New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940
Results 1,171 to 1,184 of 1184
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Tooth and Tentacle [base class PEACH]

Eh, I was thinking "Ozodrin 3.5vM" or something. I'd rather not have Magikeeper in the title. Although the other thread is also using Tooth and Tentacle, so I could go

"Tooth and Tentacle 3.5vM"

I'd like to go "Ozodrin [3.5]" or just "Tooth and Tentacle [3.5]" but Owrtho seems to have plans to update this class itself so I should have something distinguishing it from the original Ozodrin (since they are both 3.5).

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Barbarian in the Playground

Magikeeper's sounds good. I also suggest rather than 1.0 and 2.0, the split be refered to as advanced and basic ozodrin.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

Could go for Fang and Pseudopod. XP
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I have a few questions.

1. The limit of 1/3 your class level rounded down - 1 for how much of your enhancement bonus you can trade for enchantments to a feature, is that counted separately for each enchantment or is it based on the total price of all enchantments on it. Like, you can't get a +5 priced enhancement till level 20, but can you get a +4 enhancement and +2?

2. When you trade part of your enhancement bonus for an enchantment can you do it if it leaves the feature's enhancement bonus lower than the price of the enchantment, IE at level 15 you have +7 but going off the limit can you apply a +4 enhancement. Can you apply a +4 enchantment even though it would reduce the features enhancement bonus to +3?
    Last edited by wiimanclassic; 2014-05-17 at 09:49 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1175

@Magi
    Well the problem here is that you're not bringing up new concepts, you're posting an entire thread as a response.

I personally would love to comment and discuss your new concepts as they are added (some of them are quite good), but it's a pain in the arse to sort through them in the format you're using for updates. I would say more but I think you know my style preference for those by taking a look at my latest posts in the ozodrin remix.

@Name
    I like referring to this thread as "Owrtho's Ozodrin", perhaps because it rolls off the tongue so well. Magikeeper's Ozodrin is a fine name, but if you want to do it in notation I'd say lose the 3.5 as the forum already sorts that. I call mine 3.P because it's designed and balanced to be used in 3.X and pathfinder.

@Content
    I can't promise I can spot all the new content in one go, but I'll give a few points:

Beckoning Gaze
    This is a great augment and I plan to modify it's concept. I will make it 3FP and make a gaze more contextually like a tangible energy such as ray or something else, this might give optionality to change the save type from will and would negate eye aversion and such. I had planned to do something similar for machine lasers but hadn't got around to it. Shortcut! :D

Proclaiming Gaze
    I like this, great flavor but it sounds like it proc's twisted mind?

Devouring Gaze
    Great fluff, I really like this. I'll think about how it can be adapted.

Piercing Rain
    Area attacks were something we thought about putting in, I think I can adapt this to apply to my organ attacks (spit, gaze, pseudopodia) and spike. I'll play around with the idea of adding it to any natural attack in general.

Nth Dimensional Flesh
    I like this and similar flavor, but I'm having trouble picturing it's balance. Further thought or datapoints needed.

Spawn Rampage Action
    Why?

Other Spawn Augments
    These are nice, I think they really help fill the high level spawn gap, I'll take a close look at these later when I'm making the optionality for high level spawn-specialized play.

Spawn in general
    I think this high level hybridized approach is ok, but it loses a few elements... selinia's creature system was intended to turn summons into non-creature tokens, where as the high level optionality you're offering is tossing out that concept. You're doing a good job using what balance points are still applicable but the system was designed for low level management, it will need further modifications before it becomes a suitable platform for play only at high level.

Keep up the good work!

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

Magikeeper, thread title:
    "We're full of protein, not stars!"
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #1177

this class is creepy. I LOVE IT
    Its not about having good grades It's about passing the semester

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Nicholas (Nick if he likes you) Lorchester
    Jeqem Ashthorn

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello everyone~!
    I do have one question regarding the AC bonus granted to Ozodrin every 3 eyes.

Does it apply to flatfooted AC? Does it apply to Touch AC?

9. - Top - End - #1179

Quote Originally Posted by Yasahiro View Post
    Untyped bonus. Applies period.

10. - Top - End - #1180

Quote Originally Posted by Yasahiro View Post
    Hello everyone~!
    I do have one question regarding the AC bonus granted to Ozodrin every 3 eyes.

For balance purposes it applies to both, so you could rationalize it by saying the ozodrin's eye may serve other functions than just sight, and her warping of space could be the cause of the mechanics.

That being said, I changed this to dodge AC and NAC with different augments respectively, if left to the current mechanics I suggest adding more flavortext to allow understanding.

11. - Top - End - #1181

I felt I should note that I have not completely fallen off the face of the planet - It's just that actually making the new thread will require a great deal of time spent formatting and chart-making, and I just haven't had the time to do it.

One small comment: Spawn rampage action is just a remnant of a brief period where it actually served a purpose.

12. - Top - End - #1182

I'm currently rethinking the Shifting augment, is it necessary to limit the feature to level 17?

If not, what is the lowest level requirement that this augment would remain balanced at?

What is the most optimized usage of the shifting augment?
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2014-09-21 at 08:45 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

this class is great, and it works in perfect tandem with a few of my races, The Quiet Ones in particular,
    stage 1, infiltrate and steal peoples secrets,
    stage 2, ozadrin morph,
    stage 3, apply fear of the hidden dark,
    stage 4,
    run little rabbits run, for we are the fox and we want fun,
    run little foxes run, for we are the hunters loading our gun,
    run little hunters run, for we are the monsters who ate the sun,
    run little monsters run, for we are your souls, each and everyone
    run little spirits run, for these are your fears, bear to the common-man
    no way to hide, no shadow still dark, open thine heart for at the people to hark
    Reality is my clay, Imagination my tools.

Always have an idea on hand.

14. - Top - End - #1184

Little bit of confusion around shifting shape, hopefully mostly cleared up but let me detail the process:

The reason Shifting Shape's usage was not obvious was because the remix has removing features as a free action, so the only use for shifting shape is for Sinister Image.

Because Owrtho's Ozodrin has an action cost for adding AND removing a feature it makes moving a feature have a substantial boost on action economy, where as the remix it only has a bonus to action economy if you are modifying a feature required for a maintained action, or if the feature you are trying to move is not apart of your quickform loadout or is over 1+1/4th your maximum FP.

With this in mind I'll be redoing shifting shape and lowering it's level requirement substantially.