New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam]Survivors Vs. Blu Team Vs. Gordon Freeman Vs. Little Babies Vs. GLaDOS

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    I've heard your opinion of Heavy, but I'd add them into that list as well. Depending on map, and definitely the player, Heavy is tied for my favorite pocket. (Soldier, of course, is also up there.)
    The problem isn't that Heavies are smelly, it's that they're far too slow to keep up with a Medic, plus they suck at long ranges whereas Soldiers and Demomen remain viable at all ranges, though Demomen slightly less so.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

2. - Top - End - #872
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam]Survivors Vs. Blu Team Vs. Gordon Freeman Vs. Little Babies Vs. GLaDOS

Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Just do it with bots and hole up in the far right of the swamp by the plane.
    This, only try to replace bots with people.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Also, anyone here have Defcon for Steam? Global thermonuclear war seems like fun to have now and again.
    I [ChHa] Volatar own DEFCON on Steam.

Hit me up if you want a game of it :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonarch View Post
    If you need it, I can help anyone who needs it.
    I don't have it, I'll try the last man on earth first though. If that fails, help getting that would be nice.

*UPDATE*

You don't get the achievement on last man on earth.
    Last edited by Scuzzball; 2010-05-29 at 04:03 PM.

5. - Top - End - #875

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonarch View Post
    This, only try to replace bots with people.
    Bots have auto aim and don't shoot you.
    Spoiler
    Show

A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, bots are actually very good shots. It's movement and inventory management that's the problem.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

7. - Top - End - #877

Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    Yeah, bots are actually very good shots. It's movement and inventory management that's the problem.
    It's cause they are aim-bots. Not inventory bots. Or moving bots. Or helping bots.

8. - Top - End - #878

Quote Originally Posted by Scuzzball View Post
    It's cause they are aim-bots. Not inventory bots. Or moving bots. Or helping bots.
    What about Byrnbots? Could they help out much?

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

9. - Top - End - #879

No, because Byrnbots Rage too much.

And Athiest God, pyros aren't Jockeys. Please try to remember this in future.
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!

10. - Top - End - #880
    Troll in the Playground

What about Byrnbots? Could they help out much?
    I asked one about it. He just said: WHY WOULD WE DO THAT
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by xp194 View Post
    And Athiest God, pyros aren't Jockeys. Please try to remember this in future.

I beg to differ.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

12. - Top - End - #882

The more I play Portal, the more I am convinced of two things:

GLaDOS wanted you to kill her.
    There should definitely not be a sequel.

Man, I love this game so much.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

13. - Top - End - #883

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    I...

I stand corrected...
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!

14. - Top - End - #884

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    The more I play Portal, the more I am convinced of two things:

GLaDOS wanted you to kill her.
    There should definitely not be a sequel.

Man, I love this game so much.
    You act like the sequel isn't going to keep up the tradition of good storytelling.

From reading various articles, it probably is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

15. - Top - End - #885

Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    You act like the sequel isn't going to keep up the tradition of good storytelling.
    I act like the sequel is going to fail to live up to the amazing standalone story offered by Portal.
    BANG → !

16. - Top - End - #886

Imp

I act like the sequel is going to fail to live up to the amazing standalone story offered by Portal.
    Yes, but no one cares. ITS MOAR PORTAL

MOAR IS BETTER
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

Giving what we've heard about the story I'm inclined to say it's probably going to dwarf the original.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowing that your species is long long gone and the AIs of Apeture Science are the only company you will ever have is more soul crushing than anything the original game could throw at you.

It's the gameplay that might suffer given it's gonna be the exact same game mechanic they had last time with a bunch of new toys and co-op thrown on top to hide the fact

But then hey, Portal's plot saved it from being just Narbacular Drop with a physics engine, so I reckon the sequel will do just fine by my standards.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-05-29 at 09:07 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ettin in the Playground

Dogmantra you're going to have to realize this is going to end one of two ways:

1. Portal 2 is objectively and systematically the greatest thing of all time, and you are saddened that you were so wrong.

2. Portal 2 is amazing, being made by Valve, and only doesn't live up to Portal 1 because of the original's seeming singularity. You then continue bitching about it like a whiny man-child on these forums and find an empty syringe between your third and fourth vertebrae, before turning around, seeing me, and falling into a series of painful, incredibly fatal seizures.

19. - Top - End - #889

Imp

PHASE WINS

FATALITY
    PHASETALITY
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post

1. Portal 2 is objectively and systematically the greatest thing of all time, and you are saddened that you were so wrong.

2. Portal 2 is amazing, being made by Valve, and only doesn't live up to Portal 1 because of the original's seeming singularity. You then continue bitching about it like a whiny man-child on these forums and find an empty syringe between your third and fourth vertebrae, before turning around, seeing me, and falling into a series of painful, incredibly fatal seizures.
    Note to Self: Phase is not to be invited to any of my parties. Ever.

21. - Top - End - #891

Kobold

A few hours after the event:

Detective Rutskarn: Poor sod.
    Susan Brindle: What killed him?
    Detective Rutskarn: It would appear he was injected with... morphine?
    Susan Brindle: Of course. He always did have the opposite reaction to everything.
    Detective Rutskarn: Felled by his own inability to conform. Why are you here again?
    Susan Brindle: Sometimes I climb through windows.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

22. - Top - End - #892

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowing that your species is long long gone and the AIs of Apeture Science are the only company you will ever have is more soul crushing than anything the original game could throw at you.
    I am going to cry. That's horrible.

What I thought was the most soul crushing about Portal is that your sole purpose is to assist a malevolent AI in committing suicide before being discarded by the roadside.
    BANG → !

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice matches, had loads of fun.

And Alter, how do you stay alive so well?

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

I just played my first game of competitive TF2. It was way awesome and way fun. I think I am hooked

I need to get a lot better though. It is also apparent that I really need to figure out the cause of my occasional connection hiccups. Having my internet drop all the packets from the very moment Djinn calls for me to pop my uber until 10 seconds later when I discover I am a splatter of blood on the wall sort of sucks.
    My Twitter

25. - Top - End - #895
    Banned

The problem isn't that Heavies are smelly, it's that they're far too slow to keep up with a Medic, plus they suck at long ranges whereas Soldiers and Demomen remain viable at all ranges, though Demomen slightly less so.
    Soldiers? Long range? Ah ha ha ha ha ha. Ha.

...AI takes over facility and kills all inhabitants forcing subjects to perform draconian tasks in order to test a new form of weaponry.

I don't suppose you've ever read any of the millions of scifi novels that have a similar storyline then? It was the way in which it was presented and the quirky humor that made Portal good.

Portal 2 is objectively and systematically the greatest thing of all time, and you are saddened that you were so wrong.
    What was it you said about Spore again?

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

Someone who's name I forget pulled out the equalizer while I was their medic in the 6v6 we were playing earlier. My rage was contained at the time for the sake of the game but now I will vent it to that nameless soldier.

My rage face:
    My Twitter

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    Someone who's name I forget pulled out the equalizer while I was their medic in the 6v6 we were playing earlier. My rage was contained at the time for the sake of the game but now I will vent it to that nameless soldier.

My rage face:
    I bet it was Dogmantra.

28. - Top - End - #898

Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post

My rage face:
    Yeah that was me.
    "I am the very model of a scientist Salarian,
    I've studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian,
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
    Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology!
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!"

Don't play League of Legends? Want to?

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    What was it you said about Spore again?
    I said that I wish it were made by Valve, as Valve respect the intelligence of their playerbase not to dumb down their game.

30. - Top - End - #900

Guess who crafted the 2nd best Medic hat today?

Said hat being the Vintage Tyrolean.
    Last edited by mightymonarch; 2010-05-30 at 01:03 AM.