New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Tooth and Tentacle [3.5 base class PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrick View Post
    Actually, I had something in mind for that sort of thing, but it would be a bear to pull off.

Divide up which Features and Augments are available to an ozodrin by level instead of stricly by feature. This would give you a little more freedom to create things, as you could throw in abilities that arent connected to each other. Things like natural armor, incorporeality, etc that dont really belong to any particular existing Feature could be thrown in as independent Features at certain levels. It would save on things like using an eye augment to grant tremorsense (I just found that odd). Also, it would make their Features and Augments list look more like a spell list, or, more precisely, the manuever lists for Book of Nine Swords when typed out. Like I said though, It would be a bear...
    That would seems to quite heavily change the class. Also there isn't much that doesn't fit into an existing feature. Natural armour fits quite well on the flesh feature, and the class can't become incorporeal (on its own). As for sound and such being on the eye augment, it isn't as odd as you might think. Eyes are balls filled with fluid with a lens to focus light into them. Ears (at least the part that actually interprets the sound at least) is a fluid filled shape that senses how the fluid vibrates. So it is just going and loosing the lens, slightly changing the cover to be sensitive to vibrations, and changing what is interpreted (in real life that is a bit of a difference, but then in real life you also can't just grow eyeballs all over your body).
    About the only thing I can think of that really doesn't fit into the features but seems like it should is spikes. Then again, they could fairly easily be put under the flesh feature.

Also, Matar, I looked at your class and posted in it. Keep up the good work.

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The only thing it would really change is how their Features and Augments are organized. You could still do the same things at the same levels for the same number of invested points. You wouldnt even have to change the descriptions. All you'd really have to do is add an "Other" category and decide what goes where.

Oh, and I forgot about the flesh section.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this class needs a little limited incorporeality if nothing else but to make this pic possible. http://www.gelbooru.com/index.php?pa...view&id=402965

And Matar, whenever I have time to read about Xenotheurgy, I'll definately be looking at your class.
    Last edited by Jarrick; 2010-10-09 at 09:49 PM.
    "To play a fighter is to play the game.
    To play a wizard is to understand the rules.
    To understand the rules, and play a fighter, is to understand the game."
    -Lycar
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

The only thing it would really change is how their Features and Augments are organized. You could still do the same things at the same levels for the same number of invested points. You wouldnt even have to change the descriptions. All you'd really have to do is add an "Other" category and decide what goes where.

Oh, and I forgot about the flesh section.
    It doesn't seem like it would make too much sense to reorganize them then. As it is, all the augments are grouped with the feature they are used with. Splitting them up would likely just be confusing.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this class needs a little limited incorporeality if nothing else but to make this pic possible. http://www.gelbooru.com/index.php?pa...view&id=402965
    If you look at the picture, Ozoi actually put a hole in Yakui, hence the blood. Also, it could be argued that Strange movement is a limited incorporeality.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

4. - Top - End - #334

NecromancerGuy

Yeah, maybe you're right. But it would still make it easier to add in standalone features or new feature chains, like the aforementioned weapon features, for people that wanted to homebrew your homebrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Owrtho View Post

If you look at the picture, Ozoi actually put a hole in Yakui, hence the blood. Also, it could be argued that Strange movement is a limited incorporeality.

Owrtho
    I thought that the spots were whatever Yakui was eating that Ozoi was "sharing". That pic just got less funny...

Edit: Claws would be nice too, then you could do this.
    Last edited by Jarrick; 2010-10-09 at 10:34 PM.
    -Lycar
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, maybe you're right. But it would still make it easier to add in standalone features or new feature chains, like the aforementioned weapon features, for people that wanted to homebrew your homebrew.

Edit: Claws would be nice too, then you could do this.
    That's where people making PRCs and the like can create new features (as they seem to be doing). Also, claws are made via an augment to limbs.

I thought that the spots were whatever Yakui was eating that Ozoi was "sharing". That pic just got less funny...
    I suppose it is up for interpretation. I happen to find it looks like Ozoi is sharing the meal in a rather less friendly manner though.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it was just pointed out that at level 10 an ozodrin could make 2-4 blunt tentacles with vorpal mouths on them (depending on aberrant feats and charisma). As such I wondered if it might not be prudent to have some kind of limit on the Enchanted X augments. Either by increasing the exchange rate of enhancement bonus and abilities, or but just putting a limit on how powerful of abilities can be added (such as 1/3 class level rounded down).
    So, thoughts on the matter would be welcome.

Also, as a side note, as written Conservative Form could grant up to 8 form points to a human or similar race. 4 for the normal limbs. One of the aberrant blood options gives you a tail (5). Decentralized Body makes your head an option (6). Starspawn grants you two wings (8). You could also gain two more from deep spawn, but those can be cannibalized normally for 6 rather than two.

As for the smelling augment how does this seem?

Air Tasting Mouth: Additional cost 3
    Required Level 4: Your mouth has a tongue capable of tasting smells on the air. This allows the mouth to smell, and grants the scent ability. If the mouth is at a different location than your body, use the mouth's location for determining if it can smell something.

Trail Tasting: Additional cost 1
    Requires Level 4 and Air Tasting Mouth: Your tongue is sensitive enough to pick up trails of other creatures. You may track creatures by scent as though you had the Track feat, with the difference that you cannot use survival checks. This does not grant you the ability to track normally. If you have the track feat, this instead grants a +2 bonus to checks made to track by scent.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

7. - Top - End - #337

NecromancerGuy

Also along those lines, there's nothing preventing a (Slightly) higher level Ozodrin from enchanting its natural attacks with epic enchantments. At level 16 you could do Unholy Power for example.
    -Lycar
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #338
    Banned

Well, it was just pointed out that at level 10 an ozodrin could make 2-4 blunt tentacles with vorpal mouths on them (depending on aberrant feats and charisma). As such I wondered if it might not be prudent to have some kind of limit on the Enchanted X augments. Either by increasing the exchange rate of enhancement bonus and abilities, or but just putting a limit on how powerful of abilities can be added (such as 1/3 class level rounded down).
    So, thoughts on the matter would be welcome.

Also, as a side note, as written Conservative Form could grant up to 8 form points to a human or similar race. 4 for the normal limbs. One of the aberrant blood options gives you a tail (5). Decentralized Body makes your head an option (6). Starspawn grants you two wings (8). You could also gain two more from deep spawn, but those can be cannibalized normally for 6 rather than two.

As for the smelling augment how does this seem?

Air Tasting Mouth: Additional cost 3
    Required Level 4: Your mouth has a tongue capable of tasting smells on the air. This allows the mouth to smell, and grants the scent ability. If the mouth is at a different location than your body, use the mouth's location for determining if it can smell something.

Trail Tasting: Additional cost 1
    Requires Level 4 and Air Tasting Mouth: Your tongue is sensitive enough to pick up trails of other creatures. You may track creatures by scent as though you had the Track feat, with the difference that you cannot use survival checks. This does not grant you the ability to track normally. If you have the track feat, this instead grants a +2 bonus to checks made to track by scent.

Owrtho
    Loved it. Also, conservative body....I could say I'll let you know, but you saw my character. He will be afraid of his abilities at every turn, completely unsure that he's even using them....So he probably won't sacrifice any parts of his human form. lol.

The scent abilities were brilliant.

I love this class simply because it's like an alien shifter that can do it all day long. It's extremely useful.

9. - Top - End - #339

NecromancerGuy

Apparently no one finds anything wrong with having vorpal teeth...

My suggestions are:

1. Reduce the enhancement bonus granted by Unearthly Power to 1/4 level. That way they can basically choose between the fighter's bonus to hit and having cool enhancements, vorpal isnt on the table until 20th level then.

2. have them trade in 2 points of enhancement bonus for 1 point of weapon property. Again, vorpal at level 20.

3. Put level-based restrictions on how big a property you can add, like 1/4 your level. That way at level 8 you could have two +2 properties on a mouth, but not one +4 property. yet again, vorpal at 20th.

4. Leave it alone, because having 4 vorpal natural weapons means you dont have any points for anything else. Problem with this is you can attack with normal weapons in the meantime, since the -5 you'd take to the secondary natural vorpal attacks arent a problem, because you only care when they roll 20s. You have a 20% chance each round of killing something outright.
    -Lycar
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, if there are no objections, I'll add the scent augments and the two feats to the first post. Also if there are no objections, I'll put a limit on how costly of a weapon property you can put on a weapon that is equal to 1/3 your class level (thus you can't put a +5 property on till level 15, but you could put two +3s on at level 12).

Also, as a side note, 4 vorpal attacks would only have about an 18.549% chance of auto killing something, and that assumes that the ozodrin is able to confirm the critical.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

11. - Top - End - #341
    Halfling in the Playground

Well, if there are no objections, I'll add the scent augments and the two feats to the first post. Also if there are no objections, I'll put a limit on how costly of a weapon property you can put on a weapon that is equal to 1/3 your class level (thus you can't put a +5 property on till level 15, but you could put two +3s on at level 12).

Also, as a side note, 4 vorpal attacks would only have about an 18.549% chance of auto killing something, and that assumes that the ozodrin is able to confirm the critical.

Owrtho
    I believe your addictions are all right...

12. - Top - End - #342

NecromancerGuy

That still allows for some epic stuff pre-epic, specifically 18th level, but meh, by that level it isnt a big deal.
    -Lycar
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Apparently no one finds anything wrong with having vorpal teeth...
    Um just a quick question, where are you getting the ability to create vorpal teeth from? I can't find it anywhere. Can you point me to the post?

14. - Top - End - #344

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Um just a quick question, where are you getting the ability to create vorpal teeth from? I can't find it anywhere. Can you point me to the post?
    The "Enchanted Jaws" mouth augment, under the spoiler in the OP. Also the enchanted tentacles, claws, and fins use the same mechanic.
    -Lycar
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Trying to figure out the last Feature for the class I'm working on...

How does this sound so far?

Spoiler
    Show

Madness: Cost - 6
    Appearance: Ripples seem to travel across your body, as if light itself has been driven mad by your presence. Your eyes, all of them, seem to become to gateways to another world, filled with almost recognizable shapes.
    Benefits:
    As a Full-Round action you may scream into the minds of all sentient creatures within 60 feet. Creatures with equal to or less then you HD are treated as confused for one round. All creatures above your HD are instead shaken. This ability has no save and affects all creatures with mental a mental score, even if they are normally immune to Mind-Effecting abilities. Furthermore, you are capable of instantly detecting all those who have been affected by one of your Breaches within the last 24 hours, with a range of 60 feet.. For every six points you invest into this feature the duration increases by one round. If you invest 12 points the range of all variables doubles. Finally, if you invest 18 points or more into this skill you are capable of Scrying on anyone affected by one of your Breaches within the last 24 hours as a free action, as per the spell.
    Augments:
    ParsonxMaggie Shipper in the Playground

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

That seems like it would be interesting. Also, as a suggestion if you need something else, how about a feature (or pair of features) that can cause effects based on your current breaches/incursions.

Also, if there is likely to be an issue with with epic weapon abilities pre epic, I could make it so enhancement can't go above 1 per 3 levels -1, so vorpal would be level 18, and epic would take level 21.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Main issue with that is A: would be a pain to balance... a bigger one that is xD. And not all murmurs are done, so...

BUT. Here's what I got so far for the madness thing. Reproduction of Madness needs a way to make it so that you can't gain your points back after using it... but I have no idea how to word it correctly.

I also updated my thread (Or will right after this post.)

Spoiler
    Show

Madness: Cost - 6
    Appearance: Ripples seem to travel across your body, as if light itself has been driven mad by your presence. Your eyes, all of them, seem to become to gateways to another world, filled with almost recognizable shapes.
    Benefits:
    As a Full-Round action you may scream into the minds of all sentient creatures within 60 feet. Creatures with equal to or less then you HD are treated as confused for one round. All creatures above your HD are instead shaken. This is a Mind-Effecting abilities with a DC equal to (10+1/2level+Cha Mod). Furthermore, you are capable of instantly detecting all those who have been affected by one of your Breaches within the last 24 hours, with a range of 60 feet.. For every six points you invest into this feature the duration increases by one round. If you invest 12 points the range of all variables doubles. Finally, if you invest 18 points or more into this skill you are capable of Scrying on anyone affected by one of your Breaches within the last 24 hours as a free action, as per the spell.
    Augments:

The Insane Reality: Additional cost 4
    You use the insanity of others to fuel an Incursion of the Far-Realms itself. The target of this ability is treated as having activated a single Incursion that you know. This Incursion may be selected from any Incursion known; not just those from an active Murmur. This ability only works if the target is effected by a confusion effect created by one of your Breaches or Features. For every 4 points invested into this skill you may effect a single extra target, so long as the extra target is confused as well.

Violate the Essence: Additional cost ?
    Everyone touched by madness is open to the influence of the Far-Realms. You take advantage of this fact. You may target a single creature that has been confused with the Madness feature with a single level one Breach. This Breach must have a touch range or better. You gain a +4 to your AB when using a Breach in this fashion, as it is difficult to avoid the powers at work. For every 4 points you invest the level of the Breach you may use increases by one, to a maximum of your highest Breach Level. For every 6 points you invest the number of creatures you may affect increases by one.

Reproduction of Madness: Additional cost ?
    Creatures breed in the Far-Realms in impossible and fascinating ways. By understanding this you are able to use it to fuel a disturbing power. Once per day, with a touch attack you may target a single person that has been killed while under the effect of a Breach within the past hour. The targets body then slowly transforms into a single creature native to the Far-Realms with an HD equal to or less then the targets HD. This creature last indefinitely and has a friendly attitude towards you. For every ? points you invest into this Feature you gain another use per day.
    Last edited by Matar; 2010-10-16 at 02:44 PM.
    ParsonxMaggie Shipper in the Playground

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I updated the first post as I mentioned I would. I decided to go with enchantments being limited to (1/3 your class level) -1, putting it vorpal at 18, and epic enchantments at 21. It also bumped the 1st post back up to the character limit which took a little work to shorten back down...
    And for those that might not otherwise notice, I put a limit on the amount of illumination luminous flesh can produce (as it was pointed out that as worded before you could illuminate the entire planet).

Also may start working on a PRC for the ozodrin sometime this week (likely later today).

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, a few things to note:
    First, for those interested who haven't noticed, I started an ozodrin PRC here. Basic premise is becoming a structure of untold horror (or if you prefer, making someone else's structure into one).

Second, some various issues were noted that should likely be addressed:
    • I has been suggested that I move improved grapple to third level. Not too likely to do this though.
    • Might or might not make it so that at fourth level if you already have snatch or improved grab you just gain a bonus to grapples rather than a bonus aberrant feat. (still would gain a feat if you have improved grapple)
    • I should specify what can be done while using the waiting part of strange movement (mainly you can take actions, but you need to spend a standard action to maintain waiting, and you're in a pocket dimension anyway so you can't effect other people).
    • It was suggested that the ability requirements of the feats be changed to odd amounts.
    • I need to add a clause to the Appealing puppet augment that causes the effects to stop if it makes outright hostile actions against a group (for that group).
    • I need to specify what happens to the stomach of an ozodrin when it dies (mainly that it collapses and ejects all within dealing damage).
    • It was mentioned I'd mostly copied the rules of tremorsense on the Trembling eye augment. This is mainly an issue do to the character limit preventing my from fixing some of the other issues in the first post. For that reason I wonder if it would be fine to remove it, and if there are any other spots I similarly put rules that don't need stating.
    • I also could try moving feats out of the first post, though that would likely place them in the 9th post (would free up a lot of characters though). I alternatively could try moving them to the PRC thread where I have a handful of posts reserved, though that might cause people who only look at this thread to miss them.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

20. - Top - End - #350

Forgive me if this has already been covered, I found only a brief mention during my search (which admittedly could have been more thorough):
    I'm currently building an Ozodrin that will start at around lv5 and, I've noticed, for a front-line fighter it has a frighteningly low ac. There doesn't seem to be a really good way to fix this without giving up a lot of offense (the only thing I can think of now is a magic item and a defending mouth at level 6).
    Does any one have any thoughts on how to deal with this?

21. - Top - End - #351
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon Rose View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been covered, I found only a brief mention during my search (which admittedly could have been more thorough):
    I'm currently building an Ozodrin that will start at around lv5 and, I've noticed, for a front-line fighter it has a frighteningly low ac. There doesn't seem to be a really good way to fix this without giving up a lot of offense (the only thing I can think of now is a magic item and a defending mouth at level 6).
    Does any one have any thoughts on how to deal with this?
    How many form points do you have and what other features are you using? Every 3fp nets you +1 ac via eyes. How high are you trying to go? What do you consider a reasonable offense? 2-3 attacks and an okay AC is possible (depends on dex), but if you want to make a bunch of strong attacks your AC will likely suffer. Still, an AC of 14-18 isn't that hard. If you have ~30fp you could make 2 attacks and still have a good +7 ac bonus before dex.

22. - Top - End - #352

I'll be getting between 22-28 points (I haven't decided on deep-spawn yet) and I'll be getting +2 ac from Bestial Hide and +1 from dex.
    I was hoping for 4 tentacle attacks (I was hoping not to be gnawing on my enemies just yet).
    Part of the problem might be my terrible sense of scale; I saw that plate-mail gives +8 and I thought a 14 or 15 was bad (I'm not used to playing the guy who actually take hits).

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, that does depend on if you are trying to be the party tank. However, I'd point out that if you go with deepspawn, you would be quite capable of putting 12 form point into tentacles (granting 4 of them), and then 15 into eyes (granting +5 AC). Along with your +1 from dex and +2 from bestial hide, you would be at 18 AC and have 1 form point left over (meaning making 1 tentacle small could grant you a mouth, or you could get another eye, +1 to spot and search (though another eye would grant you that already), or +5ft of dark vision).

Anyway, some minor changes/planned changes to note:
    I edited the appealing augment for puppets to have a clause making the effect end if it attacks. I also made the puppet able to exclude creatures from the effect (mainly useful for infiltrating a group as it may seem odd if the enemies of said group also are friendly to it).

I'm planning to modify the bizarre grappler ability so that it grants a bonus to grapple if you have snatch or improved grab rather than giving a bonus aberrant feat (this would also be able to be gained later if you got them after level 4). I'm currently thinking that +4 to grapple would be reasonable (with it possibly going to +6 if you have both). May also make it only apply if you use a feature at least 1 size category larger than the target in the grapple. May not do this if there is enough opposition to the idea.

I'm considering having feature size able to grant grapple bonuses if all features used in a grapple are at least that size (meaning you gain the bonus of the smallest feature used in the grapple (might make it a minimum of the ozodrin's actual size). Worth noting that you can't get grapple penalties due to the Strange Anatomy ability at level 4.

Waiting with your strange movement ability won't take actions aside from initiating it, but given that you are in a pocket dimension, you will not be able to affect most things (mind you can do things with your stomach, or if you have a puppet or spawn outside).
    May make a clause that if a creature would leave your stomach while you are using strange movement, it takes 1d6 damage as it is shunted into the main plain adjacent to your current location (or where you would be if you stopped using strange movement).

Also, not really a mechanical change, but recently Jarrick has been going through and helping to clean up the wording on abilities. As such (given that this is nearing completion), I'll likely try updating the first post with the cleaned up wording sometime soon. Some of the more noticeable changes involve splitting up and reorganizing some of the parts of the first level abilities for organization (such as moving the line about the ozodrin being eligible for aberrant feats regardless of type to the ability granting it aberrant blood as a bonus feat). Also moving the intimidation bonus from manifest form to its own ability (so manifest form deals only with changing between your normal form and true form).

I'm also considering going through and changing usage of normal form and similar things to worldly form as done in the Otherworldly Guise ability StormRaven came up with (mainly as it sounds better than saying normal form or similar things particularly when the other form is supposed to be your true form).

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2010-10-25 at 02:01 AM.
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

24. - Top - End - #354
    Pixie in the Playground

Glad I could help. By the way Otherworldly Guise needs to prohibit spawn features as well. And quite possibly features granted by other classes that don't specifically work with Otherworldly Guise. For instance Structure and Landscape most likely don't make sense with Otherworldly Guise.

25. - Top - End - #355

NecromancerGuy

Now that the cat's out of the bag on my involvement...

I finished those changes you PMed me with, and I'll send you the new document when you're ready for it. (Read: after you decide which changes to make)
    -Lycar
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #356
    Halfling in the Playground

Just wondering... Any idea about epic features? We could help with the brainstorming if the concepts exist without an actual form.

Also, about the last minor changes, I believe verything suggested was ok.

And a question: is there a size limit on mouths and other features?
    Last edited by Markus Darkmind; 2010-10-28 at 04:41 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, having recently gone through all the features and augments again with things being cleaned up, I came across a few things that are being changed. Most are just minor rewordings, or removing text that is no longer needed with changes that have come about, but a few are worth mentioning:
    • Small Fins: will be able to reduce the cost to a minimum of 1 rather than 2. I've decided the ability to increase your swim skill bonus by 1 per fin (by making two small ones) when not using any other augments isn't too powerful.
    • I'll add in a note that when spawn are used in a lure trap, they must use the ability to create the spawn when triggered.
    • On Cystic flesh, the part about damaging weapons will be optional (as it was pointed out not everyone keeps track of weapon hp).
    • Sticky Stomach will be changed, and another augment added in. Sticky stomach will now be:
      Required Level 16: Creatures that come into contact with the stomach's wall, floor, or ceiling must succeed on a DC 10 + ½ your class level + your charisma modifier strength check or else be entangled for 1 round per Sticky Stomach augment applied to the same stomach. The DC to climb out of your throat decreases by 4. Climbing creatures take a -3 penalty to checks to avoid becoming entangled, and must make a check every 5 feet they move. This augment can be added to the same stomach multiple times. Each time after the first the DC to avoid becoming entangled increases by 2, the DC of climbing throats decreases by 1, and the penalty to checks to avoid being entangled by climbing creatures increases by 1. You may not have both this augment and the Slick Stomach augment applied to the same stomach.

The other augment will be Slick Stomach:
      Required Level 16: The inside of the stomach is covered with a slick coating. Treat all surfaces of this stomach as if under the effects of the grease spell with a DC of 10 + ½ your class level + your charisma to avoid falling. The DC to climb out of your throat increases by 10. This augment can be added to the same stomach multiple times. Each time after the first the DC's increase by 2. You may not have both this augment and the Sticky Stomach augment applied to the same stomach.
    • I also came to the conclusion that the only feature that can't really be mimicked by the ozodrin is spikes (common on many monsters). For that reason I plan to add the following feat:

Darkspawn (Aberrant)
      The abnormalities of your aberration-tainted heritage grow more pronounced. Bone-like spikes jut out from your flesh.
      Prerequisite: Aberration Blood, one other aberrant feat.
      Benefit: You grow spikes. If wearing light armor or lighter, you are treated as having fine sized armor spikes and are considered proficient with them, though you are not proficient with armour spikes actual armor spikes. They are considered to be a size category larger for every 3 aberrant feats you possess.
      Special: If you are an ozodrin, you gain access to the Spike feature.

Spoiler
      Show
      Spike: Cost - 1
      Appearance: You have a spike growing out of you.
      Required Level: 1 and Darkspawn aberrant feat.
      Benefits: You grow a spike somewhere on you. Spikes always start out fine sized before augments and deal 1 piercing damage (see armor spike damage table for other sizes). When grappling, you may only have one spike affect the grappled creature each round, though you may choose a different spike each round. Unlike most features, you may also apply the spike feature to tentacles, limbs, and fins (only one spike may be applied to a single such feature). If you do, that feature adds the spikes damage onto its own when it deals damage (if it lacks an attack it gains a secondary sting natural attack that deals the spike's damage). If a spike is added to a stomach, the stomach is treated as having caltrops that deal the spikes damage in one square (if the formed stomach augment is applied), or if the formed stomach augment is not applied it gains a secondary natural attack against a single creature inside it per spike dealing the smallest spike's damage.
      Special: You may remove the spikes gained by the darkspawn aberrant feat to gain one additional form point + 1 per size category larger than fine they are.
      Augments:
      Large Spike: Additional cost +4
      The spike counts as a size category larger. You may apply this augment to the same spike multiple times to a maximum size of colossal. The effects stack.

Multiple Spikes: Additional cost +1
      Requires Large Spike: Instead of one large spike you have multiple smaller ones. The spike counts as a size category smaller, and gains +1 to damage. You may apply this augment to the same spike up to as many times as large spike had been applied to it.

Horn: Additional cost +2
      Requires Spike be at least as large as one size category less than you, and that it not be placed on a feature: Instead of acting as armor spikes, this spike instead grants a primary gore attack. A medium horn deals 1d8 damage (use standard table to adjust for size).

Enchanted Spike: Additional cost X
      Required Level 6: You may exchange an amount of the enhancement bonus to the spike's attack granted by the unearthly power ability for an enchantment that counts as an enhancement of that amount. This amount may not exceed 1/3 your class level rounded down - 1. This costs twice amount of the enhancement bonus being traded. You may add this multiple times to the same limb. The effects stack.

So, feedback is welcome. Changes will most likely be made to the first post sometime this week.

Edit: Missed Markus Darkmind's post. Anyway, there are some vague ideas to eventually expand the class into epic, but no concrete ideas have yet been formed. Also, there is no size limit on mouths or other features unless they say there is. So yes, you could make a colossal++++++++++++++++ mouth.

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2010-11-02 at 12:15 AM.
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

28. - Top - End - #358

NecromancerGuy

You've done it now owrtho....

With that last feature you listed and its augments, an ozodrin can now use Wing Fins, Pretending Flesh, and its swallow whole/devour ability to make its true form that of a One-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater...

Congratulations.
    Last edited by Jarrick; 2010-10-28 at 11:32 PM.
    -Lycar
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Horns, I knew I'd forgotten one of the augments (had the idea a day or so before I posted it and only now got around to it).

The ozodrin may now form every type of common natural weapon (counting claws and talons/slap and slam as the same thing).

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

30. - Top - End - #360

I like darkspawn. Too bad there aren't more augments for it, like poisonous spikes or projectile spikes.