New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Azure Zephyr

Arha

With all the 'talk' going on of staffs and mountains... Arha is staying clear of Liam and Shrike. She doesn't really care to hear about someething of which she isn't getting any of and it irritates her.

She doesn't try to lay claim to any of the items, leaving them for the others or for whoever wants them. She's contemplating how to study poisons when she doesn't have easy access to the ingredients.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Calli Pent 44/44 hp
    Halfling Rogue/Dragon-Knight

As much as Calli had been enjoying the conversation between Bruug and Jasper, she feels slightly embarrased and annoyed when Bruug bows to the armor.

The armor she happens to be wearing, making it look as if he's bowing to her. Please, stand up for Bast's sake. I hate it when you guys bow in front of me. She looks around, hoping no one else can see them.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruug chuckles as he straightens and sits back down. "Sorry Calli. I didn't mean to embarass you. You should feel honored for having been chosen to be protector to such an artifact. I know I'm envious."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Default Readying for Astral-Jump

Journey of the Azure Zephyr:
    At some point four days after leaving the North Zalbos port, and once the Azure Zephyr has gone far North into open sea, it will be announced that the ship will make the hyperspace-jump.

Most of the crew has been prepared for the ship's operation, however, few of the crew have ever actually plane-shifted at all. This was a mostly human crew, trained by the wizards to operate this massive metal ship. This as far as a mostly human endeavor was one of the first of its kind on this planet.

Merie and few of her special spelljammer officers will code the coordinates, and tell all crew to get below decks. The crew already has been spoiled, with a gameroom, rec-room, and the virtual library, there is always something to do. There is even a bar area, where Olmeric has his young assistants serve liquor at approved times and quantities. Going below decks was a pleasure for the crew.

All will be sent below decks, except for essential crew on the bridge. The travel was NOT instantaneous, and there was a dazzling spectacle coming, so Captain Merie wants all of you to be prepared when she announces that it is time to plane-shift the ship.

Arha and Poisons:
    Arha will be able to study wild animals, and even have 'chemical' analysis of their venom and other traits. She can easily come across poison studying various animals. Eventually she can get the dagger to manifest a couple poisons of scorpions and snakes. She of course endangered herself with the dagger in these studies, and even cut herself once. Luckily, she's a tough wizard lady.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2010-07-06 at 10:10 AM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Calli Pent 44/44 hp

Calli smiles to Bruug when he stands. It's okay, I guess. And I am honored and thankful to be Jasper's..... protector?

It just feels strange for a nothing like me to have someone bowing before her. I had some admiral lady do it to me in front of the whole crew on the Black Tornado. I thought I was going to die from embarrassment.

Calli shifts the armor into the emerald green dress she prefers. She shifts the mask into a hair band, so that Jasper can continue talking to them.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruug smiles as he sits back down. "I doubt you are a nothing. I don't think they hire that sort on this ship. And I doubt such a powerful and rare artifact like Jasper would choose a nothing. It will be an honor to work with you, Miss Calli."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Default Time with the Suit

Calli, Bruug, amd the Voice of a Dragon:
    The voice continues to push confidence into Calli's spirit. "Don't be embarrassed Calli. I was once the awe of all humanoids. It is the least they can do to honor my memory. Even if they don't exactly know WHO they honor."
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2010-07-06 at 09:02 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Calli Pent 44/44 hp

Calli stands a little straighter. I'm sorry Jaspaer. I don't intend to dishonor you.

Then to Bruug, and Jasper both. I figured it was just a situational motivation. We were trapped together. But then.... He could have left me there, I suppose. He really did choose me, didn't he? She smiles what will be easily recognizable as a very authentic smile.

I will be proud to help you as best I can, Bruug. Just... don't die on me, okay? I'm tired of all of the best dying on me.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruug will get a strange look on his face, although torn between laughing and crying. One hand goes up to the gold locket around his neck. "I know the feeling. I won't die if you won't.' Taking a moment to compose himself, he'll address Jaspar. "So who were you then? A king among dragons? There are several kinds of gem dragon, right? What kind were you?"

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Olrik is quite interested in the coming plane shift. He has managed to develop such powers himself long before now but he has yet to try them out. it should be interesting.

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    — Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Liam settles down with Shrike and Daen at some point, probably to a private meal in their cabin. "So... son. What else can you tell us about this future we have ahead of us?"
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

12. - Top - End - #222
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Illanee

Illanee continues her observations of the ship and crew, sticking to shadows and hiding places. She checks in on Liam and Shrike frequently and Bruug far less frequently. Seeing her above deck is a rarity and starting with the captain's announcement of a planeshift she won't be seen at all until after it's done.

For all the ship's fancy abilities and seemingly study construction, the drow finds herself unsettled by the entire mode of transportation.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike

Up until the ship is ready to plane-shift, Shrike spends her time (when not with Liam and his staff) exploring the ship, trying to learn how it works - or at least learn enough not to look like a total idiot. She also spends a good bit of time with Illanee, talking, still learning more from her mentor on religious matters, as well as family ones, and, noticing her unsettledness, expressing a willingness to discuss her concerns about the transport.

Later, when the plane-shift comes about, she joins her husband and their future son in their cabin, leaning gently against Liam's side as he asks the question she was too afraid to ask.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

AT some point during the journey Olrik decides to seek out Shrike. He is interested in comparing notes with the other Psions and she seems to be the most connected of them. In a manner he also tries to avoid Brugg for the time being, whilst he enjoyed speaking with the ogre mage he could not help but feel the direction the conversation was heading in was perhaps a little...inappropriate.

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Arha

Arha is finding a whole new fascinating course of study and it consumes most of her time. She tries to be very careful and in this case, being a blood mage seems to be helping her. She still spends the evenings on deck, watching the world go by.

When it's time for the plane-shift she retreats below, if that's what the crew and captain want, then she follows those orders. She occasionally talks to the Eye, asking it if they're on the right track and why the white drow wanted Kerri dead.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Calli Pent 44/44 hp

Deal. she holds her hand ouot, as if they need to shake on it. Which she feels they do.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruug smiles as he carefully takes Calli's hand in his own, shaking it gently. "I guess now we wait until we arrive."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Calli Pent 44/44 hp

Calli looks around. Have you met Salli? She's my doppleganger servant. She's going to stay with me until we find Allie.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruug turns towards Salli and nods politely. "Nice to meet you Salli. A doppelganger eh? So you can look like anybody? That might prove useful on the island."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aust decides to take some time off and as the jump approaches makes his way down into the cargo hold. He will feign sleep for several hours in the privacy of his own 'bed' secreted away in the cargo, as he does not need it and he does not wish to take the risk of actually going to sleep when someone's around removing peoples hearts as that's still quite lethal even for him. But if they happen to make an appearance thinking he's easy prey, well that's good in it's own sense perhaps.

Bluff(1d20+10)[20]

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

After dinner...

Shrike

Quote Originally Posted by Jair Barik View Post
    AT some point during the journey Olrik decides to seek out Shrike. He is interested in comparing notes with the other Psions and she seems to be the most connected of them. In a manner he also tries to avoid Brugg for the time being, whilst he enjoyed speaking with the ogre mage he could not help but feel the direction the conversation was heading in was perhaps a little...inappropriate.
    Olrik might find Shrike running laps of the ship below decks as it undergoes the Plane Shift, looking, perhaps, just a bit claustrophobic, but giving the other psion a nod and smile of greeting as he is spotted. "Good day. Orlik, I resume, yes?" she asks.

((And yes, she did say the name wrong, a bit. ))

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

"Olrik...acually." The Psion smiles slightly, only slightly mind.

"I noticed during the battle with that Demon that you used a number of Psionic abilities, specifically Psychokinesis. I assume that is your main field but was curious as to wether or not you have branched out into any other study of the powers of the mind."

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Default Going to the Astral

Hyperspace Jump:
    This ship has all the amenities of a starship cruiser, and things that go with that, so it won't be surprising to those of you expecting a light-show; the hyper-jump is quite exciting to watch.

Energy crackles and whirs around the ship in a spectacular rainbow of colorful light that encircles the ship. Merie doesn't mind the officers on the main deck, but traveling through the astral with no shield up, Merie wanted to keep the general crew safe.

The flashy jaunt to the Astral takes several seconds, but quickly the wide blue ocean becomes expansive yellowish nothingness. Those on the deck will feel no air as you move, but the little bit of astral-debris floating by at sonic speeds gives you an idea of the Zephyr's astral-speed.

Those of you on the main deck will see a flock of something silvery approaching at near-warp speeds. You will only have a moment to react, and it is clear that these silvery triangles are not friendly. For those of you below decks, without even an order the ship will suddenly blink, flash, and buzz with the noise of Red Alert Stations! The red light and sound manifests magically through illusion, even Aust is aware of the fuzzy illusory alarm.

Daen and his Parents:

Daen is not sure he can speak on this, but since Jo isn't around he relaxes. "Not sure of the future really. Without you guys around after a while... well... I grew up on the fey-plane. If it wasn't for Bruug and the... well, if it wasn't for him, I might still be there with my brother. From what I see now there appear to be more elves nowadays. I hear 200 years ago, there were millions. In the future even the elven empire is gone."

Arha and the Eye:
    "The White Drow wanted the healer dead."

Calli, Bruug, and the Dragon-Voice:

"Yes... I could be called a king. A ruler of my domain. For a brief peroid, I was the head of the Council of Emerald Dragons."

Salli, if around, is not privy to any of the telepathic communication, and will wonder what the ogre and hobbit speak at. Meeting Bruug, Salli as a pretty hobbit smiles, "I can even have limited adaptation to the surroundings if needed. I may even be able to breath the ogre air of the isle."
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2010-07-08 at 04:55 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

It's three...three...three posts in one!
    ...well, two, but the gag doesn't work that way.

Shrike

later, with Olrik

"I do know quite a few abilities like that," Shrike confirms. "Most of what I can do is electrical, although I can do fire and sound with the energy bolts as well. I haven't studied them much though. As long as they work and zap the bad guys, that's really all I care about," the 'psionic barbarian' says with a chuckle.

At dinner:
    "Oh." Shrike frowns a bit; some of her best friends are elves. (And dark elves). "Well, hopefully this time around, we'll be here for both of you." She slips an arm around Liam, and whispers in his ear. "Or the three of them. Or four..."
    Chuckling, she turns her attention back to her 'future-son'. "Would it be breaking history to ask if you...have anyone?"

Daen may be saved by the bellklaxon.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2010-07-08 at 10:14 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #235
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aust sighs for a moment. "And just when I was getting comfortable..." He adds wooshing out of his hidden container in a goute of mist. "Well, lets find out what's going on." He adds locking his hands in the small of his back and walking back up towards the bridge - though he will pick up the pace if things seem more dire.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Calli Pent 44/44 hp

Calli pales after Jasper speaks again. It was like, she was wearing royalty. I... I didn't know.....

Then the alert goes up. Calli looks up to Bruug, then dashes toward the main deck. Salli, stay here!

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Liam smiles as Shrike adds up their possible offspring, then as she asks her other question, the lights start flashing from outside and the alarm goes off. Liam jumps up, grabbing his staff, "I think we'd better head up on deck and see how we can assist!"
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

28. - Top - End - #238
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Illanee

Illanee finds a spot near Shrike and Liam's cabin to wait out the jump. She braces herself far more firmly than necessary and quails at any bumps or jerking that seem out of the ordinary - which to her is most of them. The sound of the klaxon gives her something else to focus on and by the time Liam has is staff in hand, Illanee is at their door.

"Yes, this is bound to be trouble."
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-07-08 at 06:01 PM.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Arha

Arha is in her room when the alarm sounds off. She grabs her stuff and heads up on deck to find out what's going on. The astral plane distracts her for a second as she looks out on the endless yellowness and her eyes search the surrounding area for the reason the alarm went off. Sooner or later she spots the silvery flock of something and she mutters a little under her breath as she considers her spells and what might affect the things approaching.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike

Shrike grabs her things as she scrambles up after Liam. "I suppose a nice quiet evening was too much to ask for, eh?" she chuckles as she follows Liam and Illanee.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2010-07-08 at 10:14 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew