New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default riddle me this: Justice League Vs Super Friends

this page is lacking in that most sacred of forum institutions: useless debate over ridiculous genre-related combats. So here I go:

Who would win, the superfriends or the new Justice League animated series? the original series has the vibrancy of youth, and fewer constraints upon plot and use of powers. However, the new series' seem to have survived several incarnations without cancellation, and are generally more awesome than the hannah-barbara characters.

any thoughts?
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Spoiler: DON'T LOOK! IT'S A TRAP!
    Show
    Spoiler: DON'T DO IT!
    Show
    Spoiler: LAST CHANCE TO LOOK AWAY!!!
    Show

Awwwwww, that's just... Well, I did warn you.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: riddle me this: Justice League Vs Super Friend

Dude. The new Batman ALONE could kick the superfriends' collective (insert butt related plural noun).

And we are talking about the JL before they went Unlimited, right? Cause if we're talking JLUnlimitied, then there is NO question. The surprising amount of superheroes in the world vs. the superfriends? Superfriends are crying all the way home.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Which incarnation of each series are we talking about here?

Original Justice League, or Justice League Unlimited?

The Marv and Wendy era Superfriends? The Wonder Twins era? The Darkseid years?

Though really, it doesn't matter. The Justice League wins, because they, unlike their Hanna-Barbera predecessors, can actually hit the people they're fighting. :)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Default Re: riddle me this: Justice League Vs

Thinking of Superfriends Aquaman versus the DCAU Aquaman makes me laugh and laugh and laugh. One's a badass who cut off his own hand and has superstrength and a hook for a hand that he can fire at people, and the other wears orange and green tights, can't even figure out how to use his single superpower correctly, and just gets thrown around in general.

Also, DCAU Wonder Woman can fly under her own power, which I don't think I ever saw the Superfriends Wonder Woman do.

I was thinking that maybe the Superfriends Green Lantern would tip the scales, but then I remembered he has the whole weakness against yellow thing going on, and also a very specific variation of Tourrette's where he can't stop himself from shouting "My power ring has no effect on anything yellow!"

And then Martian Manhunter sticks his arm through whoever's left.

Anyway, we already knew that Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman and Aquaman can take on Samurai, the Wonder Twins and Black Vulcan but that was obvious anyway. Even if you add Apache Chief and a clone of Supergirl into the mix and then clone them hundreds of times the JLU still comes out on top. Although I never understood why they needed to do that, since if they're going to fire missiles at the Watchtower without anyone stopping them couldn't they just make the missiles explode? Oh well, I guess they realized that if you're going to use the Superfriends and you're a villain than you can't have a non-convoluted plan.

Apologies for the rant, I just love JL/JLU so much.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

You're all forgetting about Gleek. Without Gleek, the Superfriends would have died off several times over. Gleek will innocently hi the one button that releases Kryptonite and a nuclear blast to obliterate everyone but the Superfriends.
    Here is a numbering of all character appearances in OOTS

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Well my freinds i can only say this, the outcome of the fight depends entirley on which universe the fight takes place. In the hannah-barbara world, like it has been said, Gleek would find a way to astound us all, whereas in the JL/ JLU universe it can be safley said Batman would invent some fantastic but strikingly dark way to contain gleek and destroy the Super-freinds.
    Good fortune upon you.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Christo
    Well my freinds i can only say this, the outcome of the fight depends entirley on which universe the fight takes place. In the hannah-barbara world, like it has been said, Gleek would find a way to astound us all, whereas in the JL/ JLU universe it can be safley said Batman would invent some fantastic but strikingly dark way to contain gleek and destroy the Super-freinds.
    Point. The Justice League tends to rely pretty heavily on hitting people, which doesn't work in Hannah-Barbaraland apparently.

I will say that even though he has a startlingly poor grasp of physics, Superfriends Batman has a more 'interesting' collection of gadgets in his utility belt than JL Batman, who mostly just has bat-shaped grenades. Although there was that time he pulled out a pair of bat-swords after landing in the midst of an army of robot spiders.

Still, the Justice League never forgets about their powers, which is something the Superfriends do all the time. Well, except for Superman during JL's first season =/

8. - Top - End - #8
    sithninjapirate
    Guest in the Playground

Dude. Superfriends. Superman could hug volcanoes shut. That is cool. And make kryptonic acid out of the combined might of his heat vision and arctic breath to melt Kryptonite. That is also cool.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to have to agree with the last comment.

frankly, Superman in JL is way too slow, whereas the Super Friends are simply more powerful in general.

Take the flash: he can't be frozen, he can travel through time (!!!!), and use his speed in weird ways. Heck, he even flew once.
    Add to that the cool gadgets of batman, and you've got yourself winners.

Jl, on the other hand, have trouble with lone villains like solomon grundy. Even unlimited, that was a whole episode.

although, I must admit this was a trick question: the JL and superfriends would inevitably team up, realizing that the legion of doom (and the JL Lex Luthor, who's always behind everything) were to blame.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Spoiler: DON'T LOOK! IT'S A TRAP!
    Show
    Spoiler: DON'T DO IT!
    Show
    Spoiler: LAST CHANCE TO LOOK AWAY!!!
    Show

Awwwwww, that's just... Well, I did warn you.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duskrider_Moogle

Point. The Justice League tends to rely pretty heavily on hitting people, which doesn't work in Hannah-Barbaraland apparently.

I will say that even though he has a startlingly poor grasp of physics, Superfriends Batman has a more 'interesting' collection of gadgets in his utility belt than JL Batman, who mostly just has bat-shaped grenades. Although there was that time he pulled out a pair of bat-swords after landing in the midst of an army of robot spiders.

Still, the Justice League never forgets about their powers, which is something the Superfriends do all the time. Well, except for Superman during JL's first season =/
    Batman also has kryponite in there as well as electric knuckles.

also theres always the all powerful android.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Is there really a question? Super-friends all the way.

Picture this scenario: The seven core members of JLU have successfully neutralised their Hanna Barbera counterparts. They have them all tied up and Batman is building something that will send them back to their campy universe.

All of a sudden, the narrator begins to speak!

Just then, Superman begins to rub his hands together at such a high frequency that he reverses the polarity of the ionized particles around the Justice League. Within moments, they have all been immobilized by electrons!

Then the Superfriends would escape and stand over the Justice League and have a loud, boisterous, badly-animated laugh while Gleek does something painfully idiotic that everyone finds extremely funny. And then I throw a brick through my television screen and cry myself to sleep. l