New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default Re: [BleachITP Reborn] Episode 2: Hannibal's Past: Flashback to the Old!

Kenichi's head turned slightly in Hannibal's direction when he was adressed, before blocking a fist aimed at the side of his head with his left forearm. This time though, his arm wrapped around his opponent's, holding it in a tight grip under his arm while at the same time swinging his right fist and sinking it into the other boy's gut.

The force of the blow to seemed to knock the wind out of the smaller boy, but Kenichi followed up, keeping the boy's arm trapped as he delivered two more blows to his sparring partner's solar plexus. On the third strike, Kenichi's hand didn't pull back, instead grabbing the smaller boy's uniform, letting go of his arm and pulling him into a sudden metal masked headbutt to the face, knocking his opponent to the ground.

When his opponent didn't get back up from the somewhat brutal assault, Kenichi nudged him with his foot silently.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [BleachITP Reborn] Episode 2: Hannibal's Past: Flashback to the Old!

Present Day

Takeshi had made his way back into the cell, his eyes belaying the great ammount of concentration he was pulling to the forfront for this specific task. Sweat flowed in rivers down his face, his small frame quaking violently as bands of energy ripped around the room silenty, the tattoo's on Hannibal's face glowing a deep crimson.

"Your state is quite interesting Hannibal. The Kido used here are Hado...wrapped in some complex Bakudo...I've never seen anything like it before in my life. Your very special, Ex-Captain Hannibal. A question, if I may. You'd gut me if you were out...why care if I smoke or drink? Surely thats not a concern for you."
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #93

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Past:

"Eep!", Sayuri yelps as Kiku punches her, almost falling on her butt as she stumbles back. Blushing paints her freckled face bright red when she manages to regain her balance.

"Don't mock me, Kiku-chan!"
    , she replies to the teasing, trying to hold her hands in defence. "You heard taichou! Hollows will get us if we don't train! This is serious business!"

---

Hannibal watches Karite from the corner of his eye as he makes his apology. There is a familiar flame in his eyes, reminding him of the rookies of the 11th, fresh out of the academy, thinking they had one up on their superiors. But Karite is no rookie - the captain sees it in his demeanor, felt it when he drew his sword.

"Apology accepted. At ease"
    , he replies. "Getting carried away by battle is normal - heck, I tend to do that m'self. But ye got to mind the kids. We know how to fend for ourselves, but they don't. They gotta learn before we let them out alone, and teaching 'em is my duty."

The captain continues his stroll, taking off his haori. When they get back to the entrance, he takes Espirito de Ferro off his back, wraps the haori around it and places it against the wall. There's a mournful feeling emanating from the blade, as if it is sad for being put aside.

"Say, how old are ye?"

Karite thinks for a little while.

"Err... I've been a Shinigami for about a hundred or so years. But, I think that I'm in my four hundreds. It's funny really, I'm one of the few Shinigami who actually died rather than just being born here..."

Karite continues walking, with a faraway look in his eyes, and a slight smile on his face.

"You would've liked where I lived Captain. It was a beautiful city, and every morning I got to wake up to the sounds of the birds and the sea..."
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-05-30 at 08:54 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sayuri barely manages to evade Kiku's blow by jumping backward. Her face is so red, one would expect steam to rise from it. "I don't want to be some damsel in distress! I'll become so strong I won't need saving!", she cries, before launchig a furious flurry of blows against Kiku.
    Ducking and slapping her fists out of the way, Kiku was being put on the defensive now and was taking step by step back. "Well then you'd best get started, because you aren't going to save anyone flailing your arms around like that!" she said playfully.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Present Day:

Taiki seems to still be concentrating on the two in the cell, but his head moves slightly at mention of Karite in the flashback. Through his listening to the story, however, Taiki allows himself to smile.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Present:
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    "Your state is quite interesting Hannibal. The Kido used here are Hado...wrapped in some complex Bakudo...I've never seen anything like it before in my life. Your very special, Ex-Captain Hannibal. A question, if I may. You'd gut me if you were out...why care if I smoke or drink? Surely thats not a concern for you."

"Huh? Why'd ye think I'd gut ye if I got out?"
    , the captain asks, befuddled. "Believe me, if I got out of this stinkin' hovel, I'd have much better things to do than beating lil' monkeys like you. Like swimming - not that I was ever any good at that, but still . . . "

"But why it concerns me . . . do ye know, whelp, how much it irks me when those who've got freedom use it for stupid things?" The ex-captain would very much like to turn to look Takeshi angrily in the eyes, but the fear of his brains being fried should he twitch a muscle makes him stay put. "I know I'm not exactly a role model for wise behaviour, but there's no reason others have to be as stupid as me."

"Ye might think ye'll stay dandy forever, kiddo, but if ye keep drinkin' n 'smokin' like that, ye'll burn yerself out", the inmate lectures, "Ye think this prison's bad? How about when yer body becomes one? All it needs is for ye to get in a fight while drunk and break that thin neck of yers."

---

Past:
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Karite thinks for a little while.

"Err... I've been a Shinigami for about a hundred or so years. But, I think that I'm in my four hundreds. It's funny really, I'm one of the few Shinigami who actually died rather than just being born here..."

Karite continues walking, with a faraway look in his eyes, and a slight smile on his face.

"You would've liked where I lived Captain. It was a beautiful city, and every morning I got to wake up to the sounds of the birds and the sea..."
    "Four hundred years, you say?", the captain asks and raises and eyebrow. He turns to face Karite, chuckling slightly. The 13th divisioner looks no older than 17, barely a grown man. The contrast to the ogrish, battle-hardened captain is stark.

"Funny thing. Ain't much older m'self. But I don't really think of the past these days - ol' days, most have gotten lost in the haze for me." His eyes glaze a bit as he puts his hand behind his back again. "Still miss the sea sometimes, though."

Then, the captain notices something behind Karite, and rumbles past him, bellowing from the top of his lungs. "Hoi! Dying's not allowed here! If you die, I gonna kill you m'self!" He quickly makes it to where Kenichi's partner lies on the ground and hoists the stunned student back to his feet.

Fortunately, the student hasn't suffered anything worse than a bleeding nose. He's coming back to it already, blinking his eyes in confusion. Hannibal looks up at Kenichi, trying to meet his eyes. What's up with that damn mask?

"Seems you took my advice to heart, eh, beanpole?"
    , the captain says to Kenichi, a devilish grin spreading on his face. "That was some fine fightin'. But take it a lil' easier now, so I don't have to fetch Horigome-sama to patch this fellow back together. She'd kill me for it, or worse." Once he's sure the other student can stand on his own, he lets go of his collar, and prepares to leave, nodding at Kenichi.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    Ducking and slapping her fists out of the way, Kiku was being put on the defensive now and was taking step by step back. "Well then you'd best get started, because you aren't going to save anyone flailing your arms around like that!" she said playfully.
    "Ha! I'll show you!", Sayuri screams, annyoed how easily Kiku-chan is blocking her strikes. Out of the blue, she lifts he right leg up and aims a fast straight kick at the older girl's chest.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-05-31 at 02:13 PM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

7. - Top - End - #97

Present:

"Huh? Why'd ye think I'd gut ye if I got out?"
    , the captain asks, befuddled. "Believe me, if I got out of this stinkin' hovel, I'd have much better things to do than beating lil' monkeys like you. Like swimming - not that I was ever any good at that, but still . . . "

"But why it concerns me . . . do ye know, whelp, how much it irks me when those who've got freedom use it for stupid things?" The ex-captain would very much like to turn to look Takeshi angrily in the eyes, but the fear of his brains being fried should he twitch a muscle makes him stay put. "I know I'm not exactly a role model for wise behaviour, but there's no reason others have to be as stupid as me."

"Ye might think ye'll stay dandy forever, kiddo, but if ye keep drinkin' n 'smokin' like that, ye'll burn yerself out", the inmate lectures, "Ye think this prison's bad? How about when yer body becomes one? All it needs is for ye to get in a fight while drunk and break that thin neck of yers."
    Takeshi simply stands grinning through the lecture, seeming to hang off every word.

"That does make sense, Ex-Captain Hannibal. Its true, that perhaps in time my body will turn on me. That my vices will eat me from the inside out. But there's a problem in your thinking."

Takeshi lowers his arms to his side, the air still thrumming with energy. It seemed the hand movements were simply for show.

"You think I don't know this. Your talking to me like I haven'y accepted such a fate. You think I'm free. But aren't we tied down by the whims of others? Arn't we connected to a network of other souls, other people who demand of us things? And we're beholden to them, Ex-Captain Hannibal, we can't tell them no. Surely even you had someone in your life, even now, who would die for you if you asked."

He shrugs, removing the pipe from his mouth, tapping it against his hand.

"I cannot stop these vices. We each possess a monster inside of us. You wear it on the outside of your skin. But many of us are not so lucky to show the world that darkness that sits within us. That consumes us when we're not watching. I wasn't even born when you were put here Ex-Captain Hannibal, but I know a great deal about you. Ever since I was promoted to the seat of Vice Commander of the Kido Corp, I was interested in meeting with you. The Seated Officer before me scolded me quite a bit. They'd tell me not to study the dead. But I was interested in meeting the man who could show his full honest face to the world. But I digress."

Takeshi's eyes flick to meet Hannibals, his smile spreading.

"If I came to you hiding all my vices. How could I say I met a man honestly? Even if you think I waste this freedom, Ex-Captain Hannibal...I say your wrong. I merely move within my cell, flex my chains, and bare the scars and stains of that dark pit inside me for all to see. You'll just laugh at this all of course...I don't expect you to even give me one ounce of credit. But we are both the same. Walking around in the prison we ourselves make."
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-05-31 at 07:33 AM.
    My Current Works

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Past:

As a brown-haired man watches, a small girl stands next to him, watching the training with interest. "Dad, why is a Captain here?"

He chuckles, and ruffles her hair. "He's here to help with the training of the students, so they know how to do hand-to-hand combat better. All right, Natsuko?"

She thinks about this for a moment, then nods.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #99

Present:
    Past:

"Four hundred years, you say?", the captain asks and raises and eyebrow. He turns to face Karite, chuckling slightly. The 13th divisioner looks no older than 17, barely a grown man. The contrast to the ogrish, battle-hardened captain is stark.

"Funny thing. Ain't much older m'self. But I don't really think of the past these days - ol' days, most have gotten lost in the haze for me." His eyes glaze a bit as he puts his hand behind his back again. "Still miss the sea sometimes, though."

Then, the captain notices something behind Karite, and rumbles past him, bellowing from the top of his lungs. "Hoi! Dying's not allowed here! If you die, I gonna kill you m'self!" He quickly makes it to where Kenichi's partner lies on the ground and hoists the stunned stunned back to his feet.

Fortunately, the student hasn't suffered anything worse than a bleeding nose. He's already coming back to it already, blinking his eyes in confusion. Hannibal looks up at Kenichi, trying to meet his eyes. What's up with that damn mask?

"Seems you took my advice to heart, eh, beanpole?"
    , the captain says to Kenichi, a devilish grin spreading on his face. "That was some fine fightin'. But take it a lil' easier now, so I don't have to fetch Horigome-sama to patch this fellow back together. She'd kill me for it, or worse." Once he's sure the other student can stand on his own, he lets go of his collar, and prepares to leave, nodding at Kenichi.
    Karite stares at the events that just occured, shell shocked by what Hannibal had just done. He waits for Hannibal to return, and asks him a simple question.

"Captain? Why are you coming on patrol with us? Sure there're more Hollows then normal, but I haven't seen anything to warrant a captain helping us."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Present:

Hannibal's expression becomes increasingly acidic as Takeshi rants. "Pffft. Ye talk as if ye'd know a damn thing what ye're talking about, boy. If ye're so inclined to shackle yerself, I guess Broken Sword can arrange a cell for you. Of the nice, padded kind."

"And 'bout stopping yer vices . . . yes ye can. Determination can take ye through solid stone. Don't think resignation makes ye any better - any half-wit can stop tryin' and excuse himself with some philosophical bull****. More often than not, it's just laziness. Real men grab themselves by the nads and grow a spine."

"Ye think I'd still be here if I'd given up?"

---

Past:

"I, er, ran out of underlings"
    , the captain answers, his grin taking on shades of embarrassment. "I doubt ye'd really need me to take the kids on a picnic, but there ye go. Though my dear Vice Captain might entertain us with her charming presence once she's done with blasting stuff."

11. - Top - End - #101

"Ha! I'll show you!", Sayuri screams, annyoed how easily Kiku-chan is blocking her strikes. Out of the blue, she lifts he right leg up and aims a fast straight kick at the older girl's chest.
    Kiku wasn't ready for it and tried to deflect the kick with both her arms, but it was too fast and too close. "OOOF!" Kiku grunted in shock, and fell to the floor.

12. - Top - End - #102

"I, er, ran out of underlings"
    , the captain answers, his grin taking on shades of embarrassment. "I doubt ye'd really need me to take the kids on a picnic, but there ye go. Though my dear Vice Captain might entertain us with her charming presence once she's done with blasting stuff."
    Karite grins knowingly at the Captain.

"I saw Kinjo hiding out in a tree a while back. Funnily enough, he told me not to tell you. Something about "I hired someone to pose as me in the Fourth.""

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Past:

Kiku wasn't ready for it and tried to deflect the kick with both her arms, but it was too fast and too close. "OOOF!" Kiku grunted in shock, and fell to the floor.
    Sayuri's sudden success washes the red away from her face, a smug "I told you so" smile quickly coming to its place. The short girl quickly takes few steps backwards as to not leave room for counter. "Tee-hee! Got you, Kiku-chan!"

---

Karite grins knowingly at the Captain.

"I saw Kinjo hiding out in a tree a while back. Funnily enough, he told me not to tell you. Something about "I hired someone to pose as me in the Fourth.""
    Hannibal's grin quickly fades in favor of an ugly frown and angry tick in his right eye. "Ye jest", the captain mutters, but it doesn't stop him from taking a quick glance at every tree nearby. "Months my ass . . . I'll clobber him so bad he ain't coming back for a year . . ."

However, the trees are empty. If Kinjo was there, he probably realized being so close to his captain was not a good choice as far as living a long and healthy life was considered. Shrugging, Hannibal starts walking toward the middle of the courtyard. "Ye can draw your sword again. Ye gonna need it soon."

14. - Top - End - #104

Karite shrugged and followed Hannibal, unsheathing his sword as he walked.

"What for?"

15. - Top - End - #105

Past:
    Sayuri's sudden success washes the red away from her face, a smug "I told you so" smile quickly coming to its place. The short girl quickly takes few steps backwards as to not leave room for counter. "Tee-hee! Got you, Kiku-chan!"
    One second Kiku was down and holding her chest, the next, she was sweeping her leg around and doing a spin up to regain a standing position while tripping Sayuri. "That packed quite a punch." she said and grinned as she assumed a stance.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Past:
    Karite shrugged and followed Hannibal, unsheathing his sword as he walked.

"What for?"
    The captain doesn't answer. Instead, he raises his hands above his head and claps them together, demanding attention from the students. "Stop!", he bellows. "Face your partner! Bow!"

It seems the warm-up's done. "Okay, kids! Form a circle around me and this lad here!", Hannibal keeps shouting, motioning wildly with his arms as the students turn to watch. "Keep a good distance, so all can see, and so we won't hit anyone by accident! Hurry!"

---

One second Kiku was down and holding her chest, the next, she was sweeping her leg around and doing a spin up to regain a standing position while tripping Sayuri. "That packed quite a punch." she said and grinned as she assumed a stance.
    Kiku hits Sayuri in the knee, but the smaller girl manages to retain her balance. She eyes Kiku fiercily, before the captain's clapping steals her attention. "Hmm?", she mumbles as she instinctively turns to look at him, before quickly snapping her head back so Kiku can't get in any cheap blows.

17. - Top - End - #107

Kiku's head turned as the captain made his announcement, then turned back to Sayuri. She made no body movements of any intention to attack. She gestured towards the quickly growing circle and said, "Shall we?"

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko looks up at her dad (Whose name is Tsukami, by the way). "Ummm... what are they doing?"

He looks at the circle. "Let me check that."

He walks over, his daughter in tow. "Hannibal-taichou, what are you doing now?"

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiku's head turned as the captain made his announcement, then turned back to Sayuri. She made no body movements of any intention to attack. She gestured towards the quickly growing circle and said, "Shall we?"
    Sayuri nods, then bows slightly to Kiku. "Yeah. Lets go." She turns to join the crowd, moving quickly in hopes of finding a place from which she can actually see something.

---

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Natsuko looks up at her dad (Whose name is Tsukami, by the way). "Ummm... what are they doing?"

He looks at the circle. "Let me check that."

He walks over, his daughter in tow. "Hannibal-taichou, what are you doing now?"

"Ah, Hayashi-Sama!"
    , Hannibal greets the man. "What a pleasure to see you! I'm preparing to give our hot-headed new recruits a little demonstration here, with the help of, er . . ." the captain pauses for a moment, giving a few questioning looks towards Karite. He only just realized he hadn't bothered to ask the 13th divisioner's name.

"Well, with the help of this fine lad here. I'm gonna ask ye to step aside, things might get a bit rough soon."
    Only now does it really register to the captain that old Tsukami is dragging a little girl with him. The ogrish man blinks a few times, before bowing a bit closer to Natsuko.

"Oi? What's this cute lil' thing here?"

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I thought I'd bring her today and show her some of the training Shinigami do. Say hello, Natsuko."

Natsuko bows back a bit. "Hello, Hannibal-taichou."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

"Natsuko, eh? Nice to meet you", the captain says, smiling as he straightens up. "Well, ye chose a good day to come here. I'm sure ye'll enjoy the show. But for now, would you mind?" The captain beckons towards the back of the crowd, where it will hopefully be safe during the demonstration.

22. - Top - End - #112

Present:

Hannibal's expression becomes increasingly acidic as Takeshi rants. "Pffft. Ye talk as if ye'd know a damn thing what ye're talking about, boy. If ye're so inclined to shackle yerself, I guess Broken Sword can arrange a cell for you. Of the nice, padded kind."

"And 'bout stopping yer vices . . . yes ye can. Determination can take ye through solid stone. Don't think resignation makes ye any better - any half-wit can stop tryin' and excuse himself with some philosophical bull****. More often than not, it's just laziness. Real men grab themselves by the nads and grow a spine."

"Ye think I'd still be here if I'd given up?"
    Takeshi takes a seat on the ground, closing his eyes through the second tirade.

"I could ask you the same thing, Ex-Captain Hannibal. I already knew you wouldn't agree...but why do you think I'm here? Yes of course it’s to re-bind your tattoo’s in place, and to make sure the kido keeping you here don’t fail. But to be fully honest with you, I could have sent anyone to do this job. Several anybody’s to be more exact. And while you might be correct, that it may simply be philosophical of one to postulate their existence as if in a cage. And it may be correct that some simply stop and use such as a method to avoid guilt. But I said nothing about simply stopping. I only said that we both lived in a prison of our own making.

Wouldn’t you agree that to fix a problem, we have to know what it is first? You can’t solve something, if you don’t have the whole puzzle. To you, I’m just a snot nosed kid who couldn’t find his arse if it weren’t attached to me. You’ve only taken two surface things and formed an opinion; I was doomed before I started. But I didn’t come here to impress you, Ex-Captain Hannibal. I came to learn.”
    My Current Works

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Tsukami and Natsuko nod, and head towards a safe spot.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #114

Sayuri nods, then bows slightly to Kiku. "Yeah. Lets go." She turns to join the crowd, moving quickly in hopes of finding a place from which she can actually see something.
    Kiku returns the bow and ran off with Sayuri, finding a spot where they both could see the captain from. She pulled Sayuri over and said quietly in surprise, "Ehh? What is Hayashi-Sama doing here?"
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2010-05-31 at 06:32 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Present:
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Takeshi takes a seat on the ground, closing his eyes through the second tirade.

"I could ask you the same thing, Ex-Captain Hannibal. I already knew you wouldn't agree...but why do you think I'm here? Yes of course it’s to re-bind your tattoo’s in place, and to make sure the kido keeping you here don’t fail. But to be fully honest with you, I could have sent anyone to do this job. Several anybody’s to be more exact. And while you might be correct, that it may simply be philosophical of one to postulate their existence as if in a cage. And it may be correct that some simply stop and use such as a method to avoid guilt. But I said nothing about simply stopping. I only said that we both lived in a prison of our own making.

Wouldn’t you agree that to fix a problem, we have to know what it is first? You can’t solve something, if you don’t have the whole puzzle. To you, I’m just a snot nosed kid who couldn’t find his arse if it weren’t attached to me. You’ve only taken two surface things and formed an opinion; I was doomed before I started. But I didn’t come here to impress you, Ex-Captain Hannibal. I came to learn.”
    Hannibal snorts. "Hmmph. Well, listen closely, and learn ye might. I still have half of the story left. Hope it's enough of a puzzle for ye."

---

Past:
    Kiku returns the bow and ran off with Sayuri, finding a spot where they both could see the captain from. She pulled Sayuri over and said quietly in surprise, "Ehh? What is Hayashi-Sama doing here?"

"I don't know"
    , Sayuri whispers, tiptoeing in an attempt to see better. "But is that little Natsuko there? I hope we have time to say hi when the class is over."

Meanwhile, Hannibal watches the students gathered around. He clears his throat and starts speaking. "Okay, kids, lesson time! Before we move on to the actual subject, there's something I want to tell and show you of the general . . . uh, whatch call it?" The captain stops and scratches his head, gazing obliviously to the sky before the word comes to him. "Ah yes! Something of the general philosophy of Hakuda! All please look at the lad here!"

Hannibal points towards Karite, who's with him inside the ring of curious Shinigami-in-making. "I'm gonna fight him a little soon. As ye can see, he has a sword and I do not. This is a so-called worst case scenario."

"Now, you might wonder what this has to do with huntin' Hollows. You might think, Hollows don't use swords. That's true, but that doesn't mean they're unarmed." Hannibal start slowly circling within the ring, looking each student in the eyes in turn.

"Ye see, Hollows fight like animals. Their whole bodies are their weapons. They have claws, they have teeth, they have tails, all sorts things they can use to rip ye to shreds. Ye might think, ye have a sword, so ye're okay; after all, what are claws against a sword?"

"But what if ye don't have a sword? What if yer blade breaks, or gets stuck? I've seen countless of warriors die because they didn't know what to do in those situations. Because they just stood there, wide open, wondering what next."

"To excell in a fight against Hollows, ye gotta learn to think a bit like them."
    The captain taps his forehead with his index finger, the points it at the students. "Ye gotta realize, yer sword isn't your only weapon, or even the main one. Sometimes, a blade is just a ruse ye use to fool an enemy, and the real threat is a kick that follows."

"I know many of ye would rather be doing Zanjutsu, because it's so much prettier to swing a sharp chunk'o'metal 'round. But the truth is, if ye can't use Hakuda, yer swordmanship lacks basis. When push comes to shove, ye have to able to throw yer sword away and still remain dangerous without it. That's what this day's about."
    The captain pauses his stride, then returns to the center of the ring, roughly nine feet away from Karite.

"Now, to demonstrate I ain't just full of crap, I'm gonna show what one can do without a sword. Watch closely."
    The captain turns to face Karite, eyes blazing. His body seems lax, but his feet belie his stance. To Karite and the more skilled students, it's clear the captain is ready to move or brace against a blow at moment's notice. He lifts his hand and flicks his fingers in an inviting motion. "Have at me!"
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-05-31 at 06:57 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

DrowGirl

Kenichi silently continued sparring, going back to his more defensive style until Hannibal said the warm ups were over. He faced the shorter student.

"Good match."
    he spoke up, his mask giving his voice a metallic flanged sound to it as he bowed, a bit of blood smeared on his mask from the headbutt. He, along with the other students, moved in the circle to watch.

Kenichi listened to Hannibal's speech, slowly nodding at times. He himself preferred Hakuda to Zanjutsu, so he enjoyed these lessons in close-combat.

27. - Top - End - #117

Karite mutters something to Hannibal.

"It's Karite Mitsukai."

He rushes at Hannibal, and then reappears at his back, via Shunpo, and hesitates for a second.

"Am I... Really going to stab him?"
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-05-31 at 07:19 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

"Too slow!", the captain bellows, darting backwards past Karite's sword and sinking his elbow to his gut. Before Karite can answer, the captain flows past him, skidding along the ground before stopping, crouching near the ground like a wild beast.

Come on. You can do better than that,, he thinks, a manic grin spreading on his face. The air itself seems to be vibrating near the captain, a faint breeze blowing against the students' faces carrying the stench of sulphur to them. "Don't hesitate! Strike!"

29. - Top - End - #119

Karite gasps as the air exits his lungs, dropping his Zanpakuto on the ground.

He stands up, and grins.

"Nice shot Captain."

He pick up the sword, and closes his eyes. His reiatsu begins to swirl, and he opens his eyes, which appear cold, and seem to be blue instead of their usual color.

"Crystalize, Kuyashinaki."

His Shikai released, Karite proceeds to attempt another attack at Hannibal, striking at his side.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Hannibal deftly steps aside - and then, before Karite can move his sword for another strike, grabs the ice cold blade with his bare hand. The captain pulls the sword sharply forward, while his other hand shoots powerful punch towards Karite's sternum. "Ikkotsu!"

((Deadtiming for now - got to sleep. Have fun!))