New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Tooth and Tentacle [3.5 base class PEACH]

I've got a few new feats based around the aberrant ancestor. I'd love feedback on these.

True Scion of the Monster [Aberrant, Monstrous]
    You've embraced your ancestor's power to the point you can almost pass for true kin.
    Prerequisites:
    Type: Aberration
    Feats: Aberrant Blood, Aberrant Monstrosity, Warped Mind and one other aberrant feat.
    Benefit: Choose a species of aberration. You count as a member of that species for all effects, feats and prestige classes. Feats that require that species count as [Aberrant].
    Special: If you choose illithid, illithid heritage and feats that require it count as [Aberrant].
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why so many prerequisites?
    Some of the feats and prestige classes are pretty overpowered in comparison to normal fare, so the higher feat tax is a good stop gap. A human ozodrin can qualify at level 6, but he's wasted a feat on Aberrant Monstrosity (Aberration). A non-ozodrin human or a non-human ozodrin qualify at level 9 and have still spent a feat on Aberrant Monstrosity (Aberration). A non-human non-ozodrin qualifies at level 12. Since most of the overpowered stuff requires at least one more feat, that gets us in to the overpowered stuff at level ten at best. Where as polymorph cheese and assume supernatural ability can at best qualify at level 6 for some of this.

Casting off the Shackles of Mortality [Aberrant, Monstrous]
    So close in mind and action to your true kin are you that you can sometimes cast off the taint of your mortal kin and reveal your true self.
    Prerequisites: True Scion of the Monster
    Benefit: You gain the ability to assume an Alternate form 1/day per 3 aberrant feats you posses for up to 1 round per aberrant feat. You may only take the form of the species chosen for True Scion of the Monster, and unlike normal you do not retain spell-like abilities and supernatural attacks from your old race (you do retain those from class features) and you do gain spell-like abilities and supernatural attacks of the new form.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    On another note, I've been given possible approval to be (as far as I can tell) the villain of a PbP campaign. This is pending approval of the Ozodrin class. Can someone other than myself (in other words, an objective outsider) write up a summary and tier-rating of the class for me to quote and PM to the DM of that campaign, to speed approval?
    Anything on this? Please? I reeeeeallly want to be the villain and stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Orpheus View Post
    Just had an idea, how does this feat look it uses the book Ghostwalk.
    Aberrant Afterlife [Ghost, Aberrant]
    Dying after being tortured to the point of insanity a ghost may find the only thing that makes sense in death are the things that never made sense before. The once living being now finds comfort in the far realms.
    Prerequisite: Any 1 ghost feat, any 1 aberrant feat, your ghostly appearance must be repulsive or gruesome.
    Benefit: All Ghost feats that you possess count as aberrant feats for all purposes. You may select a Ghost feat whenever you would normally be able to select a bonus aberrant feat and visa versa.
    This feat seems fine, though it could drop the gruesome appearance part.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRaven View Post
    I've got a few new feats based around the aberrant ancestor. I'd love feedback on these.

True Scion of the Monster [Aberrant, Monstrous]
    You've embraced your ancestor's power to the point you can almost pass for true kin.
    Prerequisites:
    Type: Aberration
    Feats: Aberrant Blood, Aberrant Monstrosity, Warped Mind and one other aberrant feat.
    Benefit: Choose a species of aberration. You count as a member of that species for all effects, feats and prestige classes. Feats that require that species count as [Aberrant].
    Special: If you choose illithid, illithid heritage and feats that require it count as [Aberrant].
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why so many prerequisites?
    Some of the feats and prestige classes are pretty overpowered in comparison to normal fare, so the higher feat tax is a good stop gap. A human ozodrin can qualify at level 6, but he's wasted a feat on Aberrant Monstrosity (Aberration). A non-ozodrin human or a non-human ozodrin qualify at level 9 and have still spent a feat on Aberrant Monstrosity (Aberration). A non-human non-ozodrin qualifies at level 12. Since most of the overpowered stuff requires at least one more feat, that gets us in to the overpowered stuff at level ten at best. Where as polymorph cheese and assume supernatural ability can at best qualify at level 6 for some of this.

Casting off the Shackles of Mortality [Aberrant, Monstrous]
    So close in mind and action to your true kin are you that you can sometimes cast off the taint of your mortal kin and reveal your true self.
    Prerequisites: True Scion of the Monster
    Benefit: You gain the ability to assume an Alternate form 1/day per 3 aberrant feats you posses for up to 1 round per aberrant feat. You may only take the form of the species chosen for True Scion of the Monster, and unlike normal you do not retain spell-like abilities and supernatural attacks from your old race (you do retain those from class features) and you do gain spell-like abilities and supernatural attacks of the new form.
    In the case of the first, it might fit to change warped mind to just being another aberrant feat of ones choice. Also worth noting is that an ozodrin or an aberration could qualify without wasting Aberrant Monstrosity on counting as an aberration, given that the requirement is just having that type, not having it from Aberrant Monstrosity.

Not sure about how powerful the second feat is.

As for Qwertystop's question, there was a summary of how the ozodrin looked on the tier rating at some earlier point in the thread if memory serves.

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

4. - Top - End - #934
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Owrtho View Post
    As for Qwertystop's question, there was a summary of how the ozodrin looked on the tier rating at some earlier point in the thread if memory serves.
    There was? How relevant was it to the current version? Around where in the thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

Search the thread for the word "Tier" and it turns up 22 posts.

I'm of the opinion that the ozodrin is a High tier 3, or possibly a Tier 2. The closest comparison point for it is the Totemist, as they're both Melees That Can Adventure With Tier 1s. Ozodrin can grapple like a mad man, and its grappling is really really strong. I've not really been paying more than cursory attention to the Ozodrin lately, largely because the material for it is very scattered on the front page.

There are some critical flaws with it, as I recall, because you can get stupidly high numbers of attacks or really good AC.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

You are correct about flesh calls to flesh being rather lackluster in general. That said, the reason is due more to it not being intended for the average ozodrin than poor design (though there may well be some of that too). Flesh calls to flesh is designed for use by ozodrin who are prone to have limbs and features cut off, resulting in them needing to retrieve them. In most games this only really is encountered with vorpal weapons, and then it usually is fatal (unless the ozodrin has decentralized body), but even so it is a fairly uncommon scenario. When dealing with an ozodrin having its limbs sundered somewhat frequently, and needing to re-consume them before they die to regain form points put into them without waiting to be fully healed, the feat is much more useful. Speaking of which, I should make another optional ability that lets the ozodrin get somewhat more features in exchange for them being easily sundered, thus providing simpler rules for people who want to play that way.

As for your coat of flesh idea, while it is interesting and may be worth making its own feat or ability, it doesn't fit in with what flesh calls to flesh is intended to do.
    Perhaps Flesh Calls to Flesh should add DR/- equal to Con Bonus, as a result of one's flesh attempting to self-adhere and re-congeal back together as it is attacked.

Coat of Flesh pre-rough draft brainstorming:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites: Aberration Blood, Flesh Calls to Flesh, Constitution 15. A CoF can have Form Points up to twice the creator's levels in classes which grant or advance Manifest Form, or thrice the creator's levels if they have Horror. The creator may create a CoF and/or add Form Points by taking 5 damage +/- 1 per size category above/below medium, temporarily losing 3 Form Points +/- 1 per size category above/below medium for 24 hours, and spending 25 XP +/- 5 per size category above/below medium, per Form Point added. Base stats are as a Chain Shirt, +4 AC, +4 Max Dex Bonus to AC, -2 Armor Check Penalty, 20% Arcane Spell Failure Chance, no movement penalty.

1 FP may be invested to treat it as unarmored clothing with no base effect on stats.

2 FP may be invested to treat it as Medium Armor, with base stats as a Breastplate, +5 AC, +3 Max Dex Bonus to AC, -4 Armor Check Penalty, 25% Arcane Spell Failure Chance, 10ft/5ft movement penalty for medium/small creatures.

4 FP may be invested to treat it as Heavy Armor with base stats as Fullplate, +8 AC, +1 Max Dex Bonus to AC, -6 Armor Check Penalty, 35% Arcane Spell Failure Chance, 10ft/5ft movement penalty for medium/small creatures.

1 FP to increase Max Dex Bonus to AC by 2.
    1 FP to reduce Armor Check Penalty by 2.
    1 FP to reduce Arcane Spell Failure Chance by 5%.
    4 FP to negate movement penalty.
    1 FP for 5% Fortification.
    Otherworldly Power applies when the Ozodrin gets it.
    4 FP for Enchanted Coat.
    2 FP for benefits of additional Flesh Features.
    Can form the Luminous Flesh, Filtering Flesh, Fragrant Flesh, Iron Flesh, Energy Consuming Flesh, Magic Eating Flesh, Pretending Flesh (cannot fake a body type other than your own), Supernatural Consuming Flesh, Force Consuming Flesh and Reality Warping Flesh Augments.
    10 FP to receive Shifting Features from the creator, unless the creator has One's Form in Miniature.
    Can form Basic Eyes, Mouths, Tentacles, Limbs, Spikes, Fins and Special Eyes Features and Augments, at double the normal FP cost.

Sinister Image causes the wearer and creator to be aware of watching/scrying. FP can be redistributed by the wearer or the creator. The creator has special awareness of the wearer, as if they were under the effects of a Status spell. The creator may control the CoF's features if they wish. This is a purely mental action and may be performed by a Schism. The CoF and wearer may be moved by the Flesh Calls to Flesh or One's Form in Miniature Feats. 50ft of Strange Movement may be expended to teleport the CoF and wearer into one of the creator's stomachs.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Pixie in the Playground

In the case of the first, it might fit to change warped mind to just being another aberrant feat of ones choice. Also worth noting is that an ozodrin or an aberration could qualify without wasting Aberrant Monstrosity on counting as an aberration, given that the requirement is just having that type, not having it from Aberrant Monstrosity.

Not sure about how powerful the second feat is.
    Owrtho
    Warped mind was originally a random aberrant feat, but my playtest builds with the two free aberrant feats ended up a little too good. I wanted a semi-marginal feat as a feat tax and warped mind fit the flavor well. As far as ozodrin and aberration qualification without Aberrant Monstrosity that was intended. At its worst, the second feat is pretty balanced if you can't get it before 9th.

As far as power on the second feat goes, it's pretty dependent on what you choose for the first feat. If you choose something like Choker or Otyugh it's pretty weak, if you choose something like Beholder or Spirit Naga it's a pretty high powered feat but balanced at around level 9 and the massive feat tax. If you choose something like Yun-ti Anathema or Black Ethergaunt, the feat is very overpowered and you have a very nice DM. Most of the aberrations are pretty balanced, and a sane DM should be quite able to quickly notice the broken ones.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
    Perhaps Flesh Calls to Flesh should add DR/- equal to Con Bonus, as a result of one's flesh attempting to self-adhere and re-congeal back together as it is attacked.
    Fast healing would fit that fluff better...
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Fast healing would fit that fluff better...
    Well, you're still losing some tissue with each hit. You're just holding together what's already there a little better. Fast healing would be giving you something for nothing. Regenerative Flesh has already set a precedent for Ozodrin not having Fast Healing without eating to replace what was lost.

Edit: Additionally, some monsters do have healing as part of the fluff for their DR.

2nd Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    There are some critical flaws with it, as I recall, because you can get stupidly high numbers of attacks or really good AC.
    I believe the main problem with the Ozodrin has always been ridiculous stacking of the same feature. Perhaps there should be a limit to how many copies of a given Feature you can have. For example, Basic Eyes would be 5 X Cha Bonus, Mouths 3 X Cha Bonus, Tentacles 1 X Cha Bonus, Limbs 2 X cha Bonus, Flesh 1/2 X Cha Bonus, etc. My only regret for suggesting this is that I'll never be able to look like Carl.
    Last edited by General Patton; 2012-06-22 at 01:57 PM.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    There is a hard limit on the number of attacks you can get built into the class.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alright, the new feature is called Organ, this will fill a variety of misc. roles not currently filled by other features without forming too much utility or amplification.

I'm now using the ozodrin to further motivate my schoolwork (i'm an anatomy/physiology student) and it should fusion nicely.

Some new things I'm scribbling down, the exact numbers for all these are still up in the air, nowhere near polished:

Additional Feature Rules:
    If you "Burst" a feature you immediately lose the ability to use it, if you burst an augment you lose it's effects at the end of your turn.

Feature:

Organs: Cost - 2
    Appearance: Organs can have any shape or texture, they can appear anywhere on or in the ozodrin's body, for every organ an ozodrin possesses she takes -1 to disguise checks to look mundane.
    Required Level: 5
    Benefits: Organs are the most versatile feature for the ozodrin, because of their inherently horrific nature the ozodrin gains bonuses depending on how many organs she has. Having organs grant the ozodrin the ability to use the Autohypnosis skill as if it were a class skill (apart from memorize), with a +1 to the check for each organ she possess. For every two visible organs the ozodrin has she gains a +1 to her Manifest Form fear DC.

Augments:

Bile: Cost - 3
    Your organ now contains digestive bile.
    Passive: Creatures that enter the ozodrin's stomach are marked with Bile every round and for 1d4 rounds after they leave the stomach, this ability can be suppressed as a free action.
    Active: By spending a standard action you turn this augment's cost into a bile discharge, bursting the augment. Any creature within a 10' cone must succeed a DC 10 + ½ class level + Cha Mod or take 2d6 acid damage and be marked with Bile for 3d4 turns, lowering their acid resistance by 1, causing them to be dazzled and causing them to emit a stench. An ozodrin must rest peacefully for 8 hours to regain her full FP.

Sickening Bile: Cost - 3
    Any creature marked with your bile must now make a DC 10 + ½ class level + Cha Mod Fort save or be sickened for rounds equal to your ozodrin level.

Afflicting Bile: Cost - 3
    Your bile takes on the properties of all diseases, poisons, ravanges or drugs that you are effected by when marking a creature but decreases their save DCs by 4, you may also spend usable doses stored in other features for the purposes of effecting your bile.

Caustic Bile: Cost - 5
    Your bile loses it's stench and dazzling effects and during a burst deals an additional 1d6 acid damage, this augment also improves all acid damage dealt by features or augments by 1 to creatures and magical objects or by 1d6 to nonmagical objects. This augment can be taken multiple times.

Membrane: Cost - 1
    Your organ now has a membrane, granting you +5% chance to negate a sneak attack or critical hit.

Bursting Membrane: Cost - 1 Requires: Membrane
    Whenever you take piercing or slashing damage you can choose to activate one organ effect that takes up to a standard action as an immediate action instead.

Thicken Membrane: Cost - 4 Requires: Membrane
    Your organ now grants you a +1 shield bonus, this augment can be taken multiple times. This AC always defends against confirming critical hits, even if your shield AC would normally not be able to.

Cocoon: Cost - 1 Requires: Membrane
    Your membrane now also functions as a cocoon.
    Active: As a standard action you may burst this augment to use any unspent FP on one new feature and augments for it.

Spawning Cocoon: Cost - 1 Requires: Membrane, Cocoon
    Passive: Your organ grants you the ability to control your Ozoform's actions, you may gain up to three tricks to command them with per organ you have: (Attack+Grapple+Eat, Come, Defend, Down, Fetch, Guard, Heel, Perform, Seek, Stay, Track and Work). This passive retains it's ability even after the augment bursts and functions up to a mile away. You may not command more ozoform HD than your own.
    Active: As a standard action you may burst your cocoon to spawn ozoform creatures in place of a feature, to a maximum size of one creature or swarm two categories smaller than you or two creatures or swarms three categories smaller than you or four creatures or swarms four size categories smaller than you, ans so on. The price for summoning an ozoform creature is 1HD for every 3FP, these FP are recovered after 8 hours of peaceful rest.

Silk Gland: Cost - 4
    Passive: Your organ gains an external spinerette which produces up to 100' of silk rope every 4 hours, every hour after this rope is created it loses 25% of it's HP and it's burst strength DC decreases by 5.
    Active: As a standard action you may burst this augment and turn this augment's cost into a web discharge, casting Web as if it were a spell-like effect. You must have 8 hours of peaceful rest to recover this FP.

Repairing Gland: Cost - 4
    Passive: Your organ accelerates your natural healing ability, doubling your health gain of resting for 8 hours.
    Active: As a standard action you may spend this augment's cost to burst it (these FP are recovered after 8 hours rest), creating a surge of recovery and healing 1d12 damage and additionally an equal amount of nonlethal damage.

Cortical Nerve Relay: Cost - 2 Requires: Hollow Spike
    A cortical nerve relay (for lack of better name) grows within an organ and travels into a hollow spike.
    Passive: When you hit in melee with a hollow spike that lacks a dose you may fill it with an anesthetic as a free action and use it immediately on the target, changing the damage from lethal to nonlethal, targets immune to poisons or lacking a constitution score cannot be effected in this way.
    Active: On a successful application of anesthetic, as a standard action the target must succeed a DC 8 + ½ class level + Cha Mod Reflex save or burst your spike feature and hollow spike augment (recovering the cost of these burst organs after 8 hours of sleep) and cause Nervous System Control (Su) on the creature.
    Additionally, the creature effected is tethered to the original point of the spike, essentially replacing the spike. If the link is severed physically AKA the tether is broken the effect ends immediately, if the effect ends without the tether being broken the creature must make an opposed grapple check or escape artist check to break free of the tether as if they were grappling.
    If a creature's tether cannot allow them to leave your square they are counted either as being lifted by you or being dragged by you.
    While controlled, a creature equal or less than your HD than you have may act as a Lure for purposes of utilizing augments.
    Nervous System Control (Su):
    This effect works similar to Psionic Dominate, with the following exceptions:
    -This ability can effect any creature with a central nervous system.
    -Maintaining concentration is always a swift action.
    -Failing to maintain concentration allows the creature to resist control once each round, instead of ending the effect.
    -Resisting control is a Will save with a +2 modifier, not a Reflex save.
    -The creature has the same aversions to self-destructive acts and resisting control as a dominated creature does.
    -The controlled creature can be permitted or not permitted to speak as a free action, but this domination only controls the creatures body and not their mind, as such you may not cast spells or use anything that requires the unique intelligence or memories of the creature.

New Creature:

Ozoform

"Ozoform" is a template that can be added to any Abberation, Animal, Fey, Giant, Humanoid, Magical Beast, Monstrous Humanoid, Ooze, Plant, Undead or Vermin creatures.

An ozoform creature uses all the base creature’s statistics and abilities except as noted here. Do not recalculate the creature’s Hit Dice, base attack bonus, saves, or skill points if its type changes.

Creatures with this template are abberations.

Abilities-
    Unsettling Appearance (Ex):
    When a creature first views an ozoform they must make a DC16 Will save or be shaken.

Scent (Ex)

Traits-
    Mindless: No Intelligence score, and immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    Proficient with their natural weapons only.
    Proficient with no armor.
    Ozoforms breathe, eat, but do not sleep.

An ozoforms only natural action is to eat, otherwise they need to be chemically commanded by an ozodrin. If that ozodrin dies they default to their natural state.

An ozoform creature's lifespan is one hour, they can in no way exist out of that time frame as a creature. Ozoform do not have souls.

Upon creating an ozoform creature the creator may opt to remove eyes, mouths, fins, tentacles, limbs, or any other feature from the creature.

New Feats:

Strange Physiology [Abberant]
    Prerequisites: Strange Anatomy
    You gain the augment Bursting Membrane and 1/day you can recover up to 3FP spent on burst organs or augments.

Blood Calls to Blood [Abberant]
    Whenever you suffer piercing, slashing or bleeding damage you may spend a standard action on your next turn to convert all piercing, slashing and bleeding damage suffered last round into nonlethal damage instead.
    Additionally, whenever your separated blood takes fire, cold, lightning or sonic damage (choose one upon taking the feat) it activates this feat as an immediate action instead, by default your blood exists on you, or in any square you were in between the time you took the damage and the usage of this ability.

----------

That's it for now, please brutally critique!

Edit- Tips, tricks and rationale:

Caustic Bile is the perfect way to destroy nonmagical objects, for each 5FP you gain 1d6 damage on basic acid attacks or 2d6 on a bile burst. A level 16 ozodrin should be able to produce a 10' cone of highly caustic bile dealing 70-100 damage to objects at the cost of 3FP/cone, this can further be produced as an immediate action with Bursting Membrane, allowing you to instantly disarm and unarmor foes who attack you. -Inspiration: Alien (1979)

Blood Calls to Blood allows you to have more sustainability during tough fights and has a great synergy with repairing glands. This feat is meant to provide monstrous flavor to the ozodrin and to be a pre-requisite for blood-control or blood-link feats. -Inspiration: The Thing (1982)

Cortical Nerve Relay allows you to dominate a creature as if they were a puppet for 6FP (spent after success), to make this effect more potent position your spike on the end of a tentacle or limb. Controlling a bigger creature allows you to utilize them to hide or control the battlefield. Outside of combat this ability allows effects like transforming creatures into mounts.
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2012-06-30 at 06:47 AM.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Troll in the Playground

The Ozoform creature, enemy to Japanese schoolgirls everywhere!
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

13. - Top - End - #943

A swarm of aberrant piranha, just what the aquatic ozodrin needs ;]
    Also, it rhymes.

New Build:

Piranha Swarm Cocoon (FP = 5 + 18/day) (Suggested Level 7+)
    Organ 2fp
    Membrane 1fp
    Cocoon 1fp
    Spawning Cocoon 1fp
    Ozoform Pirhana Swarm 18fp/day

New Creature:

Ozoform Piranha Swarm

Ozoform Piranha Swarm: CR 3; Medium aberration (swarm of Diminutive aberrations); HD 6d8+6; hp 33; Mas 12; Init +3; Spd swim 30 ft.; AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+3 Dex, +1 natural); BAB +4; Grap —; Atk swarm (2d6, swarm), Full Atk swarm (2d6, swarm); FS 5 ft. by 5 ft.; Reach 0 ft.; SQ scent, unsettling appearance, swarm, aquatic, distraction, low-light vision; AL none; SV Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +2; AP 0; Rep +0; Str 1, Dex 17, Con 12, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1.

Skills: Hide +8, Spot +5.

Aquatic: A swarm of ozoform piranha can move in water without making Swim checks and cannot drown in water.

Low-Light Vision (Ex): A swarm of ozoform piranha can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. It retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.

Mindless: No Intelligence score, and immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    Proficient with their natural weapons only.
    Proficient with no armor.
    Ozoform Piranha breathe, eat, but do not sleep.

Unsettling Appearance (Ex):
    When a creature first views an ozoform piranha swarm they must make a DC16 Will save or be shaken.

Scent (Ex)

Feats: None.

Advancement: None.

An ozoforms only natural action is to eat, otherwise they need to be chemically commanded by an ozodrin. If that ozodrin dies they default to their natural state.

An ozoform creature's lifespan is one hour, they can in no way exist out of that time frame as a creature. Ozoform do not have souls.

----------

Organs could allow you to absorb creatures and energy in different ways, converting consumed or even integrating them, imagine the horror of a consumed creature's face emerging from your body.

New Feats:

Beastly Manifestation [Aberrant]
    Requires: Manifest Form
    Immediately after using the manifest form class ability you may as an additional move action (that provokes an attack of opportunity from creatures who are not shaken) to absorb your worn clothing and magical items into your body, you cannot interact with them (except passive or will-activation), and you receive a free strength check to burst any tight binds, shackles, manacles, entanglement, or anything else that tightly constricts your movement and could normally use a strength check to overcome.
    When you assume your worldly guise again the clothing and magical items un-absorb on your body instantly as part of your swift action.

Pick My Poison [Aberrant]
    Requires: Ozodrin10
    Any drug you are addicted to acts like a partial dose stored in an organ for the purposes of using it in a hollow venom duct.

New Organ Augments:

Hollow Venom Duct: Cost - 2 Requires: Hollow Spike
    Your organ gains a venom duct that travels into a hollow spike.
    Passive: Increase the DC of a drug, poison or disease DC delivered from your hollow spike by 1.
    Whenever you load a dose into a spike, you may copy that poison, drug or disease and store one partial dose of it in this gland, which persists similarly to a dose inside a hollow spike.
    You may only have one partial dose inside one organ at a time.
    Active: As a move action and by spending 1FP for every 100g of the poison's base cost (recovered after 8 hours of sleep) you may create a single dose of nonmagical poison inside your hollow spike.

Local Hormone Gland: Cost - 1 Requires: Bursting Membrane
    Active: By spending a full round action spending 1 additional FP (recovered after 8 hours of rest) on each organ activation effects used by this augment (that take no more than one standard action to activate) you may activate them simultaneously and ignoring their original time activation.
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2012-07-01 at 12:52 PM.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

This is one amazing class.
    However, Are you going to make it into epic levels?
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #945
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    Search the thread, there is a number of Epic feats and PRC:s in here somewhere.
    Dumbledore is dead but had a horcrux so might still be alive to it being fake and him dead but not stopping her from using the having a horcrux on you letting you live from a killing curse.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Epileptic monkeys. Boxing gloves. Typewriters. That is all.

16. - Top - End - #946

Do you have a little ozodrin in you? Do you want some in you?

Alright I found it, Slaad Brooder PrC (SavgSpec. pg.86), it has a number of abilities that can be translated into organs, or if Ortho prefers, spikes.

Slaad Brooder (Minimum Level Required 7):
    Full BAB Good Fort/Will
    Implant (Ex):
    If you have the ability to implant, you can now implant with attacks from all your natural weapons.
    Save = 10 + Level + Con
    Implant effect:
    Remove disease or a successful DC20 heal check removes the pellet, heal check can try again dealing 1d4 damage to the patient on each fail.
    Gestation = 1 Week
    24 hours before birth the subject falls extremely ill (-10 to all ability scores)
    Birth kills the host, consuming the host from inside-out.

2) Imbue Pellet (Su):
    Save = 10 + Level + Con
    You may deal 1d6 extra damage (fort half) the round of implantation, if the save is failed you deal an additional 1d6 damage the round after. Choose one: fire, acid, cold and lightning damage.

3) Deep Implant (Ex):
    Improve your implants fort save DC by +2 and upgrade the heal check fail damage die from 1d4 to 1d6

4) Rapid Hatching (Ex):
    Optionally, you may change the implant gestation from 1 week to 24 hours, which changes the illness time from 24h before birth to 6h.

5) Chaos Focus (Su):
    Increase your imbue DC by +2.

6) Multiple Implant (Ex):
    You may choose to implant with every natural attack.

7) Color Choice (Ex):
    You may choose the Slaad's color when implanting.

8) Heighten Chaos (Su):
    Increase your imbue dc by +2.

9) Corporeal Instability (Su):
    After a successful implant, the host must make an additional 10 + Level + Con Fort save or become corporeally unstable.
    Corporeally Unstable:
    -Become a formless mass.
    -May not hold, use or wear any item.
    -Land speed changes to 10' or 1/4 spell, lowest.
    -Cannot use magical items nor cast spells.
    -Cannot distinguish between friend and foe.
    -Can only attack "blindly": -4BAB 50%miss.
    -Takes 1 Wis damage per turn.

Cha 15 check to revert to normal form for 1 minute, can retry each round.
    Stoneskin or Shapechange spell reverts to normal form for the spells duration.
    Corporeal Instability only removed with a restoration, greater restoration or heal spell.

9) Death Spawn (Ex):
    Egg pellets can be grown inside corpses.
    Only destroying a corpse with fire, acid or something similar to disintegrate will remove the implant from a corpse.

10) Dominate Spawn (Ex):
    If you are present at the birth of your spawn, you may create an effect on it similar to dominate monster, DC 10 + Level + Fort, this effect lasts for 1day/level

--------

New Feat:

Aberrant Carrier [Aberrant]
    Requires: Strange Physiology
    Gain +2 to saves against diseases.
    You may additionally "carry" one non-magical disease, each time you take this feat you may carry one more.
    By spending 2FP (regained when you no longer carry this disease) when you contract and save against a non-magical disease you absorb it into your blood similar to it being stored in the hollow venom gland organ augment.
    Diseases stored in this way can be cured by magic, or purged from the ozodrin by choice during 8 hours of rest.
    Each time you take this feat you increase your saves vs. diseases by 2 and can carry an additional disease.

--------

New Augment:

Organs:

Egg Sack (Cost - 2)
    Requires: Spike Feature
    Your organ now has an egg-sack which can move eggs through your body.
    As a standard action, by using 2FP (which are recovered upon 8 hours of rest) you may create and load an "egg pellet" from your egg sack into your hollow or fillable spike similar to a poison.
    Egg pellets grant an additional effect with a successful hit of their spike, the creature must make a Fort save of 10 + Cha or be "implanted", unconscious/helpless creatures do no receive a save.
    The egg acts as a disease with a 1 week gestation period, in the last 24 hours the host becomes ill (-10 to all ability scores), upon birth the egg consumes the host from inside out and becomes an ozoform template of their base creature.
    Remove disease, Restoration, Greater Restoration and Heal all purge the egg, as well as a DC25 heal check to surgically remove it dealing 1d4 damage per failed attempt, retries allowed.

Barbed Pellets (Cost - 3)
    Requires: Egg Sack, Throwing Spikes
    When you regrow a spike you may regrow it as a standard action (or a move action if quickfire spikes) and spend 2FP (which are recovered upon 8 hours of rest) to grow a spike filled with an "egg pellet" as if it were a poison dose in a hollow spike.
    (See: Egg Sack)
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2012-07-05 at 09:03 AM.

17. - Top - End - #947

Alright guys, I'm making an ozodrin BBEG for my low level party to be totally scared ****less of.

My players are currently in a plant-themed dungeon, the boss of the dungeon is a custom 12th level manifester ozodrin plant, part humanoid, part huge plant, and has a 1/week ability to cast any 2 powers on any number of creatures free as long as they make a wish within 80' of her in the same 10 round window, at the end of the 10 rounds she create the effects of both powers on the individual creatures who wished regardless of any of the requisites or limitations of the power such as "willing creatures" or "targets self" as long as one of the powers fulfills their wish in some way.

She has 12 levels in ozodrin.

Themed to a fusion of:
    Ursula http://www.gametabs.net/bastion/build-that-wall
    Bloodthorn Morgana http://i.imgur.com/112K0.jpg
    Alura Une http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Alura_Une
    and the wish granter from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

One of the main things me and my co-DM were discussing was about making her more zerg-themed, ozodrin fit perfectly.

The shoot here is trying to get our Oracle (pathfinder) to take the kerrigan path, she's KO right now, so that's not really that hard-- just give her a few ozodrin levels.

So, my fellow ozodrin thinkers, what say you about creating an ozodrin in the shape of a giant rose throne mixed with a humanoid female ontop? Any ideas?
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2012-07-05 at 10:01 AM.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    Alright guys, I'm making an ozodrin BBEG for my low level party to be totally scared ****less of.

My players are currently in a plant-themed dungeon, the boss of the dungeon is a custom 12th level manifester ozodrin plant, part humanoid, part huge plant, and has a 1/week ability to cast any 2 powers on any number of creatures free as long as they make a wish within 80' of her in the same 10 round window, at the end of the 10 rounds she create the effects of both powers on the individual creatures who wished regardless of any of the requisites or limitations of the power such as "willing creatures" or "targets self" as long as one of the powers fulfills their wish in some way.

She has 12 levels in ozodrin.

Themed to a fusion of:
    Ursula http://www.gametabs.net/bastion/build-that-wall
    Bloodthorn Morgana http://i.imgur.com/112K0.jpg
    Alura Une http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Alura_Une
    and the wish granter from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

One of the main things me and my co-DM were discussing was about making her more zerg-themed, ozodrin fit perfectly.

The shoot here is trying to get our Oracle (pathfinder) to take the kerrigan path, she's KO right now, so that's not really that hard-- just give her a few ozodrin levels.

So, my fellow ozodrin thinkers, what say you about creating an ozodrin in the shape of a giant rose throne mixed with a humanoid female ontop? Any ideas?
    If you want more zerg themed, the Malshaper PrC I made will probably be to your liking, Worldskin is effectively creep. The evolutionist side of it all can provide quite a few interesting options as well. Plus, at level 15 you get to shout "Behold my true(r) form and despair!" activating Inadequate Perfection of Form.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #949

That's a really good idea.
    The boss room is currently obscenely difficult, it's a 100' high 150' diameter dome with a crater floor, the bloodfey in the center with 40 vines that pulsate light.

The ceiling/walls are covered by 10 Dread Blossom Swarms (MM3) CR12.6 but there's nothing planned for the floor yet-- the worldskin would be perfect... 75' radius though? That's at least 1k form points right there just for plain floor. Mulligan it? =P
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2012-07-05 at 10:41 AM.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ettin in the Playground

That's a really good idea.
    The boss room is currently obscenely difficult, it's a 100' high 150' diameter dome with a crater floor, the bloodfey in the center with 40 vines that pulsate light.

The ceiling/walls are covered by 10 Dread Blossom Swarms (MM3) CR12.6 but there's nothing planned for the floor yet-- the worldskin would be perfect... 75' radius though? That's at least 1k form points right there just for plain floor. Mulligan it? =P
    Seventy form points for a radius of 75 feet, actually. Since the radius starts at 5 feet and each point increases it by 5 feet.

Its a lot of form points, for sure. But you get 1 FP for each mutation you subsume with unraveling guise, and at Evo 1/Oz 4/Mal 7 you have 26 mutations. 8 of these mutations you can trade permanently for 3 additional form points each.

I may need to rerun the numbers. Malshapers get a crapton of FP.

Edit: With one additional level, you can grab a certain mutation in the plant list and get even more tricks for your house.
    Last edited by Draken; 2012-07-05 at 11:25 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

Gah, lots and lots of stuff since last I posted here. That's a good thing though, just means it will take me a while to read through. Especially Hanuman's stuff. I've only managed to skim them so far due to how much there is, but what I saw looks to be interesting.

Anyway, first thing to note is that the Devourer is up from the skilled homebrewer Kellus. It combines his connoisseur class with the ozodrin, for when you really want to be focused on eating people.

Second thing to note, I was thinking on it the other day, and realized that puppets were desperately in need of something. So much so it's a wonder I hadn't realized it before. In short, that thing is the ability to die. Or rather make it look like they die, seeing as they're not alive on their own to begin with.

Severable Puppet: Additional cost 4
    Unlike most puppets, this one can remain separated from the ozodrin for a time. As an immediate action, you may choose to sacrifice one or more hitpoints and sever this puppet. These sacrificed hitpoints are normal damage that may not be prevented by any means. A single move or standard action may also be chosen for the severed puppet to follow at this time. These actions can only be ones relative to the puppet (such as attacking a given square, or moving along a certain path from a starting point). A severed puppet does not convey damage dealt to it to the ozodrin. Instead, it has a number of hitpoints equal to 3 times the number of hit points sacrificed when severing the puppet. As long as the severed puppet is alive and not prevented from doing so, it carry out the chosen action at the start of each of your turns. It cannot react to surroundings, and as such is treated as blind. As a severed puppet is no longer connected to the ozodrin, it may move outside the normal maximum range. It may be up to 60 feet + twice the normal maximum range. If it moves outside that distance it dissolves. You may also dissolve the severed puppet as a free action. Every hour that a puppet remains severed, it takes 1 point of damage. Unlike normal puppets, a severed puppet remains even if you stop manifesting your true nature. However, a severed puppet may nor be reformed or have form points allocated to it redistributed until it has been dissolved. Killing a severed puppet does not cause it to dissolve. Lure traps on a severed puppet are still able to trigger, if a trigger was already set, but may not act beyond that. If the severed puppet is killed, lure traps placed on it may not trigger.

Proxy Puppet: Additional cost 4
    Requires level 16 and Severable Puppet augment: This puppet does not form normally when you manifest your true nature. Instead, any turn you may prep it as a move action. It remains prepped until the start of your next turn. While it is prepped, you may as an immediate action spend 5 feet of strange movement, sever this puppet, and place it where you were positioned. You in turn end up waiting in your extra-dimensional pocket. The puppet appears to be you until the end of the round at which point it shifts to its actual form.

Right, those need cleaning up, but the gist is there. They let the ozodrin fake deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
    Well, you're still losing some tissue with each hit. You're just holding together what's already there a little better. Fast healing would be giving you something for nothing. Regenerative Flesh has already set a precedent for Ozodrin not having Fast Healing without eating to replace what was lost.
    Adding some DR might work. Possibly having it normally be 1, but go up slightly any round that you use the ability to call severed body parts to you (even if you don't have any).

Alright, the new feature is called Organ, ...
    Lots of stuff I need to look over later.

New Feats:
    Even more stuff to look over later.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    First page, post #8 has some epic feats and an epic progression. The prc thread linked at the bottom of the first post has links to various epic PRCs, including those located in this thread.

Do you have a little ozodrin in you? Do you want some in you?

You have been cranking this stuff out. More things I need to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Seventy form points for a radius of 75 feet, actually. Since the radius starts at 5 feet and each point increases it by 5 feet.

Its a lot of form points, for sure. But you get 1 FP for each mutation you subsume with unraveling guise, and at Evo 1/Oz 4/Mal 7 you have 26 mutations. 8 of these mutations you can trade permanently for 3 additional form points each.

I may need to rerun the numbers. Malshapers get a crapton of FP.

Edit: With one additional level, you can grab a certain mutation in the plant list and get even more tricks for your house.
    Your math is off. 14 form points will give you a radius of 75 feet. However, to have an area capable of covering a 150 foot by 150 foot square, you need to upgrade the size 16 times, else the corners will be bare.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

22. - Top - End - #952

I've never seen a class that did as good a job modeling the extraplanar horror as the ozodrin.

That said, the stomach seems a bit strong to me? A level 20 ozodrin would have a stomach with a base AC of 50, Hardness of 10, and 100 HP to make a hole to escape. That seems a bit much to ask of the average level 20.

Finally, I was thinking of trying to work up an epic destiny for this thing.

Something like:

Star-eater
    "Sometimes, when this flawed world seems unusually hateful, I wonder whether there might be some other place, far away, where I should have been. I cannot seem to imagine what that place might be, and if I can't even imagine it then how can I believe it exists? And yet the universe is so very, very wide, and perhaps it might exist anyway? But the stars are so very, very far away. It would take a long, long time to get there, even if I knew the way. And I wonder what I would dream about, if I slept for a long, long time..."

{table=head]Level|Benefit
    21|From World To World
    24|Star Eater
    27|Breath of the Stars
    30|Supernova[/table]

From World To World (Ex)
    A Star-eater of 21st level takes no damage from environmental effects such as heat, cold, forced marches and the like. As a full-round action, a Star-eater may enter a mindless state not unlike hibernation. She gains the mindless trait, and does not need to eat, drink, breathe or sleep. When in this state, the Star-eater may only take a single standard or move action each round.

Star-eater (Ex)
    A Star-eater of 24th level gains a secondary stomach at no form point cost. This secondary stomach is only large enough to contain a medium creature and cannot be augmented by form points. This stomach serves as a black hole. No matter eaten by a mouth connected to the black hole ever returns. In addition, mouths connected to this stomach may ignore hardness, and elemental hazards and magics may also be eaten. Treat this as a targeted Dispel Magic with a dispel check bonus equal to your levels in classes which advance form points.

Breath of the Stars (Su)
    A Star-eater of 27th level gains a breath attack usable by any mouths connected to her black hole stomach. These mouths may, as a full-round action, all breathe 30ft cones or 60ft lines of the energy type that they last devoured (damage is a number of d8's equal to 1/2 the levels of classes which advance form points). If they have not eaten an element since their creation, the Breath of the Stars is instead a number of d8's equal to 1/4 the levels of classes which advance form points.

Supernova(Su)
    A Star-eater of 30th level may choose to release all energies she has taken in in a cataclysmic burst as a full-round action. The supernova is composed of every element the black hole stomach has devoured (dealing 1d8 for every spell level eaten). A Star-eater which releases a supernova is destroyed, the mighty energies rending her apart and reducing her to giblets. If any of these bits remain after one week, the Star-eater regenerates, returning to life with no level loss.

Immortality: Calamity From The Skies
    If she has not already done so, a Star-eater of 30th level tends to leave her home planet, to travel the stars until she comes to another habitable world. An ozodrin's Sinister Image ability continues to function no matter how far the Star-eater has gone, what world or plane of existence it haunts.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by dyslexicfaser; 2012-07-07 at 11:19 PM.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ettin in the Playground

Your math is off. 14 form points will give you a radius of 75 feet. However, to have an area capable of covering a 150 foot by 150 foot square, you need to upgrade the size 16 times, else the corners will be bare.

Owrtho

D'oh. Right, somehow my brain went from 75 feet to 75 squares. In my defense, a friend of mine made me start looking over 4ed material for a quick adventure she wants to run. Yes, I am blaming this one on you Selinia! You better be reading!
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #954

@75' Radius
    Oh man I totally misread that to mean 1FP/square.
    Yeah, that's totally reasonable, but I don't think she'll have the evolutionist class in there, she's already pretty tight:
    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mon...plants/alraune
    This is the exact monster I'm using (thanks Arutema for finding the EXACT monster that I wanted) PF's Aluraune: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mon...plants/alraune which is already 19HD and needs Ozo4 Malsh1, so I'll probably have to shave 5HD off at least, and even then it's a 3rd level party (probably 4th level by the time they hit her) so in the event they don't make it a social encounter they're already pretty sunk and I'd like to at least keep it at "nearly impossible" if not make her at least semi-mortal, fitting as she's not supposed to be all that mortal anyway.

@Star Eater
    I really like giving the ozodrin the ability to become mindless (and may add it to mental organs)... but...
    While I really like the black hole, basically what you have is a sorter, it sorts physical matter from energy to be expended later. A black hole, which is so much more stupidly complicated now thanks to the whole boson thing, is a gravity well, it appeared that you were thinking more of a link to the plane of negative energy, but then the class flipped it around saying it's an energy producer or storage which makes me think that this should be more like a trap, aka a one-way portal to an inescapable dimension.

What about giving the ozodrin a dimensional space rather than an extra-dimensional space? That seems the logical progression from hero to god.
    The ozodrin could then gain the ability to alter the stomach-world's gravity, time, alignment and energy traits as she levels, throwing in different out-world abilities flavored to this progression.
    If you want a black hole, what is better than gravity + time outer-world effect?
    If you want a super-nova why not have a sun inside you?

I haven't read spelljammers, but is there any 3.5/P rules for space?

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ettin in the Playground

@75' Radius
    Yeah, that's totally reasonable, but I don't think she'll have the evolutionist class in there, she's already pretty tight:
    This is the exact monster I'm using (thanks Arutema for finding the EXACT monster that I wanted) PF's Aluraune: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mon...plants/alraune which is already 19HD and needs Ozo4 Malsh1, so I'll probably have to shave 5HD off at least, and even then it's a 3rd level party (probably 4th level by the time they hit her) so in the event they don't make it a social encounter they're already pretty sunk and I'd like to at least keep it at "nearly impossible" if not make her at least semi-mortal, fitting as she's not supposed to be all that mortal anyway.

@Star Eater
    I really like giving the ozodrin the ability to become mindless (and may add it to mental organs)... but...
    While I really like the black hole, basically what you have is a sorter, it sorts physical matter from energy to be expended later. A black hole, which is so much more stupidly complicated now thanks to the whole boson thing, is a gravity well, it appeared that you were thinking more of a link to the plane of negative energy, but then the class flipped it around saying it's an energy producer or storage which makes me think that this should be more like a trap, aka a one-way portal to an inescapable dimension.

What about giving the ozodrin a dimensional space rather than an extra-dimensional space? That seems the logical progression from hero to god.
    The ozodrin could then gain the ability to alter the stomach-world's gravity, time, alignment and energy traits as she levels, throwing in different out-world abilities flavored to this progression.
    If you want a black hole, what is better than gravity + time outer-world effect?

I haven't read spelljammers, but is there any 3.5/P rules for space?
    Spelljammer space is an ocean of breathable goop.

The Astral Plane is pretty much space in the default D&D cosmology. Just look at the background of the picture of the astral dreadnought in the Manual of the Planes, all the stars.
    Last edited by Draken; 2012-07-09 at 09:46 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

@75' Radius
    The evolutionist is a prerequisite for the malshaper. That said, between the evolutionist and ozodrin, you can mimic everything an Aluraune has except the Calming Fragrance and the Feed (though the latter can be mimicked fairly well by an ozodrin). Also can't actually emulate the bleed to my knowledge, but that is more an issue of the class being made for 3.5 where such damage doesn't exist. Use a human (or something else if you preffer), take the Plant Mutator feat first level. Proceed to grab a pair of tentacles, improved grab for said tentacles, and constrict. Get lowlight vision, and upgrade tentacles as needed. Use the spell-like or psi-like abilities to grab the various spell-likes. Get the increased uses as needed. Take the plant mutations such as grove, and fragrence, while also getting some of the plant Teratomorphisms (though grab the size up first). Also grab the various feats the Alraune has.

Multiclass with the ozodrin and the malshaper. You won't actually gain the plan type without 10 levels of evolutionist though. That said, if you don't mind having just most of the traits, you can wind up with a close match for a rather lower level than if you used the actual monster.

Thinking on it though, calm emotions would work well for an ozodrin gaze attack.

Thought I'd point out that there are already ways for an ozodrin to control all of those in stomachs. The gravity control is from the Esoteric Stomach's unique augment, the time alteration is from an epic level feat, the rest are standard stomach augments.

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2012-07-09 at 04:24 PM.
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ettin in the Playground

Bleed actually does exist in 3.5! In the form of the infernal wound ability possessed by Horned Devils and a few other outsiders. It is one of the outsider mutations, in fact. The bleed effect is also avaiable in the mutilate mutation that I posted some time ago (Ex, default mutations), but mutilate is limited to bite attacks. Feed can be done through undead mutations for the ability damage and the appropriate undead teratomorphisms. Unfortunately that kind of precludes Malshaper due to the teratomorphisms in question being somewhat higher level ones.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #958

Actually you're completely correct, I could make this entirely around ozodrin, evo and malsh then just homebrew additions for organs and malsh worldskin.

The problem is that additions are appropriate for Ozo12 (fragrant flesh) which means Ozo12/Evo1/Malsh1 so Level 14 aka 0%Chance of combat-based resolution for my party based on http://legionofgeeks.com/encounter_calc.php

I have to look deeper into evo some time, it looks interesting but I haven't been able to have the time to read it-- most of the time I spend constructing forum stuff is when I'm not at the computer. Plus, being able to change on-the-fly is just so much more appealing to me personally.

The evo plant feat is fitting, her flower is suspended by 40 6" diameter vines which are strong as iron and thus has the Iron Flesh augment.

Charming Gaze knocks off one of her needs, additionally:

In terms of homebrew, she needs:
    Detect thoughts (Needs Homebrew)
    Suggestion (Needs Homebrew?)
    Quickened glitterdust (Needs Homebrew)
    Hold monster (Even needed?)
    Commune with nature (Feat?)
    Mind fog (Needs Homebrew)
    Wall of thorns (What's the best approach?)

Bleed(Ex) (Needs Homebrew->Tentacles)
    Constrict(Ex)
    Grab(Ex)

Calming Fragrance (Su) (Needs homebrew->frag flesh)
    Feed (Ex) (Needs homebrew->worldskin

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually you're completely correct, I could make this entirely around ozodrin, evo and malsh then just homebrew additions for organs and malsh worldskin.

The problem is that additions are appropriate for Ozo12 (fragrant flesh) which means Ozo12/Evo1/Malsh1 so Level 14 aka 0%Chance of combat-based resolution for my party based on http://legionofgeeks.com/encounter_calc.php

I have to look deeper into evo some time, it looks interesting but I haven't been able to have the time to read it-- most of the time I spend constructing forum stuff is when I'm not at the computer. Plus, being able to change on-the-fly is just so much more appealing to me personally.
    Well, for the convenience of discussion, I shall first link the two other classes in question:
    Evolutionist
    Malshaper

The evolutionist is like the ozodrin, but uses mutations, the changes from which are permanent, and once you get past some of the basic ones, has options that are somewhat higher in power than some an ozodrin can select (the ozodrin in turn has some higher power options too, but they tend to be more limited or in other areas).
    The malshaper is a prc combining ozodrin and evolutionist. It advances both features and mutations, as well as providing interaction between them, and three new features.

With that, the best choice would likely be a somewhat lower level in both ozodrin and evolutionist, then as many levels in malshaper as you can get, since that would advance the key features of both.

The evo plant feat is fitting, her flower is suspended by 40 6" diameter vines which are strong as iron and thus has the Iron Flesh augment.

Charming Gaze knocks off one of her needs, additionally:

In terms of homebrew, she needs:
    Detect thoughts (Needs Homebrew)
    Suggestion (Needs Homebrew?)
    Quickened glitterdust (Needs Homebrew)
    Hold monster (Even needed?)
    Commune with nature (Feat?)
    Mind fog (Needs Homebrew)
    Wall of thorns (What's the best approach?)

Bleed(Ex) (Needs Homebrew->Tentacles)
    Constrict(Ex)
    Grab(Ex)

Calming Fragrance (Su) (Needs homebrew->frag flesh)
    Feed (Ex) (Needs homebrew->worldskin
    Now then, all of spells can be gained from the evolutionist, from which you can gain one spell-like ability per mutator level (which would be equal to the sum of you mutator levels and malshaper levels). However, some may require additional uses from another mutation (again available once per level), which will make the spell like usable at will if it would reach seven uses per day.

If you start with a race already of the plant type (homebrewed or from some book), you can skip out the plant feat for evolutionist, since plant mutations/teratomorphs are automatically available to plant type creatures.

If I add calming gaze to the ozodrin special eyes, it will likely have no requirement above special eyes, meaning you would need access to level 11 features (or to grab a level of esoteric gaze to get special eyes a level early). malshaper in turn requires 1 level or evolutionist and 4 levels of ozodrin. As it advances features fully, the lowest level you could have the boss be is level 12 (or 11 if you grabbed one level in esoteric gaze).

seven spells means you would need a mutator level of 7. If you went ozodrin 4/evolutionist 1/malshaper 6, you would have a mutator level of 8, so would be fine there. You would also at that point have 23 mutations to distribute. If 8 of those go toward gaining the spells, there would be 15 left to distribute (note this assumes no feats or other means of increasing mutation count are used).

If you have tentacles (either through ozodrin, aberrant feats, or mutations), you can get improved grab, and subsequently constrict for tentacles, costing a mutation each. As for the bleed, if you're using pathfinder, and don't mind it being on critical hits only, you can spend to feats to grab critical focus and bleeding critical (note, that there is a mutation that can be taken multiple times to upgrade the evolutionist and malshaper class levels to full BAB, allowing you to reach the BAB 11 requirement by level 12 when the ozodrin levels are factored in).

If the calming gaze is added, that removes the need for Calming Fragrance.
    Feed, is essentially a slower, weaker form of devour (other than the intelligence drain and the increased health gain)

As for any remaining mutations, those in the plant group would likely be of interest. Particularly grove, budding creation, and thorns.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

30. - Top - End - #960

Oh wow, mut is fleshed as hell, good stuff to use in there. I can see why you'd be hesitant to develop ozodrin as there's so much you can do by multiclassing, not that you should have to, at core it's two different playstyles.

I might actually go more mut heavy for this one actually, despite how much I like ozodrin. The whole thing is that one of our players is toast (and has been fed upon) and she'll be returning as an NPC kerrigan-style. So mut might work a bit better for zergy transformation... hmmm.