New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1184
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Tooth and Tentacle [3.5 base class PEACH]

Hello again. I've ch' to this thread from phlegeth, and let me tell you, are y'bthnk tired!

That statement/lame joke was more and less literal than you may know, even if you do speak a smattering of R'lyehian.

I have a couple of questions. Does the ozodrin have any way to change its own size category while in its true form? Additionally, has all of the work on the class been consolidated completely?

I also have a declaration. If no one minds, I'm going to try working on those integument features again, except they won't be as raw or aimless as they were before my stay over in phlegeth.
    Last edited by Ammutseba; 2013-01-11 at 10:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Bugbear in the Playground

The later augments for the flesh feature allow for changing size category, although those are fairly late in the class and do NOT change the base size for any tentacles et all.

One of the first couple of Owrtho posts (some other people have comments between them) link to the thread that has all of the various prestige classes (some more done than others), and the posts themselves contain feats and alternate class features. What else are you looking for?

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh. There they are. Condensed and engorged. I specifically went looking for them earlier, and still managed to miss them. Well, it's good that they are there. That's nice to know.

It's not really what I'm looking for so much as trying to figure out what isn't there. Once upon a time, I tried to make "Integument" features, but had a poor grasp of game design theory when I did, and thus they did not go over well, for the most part. I'd like to revisit the attempt, but this time with the added bonus of having half an idea of what I'm doing.

With this crack at it, I may or may not be designing a PrC around the concept. I'm not sure yet, but the what I have in mind are a Trunk feature and an Insanity feature, each with their own list of augments for enhancement and specialization. The Trunk feature allows different parts of the body to contain (possibly redundant) organs, and the Insanity feature can be applied to different parts of the mind (recognizing it as its own part of the ozodrin), modifying how mental abilities and perceptions are handled.
    Last edited by Ammutseba; 2013-01-12 at 02:08 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Barbarian in the Playground

Something that still needs to be addressed is the capacity for overly large numbers. It's a bit too easy, in my opinion, to get ridiculously high numbers from various eyes and such. A simple fix would be a limit on instances of a single feature, say, class level plus Cha modifier?
    It's a falcon. Wearing a Fedora. Your argument is irrelevant.
    Official Member of the No Cussing Club

5. - Top - End - #1025

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon Falcon View Post
    Something that still needs to be addressed is the capacity for overly large numbers. It's a bit too easy, in my opinion, to get ridiculously high numbers from various eyes and such. A simple fix would be a limit on instances of a single feature, say, class level plus Cha modifier?
    Can we get some examples? Or even game testing that showed these numbers were actually an issue? I'd rather not make the class more complicated to use than it already is to solve something that isn't broken. Also, many features would need to be rewritten IMO if we added a restriction like that. The eyes (generally what people are referring too with the knee-jerk "omg so high") are strong, yes, but hitting max +Spot +AC means not having anything else and for the first 14 levels swapping features takes awhile (even for eyes).

Although this reminds me to check to see if we closed the Otherworldly Guise loophole...

6. - Top - End - #1026

Here's my data:

---------
    (Chart1)
    Lv / FP Range / Average
    1 / 4-11 / 7.5
    2 / 7-14 / 10.5
    4 / 13-23 / 18
    8 / 25-38 / 31.5
    10 / 31-45 / 38
    13 / 37-64 / 50.5
    16 / 46-76 / 61
    ---------

Eyes: SPOT/AC/REF/FLANK/FLATFOOT

CURRENT MAX SPOT-
    Level + 3 + [FP*0.75] + # of aberrant feats = Maximized Expected Spot

Level 8 Ozodrin (Using Chart1's Avr. FP rounded)
    8 + 3 + [FP RATIO 30*0.75 = 22] + 7 = +40 Spot Check

Modifying the class' spot check needs to happen within the FP/SPOT ratio by bringing the amount of spot down per invested FP, not that I really find it to matter as absurdly high spot checks are currently a class feature with the addition of inhuman vision (+1spot/+5'DarkVis per ab. feat) with an aberrant feat stack (aprox. 5-10 aberrant feats, even at low level).

You can accomplish this by not aberrant feat stacking and/or not taking inhuman vision, changing it to +1spot/3eyes and by having the perceptive eyes cap at 1/level, this would change a perceptive eye from .75FP/spot to .5FP/spot and a regular eye from .5FP/spot to .3FP/spot.
    This does not fix the ozodrin reaching epic spot after about level 14, but any ratio above .3 will let that happen. If you want a more balanced character at those levels simply lower your own, or your player's FP/spot ratios by using the above limiting mechanics until the ratios are below .3.

NEW NUMBERS-
    Level 8 Ozodrin (Using Chart1's Avr. FP rounded and above modification and without inhuman vision)
    8 + 3 + [(30 - Level)*0.33 + Level = 15] = +26 spot MAX PERCEPTIVE EYE
    or
    8 + 3 + [(30)*0.33 = 10] = +21 spot MAX FLAT EYE

Same, with level 1 Ozodrin w/8FP
    1 + 3 + [(8 - Level)*0.33 + Level = 3] = +7 spot MAX PERCEPTIVE EYE
    or
    1 + 3 + [(8)*0.33 = 2] = +6 spot MAX FLAT EYE

Same, with level 16 Ozodrin w/60FP
    16 + 3 + [(60 - Level)*0.33 + Level = 30] = +49 spot MAX PERCEPTIVE EYE
    or
    16 + 3 + [(60)*0.33 = 20] = +39 spot MAX FLAT EYE

----------------------
    Rebalance Data:
    Level / SPOT / PERC SPOT / +Inh.Vis.
    1 / +6 / +7 / #+5
    8 / +21 / +26 / #+7
    16 / +39 / +49 / #+11
    There you go! The higher bonus is at the cost of combat penalties so you'll have a tradeoff when you expect danger. As for inhuman vision stacking there should probably just be a balance note.
    ----------------------

That's a flat nerf, another option is a progressive drop-off, this would solve the epic stacking by penalizing heavy feature focus.
    An example is to use the 1perceye/level cap then add a +1spot for 2 eyes (1 for 2) for the first 12, then 1 for 3 for the next 12 then 1 for 4 for the next 12 and so on. This would grant a .5/.3/.25 ratio for +6/+4/+3.
    This limits what the ozodrin is actually capable of, and may need to be re-tweaked for an epic level ozodrin as they wouldn't be capable of reaching the same epic numbers.

Other fixes to numbers include AC and Grapple, here's how to fix them:
    -AC needs to be typed as +DexAC, that way it's capped with armor's MaxDEX.
    -Grapple needs Ozodrin to move to the CMB/CMD system to allow for general re-balancing, once that's done 3.5's general problems with grapple numbers disappear.
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2013-01-22 at 07:03 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

How is it, each time I read this thread, I love this class more?
    On a quest to marry Asmodeus, lord of the Nine Hells, or die trying.

8. - Top - End - #1028

Those are some interesting numbers, but what I meant by examples was more like "the Ozodrin's crazy spot needs to be fixed because it does ~blah~ to the campaign". I know the numbers are high, and can get much higher than even what was calculated. However... as far as I can tell the main argument is that people freak out at big numbers regardless of whether it really is that different in practice from a more reasonable bonus (or just taking inhuman vision). Which IS an argument - DMs freaking out is a bad thing. But how often do high spot checks of all things get the class knee-jerk banned from groups?

-------------------------------------------------------

That grapple solution involves having the PCs use entirely different rules for grappling? Tying a grapple fix to the class means any group that isn't on board with that grapple fix is probably going to skip out on the class. With devour fixed (although there are still some now-nonsensical references to the old devour in primary stomach) remaining potential grappling issues IMO are multigrab/greater multigrab and that one tentacle augment that can be optimized to give insane grapple very early. Neither of which would be fixed by that system change anyway.
    Last edited by Magikeeper; 2013-01-29 at 08:59 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1029

@Spot
    [Spot - Hide (*10) = Base engagement distance in feet, you can then change than between +100' to -100' depending on your roll.

This means that a level 8 ozodrin's maxspot using current ozodrin rules will be able to engage an opponent from 300' to 500'.
    400' is the same as being invisible as +40 is the modifier for being able to see an invisible creature, but considering you aren't detected whatsoever and an invisible creature is detected with a +20 DC spot you've got an advantage.
    In fact, you can flat out see invisible creatures, and you can detect spellcasters from outside of their medium range with ease, and there's not much an unaware caster can do at long range, really. I mean, there's the DV cap but you'll be bypassing that with your feat stack anyway, which essentially means that as long as you move carefully your party will be "invisible" a lot of the time.

@Grapple
    Not a lot of ways to avoid that, Ozodrin does a great job of balancing it TBH, but yeah, 3.5 grapple is pretty broken.

10. - Top - End - #1030

I've never actually seen engagement range used by the book. Is that odd? It could be, I wouldn't know. Has Ozodrin spot messing with that been a big issue in games? I would think that even if you are using it by the book that distance mattering assumes wide open areas, which is not often the case when sneaking around... I think.
    Last edited by Magikeeper; 2013-02-03 at 06:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1031

@Engagement
    Encounters are not meant to take place at ultra-high range, actually edging out another wizard's long range spells by casting and then ducking back out of range with the move action simply doesn't happen in most games as they require 7'+ tile boards and most mats are less than half that.

It's a hassle to run tbh.

@Game issues
    Most DMs will probably want to just fudge encounters, if this needs to happen then the class probably needs some adjustments.

@Line of sight
    Once you hit level 9 you can fly, stealth flight is 100% spot as it determines how high you can fly while still being able to survey and there's really no hide in the air apart from size and enchantments, ect.

12. - Top - End - #1032

The spot bonus isn't the issue. It's the massive bonuses to AC from eyes and flesh, or, to a lesser extent, the damage from multiple secreting fleshes.

13. - Top - End - #1033

@AC and flesh stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, how high can the AC get without crippling the Ozodrin's ability to actually be useful in combat? Past very early levels where eyes+weapon works? Is it very nice or actually overpowered? My current PC is in a game that is far too high-op to tell but I don't recall this being an issue playtesting wise in the other games. Again, I could be wrong.

I don't see secreting flesh at level 16 being an issue outside of low-op. That's a level below 9th level maneuvers and getting the most damage out of secreting flesh involves full attacking. If you go straight flesh with one natural attack you end up with an impressive, but hardly overpowered strike.

-----------------------------

I do have an issue though, and I might PM this one to Owrtho: Last Sunday I tried to actually use the spawn feature in game and no one at the table is sure how it works.

Can I see through the spawn? Does it use my stats? What happens if the Ozodrin dies? Does it have its own mind [important if we assume it sticks around when the Ozodrin dies]? What happens if someone casts a spell on it? Does it still gain the benefit of my buffs/items? Etc, Etc.

I can make an educated guess for all of these things, but it is very unclear.
    Last edited by Magikeeper; 2013-02-05 at 01:30 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magikeeper View Post
    I do have an issue though, and I might PM this one to Owrtho: Last Sunday I tried to actually use the spawn feature in game and no one at the table is sure how it works.

Can I see through the spawn? Does it use my stats? What happens if the Ozodrin dies? Does it have its own mind [important if we assume it sticks around when the Ozodrin dies]? What happens if someone casts a spell on it? Does it still gain the benefit of my buffs/items? Etc, Etc.

I can make an educated guess for all of these things, but it is very unclear.
    To answer your questions, your spawn are not invisible and can block line of sight like most creatures, though if they have eyes you may use those eyes to see. It uses your stats. If the ozodrin dies the spawn will likewise die. It does not have its own mind, and is just an extension of the ozodrin. If a spell is cast on it, it is treated like a separate creature (mind if it is a mind affecting spell that would actually be targeting the ozodrin, as it is the mind behind the spawn). It does not gain the benefits of any temporary buffs you are under, though permanent ones will effect it (might be subject to change). Looking back on it that feature really is rather unclear in wording. I'll need to look into cleaning some of that up when I get around to making some updates for clarification and minor balancing issues next.

For those wondering when that might be (understandable given my seeming lack of presence in the thread), it will likely be some time after I get my next project that I've been working on for a bit posted (A few people may know what it is, though I know not if they follow this thread). Anyway, I have been keeping an eye on the thread and trying to stay up to date on it.

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

15. - Top - End - #1035

Oh...

Ozoi

Yeah that makes a lot more sense now, the ozodrin is a class made to introduce an archetype made out of an existing character concept rather than a class made to create an archetype to create non-existing character concepts.

I'll have to rethink what I want to work on, and if I want to retain the ozodrin as the base ruleset or completely overhaul it and rename it, with full credit and history of course.

The problem with trying to expand the ozodrin falls into the limitations of Ozoi's character flavor, as soon as it breaks that, or goes into detain about the fluff it suddenly starts to clash, which explains most of the lack of fluff behind the ozodrin's abilities as they started as more of a replication and you've been creating the mechanics and fluff as you go. It's still one of my favorite classes but I still want to reflavor it, at the very least a PrC if not a whole class change. Honestly I'm not sure if one I would create would be better, it'd just have more options.

Anyone know where Ozoi is from? It's a pretty hard find. All I've found is that it's a character that circulated on futaba channel imageboard and 2chan.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2013-02-07 at 10:05 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1036

Eh? It already has stuff Ozoi does not. That was where it started from, yes, but I've never seen the source material and I've suggested/written oodles of things for the class. I remember convincing Owrtho that although, for example, the fin feature didn't fit the original character, you don't need to have your PC use every feature and that "Other people playing the class might have different ideas in mind that do involve wings or fins. This class is wonderfully versatile and it lets you use your imagination – I think that’s awesome".

I think the Ozodrin's mechanics fit the archetype of all sorts of far realms/tentacle horrors/Free-form shifters/etc and does it better than anything currently existing in D&D.

IMO It was mostly kept light on the fluff behind the abilities for the DM's sake. I think each campaign I've been in as both DM and Player had a different fluff explanation for the powers of the Ozodrin.

EDIT: I found a post where Owrtho described the source material.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Owrtho View Post
    If you haven't figured it out, the pictures are of the character that inspired the class. Their name is Ozoi and they are from what seems to be a Japanese webcomic thing called Nijiura Maids (I think, somewhat hard to find information on it in English. Comes from the Futaba Channel imageboard). As for pictures, they can be found on gelbooru (NSFW) by searching Ozoi. I also put most of the safe for work ones up in my photobucket (mainly as gelbooru seems unable to show images here and I was sick of looking for other places hosting them).

I actually thought someone might figure out who it was sooner just due to the fact the picture I used on the first page has her name directly under the class name. I thought someone would catch that and try looking it up.

Also, I plan to add the skin augments (along with the fins) later this week or over the weekend.

Owrtho
    Last edited by Magikeeper; 2013-02-08 at 12:42 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1037

Ah ok, thanks I haven't spent the time to read through all the pages of work done on it.

Agreed, it has a lot of stuff that's new and that has been invented, a lot of love has gone into it.

I really see a lot of potential for more of an Ex approach, treating the ozodrin as a binding of Ex, Su, Psi and Sp, binding alchemical, magical and psionic into one little ball of horrifying goodness capable of branching out chaotically and nonsensically into reaches of the beautiful and malign.

Also, I despise PrC's, I have never found one I liked better than just a bundle of ACF's or just choosing a similar base-class =/

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ettin in the Playground

Not even the Malshaper?

Anyway. I don't follow what your "more of an Ex approach" means. Between the Ozodrin's 24 class features, 21 are Ex, two are Su and one is untyped.

If anything, I would take some of those Ex away and make them untyped so as to avoid Factotums from stealing their stuff*.

*This is the reason why the evolutionist's mutations are untyped. Well, one reason.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #1039

Very good point actually, though I think the solution is to have a no-borrowing clause rather than untyping abilities. Though, untyping may be a good tactic for blurring the lines between some types.

Honestly I don't know, I'm trying to wrap my head around a lot of concepts and am struggling to figure out exactly what the idealistic end-result is. Tip of the tongue syndrome resulting in some weird dialogue.

I'll have to think about it.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Not even the Malshaper?

Anyway. I don't follow what your "more of an Ex approach" means. Between the Ozodrin's 24 class features, 21 are Ex, two are Su and one is untyped.

If anything, I would take some of those Ex away and make them untyped so as to avoid Factotums from stealing their stuff*.

*This is the reason why the evolutionist's mutations are untyped. Well, one reason.
    I don't really think Factotum-theft is that big a deal, due to how interlinked the traits of the Ozodrin are.
    Using almost any of the class features requires you to have Features (with a few exceptions, I'll get to those later). However, Features require Form Points and the ability to Manifest Form, separate abilities. So you have to use up all three of your slots for a day in order to be able to use the basics of the Ozodrin. And even then, they only last for a minute. Otherwise known as 10 rounds. And since you can't make use of Rapid Form with this, you'll have to change features one at a time, as a move action. While not manifested, since you can't have Aberrant Nature as well,so you can't actually use them for most of your duration. So copying features is far more effort than its worth. You have, at most, 9 rounds of one giant feature, at the cost of all uses of a daily ability for a day.At level 19. If you want to do something so cripplingly specific, be my guest.

Now, as for ones that don't require traits, a few come to mind:Twisted Mind, Aberrant Feat,Jaws That Bite,Strange Movement, Bizarre Grappler, Strange Anatomy, Devour, Menacing Demeanor, Manifest Form.

Twisted Mind: defensive, deals with some were the point is that you usually won't know when to activate it, bad to imitate.

Aberrant Feat: This is no different from all the other things that can give you feats, and most aberrant feats are mediocre at best (unless using more 'brew, making this a better option). Not worth it at that high level.(I fold Aberrant Affinity into this category as well, because its mostly just a more specific version).

Jaws That Bite: Requires you to have a bite attack, overly situational. As a factotum, your grappling isn't too good. Need to spend another slot on manifest form to use.

Strange Movement: I'll concede, this is actually a pretty good use of a slot, since you won't have to worry about a daily allotment and go blow it all in one go to abscond quickly, especially since you get it so anti-teleport effects don't effect it.

Bizarre Grappler:You're a factotum, and your grappling likely bites. And without features, the second part doesn't really offer any benefits to you.

Strange Anatomy: Decent if you think you'll end up getting grappled, and the possible 75% fortification could come in handy. But for the former, you could pick up Strane Movement instead, guaranteeing escape, and you probably have the latter already. And keep in mind, it's not 100%, and its only for one minute.

Devour:Again, if you're a factotum, you probably aren't a grappler. Requires a bite attack.

Menacing Demeanor: Not sure how much Intimidate is used. May be useful for a battle of wits (ToB), or getting just that slight increased chance of cooperation. Possibly useful.

Manifest Form:DC17+CHA save vs. shaken, useful once per battle (after that,they're either all immune or already shaken). Might be something to pile one one more debuff or two against a bunch of melee mooks, but you could probably get better fear stacking out of copying samurai class features.
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2013-02-08 at 03:26 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1041

I will soon be making my list of "things that should be looked at" for when Owrtho has the time. For now I will post my fixed up version of the base spawn feature, my fix of the currently OP Hole in time epic feat (at least, OP in any game that does not already use fast time planes), and a minor primary stomach edit.

Hole in Time (Changed it to give 3 augments instead of one, mostly re-wrote the feat)
    Spoiler
    Show

Hole in Time (Aberrant, Epic)
    Your stomach is outside of normal time, allowing you some control over the flow of it inside.
    Prerequisite: Aberration Blood, Monster Within stomach augment, Charisma 25
    Benefit: You gain access to the following stomach augments:
    Warped Time: Additional cost 10
    Required Level 21: The flow of time in your stomach is slower than outside it. An additional round passes outside your stomach for every round that passes inside it. You may add this multiple times to the same stomach. The effects stack.
    Robust Time: Additional cost 20
    Required Level 24: The flow of time in your stomach does not change even if the flow of time outside of it does. For example, if the ozodrin used this augment on a plane where time moved faster than normal those inside the stomach would continue to use that time rate even if the Ozodrin later traveled to another plane.
    Drained Time: Additional cost 20
    Required Level 27: Creatures and objects inside your stomach are effected by an extraordinary slow effect while within it that otherwise functions as per the spell except that there is no save. You may choose to have any creature or object that has spent more than two rounds in your stomach to instead be effected as though by an extraordinary stasis effect (even if it is not a creature) that otherwise functions as per the spell except there is no save.

Fixed up base Spawn Feature text. I couldn't think of a way to make the text pile smaller, but at least it is less ambiguous:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spawn are pieces the ozodrin is capable of separating from itself and having move around on their own. A spawn is able to be given other features, however unlike puppets they don't look like normal creatures. When making a spawn, it is able to have a number of features added for which the total number of form points does not exceed twice the ozodrin's charisma modifier or 8 (whichever is higher). The cost of these features cost are added onto that of the spawn. Features may not be more than 2 size categories larger than the spawn (spawn are one size category smaller than the ozodrin). Normally these features added are treated as normal features on the ozodrin. However, as a standard action, the ozodrin is capable of segmenting off one or more spawn features they possess. This deals damage to the ozodrin equal to the total cost of the spawn, and reduces the ozodrin's maximum hp by 1 for every 10 form points the spawn costs (this counts as part of the normal damage being dealt). The spawn are placed in a square adjacent the location of the feature. When separated, a spawn may only make 1 standard action per round. Without any features or augments, a spawn is blind, deaf, and only able to move 5 feet per move action. The spawn possess an amount of hp equal to 5 times the amount lost when spawning it. If given two limb features it gains a move speed of 15 feet, which increases by 5 for each additional limb, though if a limb is used to move, it can't be used to perform other actions that round. Spawn count as a separate creature for the purposes of spells and effects, except for mind effecting effects which effect the Ozodrin instead of the spawn. Spawn use the ozodrin’s physical and mental stats. If the Ozodrin is killed, the spawn dies as well. If a spawn is killed, the ozodrin is able to regrow a new one as a standard action. This removes the reduction to max hp, but does not heal the ozodrin, nor separate the newly grown spawn. A separated spawn may reattach to the ozodrin as a standard action (on the spawn’s part) if in an adjacent square. This removes the penalty to max hp caused by that spawn and heals the ozodrin an amount of hp equal to 1/5th the amount the spawn had remaining (rounded down minimum 1).

A minor edit of Primary Stomach that no longer refers to things that directly contradict the new devour:
    Spoiler
    Show

An ozodrin's stomach can hold a number of small creatures equal to its class level squared times two (at level 8 this would be 128). Four small creatures equal 1 medium, 4 medium equal 1 large, 4 large equal 1 huge, etc. Unlike most creatures with a swallow whole ability, an ozodrin has no natural hazards in its stomach. Instead it is able to place features in its stomach, allowing it to see and attack creatures it swallows. If it has no eyes inside its stomach, creatures in contact with the stomach have partial concealment (as it can feel them but not see them) while creatures that are flying or otherwise avoiding touching the surfaces have total concealment.
    As long as the ozodrin is manifesting its true nature, there is a supply of air to the stomach. However, if it suppresses its true nature, the air supply is cut off. In this case there is enough air to support a creature for 1 minute for every creature of its size that could fit in the stomach before the supply is exhausted (this assumes normal activity).
    If the ozodrin dies, creatures in its stomach have 1d6 rounds to escape before they are forcefully ejected (along with all the other contents of the stomach not a part of the ozodrin) as the pocket dimension collapses, dealing 1d8 damage per 4 ozodrin levels. Creatures ejected this way show up at the location of the ozodrins corpse or as close to it as possible if other ejected contents are in the way.
    If another class would advance the stomach feature, it advances this ability as well.

The paragraph that needs to be added to the old devour over in the alternate class features section:
    Spoiler
    Show

If the ozodrin has recently Devoured a creature, there is a 100% chance that any loot it had on it might be in the stomach (determined for each piece of loot individually). This decreases by 5% for every round since the creature was devoured. A corpse or body parts (unless artificial) will never be found this way.
    If an ozodrin has at least two limb or tentacle features in its stomach and one or more eyes, it is able to retrieve the items itself as a swift action, tossing them out of one of its mouths. Alternatively, an ozodrin may attempt to cough up all swallowed items as a standard action.

Speaking of primary stomach, it is currently a mass of needed text... for level 8. Virtually NONE of which matters at the level you get it. That might confuse people even with a disclaimer line. I think the ability should be moved to level 8.

Also, has anyone used the level 10 budding ability in a game and found it to be a pleasurable experience? Like, would they be sad to see that ability be streamlined? All of my past experiences with that ability suggest that it is trying to mimic body shapes in a way D&D keeps abstract for a reason. Trying to see if it is just me.
    Last edited by Magikeeper; 2013-02-09 at 01:25 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1042

Owrthro, if you could re-open the Machine thread, I've got some ideas you could use for it.

23. - Top - End - #1043

Multiple Limbs: Additional cost 2
    Requires Limb Feature: Instead of one Limb you have multiple smaller ones. The "limb" counts as a size category smaller, and gains +1 to grapple checks.

Multiple Eyes: Additional cost 2
    Requires Eye Feature: Instead of one Eye you have a grouping of smaller ones, this eye counts as 4 eye features for the purposes of calculating flat foot and flanking and counts as 3.5 eyes (not rounded) for the purposes of calculating AC, Reflex Saves and Spot Checks.

Multiple Tentacles: Additional cost 3
    Requires Limb Feature: Instead of one Tentacle you have multiple smaller ones. The "tentacle" counts as a size category smaller, and gains +1 to grapple checks. In addition, you gain a +1 to grapple for each Multiple Tentacle augment or each Large Tentacle augment, use the least acquired augment for this number.
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2013-02-14 at 10:52 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    Multiple Limbs: Additional cost 2
    Requires Limb: Instead of one Limb you have multiple smaller ones. The "limb" counts as a size category smaller, and gains +1 to grapple checks. You may apply this augment to the same limb up to as many times as large limb had been applied to it.

gonna add eyes
    Problem: This is mechanically identical to just getting two Limbs, but worse.

4 FP for a Limb, -1 for Small, x2 because there's two of them = 6 FP.

4 FP for a Limb, +2 for Multiple = 6 FP.

Except Multiple also requires Large, so the actual situation is:

4 FP for a Limb, x2 because you're getting two. 8 FP. Add another 4 per extra limb.

4 FP for a Limb, +8 for Large, +2 for Multiple. 14 FP. Add another 10 per extra limb.

The only way it would be different is if you said that the Multiple limbs need both together to effectively grasp anything with the hands. In that case, two problems emerge.

Firstly, it's the same cost for less benefit. Secondly, if that's the case why do both give their grapple boost?

I suppose you could say that this way, you can spend the cost of any other Augments only once for several limbs. Thing is, it's a pretty hefty surcharge for that ability: 6 FP per extra limb you want to spread the augments over, and you don't have the option of putting different augments on different limbs. Seems like a niche case to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #1045

I wrote that as I was getting out of bed and then running out the door, great response qwerty.

I've removed the requirement for large limb and it is mechanically parallel to Claws that Catch, though I think that smaller limbs should have rules for how they apply their grapple bonuses-- for instance, using a coiling tentacle to initiate a grapple, or when using diminutive arms to initiate a grapple.
    All the arms count as one, it's a single feature similar to Multiple Spikes-- it's mostly contextually different and unlike claws that catch holding an object doesn't disable it's grapple bonus.

Here's the efficiency chart.

Per +1Grapple it costs:
    Limb 4FP
    Hooked Tentacle 2.5FP (5FP/+2)
    1 Size Smaller Limb 3FP
    2 Size Smaller Limb 2FP
    3 Size Smaller Limb 1FP
    Claws (Hands) That Catch 1FP-2.5FP (2-5FP depending on limb size/+2)
    Claws That Catch 1.3FP-2.3FP (4-7FP depending on limb size/+3)

Multi-Limb*1 1.5FP-3FP (3-6FP depending on limb size/+2)
    Multi-Limb*2 1.6FP-2.6 (5-8FP depending on limb size/+3)
    Multi-Limb*3 1.75FP-2.5 (7-10FP depending on limb size/+4)
    Multi-Limb*4 1.8FP-2.4 (9-12FP depending on limb size/+5)

Seeing these figures...
    It makes me think that the grapple balance was intended for a buy of 4FP -> +1Grapple for most stacking abilities, or 2.5FP for hooked tentacle.
    If limb has a -0.25 Grapple on each size change the balance is preserved, as such per +1 grapple ratio:
    Limb 4FP
    1 Size Smaller Limb (+0.75 Grapple) 4FP
    2 Size Smaller Limb (+0.50 Grapple) 4FP
    3 Size Smaller Limb (+0.25 Grapple) 4FP

The multiple eyes augment gives more statistical efficiency for eyes, albeit an awkward and small bonus, mostly used for context.

I want to improve the grapple bonus from multiple tentacles but I'm trying to figure out the most balanced way to do it.

I managed to dig a passworded nijiura maid imageboard that has a lot of rare images, if you want a link PM me.
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2013-02-16 at 04:43 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been brainstorming some ideas for writing an alternate version of the Ozodrin for Pathfinder. Specifically, one that is a lot simpler to play and follows Pathfinder's paradigm of selecting a class feature every even level. The basic ideas I've got so far are:
    -Make it a Con and Cha based class
    -Con being used for anything that would depend on the quality of inter-dimensional super flesh being summoned. Con-based natural attacks should alleviate the MADness of the class.
    -Bump Fort save up to the good progression to match the "tougher than mortal flesh" theme.
    -More abilities will be Supernatural, to prevent DMs from thinking it's OP. Also, more explanation for why some things might still be Extraordinary or have exceptions to stuff like Dimensional Anchor, just in case some DMs are having trouble with the "our physics are not their physics" theme.
    -No Form Points. The variety will come from choosing Inheritances at 1st and every even level. Stronger Eldritch Inheritances will become available at 10th and capstone Cosmic Inheritances at 18th. Much of the current Augment functionality will be hidden behind prereq Inheritances. This should prevent absurd feature stacking and 10 minute point assigning sessions.
    -To provide an interesting role-playing drawback, fix an issue with the food-to-hp mechanic (storing infinite food), and provide limited uses on some of the abilities, there will be a Nourishment Pool implemented right from level one. Ozodrin require (Ozodrin level +1) points per day to survive, can spend points to fuel some abilities, and have a cap on how much they can store. 1 point will be equal to the Standard food intake per day for medium humanoids, points gained from creatures eaten will be standardized based on HD and size, and the Energy/Magic Consuming Flesh will be reborn as a line of Inheritances.
    -Provide options to play a role that is not just Controller but also part Rogue (who says there are no Ozodrin tomb raiding for forbidden lore?).

WIP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Die: d8

Starting Gold: 3d4x10 (75gp)

Class Features

Class Skills: The ozodrin's class skills are Acrobatics (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Disable Device (Dex), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Fly (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (planes) (Int), Perception (Wis), Stealth (Dex), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str)

Skill Points per Level: 4 + Int mod

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special
    1st|
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Nourishment Pool, Manifest True Form, Hungry Grasp, Inhuman Senses, Inheritance
    2nd|
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Inheritance
    3rd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Unearthly Power
    4th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Inheritance
    5th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    6th|
    +4
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Inheritance
    7th|
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Strange Movement
    8th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |Inheritance
    9th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |
    10th|
    +7/+2
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |Inheritance, Eldritch Inheritance
    11th|
    +8/+3
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |
    12th|
    +9/+4
    |
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |Inheritance
    13th|
    +9/+4
    |
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |
    14th|
    +10/+5
    |
    +9
    |
    +4
    |
    +9
    |Inheritance
    15th|
    +11/+6/+1
    |
    +9
    |
    +5
    |
    +9
    |
    16th|
    +12/+7/+2
    |
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +10
    |Inheritance
    17th|
    +12/+7/+2
    |
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +10
    |
    18th|
    +13/+8/+3
    |
    +11
    |
    +6
    |
    +11
    |Inheritance, Cosmic Inheritance
    19th|
    +14/+9/+4
    |
    +11
    |
    +6
    |
    +11
    |
    20th|
    +15/+10/+5
    |
    +12
    |
    +6
    |
    +12
    |Inheritance[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: You are proficient with all simple weapons. You are not proficient with any type of armor or shield. Armour is too confining and you just don't see the point in using weapons.

Nourishment Pool (Ex): You have a greater hunger than normal flesh and blood creatures, but this is compensated by an increased ability to gorge yourself and go days without eating. You may store up to (Ozodrin Level + Con Mod)x(Ozodrin Level +1) points of Nourishment in your Nourishment Pool and must expend (Ozodrin Level +1) points of Nourishment each day to avoid the effects of starvation. This removes any need to drink water, but also overrides any other effects, including creature type/subtype, that would cause you to not require food. Eating the normal daily intake of food for a medium humanoid provides 1 point of Nourishment. Magical effects such as Goodberry, that provide some duration of virtual sustenance or not needing sustenance will instead provide points of nourishment equal to the number of days it would sustain a medium humanoid. The bodies of creatures are worth 1 point +1 per size category above tiny, plus an additional 1/2 the creature's HD if consumed within 10 minutes of its death. You can eat raw meat, bones, organs and entrails without being at any extra risk of nausea or illness, beyond the standard chance of disease from creatures that have a disease listed in their stat block.

Manifest True Form (Ex): An Ozodrin's "normal" body, their Worldly Guise, is merely the metaphorical tip of a cosmic iceberg whose true grandeur lies within the murky depths beneath the surface of what we call "reality". As a swift action, an Ozodrin may start Manifesting their True Form, drawing much of their horrible body and its eldritch influence into our physical realm to gain the full benefit of what they really are. Confining this power back into its dormant state is a full-round action. Because they are moving their body interdimensionally, instead of using other means to alter their form, any effects that would normally interfere with shapeshifters fail to prevent an Ozodrin from changing into or out of its True Form. Optional Author's Note:
    Spoiler
    Show
    While the general shape and function of an Ozodrin's True Form is based on their Inheritances, their extra body parts are in a state of near constant flux and may relocate elsewhere on the Ozodrin's body at the slightest whim (cosmetic changes as a free action, if it ever matters whether your undefined number of mouths/eyes/etc are in a specific place). They may even project on top of the Ozodrin's hair, clothing and equipment.

Hungry Grasp (Ex): While manifesting their True Form, an Ozodrin has a number of mouths adorning their body. A slight non-euclidean warping of space allows these extra mouths to have throats that lead directly to the Ozodrin's stomach, even if it seems physically impossible for that location. The Ozodrin gains a Bite attack of the same size as their self, but they add their Con mod to the attack and damage rolls instead of Strength. They gain one additional bite for every seven levels after first. These bites are treated as one size category larger for every fifth Ozodrin level. Additionally, the Ozodrin gains Improved Grapple as a bonus feat.

Inhuman Senses (Ex): While manifesting their True Form, an Ozodrin's body is covered in various eyes and sensitive membranes. The Ozodrin adds 1/2 their level to Perception checks and gains 1/5 their level (minimum 1) as an untyped bonus to AC and CMD if they are not completely immobilized.

Unearthly Power (Su): Starting at 3rd level, while manifesting their True Form, an Ozodrin gains a +1 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls with their natural attacks and can penetrate DR/Magic. The enhancement bonus increases by 1 for every 3 levels after 3rd, to a maximum of +5 at 15th level.

Strange Movement (Su): Starting at 7th level, an Ozodrin can, as a swift action, teleport up to 5 ft per level. This costs 1 point of Nourishment per 25 ft, rounded up.

Inheritances: Ozodrin develop a number of unusual features and powers, called inheritances, that expand their capabilities. At 1st level, an Ozodrin gains one inheritance of their choice. They gain an additional inheritance at 2nd level and for every 2 levels attained after 2nd level. Unless otherwise noted, inheritances only take effect while an Ozodrin is manifesting their True Form. While many of these inheritances, and other Ozodrin class features, may seem (Su), they might still be labeled as (Ex) as a result of them interfacing with reality in a way that is not hampered by Anti-Magic Fields.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Distort Mechanism (Ex): The Ozodrin has learned to project a small disturbance of physics that interferes with delicate devices. They may make Disable Device checks without tools by simply touching the device for the duration of the check. They add 1/2 their level to Disable Device checks, use their Cha mod instead of Dexterity, and may use Disable Device to disarm magic traps. This Inheritance functions even in their Worldly Guise.

Uncanny Senses (Ex): The Ozodrin's senses have sharpened further and can inexplicably project through their Worldly Guise, to a lesser extent. The effects of Inhuman Senses apply in their Worldly Guise and they receive an immediate Perception check to notice traps when they come within 10 feet of one. In their True Form, they gain lowlight vision and 5 ft of Darkvision per level.

Skilled Devourer (Ex): Bite attacks against a target you are grappling deal double damage. You may use your con mod instead of Strength for the purpose of determining CMB and CMD when grappling. You may grapple creatures one size category larger than normal.

Bestial Hide (Ex): Your Natural Armor Bonus is increased by 1/5 your level (minimum 1).

Monstrous Hide (Ex): Prereq: Bestial Hide. Your Natural Armor Bonus is further increased by your Con mod.

Horrid Wounds (Ex): Prereq: Skilled Devourer. Targets you bite while grappling suffer 1/4 Ozodrin level (minimum 1) points of bleed damage.

Terrifying Maw (Ex): Prereq: Horrid Wounds. Targets you bite while grappling must make a Will Save (DC 10 + 1/2 Ozodrin level + Cha mod) or be shaken for 3 rounds.

Devour Physicality (Ex): Prereq: Horrid Wounds. Targets you bite while grappling suffer 1 point of Con damage. Each point of Con damage inflicted in this way provides you with 1 point of Nourishment.

Mindless Panic (Ex): Prereq: Terrifying Maw. Targets you bite while grappling suffer a -3 morale penalty to concentration checks and checks to escape the grapple for two rounds. The duration of Terrifying Maw is increased by one round.

Witness to Terror (Ex): Prereq: Mindless Panic. When biting a grappled target, enemies within 10 ft must also make a Will Save (DC 10 + 1/2 Ozodrin level + Cha mod) or be shaken for two rounds. Creatures that are blind, deaf, and lack other means of perceiving the victim are not subject to this effect.

Ravenous Consumption (Ex): Prereq: Skilled Devourer, Mindless Panic. Bite attacks against a target you are grappling deal triple damage. You gain Greater Grapple as a bonus feat.

Abnormal Senses (Ex): Prereq: Uncanny Senses. The lowlight vision and Darkvision granted by Uncanny Senses now functions in your Worldly Guise. While in your True Form, you gain 5 ft of Blindsense per two Ozodrin levels.

Tentacles (Ex): You gain a tentacle attack of the same size as your self, using Con mod for attack and damage rolls instead of Strength. You gain a +2 bonus to CMB and CMD for the purpose of grappling. You gain an additional tentacle attack every eight level after first. these tentacles are treated as one size larger for every sixth Ozodrin level.

Lengthy Tendrils (Ex): Prereq: Tentacles. The reach of your tentacles is increased to 10 ft.

Instinctive Flailing (Ex): Prereq: Tentacles. You gain a number of additional attacks of opportunity per round equal to your Con mod. These extra attacks of opportunity may only be made with tentacles and do not stack with the extra attacks granted by Combat Reflexes.

Drooling Maw (Su): You may choose to have your bite attacks deal an additional amount of energy damage equal to your Cha mod. The energy type may be chosen from fire, cold, acid, or electricity. It costs you 1 point of Nourishment to affect all of your bite attacks for 1 round.

Spitting Maw (Su): Prereq: Drooling Maw. You may, as a standard action that expends 1 point of Nourishment, spit one of the available energy types as a ranged attack that deals d6 damage per 3 Ozodrin levels, with a range increment of 30 ft.

Rejuvenating Metabolism (Ex): Each day, when you recover hp from natural healing, you may expend up to your level in Nourishment points to recover 4 hp per point of Nourishment. This also functions in your Worldly Guise.

Regenerating Metabolism (Ex): Prereq: Rejuvenating Metabolism. You may, over the course of one hour, expend up to half your level in Nourishment points to recover 3 hp per point of Nourishment and regrow any lost body parts. This also functions in your Worldly Guise.

Disturbing Gaze (Ex): Prereq: Abnormal Senses. You may, as a standard action, stare at a non-blind creature within 30 ft to fill them with dread. They must make a Will Save (DC 10 + 1/2 Ozodrin level + Cha mod) or else be shaken for 3 rounds. This also functions in your Worldly Guise.

Split Gaze (Ex): Prereq: Disturbing Gaze. While in your True Form, you may use Disturbing Gaze on up to Cha mod number of creatures.

Strange Anatomy (Ex): You gain 25% fortification and a +5 bonus to Escape Artist checks, even in your Worldly Guise.

Bizarre Anatomy (Ex): Prereq: Strange Anatomy. You gain 50% fortification and a +4 bonus to Fort saves against poison or disease, even in your Worldly Guise.

Unusual Mentality (Ex): You gain a +4 bonus to Will Saves against mind-affecting abilities and a +4 bonus to Bluff checks, even in your Worldly Guise.

Distorted Ballistics (Ex): Prereq: Spitting Maw. Your range increment with Spitting Maw is increased by 15 ft. You may use your Cha mod instead of Dexterity for the purpose of ranged attack rolls with Spitting Maw.

Deep Sea Adaptation (Ex): You become capable of breathing underwater and gain a Swim speed of 30 ft + 5 ft per two levels. You are immune to underwater pressure effects, even in your Worldly Guise.

Restless Mind (Ex): Prereq: Unusual Mentality. You no longer need to sleep, even in your Worldly Guise.

Energy Absorption (Su): Select either fire, cold, acid, or electricity. You gain 1/2 level Energy Resistance to that type of energy damage. You gain 1 point of Nourishment per 10 energy damage prevented by this Inheritance. Your choice of energy type can be changed as a swift action. This also applies to your Worldly Guise.

Taste Magic (Su): Prereq: Abnormal Senses. While in your True Form, you gain 5 ft of Detect Magic, as the spell, per level. You may use Perception checks in place of Spellcraft checks for the purpose of identifying magic auras and spells. The Magic Detection can be suppressed as a free action.

Eldritch Inheritance: You may now select one of the following whenever you gain an Inheritance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Impervious Hide (Ex): Prereq: Monstrous Hide, Mindless Panic. Your victim's panicked attacks fail to strike true on your sturdy blood-slicked flesh. You gain the benefit of 25% miss chance against creatures you are grappling.

Malefic Presence (Ex): Prereq: Split Gaze. Split Gaze now functions in your Worldly guise. Disturbing Gaze now works on blind creatures and can be used on any creature within your line of sight, regardless of distance.

Stare into the Abyss (Ex): Prereq: Malefic Presence. As part of the action to maintain a grapple, in place of making a natural attack, you now have the option to inflict 1 point of Wis damage. Each point of Wis damage inflicted in this way provides 1 point of Nourishment.

Aberrant Anatomy (Ex): Prereq: Bizarre Anatomy. You gain 75% fortification, immunity to bleeding and are not automatically killed by decapitation, even in your Worldly Guise.

Impossible Anatomy (Ex): Prereq: Aberrant Anatomy. You gain 100% fortification, you have no vital organs and are not automatically killed by removal of any body part, even in your Worldly Guise.

Horrendous Backlash (Ex): Prereq: Unusual Mentality. Any attempts to use a mind-affecting ability on you, against your will, require the user to make a Will Save (DC 10 + 1/2 Ozodrin level + Cha mod) or suffer 1/5 Ozodrin level Wis damage while you gain 1/5 Ozodrin level bonus to your Will Save against the ability that triggered it. This applies to your Worldly Guise.

Non-Euclidean Trajectories (Ex): Prereq: Distorted Ballistics. Your range increment with Spitting Maw increases by an additional 15 ft. Spitting Maw can now ignore any cover less than full cover.

Warped Currents (Su): Prereq: Deep Sea Adaptation. Your Swim speed is doubled and you may choose to ignore the effects of underwater currents, even in your Worldly Guise.

Swim Through Air (Ex): Prereq: Deep Sea Adaptation. You gain a Fly speed of 30 ft + 5 ft per four levels with good maneuverability. You are immune to the effects of thin atmosphere and high altitude, even in your Worldly Guise.

Deep Space Adaptation (Ex): Prereq: Swim Through Air. Your Fly speed is doubled, your maneuverability is improved to perfect, you may add your Cha mod to Fly checks, your flight now functions in a vacuum and penalties from wind are halved. You no longer need to breathe and are immune to the effects of vacuum, even in your Worldly Guise.

Rapid Metabolism (Ex): Prereq: Regenerating Metabolism. As a swift action, you may expend up to 1/4 your level in Nourishment Points to recover 2 hp per point of nourishment and regrow lost body parts. This also functions in your Worldly Guise.

Unusual Absorption (Su): Prereq: Energy Absorption. Sonic energy damage is now a valid choice for Energy Absorption.

Broad Spectrum Absorption (Su): Prereq: Energy Absorption. You gain the effects of Energy Absorption for every type of energy damage you can choose, simultaneously, even in your Worldly Guise.

Magic Absorption (Su): Prereq: Energy Absorption. You gain Spell Resistance equal to 10 + your level. Any spells or spell-like abilities that fail to penetrate your SR provide you with 1 point of Nourishment per spell level.

Hooked Maw (Ex): Prereq: Ravenous Consumption. You gain Snatch as a bonus feat, except that it only applies to your bite attacks and can be used on any creature smaller than the maximum size of creature you can grapple. You may grapple creatures one additional size category larger than normal.

Step Beyond Physics (Ex): Your Strange Movement is now considered (Ex).

Supra-Dimensional Bypass (Ex): Your Strange Movement is no longer prevented by effects like Dimensional Anchor that would normally prevent teleportation.

Devour Magic (Su): Prereq: Taste Magic, Magic Absorption. You may attempt to remove magical effects as per Dispel Magic, Remove Curse, or Break Enchantment. It is a standard action to use this ability on a single effect of your choice and requires being within 5 ft of the effect, item or willing creature, or grappling an unwilling creature. Use your Ozodrin level in place of Caster level for the Dispel check. Any effects permanently removed in this way provide 1 point of Nourishment per spell level.

Cosmic Inheritance: You may now select one of the following whenever you gain an inheritance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Impossible Power (Ex): The enhancement bonus provided by Unearthly Power increases to +6, your natural attacks can penetrate DR/Epic, and Unearthly Power is now considered an (Ex) ability.

Beyond Time (Ex): Your perceptions now function irrespective of the passage of time, allowing you to experience every moment as an eternity unto itself. You are never surprised, can always Take 20 on Perception checks without taking extra time, and gain a +5 bonus to Initiative. As an immediate action you may expend 50 points of nourishment to gain the effects of Time Stop for 1 round. You can accurately perceive the contents of areas that have different passage of time, including slow time, fast time and stopped time. Finally, you are not subject to the ripple effect and will remain unaffected if the past is altered. These effects even apply to your Worldly Guise.

Interdimensional Aiming (Ex): Prereq: Non-Euclidean Trajectories. Your range increment with Spitting Maw increases by an additional 30 ft. Spitting Maw is now treated as a ranged touch attack and can ignore total cover, though your targets still receive the benefit of any concealment that cover provides them.

Adaptable Form (Ex): You gain one additional Eldritch inheritance or two additional regular Inheritances that can be re-assigned over the course of 10 minutes. These can not be used to meet the prerequisites of other inheritances.

Concentrated Absorption (Ex): Prereq: Broad Spectrum Absorption, Magic Absorption. The effects of Energy Absorption and Magic Absorption are now treated as (Ex), your energy and Spell Resistance increases by 5, and you have immunity to one of the energy types you could choose with Energy Absorption. Your choice of immunity can be changed as a swift action. This also applies to your Worldly Guise.

Corrupted Earth (Ex): Prereq: Hooked Maw. Your bite attacks gain a reach of 10 ft and you can choose to have the area within 10 ft of you be treated as difficult terrain for your enemies. Creatures grappled by your bite attack are not capable of automatically hitting you with light weapons, unarmed strikes or natural attacks as they normally would, though they may make one regular attack roll against you if they can reach you. You can even choose to use this in your Worldly Guise.

Mastery of Space (Ex): Prereq: Step Beyond Physics, Supra-Dimensional Bypass. Your Strange Movement now has a range of 25 ft per level and costs 1 point of Nourishment per 100 ft, rounded up. Furthermore, you may use Strange Movement to teleport beyond that range, to anywhere in your line of sight, at a fixed cost of 10 Nourishment.
    Last edited by General Patton; 2013-02-18 at 12:21 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
    -Con being used for anything that would depend on the quality of inter-dimensional super flesh being summoned. Con-based natural attacks should alleviate the MADness of the class.
    Actually, that would increase it. As of currently, an Ozodrin can get by with just a bunch of STR, with some CHA for more form points. Since they're going to be grappling a lot, DEX has questionable usefulness (though most grappling feats require it for some reason). Adding more than STR and CHA is making them MADder.
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2013-02-17 at 08:34 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

The Ozodrin definitely needs more health to survive, particularly in Pathfinder, where your victims don't need an attack roll to hit you with a light weapon/unarmed strike/natural attack. I intend to add Inheritances that let you ability swap Con in place of Strength, in addition to their other benefits. So you might as well spec Con and get that extra tankyness.

29. - Top - End - #1049

I have another rules question - I tried to use Sinister Image during last game session and no one in my group is sure how it works.

> The Ozodrin can "sense" the depictions of itself. What does that mean? Does it know the relative location of the image? The general dimensions of the depiction? Does it know what the depiction is (statue/painting/costume/etc)?

> Can your opponents attack/cast spells at depictions of you or do they only count as part of you for the purpose of moving features and sensing if you are being viewed (assuming the latter. Please, Please, Please say it is the latter.)?

> Can you use other abilities through Sinister Image (spells, magical senses, racial auras, etc) or do you have to move a feature there to use anything besides shifting features (assuming the latter)?

> How fine-tuned is the ability to sense if the depiction is being viewed? Is it "yes/no", "None/a few/a bunch of people", or do you know exactly how many people are viewing it?

>Does the ability work across planes (assuming yes)?
    Last edited by Magikeeper; 2013-02-19 at 03:02 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

> The Ozodrin can "sense" the depictions of itself. What does that mean? Does it know the relative location of the image? The general dimensions of the depiction? Does it know what the depiction is (statue/painting/costume/etc)?
    The ozodrin knows of their existence and if people are looking at it. It is able to distinctly recognize each one, though would not know the actual appearance of them without actually seeing it. It does not know where they are unless it has confirmed their location, but can tell if they've been moved about.

> Can your opponents attack/cast spells at depictions of you or do they only count as part of you for the purpose of moving features and sensing if you are being viewed (assuming the latter. Please, Please, Please say it is the latter.)?
    The latter. Mind if you put a feature on it they can attack the feature.

> Can you use other abilities through Sinister Image (spells, magical senses, racial auras, etc) or do you have to move a feature there to use anything besides shifting features (assuming the latter)?
    The latter, if there is no feature there, it is essentially a normal painting/statue/etc.

> How fine-tuned is the ability to sense if the depiction is being viewed? Is it "yes/no", "None/a few/a bunch of people", or do you know exactly how many people are viewing it?
    You can uniquely distinguish each gaze upon it. This doesn't tell you who is looking at it (nor let you tell specific gazes apart), but it does let you know how many there are, as well as their reletive direction for the object.

>Does the ability work across planes (assuming yes)?
    Yes, it does.

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew