lou Diamond Philips can save this sad script. :(
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

    The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mr._Blinky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batgirl v. Batgirl?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Advanced Tactics
    depends if batman interveens.
    Actually, I think he'd just watch. ;)

    "Bat fight!!"
    Awesome avatar by potatocubed.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batgirl v. Batgirl?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blinky

    Actually, I think he'd just watch. ;)

    "Bat fight!!"
    LOL. Actually there's no match. Dina Meyer as Oracle could win even though she's confined to a wheelchair. This Bats movie has four scientists, with three specialized in bats, the movie has run for an hour and 20 minutes and yet not a single one of them has suggested using sound to disorient the bats. (Actually the scientist who created the advanced, intelligent, omnivorous bats has been secretly working against them, but Dina Meyers as Oracle would have figured out the sonic thing in like the first 5 minutes.)

    Ok, 90 minutes into the 120-movie, and nobody's thought of using sound, and the bats came and killed their evil scientist creator. I mean he sort of had it coming, but the movie is so weaky written that I can't even get into his having it coming.
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

    The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    dung on the Missouri Bootheel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Batgirl v. Batgirl

    Could we bring in Dr. Kurt Langstrom on this? I mean, as a Chiroptera expert, he's probably have figured out the sonic thing fairly fast, and I've always wanted to see Man-Bat vs. Batgirl. ;D


    Kim Possible's biggest fan!


    A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do. --Bob Dylan

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batgirl v. Batgirl

    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis_McCrablice
    Could we bring in Dr. Kurt Langstrom on this? I mean, as a Chiroptera expert, he's probably have figured out the sonic thing fairly fast, and I've always wanted to see Man-Bat vs. Batgirl. ;D
    Yeah, you know, I was thinking about starting a Batman v. Manbat thread. How about Batgirl v. Manbat indeed?!
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

    The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    DeathQuaker
    Guest in the Playground

    Default Re: Batgirl v. Batgirl?!

    (I am discussing Comics Oracle for most of this, though TV Oracle has similar skill set, so...)

    Oracle vs. Bat-Scientist: Oracle would win; is probably smarter and has more degrees for one thing. Second of all, probably hacks Bat-Scientist's computer and stealsdeletes Bat-Scientist's groundbreaking research paper, causing Bat-Scientist to crumble into quivering wreck. And if it comes to hand to hand, Bat-Scientist probably has no training, so will find herself pinned to wall by escrima sticks or zotted by the taser fitted into Oracle's chair.

    Oracle vs. Batgirl II (Cassandra Cain): In hand to hand, Cass would destroy Barbara, though Barbara might be able to pull together some psychological warfare things that would help. Or she jumps up all her clocktower defenses so Cass can't get to her (but Cass could probably beat those in time).

    Oracle (Babs Gordon) vs Batgirl I (Babs Gordon the Younger): Oracle would win because she's wiser and more experienced and Batgirl wouldn't want to fight a woman in a wheelchair anyway. And Oracle is a much better hero anyway.

    Batgirl (Babs Gordon) vs Man-Bat: Probably Man-Bat, not sure about that.

    Batgirl (Cassie Cain) vs Man-bat: Probably Cassie. She gave Lady Shiva a fair licking; I doubt I psycho with wings will cause her much trouble.

    Oracle vs Batman: Likely Batman, though Oracle at least gave him a good dressing down a few issues of the comic ago.

    Comics Oracle vs TV Oracle: Comics Oracle proves to TV Oracle she was in an inferior series with poor writing, and demonstrates that she has much cooler and much better allies. Then hacks TV Oracle's batgirl-cyber spine and makes TV Oracle do a little dance.

    (Not a fangirl. No not me. ;) )

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Were-Sandwich's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Batgirl v. Batgirl?!

    Bats sounds like a cool movie. Channel, time, cinema?
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Chumleigh View Post
    Oh.
    Oh, my.
    You just earned seventeen cool points by my reckoning. And I'm so sigging that.
    Cheers,
    --Count Chumleigh

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batgirl v. Batgirl?!

    Quote Originally Posted by DeathQuaker
    (I am discussing Comics Oracle for most of this, though TV Oracle has similar skill set, so...)

    Oracle vs. Bat-Scientist: Oracle would win; is probably smarter and has more degrees for one thing. Second of all, probably hacks Bat-Scientist's computer and stealsdeletes Bat-Scientist's groundbreaking research paper, causing Bat-Scientist to crumble into quivering wreck. And if it comes to hand to hand, Bat-Scientist probably has no training, so will find herself pinned to wall by escrima sticks or zotted by the taser fitted into Oracle's chair.

    Oracle vs. Batgirl II (Cassandra Cain): In hand to hand, Cass would destroy Barbara, though Barbara might be able to pull together some psychological warfare things that would help. Or she jumps up all her clocktower defenses so Cass can't get to her (but Cass could probably beat those in time).

    Oracle (Babs Gordon) vs Batgirl I (Babs Gordon the Younger): Oracle would win because she's wiser and more experienced and Batgirl wouldn't want to fight a woman in a wheelchair anyway. And Oracle is a much better hero anyway.

    Batgirl (Babs Gordon) vs Man-Bat: Probably Man-Bat, not sure about that.

    Batgirl (Cassie Cain) vs Man-bat: Probably Cassie. She gave Lady Shiva a fair licking; I doubt I psycho with wings will cause her much trouble.

    Oracle vs Batman: Likely Batman, though Oracle at least gave him a good dressing down a few issues of the comic ago.

    Comics Oracle vs TV Oracle: Comics Oracle proves to TV Oracle she was in an inferior series with poor writing, and demonstrates that she has much cooler and much better allies. Then hacks TV Oracle's batgirl-cyber spine and makes TV Oracle do a little dance.

    (Not a fangirl. No not me. ;) )
    Wow, nobody can accuse you of not being thorough!

    In defense of the Bat-professor I have to say that she was a very hands-on type, so deleting a research paper certainly wouldn't hurt her. It was still such a bad movie that I didn't even watch the end.


    Quote Originally Posted by Were-Sandwich
    Bats sounds like a cool movie. Channel, time, cinema?
    Were-Sandwich, I hardly recognized you with your new avatar. Sci Fi showed Bats last night, and according to Yahoo TV there are no other showings scheduled.
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

    The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Batgirl v. Batgirl?!

    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStick
    This Bats movie has four scientists, with three specialized in bats, the movie has run for an hour and 20 minutes and yet not a single one of them has suggested using sound to disorient the bats. (Actually the scientist who created the advanced, intelligent, omnivorous bats has been secretly working against them, but Dina Meyers as Oracle would have figured out the sonic thing in like the first 5 minutes.)

    Ok, 90 minutes into the 120-movie, and nobody's thought of using sound, and the bats came and killed their evil scientist creator. I mean he sort of had it coming, but the movie is so weaky written that I can't even get into his having it coming.
    This reminds me of watching the Daredevil movie.

    I kept expecting Daredevil to realize that breaking the lights in the area he was fighting in would put the combatant who didn't need to see at a huge advantage, but no.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are what you do. Choose again, and change." --Miles Vorkosigan

    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batgirl v. Batgirl?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kish
    This reminds me of watching the Daredevil movie.

    I kept expecting Daredevil to realize that breaking the lights in the area he was fighting in would put the combatant who didn't need to see at a huge advantage, but no.
    ROFLMAO! Good one, Kish! :D
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

    The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Danville

    Default Re: Batgirl v. Batgirl?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kish
    This reminds me of watching the Daredevil movie.

    I kept expecting Daredevil to realize that breaking the lights in the area he was fighting in would put the combatant who didn't need to see at a huge advantage, but no.
    Daredevil can't see either...can he?

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Saithis Bladewing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Batgirl v. Batgirl?!

    Quote Originally Posted by King Steward

    Daredevil can't see either...can he?

    Daredevil can't see and that's the point. Him breaking all the lights would give him a huge advantage.
    A GreatOld One...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Danville

    Default Re: Batgirl v. Batgirl?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel Kleyvanacavth


    Daredevil can't see and that's the point. Him breaking all the lights would give him a huge advantage.
    Oh, I get it now! For a second I thought that the original post was about his opponent.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rimouski, Quebec
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batgirl v. Batgirl?!

    lolz fighting is bat, kids.


    ((This retarded pun was brought to you by your local grumpy monk trying to make some humour))

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Batgirl v. Batgirl?!

    Heh. The movie is long gone (ok, three days gone) but the thread lives on! :D
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

    The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •