New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: marvel Vs dc

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground
    Default marvel Vs dc

I am fed up with the constant bickering about could batman beat the amazing spider man. So i set up this thread, all you have to do is post about any of your worst or favourite super heroe or heroine for a comic made by either dc or marvel, but wait there's you also need to say which comic maker is your favourite, dc or marvel, who will win?

I'l start off wolverine is my favorite super heroe and my sent favourite is batman.

Marvel is my favorite.
    thog thog thog HOO HOO HOO&& &&this cool banner of me toasting red cloud was made by DEMON HUNTER. Good luck in the iron avater competition DEMONHUNTER.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: marvel Vs dc

Okay, this has been done by Marvel and DC before. I have all four comics and the first edition of the subsequent Amalgam series. And I am 100% pissed at the outcome of the fights.

Superman beat the Hulk (the hulk is stronger)
    Wolverine beat Lobo (Lobo is cooler)
    Batman beat captain america (one I'm still scratching my head about because captain america has a vibranium shield and is Stronger, Faster, and Tougher than batman)

It goes on and on like this, It was done by votes so that might have somehting to do with it. One that I wanted to see was Dr. Strange vs Fate.

Also I like Marvel better

There is also a cardgame about it (I'm building a Thanos/Appocolipse deck)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Favourite character BTB: Green Arrow, just for storylines.

Anyway, Marvel wins the fight. At least until Batman gets involved.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111
    Okay, this has been done by Marvel and DC before. I have all four comics and the first edition of the subsequent Amalgam series. And I am 100% pissed at the outcome of the fights.

Superman beat the Hulk (the hulk is stronger)
    Wolverine beat Lobo (Lobo is cooler)
    Batman beat captain america (one I'm still scratching my head about because captain america has a vibranium shield and is Stronger, Faster, and Tougher than batman)
    I don't see why you're complaining about these:

Superman vs. Hulk -- Superman should win this. Even if Hulk is stronger (which is debatable), Superman has flight, heat vision, and so forth, which gives him a huge tactical advantage. You'll also recall that he won by using the heat vision.

Wolverine vs. Lobo -- While Lobo should be more powerful, I didn't care that Wolverine won precisely because I think Lobo is such an uncool character.

Batman vs. Captain America -- Admittedly, this is the most controversial fight (which is probably why it was such an indecisive victory), but it's not really a stretch to think that Batman could win this, even if you think Captain America should have an advantage. If nothing else, the battleground favored Batman, since he ended up being able to make use of stealth and surprise.

The one that I thought was bad was when Storm beat Wonder Woman--WW should pretty clearly have taken that one. There may be others like that, but I can't remember them at the moment.
    HUMANS....... ARE....... SUPERIORRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But she was naked! And all... articulate!!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marvel is the best...

But let's see, my favorite super is probably spider-man, he's just so cool! Then deadpool.

But anyway, I don't really have a favorite DC super because quite frankly I despise both batman and superman....

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Holy_Knight
    Superman vs. Hulk -- Superman should win this. Even if Hulk is stronger (which is debatable), Superman has flight, heat vision, and so forth, which gives him a huge tactical advantage. You'll also recall that he won by using the heat vision.
    Let me put it this way Hulk >= Doomsday > Superman

Also The Electra vs. Catwoman fight was a huge ****fest

Same goes for Aquaman vs Namor, Aquaman cheated...seriously, A killer whale? what was a killer whale doing so close to a peir anyways?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marvel wins in a straight up fight, but DC wins with preparation

;D
    Be bold, and powerful forces will come to your aid.

Darian Dawnstrider Avatar by Sampi

Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    KAPOW!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnstrider_Moogle
    Marvel wins in a straight up fight, but DC wins with preparation

;D

Quoted for Truth, and for winning the internet. ;D

Some things are better left in the darkest places...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Steam

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

The problem is that DC tends to be a more high-powered world than Marvel. Heroes and villains tend to be more powerful in the DC Universe, where they have to contend with the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman. Marvel has powerful characters, of course, don't get me wrong, but DC has a lot more of them.

Of course, I prefer Marvel because it tends to push the human side of the characters more. But in a pure knock-down brawl, the Marvel heroes would have difficulty fighting the DC heroes.
    I am a poor man, some say I’m half crazy,
    son of the sword and the knife
    Lady I pledge you my sword and my honor,
    my heart and my pride and my life
    --Bella Doña, by Joe Bethancourt
    Spoiler
    Show

Alas, poor Draknir. By Mephibosheth

Owl-atar by KingGolem
    You will be missed, dear 'stache...

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JackMann
    The problem is that DC tends to be a more high-powered world than Marvel. Heroes and villains tend to be more powerful in the DC Universe, where they have to contend with the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman. Marvel has powerful characters, of course, don't get me wrong, but DC has a lot more of them.

Of course, I prefer Marvel because it tends to push the human side of the characters more. But in a pure knock-down brawl, the Marvel heroes would have difficulty fighting the DC heroes.
    Now way! marvel heros have much more high power villains!(And Dr. Strange is just short of being a god) Marvel has Galactus, Thanos (F-ing INFINITY GAUNTLET), Dormammu, Apocolypse, Tyrant, Shuma-Gorath, Mephisto, Nightmare, Blackheart. The list goes on. Name ANY DC villain that is on par with any of those guys.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

GiantITP beats both!
    Like my Tompkintar?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Now way! marvel heros have much more high power villains!(And Dr. Strange is just short of being a god) Marvel has Galactus, Thanos (F-ing INFINITY GAUNTLET), Dormammu, Apocolypse, Tyrant, Shuma-Gorath, Mephisto, Nightmare, Blackheart. The list goes on. Name ANY DC villain that is on par with any of those guys.
    Sinestro, Darkseid, Doomsday, Satan (yes that one), the whole freaking Thangarian race, the Martians, and Brainaic all spring to mind as being as powerful, or more so, than any of the characters mentioned from Marvel.

Darkseid alone is an Apocalypse/Thanos combo that has fought Superman to his knees. Not a fun guy to fight. At a functional level I'm not familiar to enough with DC to counter Galactus. Then again Galactus isn't really a villain, he's a primal force of creation, and he certainly isn't evil.

At any rate we could argue back and forth ad nauseum about who has more powerful characters. In every instance I'm sure that we can find the equivilent or more powerful character from each publisher.

As for Bats vs Caps, it was controversial because at a pratical level they are the closest to each in skill, at least from main line comics. Caps, at least as I understand the character, has enhanced human abilities. He isn't superhuman, merely the best that human can possibly be. While Batman isn't the best that a human can be, this is arguable since he's certainly in the top 20 in terms of physical conditioning and hand to hand combat, he does have a variety of other abilities and ways of winning a fight that would even the odds. If we take into account that Batman prefers darkness, and urban environs as his preferred hunting grounds, then Caps has a problem. Toe to toe fist fight, Caps wins after a brutal brawl. In a war of attrition played out through the back alleys and slums of Gotham I give this one to Bats since this is how Batman prefers to operate.

Anyhoo, I have no doubt that Lady Shiva would leave Caps as little more than a pile of strawberry jam. Then again I think that any number of Marvel characters could do the same to Lady Shiva, so its a moot point and we end up back to arguing about which publisher has more powerful characters. This all leads to the power creep to grab audiences with more "exciting" stories. My favourite Batman stories are still A Long Halloween and Dark Victory, both good solid detective stories with a minimum of combat.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm sorry but thanos is infinately more powerful than darkseid. Allow me to elaborate:
    Thanos possesses nearly incalculable superhuman power. The most powerful of the Titanian Eternals, Thanos is an Eternal mutant whose massive thick-hided body grants him the ability to synthesize cosmic energy for his personal use. (This is a trait that Thanos shares with his father, Alars, and the Earth-born Eternals, but not with most Titan-born Eternals.) Through bionic amplification, Thanos has vastly increased his physical strength and resilience. Through meditation, certain mystical techniques, and the aid of Death itself, Thanos has augmented his power in still other ways - enabling him to tap, transform, and direct vast quantities of cosmic energy for destructive force or protective shielding.

Thanos has also demonstrated psionic abilities (e.g. telepathy, astral projection, mental domination). Thanos possesses a very high level of invulnerability, allowing him to take almost any sort of damage without being harmed and be almost completely resistant to reality manipulation and matter transmutation. Death cursed him with immortality, which makes him truly impossible to kill. Thanos possesses a vast array of highly advanced technology, one such example is a compact device (always concealed on him) enabling him to teleport vast distances.

Perhaps deadliest of all of Thanos's attributes is his mind; his superhuman intellect and legendary cunning are dedicated to the annihilation of life and the mastery of any technology or mysticism that will alow him to achieve this goal.

Aside from his great power, Thanos is a superb tactician and is well-versed in many areas of arcane lore. He possesses technology that allows him to time-travel and travel through alternate dimensions. Thanos is also a highly formidable hand-to-hand combatant, having fought the likes of the Galactus-Spawned Tyrant (with the help of one of Tyrant's own power orbs) to a near stand-still, and trained his adopted daughter Gamora to become the universe's most feared female assassin. As powerful as he is, Thanos usually seeks to avoid physical confrontations and prefers outwitting his opponents and working through agents and thralls. Thanos is, and will always remain, a threat to all life and one of the most dangerous beings in the universe.
    "I am now omnipotent. What should I do with such almighty power? The answer to that is really quite simple: Anything I want. Anything. I am incapable of error. Any result that displeases me I can simply reverse. There is nothing I need to worry on, for I am Thanos. And Thanos is supreme." -Thanos

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

I'm sorry but thanos is infinately more powerful than darkseid. Allow me to elaborate:

"I am now omnipotent. What should I do with such almighty power? The answer to that is really quite simple: Anything I want. Anything. I am incapable of error. Any result that displeases me I can simply reverse. There is nothing I need to worry on, for I am Thanos. And Thanos is supreme." -Thanos

You know that sounds suprising like Darkseid. I mean the guy is only controls multi solar system star empire, he has crushed civilizations and by all accounts is immortal. Thanos is Darkseid , and Darkseid is Thanos. They are DC's and Marvel's answer the all powerful supervillain respectively. To quote Wikipedia on Darkseid:

Quoth the Wiki:
    Darkseid is formidable to the point of omnipotence, capable of doing almost anything with his vast powers and can replicate any effect he can imagine. The only limit on Darkseid's abilities is their relativity to his will power. For example, he is capable of moving entire solar systems by force of will alone, but whilst doing so he would not have the focus to perform many other acts. All of Darkseid's capabilities stem from his omnipotence.
    The Wikipedia article about Darkseid goes on further to discuss how he can create life and matter from nothing. At a general form and function Thanos and Darkseid are designed to do the same thing for two different comic book line ups. Each one is basically omnipotent and possess vast powers beyond any other character in their respective universes. If we really wanted them to fight I can't even imagine what the result would be be. Ruined galaxies left in their wake is at least a start.

I'm pretty sure that one of them was created as that publisher's answre to the other. At this point based on publishing dates the first of the two is Darkseid in 1970 and Thanos in 1973. So it looks like Marvel created Thanos in an attempt to give its universe a Darkseid.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Well we've already had this thread (kinnda) and I'm far too lazy to re-write my arguments agian so I'm going to copy them from the last one.

I like DC.( yes, even though My favorite hero is Magneto from Marvel. )
    I like DC for it's wonderfull writeing. Some people say Marvel is more real, but for me Marvel, though stil great, really ends up soooo soap opera.

I will state my case with the Superman Comic. (superman is my fav. from DC)

superman: Just a beautiful, well thought out peice: A super being arriveing from space, escaping his planet that was doomed by his own peoples Obsession with perfection and control. He doesn't, however, become a complete orphan. He embraces his new world as it embraces him (showing us that it doesn't matter what you are or where your from, what matters is that you love and accept where you are, and who you are now.*awww* A lovely thought.)
    The fact that he can be destroyed/weakened only by his original home (Kryptonite, from Krypton) seems, in some way, very poetic to me. He is balanced by the very thing that made him great on earth: his own planet.

case2 Lex Luther: A great villain. He shows smarts, he shows that superpowers aren't the end all be all.
    The embodiment of greed, jealousy, unjust anger, Luther reminds us of our human flaws, because he really is just that: Pure Human. Totally Mortal.
    Maybe that's why he's such a popular villain. He's the little bit in all of us that just loathes those that are "higher" than us, the rebel that's gonna bring that little smartass down. And the fact that he, a complete mortal, is superman’s biggest threat means a lot more to me than if he were just some pumped up villain on steroids. Again, just beautiful well crafted ideas.

Case3 Lois Lane: Probably one the strongest Female character's out there. She doesn't need superpowers to kick some ass. She's a bloody super-mortal! The one Clark Kent see's as his equal, the only person who can intimidate The Superman! She doesn't really get caught up in that "wallow in self pity crap" as some female characters with superpowers do (I have to point out that even though I love X-men, that's my real beef with them. Some of those super heroines…jeeze. *shakes head* fricken get over it already! You've got bloody superpowers, I don't want your angst!)
    However at the same time she's totally still a woman: She loves, she wins and fails. She feels, there is so much more to her than just "the damsel in distress". She's a Shaman that hasn't quite figured everything out for herself. If that's not real I don't know what is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    as for the Hulk beating Superman: No fricken way. The Hulk get's really dumb when he goes green so he'd probably never beable to use Kryptonite, unless he had a little helper to place it directly in his hand and show him (with diagrams) how to throw in at Superman. Not to mention Supe. can fly, and the Hulk can't. He could just fly out of the Hulks reach then lazer beam Mr.Green.

(p.s sweet avatar Hamsterboy!)

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caillach
    Case3 Lois Lane: Probably one the strongest Female character's out there. She doesn't need superpowers to kick some ass. She's a bloody super-mortal! The one Clark Kent see's as his equal, the only person who can intimidate The Superman! She doesn't really get caught up in that "wallow in self pity crap" as some female characters with superpowers do (I have to point out that even though I love X-men, that's my real beef with them. Some of those super heroines…jeeze. *shakes head* fricken get over it already! You've got bloody superpowers, I don't want your angst!)
    However at the same time she's totally still a woman: She loves, she wins and fails. She feels, there is so much more to her than just "the damsel in distress". She's a Shaman that hasn't quite figured everything out for herself. If that's not real I don't know what is.
    I like Lois, but why is she as dumb as a sack of hammers when it comes to Superman? I mean really how does Lois an investigative reporter not get that Superman and Clark Kent are the same guy?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground

DC, I think, has the "classic" characters (Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, etc.), but while some of them are interesting/cool, others are just cut and dry boring to me. In the end, Marvel (especially with the X-men, for one) always seems to have the more interesting and variety of characters to me. So I'd personally have to go with Marvel, but it's a good thing we're not choosing one or the other here, because I don't know what I'd do w/o my "classic" superheroes ;).

p.s. I hate WW, so I'd almost wish anybody could bear her, heh. But as far as Captain America goes, I think he's pretty much a **** too, and not that interesting of a character. Batman has my full support of handing his ass to him ;).
    Shalom

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marvel over DC but I like them both in fact DC helped Stan Lee start Marvel sooo.

Favorite Hero/Villan Gambit(he was both), Psilock, Night Rider, Cinister

On the DC side my favorite is the Flash, Steel, Raven Aries

I could put a huge list for both sides who tie fro second's

And actually Cap vs Bats is a completly even battle Batman trumphing in the night and Cap during the day as they are both at their best in crowded city settings.

I would like to see a Flash vs. Quicksilver battel that would be cool.
    [Image removed - animated]

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight
    Marvel over DC but I like them both in fact DC helped Stan Lee start Marvel sooo.

Favorite Hero/Villan Gambit(he was both), Psilock, Night Rider, Cinister

On the DC side my favorite is the Flash, Steel, Raven Aries

I could put a huge list for both sides who tie fro second's

And actually Cap vs Bats is a completly even battle Batman trumphing in the night and Cap during the day as they are both at their best in crowded city settings.

I would like to see a Flash vs. Quicksilver battel that would be cool.
    But the Scarlet Witch would then affect the probablility of the outcome...God that woman has such a lame power. It makes NO sense, no matter how they try and explain it...
    Shalom

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yah this whole fourm reminds me of Hero Clicks where the Hulk can have all his nomal powers plus a f***ing bazuka bigger than himself. Also where one version of the same hero/villan may be more powerful based off of rarity example Patch and Wolvirein(sp?)

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight
    Yah this whole fourm reminds me of Hero Clicks where the Hulk can have all his nomal powers plus a f***ing bazuka bigger than himself. Also where one version of the same hero/villan may be more powerful based off of rarity example Patch and Wolvirein(sp?)
    Hehe, well she is his sister ;). They usually come in a pair.
    Shalom

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    DeathQuaker
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beleriphon

I like Lois, but why is she as dumb as a sack of hammers when it comes to Superman? I mean really how does Lois an investigative reporter not get that Superman and Clark Kent are the same guy?
    Unless they changed something in the most recent retcon/universe rewrite, she knows and is, in fact, married to him.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeathQuaker

Unless they changed something in the most recent retcon/universe rewrite, she knows and is, in fact, married to him.

As far as all current versions are conserned she is justhis co-worker and only after years of putting 2 and 2 together does SHE discover he is Superman and her love of Superman transfers to Clark.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by amodman

Hehe, well she is his sister ;). They usually come in a pair.
    You are refering to Quicksiver and Scarlet witch correct?

I prefer the X-Men Evolution version of scarlet witch because she is much more like her father and only assists Quicksilver because they are family and if memory serves me right one of them switches side and joins the X-Men(this is just in reference to evolution I know Quicksilver is an X-Men if not just good aligned in the older comics)

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeathQuaker

I know that, I have that comic. What I mean is it took 60 years of comics, and progressively more idiotic behaviour on Lois' part not to notice. I just find the whole thing frustrating since she is by all accounts a very bright woman.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Beleriphon

err....love is blind? :P (ergh, gag me)

but in all seriousness that may have come out of neccessity for writeing and plot purposes (untill they found a new way to write in which Lois discovers truth). But keep in mind some other superhero's idenitys are pretty bloody obvious and manage to keep it from friends and families who they have known for their whole life.

27. - Top - End - #27

dudes, Lois KNOWS/KNEW he was superman for a while. you think she wouldn't figure it out? she keeps up the act for several reasons

1) its fun to mess/tease Clark that way, she how she intentionaly (in classic) provides mock scorn for Clark while making sure he knows how she likes superman? or how she's always 'almost' finding out his secret. she's toying with him and like a lot of girls she thinks seeing his reactions are cute. its like junior high flirting.

2) if he's not ready to tell her, she's not going to force the issue...she's cool that way.

i liked Evolution Scarlet witch, where she could kinda cause random chaos to happen. she does have a vaguely defined superpower...but the bad luck and chaos is better then the new 'rewrite reality, duex ex machina retcon' power she now has

what's everyone's take on Ultimate Witch/QuickSilver. It seems like they're dating? that is wrong on 5 kinda levels? what did Magneto encourage that in hopes or producing a greater mutant grandchild or something *shiver*. Ultimate Magneto...is a ****

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

GiantITP beats both!

True, but thats not the point of this topic. So far marvel is winning. Please keep posting
    thog thog thog HOO HOO HOO&& &&this cool banner of me toasting red cloud was made by DEMON HUNTER. Good luck in the iron avater competition DEMONHUNTER.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Both companies send their lawyers in, armed to the teeth. The lawyers can't find a loophole in the law that allows them to bring harm to the opposing companies' staff or property, so they start spreading propaganda. Comic sales fall as a result of this. Marvel and DC agree that this isn't good for either of them, so they compromise and publicly announce that neither Marvel or DC are better. Fanboys lynch them, and lay waste to the buildings where the staff work.

Riots start between the fanboys as to which company is better. Disgruntled fanboy police officers supply each of the forces with weapons and grenades. George W. Bush watches Superman Returns and begins to think it's real. He orders all Marvel supporters into Iraq, and bombs the place.

Hippies and environmental activists get aggravated by this action, and start fighting back. They are fighting solely against DC supporters, so theoretically they are on the Marvel side. Missionaries of the Marvel religon go to Iraq to find any survivors. While there, they discover Osama Bin Laden sitting alone in a cave, reading a Marvel comic.

They make friends with Osama, and Osama orders his suicide bombers to attack America, where most of the DC supporters are gathered. Most of the DC population are killed, or wounded greviously. The others flee and go into hiding. However, the White House is practically impenetrable, so George W Bush still has power.

The Marvel side is afraid to move because of suicide bomber attacks, and the DC side is afraid to reveal themselves, because George W Bush still has control over nuclear missiles and is eager to fire them. Marvel supporters gradually die out of disease and hunger, and DC supporters are on the brink of death due to most of their people being dead (having gone on suicide bombings), and accidental bomb detonations.

In conclusion: DC wins, but only because George W watches Superman Returns instead of Spiderman 2.

30. - Top - End - #30

dude, y u gotta bring politics into it?