New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 6

The word "selfish" should not be used since it applies to both sides of the fence. It's selfish to want to start the game, and selfish to want to finish the old one. Just saying.

I'm staying out of the discussion itself since I lack the knowledge for it.

EDIT: I'm not using "selfish" subjectively intentionally if anyone interprets it that way. I just don't think there's any "selfless" way of going about this.
    Last edited by Boo; 2010-05-23 at 02:25 AM.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

Keep in mind that the thought that we're holding up the people in this who have no stake in the first game is the reason I'm not enjoying posting in the first game as much.

Really... we've said 'we'll stop if it isn't finished by [this] date' three times. And this makes the third time we've breached that. I make a point of keeping my word, and I'm starting to feel like a scumbag for, essentially, breaking it three times. That's why I'm not enjoying the first game anymore. Really, I'm borderline on even continuing even if the consensus is to do so, honestly.

That's what it comes down to for me. Honestly, even if I had no characters in this game, I'd feel the same way.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-05-23 at 02:26 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #753

Well... you're not a scumbag. I don't think it was avoidable. People seem to have tried to get it finished up.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Barbarian in the Playground

I don't mind waiting another month and a half, honestly. I suppose its partly that I feel guilty for leaving in the middle of something important without a moment's notice, but also, I'm worried that we might lose such players as Zarah and Kasanip who expressed their devoted interest in the previous game.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Firbolg in the Playground

I want to see it finished. I put a ton of work in the game, even if I'm no longer in it for what ever reason.

The game should be finished, just letting it die dosn't do it justice.

But we should start this game as well. Those who can't do both, should focus on the old game so it ends so they can work on this one.

That's about as selfless as we can get.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Keep in mind that the thought that we're holding up the people in this who have no stake in the first game is the reason I'm not enjoying posting in the first game as much.

Really... we've said 'we'll stop if it isn't finished by [this] date' three times. And this makes the third time we've breached that. I make a point of keeping my word, and I'm starting to feel like a scumbag for, essentially, breaking it three times. That's why I'm not enjoying the first game anymore.
    This does not necessarily put the people who want to finish the current game with a satisfactory ending at fault. It's more the people who are, quite honestly (because I know I'm partly guilty of it, too) slacking off with their posting because they are losing interest. Or have other things to do, it is the summer.

Don't get me wrong. I think this should be the absolute last strike if the game doesn't meet a concrete end by the concrete deadline we set (concretely). But, I have it in my heart to give it one more chance. As long as everyone,

And I mean everyone,

Pulls their slack to get this plot train moving toward the last stop. If RL gets in the way... fine, but give warnings if so. And alternatives if you can't get involved in the last legs of the plot. Don't worry, I'm telling this to myself as much as anyone else.

If you're waiting on someone else, tell them. If you want to know what's going on if the plot's lagging, ask. But don't sit back if you "can't do anything". Try to do something.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-05-23 at 02:32 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    I want to see it finished. I put a ton of work in the game, even if I'm no longer in it for what ever reason.

The game should be finished, just letting it die dosn't do it justice.

But we should start this game as well. Those who can't do both, should focus on the old game so it ends so they can work on this one.

That's about as selfless as we can get.
    This is probably the best solution, really. And what I really want to see happen. I cannot stress this enough. I want the first game to be finished to a good conclusion.

But if we have to choose between one and the other, I have to choose this one. Because to me, it boils down to something quite simple.

We said we'd be done by now. In continuing, we're breaching that. We have, now, done this twice, and if we extend it again and said 'start this game when the old one's done', we will have done this three times.

If there were no players here who didn't have characters in the first game, I would not feel as strongly about this, but... the more I think about it, the worse I feel about holding this up. And in this case, Boo, Kraz, it has NOTHING to do with what others think of me, it has to do with my own principles.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-05-23 at 02:42 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #758

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to church now, and I'll read any responses when I get back, 'kay?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that if people are ready to start BleachITP Reborn, then there should be more discussion in this thread about the 1st Plotline and next Plotlines, and the discussion to start or end the old game should be in that ooc.

To me, now Reborn seems still very confused and divided. Most of the 'discussion' I think I read recently is either "ooc-Roleplay" or arguments of little things (like my own argument).

There is 6 threads of information that needs to be looked at and made easier to read.

Maybe right now for the posting people it seems very decided of agreement, but maybe only 6 people have posted their opinions right now. And some of these opinions seem to change in the posting.
    It also is only a few hours of posting. Please be patient.

My greatest reason I am worried is such a pressing attitude is very dividing of the players. Of course it is very uncomfortable and stressful for everyone. I am worried more (I am sorry if this is rude) the impatience will start Reborn confused and divided.

I know if the new game starts now, I will not be able to post because of middle-semester examinationing. Of my characters, they are all of mortal world game. I am not worried of Erima, but of Sayaka, I think her role is important after Michiko's 'arc' so I would not like to miss such a thing.

But maybe we should talk about such arcs and for soul society before such a suggestion of 'start' becomes important. That is my thought
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

...all right. Kasanip does make a good point, and that does make me a bit more comfortable about delaying this.

...so, yeah. Once we do have plotlines planned, we should start as soon as possible after that, though. Heck, maybe even start 'slice of life' RPing for those who want to do such RPing before that. Because, as tgva said, some of us would like to get a 'feel' for our characters. I actually know I'd like to get a feel for Natsuko as a Captain.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ettin in the Playground

I think the first plot for Soul Society should be Karite, and whatever extra side plots the lower ranked characters come up with.Both horngeek and Draken have mentioned the possibility of short, episode style missions for them. However, I think the flashback episodes alone will keep many players preoccupied for a while. ^_^

For Hueco Muendo, I don't think we need more plot than is caused by just putting all the dysfunctional Espadas together. I wasn't kidding when I said Talon's love life vengefulness alone could keep Las Noches lively for a century. That's without getting to all hijinks possible between Genoveva, Mei, Edward, Lalita, Canguro, Lorolar's mad cat...

For Mortal World, return from summer vacation & Michiko's gang should be good. I can then roll Angry Janitor around when people feel ready for the school plot.

Loose Cannons of the Mortal World... don't need to enter the stage yet, as many players either have unfinished business with the old RP, or have hands full with other characters.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #763

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    No, I just wanted to have a captain character is all. I can work with the ninth since it seems you'd like for your character to become captain in-game. If you'd like to see FF's writeup here it is.
    Thank you.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

And I'm glad your interested in Takeshi, I do have some plot for him already, and when Vael returns my PM's, probably even more
    Hissssss!
    I do not answer PMs! They're eviiiiil!

*goes to answer them anyway*

As for the whole issue of starting...

Yes. I am very tired of waiting. I personally have no stakes in the old game and have not followed it at all, so all I really know is that it has been ending for months now. I have no idea what is taking so long, or why people are projecting it to last for yet another month (at minimum).

It's not that I don't want to wait for people to finish it up, I think it's fair. But for all I know, it could just be that people are dragging their butts and not doing anything, so it makes me uncomfortable to wait this long. All I know is that all the projected dates are failing, and Reborn still isn't moving- and even if I were to look at the threads of the other game, I wouldn't really know what I'm looking at to figure out where things are.

It's just bad to not only continually delay, but not even understand why delays are being made. Is it really going that slowly? I was under the impression that it was almost done. A long time ago.

I do agree with Kasanip that things need to be worked out more for the beginning of Reborn before things begin, and honestly, not a whole lot of that has been done (at all, as far as I can see- let alone recently).

Personally, I have been working on what I want to do with Emi, but I have no idea where that will fit into the grand scheme of things. What kind of initial plots will there be? Do we have any initial plots to look at (I remember some kind of Hollow attack, and a kidnapping plot, but those were both vague as far as I knew). Even if we do have initial plots, are we all agreed on them? What details do we need to decide on? Who is going to be doing what?

15. - Top - End - #765

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    Hissssss!
    I do not answer PMs! They're eviiiiil!

*goes to answer them anyway*
    I'm only teasing
    My Current Works

16. - Top - End - #766

As another person with no investment in the old game, I'm personally willing to wait, but I was under the impression it would be over relatively soon, almost a month ago. Anyway, I think we could have a few plot-lacking threads, like the daily life of each area, which would allow every player to either role play, or in the case of those who believe they can't, they can be off scene quite easily. As long as none of the characters actively try to bring them in. Also, if we have a kidnapping arc, please for the love of all that is holy, don't make it a copy of canon. We should have SWORD kidnap a living shinigami/visard/hollower in order to "study" them. Or maybe have the samsara kidnap someone, since they ARE the baddies. Or have kujo, or any other loose cannon kidnap them.

Anyway, I know my opinions are NOT with others, but there it is. Also, I like the idea of a non-linear progression from now on for the first game, like having the fights at least started before it gets to them, or have people who post faster to go at their own speed, which should wrap their story up faster.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

17. - Top - End - #767

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I think the first plot for Soul Society should be Karite, and whatever extra side plots the lower ranked characters come up with.Both horngeek and Draken have mentioned the possibility of short, episode style missions for them. However, I think the flashback episodes alone will keep many players preoccupied for a while. ^_^
    I agree with the first Soul Society plot.

not just because I'd be the MAIN CHARACTER.

But mostly because Karite's plot is currently the one that was planned the most, between all the chat about flashback episodes.

But wait a minute. Takeshi is 57. We went back around fifty years.

How the hell is a 7 year old Kido Commander?
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

18. - Top - End - #768

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    I agree with the first Soul Society plot.

not just because I'd be the MAIN CHARACTER.

But mostly because Karite's plot is currently the one that was planned the most, between all the chat about flashback episodes.

But wait a minute. Takeshi is 57. We went back around fifty years.

How the hell is a 7 year old Kido Commander?
    Can you inform me when we went back 50 years? Because I don't remember when that happened...
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #769

Can you inform me when we went back 50 years? Because I don't remember when that happened...
    Wait. I'm just an idiot. I tried to combine the Flashback part with Takeshi, and then facepalm'd as I realized I was wrong.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Running both at the same time" won't really work for me. Partly because, at any moment, I hope for employment to sneak up on me, and that will reduce my available time. But also because I want to give my full attention to one set of characters or the other. I feel like I'd be doing a disservice to myself and the characters if I split the attention.

As well, there's the stone cold fact that I agree with: If we try to start Reborn before the old game is done, and try to run both at once, one of the two will die. It will probably be the old game, but the risk runs both ways.

As well, I have a strong stake/presence in both games; I have 3 major characters who will be fighting in the last battle in the old game; and I have, among others, a Captain and a Mortal World Student.

I also know Callos likely will not want to drop the old game, or try to run both. And has the same presence in Reborn.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

21. - Top - End - #771
    Halfling in the Playground

Too...many...pages to read...

Anyways, I'm all for the idea of dropping the current one and picking up the reborn right away. Perhaps I say this because the idea of starting in one month would be the worst possible time for me because starting on June 30 I will be away without internet for almost a month. Plus...the plot in the current one is kind of...stalled. How about we put this issue to a vote?
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ettin in the Playground

If we issue a vote, I suggest we forget all talk about ending or abandoning the old RP. No matter how doomed people consider it if this starts now... it really isn't something that needs to be dwelled anymore. If we vote, we just vote for when this RP will begin for real. Those players who still have things undone in the previous one can do what they think is best, but those things are something that should be discussed in the OOC of old BleachITP, not here.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

23. - Top - End - #773
    Halfling in the Playground

Well, back long ago we said May 19, but that's already passed, so maybe...June 10, or somewhere around there?
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

24. - Top - End - #774
    Pixie in the Playground

Now I could stand to wait a while still since I've only come here recently, two to three weeks seems fine to me as it will gives plenty of time to better organize things here. From what I read, it doesn't seem like the first few plots are solid yet. Is all the planning going to be done ooc? or will alot of it go back and forth in chat? I only ask because I have no access to the later.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

I was under the impression the Mortal World plot was set for the first RL month and a half...I don't know about anywhere else, but I'm relatively uninvolved with Hueco Mundo. I guess if we want to make Karite's hollowfication a plot, Taiki is going to be involved.

The only thing I really have left to do is to finish Taiki's backstory write-up and post it for critiquing. I might do something else with one of my characters in the middle, though. Kina's begging me to write for her, so maybe I will.

I don't think it will be fair to vote to start this game now, because major players aren't ready. Unless the entire Central 5 + Draken are all set to start the game, I don't think we can go, because we need our governing body to be ready to play. Otherwise, what's the point? And from what I understand, our entire governing body isn't ready to start yet.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm with Kasanip in that we should be patient when discussing this stuff since if the majority of people reach the conclusion that the previous game should end now/really soon it won't make much of a difference if that consensus is announced today or a few days from now. It'd still speed things up greatly either way and giving more people a chance to voice their opinions on the matter makes the process more reasonable.

I also agree we should think more about what our plots/plot points will be in Reborn. What exactly do we want to do starting out individually and on a larger scale?
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-05-23 at 12:50 PM.

27. - Top - End - #777

If we're voting, my vote is to start with non-plot-intensive threads first, just to get all of the characters acquainted in character. This will also let the other game have time to finish, and will take *some* pressure off those who are heavily involved with both games. This is because any captain/ student/ seated/ whatever would basically do the same thing every day, with little variation unless there's something big. The people like innis and KD wouldn't exactly have to keep up with all of the threads, and if their characters were absolutely necessary someone could pm them and they can join for however long then leave again. (I used Innis and KD purely because they're people heavily involved in both... I think, anyway they're the ones I remembered.)

If this won't work we can look for something different. All of this IS taken from other people, but I thought it should be restated.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

28. - Top - End - #778

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    If we're voting, my vote is to start with non-plot-intensive threads first, just to get all of the characters acquainted in character. This will also let the other game have time to finish, and will take *some* pressure off those who are heavily involved with both games. This is because any captain/ student/ seated/ whatever would basically do the same thing every day, with little variation unless there's something big. The people like innis and KD wouldn't exactly have to keep up with all of the threads, and if their characters were absolutely necessary someone could pm them and they can join for however long then leave again. (I used Innis and KD purely because they're people heavily involved in both... I think, anyway they're the ones I remembered.)

If this won't work we can look for something different. All of this IS taken from other people, but I thought it should be restated.
    Caru, you don't get it. You weren't here when we first picked a date. It was to begin "On May 10th."

It's nearly the end of May now, and BleachITP isn't really picking up, if anything it's slowing down. We've got another month left before the plots of it are anywhere near completed, and by then most of the players for Reborn are going to get bored, and go do something else.

Hell, I'm already feeling detatched towards Karite, and I like Karite, and have a rather massive role for him to play.

29. - Top - End - #779

On the flip side, this game isn't ready to start, and will take some time (As I and others have said) to get it to the point where it can start.

On the same side as above, the old game has run for almost a year. It needs to end, not falter and die.
    My Current Works

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

On the flip side, this game isn't ready to start, and will take some time (As I and others have said) to get it to the point where it can start.
    Speaking of which, can we get on that?

I'd personally really like to discuss this, but people are kind of dancing around the subject, and I have next to no clue about what there is to discuss.

So, I'm just going to stick this question out here:

What are the plots people already have in mind for Reborn?