New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91

Default Re: Stay away from my animal friend, darn it.

As a druid, take Elemental Companion, and take an Unraveler (Planar Handbook). Let's see them touch your companion NOW! BWAHAHAHAHAH!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Play druid, get animal companion, give animal companion to another party member, get new animal companion, give animal companion to another party member, get new animal companion, give animal companion to another party member, get new animal companion, give animal companion to another party member...

Give it enough time, and either your DM will stop this thing, or your players will crush the world under badgers. Either way, everyone wins.
    Now... Thinking about an evil druid... Was this how the "Cursed with Pig" flaw started?
    Boats are like nuts, the outside is hard but the inside is usually good to eat.

And remember, things can always get worse.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthromancer View Post
    Being a doormat doesn't make you a man. It makes you a doormat. "Real men" (and women) stand up for what they believe is right; or at least, that's my view on things.

If you believe it's right to let others steal what is rightfully yours, and that it's okay for them to ruin your fun to supplement their own, then you have no right to complain when they do.
    then obviously you don't believe in pacifism.
    Judging from the characterchoices and other information, I suspect the OP does.

also, there is a distinct difference between thinking it's ok to steal and giving someone the benefit of the doubt before you conclude it is indeed ill will and smiting their asses.
    Last edited by Escheton; 2010-05-26 at 12:43 AM.
    "Quick Draw. It grants the ability to turn any boring non-combat scenario into combat as a FREE ACTION."-Deleted User

Handy links:

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

My solution: Play a Conjurer with Summon Elemental or a Druid with a fire elemental companion (Complete Mage). Summon fire elementals.
    Quote Originally Posted by GPuzzle View Post
    And I do agree that the right answer to the magic/mundane problem is to make everyone badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    If you're of a philosophical bent, the powergamer is a great example of Heidegger's modern technological man, who treats a game's mechanics as a standing reserve of undifferentiated resources that are to be used for his goals.
    My Complete Tome of Battle Maneuver/Stance/Class Overhaul

Arseplomancy = Fanatic Tarrasque!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Escheton View Post

also, there is a distinct difference between thinking it's ok to steal and giving someone the benefit of the doubt before you conclude it is indeed ill will and smiting their asses.
    Not jumping directly to violence is one thing, but if you don't make noise about it and just give in you're giving everyone free reign to do whatever they want to you.

They may be nothing more than minor annoyances, due to the fact that it's a game, but it's still ruining his fun at his expense. Those people, in their own ways, are bullying him, and that's not right, on any level. However, he's giving his permission by keeping quiet, even when they're ruining his enjoyment of the game.

It may be on a smaller scale, but it's the same principle: "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
    Last edited by Lycanthromancer; 2010-05-26 at 01:28 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey. I just want to pop in and say: This thread made my day!

Pokedex #999: Roc Ness
    Avvie by Serpentine.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

T-Rex. Lets see how they like being "played with" by a creature that size.
    Never forget you are the walls of steel and iron, between Mankind and a thousand horrors too unspeakable to name. You are the walls of Hell.

My warhammer 40000 Blog: http://bewaretheskinks.blogspot.com/

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

'Hey master hey master can I play with the druid can I can I?'
    'No! We don't have the time to recruit a replacement druid for the SECOND time...'
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Escheton View Post

Ghandi was an icon of pacifism. He was anything but silent though. Being a pacifist doesn't mean allowing bad stuff to happen.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

trying to decipher this. Is the OPs main nemesis here a female player?

Are you really having trouble RPing a character tough enough to stand up to another PC or are you having trouble not wanting to piss off the chick?

Either way, making yourself the group's Omega just leads to frustration and depression.
    Disciple Primus of Belkar, The Redeemer.
    Church of Banjo (Orthodox)

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Just noticed that it was the OP that was revealed to be a joke as far as the players OOC feelings/motives etc.

For the edification of those reading this later, I will leave my comments based on my ORIGINAL assumptions below.
    Pacifists have no place as D&D adventures, except MAYBE if they have Vow of Peace (which is probably a very bad feat). Whatever your RL views might or might not be, you should not play a pacifist in D&D. I agree that you must deal with this if it is annoying to you. Talk to the person IC, then if necessary the rest of the party IC, then if necessary OOC, then if necessary the GM. Your message to the GM (if it gets that far) should be "You have three options: You get the person to stop OOC, you play along (as in fudging dice rolls) with my characters attempts to kill and/or UTTERLY humiliate (as in strip naked, beat to half hit-points, and force to walk in front of you back to town to answer for his/her crimes) theres, or I am leaving your worthless group."
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-05-28 at 10:10 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

This thread has made me happy. I am a player prone to have animal companions or familiars of some variety. i find them enjoyable roleplay, though often useless combat wise past a certain level.

i realize the thread is largly a joke but here are my opinions of the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezewizz2000 View Post
    On, and as for the dragon/velociraptor thing. Have the velociraptor like her more, similar to the Paladin Mount, but go all out squick. Ever try to stop the advances of an amorous velociraptor?
    OMG do this because I would so do this if anyone tried to steal my companion. And i was nearly on the floor laughing at the thought that maybe the other player WOULD have a higher squick tolerance than you and run with it. Even if she ran with it far beyond your level of squick tolerance, she would then be playing THAT character and everythime you guys encountered any kind of reptilian you could make horrible jokes."hey go seduce the draconic troll/oger, so we can sneak by. . . what? your into that right?" or "uh oh! kobold village, somebody put a leash on her or they'll arest us for public indecency."

In lieu of that this is something I worked out as an idea. The druid animal companion was actually the druid's spouse after a botched reincarnation and some pretty crappy feeblesminds. The druid was improving as a druid so it could eventualy be powerful enough to either fix said spouse, pay someone else to do it, or live out their days together as animals via wildshape.
    RAMS > RAI > RAW

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm...

This topic has given me a strange thought. AA Mephlig wizard who summons a Mephit familiar, and later marries it!
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!