New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Tooth and Tentacle [3.5 base class PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I would guess it's the Unearthed Arcana variant, that swaps out sneak attack for a fighter feat progression.
    Precisely; its a lovely version of the class, especially in a build like:

Sneak Attack Hit and Run Fighter 1/Swashbuckler 3/Feat Rogue 16, with Dashing Outlaw, which gives you SA 11d6, and 9 Fighter feats.

Tasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

...that's just not right.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh pshaw, your just jealous of my SAing, uber-reaching, form-shifting rogue with more combat skill than most Fighters.

It still doesn't match up to ToB, completely, but it scrapes by at tier 3.
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground

No, just... Dashing Outlaw shouldn't let you get SA from rogue levels when rogue levels don't give you SA.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, it does:

"Your rogue and swashbuckler levels also stack for the purpose of determining your sneak attack bonus damage. For example, a 7th-level rogue/4th-level swashbuckler would deal an extra 6d6 points of damage with her sneak attack, as if she were an 11th-level rogue."

It says nothing here about "If your Rogue levels don't give you Sneak Attack, you don't get the second benefit; sorry bub."

Seriously, if you know what you are doing, you can go Swift Hunter from Halfling (Replaces Flurry of Blows with Skirmish) Monk 5/Ranger 15, and you don't lose any Skirmish progression.

There is a reason I love these feats, you know.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

I said shouldn't, not doesn't.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, I misread. Forgive me my mistake.

And I agree, it shouldn't; it is nice that it lets you do so, but it shouldn't.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

That said, it's no worse than just playing a full caster. xD

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, this is still going? I saw it about a year ago, and thought I'd like to use it for something.

Specifically, an Intelligent Portable Hole.

Ideas?

Also, this is awesome. Just thought I'd say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

That is pretty awesome.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

Your idea does indeed sound interesting, though I regret that without more information on what your character would do, I can't think of much in the way of advice other than bag of tricks can work well as a manner of healing by using the creatures made for devour. Also can't really think of much that might help you make constructs having never really tried making a character that does so.

In other news, a feat idea I had (may actually be better as a flaw).

Stigma (Aberrant)
    You have a mark of your nature that you can't remove.
    Prerequisite: Aberrant Blood, Features
    Benefits: Upon choosing this feat, select one feature you can form (a specific feature, not a type of feature). You may not remove this feature, though you may augment it (even if augmenting that type of feature would normally require removing and reforming it). This feature remains formed even when in your worldly guise, and will continue to confer any benefits it would grant. This feat may not be suppressed when in your worldly guise like other aberrant feats. When in your worldly guise this feat counts as two aberrant feats for the purposes of penalties gained.
    Special: You may take this feat multiple times. Each time you select a different feature. If you choose a flesh feature, it may not have the pretending flesh augment applied.

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, for the Intelligent Portable Hole, couldn't you make a large enough mouth, and then swallow yourself?

Sure, it bends physics, but so do Strange Movement and your Primary Stomach.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    Well, for the Intelligent Portable Hole, couldn't you make a large enough mouth, and then swallow yourself?

Sure, it bends physics, but so do Strange Movement and your Primary Stomach.
    I do believe you wouldn't be able to close the mouth them, and would effectivelly simply be helpless while partially inside yourself.

That didn't quite come out the way it should.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #704
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

But you could swallow the party and transport them somewhere (like out of a water trap mister grow gills on command) or use it to pull a betrayal act and swallow them ("I'll kill them if you let me go" OK "CHOMP" (I'd give it at least a +10 to the bluff/diplomacy/perfom acting check against those that don't know about him being able to cough them up) or use it to transport treasure.

Oh and just for fun I gotta ask this:

Who here would allow a character to do this with this class?:

The enemy is known to lair in a specific cave/room/sewer/whatever. While they are out the ozodrin (Using various magical [like silent image] and/or Pretending Flesh shenanigans) disguises themselves as the entrance and just waits for them to walk back in. GULP!

Not sure if it would be allowed but hilarious if you could pull it off.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by periscope69 View Post
    But you could swallow the party and transport them somewhere (like out of a water trap mister grow gills on command) or use it to pull a betrayal act and swallow them ("I'll kill them if you let me go" OK "CHOMP" (I'd give it at least a +10 to the bluff/diplomacy/perfom acting check against those that don't know about him being able to cough them up) or use it to transport treasure.

Oh and just for fun I gotta ask this:

Who here would allow a character to do this with this class?:

The enemy is known to lair in a specific cave/room/sewer/whatever. While they are out the ozodrin (Using various magical [like silent image] and/or Pretending Flesh shenanigans) disguises themselves as the entrance and just waits for them to walk back in. GULP!

Not sure if it would be allowed but hilarious if you could pull it off.
    If you're a menacing manor, this is completely RAW. Except you don' actually have to bite/swallow them, just make a good enough knowledge (archiecture) check that they don't notice they walked into your stomach.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Troll in the Playground

@Owrtho: Hey there. Glad to see this is still being worked on, glad to see this is still thriving. Love the class, and congratulations on having a thread that has been around for much longer than a year. That takes a lot of work.

Just a small request: Could you get one post that lists all the current Features? It gets annoying when, when using this class, I have to flip through a couple of them. If its not too much trouble that is.

Keep up the good work!
    Just finding my roots again.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks. As for your request, while I can't get all features in one post (there are too many to fit), I suppose I could try making two to three consecutive posts that contain all the features. The reason such a thing did not occur originally was due to oversight on my part as to the need for reserving posts (I hadn't realized just how much the features would take up when I started). Still, even if I did so, I'd likely leave the broken up list on the first page, though a link to the consolidated list would exist.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

18. - Top - End - #708
    Orc in the Playground

Hey, I've been playing an Ozodrin from level 4 thru 13 so far, and I'm loving it. Plenty of interesting things to do, and pretty much always a way to contribute to whatever the party is doing.

I have found one sticking point, however. Most of the magic items I would usually buy, I can duplicate with features. Aside from the obvious (cloak of Cha, Ammy of Mighty Fists, ect), I'm not sure what to spend my precious GP on.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas, sourcebooks to check, or custom item ideas that would be fun/flavorful? The party is pretty solidly Tier 3, so I'm looking more for "neat" than "powerful" per se.

Other than that, great class so far! I'm busy using my Charming Eye powers to start a religion dedicated to my tentacled patron of unknowable horror, much to my DM's chagrin.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

Features Consolidated 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basic Eyes: Cost - 1
    Appearance: Basic eyes look like strange, usually inhuman eyes on various parts of the ozodrin's body or hair.
    Required Level: 1
    Benefits: Eyes are the simplest feature for an ozodrin. They also grant various bonuses depending on the number of eyes. Having at least 2 eyes grants lowlight vision. Every two eyes an ozodrin uses grant a +1 bonus to search an spot checks. Every three eyes grant a +1 bonus to AC. Every 4 eyes grant a +1 bonus to reflex save. Every 5 eyes grant a cumulative 10% chance that an attack that would flank them does not count as flanking and a cumulative 5% that they are not flatfooted at the start of combat.
    Special: An ozodrin can add or remove an additional number of eyes at a time up to half their charisma modifier (minimum 1), rather than 1 like normal.
    Augments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Darkvision Eye: Additional cost 1
    An Eye with this augment grants 5 ft. of Darkvision. This stacks with any other sources of darkvision including other Darkvision Eyes.

Perceptive Eye: Additional cost 1
    An eye with this augment grants an additional +1 bonus to search and spot checks. This stacks with other bonuses.

Sightless Eye: Additional cost 2
    Sightless eyes look more like odd membranes than eyes, and are unable to see. Instead they are developed to hear. Sightless eyes do not grant a bonus to spot and search checks. Instead each sightless eye grants a +1 bonus to listen checks. A sightless eye may not have the Darkvision Eye or Insightful Eye augments. If it has the Perceptive Eyes augment it gains a bonus to listen checks rather than spot and search checks.

Acute Eye: Additional cost 1
    Requires Sightless Eyes augment: An eye with this augment grants blindsense to a range of 5ft. This stacks with other sources of blindsense including other Acute Eyes.

Insightful Eye: Additional cost 3
    Requires Level 3: An eye with this augment is able to see invisibility as the spell within 10 ft. This stacks with other ranged abilities to see invisibility including other Insightful Eyes.

Trembling Eye: Additional cost 2
    Requires Level 7 and Acute Eyes: An Eye with this augment grants Tremorsense to a range of 10ft. This stacks with other sources of Tremorsense including other trembling eyes.

Blind Eye: Additional cost 2
    Requires Level 7 and Acute Eyes: An eye with this augment grants 5 ft. of Blindsight. This stacks with any other sources of blindsight including other Blind eyes.

Spirit Eye: Additional Cost 4
    Requires Level 10 and Insightful Eyes: This glowing eye allows the ozodrin to see magical auras within 10ft. This functions like Arcane Sight, except that it also detects psionic powers in addition to arcane and divine spells/spellcasters and that it also allows the ozodrin to see ethereal creatures. This stacks with any other sources of Arcane Sight including other spirit eyes.

Mouth: Cost - 2
    Appearance: This looks like a mouth somewhere on their hair or body. It seems to have a throat even if it seems physically impossible for the location.
    Required Level: 2
    Benefits: You gain a mouth with a bite attack that is by default one size smaller than you (a medium mouth deals 1d6 damage + strength modifier, use the standard table for adjusting damage die to calculate other sizes). It counts as a primary natural attack. If you have multiple mouths they may attack multiple targets. You may only use your mouths to attack creatures in the same square as you. You may use your mouths to attack a creature you are grappling.
    Special: An ozodrin can add the augments to change the increase the size of a mouth when the mouth is already formed.
    Augments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Small Mouth: Additional cost -1
    Mouth counts as a size category smaller. You may add this multiple times to the same mouth to a minimum mouth size of fine. The effects stack. This may not reduce the cost of the mouth to less than 1.

Large Mouth: Additional cost 2
    Mouth counts as a size category larger. You may add this multiple times to the same mouth. The effects stack.

Hooked Teeth: Additional cost 4
    The teeth of your mouth point inward, giving you a +5 bonus to grapple against an opponent you bite with it for 1 round or are currently devouring. This bonus stacks with other bonuses to grapple.

Deceptive Mouth: Additional cost 2
    Requires Level 4: The mouth is capable of speaking and emulating other voices. This grants a +2 bonus to Disguise and Bluff checks made using the mouth's voice as long as they don't know it's nature. It is also able to perform verbal components of spells or abilities. You may add this multiple times to the same mouth. The bonus stacks.

Air Tasting Mouth: Additional cost 3
    Required Level 4: Your mouth has a tongue capable of tasting smells on the air. This allows the mouth to smell, and grants the scent ability. If the mouth is at a different location than your body, use the mouth's location for determining if it can smell something.

Razor Teeth: Additional cost 6
    Required Level 4: This mouth deals an additional point of con damage against opponents subjected to the devour ability. This ability has no effect on attacks that would not already deal at least one point of con damage.

Trail Tasting: Additional cost 1
    Requires Level 4 and Air Tasting Mouth: Your tongue is sensitive enough to pick up trails of other creatures. You may track creatures by scent as though you had the Track feat, with the difference that you cannot use survival checks. This does not grant you the ability to track normally. If you have the track feat, this instead grants a +2 bonus to checks made to track by scent.

Enchanted Jaws: Additional cost X
    Required Level 6: You may exchange an amount of the enhancement bonus to the mouth granted by the unearthly power ability for an enchantment that counts as an enhancement of that amount. This amount may not exceed 1/3 your class level rounded down - 1. This costs twice amount of the enhancement bonus being traded. You may add this multiple times to the same mouth. The effects stack.

Spitting Mouth: Additional cost 5
    Requires Level 11: The mouth is capable of spitting an energy type (types are fire, acid, cold, and lightning) at targets as a ranged attack dealing 1d6 damage for a medium mouth and with a 15 foot range increment (use the standard table for adjusting damage die to calculate other sizes, increase the range increment by 5' for each size above medium the mouth is and decrease if by 5 feet for each size smaller to a minimum of 5'). This augment may be added to the same mouth multiple times. The effects do not stack, each time it gains a different energy of spit.

Drooling Mouth: Additional cost 3
    Requires Level 11 and Spitting Mouth: If used for a bite attack, the mouth deals 1 point of additional damage of each type of energy it can spit. This may be suppressed or resumed as a free action.

Sniping Mouth: Additional cost 1
    Requires Level 12 and Spitting Mouth: Increases the range increment of the spit by 5 feet. This augment may be added multiple times to the same mouth. The effects stack.

Concentrated Spit: Additional cost 2
    Requires Level 13 and Spitting Mouth: The spit of the chosen energy type the mouth possesses counts as if it were a size category larger for determining damage. In addition, if the Drooling Mouth augment is applied to the mouth, it deals an extra point of damage of the chosen energy type when a bite attack is made. This augment may be added multiple times to the same mouth. The effects stack if the same energy type is chosen.

Pseudopodia: Additional cost 4
    Requires Level 13: Instead on a conventional mouth, you have pseudopodia that can reach out and absorb something. The mouth loses its bite attack as well as the ability to be used for devouring or making noise. However, it gains a reach equal to that of a creature it's size, the ability to grapple (for which it grants a +2 bonus), as well as the ability to swallow whole creatures the same size as itself (if you have the Maw of the Serpent monstrous feat then it instead is able to swallow whole a creature of up to a size category larger than itself). It also is able to smother up to one creature you are grappling within its reach preventing it from speaking and breathing. In addition the mouth counts as a size category smaller for what it may be placed on (such as blunt tentacles).

Spraying Mouth: Additional cost 3
    Requires Level 15 and Spitting Mouth: Upon adding this augment, choose line or cone and one of the spitting mouth energy types the mouth has. If you choose line, the mouth gains a breath attack that hits anything in a 5 foot wide five foot high line with a range equal to the spit attack's range increment, dealing damage as the spit attack. If you choose cone, the mouth gains a breath attack that hits anything in a cone range equal to half of spit attack's range increment, dealing damage as the spit attack. In either case creatures may attempt a reflex save (DC 10 + ½ class level + Cha Mod) for half damage. This augment may be added to the same mouth multiple times. The effects do not stack, each time it uses a different energy type or chooses the other option of line or cone. If the mouth has multiple breath weapons, using one causes all breath weapons the mouth has to need 1d4 rounds before use.

Flowing Shape: Additional cost 4
    Requires Level 18 and Pseudopodia: There is a 5% chance that an attack targeting the portion of your body the mouth is on will miss as you flow out of the way. This includes attacks that would normally automatically hit such as magic missile, but not attacks with an area of effect (such as fireball). For each size larger than default the mouth is increase this chance by 5% to a maximum of 25%. Multiple mouths with this augment on the same portion of your body do not stack.

Tentacles: Cost - 3
    Appearance: You have a tentacle somewhere on you.
    Required Level: 3
    Benefits: You grow a tentacle. It counts as a natural weapon with a 5' reach that deals 1d4 damage (for medium creatures). While able to manipulate things, it is not capable of wielding a weapon.
    Special: If you have the Aberrant feat Deepspawn, you may choose to exchange the tentacles granted from it for 3 form points each. You may also use this feature before level 3 if you have the Deepspawn feat, but may not use its augments until reaching level 3.
    Augments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Small Tentacle: Additional cost -1
    Tentacle counts as a size category smaller. You may add this multiple times to the same tentacle to a minimum tentacle size of fine. The effects stack. This may not reduce the cost of the tentacle to less than 1.

Hooked Tentacle: Additional cost 2
    The tentacle grants a +2 bonus to grapple attempts against a single target within its reach as long as it is not used for anything else that round. In addition, for every extra 5 feet further the tentacle could reach than the target, this bonus increases by 2. This bonus stacks with other bonuses to grapple.

Tail: Additional cost 2
    The tentacle is instead a tail. It may not be used to grapple unless you have an ability allowing you to grapple with tails. It loses its normal attack, but instead gains a tailslap attack dealing 1d4 damage (for medium creatures).

Large Tentacle: Additional cost 3
    Tentacle counts as a size category larger. This does not increase it's reach. You may add this multiple times to the same Tentacle. The effects stack.

Serrated Tentacle: Additional cost 3
    The tentacle gets a +1 bonus to damage. You may add this multiple times to the same Tentacle. The effects stack.

Long Tentacle: Additional cost 3
    Required Level 4: Your tentacle's reach is increased by 5', but it gains a -1 penalty to attack. You may add this multiple times to the same Tentacle. The effects stack.

Coiling Tentacle: Additional cost 4
    Required Level 5: When grappling with this tentacle, if the target is in another square, you may choose to pull them into your square (this movement does not provoke an attack of opportunity). In addition, this tentacle gains a constrict attack dealing 1d4 damage (for medium creatures).

Enchanted Tentacle: Additional cost X
    Required Level 6: You may exchange an amount of the enhancement bonus to the tentacle granted by the unearthly power ability for an enchantment that counts as an enhancement of that amount. This amount may not exceed 1/3 your class level rounded down - 1. This costs twice amount of the enhancement bonus being traded. You may add this multiple times to the same Tentacle. The effects stack.

Blunt Tentacle: Additional cost 4
    Required Level 6: This tentacle cannot be used to attack. It can however have a mouth at least two sizes smaller or an eye on it. If a mouth is put on it, the bite attack of the mouth gains a reach equal to that of the tentacle. This tentacle may be extended into another square to devour a creature, however if this is done, the length of the tentacle may be attacked as though it were your body (it cannot be flanked however). This augment may not be placed on a tentacle that also has the budding tentacle augment.

Swiping Tail: Additional cost 1
    Requires Level 6 and Tail augment: The tail gains a tail sweep attack. This special attack allows the ozodrin to sweep with its tail as a standard action. The sweep affects a half-circle with a radius equal to the tail's length, extending from an intersection on the edge of the tail's originating space in any direction. Creatures within the swept area are affected if they are four or more size categories smaller than the tail (fine for a medium creature). A tail sweep automatically deals the 1d4 damage (for medium creatures) plus 1-1/2 times the ozodrin’s Strength bonus (round down). Affected creatures can attempt Reflex saves (DC 10 + strength modifier + half class level) to take half damage.

Budding Tentacle: Additional cost 2
    Required Level 8: This tentacle can have the tip open up. While open, it is unable to attack. However it can perform fine manipulation of objects, such as holding a pen, writing, or performing tasks that require a sleight of hand check. It is however not strong enough to wield weapons. It is also capable of having an eye placed on the inside of the bud, thus allowing it to see when open. This augment may not be placed on a tentacle that also has the blunt tentacle augment.

Travelling Tentacle: Additional cost 6
    Required Level 11: This tentacle has the ability to pass the rest of your body through it. You may use 5' of your strange movement to move to any point along the length of this tentacle as a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity. This usage of strange movement does not require line of sight. This is not prevented by dimensional anchor or other similar abilities and is not considered a teleportation effect. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity from any creatures you would pass. If you so choose, you may extend this tentacle into the normal world when using the strange movement ability.

Limb: Cost - 4
    Appearance: You have an extra limb growing from somewhere.
    Required Level: 6
    Benefits: You gain an extra limb. It has a hand capable of holding things such as weapons. The limb has a default reach of 5'. If the limb is not carrying anything, it grants a +1 bonus to grapple checks made against creatures within it's reach. This bonus stacks with other bonuses to grapple checks. More than two limbs may not hold a single weapon.
    Special: An ozodrin of at least 6th level can take the Multiweapon Fighting feat.
    Augments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Small Limb: Additional cost -1
    Limb counts as a size category smaller. You may add this multiple times to the same limb to a minimum limb size of fine. The effects stack. This may not reduce the cost of the limb to less than 1.

Leg: Additional cost 1
    The limb is a leg. As such it cannot be used to carry things and no longer grants a grapple bonus. Instead it grants a +1 bonus to resisting bullrush and trip attempts as well as a +1 bonus to bullrush attempts. In addition, every two leg augments increases your base land speed by 5 ft. This increase does not count toward other factors that are based on your base land speed. If this would increase your total number of legs to 4 or more (counting legs that are not features), you are counted as a quadruped.

Claw: Additional cost 2
    The limb has a claw. This claw deals 1d6 damage for a medium sized limb. The claw may only be used to attack if the limb is not holding something.

Long Limb: Additional cost 3
    Limb's reach increases by 5'. Attacks with the limb are reduced by 1. You may add this multiple times to the same limb. The effects stack.

Expeditious Leg: Additional cost 2
    Requires Leg augment: This leg grants an additional 5 ft bonus to your base land speed. This increase does not count toward other factors that are based on your base land speed.

Enchanted Claw: Additional cost X
    Required Level 6 and Claw augment: You may exchange an amount of the enhancement bonus to the limb's claw attack granted by the unearthly power ability for an enchantment that counts as an enhancement of that amount. This amount may not exceed 1/3 your class level rounded down - 1. This costs twice amount of the enhancement bonus being traded. You may add this multiple times to the same limb. The effects stack.

Large Limb: Additional cost 8
    Required Level 7: Limb counts as a size category larger. This allows it to wield weapons as if it were that size. You may add this multiple times to the same limb. The effects stack.

Crawling Limb: Additional cost 3
    Required Level 8: This limb grants a +2 bonus to climb checks, but no longer provides a bonus to grapple. If you have at least four crawling limbs you gain a climb speed of 10'. This speed increases by 5' for every two additional crawling limbs you have. If your crawl speed would be higher than your base movement speed, you may choose to use it in place of your base movement speed, provided you make no other actions using those limbs in the same round (this does not change your base land speed for other abilities that are based on you base land speed).

Trampling Leg: Additional cost 3
    Requires level 8 and Leg augment: You gain the ability to trample over smaller enemies. As a full round action, you may move up to your base land speed distance. You make a trample attack the occupants of any squares you move through, provided they are at least one size category smaller than your largest trampling leg. This attacks deals 1d4 + Strength mod damage (for a medium leg) +1 per additional trampling leg you have, and gains a bonus to attack for every two leg features you posses. You may only trample a given creature once per round. Creatures dealt damage must make a Strength check (DC 10 + number of leg features you posses) or be knocked prone.

Claws that Catch: Additional cost 1
    Required Level 9: The limb grants a +1 bonus to grapple checks made against creatures within it's reach as long as it is not holding anything. If the limb also has the Claw ability it instead grants a +3 bonus. This bonus stacks with other bonuses to grapple.

Absent Limb: Additional cost 2
    Required Level 13 and that limb have Crawling Limb augment: This limb is not there. It can't be used to attack or hold items. However you still retain your climb speed granted by this limb if you have it. This inspires fear in creatures watching you climb with it. They must make a will save (DC 10 + Charisma modifier + 1 per limb with this feature being used) or become shaken for 1 round. If they fail, each round they see you climbing they must try again until they pass.
    Special: If all your limbs being used to climb have this augment, you no longer take penalties for performing actions while climbing.

Spike: Cost - 1
    Appearance: You have a spike growing out of you.
    Required Level: 7
    Benefits: You grow a spike or group of spikes somewhere on you. Spikes always start out fine sized before augments and deal 1 piercing damage (see armor spike damage table for other sizes). When grappling, you may only have one spike affect the grappled creature each round, though you may choose a different spike each round. Unlike most features, you may also apply the spike feature to tentacles, limbs, and fins (only one spike may be applied to a single such feature). If you do, that feature adds the spikes damage onto its own when it deals damage (if it lacks an attack it gains a secondary sting natural attack that deals the spike's damage). If a spike is added to a stomach, the stomach is treated as having caltrops that deal the spikes damage in one square (if the formed stomach augment is applied), or if the formed stomach augment is not applied it gains a secondary natural attack against a single creature inside it per spike dealing the smallest spike's damage.
    Special: If you have the Aberrant feat Darkspawn, you may choose to exchange the spikes granted from itto gain one additional form point + 1 per size category larger than fine they are. You may also use this feature before level 7 if you have the Darkspawn feat, but may not use its augments other than Large Spike (and only up to the size of the spikes Darkspawn would grant) until reaching level 7.
    Augments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Large Spike: Additional cost 1
    The spike counts as a size category larger. You may apply this augment to the same spike multiple times. The effects stack.

Multiple Spikes: Additional cost 1
    Requires Large Spike: Instead of one large spike you have multiple smaller ones. The spike counts as a size category smaller, and gains +1 to damage. You may apply this augment to the same spike up to as many times as large spike had been applied to it.

Horn: Additional cost 2
    Requires Spike be at least as large as one size category less than you, and that it not be placed on a feature: Instead of acting as armor spikes, this spike instead grants a primary gore attack. A medium horn deals 1d8 damage (use standard table to adjust for size).

Enchanted Spike: Additional cost X
    Required Level 6: You may exchange an amount of the enhancement bonus to the spike's attack granted by the unearthly power ability for an enchantment that counts as an enhancement of that amount. This amount may not exceed 1/3 your class level rounded down - 1. This costs twice amount of the enhancement bonus being traded. You may add this multiple times to the same limb. The effects stack.

Throwing Spikes: Additional cost 3
    Required Level 8: These spikes are capable of being launched from your body. They gain a ranged natural attack dealing damage as normal. They have a range increment of 40 feet for a medium sized ozodrin (this range increases by 5 for every size larger than medium the ozodrin is than medium, and decreases by 5 for every size smaller than medium). Once launched, the spike may no longer be used or deal damage until a standard action is spent to regrow them. They may be regrown as part of a full attack counting toward the ozodrin's attack limit for the round.

Longshot Spikes: Additional cost 2
    Requires Level 8 and Throwing Spikes: Increase the range increment of the spikes by 10 feet. This augment may be added to the same spikes multiple times. The effects stack.

Quickfire Spikes: Additional cost 1
    Requires Level 8, Throwing Spikes, and Multiple Spikes: By taking a -1 penalty to damage when firing the spikes, you may regrow it as a swift action rather than a standard action. In addition it would not count toward your attacks for the round to regrow it during a full attack.

Twisting Spike: Additional cost 2
    Required Level 9: This spike is able to twist or spin. This allows it to ignore a point of DR or Hardness equal to the the number of times added + Spike size above tiny. If added to a digging fin, allows you to dig through material with a hardness of less than that which the spike can ignore as if it were normal ground. This augment may be added to the same spike multiple times. Each time it increases the amount of DR or hardness it can ignore by 1.

Hollow Spike: Additional cost 5
    Requires level 10: Any time you would make an initial save against a disease poison, you may choose to make a second save at a -3 penalty, regardless of whether you pass the first save or not (you may not do this for more than one hollow spike at a time). If you fail this second save, you are affected even if you passed the first save. If you succeed, this spike gains a single dose of that disease or poison. If you are immune to the disease or poison, you are treated as passing both saves. This spike may only hold a single dose at a time. Any time you would deal damage with this spike while it contains a dose, you may choose to inject the dose into the target. If you do so they are treated as if the initial source that affected you were affecting them. Doing so uses up the dose A hollow spike may hold a dose for any duration of time, even if the ozodrin changes its form, provided it does not remove the hollow spike feature from its build. You may eject the contents of a hollow spike harmlessly as a move action.

Fillable Spike: Additional cost 2
    Requires level 10 and Hollow Spike: If you knowingly consume a poison or disease with the intent of using this ability, you may have it provide this spike with a dose without making saves. The consumed substance does not count toward eating or drinking.

Debilitating Spike*: Additional cost 2
    Requires level 11 and Hollow Spike: Your hollow spike is capable of producing its own venom. As a move action you may fill it with a dose of Disfiguring Venom. This venom requires a Fort save (DC = 10+ half class level + Con modifier) and has an initial and secondary damage of -2 penalty to all attacks and saves. This damage may be healed by anything that can heal ability damage, and recovers at a rate of 1 point per day.

Weakening Spike*: Additional cost 3
    Requires level 11 and Hollow Spike: Your hollow spike is capable of producing its own venom. As a move action you may fill it with a dose of Weakening Venom. This venom requires a Fort save (DC = 10+ half class level + Con modifier) and has an initial and secondary damage of 2 Str damage.

Paralytic Spike*: Additional cost 3
    Requires level 11 and Hollow Spike: Your hollow spike is capable of producing its own venom. As a move action you may fill it with a dose of Paralytic Venom. This venom requires a Fort save (DC = 10+ half class level + Con modifier) and has an initial and secondary damage of 2 Dex damage.

Mind Numbing Spike*: Additional cost 3
    Requires level 11 and Hollow Spike: Your hollow spike is capable of producing its own venom. As a move action you may fill it with a dose of Mind Numbing Venom. This venom requires a Fort save (DC = 10+ half class level + Con modifier) and has an initial and secondary damage of 2 Int damage.

Hallucinogenic Spike*: Additional cost 3
    Requires level 11 and Hollow Spike: Your hollow spike is capable of producing its own venom. As a move action you may fill it with a dose of Hallucinogenic Venom. This venom requires a Fort save (DC = 10+ half class level + Con modifier) and has an initial and secondary damage of 2 Wis damage.

Disfiguring Spike*: Additional cost 3
    Requires level 11 and Hollow Spike: Your hollow spike is capable of producing its own venom. As a move action you may fill it with a dose of Disfiguring Venom. This venom requires a Fort save (DC = 10+ half class level + Con modifier) and has an initial and secondary damage of 2 Cha damage.

Deadly Spike*: Additional cost 6
    Requires level 11 and Hollow Spike: Your hollow spike is capable of producing its own venom. As a move action you may fill it with a dose of Deadly Venom. This venom requires a Fort save (DC = 10+ half class level + Con modifier) and has an initial and secondary damage of 2 Con damage.

Rapid Venom: Additional cost 2
    Requires level 12 and one of the * Spike augments: The venom the spike can produce is quick acting. The initial damage is increased by 1. This augment may be added multiple times to the same spike. Each time you may have it affect a different venom the spike may produce, or have it stack with an already affected venom. If used with the deadly spike augment it costs an additional form point. The cost of this augment increases by 1 for every 2 times it is applied to a given venom you can produce.

Virulent Venom: Additional cost 2
    Requires level 12 and one of the * Spike augments: The save DC of one of the poisons this spike can produce is increased by 2, to a maximum of 10+Class Level. This augment may be added multiple times to the same spike. Each time you may have it affect a different venom the spike may produce, or have it stack with an already affected venom. If used with the deadly spike augment it costs an additional 1 form points.

Potent Venom: Additional cost 1
    Requires level 12 and Rapid Venom: The potency of the venom this spike can produce persists. The secondary damage is increased by 1. This cannot increase the secondary damage above the initial damage. This augment may be added multiple times to the same spike. Each time you may have it affect a different venom the spike may produce, or have it stack with an already affected venom. If used with the deadly spike augment it costs an additional form point.

Chambered Spike: Additional cost 3
    Requires level 13 and Hollow Spike: This spike has multiple chambers in which the it can hold venoms and poisons. It can hold an additional dose at any given time. However the save DCs of a dose from this spike is decreased by 2. You may only eject one dose from this spike at a time. You may add this augment to the same spike multiple times. The effects stack.

Fin: Cost - 2
    Appearance: You have a fin somewhere on your body.
    Required Level: 9
    Benefits: You gain a +1 circumstance modifier on swim checks for each fin. If you have two or more fins you also gain a swim speed of 10ft. This speed increases by 10ft for each additional pair of fins. The fin counts as one size category smaller than yourself.
    Special: An ozodrin with this ability can take feats that require a swim, burrow, or fly speed of any maneuverability as though they possessed such a speed. If you have the aberrant feat waterspawn you may use this ability but not its augments before level 9. The swim speed stacks with any swim speed you already have. If you have the aberrant feat starspawn, you may use this feature with the wing augment before level 9, but may not use any other augments. You also may not use it without the wing augment before level 9 unless you also have the waterspawn aberrant feat.
    Augments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Small Fin: Additional cost -1
    Fin counts as a size category smaller. For each time this augment is added, it requires twice as many fins of the same size to count as a single fin for calculating your swim speed. You may add this multiple times to the same fin to a minimum fin size of fine. The effects stack. This may not reduce the cost of the fin to less than 1.

Violent Fin: Additional cost 1
    You can make a slam attack with your fin as a secondary natural weapon (a medium fin deals 1d6 damage + one half strength modifier, use the standard table for adjusting damage die to calculate other sizes). A digging fin is instead treated as a secondary claw attack (same damage).

Wide Fin: Additional cost 2
    Your fin is effectively a size category larger. This fin looses its +1 circumstance modifier to swimming, but counts as an additional fin for calculating your swim speed. You may add this multiple times to the same fin. The effects stack.

Skillful Fin: Additional cost 3
    The skill bonus granted by your fin increases by 2. If the fin also has the Wide Fin augment it gains the bonus is changed to 1 instead. You may apply this ability to the same fin a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier.

Wing: Additional cost 3
    Your fin is instead a wing, granting a bonus to jump checks instead of swim checks and a flight speed instead of a swim speed (Clumsy maneuverability).
    Special: Your fly speed stacks with any flight speed you already posses. Use the better manoeuvrability of the two.

Razor Fin: Additional cost 6
    This fin is razor sharp. When moving through an occupied square, or making a flyby or charge attack you may automatically attempt an attack with this fin (provided it is on the part of you passing through the square). A medium razor fin deals 1d4 slashing damage (use standard size table, it is a secondary natural attack). If the fin has the violent fin augment, attacking with it counts as slashing damage. A razor fin may only attack the same creature once each round.

Enchanted Fin: Additional cost X
    Requires Violent Fin or Razor Fin augment: You may exchange an amount of the enhancement bonus to the fin granted by the unearthly power ability for an enchantment that counts as an enhancement of that amount. This amount may not exceed 1/3 your class level rounded down - 1. This costs twice amount of the enhancement bonus being traded. You may add this multiple times to the same fin. The effects stack.

Unearthly Fin: Additional cost 1
    Required Level 12: Your flight maneuverability improves by one category for every two wings with this ability. Up to 5ft of your burrowing speed per two unearthly digging fins can be applied to any material with hardness of 10 or less.

Digging Fin: Additional cost 4
    Required Level 12: Your fin gains claws suitable for shoveling soil and dirt, granting you a bonus on climb checks instead of swim checks and a burrow speed instead of a swim speed. The granted burrow speed is one half what the granted swim speed would be (I.E. 5ft per two digging fins).
    Special: The burrow speed stacks with any burrow speed you already posses.

Absent Fin: Additional cost 2
    Requires level 16. You do not actually have a fin. As such you can not attack with it. Despite this you are able to move as if you did. A fin with this augment may not be used to attack. While moving with it, you inspire fear in creatures watching your unnatural movement. They must make a will save (DC 10 + Charisma modifier + 1 per fin with this feature being used) or become shaken for 1 round. If they fail, each round they see you swimming (or flying if a wing) they must try again until they pass.
    Special: If all fins being used for a movement type have this augment, it has the following effect based on the movement type: flying you don't disturb the air and are treated as being on the ground for heavy wind such as that caused by the gust spell; swimming, you do not disturb the water as you move, you automatically pass all swim checks to resist current; burrowing, you do not disturb the earth and leave no hole as you pass through.

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2012-06-11 at 11:49 AM.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

Features Consolidated 2
    Spoiler
    Show

Special Eyes: Cost - 6
    Appearance: Special eyes look like strange, clearly inhuman eyes on various parts of the ozodrin's body or hair.
    Required Level: 11
    Benefits: You gain a supernatural gaze attack originating from the eye. This attack deals 1d6 + Charisma modifier damage and has a range of 60'. Creatures may make a Reflex Save (DC=10+1/2 Ozodrin level + Cha modifier) to avoid the damage. Creatures may only be affected by one special eye per 6 points of charisma modifier (rounded down minimum 1) each round. If a creature would at be affected by more special eyes than that in a single round, then only the first eyes affect them, or in the case of it being simultaneous, you choose which ones before saves are rolled.
    Special: A special eye counts toward the number of basic eyes you have for the normal effects of basic eyes.
    Augments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Farsight:Additional cost 2
    The range of your gaze attack increases by 10'. You may add this multiple times to the same eye. The effects stack.

Penetrating Gaze: Additional cost 4
    The gaze attack deals an extra die of damage (or point of damage). If the eye has an effect with a duration rather than dealing damage, the base duration is increased by 1 die. It does not affect dazzling gaze. You may add this multiple times to the same eye. The effects stack.

Wide Gaze: Additional cost 6
    Creatures making a reflex save to avoid the gaze attack must also move 5' to either side as a part of the save (not factored into their movement, but does provoke attacks of opportunity). If they are unable to do so they automatically fail the save.

Frightful Gaze*: Additional cost 2
    Creatures that meet the gaze of this eye become shaken rather than harmed. The save for this eye is a Will save rather than a reflex save. For every 5 points they fail the save by they are increased an additional step in fear. They remain shaken for 1d4 rounds. This is a mind-affecting fear effect. It may not be use on the same eye as other augments with a * by them.

Silencing Gaze*: Additional cost 2
    Creatures that meet the gaze of this eye become silenced rather than harmed. Creatures that fail the save are silenced for 1d4 round.

Disorienting Gaze*: Additional cost 4
    Creatures that meet the gaze of this eye become disoriented rather than harmed. This gaze treats the target as the confusion spell cast at a caster level equal to 1/2 the ozodrin's class level (rounded up). The exception is that the DC of the save is the same as that of other special eyes.

Charming Gaze*: Additional cost 6
    Creatures that meet the gaze of this eye become charmed rather than harmed. This gaze treats the target as the charm person or charm monster spell cast at a caster level equal to 1/2 the ozodrin's class level (rounded up). The exception is that the DC of the save is the same as that of other special eyes.

Cumbersome Gaze*: Additional cost 6
    Requires level 14. Creatures that meet the gaze of this eye become cumbersome rather than harmed. Creatures that fail the save take 2 points of dexterity damage. This heals at a rate of 1 point every 2 rounds, but only if they haven't been affected by it again within those two rounds. The save for this eye is a Fortitude save rather than a reflex save. It may not be use on the same eye as other augments with a * by them.

Disfiguring Gaze*: Additional cost 6
    Requires level 14. Creatures that meet the gaze of this eye become disfigured rather than harmed. Creatures that fail the save take 2 points of charisma damage. This heals at a rate of 1 point every 2 rounds, but only if they haven't been affected by it again within those two rounds. The save for this eye is a Will save rather than a reflex save. It may not be use on the same eye as other augments with a * by them.

Fragile Gaze*: Additional cost 6
    Requires level 14. Creatures that meet the gaze of this eye become fragile rather than harmed. Creatures that fail the save take 2 points of constitution damage. This heals at a rate of 1 point every 2 rounds, but only if they haven't been affected by it again within those two rounds. The save for this eye is a Fortitude save rather than a reflex save. It may not be use on the same eye as other augments with a * by them.

Lethargic Gaze*: Additional cost 6
    Requires level 14. Creatures that meet the gaze of this eye become lethargic rather than harmed. Creatures that fail the save take 2 points of strength damage. This heals at a rate of 1 point every 2 rounds, but only if they haven't been affected by it again within those two rounds. The save for this eye is a Fortitude save rather than a reflex save. It may not be use on the same eye as other augments with a * by them.

Maddening Gaze*: Additional cost 6
    Requires level 14. Creatures that meet the gaze of this eye become maddened rather than harmed. Creatures that fail the save take 2 points of wisdom damage. This heals at a rate of 1 point every 2 rounds, but only if they haven't been affected by it again within those two rounds. The save for this eye is a Will save rather than a reflex save. It may not be use on the same eye as other augments with a * by them.

Stupefying Gaze*: Additional cost 6
    Requires level 14. Creatures that meet the gaze of this eye become befuddled rather than harmed. Creatures that fail the save take 2 points of intelligence damage. This heals at a rate of 1 point every 2 rounds, but only if they haven't been affected by it again within those two rounds. The save for this eye is a Will save rather than a reflex save. It may not be use on the same eye as other augments with a * by them.

Dazzling Gaze*: Additional cost 8
    Requires level 16. Creatures that meet the gaze of this eye become dazed rather than harmed. Creatures that fail the save are dazed for 1 round. It may not be use on the same eye as other augments with a * by them.

Flesh: Cost - 2
    Appearance: Your flesh takes on a strange texture or colouration. May have various growths or other unusual features.
    Required Level: 12
    Benefits: Your flesh is unusually slick and malleable, granting you a +1 bonus to escape artist checks. You can form multiple flesh with every 2 granting a +1 bonus to natural armor that stacks with any preexisting natural armor.
    Special: Flesh can be used on any puppets without altering their appearance granting the puppet the same abilities as if you applied it to yourself. Puppets otherwise do not gain the benefits of flesh you apply to yourself.
    Augments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luminous Flesh: Additional cost 1
    Parts of the flesh give off light. The colour, intensity, pattern, and placement of the light is up to you. The light may produce up to 5 feet of illumination per class level (including levels in other classes that advance the flesh feature). This causes a -10 penalty to hide checks when in the dark. This penalty increases by -5 for every 5 feet of illumination after the first 15 feet. If used in the stomach with the Duplicitous Appearance or Pretending Flesh augments it may be used to mimic the appearance of the sky, or other light sources. The glow may be suppressed or resumed as a move action. This augment may be added multiple times to the same flesh. The effects do not stack. Each time it creates a separate set of glowing spots, each set of which may be suppressed or resumed separately.

Filtering Flesh: Additional cost 2
    Your flesh is able to filter out a harmful substance of your choice from the environment. This allows you to breathe a gas or liquid that would normally require you to hold your breath, or to eat food tainted by the chosen substance without harm (immunity to the chosen poison or disease). This allows you to survive in materials that are usually poisonous, but it does not allow you to ignore other effects (the heat of lava, exploding methane, etc). Even if there is no normal air, you may still breath if the chosen substance is available. This augment may be applied multiple times to the same flesh. Its effects do not stack. Each time you choose a different substance.

Fragrant Flesh: Additional cost 2
    Your flesh gives off a different smell from normal. Upon applying this augment, select a smell and taste. Your flesh smells and tastes as decided, and grants a +4 bonus to disguise checks as a result (if trying to disguise yourself as what you smell like). You may choose to smell like nothing, in which case the bonus is +2 to hide checks. Note that while this alters your smell, it does not change the smell of what is on you, thus if you just waded though a swamp, you will still smell like a swamp.

Iron Flesh: Additional cost 2
    The flesh is hard rather than slick, granting DR 1/adamantine instead of a bonus to escape artist checks. This benefit stacks with other flesh that have the Iron Flesh augment.

Energy Consuming Flesh: Additional cost 3
    Your flesh grants resistance 5 to the elemental energy type of your choice (Fire, Cold, Acid, Electricity, or Sonic). Multiple flesh with the Energy Consuming Flesh augment for the same energy type stack. This augment may be added to the same flesh multiple times. The effects do not stack. Each time you select a different energy type.
    Special: Every 50 points of energy damage negated counts as both eating a pound of food and drinking a gallon of water for the purposes of avoiding starvation and dehydration. This does not stack if you have multiple energy consuming skins of the same energy type. A fire consuming skin renders you immune to heat-based environmental effects that deal nonlethal damage, and a cold consuming skin renders you immune to cold-based environmental effects that deal nonlethal damage.

Magic Eating Flesh: Additional cost 3
    Required Level 13: Your flesh can absorb magic itself. You gains Spell resistance 13, or increases your current spell resistance by 3.
    Special: If a spell fails to overcome the spell resistance of an Ozodrin with this feature, the Ozodrin gains 5 x spell level temporary hit points. These temporary hit points do not stack with themselves. Eating 3 levels worth of spells counts as eating a pound of food and drinking a gallon of water for the purposes of avoiding starvation and dehydration.

Pretending Flesh: Additional cost 6
    Required Level 14: Your flesh changes color and stiffness in order to mimic the effects of the disguise self spell. Unlike the spell you cannot appear to be something smaller than you are, the Pretending Flesh counts as a mundane disguise once formed (it is not defeated by true seeing), and you can fake a body type other than your own by accepting a -10 penalty to the disguise check [extra bits are non-functional unless you use other features to mimic them]. Alternately, you can create a skin that blends into your surroundings like a chameleon. This use of the skin grants you a racial bonus to hide checks equal to your class level. You can choose for only part of your body to be hidden. This flesh does not effect objects you are holding such as a sword, although it can cover stationary objects on your person such as clothing or jewelry.
    Special: You may only have one Pretending Flesh active at a time. You can switch between multiple Pretending Flesh as a swift action. Other abilities possessed by the flesh is not effected. You also do not take disguise penalties from aberrant feats while using this augment.

Condensed Flesh: Additional cost 8
    Required Level 15: Your flesh is more condensed than normal. Due to this you are a size category smaller. Your ability scores and the size of other features are not modified, but all other modifiers apply. This stacks with other Condensed Flesh. You may apply this augment to the same flesh multiple times. The effects stack to a minimum size of tiny.
    Special: An ozodrin with at least one instance of this augment is immune to atmospheric pressure effects. You may choose to create a version of this skin that does not change your size category for only 4 form points.

Engorged Flesh: Additional cost 8
    Required Level 15: Your flesh is more engorged than normal. Due to this you are a size category larger. Your ability scores and the size of other features are not modified, but all other modifiers apply. This stacks with other Engorged Flesh. You may apply this augment to the same flesh multiple times. The effects stack to a maximum size of colossal.
    Special: An ozodrin with at least one instance of this augment is immune to atmospheric pressure effects.

Secreting Flesh: Additional cost 2
    Required Level 16: Your flesh secretes a deadly liquid that dissolves, ignites, electrocutes, or freezes your foes. This flesh adds 1 point of acid, fire, electric, or cold damage to all of your natural attacks (choose one when forming the skin). This damage is also dealt to any creature that comes into contact with your flesh, either by grappling or by using a natural weapon. This damage does not effect nonliving material, but it does effect undead. You may suppress or resume the effects as a free action, however it takes two rounds for the effect to stop or resume. Multiple Secreting flesh stack with each other. You can add this augment to the same flesh multiple times. The effects stack.

Supernatural Consuming Flesh: Additional cost 4
    Required Level 16: This acts as the Energy Consuming Flesh augment except you choose from the Positive, Negative, and Hellfire energy types.

Cystic Flesh: Additional cost 2
    Requires Level 17 and Secreting Flesh augment: Flesh with this augment is filled with cysts containing the concentrated secretion from your Secreting Flesh augment. Any time you are dealt piercing or slashing damage, the cysts are ruptured causing them to spray out the secretion in 5 ft. cone in the direction the attack came from. Creatures in the area take 1d4 damage of the secretion’s type. A reflex save (10 + ½ the ozodrin’s Class level + the ozodrin’s Charisma modifier) negates the damage. This augment may be applied to the same flesh multiple times. The effects do not stack. Each time it is taken it applies to a different secretion available to that flesh.
    Optional: At the DM’s discretion, this damage is also applied to the weapons used to make the attack. Affected weapons are allowed a reflex save as normal to negate the damage.

Regenerative Flesh: Additional cost 2
    Required Level 17: This flesh uses your nourishment to rapidly repair itself. You heal 10 hit points per pound of food consumed, up to a maximum of 10 hit points healed per round. Living creatures that you devour count towards this ability. If the weight of an enemy is unknown, assume that a medium bipedal creature contains 100lbs of meat and use carrying capacity modifiers to determine the weight of larger or smaller creatures. Multiple Regenerative Flesh do not stack with each other, except that the maximum number of hit points healed per round is equal to 5 x the number of Regenerative Flesh the Ozodrin has formed (You do not gain additional hit points per pound of food consumed).

Force Consuming Flesh: Additional cost 4
    Required Level 18: This acts as the Energy Consuming Flesh augment except it is only for the force energy type.

Reality Warping Flesh: Additional cost 10
    Required Level 18: This flesh slightly alters reality around itself, creating 1 inch emanation around yourself. This emanation allows you to selectively ignore the alignment and magic traits of various planes, but only within one inch of your body. For example, a special eye used in a dead magic zone would fail to function as normal unless the target was within 1 inch of it. This ability also applies to antimagic and energy transformation fields regardless of source. Creatures inside your stomach also receive this benefit. This augment does not stack with other reality warping flesh.
    Special: This flesh allows you to survive in non-Euclidean realities.

Puppet: Cost - special see below
    Appearance: You create a fake version of another creature using your features. with a thin tendril trailing back to you.
    Required Level: 13
    Calculating cost: A puppet is actually a special manner of combining features that reduces their combat ability but makes them useful decoys. A puppet requires a tentacle with the blunt ability at least 2 sizes larger than the creature you wish to duplicate, and with a length a minimum length of 15' + 5' for every size category bigger than small it is. It then requires a number of eyes equal to the amount the creature normally has, a number of mouths the creature has of a size category smaller than those the creature, and a number of tentacle and limbs equal to the amount the creature normally has that are the same size as the creature + 1 tentacle for each tail the creature has (you do not need to add the tail augment unless you wish for the tail to be able to attack). Once you calculate the cost for everything, halve it (rounded down) to find the cost of the puppet.
    Benefits: You create what looks like another creature on one of your tentacles. This puppet has a +20 to disguise checks to appear as the intended type of creature type. If it is meant to look like a specific individual, it has a +15 bonus to disguise checks to appear as that individual. Puppets do not suffer from racial or aberrant feat penalties to disguise checks. A puppet can look, act, and sound (if a Deceptive Mouth was used) like the creature it is meant to. However, it may not attack unless armed with a weapon the creature could use, or the creature has a natural attack, in which case it is treated as a size smaller than the augment used to emulate it for the purpose of determining damage. A puppet is treated as having a strength of 8 for any attacks it would make. It is able to be attacked as a normal creature, but damage is dealt to you. A puppet otherwise uses your abilities and saves. A puppet can move a distance away from you equal to 10' + 5' for every extra 5' of length you made the blunt tentacle. Puppets have their own move speed and move actions equal to those of a normal creature of their type.
    Special: If you know a the subject you wish to make a puppet of well, you may reduce the cost by 3 (to a minimum of 0), or grant it an additional +5 to disguise checks to appear as the subject. You may not add other features onto a puppet like you could a normal blunt tentacle with the exception of lure traps. Puppets count as a single feature for the Manifest Form ability.
    Augments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mini Version Additional cost -x
    You may make a puppet that is smaller than normal creatures of the type it mimics. Use features of a size category smaller than normal. The puppet gains a -10 penalty to appear as a normal creature of that type for each size smaller than normal it is. You may add this multiple times to the same Puppet. The effects stack.

Hidden Puppeteer: Additional cost 2
    When using the strange movement feature to hide, the ozodrin may leave this puppet in the normal plane. For the purposes of how far the puppet can move, it acts as if the ozodrin is where it would be if it stopped using strange movement. As long as the puppet is out, time the ozodrin spends hidden using strange movement does not count toward their maximum amount for the day, though any attempt to move still does, as does initiating strange movement.

Strong puppet: Additional cost 3
    The puppet gains +2 to strength. This may be applied multiple times to the same puppet. The effects stack.

Jerk the Line: Additional cost 4
    The tentacle leading back to you is strong enough to jerk the puppet out of danger. As a free action you may jerk the puppet granting it a +6 bonus to dexterity and reflex saves, but reducing the disguise bonus against those who saw it by 10. It can also invoke fear in those who see it, prompting a will save (DC 5 + Charisma modifier), or become shaken. You may also choose to move the puppet 5' in a direction when using this, the movement does not provoke an attack of opportunity. You may not use this on the same puppet more than once per round.

Appealing: Additional cost 5
    The puppet gives off an aura that makes others want to protect or otherwise help it. Creatures seeing the puppet must make a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 class level + charisma modifier) or treat the puppet as friendly and desire to help and protect it. Creatures that know the puppet for what it is gain a +4 bonus to this save. If the puppet takes recognizably hostile actions against a creature or group, the effects of this ability toward that creature or group end. The puppet may choose to exclude creatures from the effects of this aura. This effect does not function if the puppet has a triggered lure trap.

Missing Strings: Additional cost 3
    Required Level 15: The tentacle connecting you to the puppet is capable of passing through the extra-dimensional pocket that your stomach is in. If you choose to have it do so, it takes up 5 feet of your Strange Movement for the day (this is only when you have the tentacle enter the extra-dimensional pocket and has no time limit on how long you may have it remain so), but makes the tentacle impossible to see. This adds an additional +5 bonus to the puppets disguise check as well as increasing the distance the puppet can move from you by 10'.

Puppet Show: Additional cost 4
    Required Level 15: The puppet becomes 2 size categories smaller, but you gain an additional puppet of the same type. The puppets may not move more than 5' apart. While they must be the same type of creature, they may look like different members of that race. They gain a -20 penalty to appear as normal members of that race. This may be added multiple times to the same puppet. It does not reduce the size each time, but creates an additional puppet each time. Each puppet must be within 5' of each other.

Stomach: Cost - 4
    Appearance: You have a secondary stomach inside your body.
    Required Level: 14
    Benefits: You gain a secondary stomach in addition to your primary one. A secondary stomach is automatically large enough for a single huge creature (or 64 small ones). Any mouth can lead to any stomach, chosen when the mouth is created. A secondary stomach has all the benefits of your primary stomach described in Swallow Whole. Anything in a secondary stomach that is removed is either pushed through an opening into another stomach or is placed in a square next to the Ozodrin.
    Special: You may apply or remove augments to a stomach after it has been created as a move action. You may apply augments to your primary stomach as if it were a secondary stomach. Stomachs do not count toward the DC of Manifest Form.
    Any other classes that advance the stomach feature, also count as ozodrin levels toward calculating the size of the ozodrin's primary stomach unless otherwise specified.
    Augments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Large Stomach: Additional cost 2
    Increases the capacity of the stomach by 2 large creatures (or 16 small creatures). You can add this augment multiple times to the same stomach. Its effects stack.

Resistant Innards: Additional cost 3
    The walls of your stomach gain energy resistance 10 to the energy type of your choice. You can add this augment multiple times to the same stomach. Its effects stack.

Stomach of Steel: Additional cost 3
    The hardness of this stomach is increased by 5. You can add this augment multiple times to the same stomach. The effects stack.

Dimensional Trap: Additional cost 4
    Teleportation effects do not function within the stomach. This includes plane shift and similar effects.

Formed Stomach: Additional cost 5
    Required level 15: The stomach can keep a defined form. It acts like a room. The volume of the room may not exceed 5'x5'x10' per medium sized creature able to fit in the stomach, but may otherwise be arranged how you like.

Membranous Construction: Additional cost 1
    Requires Level 15 and Formed Stomach: You can create an object in your stomach. This augment functions like wall of stone, except that the object is made out of your flesh instead of stone, fuses with surrounding flesh, and only creates 5 cubic feet worth of material. This flesh has the same hardness and energy resistances as the rest of the stomach. This augment can be added to the same stomach multiple times. The effects don't stack, each time it creates a different object. However, it may be used multiple times to create a single object using more than 5 cubic feet worth of material.

Duplicitous Appearance: Additional cost 2
    Requires Level 15 and Formed Stomach: You may make the material of your stomach the colour and texture of the material of your choice. You may have different portions mimic different materials. While appearance and texture are mimicked, other properties are not gained. Recognizing that the material is not what it seems requires a DC 10 Search or Spot check. This augment may be added to the same stomach multiple times. Each time it increases the DC by 10.

Doorway: Additional cost 1
    Requires Level 15, Formed Stomach and at least 2 stomachs (one of which may be your primary stomach): You create an entryway between two stomachs of the size of your choice. Either a mouth feature or the Membranous Construction augment may be used to create a door for it, in which case you are able to open or close the door as a move action. If a mouth is used, closing the door counts as a bite attack against all creatures in the entryway. This augment can be added to the same stomach multiple times. The effects don't stack, each time it creates a different entryway.

Entryway: Additional cost 2
    Requires Level 15, Formed Stomach, and a Mouth between the stomach and the outside: The mouth leading to the stomach no longer is capable of a bite attack, but is able to expand to accommodate creatures up to one size larger than itself. It also no longer has a throat, instead leading directly into the stomach allowing one to walk in or out as long as it is open. Another mouth may be added to it to allow a bite attack, or a Membranous Construction may be used to mimic the appearance of a door or similar. This augment can be added to the same stomach multiple times. The effects don't stack, each time it creates a different gateway.

Still Stomach: Additional cost 3
    Required Level 16: Flight, both magical and mundane, does not work within the stomach.

Slick Stomach: Additional cost 4
    Required Level 16: The inside of the stomach is covered with a slick coating. Treat all surfaces of this stomach as if under the effects of the grease spell with a DC of 10 + ½ your class level + your charisma to avoid falling. The DC to climb out of your throat increases by 10. This augment can be added to the same stomach multiple times. Each time after the first the DC's increase by 2. You may not have both this augment and the Sticky Stomach augment applied to the same stomach.

Sticky Stomach: Additional cost 4
    Required Level 16: Creatures that come into contact with the stomach's wall, floor, or ceiling must succeed on a Strength check (DC 10 + ½ your class level + your charisma modifier) or be entangled for 1 round per Sticky Stomach augment applied to the same stomach. The DC to climb out of a throat connected to a stomach with this augment decreases by 4. Climbing creatures take a -3 penalty to Strength checks to avoid becoming entangled, and must make the check every 5 feet moved.
    This augment can be added to the same stomach multiple times. Each time after the first, the DCs for the strength check increases by 2, the penalty climbers take to avoid being entangled increases by -1, and the DC to climb checks decreases by 1.
    Special: You may not apply both this stomach and the Slick stomach augment to the same stomach.

Digesting Liquid: Additional cost 3
    Required Level 18: All creatures and objects inside your stomach take 5 points of either acid, cold, fire, or electricity damage – chosen when you add this augment. A creature may make a reflex save against a DC of 10 + ½ your class level + your charisma modifier to take half damage. You may suppress or resume this affect as a free action. You may apply this augment to the same stomach multiple times, each creature only makes one saving throw per energy type (for example, if you applied this augment twice to deal 10 fire damage each creature would only make one saving throw in an attempt to take 5 damage instead).

Inner Universe: Additional cost 10
    Required Level 19: You may apply any one elemental or Magic planar trait to the stomach except for the enhanced magic trait. This trait does not effect you, but it does effect any other creatures in your stomach. It costs an additional 10 form points (on top of the normal 10 meaning 20 total for this augment) to apply the major positive, major negative, limited magic, or dead magic planar traits. You may apply this augment to the same stomach multiple times, but only once for each kind of trait (Elemental and Magical).

Monster Within: Additional cost 10
    Required Level 20: The walls of your stomach function as though they were a mirror of opposition. You may choose to suppress or resume this ability as a free action, although you have no control over any created duplicates. You may also limit the portions of the walls that trigger this affect within the stomach. The duplicate ceases to exist if either they or the original leave the stomach, unless entering another stomach that also has this augment. This augment functions any number of times per day, but only one duplicate can be in existence at a time for any given opponent (including those made by other stomachs you possess).

Lure Trap: Cost - special see below
    Appearance: Normally hidden, when exposed it causes the puppet to become a monstrous mockery of what it previously looked like.
    Required Level: 15
    Calculating cost: After calculating the cost of the puppet it will go on, choose up to 3 other features to add onto it. Calculate their combine cost and divide by 3 (rounded up). These features are normally hidden and do not affect the puppets appearance while hidden.
    Benefits: The puppet has hidden features prepared to attack, startling creatures unprepared that had been lulled by the puppets normal appearance. You may set up a trigger for the lure trap to go off, or may set it off at any time as a standard action. Attempting to change the trigger is a full round action. When a lure trap goes off it makes a full attack on whatever set off using the lure trap features. The trigger (or is targeted if it is manually set off) provided it is in range. If it is not in range it targets whatever is closest. Triggering a lure trap is a free action that automatically occurs if the conditions are met. When the lure trap goes off, the it uses the creatures flat-footed AC unless the creature succeeds on a reflex save (DC 10 + class level + Charisma modifier). If a creature has already seen the puppet use a lure trap, it gains a +2 bonus on the reflex save. If it has seen the puppet use the specific lure trap activating it gains a +5 bonus instead. In addition any creature that sees a lure trap go off must make a will save (DC 15 + 1/2 class level + charisma modifier) or become shaken for 1d4 rounds. The lure trap features use your strength, dexterity, and constitution scores rather than the puppets. After going off, the puppet may make use of the lure trap features normally. Once a lure trap has gone off, the puppet loses its bonus to disguise checks until it is reset. Resetting the lure trap requires a full round action.
    Special: Lure traps may only be added to puppets. A puppet may have more than 1 lure trap on it at a time. If a spawn feature is part of the lure trap, when the trap is triggered the spawn must separate from the puppet, and the trap cannot be reset until the spawn is no longer separated.
    Augments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Complex Trap Additional cost X
    Add an additional feature to the lure trap on top of the normal 3. X is half the normal cost of the feature (rounded up). This augment may be added multiple times to the same lure trap. The effects stack.

Disturbing Release Additional cost 2
    Increases the DC of the will save to resist being shaken when the lure trap goes off by 2. This augment may be added multiple times to the same lure trap. The effects stack.

Lunging Trigger Additional cost 2
    When the lure trap goes off the puppet may move up to 5' in a straight line (this movement does not provoke an attack of opportunity). This increases the attack range of the lure trap. It may not go beyond its normal distance from you as a puppet. This augment may be added multiple times to the same lure trap. Each time the maximum movement distance is increased by 5'.

Rapid Release Additional cost 2
    Increase the Reflex save by 1. This augment may be added multiple times to the same lure trap. The effects stack.

Gasping Trap Additional cost 4
    Requires having Limbs and or Tentacles on the lure trap. The lure trap makes a grapple attempt rather than a full attack upon triggering. If the creature fails the reflex save the grapple is automatically successful.

Maw Trap Additional cost 4
    Requires Gasping Trap augment and a mouth in the lure trap. Upon a successful grapple, the lure trap may immediately attempt to swallow whole or devour the target (decided upon grappling the target).

Disturbing Form Additional cost 5
    Any creature looking at the puppet after the lure trap has gone off must make the will save to resist being shaken for 1d4 rounds at 1/2 the DC that it is when first triggered. Creatures that succeed the save are immune for the rest of the day. They must still make the save any time the lure trap goes off.

Spawn: Cost - 2
    Appearance: Spawn are of varying shape and form depending on the features given.
    Required Level: 18
    Benefits: Spawn are pieces the ozodrin is capable of separating from itself and having move around on their own. Much like puppets, a spawn is able to be given other features, however unlike puppets they don't look like normal creatures. When making a spawn, it is able to have a number of features added for which the total number of form points does not exceed twice the ozodrin's charisma modifier or 8 (whichever is higher). These features cost is added onto that of the spawn. Features may not be more than 2 size categories larger than the spawn. Normally these features added are treated as normal features on the ozodrin. However, as a standard action, the ozodrin is capable of segmenting off one or more spawn. This deals damage to the ozodrin equal to the total cost of the spawn, and reduces the ozodrin's maximum hp by 1 for every 10 form points the spawn costs (this counts as part of the normal damage being dealt). The spawn is placed in a square adjacent the location of the feature. When separated, a spawn may only make 1 standard action per round. Without any features or augments, a spawn is blind, deaf, small, and only able to move 5 feet per move action. It possess an amount of hp equal to 5 times the amount lost when spawning it. If given two limb features it gains a move speed of 15 feet, which increases by 5 for each additional limb, though if a limb is used to move, it can't be used to perform other actions that round. Each spawn feature may only produce one spawn at a time. If a spawn is killed, the ozodrin is able to regrow a new one as a standard action. This removes the reduction to max hp, but does not heal the ozodrin, nor separate the newly grown spawn. A separated spawn may reattach to the ozodrin as a standard action (on the spawns part) if in an adjacent square. This removes the penalty to max hp caused by that spawn and heals the ozodrin an amount of hp equal to 1/5th the amount the spawn had remaining (rounded down minimum 1).
    Special: Puppets, Lure Traps features may not be added onto a spawn. Likewise flesh with the Pretending Flesh augment may not be added. If not given any form of sight, a spawn treats any targets you can see as having partial concealment, and any you can't as normal for something blind. Spawn cannot use strange movement. A spawn's attacks do not count toward your total number of attacks for the round.
    Augments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Small Spawn: Additional cost -3
    Decrease the size of the spawn by 1 size category. This augment may be added multiple times to the same spawn to a minimum of tiny. The effects stack. This may not reduce the cost of the spawn below 1.

Varied Spawn: Additional cost 2
    The number of form points able to be spent on features for the spawn is increased by your charisma modifier. This augment may be added multiple times to the same spawn. The effects stack.

Robust Spawn: Additional cost 2
    Increases the max hp of the spawn by 20 (results in 30 additional hp compared to having not taken the augment). This augment may be added multiple times to the same spawn. The effects stack.

Spawn Swarm: Additional cost 2
    You may create an additional spawn from the same spawn feature which has all the same features and augments. However, each one is weaker. They each cost 5 hp less to create, but have a -1 penalty to attack, damage, and AC. Furthermore, they have -5 less max hp (results in 20 less hp than if this augment was not taken). This augment may be added multiple times to the same spawn. The effects stack.

Large Spawn: Additional cost 3
    Increase the size of the spawn by 1 size category. This augment may be added multiple times to the same spawn to a maximum of huge. The effects stack.

Unbalanced Spawn: Additional cost 1
    Required Level 19: The spawn may have one feature one size category larger than would normally be allowed for its size. You may add this augment multiple times to the same spawn. Each time you do you may either have an additional augment larger than the spawn would normally allow, or have one you are already using unbalanced spawn with be an additional one size larger than the normal maximum.

Rapid Spawn: Additional cost 4
    Required Level 19: The spawn may make an additional move action each round.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destrude View Post
    Hey, I've been playing an Ozodrin from level 4 thru 13 so far, and I'm loving it. Plenty of interesting things to do, and pretty much always a way to contribute to whatever the party is doing.

I have found one sticking point, however. Most of the magic items I would usually buy, I can duplicate with features. Aside from the obvious (cloak of Cha, Ammy of Mighty Fists, ect), I'm not sure what to spend my precious GP on.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas, sourcebooks to check, or custom item ideas that would be fun/flavorful? The party is pretty solidly Tier 3, so I'm looking more for "neat" than "powerful" per se.

Other than that, great class so far! I'm busy using my Charming Eye powers to start a religion dedicated to my tentacled patron of unknowable horror, much to my DM's chagrin.
    We'll need a little more info to know what items would be good for you. Are you going a full attacker route, growing generous amounts of natural attacks and smacking opponents to death?Are you going with "one big blow" where your just pumping all of your form points into one feature and using it? Are you boosting your grapple check so that you can devour everything that has a con score? Are you swallowing your enemies whole, and dealing with them at your own pace? Are you growing large amounts of arms and wielding a lot of weapons?

22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Well, when I played a totemist I kept running into similar situations. What I found was useful were things that did the unexpected. Meteoric Knives and blast orbs are useful for surprise explosions, Healing Belt for when you're separated from the group. Any of the tools in Magic Item Compendium can be very useful in my experience, especially the ones that look random. Occasionally, weapons aside from your natural ones are useful too-sometimes, you get stuck in such a way that you can't bring your greatest strengths to bear, and you end up needing a way to defend yourself. Alternately, shields could be of extensive use to you-you can have enough limbs that you can spare one for a heavy shield. Magic item sets could be useful to you, too-I know there's a pair of bracers in there that gives you lightning damage to natural attacks.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    We'll need a little more info to know what items would be good for you. Are you going a full attacker route, growing generous amounts of natural attacks and smacking opponents to death?Are you going with "one big blow" where your just pumping all of your form points into one feature and using it? Are you boosting your grapple check so that you can devour everything that has a con score? Are you swallowing your enemies whole, and dealing with them at your own pace? Are you growing large amounts of arms and wielding a lot of weapons?
    Mostly either lots of of attacks, super grappling, or weird things like long range blasting eyes or covering myself in spikes and throwing myself down the monster's throat. I tend to swallow mooks and casters for the healing and to stop them casting.

Half the time I'm charming NPCs, acting as air support for another player's goblin army, and scouting for our airship. (We are air pirates on a slowly crumbling material plane.)

I'm also working on spreading my religion (looking to summon the local equivalent of Hastur), and taming Deathworms (from PFRPG Beastiary 2).

Not really sure what I'm looking to get out of magic items exactly, which I'm sure is half the problem. But when I can fly, dig, see magic, charm people, and make minions on my own, what else should I be looking for?

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Again, I would say healing, bracers of lightning for electrified natural weapons, a shield since you have so many limbs, and random items from the Magic Item Compendium that you could think of a use for. More specifically, I heartily recommend blast orbs, rod of viscid globs, and meteoric knives. Alternately, blast disks, because you can toss those onto enemy defensive siege weapons that airships may have.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2011-10-17 at 12:54 AM.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Bugbear in the Playground

You sure have a big list of abilities witch is good and all, but I think it would be cool if you made special rules regarding sanity points from UA (pg. 205ish). Now wouldn't it make sense for an Ozodrin to damage the sanity of any that look at there true form. Perhaps it could replace or be an additional effect to the fear effect of manifest form ability, just in campaigns that use sanity of course.

I also am quite a power-gamer and would like to suggest that things should cost more at low levels or you should have more things to spend points on at lower levels. My 1st level ozodrin is able to have up to 22 form points depending on how I make him, and I could probably get more if I put more time to it. I find that only having a some extra eyes with a few special abilities makes me defensive but lacking in offence. The only form of offence I have are my tentacles from the deepspawn feat and I have chosen to do without manufactured weapons for role-playing reasons. I recognize this is a sticky situation. How do you get to 2nd level when you have such a hard time killing things at 1st, and 2nd level your offense increases because you gain a bite attack so any long term power increase will make the ozodrin to powerful at later levels.

Apart from that I like this class allot.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2011-10-19 at 11:12 AM. Reason: thought of something to add
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Orpheus View Post
    You sure have a big list of abilities witch is good and all, but I think it would be cool if you made special rules regarding sanity points from UA (pg. 205ish). Now wouldn't it make sense for an Ozodrin to damage the sanity of any that look at there true form. Perhaps it could replace or be an additional effect to the fear effect of manifest form ability, just in campaigns that use sanity of course.

I also am quite a power-gamer and would like to suggest that things should cost more at low levels or you should have more things to spend points on at lower levels. My 1st level ozodrin is able to have up to 22 form points depending on how I make him, and I could probably get more if I put more time to it. I find that only having a some extra eyes with a few special abilities makes me defensive but lacking in offence. The only form of offence I have are my tentacles from the deepspawn feat and I have chosen to do without manufactured weapons for role-playing reasons. I recognize this is a sticky situation. How do you get to 2nd level when you have such a hard time killing things at 1st, and 2nd level your offense increases because you gain a bite attack so any long term power increase will make the ozodrin to powerful at later levels.

I would do the same thing as any non-martial proficient class. A spear, a sling, and a pile of Alchemist Fire. Level 1 is, in my experience, pretty samey for most classes. Then again, I'm not much of a power gamer, and my DM isn't super hardcore in our encounters.

If you're not using manufactured weapons, maybe some combat maneuvers are another option? Disarming/grappling could help you contribute at those low levels.

On a related note, I'd like to see Spike features available at low levels. Not all the augments, but the basic Spike, size changers, and MultiSpike ones would be cool. Flavorful and flexible melee and ranged attacks, in one neat package. Maybe limit the max size augment at low levels though.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Orpheus View Post

How did you manage 22 form points?
    My Extended Homebrewer's Signature

Gunslinger avatar and banner by Flumphy.

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Auron avatar by C-Lam

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

Lots of Aberrant feats, and high charisma.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Lots of Aberrant feats, and high charisma.
    Assuming human, you start out with 3 aberrant feats at best, one of which is semi-pre selected (aberration blood). Assuming the other two are Farspawn, You end up with 3(3xclass levels)+3 (3 aberrant feats)+ 2 (each bonus from Farspawn is one, you took it twice)= 8 form points. To get to 22, you would need a CHA mod of +14 (a score of 38). If you put the max into charisma of 18, you get a mod of +4, so your still short 10 form points (and 1st level wealth by level is too little to afford a +2 cloak of charisma).

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground

You're forgetting Deepspawn, which can grant you 6 form points. Also, if you allow for flaws, going by the normal ruling of 2 max, you can have 5 aberrant feats at level 1. This would mean 3 from class level, 5 from aberrant feats, 4 from charisma (assuming 18 charisma), giving 12 so far. Then for feats, use deepspawn for 6 more, and darkspawn, for 2 (at as it can be traded for 1 fp + 1 per 3 aberrant feats you have), then a single farspawn would grant 4, while two would grant 6. This would place maximum form points for level 1 around 26, with the feats aberrant blood, farspawn (3 fp), deepspawn (6 fp), darkspawn (2 fp), farspawn (3 fp). That said, I may be forgetting something that could add more. If one really wanted to get a number of formpoints, for their next two feats one could choose decentralized body, followed by concervative form, allowing 5 more form points (6 if they chose the tail version of aberrant blood), on top of the form points from farspawn , darkspawn, and the class for having more aberrant feats.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew